PDA

View Full Version : Question about NIN after-show

Copy of A
08-17-2013, 12:18 PM
I know it's probably a long shot, but I've never been to a NIN show and was curious as to if Trent ever hangs around after the show in any way where one could conceivably get an autograph. Or perhaps he'll hang around some local clubs or something of the sort. Like I said, long shot, but has anyone ever had any luck similar to the described situations?

binaryhermit
08-17-2013, 12:20 PM
I somehow doubt he'd hang out in a club after a show, what being a recovering alcoholic with 2 young kids.

Copy of A
08-17-2013, 12:22 PM
I somehow doubt he'd hang out in a club after a show, what being a recovering alcoholic with 2 young kids.Likely, which is one reason why I said 'longshot'

Kamelion
08-17-2013, 12:49 PM
After my first NIN gig in Amsterdam in 2007, Trent and the band went to a local bar that catered to the alternative scene. So it happens.

theimage13
08-17-2013, 03:42 PM
My guess would be "no". Anything's possible, I suppose. But I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything.

Kyle
08-20-2013, 03:34 AM
After the HTDA show at the Apollo in Harlem, I said goodbye to my friends and then walked back to my car which was behind the venue. Right next to that parking lot, I see a (small) crowd of people gathering around an idling bus. So I figured "what the hell" and I decided to wait with the crowd. Trent and Mariqueen eventually came out of the backdoor and just walked straight to the bus and didn't stop and talk or even wave to anyone. I was kinda upset at the time (since as I said it was a pretty small crowd) but got over it pretty quickly when I realized that I had no idea what else was going on for him and I could give him the benefit of the doubt since he generally seems to be pretty cool to his fans. For all I know, maybe he really had to poop. I would still do it over again though for two reasons. 1. While waiting, the HTDA tour bus driver poked his head out and asked to take a picture of me because he thought my shirt was funny. That was kinda cool. 2. The one security guard out there was pretty cool. If you're familiar with the Apollo at all, you can guess that HTDA was very different than the usual fare that is played there (it predominantly features African-American artists. I took a quick glance at the back wall which listed everyone that's been there and the only two white people I recognized were Paul McCartney and Bill Clinton), so I was kinda curious what the employees thought of the music. This guard asked the people who were waiting "are these people famous? I've never heard of him." I asked him if he's heard of Nine Inch Nails and he said "No, I'm from... (I forget what he said. I think Morocco, but I could be wrong. He had an accent, but I'm terrible at placing accents). I've heard of Stevie Wonder. I've never heard of Nine Inch Nails." So somebody else yells out "Have you heard the song that goes "I want to fuck you like an animal?"" The guy starting laughing and said "no, my mother was very conservative. She would never let us listen to that. "I want to fuck you like an animal?" I'm going to look that up on YouTube when I get home and play it for my wife." There was something about the way he said it with his mannerisms and accent that made it really funny. They rotated security a few times and the other people were boring and just stood there, but that guy was cool and friendly and funny. In case you're wondering what he thought of the band, when we told him why we asked if he heard of NIN and that it's most of the same people but with his wife singing, he said "that was his wife? She has a very good voice, I liked her singing," but he didn't say anything about the rest of the music so I'm thinking it wasn't quite his thing.

That was a very long-winded answer.