PDA

View Full Version : The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Swykk
04-02-2021, 12:18 PM
You’ve thoroughly established you don’t like the show. Loud and clear.

(You’re supposed to hate Walker. That’s precisely the intent)

allegate
04-02-2021, 12:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLHoLbkVlUk

I don't usually go for these videos but having YouTube on the tv in the living room has helped. or hurt? at any rate it's an interesting conversation piece.

Still can't believe is is only six episodes and we're now halfway through. typical story-structure says the next episode should be where we get something that propels the story forward but WV kind of shoved 'typical' out the window.

All that said I have a niggling fear in the back of my head that this Lethal Weapon-lite is one of those .5 books, the short story you see in a compilation that gives you some information on the larger world but you don't have to have read it when the main book series starts back up again. For example the Tales of Dunk & Egg (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Dunk_and_Egg) and the larger ASoIaF series.

neorev
04-02-2021, 04:11 PM
allegate

Because of the YouTube TV app, my YouTube viewing has shot up. I never really watched it on the phone or computer. I hate watching videos on my computer or phone or tablet. I watch A LOT of YouTube now. Also, some Video due to Patreons I support. There’s lots of great content on YouTube... once you dig through all the garbage.

marodi
04-02-2021, 04:14 PM
(...) eventhough I usually hate Daniel Brühl (...)

Whoa wait WHAT? I'd love to know why, especially since I love the man.

Loved this episode. I've always felt that Zemo was the best villain in the MCU. He's just a man, he doesn't have a suit of armor or superpowers and using just his cunning mind, he managed to break up the Avengers. In this episode, everything he told Sam and Bucky was the truth and he's using the truth to thoroughly manipulate them. Zemo is villainiously awesome.

His dancing is atrocious, though.

And that ending; oh dear, oh dear...

Is it weird that I don't care about the identity of the Power Broker?

allegate
04-02-2021, 05:17 PM
@allegate (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1739)

Because of the YouTube TV app, my YouTube viewing has shot up. I never really watched it on the phone or computer. I hate watching videos on my computer or phone or tablet. I watch A LOT of YouTube now. Also, some Video due to Patreons I support. There’s lots of great content on YouTube... once you dig through all the garbage.
exactly the same. If I'm on the computer I'm on it to work.

or...ETS.

whatever. don't judge me! :)

dlb
04-03-2021, 03:37 AM
Whoa wait WHAT? I'd love to know why, especially since I love the man.

Ever since his first bigger movies here in Germany (Goodbye Lenin!) I always had an issue with him, something subconcious that I really don't like... can't pinpoint it down, but it went through the roof with Inglourious Basterds and manifested itself with interviews and him being a guest in various talk shows here etc. Just a general dislike for the guy.

Here, with Zemo (and to some extent The Alienist) on the other hand I enjoy his role for the first time and I wholeheartedly agree with you. I find the whole Cold War aesthetic of the show quite fascinating, but they don't land it for me, yet Zemo was great in this episode. But I don't want to be too negative here, I'm just wondering how opinions can differ so much eventhough I enjoy the MCU as much as the next guy.

And yes, I share your sentiments with the power broker. :D

versusreality
04-03-2021, 07:48 AM
I'm not crazy for the show either, but it has my intrigue as part of the setup for what's coming up in the MCU. So, small picture it's ehh for me, but big picture is "let's see what happens" .

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-03-2021, 11:42 PM
What an episode! Loved the dynamic between Zemo working with our heroes; didn't see that one coming. We only got one side of Zemo, so seeing him fleshed out more was really neat. His connects, his fighting skills that translate from the comics, and his sweet car lol... I really liked it. Him pretending to control Bucky was genius, and it was cool to see how many people still fear Bucky, but I cannot help but feel for him because he is either used, or just misunderstood at this point. Carter was whatever, but man did she kick ass in this episode. Only 6 episodes, but I like that they are all consistently longer.

allegate
04-04-2021, 02:21 PM
I was wondering if she's the Power Broker? You don't see her actually talk to anyone at the party. You do see someone shoot the contact through the window. you then see her shoot the two bounty guys from a window. and the thing where she has a driver-flunky at the end? weird.

the fact that Nemo is sticking around to help out is pretty cool. I kind of figured what Chekhov's gun was going to be for when they introduced it, but the whole "put on mask and proceed to make their day very shitty" bit was pretty great. He's basically the evil Batman, right? super-rich human with zero powers?

yes I know, but that's what my fingers typed out and I'm leaving it.
Ever since his first bigger movies here in Germany (Goodbye Lenin!) I always had an issue with him, something subconcious that I really don't like... can't pinpoint it down, but it went through the roof with Inglourious Basterds and manifested itself with interviews and him being a guest in various talk shows here etc. Just a general dislike for the guy.

Here, with Zemo (and to some extent The Alienist) on the other hand I enjoy his role for the first time and I wholeheartedly agree with you. I find the whole Cold War aesthetic of the show quite fascinating, but they don't land it for me, yet Zemo was great in this episode. But I don't want to be too negative here, I'm just wondering how opinions can differ so much eventhough I enjoy the MCU as much as the next guy.

And yes, I share your sentiments with the power broker. https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/smilies/biggrin.png
No I get it. He has a very strong resting bitch face.

marodi
04-04-2021, 02:34 PM

Yeah, I get it too. I've seen this happen with Quėbėcois actors too.

However this guy is still the king of resting bitch faces:

https://c3.thejournal.ie/media/2014/07/i-miss-meg-2-752x501.jpg

I bet he could even stare down Bucky.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-04-2021, 07:52 PM
I was wondering if she's the Power Broker?

I was thinking the same thing. The Power Broker in the comics is a well established character, along with after he exposes himself to his own serum, he needs aid just to move, so I can see them maybe humanizing him/her more. Or she could just hold more info she isn't telling them since according to her, she has been in Madripoor this entire Time. Unless she is doing some sort of undercover thingy to trick the other side.

MrLobster
04-05-2021, 11:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW948Va-l10

marodi
04-05-2021, 12:04 PM
What makes Loki such a great character is that Hiddleston is his number one fan. Oh and Mobius, of course you can totally trust Loki. *wink wink*

This is going to be so much fun.

sonic_discord
04-05-2021, 01:50 PM
Loki looks like a LOT of fun! I was excited for it before this new trailer, but now I'm VERY excited for it!

Re: Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I've really enjoyed every episode so far (I love both main characters), but I do think it needs to pick up a little in the next episode. And I agree that Sharon Carter is usually kinda "eh" as a character (especially without Cap), but she definitely kicked ass in her brutal fight scene! It was surprisingly violent (in a good way) for a show on Disney+ and reminded me a bit of John Wick when she stabbed a guy with his own knife and then threw it through another guy's arm, then stabs two more guys, uses a guy as a human shield, and shots a guy point-blank in the face. I love the serious weight of the fight scenes in this (again, it the same vein as the fight scenes in Captain America: The Winter Soldier). Looking forward to more of Zemo (with his mask!) and his eventual/inevitable betrayal. I wish he were the focus rather than the Flag Smashers, who I find much less interesting, but I suppose they needed a reason/threat big enough to break Zemo out of prison (or allow him to escape).

neorev
04-05-2021, 01:58 PM
I love that the Korg Volca Keys is featured in the Loki trailer...

https://www.synthanatomy.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Marvel-Loki-Korg-Volca-1024x484.png
*This is not a joke

Is it used as an interrogation device? Or does the interrogator like to make some noises on his lunch break?

eversonpoe
04-06-2021, 11:29 AM
if they were gonna make owen wilson look like weird paul f tompkins...why not just get paul f tompkins?

dlb
04-06-2021, 11:55 AM

Haha thank you! Don't even get me started! Maybe that's why I enjoy the mask so much! :D

Loki looks like super fun indeed! Very much looking forward to that one and how it will eventually tie into some of the upcoming MCU stuff. Owen Wilson strangely reminded me of Howard Stark at first, but I see that he's playing a very different character. Him and John Slatery just look very similar in that wig and mustache somehow.

dlb
04-09-2021, 04:07 AM
So yeah, Marvel got us covered! #ReleaseTheZemoCut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nEzCv5u1O8&t=61s

versusreality
04-09-2021, 06:43 AM
good episode.

neorev
04-09-2021, 12:59 PM
Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse will be going to Netflix!
Netflix just inked a multiyear deal for post-VOD streaming rights for Sony feature films starting 2022

See Netflix thread for more details

marodi
04-09-2021, 01:43 PM

Oh my God, that's so ridiculously awesome.

And somewhere in the Universe, Star Lord is having a hissy fit.

otnavuskire
04-09-2021, 06:41 PM

My roommates and I watch the show together. I put this on instead of the new episode just now. It took four loops before anyone started questioning it.

neorev
04-09-2021, 10:47 PM
Episode 4... dayum

dlb
04-11-2021, 07:34 AM
Yeah now we are talking! I still don't give a damn about the Flag Smashers or Karli's backstory or who the Power Broker is, but shit hit the fan now! Can't wait to see what is eventually uncovered in episode 5 and 6 and where we go with Walker.

While I'm a big critic of the show and actors, I gotta admit that the fighting is pretty cool and it's kinda refreshing to just have those "little" super powers as opposed to flying, witchcraft etc. Bucky's arm is glorious!

allegate
04-12-2021, 10:17 AM
when he first stood up and adjusted the shield and there wasn't any blood on it I was like, wtf is this? the show's been pushing a high PG-13 / low-R and they're going to Disney it up here? and then the wide shot opened up.

and they killed Battlestar Galactica? harsh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EyxbTliXAAM_Lpq?format=jpg&name=small

allegate
04-12-2021, 03:37 PM
https://twitter.com/MarcFaletti/status/1381596803615842305

Great analysis. I love the fact that it's not even something that you have to read into it, the actors are making it very plain to see, so it's intentional. That's a clunky sentence for what I'm trying to say but it's aimed at this guy in particular:

https://twitter.com/StephenSeanFord/status/1381414562046468097

marodi
04-12-2021, 05:23 PM
I've always wondered where and how Howard came up with the vibranium to make the shield. It's obvious it came from Wakanda but under what circumstances?

And Stephen Ford is the poster boy for white privilege: he clearly doesn't get that the greatest gift Shuri and the Wakandans gave to Bucky is to free him of Hydra's mind control. A lot of people could make him a bionic arm. Giving him back his own free will was priceless and only in Wakanda could he have that.

sonic_discord
04-12-2021, 06:54 PM
Very interesting analysis from Kristine Kippins above. I totally agree with Walker and the shield. I gotta say though, in Bucky's case, the arm was specifically made for him and given to him, it wasn't stolen. I can, however, understand that from their perspective, it might be a good idea to include a built-in fail-safe in case his "deprogramming" didn't take or failed in some way and he reverted back to his brainwashed Hydra puppet ways. This episode was my favorite of the series so far. That ending was one of those moments where I was kind of shocked to see them go that far on a Disney+ show and I am so happy that they didn't wimp out. On the other hand, it's kind of a big bummer that Captain America's shield is now a murder weapon. No amount of scrubbing it with bleach will ever change that fact, which is kinda sad to me. Even if Sam becomes the new Captain America and gets the shield back, it'll be hard to shake the thought that it was once covered in a guy's blood & brains. I'm still glad they had the balls to show that bloodied shield to drive home how horrific and brutally he beat that guy to death and really make you hate Walker more than you already did. The fight scenes with the Dora Milaje were as awesome as you'd hope them to be! I'm very excited for this week's episode...

allegate
04-12-2021, 07:46 PM
rumor is the big cameo this week is someone new to the MCU.

the arm makes sense that it could come off because it is just a prosthesis in the end. so a bit of half a dozen in one hand, no arm in the other.

allegate
04-13-2021, 11:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1c8i9zt98k

Not much new footage but he's got some big Kurt vibes there in the show down.

allegate
04-14-2021, 02:26 PM
https://twitter.com/highway_62/status/1382412270056067072

man, fuck you Marvel.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-16-2021, 01:21 AM
Episode was fantastic. But damn, Sam just trying to help people and always getting the shaft. The show does an incredible job making you feel for these characters and what they're going through; it is really refreshing to see the humanized side of things after the snap and all the space magic for the last few years. I am hoping that is what Black Widow brings to the table if it ever sees the light of day.

allegate
04-16-2021, 01:06 PM
Julia Louis
Trending with Dreyfus

twitter you so weird.

that is a spoiler btw for the episode. I saw it blasted across the screen this morning with Falcon and Winter Soldier next to it so yay thanks.

also I heard that the episode today is supposed to be pretty long and imdb says it's 1h 1min.

dlb
04-16-2021, 02:26 PM
Well, it's a little more than 50 minutes, so nothing groundbreaking. But damn, those have to be some of the best 50 minutes of MCU history. This show took a serious leap towards, very brutal (I think I've never seen so much blood in a MCU movie), grief and meaningful conversations. They really nailed it with this one and I am really looking forward to the finale despite absolutely not feeling the first 3 episodes.

Stay for the mid-credit scene btw. ;)

Wretchedest
04-16-2021, 03:45 PM
I don't think that person is at all a spoiler in any way. But ok there's no twist.

I love the actor, but sadly the part is written like every marvel villain ever and they have no way of standing out and nothing to work with.

dlb
04-16-2021, 04:33 PM
About "that" new character...

Word on the street is, that she would have played a role in Black Widow, which was supposed to come out before this show. But then again, if it was that meaningful, I'm sure they would have re-arranged certain things in order to not diminish the impact. So I suppose the "full" reveal is neither with Black Widow, nor with this show, so let's see how that character evolves in future movies or TV shows... Plus, being from Europe I didn't know who said actress is as I never watched Seinfeld or Veep. Both shows aren't nearly as popular as they are in the US.

marodi
04-16-2021, 10:51 PM
Once upon a time, there was a soldier who helped fellow soldiers escape from a POW camp. The rest of the story is complicated. There's a lot to unpack.

Anyone else noticed that one episode lists Stan before Mackie in the end credits and the next episode lists Mackie before Stan? That's awesome.

allegate
04-16-2021, 11:11 PM
Well, it's a little more than 50 minutes, so nothing groundbreaking. But damn, those have to be some of the best 50 minutes of MCU history. This show took a serious leap towards, very brutal (I think I've never seen so much blood in a MCU movie), grief and meaningful conversations. They really nailed it with this one and I am really looking forward to the finale despite absolutely not feeling the first 3 episodes.

Stay for the mid-credit scene btw. ;)yeah, that was a powerful episode. I've seen some comments on some stories saying the usual woke/SJW BS and it's so crazy how ignorant people are.

I can't wait to see the new Cap in action next week. and the new Falcon eventually...

If I had one quibble, there were maybe one or two edits where the camera was a little too tight on the stuntman and it was not Anthony flipping and catching and throwing. only thing, otherwise really great setup for what is going to be a great finale.

Agent 13 is either the Power Broker or a pawn of the Power Broker or deep cover for the FBI but at any rate she's working for the bad guys.

versusreality
04-17-2021, 05:23 AM
fyi, there's a post credit scene if you guys didn't catch it.

dlb
04-17-2021, 05:44 AM
Loved that picture and the whole scene:

https://i.ibb.co/7tF3ksc/IMG-5794.jpg

As the idea and the character of Captain America is pretty appaling to foreigners and people outside of the US, I was very impressed how Chris Evans became so popular with two of the better MCU movies giving this role more depth and him eventually passing on the shield and vanishing. That this show now uncovers some of the problems that go with such a character and given how important these issues are in our very own society ("A Black Captain America?!"), really elevated the character, at least in my opinion. So this picture and the topics we dealt with in this episode are pretty powerful. Happy how this show took a 180 for me at least.

Wretchedest
04-17-2021, 02:37 PM
Ready for Alfred Molina and Willem Dafoe to have some screen time together.

allegate
04-18-2021, 09:51 AM
"Why didn't you use the metal arm?"
"I don't always think of it. I'm right handed."lol

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-18-2021, 03:47 PM
Probably the best episode of the series. I love how they implement the black history and how Isaiah was treated so damn poorly; that scene really stuck with me. The show does such a great job showing the grief and anguish these characters are all going through.. even with Walker. But man... the whole Karli arc is just so whatever and I do not buy what the character or actress is selling here; It isn't working for me and just doesn't feel earned. Bucky feeling nerfed also makes sense to me now since he is a completely different person and mentality. Yea he is still strong and has all the moves, but his projection to now do the right thing as opposed to him being used to just killing people is nice to see. Him trying to figure out who he is is a great reflection of that.

What the show does is make it believable. When Battlestar got the axe, everyone legit stopped fighting and saw what happened, the shock factor which would happen in a real situation like that. As well with Sam practicing with the shield and failing over and over. I've been really enjoying every episode from go, and I can say I am liking it better overall than Wandavision.

october_midnight
04-19-2021, 08:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giWIr7U1deA&feature=emb_title

Haysey_Draws
04-19-2021, 08:47 AM
Very much in on Shang-chi! I do hope the action won't just fall in jump cut hell and allows the action room to breathe!

sonic_discord
04-19-2021, 11:05 AM
Gotta say, I wasn't very excited for Shang-Chi, but that teaser trailer does make it look pretty good.

allegate
04-19-2021, 11:32 AM
yeah, that doesn't look like any other Marvel film. I'm not sure how I feel about the Ten Rings not being actual rings - I don't know the characters at all but it is a huge change from what I do know - but maybe it won't matter.

The one good shot of the rings that you get, fully powered-up, fairly sure that's not the Mandarin at that point. the clothing is a little form-fitting for an older man so I have to think it's his daughter.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-19-2021, 12:47 PM
yeah, that doesn't look like any other Marvel film. I'm not sure how I feel about the Ten Rings not being actual rings

I wouldn't jump too far into conclusions yet. Marvel has a way of throwing things into the mixing pot with powers and such, and the close up of the rings reminded me of the bracers that Tony Stark makes to help him focus his chi. I can see them connecting those powers similar to what they did in Spider-Man Homecoming with the weaponry from the first Avengers attack. Shang teams up with Spider-Man a lot in the comics so I would not be surprised if they cross paths at some point. The rings are such a pivotal part in Shang and The Mandarin alone; it would be hard for Marvel to fuck this up.

Btw, this looks amazing and I cannot wait for more. The cinematography looks off the charts, and very refreshing to see the Asian representation here from Marvel. I am really not fan of Awkwafina and her obnoxious persona, but I am willing to give her a chance. Love that they released the first trailer on Simi Liu's birthday :D.

WorzelG
04-19-2021, 02:26 PM
Just finished Avengers Endgame and now I’m depressed! Although I could tell from the off what would happen when Tony Stark has a daughter and something more to live for.

Only one criticism though, the Soul Stone, I thought you were supposed to deliberately kill someone you love to gain access, but Natasha kills herself so has Hawk Eye really earned it?

depressed about Captain America but I thought what happened with Thor was great and I love his rapport with Quill

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-19-2021, 03:01 PM
https://twitter.com/_Brixks_/status/1384151517305794569?s=19

sonic_discord
04-19-2021, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I was also thinking of Iron Fist while watching it. Like "THIS is how the ninja & Kung Fu stuff SHOULD be handled."

sonic_discord
04-19-2021, 06:25 PM
yeah, that doesn't look like any other Marvel film. I'm not sure how I feel about the Ten Rings not being actual rings - I don't know the characters at all but it is a huge change from what I do know - but maybe it won't matter.

The one good shot of the rings that you get, fully powered-up, fairly sure that's not the Mandarin at that point. the clothing is a little form-fitting for an older man so I have to think it's his daughter.

It looks like he's got 5 of the rings (bracelets?) on his right arm in this still. I'm willing willing to bet his left arm also has 5 bracelets. Maybe they're just changing them from rings on his fingers to bands around his arms. Either way, between the Infinity gems/stones on the Infinity gauntlet and this, Marvel sure loves their mystical, super-powered jewelry!

https://i.redd.it/qlvnz0ivm5u61.jpg

MrLobster
04-20-2021, 02:35 PM
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1384583749921251333

allegate
04-20-2021, 02:51 PM
I wonder if there's a reason the ten rings are different between Iron Man 3 and this movie. I mean yeah there's the whole "not the real Mandarin" thing but also there's the scene above and there's the iconography that was used before:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/marvelmovies/images/5/57/The_Ten_Rings_Logo.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/284?cb=20150627183951

Also the image I was referring to wasn't that one but a different one. I retract my statement about it possibly being his sister.

allegate
04-21-2021, 12:26 PM
https://twitter.com/alexschlitz_/status/1384875342356156419

aw that's cute.

allegate
04-23-2021, 10:06 AM
spoilers but not really.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyMackie/status/490267059247271937

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzpJn7AXoAAtw3A?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://twitter.com/graemem/status/1385631446006517760

Sometimes I wonder if people are watching the same show. Unless I'm totally misreading this in which case my comprehension skills are subpar this morning.

Swykk
04-23-2021, 05:49 PM
I loved the finale. I think I liked TFATWS more than WandaVision because this stuck the landing way better.

You’ll never hear me bad mouth Kathryn Hahn but that show needed a bigger villain and a better last episode overall. Having Evan Peters be just a throwaway joke was incredibly short sighted.

Magnetic
04-23-2021, 10:22 PM
I think TFATWS really tapped into what is going on in the US right now. It was very present with how we need to do better.
I thought the first 2 episodes were slow, but everything was on point from 3-6. And the nailed the ending. I'm psyched for the next Captain America film, and I'm really hoping that Bucky is always a part of that. They have great chemistry.

allegate
04-23-2021, 11:19 PM
the ending was a little too on-the-nose with the speech and the reveal and the pat on the back from Bucky to John Walker after the weird Lincoln quote. other than that? pretty damn good. The helicopter chase, the Batroc fight RIP, the speech (I know what I said, I can like it and think it's hokey)...great stuff. Glad they announced Cap 4 today at the same time so you know that Black Falcon...I mean Captain America...is going to get a movie.

I teared up when he took Isiah to the display. I know that it was literally the smallest thing Sam could have done (removed from the show and looking it as an actual act, it really was) but in the moment it was beautiful.

I can't wait to see Cap and Bucky and Falcon and Patriot vs. The Thunderbolts.

sonic_discord
04-24-2021, 12:07 AM
In case anyone hasn't heard, Captain America 4 is in the Works With 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier' Showrunner Malcolm Spellman (https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/captain-america-4-in-the-works-with-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-showrunner-malcolm-spellman-exclusive).

dlb
04-24-2021, 04:58 AM
Really not happy with the finale... I was pretty bored throughout and even the fight scenes, something this show was very good at, weren't all that great, plus horrendous CGI. The Flag Smashers really didn't work for me and I absolutely did not care what was happening to Karli. Did the other super soldiers even have names?

BUT I have to applaud this show for its intention, ideas and message. While the speech was very on the nose, it's words like this that are very much need today and have always been. And they can't be voiced often enough! I like what this show has set up so far though, so count me in on Cap 4 and I'll take this show as an "just okay" introduction for some cool stuff in the future.

Loki here we go...

Swykk
04-24-2021, 06:47 AM
You’re nuts, dude. Batroc vs Sam by itself was great which reminds me, shout out to GSP, who did a great job here. You didn’t see a body so I’m long shot hoping for a return. I thought Carli and crew vs Bucky and Walker was a good brawl as well.

Magnetic
04-24-2021, 08:28 AM
My only complaint? I didn't dig the white part of the costume that came up around his head. It looks weird to me.

allegate
04-24-2021, 11:35 AM
You’re nuts, dude. Batroc vs Sam by itself was great which reminds me, shout out to GSP, who did a great job here. You didn’t see a body so I’m long shot hoping for a return. I thought Carli and crew vs Bucky and Walker was a good brawl as well.
Eh blinkandyoumissedit but there was a body that hit the floor.

I'm not so crass as to link the video here. (Which actually means I'm on my phone and copy/pasting between tabs is a pita. :P )

allegate
04-24-2021, 11:42 AM
Really not happy with the finale... I was pretty bored throughout and even the fight scenes, something this show was very good at, weren't all that great, plus horrendous CGI. The Flag Smashers really didn't work for me and I absolutely did not care what was happening to Karli. Did the other super soldiers even have names?

BUT I have to applaud this show for its intention, ideas and message. While the speech was very on the nose, it's words like this that are very much need today and have always been. And they can't be voiced often enough! I like what this show has set up so far though, so count me in on Cap 4 and I'll take this show as an "just okay" introduction for some cool stuff in the future.

Loki here we go...

Does everyone forget about What If?

The fact that this show with these ideas is in a marvel property on a Disney "channel" with this kind of budget...I have to wonder if Feige was like hey it's in service if the snap story, that's it and that's how it was approved. Because this is some heavy stuff.

Also: how likely is it that we get a West Coast Avengers vs The Thunderbolts movie? Squirrel girl is coming guys.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-24-2021, 04:59 PM
If Squirrel girl is coming, I'll be very interested in how the implement her. I find it hilarious that there is almost no explanation as to why she can defeat such huge villains in the comics. Thunderbolts are indeed coming if they take the route of Zemo leading them like he does in the books. Also like the juxtaposition of Val possibly forming her own team up sort of how Fury did with the Avengers. All of this makes sense since the Avengers are disbanded so this gives room for new heroes to pop up in future shows and films. This is only the tip of the iceberg...

Finale was great. I teared up numerous times during those touching scenes; Sam really does his thing and I thought the speech was just fine. The show does an amazing job making you care for characters you're supposed to hate like Walker. I liked that he was being good and teaming up with our heroes, even with his dinner plate shield. Strong series and enjoyed it much more than WandaVision

The whole Agent Carter thing AND Karli were the weakest aspect of all of this. I was tuning out whenever the Flagsmashers were on screen... Just very predictable, and Carter is one of the most boring characters in the entire MCU and the comics.

Oh right, and we have Cap 4 coming!

thelastdisciple
04-25-2021, 10:13 AM
Marc Bernardin on the latest Fatman Beyond echoed some feelings about the TFAWS finale that i also had felt regarding how John Walker was redeemed too fast. I was expecting him to confront Sam about the shield and try to get it back from him or just have a big entitled temper tantrum declaring himself as the true Captain America. I get that we were building up to him becoming U.S. Agent regardless but i still would have liked to have seen more conflict there from him.

The show could have been benefited with a couple more episodes.

allegate
04-25-2021, 05:17 PM
I felt the same. As with most thing in 2021, blame Covid. There was apparently a whole plague subplot that they had to cut which is either hilarious or terrifying, I'm still vacillating on that one. The show was definitely rushed but given the world, they still did a pretty good job making sure it had what it needed. It had it quickly, yes, but it had it.

Also I know less than nothing about Squirrel Girl other than there was going to be a TV series with her but it was cancelled. Pretty good casting though.

https://i.redd.it/0jcy7t1krj351.jpg

#spellmancovidcut

and Carter was supposedly snapped so how could she actually be the Power Broker? That needs to be explained, I think. I mean, they showed her picture in Endgame so either she was snapped or she wasn't and it was convenient for people to think she was.

Or third option since we're coming up on Secret Invasion...

marodi
04-25-2021, 06:01 PM
Yeah, the final episode did feel rushed. Walker was the most annoying thing. It reminded me of X- Men Apocalypse, where people commented about how Magneto was forgiven for having killed a bucket load of innocents. Walker bashing that guy with the shield happened yesterday, almost, and now he's one of the good guys? Come on.

Carter's big reveal left me ambivalent. In the comics she's the one who killed Steve Rogers. Of course it's more complicated than that. In the series, she never acknowledge being the Power Broker. So maybe she's just a red herring.

What I loved most about it is that when people were calling Sam "Cap", it felt right. And it felt good.

Oh and Zemo was way too happy in his cell. He's planning something. It was his butler who blew up the truck with the remaining Flagsmachers after all.

At one point during his speech, Sam mentioned " an insane god". I wonder who that could be?

On to everyone's favorite trickster!

allegate
04-25-2021, 11:27 PM
isn't the insane god Thanos?

Mr. Blaileen
04-26-2021, 11:13 AM
Yeah, the final episode did feel rushed. Walker was the most annoying thing. It reminded me of X- Men Apocalypse, where people commented about how Magneto was forgiven for having killed a bucket load of innocents. Walker bashing that guy with the shield happened yesterday, almost, and now he's one of the good guys? Come on.

Carter's big reveal left me ambivalent. In the comics she's the one who killed Steve Rogers. Of course it's more complicated than that. In the series, she never acknowledge being the Power Broker. So maybe she's just a red herring.

What I loved most about it is that when people were calling Sam "Cap", it felt right. And it felt good.

Oh and Zemo was way too happy in his cell. He's planning something. It was his butler who blew up the truck with the remaining Flagsmachers after all.

At one point during his speech, Sam mentioned " an insane god". I wonder who that could be?

On to everyone's favorite trickster!

Pretty much how I felt. I didn't dislike it, but it felt a little on-the-nose, meh, and predictable. Glad to see Sam finally get his moment. Some other thoughts:

- The Sharon Carter thing was weird; wish they went into that a bit more.

- I agree with those who felt John Walker was redeemed too quickly. I expected shit to hit the fan during the last episode, and it never really did.

- Even after a whole series with him, I STILL wish they would have done more with Bucky.

allegate
04-26-2021, 11:24 AM
With the change of the title card I wish they could have gotten rid of the Winter Soldier bit, go all the way and be Captain America & Bucky Barnes. You spend six episodes about him wanting to not be the Winter Soldier any more and you still call him that?

edit: they updated the twitter account, pretty cool.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ez6b5klVcAAmO-0?format=jpg&name=medium

marodi
04-26-2021, 04:06 PM
isn't the insane god Thanos?

That was my first thought too but Thanos was known as the Mad Titan; I don't remember anyone referring to him as a god.

Also:

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-6554744cb9c893c5d2390abaa617cafb

Then again, Sam never interacted with Loki so... hum.

https://images.app.goo.gl/8CGERAdKUuoy4gg77

With the change of the title card I wish they could have gotten rid of the Winter Soldier bit, go all the way and be Captain America & Bucky Barnes. You spend six episodes about him wanting to not be the Winter Soldier any more and you still call him that?

Captain America and Bucky Barnes, last surviving member of the Howling Commandos?

Problem is that in the MCU universe most people know him as the Winter Soldier, not as Steve Rogers' BFF. He's been recognized as Sgt Barnes a few times in the series thought which is good.

sonic_discord
04-26-2021, 04:49 PM
That was my first thought too but Thanos was known as the Mad Titan; I don't remember anyone referring to him as a god.

I'm thinking that once he had the Infinity Gauntlet, he was essentially a God, or weilding God-like powers.

Captain America and Bucky Barnes, last surviving member of the Howling Commandos?

Problem is that in the MCU universe most people know him as the Winter Soldier, not as Steve Rogers' BFF. He's been recognized as Sgt Barnes a few times in the series thought which is good.

I know what you're saying, but "The Winter Soldier" just sounds so much cooler and badass than "Bucky Barnes." Maybe they could go with the "White Wolf" name, but I feel like he should get a new suit from Wakanda, too, if that were the case. Maybe in Captain America 4 or a potential season 2 they can address that?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-27-2021, 12:40 AM
Yea, I took the "Insane God" comment in reference to Loki. I don't remember anyone considering Thanos a god, but I could be wrong.

allegate
04-28-2021, 03:09 PM
https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1387471784145002502

the amount of work people are doing to dunk on Feige when he's literally talking to the Disney execs and praising Zhao is incredible. I mean, the context clues are right there at the end of the first paragraph.

Haysey_Draws
04-29-2021, 02:43 AM
That's soical media now, doesn't matter who it is or the context, if there's an easy dunk everyone will take it for the likes...

Hyperpower
04-29-2021, 01:54 PM
I think TFATWS really tapped into what is going on in the US right now. It was very present with how we need to do better.
I thought the first 2 episodes were slow, but everything was on point from 3-6. And the nailed the ending. I'm psyched for the next Captain America film, and I'm really hoping that Bucky is always a part of that. They have great chemistry.

I don't want to derail this thread but also feel the need to say how important it is what you just said.

For those of you who feel tired of having the race conversation and how black people, Asian people and minorities in general are being treated, I want you think about how these people feel about the very same conversation and actions of the people in power. I'm sorry if you feel "hey i watch this show to be entertained and not to be bombarded by what's going on in real life" but we are all a product of our environment and it's up to all of us to change it.

It's good to see how this series not letting things die down, got to keep hammering home the messages this series brought up.

allegate
04-29-2021, 02:02 PM
To follow up to that, imagine growing up in the Jim Crow era and finding out that shit's back in style again and a lot of people are just like "well, as long as it doesn't impact my life" and "ugh, keep politics out of my entertainment". Politics are everywhere.

versusreality
04-30-2021, 04:18 AM
yes.

people who watch these shows must not be familiar with the comics, which has been speaking about it for 50 + years. look at the X-Men comics for instance, going back to the 60's and the issues they've addressed.

Wretchedest
05-02-2021, 04:06 PM
X-Men are the case in point of those people being utter illiterate dumb fucks. The original social justice warriors and also constantly finding a way to insert queer people into comics while the comics code was still a thing

october_midnight
05-03-2021, 08:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpxoFcdORI

Scroll through to 1:40, showcases the next few years of MCU movies and their dates.

dlb
05-03-2021, 11:10 AM
Really really curious if I'll like The Eternals, everything about it is putting me off right now and the little tease didn't help either. The rest of the trailer has me pumped though! Bring it!

allegate
05-03-2021, 11:37 AM
What an intro.

Hearing Gemma Chan not whisper-talking was weird. She almost does, it's close. I hope this means we're getting an actual Eternals trailer soon.

The Marvels? So not Captain Marvel 2 anymore?

and what a tease for FF, lol.

sonic_discord
05-03-2021, 11:48 AM
Am I the only one wondering what happened to Blade? They announced it in 2019 and it's nowhere to be seen in this video. Unless maybe Feige considers it to be part of Phase 5 and this video is only meant to showcase Phase 4? Also, it's amazing to finally see GotG Vol. 3 being included with a new official logo and release date! I just wish it weren't a whole two years away, as it's one of the ones I'm most excited for. The one-two-three punch of Spider-Man 3/Doctor Strange 2/Thor 4 is going to be amazing and is what I'm most excited about in the near future.

allegate
05-03-2021, 11:56 AM
Well, there's also the TV shows and the GOTG Christmas Special. I have to think that Marvels is because of said TV shows. At any rate, I think you're right that all of this is just Phase 4. I mean, FF was announced and it was only barely teased so it makes sense.

Heard a rumor about the Blade movie title but it sounded so dumb I'm not even going to search for it to refresh my memory.

edit:

Looks like everyone is calling it a Phase 4 trailer so I guess that's that answered.

Haysey_Draws
05-03-2021, 12:19 PM
If memory serves when they did the Blade ravel it wasn't even included on the timeline they had on the stage and they said it's well WELL off, but just that it was happening. Pretty sure someone said it was phase 5 but don't quote me on that (and covid probably hasn't helped) That trailer did get my hyped though!

allegate
05-03-2021, 12:48 PM
OK, lol, of course the FF tease is also the reveal/announce/whatever for phase four. Didn't even think about that until I saw it over and over in still images on twitter.

subtle.

Saw some Marvels pictures - meaning photos of the three people who are going to be in the movie - and it reminded me that every single image from Ms. Marvel looks like a television show. None of the other TV shows so far have managed to do that so that's the one I'm raising my eyebrow at. If they're going for a look like they did with WandaVision's first few eps, then OK. Something like the TGIF shows or Kim's Convenience (which would be neat considering the book I read where she got her powers), you know?

edit:

I am not this smart, I stole it from a YT comment:

I like how the Dr. Strange logo has Wanda’s powers surrounding it like Wanda’s taking over
Huh.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
05-03-2021, 01:07 PM
Blade will not be coming for some time. There was an article I read a few months back as to why, just cannot find it. I'm stoked for everything coming... But WAKANDA FOREVER!

allegate
05-05-2021, 10:07 AM
https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1389771865992966144

I mean I get AoS but Agent Carter? Wow.

october_midnight
05-05-2021, 10:07 AM
Blade will not be coming for some time. There was an article I read a few months back as to why, just cannot find it. I'm stoked for everything coming... But WAKANDA FOREVER!

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1389959387167424514

dlb
05-05-2021, 11:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNyLzc3MU_E

Love that little twist! Wednesdays it is! Really looking forward to this!

In other news: The making-of to Falcon & the Winter Soldier on Disney+ is really worth it. Too bad the show didn't touch me half as much as it must have been fun to film and I tend to the exact opposite of what some people have to say in that documentary (mainly their excitement for the Flag Smashers and Sharon...), but I really do enjoy Anthony Mackie. So at last the show made me appreciate him and his character alot more and I'm down for Cap4!

allegate
05-05-2021, 11:42 AM
Huh. I wonder what's happening on Fridays then? Movie releases day-and-date? But that shouldn't matter...huh again.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
05-05-2021, 01:15 PM
https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1389959387167424514

Thanks. Guess they changed it up then because it was definitely in the weeds a few months ago.

october_midnight
05-05-2021, 01:30 PM
It’s the first date re: Blade that I’ve even seen. Gotta think filming eould
carry through the rest of the year or so, so we’re talking what...mid-late 2023 release? Damn.

allegate
05-05-2021, 08:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNyLzc3MU_E

Love that little twist! Wednesdays it is! Really looking forward to this!

In other news: The making-of to Falcon & the Winter Soldier on Disney+ is really worth it. Too bad the show didn't touch me half as much as it must have been fun to film and I tend to the exact opposite of what some people have to say in that documentary (mainly their excitement for the Flag Smashers and Sharon...), but I really do enjoy Anthony Mackie. So at last the show made me appreciate him and his character alot more and I'm down for Cap4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVvK10eFmo8

allegate
05-07-2021, 12:48 PM
So Marvel announced a release date for a graphic novel today and it's being rushed to print so it will release at the same time as the final episode of the Loki show.

potential spoilers because it's more speculation than anything but I'm only linking for that reason.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0wxcs8VEAUgddR?format=jpg&name=large

don't say I didn't warn you that it might be a spoiler.

october_midnight
05-07-2021, 08:23 PM
So I guess it's fairly certain that GotG 3 will be the last time Dave Bautista plays Drax...

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/1390837973898440708

Haysey_Draws
05-10-2021, 08:32 AM
https://twitter.com/SonyPictures/status/1391739810524585985

I see they're doubling down on Venom's comic relief from the first. Can't say i was the biggest fan of that, but the Carnage design looks great.

october_midnight
05-10-2021, 08:43 AM
I haven’t followed this movie in literally any way, so wait what... Woody Harrelson? Hahaha nice.

dlb
05-10-2021, 08:56 AM
Well, I am absolutely looking forward to this movie as I really enjoyed the first one, but that trailer was a bit boring and... not really funny? Carnage seems to be looking cool either way and I'm sure Harrelson will put on a good role/fight. Plus I do have high hopes that Andy Serkis is a cool director to have on such a project.

MrLobster
05-10-2021, 08:58 AM
I think Harrelson in the role is fine but I always pictured that Cletus was about the same age as Eddy... and uh... that isn't the case here.

allegate
05-10-2021, 10:16 AM
We were all out on a walk the other night, having a good time, and for some reason started talking about the Spider-Man movies. My wife said that Venom was the only good one. And it's not like you can have a normal conversation to debate the point with her, she just said that and wouldn't defend the position other than to say she didn't like any of the other Spider-Man movies.

Not even Spider-Man 2.

We were having a good time.

sonic_discord
05-10-2021, 10:43 AM
I love Tom Hardy being cast as Eddie Brock, but I don't like how they've made Venom a comic relief-type character. To me, that's a baffling choice and I wish they treated Venom more seriously because he doesn't feel very threatening after making a bunch of dumb jokes. I love Woody Harrelson and I'm sure he'll do well with the role, but I have always thought that Jackie Earle Haley would be the perfect Cletus Kasady. I have more faith in Andy Serkis as a director than Ruben Fleischer. Plus, it feels like a sure thing that Spider-Man (or at least Peter Parker) will make a cameo in this movie, so I'm sure it'll be better than the first movie, which I found to be a little dull.

allegate
05-10-2021, 11:21 AM
https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1391775853063729155

Mr. Blaileen
05-10-2021, 12:41 PM
The trailer for the first movie was underwhelming, yet I enjoyed the final product way more than I expected to. This trailer was kinda boring, so hopefully it's the same with this flick. For Andy Serkis' sake, I hope it doesn't suck. I love that man.

Wretchedest
05-10-2021, 06:15 PM
Against all odds and against a deliberate desire to hate it, I liked the first Venom movie.

This trailer wasn't good though. The humor pushes past "leaning into camp," into "Marvel movie with too much humor" territory.

I also fucking hate when trailers and ads conceal the look of a character like carnage, a title character, not a twist, that is hopefully featured in the movie prominently. The entire advertising philosophy of concealing the product is annoying and super cynical. Woody Harrelson, love him as I might, doesn't seem to be bringing anything to this part, and I remain concerned that his woody harrelson-ness will ultimate be too distracting to allow carnage and Cletus Cassidy to breath. While I do think it's challenging to strike a proper tone with carnage, lest you find yourself just doing a Joker, I think the tone of the movie as a whole seems to pull away from where I would want it to be for carnage to be pulled off correctly

Self.Destructive.Pattern
05-10-2021, 11:49 PM
Seems like they will go with that "Symbiote adapting to human life" schtick with the forced humor and dialogue... What was that in the beginning? Aside from that, still looking crazily forward to this since the first movie I actually really liked.

Haysey_Draws
05-11-2021, 02:47 AM
One of my biggest problems with the first was that most of the fight scenes, especially at the end, they were all at night between 2 basically black monsters and i just could not see what the hell was happening...and this was in a cinema! The trailer looks like it'll be that again but a red version this time. I hope they at least make it easier to see, the only thing i want out of this is seeing Venom and Carnage fight!

dlb
05-11-2021, 03:47 AM
Gotta love how Cletus smashes the little spider on the table though... :D

Having watched the trailer a couple of times, I think they really nailed Carnage here by his looks. Let's hope Woody does a decent job, but I understand the worries. I'd just wish for a lot more horror and body-horror elements in this one. They did well, when they did these in the first movie, but they could have gone a bit further for my taste. And I gotta agree with Wretchedest here... bring Carnage more front up and center. At least that's what we are all here for, aren't we? A big fight and some nasty moves from Carnage!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
05-18-2021, 01:24 PM
To be fair, we have never seen Carnage on the big screen. I actually like that they didn't just splurge him all over the place before it even comes out like most trailers do these days. The trailer showed justtt enough to be hyped, and not a 3 1/2 minute condensed version of the film.

allegate
05-18-2021, 01:56 PM
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1394495903063371780

I saw this in the theaters with my best friend. We also left the theater for a "drink" when the giant monster comes in at the end. Was a little much for us nine-year-olds at the time.
The screenplay was originally intended to be an animated film, but the film adaptation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_adaptation) became live-action because of a contractual obligation.that might have been better, but it would have been mid-80s animation so probably not.

Also the team that did Strange Magic should get another chance at an animated film. That was not a good film but man it was pretty.

Speaking of Carnage:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1394293792396570634

The little tagline says "assembled from the Spider-Man universe" so that's interesting. Like the Spider Buggy, the Spider-Man desk meme, the Daily Bugle logo that is also on the paper in the Carnage trailer. And is that Firestar from the Amazing Friends (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_and_His_Amazing_Friends) show?

wight rabbit
05-18-2021, 05:01 PM
The little tagline says "assembled from the Spider-Man universe" so that's interesting. Like the Spider Buggy, the Spider-Man desk meme, the Daily Bugle logo that is also on the paper in the Carnage trailer. And is that Firestar from the Amazing Friends (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_and_His_Amazing_Friends) show?

I don't think it's referring to the cinematic universe if that's what you're suggesting.

allegate
05-18-2021, 08:16 PM
Right, not just that but lots of things. I mean, it can't be a coincidence that it's using the bugle logo from the carnage movie, can it?

MrLobster
05-19-2021, 12:01 AM
Right, not just that but lots of things. I mean, it can't be a coincidence that it's using the bugle logo from the carnage movie, can it?

Let's look at it another way... how many variations of the logo does Marvel currently use across its media? Just the one? Or is it a couple?

allegate
05-19-2021, 10:39 AM
I have no idea. I just thought it was a cool little touch, not a grand plan from Marvel or Lego.

thelastdisciple
05-24-2021, 09:06 AM
Here's the first teaser for Eternals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WVDKZJkGlY

Hmm, well it certainly looks different.

Not sure if it necessarily looks good or bad, it's just completely uncharted territory for me. I'll be curious to see what the reception of the film will be like and how it fits in with the greater MCU.

Shang-Chi so far is the more exciting of the upcoming MCU films for me but Eternals definitely has me intrigued.

dlb
05-24-2021, 09:07 AM
^^ I will give it a chance when it hits theatres, but even the full trailer is not raising my interest in this. The cast does nothing for me in the slightest way. On the other hand I like that this seems like a total different movie than any other MCU entry.

Yet, this can't come soon enough:

https://youtu.be/s0nTq-NUvU4

allegate
05-24-2021, 10:13 AM
They finally gave What If...? a date and it's coming in August. It was listed as spring so I'm not sure what necessitated the move but whatever.

I was thinking that the Marvel marketing team is probably busy as hell since they have movies and television this year and it's a lot of stuff. I guess having an entire year off helps though, maybe?

also this made me chuckle:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2KC0uYWEAE-HzG?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2KPwtpWUAotnG_?format=jpg&name=large

So that screenplay credit is weird. I don't think I've seen that before.

mfte
05-25-2021, 09:51 AM
Here's the first teaser for Eternals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WVDKZJkGlY

Hmm, well it certainly looks different.

Not sure if it necessarily looks good or bad, it's just completely uncharted territory for me. I'll be curious to see what the reception of the film will be like and how it fits in with the greater MCU.

Shang-Chi so far is the more exciting of the upcoming MCU films for me but Eternals definitely has me intrigued.

Not only does this trailer make it look dull, but also boring. This is surprising since Marvel has always at least been able to make their trailers exciting.

allegate
05-28-2021, 03:49 PM
We've been watching MODOK and it's alright. little toO samey with the Robot Chicken stuff and humor. I get that irreverence is funny for some people but comparing things to something completely unrelated and making asinine comments for humor isn't that funny to me.

There are some moments that stand out, like the fisting comment and MODOK's follow-up that was something like "I agree that you thought that sounded different to you than it does to me".

allegate
06-07-2021, 12:14 PM
finished MODOK, hated the ending. They built him up to be something and then ripped it away in the final moments of the show. That's just weak episode writing! You wrote a bad ending, Petey!

https://twitter.com/LuckyCharms/status/1401884880112218112

marodi
06-07-2021, 05:05 PM
MCU's Loki is confirmed to be gender fluid

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/07/entertainment/loki-fluid-trnd/index.html

Can we have Lady Loki now?

allegate
06-07-2021, 05:08 PM

https://media3.giphy.com/media/VABbCpX94WCfS/200.gif

I know nothing...

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-09-2021, 04:02 PM
After just 1 episode, Loki is my favorite of the 3 series so far. Incredibly well done, funny, and who would have thought we would get even more character development after being with this character for almost ten years. Cannot wait to see where this goes.

eversonpoe
06-09-2021, 06:42 PM

I'M NOT CRYING YOU ARE CRYING

:o

Wretchedest
06-09-2021, 08:35 PM
Excited for this but also at this point my inner X-Men fan is starving for some news or SOMETHING

marodi
06-09-2021, 10:37 PM
I'M NOT CRYING YOU ARE CRYING

:o

No, darling young lady, you are; or you will. Sentiments!

That was right in the feels, that first episode, and I was not expecting that. I'm loving it.

dlb
06-11-2021, 06:18 AM
Episode felt a little clunky with alot of exposition, but Hiddleston just knows how to act. He might even be the best actor in the MCU right now alongside Cumberbatch, so I do enjoy him getting a bit more to do with the character. Loved it and I am really psyched to see where this is going! Lots of possibilities!

marodi
06-11-2021, 03:27 PM
"I'm going to burn this place to the ground."
"I'll show you where my desk is, you can start there."

Theory time! Mobius told Loki that the very dangerous variant he is currently chasing is another Loki variant. My theory? That other Loki variant is the character Richard E. Grant is playing.

allegate
06-11-2021, 03:47 PM
saw an idea that the young kid was the other variant (OV) Loki in disguise.

also as soon as I saw the devil I laughed and wondered if they're doing this on purpose now.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-11-2021, 04:50 PM
saw an idea that the young kid was the other variant (OV) Loki in disguise.

also as soon as I saw the devil I laughed and wondered if they're doing this on purpose now.

I read that they wrote that in awhile ago before all the Mephisto theories came in with WandaVision. I still like to think it is a reference tho lol.

Swykk
06-13-2021, 04:03 PM
Unpopular opinion: I’m not digging Loki so far at all. It’s overtly hokey in a Hitchhikers Guide kind of way which was never my thing. Hoping it takes a turn into a more Venture Bros like territory.

The one scene I liked came near the end of the episode, where he’s reviewing what happened in Infinity War.

allegate
06-14-2021, 10:22 AM
This is the only place I've seen this discussed and it seems pretty interesting if true:

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/taking-look-missing-end-credits-first-episode-loki-723704

While that wasn't 100% worth the pay off for the majority of the episodes of either WandaVision or The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, some of those episodes did indeed feature an added sting in their respective tails.And so it is with Loki that we sat through the end credits, wondering if we'd get anything extra, but alas, no.

However, what is interesting about the end credits of this particular series, is what is missing from those final frames.

allegate
06-15-2021, 10:41 AM
https://twitter.com/zavvi/status/1404769136639610885?s=20

interesting choice on both fronts.

Swykk
06-16-2021, 07:05 PM
Okay, that was more like it. The second episode of Loki hit the spot. That entire end sequence at the Not Menards was rad.

marodi
06-16-2021, 10:16 PM
"Be free, my horned friends!"

And that moment I realized the language was Latin, not Italian, because I was understanding way too much of it and I don't speak Italian!

Oh and shut the fuck up, that ending was sweet.

allegate
06-16-2021, 10:33 PM
the credits thing bears out on this one, still the big pauses and the added name that wasn't there.

Also I just read an article trying to say that that wasn't actually Loki. Jesus Christ people will do anything to keep a character they love (too much) from being anything 'other' won't they.

marodi
06-16-2021, 10:44 PM
Confirmation about said character.

LINK CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 2. You've been warned!

https://www.slashfilm.com/tom-hiddleston-talks-lady-loki-introduction-and-sophia-di-martino/

MrLobster
06-19-2021, 07:48 PM
Finally finished WandaVision, quite well done. I enjoyed the story... so... Agatha All Along and the Munster's theme... nice.

Haysey_Draws
06-20-2021, 04:26 AM
I finally signed up for Disney + for Loki and i'm bloody loving it! Hiddleston is such a fun actor and is finally giving time to shine with with character!

dlb
06-22-2021, 01:17 PM
Thought the last episode was incredibly well done and quite suspenseful for a second episode. The ending really felt like a cliffhanger you'd expect from a finale. So this show really has some potential and I can clearly see why people are already talking about a seaon 02 if Loki isn't showing up in Thor 4.

I really need to watch some more of his movies, haven't seen much so far, but there seem to be quite a few good ones. I didn't enjoy Crimson Peak though.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-23-2021, 03:28 PM
Great chemistry between Hiddelston and Martino; it is almost instant. Camerawork was also damn good in that last sequence at the end. Really curious how they're gonna wrap this season up.

Haysey_Draws
06-24-2021, 03:20 AM
So we're assuming this is the catalyst for the multiverse right? Well what if (and that's a mighty big if) we see some of those strands appear towards the end before getting's explored in Spider-man and Dr Strange...and which character would be best suited to appearing and knowing exactly what's happening? Again big if, but Deadpool would defiantly work as a quick "holy shit i'm in the MCU now, the multiverse LIVES" moment with no extra explanation.

MrLobster
06-25-2021, 01:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YjFbMbfXaQ

Abomination?!?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-25-2021, 07:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YjFbMbfXaQ

Abomination?!?

Abomination or Ch'od and a Sourcerer. It was rumored Wong would be in this film, but who knows. Trailer has me even more hyped for the film now. I love they gave him his classic look if this is indeed him, but watching the trailer in closed captions, it literally says "Abomination Roars" so there is that lol.

Everyone pointing out Abomination, but is that FING FANG FOOM!?!

allegate
06-25-2021, 10:37 AM
in the water? I doubt it. toys have been around for long enough that it's more likely the luck dragon.

looks great though. I'm glad they updated Abomination though.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4d/Abomination_%28Emil_Blonsky%29.jpg

vs.

https://www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2020/12/incredible-hulk-abomination-tim-roth-marvel-studios-1009669-1280x0-1280x720.jpg

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-25-2021, 10:49 AM
in the water? I doubt it. toys have been around for long enough that it's more likely the luck dragon.

looks great though. I'm glad they updated Abomination though.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4d/Abomination_%28Emil_Blonsky%29.jpg

vs.

https://www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2020/12/incredible-hulk-abomination-tim-roth-marvel-studios-1009669-1280x0-1280x720.jpg

Fin fang foom can shapeshift into pretty much anything and can indeed swim, but seems like from the toys, it's being called "The Great Protector".

People saw the toy in stores apparently and this just annoys me. I wish they held back on these toys so we weren't spoiled months before these movies come out. I try to avoid as much as possible but it's impossible sometimes lol.

allegate
06-25-2021, 11:00 AM
well, covid fucked up a lot of things and tie-in distribution was one of them. I remember seeing WW84 stuff on the shelves long before the movie was out because it's not like Doritos can just stop production of the bags.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-25-2021, 12:24 PM
well, covid fucked up a lot of things and tie-in distribution was one of them. I remember seeing WW84 stuff on the shelves long before the movie was out because it's not like Doritos can just stop production of the bags.

This has been happening way before covid though. They can do better...

https://twitter.com/SimuLiu/status/1408320139578298368?s=19
Don't "toy" with me :D.

marodi
06-25-2021, 04:53 PM
They had me at Michelle Yeoh.

MrLobster
06-25-2021, 08:15 PM
Finished Uncle Sam and the Buckster, rrr... Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I dig it. Nice to see Zemo in the mask. Sharon! Bad Sharon... naughty! The angle of USAgent and the Contessa should be fun.

Haysey_Draws
06-26-2021, 08:18 AM
The more they put out for Sheng-chi the more excited i am for it! Marvel movies already are my bread and butter, but kung-fu action is my jam!

neorev
06-28-2021, 07:58 AM
Marvel Alters WandaVision Finale Post-Credit Scenehttps://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1180320-wandavision-finale-post-credit-scene-altered

allegate
06-28-2021, 10:16 AM
While it’s certainly reasonable to think this is some fan-made edit, the site Murphy’s Multiverse (https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/marvel-studios-wandavision-now-playing-an-alternate-post-credit-scene/) has confirmed that this is indeed the version of the WandaVision post-credits scene that is now playing on Disney+. Additionally, there have been changes made to the actual scenery of that scene, as well as updated credits.

So they couldn't just boot the episode up for themselves before writing the article? Their reporting is relying on someone else's information instead of just scanning ahead and watching it themselves?

allegate
06-28-2021, 05:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgdWQBvS0_A

you know, they do keep saying "him" but we know it's not him so do they really know who they're chasing?

Some new stuff near the end, some of which spoils the very next episode so keep that in mind.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-30-2021, 08:24 AM
Abomination and Wong confirmed by Kevin Feige. Love that they're bringing back Tim Roth to reprise the role, along with She-Hulk. Forgot Tatiana Maslany is playing her; she is going to knock it out of the park.

Also!

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1410229389221154822?s=19

neorev
06-30-2021, 10:57 AM
Me watching Loki: Episode 4...

https://media.tenor.com/images/93f3bc245d6fb237923d4bd0d2eeeb86/tenor.gif

Loki is definitely the best Marvel series so far. Wandavision has been knocked to 2nd place.

Haysey_Draws
06-30-2021, 12:17 PM
The more "normal" parts of the internet are losing their shit at the prospect of Loki x Loki and i'm just here watching them burn with my popcorn. Fudging great episode.

Swykk
06-30-2021, 12:22 PM
I’m the opposite (so far). Falcon And Winter Soldier is the best, had the best beginning to end pacing and character growth plus excellent action. WandaVision comes in second because it was great until the final episode, which was a letdown. Loki is a mess pace wise, I find TVS to be boring, but really like Loki and Sylvie together. The first episode was hokey when it wasn’t boring. The second episode picked up and got interesting. The third episode was interesting for Sylvie but not much else. I hope the last three episodes bring it all together in a way that makes sense otherwise this’ll be the worst series of the three so far. It still feels like Hitchhiker’s Guide which as I said before, is not my thing at all.

allegate
06-30-2021, 03:32 PM
https://twitter.com/chris_mecca/status/1410332798460833797

man I can't wait until I get home.

marodi
06-30-2021, 05:30 PM
https://images.app.goo.gl/AdWqVUKNkCFefMHu7https://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/jim-carrey-yes-gif.gif

sonic_discord
06-30-2021, 09:06 PM
This was a fantastic episode. Very curious to see what comes of the characters in the post credits scene. Very much looking forward to next week's epsiode! IMO, these Marvel Disney+ shows have only been getting better
Loki > FatWS > WandaVision

MrLobster
07-01-2021, 01:07 AM
I'm only concerned about young Sylvie referencing Loki when she's playing at the start of the episode. I mean, yeah, if you know the character then it's spoilers all the way but they are being subtle...

never did I think I'd be using the Marvel collectible cards to reference live-action shows but I like it...

https://twitter.com/nscafe/status/1409672604865024001

neorev
07-01-2021, 07:46 AM
Is no one gonna talk about this little from Mobius in episode 4?!?!

"You know, we brought in Kree, Titans, vampires. Why is it the two orphan demigods are such a pain in the ass?"

allegate
07-01-2021, 09:16 AM
Yeah, they like to seed things.

ALSO though...wtf at Loki-dile?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
07-04-2021, 01:31 PM
Breadcrumbs have all been leading to Kang. Would really make things cohesive since he is supposed to show up in Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania. This next phase is going to be bonkers once the movies start releasing.

Wretchedest
07-04-2021, 11:34 PM
With any luck Kang could lead to apocalypse. But I'm just desperate at this point

Self.Destructive.Pattern
07-05-2021, 09:13 AM
With any luck Kang could lead to apocalypse. But I'm just desperate at this point

Me too lolol... I want answers now dammit!

marodi
07-07-2021, 09:11 PM
I want a spin-off with Aligator Loki and Goose the not really a cat.

And Rocket, for the commentaries.

Also, we are not worthy of Richard E. Grant.

allegate
07-07-2021, 10:47 PM
https://i.redd.it/mra1qqvvfe941.png

I feel like that was Chronopolis there at the end but I also feel that I'm reaching and hoping just a tad.

favorite moment was Captain Hook, that had me in stitches.

I'll just keep editing stuff in, why not.

the boat there? that was the USS Eldridge (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Eldridge) aka The Philadelphia Experiment
Philadelphia Experiment[edit (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=USS_Eldridge&action=edit&section=4)]

The "Philadelphia Experiment (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment)" was a purported naval military experiment at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Naval_Shipyard) in Philadelphia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia), Pennsylvania (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania), sometime around 28 October 1943, in which Eldridge was to be rendered invisible (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisibility) (i.e. by a cloaking device (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloaking_device)) to human observers for a brief period.[4] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Eldridge#cite_note-FOOTNOTECarroll2007-4)[5] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Eldridge#cite_note-FOOTNOTEAdams1987-5) The story is considered a hoax: there is a general lack of evidence for the alleged experiment; the person who started the myth—a man calling himself Carlos Miguel Allende—admitted that he had made up the story and relayed it to author Morris K. Jessup; and the USS Eldridge's deck log and war diary (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_diary) (preserved on microfilm (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microform)) show that the ship was never in Philadelphia between August and December 1943.[6] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Eldridge#cite_note-6)

allegate
07-07-2021, 11:01 PM
unrelated to Loki:

https://twitter.com/RegalMovies/status/1412924737697820675

allegate
07-07-2021, 11:07 PM
https://i.redd.it/mra1qqvvfe941.png

I feel like that was Chronopolis there at the end but I also feel that I'm reaching and hoping just a tad.

favorite moment was Captain Hook, that had me in stitches.

I'll just keep editing stuff in, why not.

the boat there? that was the USS Eldridge (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Eldridge) aka The Philadelphia Experiment

https://www.ign.com/articles/loki-easter-eggs-episode-5-alioth-chronopolis-thanos-copter

Just so we're clear, that's a lot of Kang references for it to not be Kang next week.

allegate
07-08-2021, 11:18 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5yUyz2XIAICO4R?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1413165988141404161

marodi
07-08-2021, 01:04 PM
What if...? looks fantastic. But damn, it hurts like hell to hear Chadwick's voice.

Also Throg. Throg is now MCU canon . Just think about that for a moment.

MrLobster
07-08-2021, 03:36 PM
https://twitter.com/keiidakamya/status/1412813050659414020

GulDukat
07-08-2021, 11:11 PM
Saw Back Window tonight and enjoyed it. I've never seen any of the movies with these characters (only seen a few Marvel movies), but I could still follow the story. Plot was a little thin, but I liked the characters, there was some humor and the action sequences are great.

versusreality
07-09-2021, 04:05 AM
got tickets for Black Widow for next week. It will be the first time I'm going to the movies since Feb. 2020. I'll admit, I don't really care too much for the Marvel stuff as I used to but I'm looking forward to the theater experience and an enjoyable film.

GulDukat
07-09-2021, 09:00 AM
got tickets for Black Widow for next week. It will be the first time I'm going to the movies since Feb. 2020. I'll admit, I don't really care too much for the Marvel stuff as I used to but I'm looking forward to the theater experience and an enjoyable film.
This one is worth seeing in 3D.

allegate
07-09-2021, 10:49 AM
people are complaining that (actual spoiler) Taskmaster is a woman. I mean, I guess if you thought they were doing comic-faithful adaptations of characters then I'd see where you're coming from but there's a decade-plus of movies (and television) where they say "that's a good idea, but let's change it a little".

MrLobster
07-09-2021, 09:04 PM
Just finished watching... I liked but I can understand if there's people who don't. The end credits scene was a nice tie-in.

If you liked the Jason Bourne movies, you'll probably get through this no problem.

allegate
07-10-2021, 12:59 AM
having now seen the movie: that was kind of obvious. again, you've had a decade-plus of movies where they almost always do the obvious like that so it wasn't that surprising.

the last episode of Loki is also probably going to be obvious and Marvel-ey because they almost have to at this point. I'm not at all knocking them, btw, I don't care. I get what I expect from the films/shows and surprise isn't one of those things. there's twists and turns and then we get to where we were going anyway.

back to the film: the scene that's in all the trailers, them falling through the sky, was pretty great. no one died from random debris falling on them and that seemed too much of a neat bow but again it's a Marvel movie. they survived that physics-ally impossible helicopter crash and they survived the chute-opens-too-late so why not complete the movie trope trifecta and survive debris.

Haysey_Draws
07-10-2021, 10:42 AM
I really didn't think i'd be all that into BW, but i really enjoyed it! Florence Pugh and David Harbour were DELIGHTS in every scene they were in! I do feel like they kinda wasted Taskmaster, but i'm happy they didn't kill them, so there's a chance to do something with them in future Also i completely forgot Ray Winestone was an actor, all he does anymore in the UK is be a mouthpiece for various betting firms adverts, i honestly thought he'd retired just to do them!

Wretchedest
07-10-2021, 10:46 AM
Loved it! Better than the majority of solo marvel movies. Really sad it took this long for BW to get her own solo flick. Great, brutal action.

My only gripe is that it is *deeply* irresponsible to include a picture of bill Clinton I your photo sequence about kidnapped little girls. Like it is insane to me that that edit made it through after the capitol riot.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
07-10-2021, 11:17 AM
This movie... Lol. Action was great, Taskmaster was wasted and was used just as I thought (Even though I have to admit, the decision they went with made me roll my eyes.) some fun moments but the script is so laughably bad along with those line deliveries in the third act. This one should have stayed on the shelf. Not to mention, some of the worst green screens I have seen in a Marvel movie.

Wretchedest
07-10-2021, 11:25 AM
I thought task aster was cool but yeah they hype her as this unstoppable fighter and yet she eats shit like a Looney toon in every fight.

Archive_Reports
07-11-2021, 07:00 AM
Florence Pugh absolutely stole the show. Overall BW felt like a second-tier Winter Soldier.

chuckrh
07-11-2021, 09:08 AM
I thought "Black Widow" was ok except for the bad fake Russian accents

MrLobster
07-12-2021, 05:23 AM
Sure, it was a movie about Natasha, the Black Widow but I'm really starting to think the title referred to the program that she a product of. And hence, making a lot more sense of the plot and how it's a set of for her sister to take a much bigger roll going forward. Hail Hydra.

allegate
07-12-2021, 12:19 PM
https://freebeacon.com/culture/review-black-widow/

I couldn't get past the first paragraph. Just terrible. I understand that not everyone will like a movie but that's crazy to call out fans for enjoying what they're watching.

neorev
07-12-2021, 01:57 PM

I couldn't get past the first paragraph. Just terrible. I understand that not everyone will like a movie but that's crazy to call out fans for enjoying what they're watching.

Just remember, this is the guy telling fans to get a life...
https://i.imgur.com/GAegIGA.jpg

Archive_Reports
07-12-2021, 03:14 PM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AmusedSlimyAfricanclawedfrog-max-1mb.gif

allegate
07-13-2021, 11:53 AM
https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1414987701502218244

I know it's a common refrain but he's a king of marketing. I don't know if it's all him or if he's got someone working for him that knows their stuff but either way this is genius stuff.

Even the Korg MCU thing is amazing, Taika really nailing it there.

Jord
07-14-2021, 02:05 PM
Well that Loki finale was intense.

They've really blown the doors open for the Multiverse good and proper now, with Kang the new big bad for the next phase. Totally stoked to see where they go from here, and as well as the fact Loki gets a second season.

otnavuskire
07-14-2021, 08:27 PM
Loki was definitely my favorite of the TV shows so far. Loved it. I also really appreciate that this show is the least Owen Wilson that Owen Wilson has been in years.

neorev
07-14-2021, 09:40 PM
Loki is definitely their best series. I felt WandaVision started off strong, but kinda fumbled the landing. Falcon and Winter Soldier was okay, though I found the whole Karli and her team of the latest iPhone commercial starring super soldier pals fighting for whatever subplot very boring and poorly handled.

MrLobster
07-15-2021, 12:32 AM
...stays tuned for S2.

Wretchedest
07-15-2021, 02:34 AM
Am I the only one? I found the finale bad. Like profoundly bad. 30 minutes of egregious and boring exposition from yet another marvel villain who's been given a completely identical, aloof direction. To play Kang with some real drama and conviction would have been fresh, instead his personality is indistinguishable from Dreyfus' character. What a waste.

This show could have leaned a lot more into fun and chaos and time travel shit and instead ended up being a bit more morose and serious. I would actually call it the worst one so far. And yes I realize the irony in that base on what I just said about Ka g, but I'm sticking to it

neorev
07-15-2021, 05:13 AM
Am I the only one? I found the finale bad. Like profoundly bad. 30 minutes of egregious and boring exposition from yet another marvel villain who's been given a completely identical, aloof direction. To play Kang with some real drama and conviction would have been fresh, instead his personality is indistinguishable from Dreyfus' character. What a waste.

This show could have leaned a lot more into fun and chaos and time travel shit and instead ended up being a bit more morose and serious. I would actually call it the worst one so far. And yes I realize the irony in that base on what I just said about Ka g, but I'm sticking to it

Honestly, I enjoyed the finale because it was so not the usual Marvel ending. I like the fact we didn't get some big grand CG blowout ending. Marvel has become very, very formulaic. That's what bugged me so much about the WandaVision finale with all its CGI there are really no real stakes when these characters fight usual crap. I'm sorry, but it gets kinda tiresome over and over. I liked the fact it took the room to breathe and make you ponder some very big questions of what is to come with this universe... I'm sorry, multiverse. I actually found Kang a lot more fascinating and interesting having this moment of back and forth with him. I quite enjoyed Jonathan Majors' performance because he wasn't your typical Marvel villain. It was the complete opposite the way Marvel handles their villains. Because let's face it, a lot of times, Marvel fails with their villains. People will hate me for saying this, but even Thanos could get a bit one dimensional and boring. I am happy for once they broke away from their usual ending and gave us time with Kang. So I found myself enjoying all the banter and found Majors funny, with that hint of how evil he could be lurking underneath. The one thing I wish is that Marvel's villains had more depth. So I found Majors/Kang scene was a great moment and he was so not what you were expecting. I think it also helped set up the stakes at play and how Kang is a hell of a lot more powerful than Thanos.

allegate
07-15-2021, 10:08 AM

well, technically that wasn't the Kang that will be in the Ant-man movie. He even says that he's the 'nice' one and that the other Varients are the ones who started the whole let's conquer everything war.

Jonathan Majors (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Majors) as Kang the Conqueror (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang_the_Conqueror_(Marvel_Cinematic_Universe)):
A "time-traveling, multiversal adversary" who is a villainous variant of He Who Remains (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He_Who_Remains_(Marvel_Cinematic_Universe)), the creator of the Time Variance Authority (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Variance_Authority_(Marvel_Cinematic_Universe )) (TVA) in an alternate timeline. Kang was described by Loki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loki_(TV_series)) (2021) head writer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_writer) Michael Waldron (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Waldron) as "the next big cross-movie villain".[4] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant-Man_and_the_Wasp:_Quantumania#cite_note-DisneyInvestorDay-4)[5] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant-Man_and_the_Wasp:_Quantumania#cite_note-LokiHeWhoRemains-5)

He Who Remains (portrayed by Jonathan Majors (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Majors)) is the creator of the Time Variance Authority (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Variance_Authority_(Marvel_Cinematic_Universe )) (TVA), which he founded after a multiversal war. He resides in the Citadel at the End of Time and is ultimately killed by Sylvie. He makes his first appearance in Loki, and is based on Immortus (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortus) and He Who Remains (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He_Who_Remains) from the Marvel Comics. A variant of him, Kang the Conqueror (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang_the_Conqueror_(Marvel_Cinematic_Universe)), will serve as the main antagonist of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.

Kind of confused by the opening with everyone speaking. I mean I get what they were trying to do but it didn't seem cohesive, especially with all of the rando real people quotes as well.

MrLobster
07-16-2021, 06:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibbjg_rOQU8

allegate
07-16-2021, 11:13 AM
Kind of confused by the opening with everyone speaking. I mean I get what they were trying to do but it didn't seem cohesive, especially with all of the rando real people quotes as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmOCC-9tFVc

great breakdown of those quotes and what it might mean going forward for the MCU.

It's a silly thing but it's also pretty cool to see and appreciate how much care is going into the MCU vs. say the Dark Universe (https://dark-universe-universal-monsters.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Universe)* or Alien Vs. Predator or the MonsterVerse.**

*"The Dark Universe is a series of monster films that are being developed and distributed by Universal Pictures. The Dark Universe serves as rebooted versions of past monster films that take place in a shared universe."

...are is doing a lot of work there.

**I'm not going after the low-hanging fruit attack of the DCU, at least they're trying.

EDIT: I really thought we were going to get King Loki at the end because Kang was too obvious. I mean, the recap even pulls the quote from Mobius of "you're not a king, Loki". I thought that combined with the Kid Loki quote of
Classic Loki: "We cannot change. We're broken, every version of us. Forever."
Kid Loki: "And whenever one of us dares try to fix themselves, they are sent here to die!"
would lead to King Loki because who else would want to prune so many ambitious Loki's?

Further, why introduce not only a character you've never seen before but also the prime baddie in the last episode? But then they didn't introduce the prime baddie, they introduced a variant of him. Anyway, thought that was wild because those same arguments were brought up in WandaVision with who the bad guy might be and then it was wrong but this time the same thing happened and it was right.

Haysey_Draws
07-16-2021, 11:25 AM
I really enjoyed the Loki finale, i felt Kang (are we calling him Kang yet?) was played fantastically, and it not just boiling into a big ol ight scene was a good idea. Very much looking forward to S2 and What If...

Haysey_Draws
07-16-2021, 11:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmOCC-9tFVc

great breakdown of those quotes and what it might mean going forward for the MCU.

It's a silly thing but it's also pretty cool to see and appreciate how much care is going into the MCU vs. say the Dark Universe (https://dark-universe-universal-monsters.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Universe)* or Alien Vs. Predator or the MonsterVerse.**

*"The Dark Universe is a series of monster films that are being developed and distributed by Universal Pictures. The Dark Universe serves as rebooted versions of past monster films that take place in a shared universe."

...are is doing a lot of work there.

**I'm not going after the low-hanging fruit attack of the DCU, at least they're trying.

EDIT: I really thought we were going to get King Loki at the end because Kang was too obvious. I mean, the recap even pulls the quote from Mobius of "you're not a king, Loki". I thought that combined with the Kid Loki quote of
would lead to King Loki because who else would want to prune so many ambitious Loki's?

Further, why introduce not only a character you've never seen before but also the prime baddie in the last episode? But then they didn't introduce the prime baddie, they introduced a variant of him. Anyway, thought that was wild because those same arguments were brought up in WandaVision with who the bad guy might be and then it was wrong but this time the same thing happened and it was right.

Hey, i thought the Monster verse was doing quite well...at least i thought it was good, but i'm a big Godzilla fan so i'm probably a little biased

dlb
07-18-2021, 07:59 AM
Gotta agree with that Free Bacon review although the undertone felt disgusting to read, but he has some good points about being exhausted and that this movie is pretty much shoehorned in to give Johansson one last goodbye for the character and to tie into upcoming shows. I'm really looking forward to see Florence Pugh in the future and I enjoyed the soundtrack alot, I even tought that Taskmaster was really menacing and the fight scenes rocked. But overall this was one of the least enjoyable Marvel movies for me alongside Thor 1-2, Ant-Man 1-2 and Iron Man 2-3.

And I totally forgot how much I dislike Ray Winstone. :D

MrLobster
07-22-2021, 11:09 AM
Finally (!!!) finished up re-watching all of the Marvel Netflix shows and I still, overall, like them.

Still really dislike sanctimonious Trish.

I do wish that Mary Walker (Iron Fist S2) would evolve into Typhoid Mary (pure speculation).

allegate
07-27-2021, 11:22 AM
https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1420021698007547912

OMG there's a Throg.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1420403294254604289

allegate
07-28-2021, 11:32 AM
https://twitter.com/shangchi/status/1420398640368062471

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1417329129704202249

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6te2McVoAQEWho?format=jpg&name=large

october_midnight
07-29-2021, 12:45 PM
Yikes.

Scarlett Johansson is suing Disney over the Black Widow release. (https://www.wsj.com/articles/scarlett-johansson-sues-disney-over-black-widow-streaming-release-11627579278?st=b43fty44c1jljjq&reflink=desktopwebshare_twitter)

Wretchedest
07-29-2021, 04:14 PM
What a depressing footnote. Is it just me or is this Greedy on ScarJo's part?

allegate
07-29-2021, 05:00 PM
https://twitter.com/darnthatdave/status/1420860782410145795

otnavuskire
07-29-2021, 05:20 PM
What a depressing footnote. Is it just me or is this Greedy on ScarJo's part?

It's not. She's got a contract, she feels that contract was breached. She wants what she's entitled to. If an actor ever breaches their contract, the studios sue the shit out of them. What goes around comes around.

october_midnight
08-02-2021, 09:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FmWuCgJmxo&feature=emb_title

allegate
08-02-2021, 10:49 AM
watched a spoiler video and saw this:There's an actor who plays a character called Mulligan: Stephen Graham as Mulligan: A detective hoping to use Brock to find the remains of Kasady's murder victims. Combine that with: The first host of the Toxin symbiote is former NYPD police officer Patrick Mulligan. and you end up with the third movie being about Toxin.

Is that even a popular enough character to warrant that?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-02-2021, 12:15 PM
watched a spoiler video and saw this:There's an actor who plays a character called Mulligan: Stephen Graham as Mulligan: A detective hoping to use Brock to find the remains of Kasady's murder victims. Combine that with: The first host of the Toxin symbiote is former NYPD police officer Patrick Mulligan. and you end up with the third movie being about Toxin.

Is that even a popular enough character to warrant that?

Him being arguably the strongest out of the two may warrant it. I mean... We are getting a Morbius movie lol...

allegate
08-02-2021, 12:16 PM
I was looking at the release date for that and it's in January now. That's usually a dumping ground for movies but after Covid who knows.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-02-2021, 12:22 PM
I was looking at the release date for that and it's in January now. That's usually a dumping ground for movies but after Covid who knows.

End of January too... I'm still intrigued by it though. The trailer I thought was pretty good, and really wondering how, or if it will fit in with everything else.

allegate
08-02-2021, 12:51 PM
the idea of blood that's in Carnage might feed (no pun intended!) directly into Morbius so that's intriguing. Cassidy bites Eddie so you wonder, right?

dlb
08-05-2021, 07:20 PM
I'm afraid I don't like the humor and they seem to have ramped it up a notch from the first movie, but Venom and Carnage... they just nailed their looks! Carnage looks amazing! Hope the movie is a little darker than the trailers. I just think they could go so much deeper with the body-horror, like Cronenberg level.

neorev
08-05-2021, 08:23 PM
I'm afraid I don't like the humor and they seem to have ramped it up a notch from the first movie, but Venom and Carnage... they just nailed their looks! Carnage looks amazing! Hope the movie is a little darker than the trailers. I just think they could go so much deeper with the body-horror, like Cronenberg level.

Yeah, I didn't like the humor in the trailer as well. The jokes just did not land for me.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-09-2021, 08:33 PM
Well, Morbius just got a hellava lot more interesting if this is indeed true. (https://www.ign.com/articles/morbius-director-jared-leto-tom-hardy-marvel-sony?utm_source=instagram)

MrLobster
08-11-2021, 06:53 PM
Watched the first "What If..." episode... I like the Marvel Knights stuff more but I'm curious about the stories.

Haysey_Draws
08-12-2021, 02:26 AM
The What If... is defiantly up my street, enjoyed what they are trying to do, i'm just not sure i'm sold on the 3D animation. The actions scenes look bloody great, but the rest feels stiff. I dunno, i'm just generally not that keen on 3D over 2D (i'm an animation snob) BUT that didn't stop my loving RWBY, but then that was a passion project from a then small YouTube channel, this is from a multi BILLION dollar media company...i'm nit picking here, the story looking real good at least, and people are already thirsting over Captain Carter online.
Also that was shuma-gorath right? i don't know any other tentacle monsters in Marvel lore

october_midnight
08-13-2021, 12:10 PM
https://twitter.com/MarvelNewsHub/status/1426203853268168705

neorev
08-18-2021, 03:55 PM
I was sadly disappointed with the first episode of What If...? I was enjoying the first few minutes, but then found myself getting bored as it went along. I'm not really feeling the animation, which doesn't help. It just didn't work for me.

MrLobster
08-19-2021, 05:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_me3xsvDgk

Not like I wasn't going to watch it but not I actually want​ to see it.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-19-2021, 08:58 AM
I think it looks awesome. It has this calm dread feeling to it, but a lot of the shots here look gorgeous.

MrLobster
08-19-2021, 10:00 AM
Watched the second What If... episode; so much better than the first (didn't feel as forced in the plot points or references).

vague spoiler: Ch-ch-ch-chia!

allegate
08-19-2021, 11:27 AM
The 'watch Angelina slide around like she's got wheels on her knees' part was really disconcerting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bYhhvI5d6k
Watched the second What If... episode; so much better than the first (didn't feel as forced in the plot points or references).

vague spoiler: Ch-ch-ch-chia!
yeah, there was a definite "hey remember this scene watch how it's different" that was more subtle in the second episode. Like instead of putting the gravity well on the ground, he just holds onto it. And instead of attracting people to it, the energy explodes out.

bobbie solo
08-20-2021, 02:09 AM
I loved the first episode of What If, especially the animation style. ::shrugs::

allegate
08-20-2021, 10:37 AM
watched the Eternals trailer last night and my wife says, "He's got an accent?" when Richard Madden started talking. They showed him again shooting the eyeball lazers and she's like "what the hell is this? when did Bucky get all this?" and I had to explain that it was not Sebastian Stan but someone else entirely.

side note: someone who's been around for thousands of years would lose their accent eventually. but since they appears to simulacrums anyway maybe that doesn't matter.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-23-2021, 08:42 AM
Spiderman trailer apparently leaked with unfinished effects off of someone's phone? The way stuff gets out these days if this is indeed real makes me chuckle sometimes.

allegate
08-23-2021, 09:35 AM
there are productions shots running around as well of everyone that was rumored to be in the film so I suppose we're getting a trailer this week. Or maybe next week with Shang-Chi?

Haysey_Draws
08-23-2021, 09:51 AM
It's funny how we almost never get this stuff with Disney, but Sony...like they couldn't keep an unfinished trailer under wraps!

allegate
08-23-2021, 10:55 AM
https://twitter.com/DexertoMarvel/status/1429682765625126912

That's hilarious because the trailer is being shown today, the question is whether it is released to the internet or just the Sony event.

Jord
08-23-2021, 11:19 AM
Fingers crossed it comes either today or this week - I buckled and watched the leak and read the supposed act 1 plot that's leaked.

The hype is real.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-23-2021, 11:31 AM
Tom Holland also posting very convenient hype posts on his insta as usual lol...

allegate
08-23-2021, 12:01 PM
I didn't want to see the images but what appears to be fully effects-on Electro was in a tweet. I am not sure if that is actual or a fan render though.

edit: fan render! apparently someone took footage from Suicide Squad Incubus and put Jaime Foxx's Electro face on it. whew, it looked so horrible I was worried.

edit edit: oh my word.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-23-2021, 08:45 PM
Spidey trailer!

https://youtu.be/rt-2cxAiPJk

marodi
08-23-2021, 10:13 PM
What the heck is wrong with Strange? Something's not right with him.

Oh and hi other Doc!

Haysey_Draws
08-24-2021, 02:52 AM
What the heck is wrong with Strange? Something's not right with him.

Oh and hi other Doc!

Absolutely, maybe he is someone else...maybe he is who it was in the comics that did this...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok maybe not.

Haysey_Draws
08-24-2021, 03:17 AM
Someone noticed something, the place where Strange (?) is casting the spell...that's Kangs Palace.

And strange is acting...very un-strange like! Theory hat on, could it be a variant of Kang here to mess the timelines to start Secret Wars? Loki acting as Strange? Or could we actually be getting...no, no we're not getting that one...no...

imail724
08-24-2021, 08:11 AM
Maybe I just haven't been following along, but those cameos were completely unexpected for me. Are we expecting Tobey MacGuire and Andrew Garfield to appear in this as well, a la Into The Spider-Verse?

Jord
08-24-2021, 08:12 AM
Maybe I just haven't been following along, but those cameos were completely unexpected for me. Are we expecting Tobey MacGuire and Andrew Garfield to appear in this as well, a la Into The Spider-Verse?

Yes, images of them have been leaked - word is they will be in the second trailer.

This is an interesting trailer full of things to speculate on, however I really want to know what's going on with Strange, it's not like him to have such a cavalier attitude towards such a potentially fatal spell. Also wondering how close this lines up with the ending of Wandavision where Wanda was seemingly searching the Multiverse, and the part in Loki where Sylvie triggers the Multiverse, as that seems to be the huge thing of Phase 4.

allegate
08-24-2021, 10:22 AM
Someone noticed something, the place where Strange (?) is casting the spell...that's Kangs Palace.

And strange is acting...very un-strange like! Theory hat on, could it be a variant of Kang here to mess the timelines to start Secret Wars? Loki acting as Strange? Or could we actually be getting...no, no we're not getting that one...no...
Remember in Loki how the palace looked like it was put back together via kintsugi?

I don't think that's it but it would be a cool detail.

edit:
Absolutely, maybe he is someone else...maybe he is who it was in the comics that did this...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok maybe not.thinking about this some more and yeah it's a weird take on Strange that doesn't jibe with the other appearances but then maybe I'm just looking too hard.

marodi
08-24-2021, 04:16 PM
There's no way in hell that is our Doctor Strange in that snow filled Sanctum. Side note, I'll refer to original time line character as Prime because all those variants and what nots are confusing.

The clothes, the hair, the attitude? All of it is anti Strange Prime. Prime was going to let Peter and Tony die instead of surrendering the Time Stone and only did so when he knew it was the only way they were going to win. And he refused to tell anyone what he had seen in fear it would change things? That same man is going to cast a dangerous spell to change the whole world? Bitch, please.

And while he's casting the spell, he is wearing the Eye of Agamotto amulet. Isn't it useless without the Time Stone? Maybe he just like the bling?

That thing that looks like Strange is either a variant or it's M... another person.

And about the timeline: WandaVision takes place after Endgames, right? But Loki starts in 2012, after the Battle of NY. But the TVA being "outside of time", we don't really know when on the timeline Sylvie killed the Kang variant. Does it affect No Way Home or is Spidey 3 yet another "missing with the Multiverse" that will culminate in The Multiverse of Madness?

Man is Wong going to be pissed.

So many questions!

Haysey_Draws
08-25-2021, 03:21 AM
100% do not feel that is our Strange. In every appearance (well 4 we have had) he has been collected and claim but with a slight attitude towards everyone, but above all else he his number 1 priority has been to keep things in check. For him to just be all "hey you helped save the world, let me mess with the very thing i know not to mess with" that is so out of character for him, and his attitude is so cavalier and playful, that's not our Strange!

Haysey_Draws
08-25-2021, 05:47 AM
Some real interesting ideas here...

https://youtu.be/Unf3RYubhMw

Probably don't watch if you want to be surprised, Bob tends to be right on the money with this stuff.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-25-2021, 09:58 AM
Is it just me, or the more I watch this trailer, the more and more less interested I am about it. When I first saw the trailer before sharing, I was like "..... Eh." It didn't hit me like it is with others and Spiderman is my all time favorite hero lol.

allegate
08-25-2021, 10:04 AM
ok that was interesting but the skips/cuts mid sentence were a bit much.