PDA

View Full Version : A Good Day To Die Hard (DH5)

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Ok, well we all know the story here.. John Mcclane is a bad ass that cannot die that blows shit up and does it well. This time him and his son team up to tear shit up. I love every one of these movies, especially the last installment. New trailer was just released.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_good_day_to_die_hard/trailers/11174805/

Pillfred
01-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Saw the trailer for this at a movie a couple months back, looks to be pretty badass as usual. Pretty stoked they have a new one coming out.

Deadpool
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
They're playing this movie in IMAX?? I'm in. Really loving the trend of big event movies in that format. Skyfall was one of the best IMAX experiences I've had, so I think that means I'm definitely seeing the new Die Hard in theaters now...

onthewall2983
01-12-2013, 07:54 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img22/7894/20130112163414.jpg

DVYDRNS
01-12-2013, 08:02 PM
The die hard series are some stupid action movies I can really get on board with! Lookin forward to this one!

Leman Russ
01-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Apparently some theaters are going to marathon all four of the others leading up to the premiere of part 5. I would love to see 1, 2, & 3 in the theater

Leman Russ
01-18-2013, 12:38 PM
So has anybody heard about Patrick Stewart possibly playing the villain? Sounds like an awesome choice to me

kdrcraig
01-18-2013, 12:49 PM
So has anybody heard about Patrick Stewart possibly playing the villain? Sounds like an awesome choice to me

That would be pretty damn cool. I've only seen a couple trailers but they've shown pretty much nothing to what the movie is actually going to be about or who is in it. Just a bunch of explosions, which I'm fine with, and his son is there.

mfte
01-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Are they still pretending the first 3 didnt happen?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Are they still pretending the first 3 didnt happen?

What do you mean?

onthewall2983
02-12-2013, 02:43 PM
http://youtu.be/KqWdbueSBHA

S. Chonson
02-13-2013, 03:19 PM
0% on Rotten Tomatoes.

thevoid99
02-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Right now, it's 7% at Rotten Tomatoes. I knew having Skip Woods writing the script is a bad idea. The only decent film he ever wrote was The A-Team because of Joe Carnahan. Woods is a shit writer.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Critics never steer me away from any movie. From the clips it seemed like the script was horrible, but it cannot be that bad. I'm sure I will still love it like I did the whole franchise... we'll see.

kdrcraig
02-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Probably going to go see it this weekend.

Wretchedest
02-13-2013, 09:58 PM
THe review I read indicated that the hate comes from the movies lack of realism, an element that made the first one as popular and classic as it is.

But the way I see it, movies only get more ridiculous during sequels, especially after the third one. Die Hard 5 is SUPPOSED to be silly, over the top, and crazy, that's what made Die Hard 4 so awesome, with its helicopter-car-jumping and such... what do people expect here?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-14-2013, 07:29 PM
THe review I read indicated that the hate comes from the movies lack of realism, an element that made the first one as popular and classic as it is.

But the way I see it, movies only get more ridiculous during sequels, especially after the third one. Die Hard 5 is SUPPOSED to be silly, over the top, and crazy, that's what made Die Hard 4 so awesome, with its helicopter-car-jumping and such... what do people expect here?

I completely agree. We know what we are getting into here when we go to see a Die Hard film, and from what the critics say about the movie is that shit gets blown up good and Bruce Willis of course delivers his wise cracks.. I wasn't looking for anything more here. Die Hard 4 was freaking great and my favorite of the series next to the first one and very very close to With A Vengeance. Weird because rotten tomatoes says for DH4 that it is preposterous but has everything a Die Hard film should have.... DH5 looks very similar to me.

To me, it seems like critics have a lot of beef with the script... but can it be that bad?

thevoid99
02-14-2013, 08:19 PM
I completely agree. We know what we are getting into here when we go to see a Die Hard film, and from what the critics say about the movie is that shit gets blown up good and Bruce Willis of course delivers his wise cracks.. I wasn't looking for anything more here. Die Hard 4 was freaking great and my favorite of the series next to the first one and very very close to With A Vengeance. Weird because rotten tomatoes says for DH4 that it is preposterous but has everything a Die Hard film should have.... DH5 looks very similar to me.

To me, it seems like critics have a lot of beef with the script... but can it be that bad?

From the guy who wrote screenplays for Swordfish, Hitman, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine? Yep. The guy is a hack.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-14-2013, 09:09 PM
From the guy who wrote screenplays for Swordfish, Hitman, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine? Yep. The guy is a hack.

I happen to love Swordfish... but everything else is blahh. Pretty sure this movie will make a good amount of money anyway.

blackholesun
02-15-2013, 11:36 AM
I saw it last night. It was exactly what I expected - big dumb fun - giant explosions, cheesy one-liners, crazy chase scenes. Was fun.

kdrcraig
02-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Saw it yesterday and enjoyed it. Probably my least favorite out of all of them but it was still Die Hard

october_midnight
04-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Cannot believe I'm typing the words, but...

Die Hard 6: Die Hardest (http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Die-Hard-6-Die-Hardest-Could-Follow-John-McClane-Tokyo-37262.html)

kdrcraig
04-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Oh my god. I didn't think they could come up with a worse title than A Good Day to Die Hard, or Live Free or Die Hard for that matter.

marodi
04-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Die Hard: Die Already

Meh.

imail724
04-30-2013, 03:17 PM
I didn't see it, but did anybody like A Good Day? Or was it pretty unanimously hated? I ask because I remember a lot of people not liking Live Free, but I didn't hate that one.

thevoid99
04-30-2013, 03:19 PM
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.... I refuse to have a sixth film made. I didn't see the last one and I didn't like Live Free or Die Hard. No, the John McClane character doesn't anything to prove anymore. Just let it go.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
07-18-2013, 01:08 AM
I didn't see it, but did anybody like A Good Day? Or was it pretty unanimously hated? I ask because I remember a lot of people not liking Live Free, but I didn't hate that one.

A Good Day to Die Hard is not a Die Hard movie... It is really sad to say this but the movie just did not work AT ALL! I don't get the hate for Live Free because even though that was over the top ridiculous, it was bad ass and McClane was well.... McClane. In A Good Day it just looks like Bruce Willis reading lines. The story sucks.. the action is sub par for a Die Hard film, and the script is just horrible. After it was over it was like "That was it?". Don't waste your time.

NotoriousTIMP
07-18-2013, 01:17 AM
^^^
I couldn't agree more

thevoid99
07-18-2013, 06:02 PM
I haven't seen the new film and I don't want to. For me, it seems the writers and directors really have no clue on who John McClane is. To me, John McClane is not the typical action hero but an everyman who is willing to do whatever it takes to do what is right and survive. If you look at the first Die Hard which is truly an undisputed classic. What do we know about John McClane? He's just a simple cop from New York City who likes to do his job and make sure that law and order is there. Once he's in that situation where a group of terrorists come in to rob a shitload of money and see a corporate boss get whacked in the head. He doesn't go in there and kill those guys at the risk of his own life. He has to outsmart them while being bare-footed and using his skills as a police officer to do whatever it takes. He bleeds. He gets bruises and has moments where it looks like he will almost die. Most of all, he's human who admits to fucking up every once in a while but that's what makes him so appealing. These new films don't understand who McClane is as he's becoming nothing more than the generic action hero that regular people can't relate to.

kdrcraig
07-18-2013, 06:08 PM
I don't know, I think he was fine in Live Free, all the stuff about "that's what makes you that guy". That movie wasn't great but it felt like Die Hard and John McClaine, the new movie felt like neither.

Wretchedest
07-18-2013, 10:49 PM
A Good Day was pretty bad, but I don't think it necessarily points to a bad sixth movie. I feel like A Good Day is really the oddman out here and I'm not ready to mourn the franchise just yet.

They managed to turn X-Men around with "First Class" and it sounds like the new Wolverine movie is actually good too... if they can turn that piece of shit franchise around I'll hold out some hope.

Besides... Die Hardest​ guys!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
07-18-2013, 11:34 PM
A Good Day was pretty bad, but I don't think it necessarily points to a bad sixth movie. I feel like A Good Day is really the oddman out here and I'm not ready to mourn the franchise just yet.

They managed to turn X-Men around with "First Class" and it sounds like the new Wolverine movie is actually good too... if they can turn that piece of shit franchise around I'll hold out some hope.

Besides... Die Hardest​ guys!

Live Free is my favorite next to the first installment.. (very close tie to Vengeance). I remember when everyone was skeptical about the whole computer/technology take on the series but for me it worked very well and I have to be one of the only people that find Justin Long enjoyable. Just from the first sequence with Lucy in the car with her man, McClane coming out of nowhere being the badass that he is was refreshing from the over ten year wait for a new movie. The humour was there, the vintage McClane was pretty much there coming up with last minute decisions on how to take someone or something out: (Enter helicopter scene). Also, McClane shooting the main henchmen through an already shot shoulder is one of the top highlights from any Die Hard movie.

For me.. Die Hard 2 was a huge departure from the series after A Good Day rolled in. It was subpar next to the classic, and the bad reviews and hate for Vengeance I still do not understand till this day. I really hope Willis has enough left in him to actually show some sort of interest in his latest movies (Besides Looper) and being the Die Hard series to a proper close.

kdrcraig
07-18-2013, 11:40 PM
People hate Vengeance?

thevoid99
07-19-2013, 12:04 AM
I liked Die Hard with a Vengeance. I thought it was really good. Especially the revenge angle with Jeremy Irons playing Hans' brother Simon.

Fixer808
07-19-2013, 12:05 AM
They managed to turn X-Men around with "First Class"
I don't understand. By "turned around" did you mean "making it buttfucking stupid"?

Wretchedest
07-19-2013, 12:48 AM
I suppose it's all relative but I think First Class is among the best in that series. I mean compared to X3 and the first wolverine it was pretty solid.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
07-19-2013, 12:55 AM
I suppose it's all relative but I think First Class is among the best in that series. I mean compared to X3 and the first wolverine it was pretty solid.

First Class was pretty awesome and I cannot wait for the second film. The only aspect I disliked about the movie was Kevin Bacons character here and there.. especially the part when you find out about the whole missile crisis mumbo jumbo; that was just ridiculous.

Broadbent
07-20-2013, 11:27 AM
funny insight on how a die hard movie is made starts at 6:18 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R10LY3FNRE