PDA

View Full Version : halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

botley
08-28-2013, 07:53 PM
I still can't tell which part of this song he sampled, damn it.

I don't want to listen to it all day. :(
It's not a sample, just credit for the lyrics: "all the things that might have been" & "watch young lovers [walking by...] God forgive me if I cry."

Butterscotch
08-28-2013, 07:56 PM
It's not a sample, just the lyrics: "Watch young lovers [passing by...] all the things that might have been, God forgive me if I cry."

Of course, I was so focused on the music, I overlooked the lyrics.

Thank you. :)

Dethbryte
08-28-2013, 08:48 PM
I'm sure somebody else mentioned it, but I just saw my Preorder with Amazon dropped to 15.99. Yay, extra money to blow on other things.

Kyle
08-28-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm sure somebody else mentioned it, but I just saw my Preorder with Amazon dropped to 15.99. Yay, extra money to blow on other things.

Which version?

goingincirclez
08-28-2013, 08:52 PM
It sounds like there's some sax in the mix at the end of find my way. Does anyone else hear this? It's towards the very end of the song.

Right after the churchbells in the outro, yeah, it's there. One of the first things I noticed in the non-BBC rip. And a really interesting juxtaposition: church bells usually evoking the righteous path, while a sax denotes sexay gutta timez. Or something like that. Both are so subtle as to be missed. But they fit the song: which way to go? Find it, indeed.

Dethbryte
08-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Which version?
Oops, should've mentioned that. The Deluxe version.

snaapz
08-28-2013, 08:58 PM
I've given this a lot of listens so far. 'I would for you' is getting a lot of repeat play, that chorus and outro is amazing. I wish I knew what or who he was singing about. I love that one guitar echo out thingy @ 1:42... This whole album is something else.

Kyle
08-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Oops, should've mentioned that. The Deluxe version.

Yup. Looks like mine was too. Guess I'm glad I didn't cancel the order and go through NIN.com like I was going to. It'll be cheaper to keep that and just buy the digital version through the band site even after changing my address to get lower shipping.

Indefinite_Cure
08-28-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry to break it out to you all, but I believe Trent "played" saxophone on TDS: The sounds we hear at the beginning of Eraser are basically him blowing in a saxophone without making it resonate, or at least a saxophone's reed

Kyle
08-28-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm sorry to break it out to you all, but I believe Trent "played" saxophone on TDS: The sounds we hear at the beginning of Eraser are basically him blowing in a saxophone without making it resonate, or at least a saxophone's reed

Thats pretty much what it sounds like to me too but I'm not sure if that counts as "playing saxophone" even with air quotes.

steelnails95
08-28-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm sorry to break it out to you all, but I believe Trent "played" saxophone on TDS: The sounds we hear at the beginning of Eraser are basically him blowing in a saxophone without making it resonate, or at least a saxophone's reedI always thought it was a McDonalds straw...

Amaro
08-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Old man Belew did backing vocals on Everything. That's what I'm talking about!

Butterscotch
08-28-2013, 10:00 PM
I always thought it was a McDonalds straw...

I wonder what Trent would order at McDonalds?

Frozen Beach
08-28-2013, 10:08 PM
i wonder what trent would order at mcdonalds?
"hey
give me a big mac, okay"

Ryan
08-28-2013, 10:21 PM
From the facebook page:

"Hesitation Marks was mastered in two different ways - the standard, “loud” mastering (which is what you’ll find on the CD, on iTunes, and everywhere else), and also an alternate “audiophile” mastering, which we’re offering as a free download option for anyone who purchases the album throughhttp://store.nin.com (http://store.nin.com/) . For the majority of people, the standard version will be preferable and differences will be difficult to detect. Audiophiles with high-end equipment and an understanding of the mastering process might prefer the alternate version.For a detailed explanation with quotes from Alan Moulder and Tom Baker, read our blog post athttp://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post/59587808317/hesitation-marks-was-mastered-in-two-different
NOTE: The standard mastered version is in no way inferior to the Audiophile Version - we wouldn’t release something inferior as the default. And vinyl purists rest assured, the vinyl edition was mastered to sound the very best for that format. The Audiophile Version is merely an alternate take on the mastering, which some people will appreciate. It’s meant to give a slightly different experience, not denigrate the standard version. Listen to each and come to your own conclusions."

Welp, that just made me cave in and pre-order all three versions from nin.com.

FernandoDante
08-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Old man Belew did backing vocals on Everything. That's what I'm talking about!
Say what????

Amaro
08-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Say what????

http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/826/si3u.jpg

Irmão!

Kyle
08-28-2013, 10:31 PM
I wonder what Trent would order at McDonalds?
Everything.

Let's see him survive THAT!

botley
08-28-2013, 11:12 PM
TR blows into the reed and mouthpiece of his Tenor sax at the top of "Eraser", at least he did on stage in the 2009 live arrangements. There's a similar blowing sound layered in over the saxes on "While I'm Still Here", too, for added texture... I think that's the Baritone mouthpiece, though.

fragmentjunkie
08-28-2013, 11:13 PM
http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/826/si3u.jpg

Irmão!

- Wurlitzer
- WHEELHARP
- No live drums in 'Everything'
- That's the Buchla on 'Eater of Dreams'
- TR 'solo' on 'Satelite' and 'Running'
- ...and where the HELL is Cori Bardo these days?

Bachy
08-28-2013, 11:13 PM
After mulling it over a few days, I have to agree that this is the best thing Trent has released since The Fragile.

I absolutely love Year Zero, but Hesitation Marks just barely tops it. It's just so damn layered and personal. I can connect with so many of these songs, especially VMOE. God, I can't say how much I love that song.

botley
08-28-2013, 11:15 PM
where the HELL is Cori Bardo these days?
http://twitter.com/coribardo (https://twitter.com/coribardo)

fragmentjunkie
08-28-2013, 11:20 PM
In all seriousness, she's actually quite talented. Those are some amazing contemporary styles.

NINisamazing
08-28-2013, 11:38 PM
a fucking wheelharp?

gorast
08-28-2013, 11:39 PM
TR blows into the reed and mouthpiece of his Tenor sax at the top of "Eraser", at least he did on stage in the 2009 live arrangements. There's a similar blowing sound layered in over the saxes on "While I'm Still Here", too, for added texture... I think that's the Baritone mouthpiece, though.

Bari saxes can be pretty airy if you're not pumping enough air through them, so that might be it.

Amaro
08-28-2013, 11:43 PM
- Wurlitzer
- WHEELHARP
- No live drums in 'Everything'
- That's the Buchla on 'Eater of Dreams'
- TR 'solo' on 'Satelite' and 'Running'
- ...and where the HELL is Cori Bardo these days?

What surprised me was those weren't live (or real?) drums in the "climax" of Various Methods of Escape.

fragmentjunkie
08-28-2013, 11:51 PM
What surprised me was those weren't live (or real?) drums in the "climax" of Various Methods of Escape.

To clarify - I'm ASSUMING that's the Buchla on 'Eater of Dreams.'

thefragile_jake
08-29-2013, 12:00 AM
After mulling it over a few days, I have to agree that this is the best thing Trent has released since The Fragile.

I absolutely love Year Zero, but Hesitation Marks just barely tops it. It's just so damn layered and personal. I can connect with so many of these songs, especially VMOE. God, I can't say how much I love that song.

I think that's why this record has connected with me in a way much more so than anything previously released, it's very relatable at times. I'm currently listening to VMOE and I get goosebumps every time I hear the bridge.

Year Zero is still my least favorite record and I think that's because I didn't care for the overall theme, concept and soundscape within it.

Hesitation Marks is just an incredible and layered listen that I find myself listening to every chance I get. It just FEELS like a Nine Inch Nails record. The themes, the context, the images the songs put it my head. I really don't think there is a song I dislike on this record.

InvitingmeAway
08-29-2013, 12:26 AM
Various Methods Of Escape...really resonates with me. I can't believe how powerful that chorus is, not in loudness or how aggressive it is...just how uplifting it is, and not in poppy way, but a genuine/real way.

Shadaloo
08-29-2013, 12:32 AM
After five listens over the past two days, paying particular attention to the lyrics as best as I am able, and in consideration of the point of view expressed that Eater of Dreams is comparable to the sound or sensation of waking up in a hospital, surrounded by hospital machines making hospital machiney noises:

I'm growing more comfortable with the notion that HM could in fact be taken as a quite literal continuation of the TDS narrative at face value. The major focus is the dichotomy and struggle for balance between the two sides or voices of the protagonist as established on ''The Becoming'': the vulnerable human voice and the cold, mechanical voice. After surviving the events of TDS, ''Copy Of A'' lays the framework for the events to follow in the same way ''Mr. Self Destruct'' did. From there, in ""Came Back Haunted'', there is reflection on the protagonist's current state and the changes that have occurred in him as a result of going through everything he has.

''Find My Way'' begins a shaky healing process, coming to terms with the fact that God was never responsible for the ruin the protagonist projected in TDS. Although his faith is reestablished, he is overconfident in his strength and slips back into self-destructive habits in ''All Time Low'' but finds the experiences unfulfilling, the mechanical voice mocks him in ''Disappointed''. He denies it in ''Everything'' and tries desperately to reaffirm himself, but in ''Satellite'' the two sides come to odds while attempting to affirm a shaky coexistence and gain mutual or self-understanding, in order to avoid falling apart entirely. The mechanical voice continues its mockery while the human voice lives in fear of it.

''Various Methods of Escape'' reveals in depth the self's exhaustion and simple desire for freedom (as well as being a moving look at how Trent may view TDS in a nutshell, I think), and for the first time reveals acceptance of the notion that the separation of two voices or aspects is simply yet another method of escape in and of itself. A more aware perspective is gained; the split has become accepted as a problem and needs to be addressed. The answer comes in ''Running'' by the introduction of an outside presence, a potential companion or lover (Hi Mariqueen) which the protagonist approaches, very aware of the broken state of his own consciousness, and that the only way to be whole is to integrate himself completely into one persona, accepting all of his flaws, positives, negatives, etc., but needs the means and drive to do so. The companion 'lets herself in', and an actual bond is formed whereby the protagonist lays his state of mind bare, exposes his fractured psyche and finds his reason to become whole once more - ''I Would For You''.

The stage is set for ''In Two''; the terrifying, painful process of re-merging and personal acceptance. The merge is successful but fragile or fleeting, perhaps temporary. The scars remain. Whatever the case, the protagonist is, for now, capable of emotion and empathy once again, reflecting on perhaps the things missed out on, and asks to be held close ''While I'm Still Here''. He takes what comfort he can until....until...(''Black Noise'')

Or, you know, I read that TDS dissertation on NINWiki way too much and am a raving lunatic. But yeah, that's my interpretation so far.

nooneimportant
08-29-2013, 01:05 AM

During the Dissonance 1995 Tour when they performed a cover of "Subtarreneans" as David Bowie walked out, Trent played the Sax on that. It's kind of a bizarre to see 90's Trent playing one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnr_RAexqxg

FernandoDante
08-29-2013, 01:45 AM

I'm in disbelief over here. No drums on Various Methods of Escape, but there are drums on I Would For You? WHERE?!?!??!

I mean, fuck. If QOTSA can say that Trent Reznor didn't sing on Fairweather Friends, NIN can fuck up their liner notes too, right?

Dr.Z
08-29-2013, 05:06 AM
Does anybody know how the deluxe CD looks like? Are there any photos? I'm not that keen on the remixes and can't decide if that edition is worth the price or if I should just get the standard CD.

dlb
08-29-2013, 05:08 AM
Me is a happy man and can die like this now. It - the DE - finally is here and today is a good day:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/130829/6an2w79y.jpg
http://s1.directupload.net/images/130829/ewzvgsal.jpg

Khrz
08-29-2013, 05:11 AM
Does anybody know how the deluxe CD looks like? Are there any photos? I'm not that keen on the remixes and can't decide if that edition is worth the price or if I should just get the standard CD.

http://moole.ru/uploads/posts/2013-08/thumbs/1377526479_000-nine_inch_nails-hesitation_marks-deluxe-2cd.jpg

"The Deluxe Edition CD will include a 28 page hardcover book"

So yeah, photos of Russel Mills' art. 28 pages of it......

Damnit look at that, I have to take a cold shower... Again.

dlb
08-29-2013, 05:13 AM
Dr.Z: The DE is worth every penny! You may not like the book-like presentation and I have to agree that the pages are rather tightly bound, but the artwork is great and unseen as of now, hence why I didn't post the whole booklet yet.

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 05:17 AM
Me is a happy man and can die like this now. It - the DE - finally is here and today is a good day:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/130829/6an2w79y.jpg
http://s1.directupload.net/images/130829/ewzvgsal.jpg
:o! more photos please!

dzaver
08-29-2013, 05:54 AM
did the intunes version already leak? I need the interview! :)

Ryan
08-29-2013, 05:54 AM
I'm horny:

Thank you for your NIN order.

Your order is currently being processed. You will receive a shipped confirmation when your order has been shipped.
For digital orders, the album download will be available on release day in your account HERE.

YOUR ORDER NUMBER: *****

ITEMS ORDERED

1 x hesitation marks vinyl + digital download (VINYL)
$28.00

1 x hesitation marks CD + digital download (HMCD)
$12.00

1 x hesitation marks deluxe CD + digital download (HMCDDEL)
$20.00

Dr.Z
08-29-2013, 05:56 AM
@Dr.Z (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=851) : The DE is worth every penny! You may not like the book-like presentation and I have to agree that the pages are rather tightly bound, but the artwork is great and unseen as of now, hence why I didn't post the whole booklet yet.
I actually loved the book-like presentation in the DE of the new Moderat album! But if the artwork is worth it, I think I will go for it. Anyways, thank you (and Khrz) for the pictures!

Digital Twilight
08-29-2013, 06:02 AM
Are the lyrics printed in the deluxe edition?

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 06:06 AM
did the intunes version already leak? I need the interview! :)
itunes versions dont leak, but it'll be up in new zealand in under an hour.. i'll try to buy it tomorrow morning.

dlb
08-29-2013, 06:07 AM
Jup! Except for 4 songs every song has a unique two-page artwork with lyrics and credits. And then there's the artwork for the 2 CD slipcases that I posted.

The back of the book is a sparse continuation of the front artwork and sadly has a pretty awkwardly placed sticker on it that explains the content of the bonus cd.

Ryan
08-29-2013, 06:09 AM
Jup! Except for 4 songs every song has a unique two-page artwork with lyrics and credits. And then there's the artwork for the 2 CD slipcases that I posted.

The back of the book is a sparse continuation of the front artwork and sadly has a pretty awkwardly placed sticker on it that explains the content of the bonus cd.

Which 4 are omitted?

And butter_hole, you better PM me the interview or you will have to prepare your diddly hole.

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 06:10 AM
Yeah yeah I'll spread it around.

IF you can purchase it separately. I'm not buying the whole thing.

Ryan
08-29-2013, 06:12 AM
Yeah yeah I'll spread it around.

Like loving herpes.

dlb
08-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Which 4 are omitted?

And butter_hole, you better PM me the interview or you will have to prepare your diddly hole.

Not omitted. find my way & all time low share a page as do dissapointed & everything.

Ryan
08-29-2013, 06:15 AM
All Time Low makes me want to hump Trent's leg.

dzaver
08-29-2013, 06:26 AM
I checked on iTunes - the interview is not available separately. it's album only. on New Zealand iTunes is now available to buy

Ryan
08-29-2013, 06:34 AM
Hurry up kiwis!

timdotexe
08-29-2013, 06:44 AM
Not sure what it is but after a marathon Hesitation Marks Session: "Various Methods of Escape" and "I Would For You" have got me digging out my old Stabbing Westward albums....

draven
08-29-2013, 06:54 AM
i'm not sure i can ever listen to another record by another band, ever.

draven
08-29-2013, 07:11 AM
by the way, it's "trent reznor in conversation with... himself"

jessamineny
08-29-2013, 07:12 AM
For reals?

Jasonh83
08-29-2013, 07:12 AM
Am i the only person who is really not wanting to hear the record until i have it in my hands? or is that weird?

draven
08-29-2013, 07:13 AM
yup, for reals. its 41:59 of him talking into a handheld recorder talking about the album.

dlb
08-29-2013, 07:18 AM
yup, for reals. its 41:59 of him talking into a handheld recorder talking about the album.

well, since he likes to ramble away and not directly answer questions posed by unprepared journalists you could pretend to ask him something whenever he catches his breath. conversation = done!

Ruttiger
08-29-2013, 07:19 AM

damn! I'm sure that will surface soon

jessamineny
08-29-2013, 07:19 AM
:::chuckles::: Oh, dear.

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 07:25 AM
I checked on iTunes - the interview is not available separately. it's album only. on New Zealand iTunes is now available to buy
Yeah, just came here to say this. Bit of a shame but beggars cant be choosers.

And yes! It's just him talking to himself! I might have to buy this after all...

draven
08-29-2013, 07:25 AM
there's also a demo of an unreleased track that he plays during the monologue too.

addition: also two improv tracks that came from, a terminology that trent evidently hates, a jam session.

addition: includes demo of "all time low"

EndlessLoveless
08-29-2013, 07:30 AM
Not sure what it is but after a marathon Hesitation Marks Session: "Various Methods of Escape" and "I Would For You" have got me digging out my old Stabbing Westward albums....

Eeek! Why??? Those songs make me want to listen to the whole album again and even go back and listen to every other NIN album. Or pretty much anything and everything EXCEPT for Stabbing Westward. Sorry dude.

dlb
08-29-2013, 07:30 AM
sattelite needs to be played live! awesome track that reminds me of the last album by Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft. They actually have a track called Satelit aswell... :D

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 07:38 AM
there's also a demo of an unreleased track that he plays during the monologue too.

addition: also two improv tracks that came from, a terminology that trent evidently hates, a jam session.
Woah, you have a copy? Any chance you could share it?

this will help you remove your personal info from downloaded files http://deadbeatsw.com/thetagger/

Ryan
08-29-2013, 07:39 AM

Woah, you have a copy? Any chance you could share it?

Ditto to the max.

edit: I'm happy now. :)

dlb
08-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Ryan, you know who to sent a PM to when you're happy! ;)

piggy
08-29-2013, 07:43 AM
"Diane, I've just made a new record. It's called Hesitation Marks and frankly, it's fucking great."

Crazyman
08-29-2013, 07:47 AM
Oh wow. I can't wait to hear Trent talking with (to?)...himself. :D

Ryan
08-29-2013, 07:50 AM
Uploading now to mp3. PM me, etc.

2bumcakes
08-29-2013, 07:51 AM
Just re-registered to say, well, I don't know whether it's just me or whether anyone's just me but "I would for You" reminds me 100% of The Teaches of Peaches era Peaches in the best way. Well, it's my favourite track, anyway.

Amaro
08-29-2013, 07:54 AM
Am i the only person who is really not wanting to hear the record until i have it in my hands? or is that weird?

Yeah, git the F--K out of here.

*shakes head*

Nutjobs, I tell ya.

eversonpoe
08-29-2013, 07:56 AM
Just re-registered to say, well, I don't know whether it's just me or whether anyone's just me but "I would for You" reminds me 100% of The Teaches of Peaches era Peaches in the best way. Well, it's my favourite track, anyway.

:: tries to imagine trent grinding on a keytar and singing "suckin' on my titties"...can't, but bursts out in a fit of giggles anyway ::

jessamineny
08-29-2013, 08:00 AM
Why didn't anyone suggest THAT SONG when he was asking for cover suggestions before the NINJA tour? Ppffffttttt

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Uploading now to mp3. PM me, etc.
(i've already sent you two other PM's, but can I please have one)

Ryan
08-29-2013, 08:17 AM
(i've already sent you two other PM's, but can I please have one)

Sent to you just now.

dlb
08-29-2013, 08:18 AM
"...doing a bunch of press" and that's exactly when an email hits his account. We get it Trent, you important man! :D

Ryan
08-29-2013, 08:22 AM
Lots of awesome demo tracks on here.

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 08:22 AM
Sent to you just now.
youre a star!

staleincense
08-29-2013, 08:23 AM
So, I finally caved.

Am streaming Eater of Dreams from the Guardian as we speak.

staleincense
08-29-2013, 08:42 AM
Loving All Time Low, there really isn'y anything else that sounds quite like it.

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Big thanks to whoever shared the self-interview!

ninwiki is going to have an issue coming up with a name for these demo tracks. The fucken surprises KEEP COMING!!

Ryan
08-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Big thanks to whoever shared the self-interview!

ninwiki is going to have an issue coming up with a name for these demo tracks. The fucken surprises KEEP COMING!!

Haha, yep. I love the one that "sounds too much like Find My Way to be put on the record".

imail724
08-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Are the demos in the interview full length tracks? Or just snippets?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ryan
08-29-2013, 08:51 AM
Are the demos in the interview full length tracks? Or just snippets?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much full length sans vocals.

P.S. - I'm going to bed now. If you want it, dlb and butter_hole and others should be able to send you the link via PM.

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 08:51 AM
Full length, almost too long!

EndlessLoveless
08-29-2013, 08:58 AM
So all of the demos don't have vocals? Hearing anything you wish would've made the album?

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Demo of all time low!

(Okay sorry I'm going to bed too)

Leo_OAK
08-29-2013, 09:00 AM
All righty, ETS. I can PM people as well. Let's do the good deeds.

Ruttiger
08-29-2013, 09:00 AM
Full length, almost too long! I'm just starting the first one now... like a little nightmarish lullaby.

Ruttiger
08-29-2013, 09:02 AM
So all of the demos don't have vocals? Hearing anything you wish would've made the album? yeah at about 10 seconds into hearing the first one... :) - would love to know what the finished version would be.

Ruttiger
08-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Requesting a link via PM as well...please. pm with link sent!

thelordoflard
08-29-2013, 09:10 AM
btw, I'd like to start a "While I'm Still Here/Black Noise" club, where we listen to those tracks all the time

because, well, I could listen nothing else for a month. and the aforementioned SAX - I'm in love

I would like to join your club please! Can we shove Eater of Dreams in too. I also could listen on repeat for months...

Also, props to Ryan for Trent talking to himself!

dzaver
08-29-2013, 09:13 AM
im cutting the demos out of the interview

Reaps
08-29-2013, 09:15 AM
This interview and the unreleased remix of 'Everything' should fill out the second disc nicely.

Fred
08-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Have received several PM's now - thank you so much, guys!

draven
08-29-2013, 09:18 AM
yep, cheers ryan! :P

Demogorgon
08-29-2013, 09:21 AM
is there a way just to get the demos? the interview is nice and all but i'd like to hear the demos on their own in a separate context.

dzaver
08-29-2013, 09:24 AM
im uploading the demos now.

Alexandros
08-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Lemme just cut in the PM request flurry and simply state that the All Time Low remix is fucking brutal and I love it. (Oh and I would like one as well if it's no bother).

*Stretch across the skyyyaaaayayayayaahhh ooooooooooooooooh*

staleincense
08-29-2013, 09:27 AM
So, having finally listened to the stream, I'm not really sure what to think of it yet... wasn't too impressed by the ending though, it just felt like a bit of a cop-out tbh. I guess I just have got "into" the more minimalistic tracks yet...

Demogorgon
08-29-2013, 09:33 AM
thanks, dzaver.

broevol
08-29-2013, 09:43 AM
more minimalistic

http://t.qkme.me/35ke38.jpg

...or Trent for that matter....

dzaver
08-29-2013, 10:11 AM
i think i sent the demos to everyone asking for now :)

Ruttiger
08-29-2013, 10:16 AM
I just sent a bunch - please share

gorast
08-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Maybe we should try to just directly PM the people we know have the interview instead of doing the thing we did to the Copy of A thread.

(That said, I'll edit this post to let people know that I have it once I do.)

EDIT: I also timed this terribly because I just remembered that I'm going to be gone for five hours. Jesus, I suck.

nineismine
08-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Can a ninja get a PM?

EDIT: Got it. TY all.

Ninja Please!

Got it...

you know so I have it..

jessamineny
08-29-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm awake, if anybody needs TR talking to himself. :D PM me

dzaver
08-29-2013, 10:43 AM
PM me if you want the demos and the interview

OSLIN
08-29-2013, 10:54 AM
That interview was okay, good, "etc".

butters
08-29-2013, 10:56 AM
P.S. - I'm going to bed now.

...dick, nice timing ;)

Gracias dzaver. Everything about this album oozes quality - content, packaging... even Everything.

profane
08-29-2013, 10:58 AM
OK, thanks kind pm-ers!

dzaver
08-29-2013, 11:02 AM
I love what I hear in the demos :) I haven't listened to the album yet and now I'm pretty much excited :D even MORE

rampface
08-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks everyone!!

Dimitri.
08-29-2013, 11:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKCVSBrV1I

antimatter
08-29-2013, 11:13 AM
Danke dzaver!

Mr.Metheus
08-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks, wunderpanda!

Substance242
08-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Got it too, yay! :-D (I'm in Germany now)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsusq3nfv1sbdcr/hesitation.jpg

Now, I need to do some stuff first, then put my AKG K701 on and listen for the first time, it will be dark outside already. After that, I'll never be able to listen to it for the first time again. So, this is that kind of a special situation and I cherish it. :-)

pigpen
08-29-2013, 11:18 AM
It's pretty cool of Trent to be so transparent and open with everything.
How cool would it have been if he was this cool during the Fragile era!! FRAGILE DEMOS!!!!

DO IT!!!!!!!

Digital Twilight
08-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Does anyone have the demos seperately?

Dimitri.
08-29-2013, 11:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-BpIcD1-rk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By-PrCMlBlI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhQ9x4zPLrs

broevol
08-29-2013, 11:34 AM
parts in "Running" remind me of this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsCQLlWGq70

jesus
08-29-2013, 12:04 PM
I pre-ordered the deluxe anyone knows how the cd's are in the book? they are in plastic like the cd cases or in slip - ruining cd's stuff?

hanakuso
08-29-2013, 12:13 PM
I pre-ordered the deluxe anyone knows how the cd's are in the book? they are in plastic like the cd cases or in slip - ruining cd's stuff?

In slip...

jesus
08-29-2013, 12:14 PM
In slip...

http://triodepunch.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/mother-of-god.png?w=347

Frozen Beach
08-29-2013, 12:16 PM
I wonder if the demos that weren't finished will ever be finished, perhaps maybe as b sides?

brokenfragility
08-29-2013, 12:17 PM
The unrealeased demos are badass! Especially the first one.

rev79
08-29-2013, 12:37 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/n6xn2v.jpg

Kyle
08-29-2013, 12:55 PM
In slip...
But how did they slip into.....

ok I'll quit now. I have a link if anyone wants to pm me but my response might not be 100% prompt but I will reply.

OneTaste
08-29-2013, 01:04 PM
The demo for All Time Low sounds waaaay better that the final version. I just hate the guitar in the song for some reason, it sounds like a bland loop included in some digital audio workstation called Middle East (Rock Guitar) 023 or some shit.

Bachy
08-29-2013, 01:14 PM
So has anyone who ordered the album from the website received it yet? If so, did you get a shipping notification or did it just sort of show up like the t-shirt orders?

fabripav
08-29-2013, 01:26 PM
The demo for All Time Low sounds waaaay better that the final version. I just hate the guitar in the song for some reason, it sounds like a bland loop included in some digital audio workstation called Middle East (Rock Guitar) 023 or some shit.

I disagree so so so so so much. The album version has way more GROOVE

hani
08-29-2013, 01:31 PM
So has anyone who ordered the album from the website received it yet? If so, did you get a shipping notification or did it just sort of show up like the t-shirt orders?

no changes for me. still shows "ORDER RECEIVED" and that's it.

btw, I don't know if this came up earlier, but maybe you'll feel me - I Would For You is the most The Fragile track since... well, The Fragile. it has that very clear vibe, doesn't it? it's almost like Even Deeper and the title track mixed together. I'm so in love with it.

OneTaste
08-29-2013, 01:36 PM
I disagree so so so so so much. The album version has way more GROOVE
You're wrong and I disagree and....shit! Nah, it's all good if everyone else is in to it but I just find myself wanting to skip it along with Satellite.

dzaver
08-29-2013, 01:42 PM
I think i got everyone in my inbox that asked for the interview and separated demos :) if not pm me.

ltrandazzo
08-29-2013, 01:57 PM
I just split all of the PM requests from this thread. When someone says PM ME I HAVE WHAT YOU WANT, for the love of god, PM them. Please. Don't clutter the thread. Thanks.

niggo
08-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Finally listened to the whole album. I honestly don't know what to think of it.

There's only one thing I noticed, and please don't crucify me: As I listened to HTDA back in 2010 I thought "that sounds too much like NIN!" and now, listening to HM I'm thinking "that sounds too much like HTDA!"

It's fucking weird.

simonn
08-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Has anyone's UK Amazon order been despatched yet? Mine's going out tomorrow, phoned him to find out what the hell was going on, cutting it fine for Monday unless it goes first class!

minusthesnake
08-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Are the liner notes available anywhere online yet? Dying to find out which songs Buckingham played on and see the official lyrics.

InvitingmeAway
08-29-2013, 02:21 PM
I am currently listening to Trent Reznor in conversation with... and I really don't get why he did not use the first demo he played for us....I love the vibe so much. Just add a track and get it on there!!!

Digital Twilight
08-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Anyone seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NwgIhDzlN4&feature=player_embedded

Really interesting. Can't wait for part 2.

minusthesnake
08-29-2013, 02:36 PM
He said it occupied the same soundspace as "Find My Way" and he picked that one instead.

Kyle
08-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Are the liner notes available anywhere online yet? Dying to find out which songs Buckingham played on and see the official lyrics.
Lyrics aren't that I know of but the credits have been posted here already.

Kyle
08-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Hi!
Please PM (demos and interview)
Thanks!
I need to donate so I can facepalm.

InvitingmeAway
08-29-2013, 02:40 PM
He said it occupied the same soundspace as "Find My Way" and he picked that one instead.

Well yeah he said that, I know. But I just feel that it deserves to be finished...maybe he will!!

hani
08-29-2013, 02:42 PM
could somebody please pm me the album i have given up on waiting for my vinyl copy to arrive and have tried downloading it myself but its way too slow
you must be kidding me

the album is literally plastered over the torrents and other sites

fuckin

if someones points you the site with the finger (because that's how PMing works, no one will magically transfer the album straight to your lap - you'll still have to download it) it's not gonna make it any faster

do yourself a favor and google "hesitation marks torrent" and pick literally ANY site it comes up with

you're welcome

accelestar
08-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Could somebody just come over to my house and play me the album? I really don't want to get out of bed.

Bokononist
08-29-2013, 02:50 PM

There was a shot of the credit page posted earlier. Buckingham's on Copy of A, In Two and While I'm still here.

eversonpoe
08-29-2013, 02:51 PM
you must be kidding me

the album is literally plastered over the torrents and other sites

fuckin

if someones points you the site with the finger (because that's how PMing works, no one will magically transfer the album straight to your lap - you'll still have to download it) it's not gonna make it any faster

do yourself a favor and google "hesitation marks torrent" and pick literally ANY site it comes up with

you're welcome

i really like you <3

Kyle
08-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Could someone pm me the contents of Trent's hard drive? There's got to be some good unreleased stuff there.

hani
08-29-2013, 02:54 PM
i really like you <3

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/kitty_anime_luvr/Tumblr%20GIFs%20and%20Pics/you-tolerate-me.gif

Butterscotch
08-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Could someone pm me the contents of Trent's hard drive? There's got to be some good unreleased stuff there.

I want to live inside his hard drive.

minusthesnake
08-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Anyone got a link to the credits image? I'm trying to scroll through the thread, but I'm at work and it's gotten unruly by this point.

brokenfragility
08-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Anyone got a link to the credits image? I'm trying to scroll through the thread, but I'm at work and it's gotten unruly by this point.

I'm interested in seeing this as well.

Bokononist
08-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Nope. The submit box hates me. It's under Magrão's posts. Yesterday 11:30. How is that L word still unfiltered? You let me down new ETS.

fabripav
08-29-2013, 03:18 PM

I'm interested in seeing this as well.

You could, you know... look for "credits" in the thread

Anyway http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/826/si3u.jpg

minusthesnake
08-29-2013, 03:34 PM
I'm curious what the Hank Williams Sr. sample is. I just listened to both songs back-to-back and can't identify it. My guess is it's something he chopped up and rearranged or used for texture.

Kyle
08-29-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm curious what the Hank Williams Sr. sample is. I just listened to both songs back-to-back and can't identify it. My guess is it's something he chopped up and rearranged or used for texture.
It's a lyric not a sound.

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-29-2013, 03:58 PM
That first demo IS pretty incredible. I think it might be one of my favorite things from this entire album cycle. Looking forward to chopping it out so I can listen to it stand-alone from time to time. :P

Loving this little self-interview, though. It was exactly what I was hoping it would be, minus an interviewer to direct the flow of the conversation. Good on Trent for realizing how lame a 40-minute bonus interview could have turned out.

minusthesnake
08-29-2013, 04:00 PM
It's a lyric not a sound.

That would do it! Thanks.

timdotexe
08-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Eeek! Why??? Those songs make me want to listen to the whole album again and even go back and listen to every other NIN album. Or pretty much anything and everything EXCEPT for Stabbing Westward. Sorry dude.

That okay, i didn't actually listen to them haha... I think it's something in the vocals that triggered me. EG: Various Methods of Escape vocal from 1:06-1:11. It could even just be the way he sing the word "so" in that part.

I'm not saying it's a good thing, or a bad thing really. Just sharing my experience.

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Anyone seen this yet?

Hey so that's what those cameras were for!

sore_and_crucified
08-29-2013, 04:07 PM

...And now you can see why TR was so pissed at Reading and Leeds!

cahernandez
08-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Anyone seen this yet?

Are there spoilers for the Tension tour? I plan to see this without any idea of the show.

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 04:24 PM
no Tension spoilers.

Don't really get how at the end there are all these reaction shots for how the first show went, but they're still obviously back in LA before the first show? Unless I'm mistaken.

Substance242
08-29-2013, 04:26 PM
After first listen (yes, I avoided live shows and Everything else, except a few plays - not listens to - Came Back Haunted), satisfied, in a lot of places very very satisfied. I know there is lot of things left to notice / appreciate / discover, like strong breath in before singing next line... except there is nothing more sung, song ends. :-) Three stand-outs so far are Find My Way, VMOE and mainly While I'm Still Here (not looking at display with eyes closed, I did not even know it already contained Black Noise and album is over). But it's stil early, just barely touched the surface.

The overall story somehow reminds me of Lights The Dead See by Soulsavers, where Dave Gahan was singing about his all time low, but ending clean and grateful.

Digital Twilight
08-29-2013, 04:31 PM
The overall story somehow reminds me of Lights The Dead See by Soulsavers, where Dave Gahan was singing about his all time low, but ending clean and grateful.

Interesting take. That's a good album but I prefer the ones with Lanegan.

howdidislipinto
08-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Listening to the Conversation With... right now (thank you, YouTube uploader!) and I just got to the first demo, and my initial thoughts are... fuuuck, now I gotta buy the album on iTunes too? Didn't think I'd care, but I love it, it really does feel like he's talking to us and giving us a behind the scenes peek. Thought for SURE it would just be the same ol' answers to the same ol' questions. I'm glad to be proven wrong. My credit card isn't.

eversonpoe
08-29-2013, 05:21 PM
so i'm assuming it's been confirmed (by those in countries where the album is already released) that the "in conversation with..." is not available to purchase as a standalone track on iTunes?

Amaro
08-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Since when was it known there'd be demos released on one of the versions(?)? I'm confused and satisfied as shit. Still need to find the right moment to hear the Conversation track.

EDIT: SORRY. IDIOT TALKING ^... lol Figured it out.

captainbeyond
08-29-2013, 05:27 PM
no changes for me. still shows "ORDER RECEIVED" and that's it.

btw, I don't know if this came up earlier, but maybe you'll feel me - I Would For You is the most The Fragile track since... well, The Fragile. it has that very clear vibe, doesn't it? it's almost like Even Deeper and the title track mixed together. I'm so in love with it.

I hear this plus With Teeth....something about some of those tones and the hooks in this track makes me think of Every Day is Exactly the Same.

fabripav
08-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Since when was it known there'd be demos released on one of the versions(?)? I'm confused and satisfied as shit. Still need to find the right moment to hear the Conversation track.

There are no demos released anywhere. Trent just plays them in the Conversation.

Amaro
08-29-2013, 05:44 PM
There are no demos released anywhere. Trent just plays them in the Conversation.

Thank you, I'd JUST figured it out. Cool!

Sealion
08-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Satellite is really reminding me of HTDA. I-think-it's....the-broken-up....lines-in-the-song (if you get what I'm saying).

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 05:51 PM
so i'm assuming it's been confirmed (by those in countries where the album is already released) that the "in conversation with..." is not available to purchase as a standalone track on iTunes?
Full album only, which makes sense as it's an iTunes exclusive.

xfocalinx
08-29-2013, 05:56 PM
http://distilleryimage8.s3.amazonaws.com/c81afa1610fd11e3b4bf22000aa80174_7.jpg

looky at what I found! =)

SM Rollinger
08-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Still avoiding the leak, and its going well so far. Im tiding myself over with rehearsal audio.

5 DAYS LEFT TILL I CAN LISTEN TO THE ALBUM IN .WAV!!!! woooooohoooooO!!!!!

Amaro
08-29-2013, 05:58 PM

YOU BITCH!

\\

Demo 3 is the best yet of the demos for me... I'm most likely gonna use it on my version of the album someday (I just know it), because I don't have high hopes Trent would get around to finishing it or any of these. That'd be cool though.

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 06:00 PM
album is #2 and #8 on the iTunes store in Australia

Ryan
08-29-2013, 06:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKCVSBrV1I

No more PMs need to be sent. Awesome.

minusthesnake
08-29-2013, 06:12 PM

Pleeeeeease post pics of the lyrics pages.

xfocalinx
08-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Pleeeeeease post pics of the lyrics pages.

Unfortunatly, there are not any lyrics posted. still interested in the internal artwork?

also, good news guys, Vinyl includes a CD!!

Ryan
08-29-2013, 06:16 PM
I wish Trent gave names to those demo tracks he plays in In Conversation With.

Ryan
08-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Unfortunatly, there are not any lyrics posted. still interested in the internal artwork?

Fuck, With Teeth all over again.

Amaro
08-29-2013, 06:18 PM

So the standard edition has no lyrics, but the deluxe edition does, right?

xfocalinx
08-29-2013, 06:19 PM
So the standard edition has no lyrics, but the deluxe edition does, right?

This i do not know, I didn't pick up the Deluxe edition simply because I previously purchased it through NIN.com

minusthesnake
08-29-2013, 06:26 PM
This i do not know, I didn't pick up the Deluxe edition simply because I previously purchased it through NIN.com

Deluxe definitely has the lyrics, someone was talking about it earlier in the thread. They said most tracks get their own two page spread. They're also shown in the teaser video for the artwork that came out earlier this week. There's no liner notes with the vinyl? That's too bad.

minusthesnake
08-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Fuck, With Teeth all over again.

Yeah, I'd still love to see the art! I only bought the deluxe so I'm curious to see what standard and vinyl look like.

xfocalinx
08-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I'd still love to see the art! I only bought the deluxe so I'm curious to see what standard and vinyl look like.

okay, give me a bit, I need to take them w/ my phone, then i'll post them all at once.

tiempo
08-29-2013, 06:33 PM
I couldn't avoid the temptation and listened to the stream. At first listen I wasn't sure if I liked the album or not. That said I am in the middle of a stressful move so I was distracted when I sat down to listen. Sure enough, just like it was when I first heard TDS, or even John Coltrane, I kept playing it over and over to understand what it was that was throwing me off, only to find I was being seduced by the sound and fell very deeply in love with the music.

After a couple of listens, I moved to the headphones and when the quiet section of VMOE ended and the song kicked in with "I've got to let go" I found myself weeping at the sheer beauty of it all. All I can say is Genius with a Capital G. AMAZING work Trent, Atticus and Alan!

The Grammy's are a bit of a Industry circle jerk, but occasionally something of real merit rises to the top - Wish is proof of that. I without a doubt believe that Trent and Atticus will each get at least 1 Grammy for HM...

Bluebird
08-29-2013, 06:38 PM
btw, I don't know if this came up earlier, but maybe you'll feel me - I Would For You is the most The Fragile track since... well, The Fragile. it has that very clear vibe, doesn't it?

I'm feelin a Fragile vibe for quite a few tracks actually...Find My Way feels very Fragile plus some Social Network strangely enough with the little piano part for some reason. Also feelin the Fragile with the chorus and especially the live drum outro on Various Methods of Escape. And a little for I would For You I suppose too.

I'm feeling a lot of vibes from all over the NIN/TR+Atticus/HTDA universe actually. Lots of vibes, man. So many vibes. they feel so gooooood

Thudpaw
08-29-2013, 06:42 PM
So Trent says "blah blah, trying to stay politically correct blah" or something to that effect when talking about having brought someone else in to work on the album at a point but ended up going back to just Alan and Atticus. Any speculation on who it was?

Reaps
08-29-2013, 06:47 PM
I just put a trent quote as a title for the demo's like this..

01 - Demo_01 - 'One of my favorite tracks that didn't get finished'... (6:52)
02 - Demo_02 - 'A result of improvisation'... (3:34)
03 - Demo_03 - 'Throw some things on top of each other and see how it all turns out'... (4:12)
04 - Demo_04 - All Time Low - Early demo excerpt (2:23)

Looks nice with the vinyl cover..

Kyle
08-29-2013, 06:47 PM
So Trent says "blah blah, trying to stay politically correct blah" or something to that effect when talking about having brought someone else in to work on the album at a point but ended up going back to just Alan and Atticus. Any speculation on who it was?
Meathead .

antpatty
08-29-2013, 06:56 PM
i very much like the album although a lot of the tracks feel more HTDA than NIN to me

Zipfinator
08-29-2013, 07:13 PM
i very much like the album although a lot of the tracks feel more HTDA than NIN to me

Quite a few people said when HTDA came out that it sounded too much like NIN. If Trent is involved of course there are going to be some similarities.

pinkfloid
08-29-2013, 07:17 PM
absolutely LOVING the demos/unreleased tunes from the interview. How many of you were around just before the fragile came out when there were *rumors* that all the tracks would be instrumental or that one of the discs would be completely instrumental? Trent has got this shit locked down TIGHT. Always really enjoyed his instrumental works and these are no exception.

Once we get our hands on that Autolux remix of Everything there will definitely be a new [Deluxe Edition] (Disc 2) tracklist making its way to my iTunes.

Wretchedest
08-29-2013, 07:22 PM
just got to the first demo. it's so good. WHY DIDN'T YOU FINISH IT???

I take that back it's fine the way it is.

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 07:32 PM
The demos are exciting because he obviously has a lot of this stuff up his sleeves going all the way back to the 90s.

We saw 2 demos on The Downward Spiral 10th reissue - surely there's more than just those two (in fact, we've since heard an early mix of Closer).

The Fragile we've been told he had 70 tracks floating around, unfinished or not I want to hear that. PLUS the piano demos from the house where La Mer was written.

With Teeth we know he had boombox and piano demos from very early in the stage. I want to hear those.

Year Zero I'm sure has plenty of groove ideas and demos as well. I want to hear those.

Trent. Give me your demos.

minusthesnake
08-29-2013, 07:48 PM
The demos are exciting because he obviously has a lot of this stuff up his sleeves going all the way back to the 90s.

We saw 2 demos on The Downward Spiral 10th reissue - surely there's more than just those two (in fact, we've since heard an early mix of Closer).

The Fragile we've been told he had 70 tracks floating around, unfinished or not I want to hear that. PLUS the piano demos from the house where La Mer was written.

With Teeth we know he had boombox and piano demos from very early in the stage. I want to hear those.

Year Zero I'm sure has plenty of groove ideas and demos as well. I want to hear those.

Trent. Give me your demos.

I think we'll get it all someday, just not anytime anywhere near soon.

Wretchedest
08-29-2013, 07:49 PM
All the demos were really good. Some of the best stuff to come from this album. Wierd he decided to bury them in this conversation. Glad I can put this into an editing software and snip them out. Still, strange approach because the content is really, really good.

ericy210
08-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Interesting... How could I find the early closer remix? Thanks

NIN64
08-29-2013, 07:52 PM
The lyrics for the chorus of I Would For You on NINwiki are incorrect. I think it should be "see I keep lying to myself" instead of "see like a light into myself". Could the powers that be look into that?

Edit: Nevermind. . .

Dimitri.
08-29-2013, 08:03 PM
And finally the best one - I missed it earlier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4y6JYLCo

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Interesting... How could I find the early closer remix? Thanks

Deluxe version of Uncoiled

Wretchedest
08-29-2013, 08:18 PM

I sthere a deluxe version now?

pinkfloid
08-29-2013, 08:19 PM

Is there more than one version of Uncoiled? lol

nobies
08-29-2013, 08:20 PM
wasn't there also some rare TDS session stuff that leaked out that had very rough versions of a lot of the tracks?

i remember having finding it in some huge torrent along with some kind of fan extended version of The Fragile

Feeroper
08-29-2013, 08:34 PM
Could someone please PM me the interview link? Saw this at work today, but couldnt log in from work and access it.

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry guys, I didnt see the request to keep it to PM's. My mistake.

SM Rollinger
08-29-2013, 08:38 PM
That drawing/painting of Trent in that youtube vid, with the Beard and the scowl and shit, looks like the kind of thing that someone would have as painting next to the casket at a funeral.

Pretty morbid vision, eh?

edit: or better yet, the promo pic released to the media for the upcoming Isolated, I solo acoustic tour.

edit 2: on the topic of demos, ive always thought it a groovy idea for Trent to do a "From the Vaults" type series, releases of demos and stuff that dint make the cut or are maybe early versions of songs.

minusthesnake
08-29-2013, 08:54 PM
The lyrics for the chorus of I Would For You on NINwiki are incorrect. I think it should be "see I keep lying to myself" instead of "see like a light into myself". Could the powers that be look into that?

I think the official lyrics will all end up on NINWiki within a few hours of the deluxe booklet leaking or being available publicly. So soon.

Ryan
08-29-2013, 08:54 PM

What about the Thrust Mix on remix.nin.com?

SM Rollinger
08-29-2013, 08:57 PM
wasn't there also some rare TDS session stuff that leaked out that had very rough versions of a lot of the tracks?

This gets me excited, does anybody know anything more about this or additional TDS demos besides the reissues bonus tracks?

snaapz
08-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Does anyone know how the perc is developed? I.E. the Clap in Satellites - Does TR/AR use a package and tweak existing samples or do they record their own claps or cracks and sample it? Same for HH, BD etc...

I guess you never know if the high hat is an actual high hat or a metal bucket of nails with pennies taped to the side...

NIN-Entity
08-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Hello guys! Someone knows about the shipping of the preorders made at nin.com? They're already sending? My preorder at the store only shows "order received".

draven
08-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Hello guys! Someone knows about the shipping of the preorders made at nin.com? They're already sending? My preorder at the store only shows "order received".
status quo - september 3rd.

uroboros
08-29-2013, 09:08 PM

You are speaking of the 5.1 stereo tracks from the TDS deluxe. There's like two versions of each track consisting of the rear speakers or whatever. Basically stripped down versions of the LP songs but in no way demos. Their value is immeasurable because a lot of those layers are isolated and clearer than ever for your listening pleasure.

buckaroo
08-29-2013, 09:14 PM
wow. normally i wouldn't consider buying an interview, but this is awesome! between all the streams, the rehearsal audio, the tour documentary, the actual album/remixes and now this interview and demos i'm in nin overload.

gorast
08-29-2013, 09:23 PM
It feels like there's a lot more going on around this album than previous releases - except for Year Zero, considering the ARG and all.

I'm probably off-base here, on second thought. Oh well, feel free to correct me.

NIN-Entity
08-29-2013, 09:23 PM
I've been listening to HM for awhile now, and the more I listen, the more beautiful and deep the songs become. "The Eater of Dreams" was the perfect choice to kick off the album, it's such a dark and "TDS" vibe sound. Every second is unique at his own on HM... The synths and arrangments bounces from ear to ear! "Various Methods of Escape", "In Two" and "While I'm Still Here + Black Noise" are my favorites so far. That sax... :p

NINisamazing
08-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Fucking humming birds!

MrSlfDstruct
08-29-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm really starting to enjoy the songs a lot more. Upon first listen I was kind of worried that I wasn't totally blown away by the record (I'm not really blown away by anything on first listen/viewing anymore . . . it sucks), but as I've listened to it I find myself humming a song, or it creeps its way into my brain and I start grooving to the song in my head and I HAVE to listen to that song. It's settling itself nicely into my life.

Ryan Tollefson
08-29-2013, 09:32 PM
I've been listening to HM for awhile now, and the more I listen, the more beautiful and deep the songs become. "The Eater of Dreams" was the perfect choice to kick off the album, it's such a dark and "TDS" vibe sound. Every second is unique at his own on HM... The synths and arrangments bounces from ear to ear! "Various Methods of Escape", "In Two" and "While I'm Still Here + Black Noise" are my favorites so far. That sax... :p

couldn't agree more with your post, Im also really liking disappointed, the first half is a little dull but once trents voice kicks in full force everything is a okay

Ryan Tollefson
08-29-2013, 09:36 PM
So when can we expect to see the Everything remix pop up? When does the Japanese version come out anyway. All these goodies, Im like a kid in candy store!

gorast
08-29-2013, 09:44 PM
So when can we expect to see the Everything remix pop up? When does the Japanese version come out anyway. All these goodies, Im like a kid in candy store!

I think it might be out now, actually. It's the 30th in Japan, right? 10 or 11 AM. It should show up in the next couple of days.

MrSlfDstruct
08-29-2013, 09:47 PM
At least one person has gotten the Japanese release. There's a pic somewhere in this thread.

NIN-Entity
08-29-2013, 09:48 PM
couldn't agree more with your post, Im also really liking disappointed, the first half is a little dull but once trents voice kicks in full force everything is a okay

Another song I'm digging too is "All Time Low", that arpeggio at the very end is just... Amazing!!! I feel the same chills at the "I Would for You" outro... TR had some great inspiration for this album, and I'm greatful for this.

nineismine
08-29-2013, 09:51 PM
I have listened to this album on repeat now at least 70 times since it came out. I have zero drop off. It's just so interesting to listen to each song and bob my head, while I analyze the samples and scales and instrumentation choices.
God I have so much love for it.

gorast
08-29-2013, 09:54 PM
I ordered the standard edition just now on Amazon. Comes with AutoRip - does that seem kind of useless for CD releases or is it just me? Makes sense for vinyl (like when I ordered Immolate Yourself last week), but not so much for CD.

Ryan
08-29-2013, 09:54 PM
I hated Satellite the first time I heard it, now I can't not listen to the fucker.

MrSlfDstruct
08-29-2013, 10:02 PM
I hated Satellite the first time I heard it, now I can't not listen to the fucker.

That's funny, Satellite probably got the biggest reaction out of me on my first listen. I was smiling like an idiot jamming out.

minusthesnake
08-29-2013, 10:09 PM
I ordered the standard edition just now on Amazon. Comes with AutoRip - does that seem kind of useless for CD releases or is it just me? Makes sense for vinyl (like when I ordered Immolate Yourself last week), but not so much for CD.

The idea is that if you order a CD that's already released from them you can download it immediately while you wait for it to arrive. They also have an app so you can download any song from any CD you've purchased from them while on the go. It's good for when you want something on the spot. It's just a shame Amazon doesn't do their mp3s in 320.

Matheson
08-29-2013, 10:09 PM
I hope my neighbors are enyoing this as much I am. Playing it loud!! By the way, did anyone noticed the resemblance between Satélite and Heresy? There's a keyboard wich starts at 3:00 which resembles A LOT an Heresy part (that starts at 2:37). Listen closely...

To me, that just completes the album.

Ryan
08-29-2013, 10:16 PM
What is everyone 'officially' labelling the demos from In Conversation With as at the moment? Obviously the 4th one is All Time Low (Demo), but until - if and when - Trent gives us official titles for the names of the three others, what would be the best thing to call them so their file names are still somehow associated with the Hesitation Marks era?

ericy210
08-29-2013, 10:24 PM
You guys will love this. It's a gear head site on music production and a thread on NIN and creating that sound. Charlie Clouser contributes a lot on how Trent and team did it in his time, in studio and live.
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/605445-nine-inch-nails-synths-20.html

minusthesnake
08-29-2013, 10:26 PM
What is everyone 'officially' labelling the demos from In Conversation With as at the moment? Obviously the 4th one is All Time Low (Demo), but until - if and when - Trent gives us official titles for the names of the three others, what would be the best thing to call them so their file names are still somehow associate with the Hesitation Marks era?

I'm going with:

Untitled Hesitation Marks Demo 1
Untitled Hesitation Marks Demo 2
Untitled Hesitation Marks Demo 3
All Time Low [Demo]

benbenbenben
08-29-2013, 10:32 PM
I've read a lot of comments disparaging Pitchfork, but from what I've seen Pitchfork is covering Trent Reznor as frequently as whoever else they'd cover a lot lately (Kanye, Daft Punk). They've posted every time he debuts a new song, details about the album, and any time he makes a career move. I can't see them covering him that much unless they're invested in him now (I even wonder if Columbia has pull with Pitchfork Media). They streamed the HTDA album a week before it came out and had early footage of songs from The Slip!

fuckit
08-29-2013, 10:35 PM
They've posted every time he debuts a new song, details about the album, and any time he makes a career move. I can't see them covering him that much unless they're invested in him now!
the problem isn't with the pitchfork news department but the review department. Besides, the news they post hardly has anything with their preference but the stories that bring in the views.

butter_hole
08-29-2013, 10:40 PM

News to me!

Max Leo
08-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Trent should have included those fantastic demos in the second disc of the deluxe edition with the remixes. :(

Well, maybe he plans to use that stuff in the future, I wouldn't mind a new Ghosts full of tracks like those.

xfocalinx
08-29-2013, 11:10 PM

PIC HEAVY, so I posted the links instead of the direct images.

http://imageshack.us/a/img46/1016/5b95.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img560/5237/n1d6.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img843/6890/809d.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img834/4926/x3gd.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img20/7937/ce4c.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img825/7551/gyvg.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img153/8690/v8mp.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img841/4800/7gmd.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img694/5707/crrk.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img710/6176/dy2k.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img833/2439/1h63.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img69/161/j596.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img41/7493/30u3.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img837/3127/biyt.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img845/6884/8ogv.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img10/9080/og4h.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img513/4084/3kea.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img842/8724/k1s8.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img826/3001/6sve.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img827/1071/2ja8.jpg

2nd to the last pic is the vinyl with the CD that is included

millhouse
08-29-2013, 11:22 PM
Picked up the Australian digipack today...

Anyone notice a complete absence of the word "halo" on there?

eversonpoe
08-29-2013, 11:24 PM

yeah, i saw that in the scans that someone posted earlier. odd...

Ryan
08-29-2013, 11:28 PM

Is it on the disc maybe?

xfocalinx
08-29-2013, 11:31 PM
It says Halo 28 cd on the spine of the CD, and Halo 28V on the vinyl

millhouse
08-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Is it on the disc maybe?

Not that I saw and not on the spin of the Aus pressing.

Interesting!

InvitingmeAway
08-29-2013, 11:51 PM
Ok, what's this I hear about multiple mixes of the album?

minusthesnake
08-29-2013, 11:51 PM
PIC HEAVY, so I posted the links instead of the direct images.

http://imageshack.us/a/img46/1016/5b95.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img560/5237/n1d6.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img843/6890/809d.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img834/4926/x3gd.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img20/7937/ce4c.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img825/7551/gyvg.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img153/8690/v8mp.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img841/4800/7gmd.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img694/5707/crrk.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img710/6176/dy2k.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img833/2439/1h63.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img69/161/j596.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img41/7493/30u3.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img837/3127/biyt.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img845/6884/8ogv.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img10/9080/og4h.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img513/4084/3kea.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img842/8724/k1s8.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img826/3001/6sve.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img827/1071/2ja8.jpg

2nd to the last pic is the vinyl with the CD that is included

Wow, thanks for the exhaustive photos! I can't wait to hold it all in my hands.

gorast
08-30-2013, 12:43 AM
Regarding halo numbers:

That's how the international releases of Welcome oblivion were, too. No Sigil on the spine, just a regular catalog number. Might have something to do with the publishers that NIN/HTDA partner with for international releases.

butter_hole
08-30-2013, 01:17 AM
I think it might be out now, actually. It's the 30th in Japan, right? 10 or 11 AM. It should show up in the next couple of days.

Comes out September 4 in Japan according to iTunes.

butter_hole
08-30-2013, 01:18 AM
Ok, what's this I hear about multiple mixes of the album?

Check nin.com