PDA

View Full Version : Little Things That Piss You Off - more bitching about your mom

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Jinsai
11-26-2012, 06:59 PM
In response to the new Facebook guidelines I hereby declare that my copyright is attached to all of my personal details, illustrations, comics, paintings, professional photos and videos, etc. (as a result of the Berner Convention). For commercial use of the above my written consent is needed at all times!

(Anyone reading this can copy this text and paste it on their Facebook Wall. This will place them under protection of copyright laws. By the present communiqué, I notify Facebook that it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, disseminate, or take any other action against me on the basis of this profile and/or its contents. The aforementioned prohibited actions also apply to employees, students, agents and/or any staff under Facebook's direction or control. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of my privacy is punished by law (UCC 1 1-308-308 1-103 and the Rome Statute).

Facebook is now an open capital entity. All members are recommended to publish a notice like this, or if you prefer, you may copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once, you will be tacitly allowing the use of elements such as your photos as well as the information contained in your profile status updates...

Fixer808
11-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Yeah, that and "PLEASE REPOST THIS IF YOU HATE RAPISTS. 99% of you support rape by not reposting. WILL YOU BE IN THE 1% BRAVE ENOUGH TO SAY THAT RAPE IS BAD???" usually photoshopped over top of some lame picture that the poster believes is deep and meaningful.

Warped_Savant
11-26-2012, 08:34 PM
The "You won't be brave enough to repost this" ones always get me... The one that makes me laugh the most is when it's against bullying... Don't these people realize that trying to get someone to do something by passive aggressive belittling is a form of bullying?

The other one is about months that have 3 Friday's, Saturday's, and Sunday's... It happens to any 31 day month every 13 years or less!

Pillfred
11-26-2012, 09:40 PM
"Oh! Say!, Oh! Say!.....I need Damon (me) to come inside RIGHT NOW!" This in response to me going out for a smoke before a 9 top comes in. Oh, wait it was only two dudes who came inside, low and behold they both had the buffet that was already set up.... This woman is a true product nepotism, and it sucks. Ya, and other dude was inside the entire time. This woman drives me crazy!

Dra508
11-27-2012, 08:56 AM
The overuse of the word NARRATIVE is a little thing that pisses me off.

aggroculture
11-27-2012, 09:25 AM
"Oh! Say!, Oh! Say!.....I need Damon (me) to come inside RIGHT NOW!" This in response to me going out for a smoke before a 9 top comes in. Oh, wait it was only two dudes who came inside, low and behold they both had the buffet that was already set up.... This woman is a true product nepotism, and it sucks. Ya, and other dude was inside the entire time. This woman drives me crazy!

Shouldn't this be in the fucking thread? ;)

The overuse of the word NARRATIVE is a little thing that pisses me off.

Guilty as charged, but at least I have the excuse of being in academia.

Fixer808
11-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Worked outside last night in temps flirting with 0 degrees C... my core temperature is low. It was very cold out. A scarf may be in order tonight.

icklekitty
11-27-2012, 11:29 AM
It's going to get below zero this weekend. I swear those dicks that control the weather do it on purpose because they know everyone's out clubbing.

marodi
11-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Epic bad hair day is epic.

Basically I'm pissed at myself because I'm too lazy to go get a decent haircut. So I guess it should be: "epic laziness is epic".

frankie teardrop
11-27-2012, 12:46 PM
It's going to get below zero this weekend. I swear those dicks that control the weather do it on purpose because they know everyone's out clubbing.

yet there's still party girl type insistent on dressing in the skimpiest, most revealing clothing ever without a coat, as if coat check is a nonexistant concept. this happens in new york quite often and i have to say, i admire their conviction. it was even better in my college town, 200 miles north of NYC, where it starts snowing in october.

I just looked at my online traffic receipts (from Tunecore), and discovered that only 4 people paid (to date) for the album my band released in 2010. Considering that we spent almost 5 years working on it, I feel sort of insane.

I'm feeling suddenly very depressed and hopeless. and angry. Either Tunecore is robbing me blind, or I should blow my head off.

i feel this in a big way, except my band's method of distribution was via bandcamp. really depresses me how we were getting a decent local following with some expanded fanbase, and yet only 10 or so people purchased a limited CD copy of our new album. this is one of many reasons why the band split, and why i decided that unless a deal too good to be true pops up, i am done playing music. tired of beating my head against a wall to get people to pay attention.

/bitteroldfuck

icklekitty
11-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Yes! That happens a lot in the north of England. The coat check is like £1, and even if you're that poor (because you need precious money for vodka mixers) there's always the corner of the club to leave your coat. Because you'll be leaving your handbag, shoes, and drink unattended there anyway, tramp.

Jinsai
11-28-2012, 12:19 AM
i feel this in a big way, except my band's method of distribution was via bandcamp. really depresses me how we were getting a decent local following with some expanded fanbase, and yet only 10 or so people purchased a limited CD copy of our new album. this is one of many reasons why the band split, and why i decided that unless a deal too good to be true pops up, i am done playing music. tired of beating my head against a wall to get people to pay attention.

/bitteroldfuck

I completely get how you feel. At this point, I'm just making music for myself, which is still rewarding, but I'd love for people to hear it and for the cost of making it to be somehow reimbursed by the finished product. It's very hard to slave away at this stuff, and to feel that nobody gives a fuck. Additionally, it seems like the more I look at how people absorb music these days, it can seem very hopeless.

I've decided the best way to maintain my sanity (and to not just give up on making music entirely) is to do it because I love it, and to try to finish projects faster and be less obsessive about final details. Also, unfortunately, I don't think it's realistic anymore to actually print physical copies of the stuff I make. I don't think I'll ever stop making music though, even if it sometimes feels like a thankless job I'm not getting paid for.

Still, I'm sitting on a bunch of vinyl copies of my last album. I swear, side 2 of the vinyl version sounds amazing. Better than the CD. Even if the rest of the pressing didn't come out as well, there's something magical happening with the tone of side 2. I just can't even figure out how to get around to selling them outside of shows.

DF118
11-28-2012, 06:29 PM
If you guys really want to be heard, get into soundtrack work for iOS / Android apps. Sure, you'd be working to a brief, but your work can have great exposure.

Jinsai
11-28-2012, 06:42 PM
If you guys really want to be heard, get into soundtrack work for iOS / Android apps. Sure, you'd be working to a brief, but your work can have great exposure.

I'd be interested in doing that, but not sure how to offer my services to anyone. I had a friend who made the soundtrack to an iOS game that did pretty well. It's a good idea.

Jinsai
11-29-2012, 03:17 AM
apparently the people you count on the most will invariably let you down the most.

Dra508
11-30-2012, 02:06 PM
The fact that it is 3 pm and the sun is just about down. I officially hate the northeast - why am I still here*

*I'm sure I won't say this for two weeks in June and two weeks in October.

Fixer808
12-01-2012, 11:54 PM
So my job has slowed down drastically, and I'm sure I'll be laid off until next season anytime soon, so I'm looking for something to work at in the meantime.

Why in the SHITTING FUCK do ANY employers still say "Bring resume to ______ or fax to ______"?! There is absolutely NO GODDAMN EXCUSE for a business to not have an email address to send a resume to in (almost) 2013! Hell, there was no excuse for that a decade ago!!

Fixer808
12-02-2012, 02:24 AM
Friend:
"1 month, 13 days till my Birthday which is 1/13/83 so on 1/13/13, I'll be 30 - trippy, no?"
"1/13/13/83/1/13/13/30 code, whoa"

No. Are you being serious, or are you actually talking about numerology or something? Should I be measuring my skull to explain my personality traits to you?

Deus Ex Machina
12-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Jinsai, Frankie . . I've been going through exactly what you're talking about. Been walking around for the last few months wondering if I'm a crazy person or not, wondering if I've done something wrong that's blocking me from taking off musically, wondering if the music I've been making is just terrible and I can't tell.

But when I really think about it, I think the game has changed so much that it's kind of eating people. Nobody's fault, but the money and infrastructure are gone and we're climbing around on what's left. I hate to hear you feeling this way, because it fucking sucks, and nobody should have to feel this way, but I have to admit it's a bit of a relief to know that I'm not alone. The two of you especially*; working hard; making great music; I think you're evidence of a deeply flawed system rather than flawed musicians or even strategists. Shit, even Trent went with a record company. If he can't self-release, who can? That was a big revelation for me when I stopped to think about it. I'm not quitting. Can't quit, really. But I'm definitely changing up my flow. Leaner, less investments that I expect or need to pay off, less agonizing over some of those little details; and maybe keep at it long enough for the game to change again.

So anyway, Boss Musicians, both of you, and I feel like if seen enough to know that you definitely shouldn't take lack of financial success or reach as a shortcoming of the music.

my $0.02

*the two of you EXACTLY, to be honest. 'What should I do next? . . . What did Frankie do, what did Jinsai do? . . . I should try something like that.'

theruiner
12-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Friend:
"1 month, 13 days till my Birthday which is 1/13/83 so on 1/13/13, I'll be 30 - trippy, no?"
"1/13/13/83/1/13/13/30 code, whoa"

No. Are you being serious, or are you actually talking about numerology or something? Should I be measuring my skull to explain my personality traits to you?Your friend turns 30 exactly two months to the day before I turn 30. Mind=blown, Fixer. Mind=blown.

onthewall2983
12-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Cable cutting out on my only night of appointment television :(

frankie teardrop
12-03-2012, 12:23 PM
*the two of you EXACTLY, to be honest. 'What should I do next? . . . What did Frankie do, what did Jinsai do? . . . I should try something like that.'

just make sure you steer yourself clear from the "give up music all together" path, which is where i'm at for the time being, barring any too-good-to-be true opportunities and or bedroom tinkerings. otherwise, i appreciate your words here, man. you and jinsai both, for that matter.

Beef of the Sea
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
I was driving someone from work home, and I missed a turn-off due to traffic backing up:

Them: "Did you miss that turn on purpose, because I changed the radio station?"
Me: "There are too many cars to merge safely, besides I don't do passive-aggressive: it's fucking pathetic."
Them: "Oh but it's funny though."

That last sentence made my blood boil, and confirmed my suspicion that this person is a complete bell-end.

Blackbookpress1984
12-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Cat just chewed through the nintendo cable. Fuck.

aggroculture
12-03-2012, 07:53 PM
The incompetence of university administrators. If you go out of your way to ask my preference for classes and I tell you Thursday, then why in the fuck do you assign me classes on Thursday and Friday, and the other Thursday slots to the other instructor?
Now he wants to keep his Thursday classes, and I'm stuck with teaching commitments for four days instead of three. I really needed that extra day.

fillow
12-04-2012, 02:44 AM
It's fucking December 4th, and the whole city is already decorated with New Year/Christmas shit. It's been like that for at least a week already and gonna stay until early February, as usual.
Why won't they celebrate my birthday for 70 days instead?

Fixer808
12-04-2012, 02:37 PM
"At least a week"?! Shit, that sounds late. Seems like it was Christmas all day ever day by mid-November here. It creeps earlier every year.

icklekitty
12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Yeah, we had it pretty much as soon as Halloween was over. Some department stores have had sections up since August, some never closed them.

Beef of the Sea
12-05-2012, 12:16 AM
My colleagues are travelling to Mongolia and Saudi Arabia for work, and I'm stuck in Queensland buried under a logistical nightmare. Boo.

Leviathant
12-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Holy shit, somehow my computer at home got set an hour behind. You have no idea how that fucks with you when you only use that computer late at night.

blackholesun
12-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Went to the stupid Christmas festival in town last night and it felt like all I saw were couples all snuggled up together. Made me feel sick and lonely. I hate this time of year.

aggroculture
12-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Websites that won't let you use the Back Button. Yeah, I just want to stay on this page forever.

Magtig
12-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Large organizations that not only want photography for free, they get angry when you don't give it to them.

playwithfire
12-10-2012, 01:07 PM
So, this doesn't piss me off at all. This was one of those experiences that gave me some faith in people and also was a little disappointing.

I work for Starbucks, as I sometimes say in here, and I had a woman come in and buy some cookies and stuff. Around that time, a much older woman who comes by occasionally had walked in. The woman let me know that she wanted to buy a cup of coffee for the older lady. I thought that was awesome and sweet and actually offered her a free drink because of it, but she didn't want it. Anyway, she headed out and left a pack of cookies for the woman as well. (I realized after all of this that the woman actually hadn't had enough money on her card for all of it, and I couldn't void something like the coffee without voiding the entire purchase so I payed the balance myself. It was like $1.60 or something, no big deal and I didn't have too much of a choice.)

Anyway, I brought the older woman the cookies (and again, she comes in often enough that I know her face or whatevs) and she started contemplating if this woman knew her from her church (highly doubt it) and was asking me "Doesn't this make you have FAITH?" and stuff like that. I really doubt she meant faith in humanity. Why does it have to be a god thing? Why can't we be happy for humans being good to each other?

But anyway, that happened.

Conan The Barbarian
12-10-2012, 01:18 PM
At least your customers are nice, mine are stuck up rich fucks and dumb ass rich stuck up high school kids.

Also what the fuck is up with Starbucks customers leaving their brains at the door? I have never dealt with such stupidity.

playwithfire
12-10-2012, 01:27 PM
My store has a very low level of jerks in terms of our customers. I know this and I'm glad of it. A lot of them also have waaaaay less of a sense of entitlement than I see in some stores (I've worked in quite a few other than my "home" store). I feel like Starbucks kind of trains their customers to think they can get anything they want. But, no, like I said, the experience didn't piss me off and had more to do with people having to make something about god when it had nothing to do with it than anything job-related.

Canuckle
12-10-2012, 02:08 PM
I feel like Starbucks kind of trains their customers to think they can get anything they want...

Well, to be fair, Starbucks trains you with the "Yes" mentality.

After working there for a year (long time ago), I realized that they would rather customers step on you and come back, then stick up for common sense. While it's tough at times, I think it teaches you a lot about tolerance.

Always really valued by time working there.

On topic: Been with a Client for almost 2 years now and they don't want to let me go because of the knowledge I have gained. I'm bored out of my skull and feel I am no longer gaining any personal growth.

playwithfire
12-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Oh, they've taken that even further lately. Customer service is a huge, huge part of them as a company. I understand it. It also gives people a lot of leeway to be shitty. My experience working for Starbucks kind of saw me get further misanthropic and then come out the other side. I think I'm beginning to give people more credit. I mean, shift supervisors get screwed over in a lot of ways, so I definitely don't look at my company through rose colored glasses. They are what they are. Lately my job has been pretty good.

And anyway, there are plenty of ways to classily maintain a feeling of control/not being a doormat in situations where the customer is being dumb. And "Just Say Yes" is a great Cure song.

Pillfred
12-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Customer service in general has brainwashed so many it seems. Just because your giving said business a bit of money does not buy you the right to act like a little bitch. I cook so i don't deal with these people directly but i have heard and seen many douche bags think the world owes them itself simply because they blessed you with their business. Best was one guy tring to get my boss to pay his overdraft fee on a check he wrote that bounced. My boss simply said he was sorry but there was nothing he could do about it. I'm sure i could handle it too a point but past experience tells me at one point i would tell them to get fucked if pushed to far or just for being that dumb. I am constantly amazed by the not so people person types who still manage to serve or work customer service jobs. I have no problem being nice to someone but once they hit my fuck you button all bets are off.

Maul
12-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Been studying laws for three years now.Totally hate it but my parents forced me to do it so I can get a job easily in the future.(Probably at McDonald's if you ask me). I assisted to a trial today and saw how almost everything I've been forcing my brain to eat to this day isn't used in the slightiest proportion when it should. Some guy just cuts another dude's throat and the time he should serve in jail gets divided in half so the tramitations gets shortened as well.The members of the jury turn a 10 minute break into a one hour and a half vacation.So sad and dissapointing.

millionmilesaway
12-10-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't know what to get my mom for Christmas, she is impossible to shop for, more so than any other impossible to please person. She cannot understand anything more technological than a tv remote, doesn't do hair,nails,makeup so a "spa day" would be wasted. hates to cook, and refuses to go to restaurants or drive anywhere that is more than half an hour away. The only thing she cares about is her cigarettes but she needs to quit so I'm not getting her anything related to that.
Last year I was her cleaning slave for a weekend but she yelled at me every time I threw something out because she is a borderline hoarder.
I somehow feel obligated to get each parent a gift of similar value, and she always looks so disappointed when I get my dad the perfect gift every year. It makes me realize how terrible of a relationship I have with my parents, especially with my mom. I want to make her happy but I cant ever tell if I do or get something that pleases her.

playwithfire
12-10-2012, 10:19 PM
I don't know what to get my mom for Christmas, she is impossible to shop for, more so than any other impossible to please person. She cannot understand anything more technological than a tv remote, doesn't do hair,nails,makeup so a "spa day" would be wasted. hates to cook, and refuses to go to restaurants or drive anywhere that is more than half an hour away. The only thing she cares about is her cigarettes but she needs to quit so I'm not getting her anything related to that.
Last year I was her cleaning slave for a weekend but she yelled at me every time I threw something out because she is a borderline hoarder.
I somehow feel obligated to get each parent a gift of similar value, and she always looks so disappointed when I get my dad the perfect gift every year. It makes me realize how terrible of a relationship I have with my parents, especially with my mom. I want to make her happy but I cant ever tell if I do or get something that pleases her.

Ask her what she would like/Amazon giftcard?

heroicraptor
12-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Nicotine patches/gum?

Dra508
12-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Stuck my foot in my shoe before the nail polish was dry. Dam, I annoy myself.

Pillfred
12-11-2012, 09:13 PM
No worries i just clean shit and finish whatever the lazy fuck didn't get done every time we work together cause i like it. Oh wait, no, no i don't at all. God i hate working with pre-madonna bitches who are seemingly untouchable. Fucking lame.

Fixer808
12-13-2012, 08:10 PM
The squalling, rancid chum-buckets that my neighbours keep trying to pass off as "children".

october_midnight
12-14-2012, 09:24 PM
My friend not coming out tonight and/or our weekend trip to Seattle...even though the hotel will be free.

'Nah man, just bought like two blu rays and three PS3 games...gotta get it all in before second week of January when class starts. Then I'll have no life.'

YOU'RE. DOING IT. WRONG.

Highly Psychological
12-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Going to a party full of what can only be described as 'Hipsters'. For some new band. Who were the definition of S-H-I-T. Lead singer looked like an anorexic James Taylor. He insisted on wearing a tank top so everyone could see his ribcage. His hair was down to his hips. He looked like he was on Krokodil. Every fucking hipster in Europe it seemed was there. totally devoid of any soul. A camera man was even there for some UBER trendy magazine taking photos of people.These effortless fucks who just happen to END UP here. When i was in my early 20s in say 1985-6 i was never cool like they are.....it really was uncool and Straaaange back then to be a beardy scruffy openly gay fan of Motorhead and Crass,would never ended up at some hip private party with Freddy Mercury and Boy George Samantha Fox etc. They all end up on some guest list. It's amazing to see how people change when a cameraman is walking towards them. Everyone was dying to have their photo taken. All trying not to look too keen but wanting a flash to go off all the same. All style over substance.
Back in my day it was about soul!
It was almost like a parody of one of those hipster baiting videos on youtube. Except it wasnt. It was real. No one it seemed was aware of the hilarity of the situation.
People doing Coke openly will eternally be gross. These are the people who apparently seem to have a sway over whats cool.
Everyone was dressed in this weird futuristic retro slightly metrosexual way.

I wish I had filmed the event so i could study it. Funny but urgh! Fuck East London.

aggroculture
12-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Drama queen friends. I have a friend who exactly a year ago wrote me a ton of texts bitching me out, telling me I was lazy and narcissistic, and that my failure in life is "richly deserved" and that I should never contact him again. This because I'd been avoiding him after he started calling me fat via text.
Six months later he gets back in touch and acts like nothing happened. So I give him another chance, see how it goes.
He's started up again with the drama. Because I didn't jump to see him straightaway since he's back in town, I am now "rude" and "inconsiderate" and blah blah blah.
I've really got to friend-dump this douche. I don't want him in my life. He wanted back in...but it's not working for me...again.
And yet here I am trying to calm him down, and appease him, and make plans to see him for dinner...fuck this.

darktemplar007
12-19-2012, 01:33 PM
I love when my stepmother (whom I have more or less not liked in the least bit my entire life) just flat out tells me in a completely nonchalant way that she doesn't like my girlfriend and doesn't want her over Saturday to have Christmas with her family. The main reason for not liking her appears to be because she doesn't help out around the house when she visits (despite the fact that she has on numerous occasions vacuumed the whole house, cleaned the kitchen, helped with various other dumb shit, and almost always asks if there's anything she can do). Now I'm fuming at my stepmother, which is nothing new, and really don't want to ever deal with her bullshit again. Its also bullshit that she doesn't want my gf coming over for the family Christmas party, seeing as how the members of her family that she has met seem to like her a lot. What's the worst that can happen? My gf forgets to put a glass in the dishwasher so everyone just loses their shit and thinks its the worst party ever?

Fucking bitch cunt.

sentient02970
12-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Sounds like a complete cop out, she may just not like her which is crap as you are family and she should be considered on par with that over a holiday event. It's called being "cordial" at the very least. I'm so sorry. At least she knows you want her to be there.

Fixer808
12-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Hangovers! I know, self inflicted... ;)

jessamineny
12-19-2012, 03:05 PM
I love when my stepmother (whom I have more or less not liked in the least bit my entire life) just flat out tells me in a completely nonchalant way that she doesn't like my girlfriend and doesn't want her over Saturday to have Christmas with her family. The main reason for not liking her appears to be because she doesn't help out around the house when she visits (despite the fact that she has on numerous occasions vacuumed the whole house, cleaned the kitchen, helped with various other dumb shit, and almost always asks if there's anything she can do). Now I'm fuming at my stepmother, which is nothing new, and really don't want to ever deal with her bullshit again. Its also bullshit that she doesn't want my gf coming over for the family Christmas party, seeing as how the members of her family that she has met seem to like her a lot. What's the worst that can happen? My gf forgets to put a glass in the dishwasher so everyone just loses their shit and thinks its the worst party ever?

Fucking bitch cunt.

Maybe write her a letter -- keep it sort of positive... the importance of family and the holidays to you, the value of your girlfriend in your life. Tell her the conversation troubled you and that the two of you should talk again, but you wanted to send a note first to keep it nonconfrontational. Sleep on it for a day, and review the letter and make sure it's heartfelt and not hateful in turn.

Or just set some boundaries and don't go. Spend the day with someone who supports and loves you.

Jinsai
12-19-2012, 03:30 PM
I really can't take the cheery christmas music this year. I know, everyone complains about it, but I'm usually indifferent. But lately, I'm having to deal with some really heavy stuff, and it's occasionally turning me into a nervous wreck, so I would really love it if it were possible for me to stop into a grocery store, pharmacy, hamburger joint, or practically any public space without hearing some inane cheerful bullshit music about how this is "the most wonderful time of the year."

Fixer808
12-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Expecially since that's a lie. Halloween is the most wonderful time of the year.

halloween
12-19-2012, 08:23 PM
I really wish my friends would be the one to initiate contact by sending me an email instead of me always being the one sending emails or messages, saying I wonder what they're up too and thinking of them. I know people lead busy lives and being out of sight from their immediate lives changes things, but all this technology, especially facebook, seems to have made it easier not to put the effort into writing an email saying Hi. I say this as someone who writes physical letters to friends occasionally and routinely to my long distance lovers.

I really hate feeling forgotten sometimes...

Maybe not having a smart phone is my problem. I guess I forget people text each other all the time now and that's just not convenient for me.

Jinsai
12-20-2012, 02:51 AM
I can't believe this ad is real

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPV8c9rVQpg (http://www.drdrum.com/)

darktemplar007
12-20-2012, 10:45 AM
I can't believe this ad is real

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPV8c9rVQpg (http://www.drdrum.com/)

Her completely disinterested voice sounds hilarious with all the things she's saying. It sounds like she just doesn't care one bit about what she's saying.
"Who wants to deal with all that stuff when you can be churning out beats that will impress your gang?"
Don't forget about the kickass drum machine.
"You need to adhere to the industry standard 44.1 sound file if you want to maintain your rep."

Fixer808
12-20-2012, 01:35 PM
I didn't finish it, she said "knocking out beats" one too many times and I closed the window in disgust. But what a bargain! Marked down from $330 to $29.95! Must be some top-notch software right there...

Maul
12-20-2012, 03:06 PM
My friend's girlfriend is a bitch.I hate her selfish and spoiled guts.

slave2thewage
12-20-2012, 08:42 PM
This was the most disappointing apocalypse ever.

Fixer808
12-20-2012, 10:29 PM
I dunno, a lot of people were hoping for a good Y2K armageddon...
Lessons learned: Don't trust computer programmers or Mayans.

sentient02970
12-21-2012, 07:34 AM
The longest running punk'd in human history. oh those crazy Mayans.

Blackbookpress1984
12-21-2012, 08:09 AM
neighbors this mornig were wearing dress shoes and running around the apartment yelling at each other. ITS FUCKING 630 AM ASSHLOES. go back to sleep. I think I am going to write a note and tape it to their door. note contents:

Thanks for waking us up at 6:30 am by yelling at each other.
-Your neighbors.

miss k bee
12-21-2012, 07:25 PM
My friend not coming out tonight and/or our weekend trip to Seattle...even though the hotel will be free.

'Nah man, just bought like two blu rays and three PS3 games...gotta get it all in before second week of January when class starts. Then I'll have no life.'

YOU'RE. DOING IT. WRONG.

I hear you!. I got free comedy gameshow audience tickets for this evening and invited friends who then pulled out at the last minute because 'they didn't want to be on TV and it's too much of a trek'!!! Never mind when I trek all the time to the other side of London to see them!. Also just come off nightshift!. Someone is not getting a present this year :( :mad:

redshoewearer
12-21-2012, 08:02 PM
I really can't take the cheery christmas music this year. I know, everyone complains about it, but I'm usually indifferent. But lately, I'm having to deal with some really heavy stuff, and it's occasionally turning me into a nervous wreck, so I would really love it if it were possible for me to stop into a grocery store, pharmacy, hamburger joint, or practically any public space without hearing some inane cheerful bullshit music about how this is "the most wonderful time of the year."

I try to stay out of stores and public establishments as much as possible this time of year, other than the university(which doesn't push christmas), so I'm somewhat shielded from it because I don't enjoy it either.

One of my aerobic instructors hurt her back and emails me that she can't teach her regular Saturday class. She knew yesterday but didn't tell me till today, and when I asked her if she'd messaged the other instructors about covering for her (I couldn't teach hers because I already teach Saturdays at my other location), she writes back and I quote: 'no i didn't. sorry.' They are supposed to try to find coverage before contacting me, and she put in no effort. But at times like this I just get reminded of why I am back in school, so I can get away from headaches like this.

Millionmilesaway - I'd suggest a gift card also, as playwithfire suggested.

jessamineny
12-22-2012, 03:56 AM
Phantom doorbell. Wide awake since 3.

miss k bee
12-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Went Christmas food shopping feeling rundown and mildly ill, madness in Tesco! Hate shopping when there's a ton of people in the supermarket.

october_midnight
12-23-2012, 07:03 PM
I hear you!. I got free comedy gameshow audience tickets for this evening and invited friends who then pulled out at the last minute because 'they didn't want to be on TV and it's too much of a trek'!!! Never mind when I trek all the time to the other side of London to see them!. Also just come off nightshift!. Someone is not getting a present this year :( :mad:

Ugh I feel ya. Vancouver has to be straight up the city with the flakiest people. Getting people together for anything is like pulling teeth. I'm the same as you. If I don't already have plans or work, I'm there. Invite me and you'd have to break my legs to prevent me from making it out.

Yeah, give me the option of either sitting on my ass or going out to do something...anything. Not a choice at all. You'll always have your Xbox or tv there, do shit while you can is my opinion.

ManBurning
12-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Ugh I feel ya. Vancouver has to be straight up the city with the flakiest people. Getting people together for anything is like pulling teeth. I'm the same as you. If I don't already have plans or work, I'm there. Invite me and you'd have to break my legs to prevent me from making it out.

Yeah, give me the option of either sitting on my ass or going out to do something...anything. Not a choice at all. You'll always have your Xbox or tv there, do shit while you can is my opinion.

I agree with you, EVERYONE who was born and rasied here, in Vancouver, is a pure flake. Is it something in the water? All my friends usually bunk out of plans as well. It's so hard to get people to go to a concert unless you offer to buy their ticket FOR THEM, even then so people still pull out.

I think it has something to do with being born and raised somewhere else. You were born in Calgary, I was born in Winnipeg. Maybe it's a prairie thing? But back home me and my friends stuck together through thick and thin. Everyday would be a buddy hangout day, there was always someone free and willing to just get out and hang out.

We have this friend here, we will invite him to something months in advance, we'll be like "hey, we have this backyard BBQ event on June 27th, all the friends are gonna be here, huge party, you down for coming" and he says "I donno if I have plans that day or not, you better ask me closer to that date, like the week before, it's still too early to tell" it's like, DUDE.... YOU HAVE PLANS THAT DAY, It's with us!! Mark it on your fucking calendar!

I don't get people like that, we're giving you enough notice for an event, not sure why someone can't just make the effort to say there will be here.

Dra508
12-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Going on the third week of this back issue. It's definitely a herniated disk and it is getting better, but slowly. Too slowly. It's actually bugging me not to be able to work out. I went to yoga yesterday and it was a bit of a disaster. Didn't help that I was next to someone who could do a side crow. That's just gumby balance shit I'll never be able to do.

miss k bee
12-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Damn. Been flaked on again today! Been in a bad mood since breaking from work on Friday. Weird back ache is not helping

The choir that I sing with (Kitsch In Sync) neglected to tell me they were singing live on TV on Gordon Ramsay's Christmas Cookalong on Channel 4 on Christmas Day even though I said I could do it. Thanks guys it doesn't feel like I have been snubbed at all!. Guess I be looking to join another choir next year!.

Fixer808
12-30-2012, 02:33 AM
Aaaah, love having to try and interpret what the fuck my landlord is trying to say when he suddenly lurches into the alley, drunk as shit, while I'm smoking next to the garage...
"You don't even know who I am."
"You're my landlord, you're a good dude, man."
"... You don't even know." *sways violently*
(me thinking) "Oh for fuck's sake... Let's go see the Craigslist housing rental section..."

Frozen Beach
12-31-2012, 07:39 PM
I haven't left my house in like 3 months, and since it's New Years, I'd like to go out, but all my friends are doing their own things. I would give a limb just to have one day to go out and have some fun.

REPLICA
12-31-2012, 09:01 PM
I haven't left my house in like 3 months, and since it's New Years, I'd like to go out, but all my friends are doing their own things. I would give a limb just to have one day to go out and have some fun.

I hear that... All my friends are either out of town or have children, so it's a night in watching tv.

Jinsai
12-31-2012, 10:46 PM
You could always go out in a taxi and get wasted with random strangers. That's probably terrible advice though.