PDA

View Full Version : 2013.09.03 - Los Angeles, CA Secret KROQ show at the Troubadour

Torgo
08-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Secret NIN Show in LA at the Troubadour. You can only win tickets to it through KROQ. (http://kroq.cbslocal.com/enter-to-win-tickets-to-see-nine-inch-nails-at-the-troubadour/)

Toadflax
08-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Already entered. Also, holy shit. I'll have to check, but I've been to the Troubadour- this may be the smallest venue yet.

FULLMETAL
08-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Well, I'll be coming back from a Labor Day weekend holiday... so I can easily divert my flight home. Of course, I'm outside of KROQ's demo so it's doubtful I'll win any tickets.

Toadflax
08-26-2013, 10:06 AM
THIS is how close you get at the Troubadour:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s292/brianbitner/100_0274.jpg

m0reta
08-26-2013, 10:27 AM
The Promotion is open to all persons who are 18 years of age or older and who legally reside in the State of California.

Drat! :mad:

Krazy
08-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Drat! :mad:

Shit, didn't see that at first.

Knowing my luck I actually wouldve won tickets- I've got a flight to Florida on the 3rd for work.

JessicaSarahS
08-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Entered. I never win radio show tickets, but it's worth a shot. :(

heavenly_bearded
08-26-2013, 11:16 AM
I entered as well. Also, I make a great +1 if anyone wins but has no one to go with :D

Toadflax
08-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Yup, the Troubadour's capacity is listed at 300-400 people. For context, the Echoplex is 700, and Scala is over 1,100.

I hope we all win.

JessicaSarahS
08-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Yup, the Troubadour's capacity is listed at 300-400 people. For context, the Echoplex is 700, and Scala is over 1,100.

I hope we all win.

OMG, yes. Everyone in this thread only. ;)

ManBurning
08-26-2013, 11:40 AM
I was going to enter, but the official rules state you need to be a resident of the state of California so..... blah!

Just so happens i'm on vacation then too. Not going anywhere. Will be staying at home, so my schedule is totally open to hop a plane down to LA, lol.

heavenly_bearded
08-26-2013, 11:42 AM
I was going to enter, but the official rules state you need to be a resident of the state of California so..... blah!

Just so happens i'm on vacation then too. Not going anywhere. Will be staying at home, so my schedule is totally open to hop a plane down to LA, lol.

I am in Minnesota and it let me enter. Not sure if they will sift out all of the non-CA residents before doing the drawing.

TheRealNs1
08-26-2013, 11:52 AM
setting my phone to remind me to listen to KROQ every hour on the hour..

RINGFINGER
08-26-2013, 11:56 AM
This is great news but the reality is that this show will consist of mainly industry guest list morons who are not fans of this band. I need to get into this gig ...there has to be a way!!

suprefan
08-26-2013, 12:17 PM

I hope we all win.

Technically about 700. But theyve had it around 500 for most of the time. Also, I dont think they sold even that many tickets for that show anyway.

I am in Minnesota and it let me enter. Not sure if they will sift out all of the non-CA residents before doing the drawing.

It asks for your street address, doesnt it? thats how theyre gonna figure it out.

heavenly_bearded
08-26-2013, 12:34 PM
It asks for your street address, doesnt it? thats how theyre gonna figure it out.

Thanks for answering a question that I didn't ask.

http://streema.com/radios/KROQ

For anyone who wants to stream KROQ.

EDIT: They just said HLAH is next after commercials. I can imagine they will give away at the time of playing?

dunebug81
08-26-2013, 01:09 PM
I entered as well. I doubt ill win but I'm prepared to pay several hundred dollars for a ticket so if anyone has an extra pm me. Ill make it worth your while.

fragility3.1
08-26-2013, 01:15 PM
I too entered this contest but I am willing to pay big $$$ to anyone that ends up with an extra ticket, so pm me as well.

Krazy
08-26-2013, 01:18 PM
It's on nin.coms tour page. I seriously hope this small show doesn't consist of only KROQ winners. I'm guessing they'll at least have another Twitter contest.

virushopper
08-26-2013, 01:43 PM
I never win these things but sure what the hell!

suprefan
08-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Thanks for answering a question that I didn't ask.

http://streema.com/radios/KROQ

For anyone who wants to stream KROQ.

EDIT: They just said HLAH is next after commercials. I can imagine they will give away at the time of playing?

Stream is on a 5 minute delay, good luck with that.

TheRealNs1
08-26-2013, 01:49 PM

can someone tell me if that also applies to the stream on kroq's webpage?

http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/kroq

fragility3.1
08-26-2013, 01:50 PM
can someone tell me if that also applies to the stream on kroq's webpage?

http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/kroq

Does this also apply to the phone app? My work blocks all streaming services, guess I'm SOL if the app lags too.

heavenly_bearded
08-26-2013, 01:55 PM

That is funny, I was just chatting with Peedro Paula, who will let me use her info if I win. She was listening at the same time I was on the stream and were both calling at the same time. 10 seconds maybe. Not 5 minutes.

TheRealNs1
08-26-2013, 01:57 PM
That is funny, I was just chatting with Peedro Paula, who will let me use her info if I win. She was listening at the same time I was on the stream and were both calling at the same time. 10 seconds maybe. Not 5 minutes.

that's comforting. i was about to go my parent's house and "borrow" my old am/fm radio.

heavenly_bearded
08-26-2013, 02:39 PM
It is different to hear Everything on the radio. Not off topic, only reason I am listening to this crappy station is to win these tickets.

cynicmuse
08-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Oops. I should have read the fine print before I registered. While I live in the LA area, I don't legally reside in CA. Guess I saved myself a week of listening to KROQ. If someone has an extra ticket, I'll take it.

sore_and_crucified
08-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Why make this CA only yet make the London UK gig open to anyone? Things like this baffle me. Good luck to everyone who enters!

heavenly_bearded
08-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Reading the rules again. You have to be part of KROQ's streetteam to win on the website.

howdidislipinto
08-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Fingers crossed so hard. And I misread and thought you had to just call on the hour. Lady on the phone wasn't amused.

heavenly_bearded
08-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Fingers crossed so hard. And I misread and thought you had to just call on the hour. Lady on the phone wasn't amused.

Indeed. She is a bitch. Unwilling to help give any info at all. Tried to ask a few questions and she hung up.

TheRealNs1
08-26-2013, 03:15 PM
i've never hated the busy signal so much before.

heavenly_bearded
08-26-2013, 03:18 PM
i've never hated the busy signal so much before.

It is reassuring knowing I am not the only one :)

These winners are not even getting excited that they win. I get on that line and you will hear screaming and swearing. Not just "oh, cool". Fucking assholes.

howdidislipinto
08-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Got through too late (of course), but she was nice this time. Guess I gotta check in with this awful station every hour...

Toadflax
08-26-2013, 04:19 PM
You know what's awesome? Having to listen to KROQ on the day Hesitation Marks leaks.

fragility3.1
08-26-2013, 04:24 PM
You know what's awesome? Having to listen to KROQ on the day Hesitation Marks leaks.

I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in over two years and it's grinding me so much to listen to it all day. I better win this afternoon because I don't know if my brain can take this for four more days.

icklekitty
08-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Good luck, LA!!

wakeupjon
08-26-2013, 05:51 PM
When KROQ did the same for Depeche Mode, there was ABSOLUTELY NO WAY INTO THE SHOW. Me and my girlfriend, along with about 50-100 other people waited outside for about 5 hours in hopes of getting in. They said 'maybe if it doesn't reach capacity' - But it did. We left once Depeche Mode's 3rd song played with not a single hint of it working out for us. They only played about 6 songs.

As for NIN, they'll probably play more. But maybe not? They only did 3 songs for that special Year Zero secret show right? But then again, they did a full set at the Echoplex.

Long story short, it's almost impossible to win tickets, and even more impossible to sneak in, or wait in line in hopes to get in.

But with that said, I will gladly do whatever it takes to get in... I fly back in from Utah that night so I'd probably just go straight to the venue and ask a friend to take my luggage home.

Likewise, if anyone gets a plus one, or plus two, please let me know... I will somehow make it worth your while :) During the last four shows (last time around) I let some good folks stay at my apartment in return for their plus one / plus two.

Unfortunately I don't my laminates from shows past will work on this show... Neither will wristbands... They were really strict with Depeche Mode. Normally I can sweet talk or sneak into any show, but not for Depeche Mode at Troubadour. No sir.

howdidislipinto
08-26-2013, 06:21 PM
Just want to throw this out there: if anyone does manage to win and can offer me their guest ticket, they can be my guest at the Saturday Vegas Tension show -- presale floor tix, early entrance, etc.

cynicmuse
08-26-2013, 06:30 PM
As for NIN, they'll probably play more. But maybe not? They only did 3 songs for that special Year Zero secret show right? But then again, they did a full set at the Echoplex.
They played 6 songs at the OSR show before the riot police hauled us out of there. However, the setlist included WITT and Last, which are both rare songs, WITT more than Last. I'm betting that the set list is more along the lines of the Scala show.

howdidislipinto
08-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Didn't occur to me that this would be a "mini" show. I suppose that makes sense. I feel bad for Trent having to shill for KROQ in the promo they keep playing, haha. The cost of the awesome promotional blitz he got from his shiny, new label.

Krazy
08-26-2013, 06:46 PM
I am in Minnesota

Ha! I always thought you were in Green Bay, with the "frozen tundra" avatar location.

Fuck do I hate the Packers.

dunebug81
08-26-2013, 09:45 PM
I should also add that I'll tape this show for everyone to enjoy assuming it wont be broadcast on KROQ.

TheBang
08-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Reading the rules again. You have to be part of KROQ's streetteam to win on the website.
That's only for the other contests. You don't need to be a Street Team member for the NIN giveaway.

That said, according to the rules, they're only giving away 1 pair of tickets via the web entry form. lol

For the call-in giveaways, they're giving away 65 pairs.

And that's it. I guess the rest of the tickets are reserved for other uses/promotions.

jessamineny
08-26-2013, 09:54 PM
You still have to be a California resident, though. :(

howdidislipinto
08-27-2013, 12:40 AM
That's only for the other contests. You don't need to be a Street Team member for the NIN giveaway.

That said, according to the rules, they're only giving away 1 pair of tickets via the web entry form. lol

For the call-in giveaways, they're giving away 65 pairs.

And that's it. I guess the rest of the tickets are reserved for other uses/promotions.

Jeez, what a bunch of fuckery. ONE PAIR on the webform? Glad to hear so soon that it's not worth getting hopes up. That said, I'll still try and check in with the dumb station every hour while at work. Maybe.

Edit: I kind of hope just on principle that it IS a portion of a show, ha.

JessicaSarahS
08-27-2013, 12:45 AM
Didn't occur to me that this would be a "mini" show.

I hope it's not a mini show. :( Unless I don't win tickets, then I hope they only play 5 older hits and call it a night. :p

JessicaSarahS
08-27-2013, 02:33 AM
Wait, since this show is on release day, maybe they'll play all new stuff!

LenaMHJBKZ2
08-27-2013, 03:44 AM
Got my entry in. Luckily, I took some days off that week for no reason 2 months ago. ::Crossing fingers::

icklekitty
08-27-2013, 06:33 AM
You still have to be a California resident, though. :(

I quite like that, actually.

MikeDigs
08-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Got my entry in. Luckily, I have a took some days off that week for no reason 2 months ago. ::Crossing fingers:: Same here! I just took 09/03 off from work just to extend labor day weekend. I really hope we win.

TheRealNs1
08-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Tested tunein app yesterday, about 30s-1minute behind live radio.

Anyone know how far off the website is from live radio?

I programmed KROQ into my office phone ^_^

Yoshata
08-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Entered with the online form. Didn't realize it was only one pair of tickets for that, as opposed to sixty-five for listening and calling. Ah well, at least I entered. I don't really feel like listening to the station all week anyway, but I hope you guys all win who are putting in the time. :)

TheRealNs1
08-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Entered with the online form. Didn't realize it was only one pair of tickets for that, as opposed to sixty-five for listening and calling. Ah well, at least I entered. I don't really feel like listening to the station all week anyway, but I hope you guys all win who are putting in the time. :)

*:01 - *:16 of every hour...

fragility3.1
08-27-2013, 02:04 PM
*:01 - *:16 of every hour...

That's not true. Though those times held true for most of the day yesterday, last night the 5 o'clock hour was closer to 0:30 and the 8 o'clock hour was near 0:45.

xolotl
08-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Some enterprising soul should hook up an FM radio to a speech-to-text engine, which is in turn hooked into a password-protected ETS-member-only IRC channel which y'all could then watch for keywords. Totally worth it!

TheRealNs1
08-27-2013, 02:08 PM
That's not true. Though those times held true for most of the day yesterday, last night the 5 o'clock hour was closer to 0:30 and the 8 o'clock hour was near 0:45.

thanks for the info ;)

GOD I hate radio contests so much. Got 4 minutes worth of busy signals then a "sorry too late". But hey, at least I got through this time.

//edit

I think I would have had better luck trying to get Scala tickets.

Bunnays
08-27-2013, 06:46 PM
It is reassuring knowing I am not the only one :)

These winners are not even getting excited that they win. I get on that line and you will hear screaming and swearing. Not just "oh, cool". Fucking assholes.

You guys are hearing the winners getting selected via the radio??????!

Does anyone know if you do make caller #9 that you'll speak to somebody or not??

I'm not sure if all winners won't be informed that they won or not until friday. I'm under the impression that they're calling all winners after pm on friday after the contest ends.

toluene
08-27-2013, 06:46 PM
It's seriously impossible to win. I tried all day yesterday and when I finally got through I was caller two LAME. I might just give up.

Bunnays
08-27-2013, 06:55 PM
guys the online stream is at least a minute behind.

Bunnays
08-27-2013, 06:56 PM
It's seriously impossible to win. I tried all day yesterday and when I finally got through I was caller two LAME. I might just give up.

yeah i don't know if me having KROQ on speed dial is helping or hurting me..........

Bunnays
08-27-2013, 07:19 PM
also, it seems to be more like 20 > mins past the hour instead of on the hour.

for example like

5:20 >
6:20 >
7:20 >

etc.

fragility3.1
08-27-2013, 07:32 PM
It was about 0:12 after the hour up until 5 o'clock. The current DJ did this last night, held back the 5 o'clock hour until after 5:30.

TheRealNs1
08-27-2013, 07:34 PM
guys the online stream is at least a minute behind.

As soon as I hear the contest soundclip start, I start dialing in.

It was about 0:12 after the hour up until 5 o'clock. The current DJ did this last night, held back the 5 o'clock hour until after 5:30.

thanks for the heads up, based on this post I started listening in again and didn't miss out on the 5 o clock contest

Bunnays
08-27-2013, 08:38 PM
has anyone come across posts from winners???? i can't tell if it's a good idea to call the instant it says too or not!!!!!!!!

fragility3.1
08-27-2013, 08:40 PM
That's what I've been trying to determine. I know from long ago experience, that they used to not open the phone lines until the clip completed, but I'm unaware of the current practice.

Bunnays
08-27-2013, 08:46 PM
IT'S SO UNPREDICTABLE, i'm also struggling with if i should just show up to the Troubadour on the night of or not to try and score a +1 from somebody, anybody have any anecdotes for me???

TheRealNs1
08-27-2013, 08:49 PM
IT'S SO UNPREDICTABLE, i'm also struggling with if i should just show up to the Troubadour on the night of or not to try and score a +1 from somebody, anybody have any anecdotes for me???

Depeche Mode did the same thing a few weeks ago. Some poster said they went, waited 5 hours, then left 3 songs in cuz security were clearly not going to let anyone else in, even though the place was not @ capacity.

Some guys on the Scala thread managed to score tickets by going to the venue the day of and buying someone's +1

I got tix for the Fonda Wave Goodbye show by scouring nin forums the day of

YMMV

binaryhermit
08-27-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm thinking there'll be a full performance of Hesitation Marks because that's the thing to do on release day for a new album.

TheRealNs1
08-27-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm thinking there'll be a full performance of Hesitation Marks because that's the thing to do on release day for a new album.

He should play "Starfuckers" then do an encore of "Pinion" then gtfo. That would be epic.

binaryhermit
08-27-2013, 08:56 PM
That would be epic.
More like epic fail, IMO. Way too short.

toluene
08-27-2013, 09:30 PM
has anyone come across posts from winners???? i can't tell if it's a good idea to call the instant it says too or not!!!!!!!!
I tried calling as soon as the clip started and got a busy signal. I figured I didn't get through since I didn't wait for the "call now" , so next hour I waited called as soon as I heard "call now" and busy signal again. Like you said it's just so unpredictable!!!

TheRealNs1
08-27-2013, 10:19 PM
I tried calling as soon as the clip started and got a busy signal. I figured I didn't get through since I didn't wait for the "call now" , so next hour I waited called as soon as I heard "call now" and busy signal again. Like you said it's just so unpredictable!!!

On my cell I stop after 15 tries. On my work line I stop after 30 tries =X

More like epic fail, IMO. Way too short.

whoosh

Charmingly Miserable
08-27-2013, 11:13 PM
I entered. I won tix for a Spiral only show at the Key Club in Morongo, California. So, if I win the tickets, it will be my second intimate NIN show.

RINGFINGER
08-28-2013, 02:24 AM
Let's not get our panties in a bunch..This is a KROQ Promo show. No one twisted Trent's Arm to book the show.
It's going to be a shit ton of industry jerks offs and casual fans with a sprinkling of hardcore fans

The Depeche Mode/Troubadour show lasted a total of 10 songs.
I am sure the NIN gig will be similar to The Scala show in terms of the amount of songs played.

This is what happens when a huge bands plays a tiny venue (Thanks to a Mainly Industry Guest List)
Most of us are not going to get in and that's how the ball bounces,just cont your blessings if you have seen NIN Live at all.
I am going to try to find a way in there as you all are and I would like to make it since it would be my 70th NIN show since 1990.
Let's not be so upset friends....maybe they will sell a few tickets online later this week..keep hope alive !

Let's not give away too many secrets,you are lessening your shot on getting in there...jut saying!

Powhatan
08-28-2013, 12:54 PM
well said Ringfinger.

howdidislipinto
08-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Let's not give away too many secrets,you are lessening your shot on getting in there...jut saying!

Or, y'know, we could all be helpful and be happy if anyone we know gets in, the way it was going before you piped in. Thanks for the education though, bro.

EarthsLastNight
08-28-2013, 08:05 PM
I just keep striking out. Never rings, just busy signal. And the times it does ring "KROQ we have our winner call back in an hour" hang up. Sigh.

howdidislipinto
08-28-2013, 08:30 PM
I just keep striking out. Never rings, just busy signal. And the times it does ring "KROQ we have our winner call back in an hour" hang up. Sigh.

Same. Alas...

TheRealNs1
08-28-2013, 08:32 PM

if it makes you feel any better, that's farther than I get.

TheRealNs1
08-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Had my closest encounter yet...was listening to Kevin & Bean and heard the promo. Called and to my surprise made it though right when the promo ended. After about 25 rings the line disconnected on me.

On a somewhat related note, I had a conversation with my barber and she was doing the same thing during weenie roast ticket giveaway. She finally made it through one time, and was caller 19/20....she no longer listens to kroq.

sigh, this is so demoralizing.

virushopper
08-29-2013, 12:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8s49BYn.jpg http://tour.nin.com/troubadour

DWall45
08-29-2013, 12:30 PM
They are having release parties on Monday night where you can enter a raffle to win a pair of tickets.

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2013/08/29/pick-up-nine-inch-nails-new-album-at-local-record-stores-get-free-food-the-chance-to-see-them-at-the-troubadour/

Butterscotch
08-29-2013, 12:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8s49BYn.jpg http://tour.nin.com/troubadour

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

I live near Rhino. I go there all the time.

OH MY GOD.

wakeupjon
08-29-2013, 01:55 PM
I'll straight up pay people to help me get raffle tickets as I'll be out of the state on Monday but back in time for Tuesday. If anyone wants to help I'll pay like 5 or 10 per raffle ticket. Serious. email me at xonoise at gmail dot com

TheRealNs1
08-29-2013, 02:41 PM
OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

I live near Rhino. I go there all the time.

OH MY GOD.

damn it's just a raffle, or else I would have lined up at 10am FUCK.

Anyway, yeah I'll be there picking up HM.

Butterscotch
08-29-2013, 02:44 PM
damn it's just a raffle, or else I would have lined up at 10am FUCK.

Anyway, yeah I'll be there picking up HM.

It says 10pm. At least I think it does.

TheRealNs1
08-29-2013, 02:47 PM
It says 10pm. At least I think it does.

yeah i know, that's what i'm saying. if it was first come/first serve I'd be there at 10am. hell maybe even earlier.

fragility3.1
08-29-2013, 02:55 PM
I just want it to be known that if anyone wins this raffle, I will pay > $300 for a ticket. Paypal, cash, etc. PM me if you win.

Moebius
08-29-2013, 03:18 PM
I'll straight up pay people to help me get raffle tickets as I'll be out of the state on Monday but back in time for Tuesday. If anyone wants to help I'll pay like 5 or 10 per raffle ticket. Serious. email me at xonoise at gmail dot com

"limit of one entry per person"

wakeupjon
08-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Yea but currently I have _no way of getting in_ so the more people I get to help, the better odds I have. They can use my name, my girlfriends name, my moms name, or any of my friends names and I'll borrow their ID

cynicmuse
08-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Hmm. I think that I'll give in and go buy the vinyl at Amoeba Records. I also like Coolhaus.

Alvetica
08-29-2013, 09:43 PM
I got caller 8 today.

TheRealNs1
08-29-2013, 09:54 PM
I got caller 8 today.

At this point, I'm just glad someone made it through. it confirms it is indeed possible. How long was that after the promo clip ended btw?

jesus christ, I've never been to determined in my life to win a radio contest ^_^

LenaMHJBKZ2
08-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Well, it looks like I'll be making my way down to LA, Monday Night. I guess my random picking of days off have turned out to be successful. I'll be at Amoeba, see you guys there!

redshoewearer
08-29-2013, 10:24 PM
I just hope ONE person from ETS gets in so they can at least tell us about the show.

howdidislipinto
08-30-2013, 02:20 AM
I think I'll be at Amoeba! Maybe there'll be some swag to grab, at least.

(Can you tell my hopes for getting into this show have died a sad, lonely death?)

LenaMHJBKZ2
08-30-2013, 06:37 AM
I think I'll be at Amoeba! Maybe there'll be some swag to grab, at least.

(Can you tell my hopes for getting into this show have died a sad, lonely death?)

I'm in the same boat, but hey, you never know.

virushopper
08-30-2013, 10:50 AM
I might be at Amoeba just for the hell of it (and food too) but I have my doubts.

darklotus69
08-30-2013, 01:39 PM
KROQ sucks

dunebug81
08-30-2013, 02:20 PM
So I've offered an insane amount of money for a ticket And I've someone is offering to sell to me. Do we know what these tickets look like or if there are even tickets being sent out and not just a name on the will call list...I'm hoping I'm not being scammed.

virushopper
08-30-2013, 02:28 PM
So I've offered an insane amount of money for a ticket And I've someone is offering to sell to me. Do we know what these tickets look like or if there are even tickets being sent out and not just a name on the will call list...I'm hoping I'm not being scammed.

Probably a scam dude.

I'm pretty sure to get in you would have to be on a list or something.

TheRealNs1
08-30-2013, 02:38 PM

i would not trust anything but will call only.

dunebug81
08-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Living in Atlanta for the last 10 years I've come to know a few of the scalpers who are selling legit tickets and to stay away from the less scrupulous ones. This being my first show in LA I don't have that knowledge. Pretty much best to just meet at the venue day of.

If anyone wins do post on here....offering more money than I should to get into this show :)

TheRealNs1
08-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Living in Atlanta for the last 10 years I've come to know a few of the scalpers who are selling legit tickets and to stay away from the less scrupulous ones. This being my first show in LA I don't have that knowledge. Pretty much best to just meet at the venue day of.

If anyone wins do post on here....offering more money than I should to get into this show :)

I mean it's THEORETICALLY POSSIBLE that hard tickets exist, but based on everything we know about this event and the money involved...

TheRealNs1
08-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Is this contest over? I haven't heard a radio promo clip in like 2 hours. I would like to stop listening to KROQ as soon as possible...

TheBang
08-30-2013, 07:16 PM
The call-in promo ended at 11 AM PDT today.

TheRealNs1
08-30-2013, 07:50 PM
The call-in promo ended at 11 AM PDT today.

That explains much. Oh well :(

virushopper
08-30-2013, 10:16 PM
So uh with the online contest closed now, did anyone here get a phone call from KROQ?

Yoshata
08-31-2013, 01:11 AM
The Official Rules say that a random drawing for the online entries will occur on Sep. 2nd, Monday, at 10:15am PT. So, I'm guessing whoever won that pair won't get called until that day? That's the day I'll be sitting by the phone for sure.

dunebug81
09-01-2013, 02:25 AM
$500 US dollars to anyone that has an extra ticket...that's more than anyone on Craigslist is offering.

JessicaSarahS
09-01-2013, 02:51 AM
$500 US dollars to anyone that has an extra ticket...that's more than anyone on Craigslist is offering.

Doesn't it feel a bit wrong to be selling free tickets though? :(

dunebug81
09-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Doesn't it feel a bit wrong to be selling free tickets though? :(

I think you misunderstand...I am offering $500 to buy a ticket, not selling one.

JessicaSarahS
09-01-2013, 11:38 AM
I think you misunderstand...I am offering $500 to buy a ticket, not selling one.

Ok, doesn't it feel a bit wrong to pay someone $500 for a free ticket?

dunebug81
09-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Ok, doesn't it feel a bit wrong to pay someone $500 for a free ticket?

Well $500 is pretty insane but, apparently, I've got more money then good sense.

paying thousands for diamonds is insane.

TheBang
09-01-2013, 07:07 PM
dunebug has a recording rig. Someone get that man a ticket!

Krazy
09-02-2013, 12:29 AM
For those of you going to the record stores Monday night. Mind posting pics of the #nineinchnailsfoodtrucks ? Also let us know of any food poisoning you get from it. :P

http://m.spin.com/articles/nine-inch-nails-food-trucks-hesitation-marks-purchase-puns/

JessicaSarahS
09-02-2013, 02:42 AM
Well $500 is pretty insane but, apparently, I've got more money then good sense.

paying thousands for diamonds is insane.

Haha, and I agree with the last statement. I've never been a diamond girl myself. I'm more about experiences and activities than material things. ;)

Ok, someone should be paying dunebug to go! :D Doooo it!

dunebug81
09-02-2013, 02:53 AM

That is correct!

Yoshata
09-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Has a winner of the regular online entry drawing been announced? Getting anxious here!

virushopper
09-02-2013, 02:21 PM
I think I'm going to bow out tonight's event. Just the thought of waiting in line to get a raffle only to wake up the next day and not win it is kind of lame.

See ya'll at Staples!

Discobunny
09-02-2013, 06:55 PM
I was on Kevin and Bean Friday morning.
They had some dude sing NIN songs badly. You had to name the song. I got to play the game and got the answer right, which to me was a trick question.
The answer was Dead Souls. I reminded them it was a Joy Division cover.
Out of 5 people who got the answers right, only one person got tickets. Not me. Grrrrr...

The day before that I was caller 8.

I'll be out at Ameoba tonight, hope springs eternal.

I did win tix to the dress rehersal on KROQ for Lights In The Sky, so I do feel lucky that Ive experienced a unique NIN show.
But Ive never been to the Troubador! :)

On a side note, i totally thought I re-registered when ETS rebooted. Long time member since 2003. Feels good to be back.
:waves hello:

cynicmuse
09-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Good luck with the raffle. I'm out. I've got things to do tomorrow.

TheRealNs1
09-02-2013, 10:27 PM
yeah I think I'm gonna sit at home and masturbate while listening to TDS again. good luck with the raffle ya'll.

Sarah K
09-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Just a normal Tuesday.

suprefan
09-02-2013, 11:12 PM
At Rhino, kroq crew is here and playing all of Hesitation Marks while we wait to go in at 10 and buy the album.

Krazy
09-02-2013, 11:15 PM
At Rhino, kroq crew is here and playing all of Hesitation Marks while we wait to go in at 10 and buy the album.

Alot of people there? Pics? And don't forget the #nineinchnailsfoodtrucks !!!

Sarah K
09-02-2013, 11:41 PM
I hope that they have NIN themed items. For Lolla, there was a pizza place with a "March of the Pigs" pizza.

suprefan
09-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Borderline 100 now at Rhino. Glad I got here early.

toluene
09-02-2013, 11:54 PM
I hope someone from ets wins the raffle so they can report back here. I'm dying to know what's going to go down tomorrow. Good luck guys!!!

Alvetica
09-03-2013, 01:15 AM
Alot of people there? Pics? And don't forget the #nineinchnailsfoodtrucks !!!

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3816/9659171759_121bb7c819_n.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/drtran/9659171759/)
2013-09-02-2079 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/drtran/9659171759/)

howdidislipinto
09-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Went to Amoeba. There was a decent sized line (two actually, one for album and raffle, one just for raffle) and both moved really fast. There was also a KROQ van outside blasting the album. After I got my album and HM button pack I checked out the food truck, but since I actually cared more about getting a picture of whatever NIN themed menu design they might have had than the actual treat, I was disappointed to see no such thing existed. Oh well.

Fingers crossed re: the raffle.

suprefan
09-03-2013, 01:53 AM
Burger was pretty good out in Claremont. They closed up the record shop like 45 mins after they opened. Seems there was a set amount of raffle tickets. Should be interesting what happens in the morning.

Miss.Selfdestruct
09-03-2013, 02:25 AM
*fingers crossed*

http://i.imgur.com/da9x4uU.jpg

JessicaSarahS
09-03-2013, 02:49 AM
*fingers crossed*

http://i.imgur.com/da9x4uU.jpg

Good luck! Nifty little button pack.

icklekitty
09-03-2013, 06:58 AM
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3816/9659171759_121bb7c819_n.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/drtran/9659171759/)
2013-09-02-2079 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/drtran/9659171759/)

I thought that food came in a HM wrapper for a sec.

Torgo
09-03-2013, 12:03 PM
"Troubadour Raffle Winners: #144, 963, 1165, 1204, 2298, 2616, 2659, 2664, 3425, 3432, 3497, 3510, 4753, 4946, 4984, 4991 - check your email"

Scarlet Siren
09-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Jealous of each and every single one of you who are going to this.

Yeah.. I know, I've just seen NIN. But still. Jealous. Enjoy all!

darklotus69
09-03-2013, 12:44 PM
so did anyone get lucky ?

suprefan
09-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Missed it by 13. They had 4 pairs for each store. They gave out like 500 tickets at Amoeba vs maybe 100 at Rhino. Close, but not close enough.

howdidislipinto
09-03-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't have my ticket on me, but I think I missed it by 5. Didn't have my hopes up anyway, though.

XDOP
09-03-2013, 05:22 PM
i never really post on here....but...
http://jimbooks.tumblr.com/post/60189469200/i-am-winrar

http://media.tumblr.com/69a711fbd745f51c66dc0f5e50fedbfd/tumblr_inline_msk8g8Ddva1qz4rgp.png

http://media.tumblr.com/89577c3a1cc1bc6223db9353b3122acd/tumblr_inline_msk8enK2Q11qz4rgp.jpg

m0reta
09-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Congrats XDOP! Have a great time you lucky sonovagun! :-D

fragility3.1
09-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Found a pair on Craigslist for $300. Anyone want to go with?

SM Rollinger
09-03-2013, 05:35 PM
dunebug81 would i bet...

Toadflax
09-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Congrats to the winners. I brought two friends to Amoeba to triple my chances but no luck. WHO HAS AN EXTRA TICKET???!!!

Toadflax
09-03-2013, 05:39 PM

Argh, so tempting, but that's a hell of a chunk of change.

Krazy
09-03-2013, 06:17 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/69a711fbd745f51c66dc0f5e50fedbfd/tumblr_inline_msk8g8Ddva1qz4rgp.png

http://media.tumblr.com/89577c3a1cc1bc6223db9353b3122acd/tumblr_inline_msk8enK2Q11qz4rgp.jpg

Congrats dude. When you get the chance please let us know what happened in there.

If you can take pics great, but just enjoy the moment.

dunebug81
09-03-2013, 07:20 PM

You've got to be fucking kidding me! I give up all hopes and I find this....grrrrrr

I'd gladly pay you the $300 but I'm no where near LA :( have fun man.

Toadflax
09-03-2013, 07:22 PM
You've got to be fucking kidding me! I give up all hopes and I find this....grrrrrr

I'd gladly pay you the $300 but I'm no where near LA :( have fun man.

Yeah, I'm having second thoughts fragility3.1. Is this offer still good (or are you already standing in line having a blast)?

howdidislipinto
09-03-2013, 07:32 PM

Awesome! I'm glad at least one person who's even aware of the existence of ETS made it in! Have a great fucking time, and keep track of the setlist for us if you can. ;)

Miss.Selfdestruct
09-03-2013, 07:40 PM
I did not get a golden ticket. But now looking for alternative ways to make it...

Krazy
09-03-2013, 07:55 PM

OK- seriously. Is that ticket some type of clear plastic that lets light through? It honestly looks like parts of your hair/face/head made it through for some odd visual effect...

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/GoatKrazy/AAD8521B-780D-4D96-A13F-93D915717048-641-0000003E39596AE6_zps8f46d36e.jpg

fragility3.1
09-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I'm having second thoughts @fragility3.1 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2401). Is this offer still good (or are you already standing in line having a blast)?

When I told the guy I would be driving up from San Diego to pick up the tickets, he suddenly went silent. Scammers.

Kyle
09-03-2013, 09:23 PM
First off, regarding food trucks, this was at Made In America on Sunday. Unfortunately, their meat was all-beef products because if they sold anything made from a pig, I would buy it. Also, if I worked there, instead of saying "next, please," I'd yell "STEP RIGHT UP"

(and for the record, I'm pretty certain that this was not there as anything other than coincidence, or at the very least, the workers weren't aware of the connection to that night's headliner)

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/946/p2zr.jpg

2. I'm sure it's too late, but if the guy from here reads this before the show starts, please try to record at least something. Even if it's a shitty quality phone recording, if it's of a song they've never played before, we all want to hear/see it.

suprefan
09-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Waiting at The Troubadour. 20 or so here waiting to get in by showtime. Will update soon.

Toadflax
09-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Waiting at The Troubadour. 20 or so here waiting to get in by showtime. Will update soon.

I want to come try to get in, but I'm afraid it'll be for naught. Any insight based on the atmosphere there?

richardp
09-03-2013, 10:17 PM
First off, regarding food trucks, this was at Made In America on Sunday. Unfortunately, their meat was all-beef products because if they sold anything made from a pig, I would buy it. Also, if I worked there, instead of saying "next, please," I'd yell "STEP RIGHT UP"

(and for the record, I'm pretty certain that this was not there as anything other than coincidence, or at the very least, the workers weren't aware of the connection to that night's headliner)

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/946/p2zr.jpg

three simple little letters:

ARG!

Kyle
09-03-2013, 10:20 PM
three simple little letters:

ARG!

Call the number and see if you get a recording from the Bureau of Morality.

That URL might take you to some NIN fan slash-fiction though.

nooneimportant
09-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Apparently going down right now...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2013/troubadour-west-hollywood-ca-3bc660c0.html

Somewhat Damaged (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Somewhat+Damaged)

The Beginning of the End (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Beginning+of+the+End)

Terrible Lie (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Terrible+Lie)

March of the Pigs (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=March+of+the+Pigs)

Kyle
09-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Apparently going down right now...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2013/troubadour-west-hollywood-ca-3bc660c0.html

Somewhat Damaged (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Somewhat+Damaged)
The Beginning of the End (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Beginning+of+the+End)
Terrible Lie (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Terrible+Lie)
March of the Pigs (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=March+of+the+Pigs)

and now Piggy added to it.

I figured there wouldn't be any drastic surprises to the show (I know people wanting HM in it's entirety would be disappointed), but I thought considering the date, that they'd at least do the Copy of A/HM songs beginning.

I'm still thinking they might debut Everything at this show, but that would probably be the limit of the surprises. Still wish I was there though.

TheRealNs1
09-03-2013, 10:57 PM
i am filled with envious rage.

suprefan, amateur chemist, hope you guys got in.

LenaMHJBKZ2
09-03-2013, 10:58 PM
It looks like another Tuesday night at home wishing I was at the Troubadour right now.

Kyle
09-03-2013, 11:03 PM
WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

Someone has to be trolling setlist.fm.....

fragility3.1
"The Perfect Drug" (Live Debut) -- okay, now I know they're just fuckin with us.

Kyle
and if they're not trolling it, then somebody better be recording.

nooneimportant
09-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Yep, time to take this with a grain of salt although Vevo's Instagram posted a video of them opening with Somewhat Damaged.

GavinCollins420
09-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Definitely a troll. Twitter is saying nothing regarding TPD.

TheRealNs1
09-03-2013, 11:07 PM
yeah I think perfect drug is a troll

fyi, he seems to be at the show and is tweeting setlist.

http://twitter.com/trentvanegas (https://twitter.com/trentvanegas)

nooneimportant
09-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Vevo's Twitter is accurately reporting the first four songs. No idea what's happening here.

TheRealNs1
09-03-2013, 11:09 PM
he's playing like my dream setlist right now. so much hate.

#wherethefuckwereyou
#iwasathomejealousasfuckofyou

GavinCollins420
09-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Trent on stage: 'We're gonna fuck around and play some songs we feel like playing.'

Via twitter.

joplinpicasso
09-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Ah, damn, another night's healthy bedtime shot! Here we go!

joplinpicasso
09-03-2013, 11:20 PM
http://instagram.com/p/d0x8YhgW_B/#

TheRealNs1
09-03-2013, 11:25 PM
http://instagram.com/p/d0x8YhgW_B/#
melissamgeisler (http://instagram.com/melissamgeisler)Can you let the 15 of us standing outside in? Please?

Well, I'm glad I didn't try doing THAT.

That other guy
09-03-2013, 11:32 PM
fyi, he seems to be at the show and is tweeting setlist.

http://twitter.com/trentvanegas (https://twitter.com/trentvanegas)

Its safe to say this is a trusted source..

JessicaSarahS
09-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Lots of Vine clips: https://twitter.com/Jetsetter23

LenaMHJBKZ2
09-03-2013, 11:58 PM
I follow Trent Vanegas of "Pink is the New Blog" on instagram, who is at the show, so far setlist is

1. Somewhat Damaged
2. The Beginning of the End
3. Terrible Lie
4. MOTP
5. Piggy
6. The Frail
7. The Wretched
8. I'm Afraid of Americans
9. Gave Up
10. Sanctified
11. Disappointed
12. Find My Way
13. The Warning
14. Came Back Haunted
15. Wish
16. Survivalism
17. Burn
18. The Hand That Feeds
19. Head Like A Hole
20. La Mer

Miss.Selfdestruct
09-04-2013, 01:42 AM
I've never met so many awesome and bitter NiN fans. All of you who stuck it out were the best company tonight. I swung by because I was only a few bus stops away and it would be a crime not to take my chances. Tried many many times and different ways to get in. But even Ron Jeremy and his 2 friends were rejected and not on the list. Security were nice guys just doing their jobs. But it was still bullshit not letting even a few people in when at least 1/4 of the guest list/VIP people left. It's a tiny venue and few people would leave, so it would not have been that difficult to keep track of. Especially with a no going back in rule. If there were more ETS people from tonight, I was the chick with the green bag.

Anyways, managed to snag a picture of the set from an attendee.

http://i.imgur.com/yEKSdLV.jpg

Discobunny
09-04-2013, 03:07 AM
So I didn't win the drawing, but as a last ditch effort to see the show I rolled up to the venue with some NIN vinyl, hoping someone would be willing to trade for a plus one. Lo and behold, the universe finally smiled, and this really nice (and shy) chap said I could be his plus one. Just like that. There were guys offering crazy money for a ticket, and this guy would barely let me buy him a beer. True fans of music are really freaking cool. And i had to make him take the vinyl!

I will share all the tambourine slapping details tomorrow, but I have to be at work early. Thank you to my new show friend, and thanks to NIN for such a spectacular experience.

Discobunny
09-04-2013, 03:13 AM
Lots of Vine clips: https://twitter.com/Jetsetter23

Hey that's me! Hope those were somewhat enjoyable. I was really super short, and toward the back. There was a really tall dude, and i was trying to be courteous to the people sitting at the bar.

If you want to check out my instagram, my handle on there is also Jetsetter23

XDOP
09-04-2013, 03:44 AM
Okay...WOOOOH that was really something special. So for those of you that have never been to the troubadour it is literally a bar with a stage, i am not shitting you it is no larger than a garage from the stage to the bar (as in the garage door is one end and the house is the other). There was no such thing as a backstage so every piece of equipment was slammed against the sides. Josh's bass guitars were next to me, on the other side of the very small fence. The stage was probably 2 feet in arms reach, and i was on the side. Oddly enough there was a cd and vinyl unopened and hidden behind the row of bass guitars.

its 1:39 am over here so ill post more tomorrow and when my friend uploads the slightly better photos taken.

from what i remember, the setlist was mostly older songs.

they played sanctified, they played im afraid of americans (no special guests), they played warning, dissapointed, came back, find my way, line begins to blur, and la mer.

they were going to play suck and tdtwwwa before hurt but the guitars were fucking up so trent said they switched to "plan b"

probably due to the incredibly small size, trent was talking to the audience so much. Saying that the stage "was too small and you cant hide behind anything"

he also said that they actually have to play this show since they are usually replaced by robots and they are catching up on breaking bad backstage (i shit you not he said this)

la mer was completely spot on with the album version

no backdrop or anything...just stage lights

it was fucking hot in there, there was no ventilation whatsoever.

also Skrillex was there and i saw him in his car trying to drive away while a guy asked him about nin

ILL POST MORE TOMORROW SORRY IF THIS IS REALLY SPOTTY ITS 1 AM

voidnz
09-04-2013, 05:21 AM
Did the Line Begins to Blur get played? It's on the setlist photo but not the setlist.fm. That would be cool if it was

hani
09-04-2013, 05:36 AM
let's give it up for TDTWWA and TLBTB returning to the setlists. even if they weren't played last night, Trent has 'em rehearsed and ready to go.

arsenic
09-04-2013, 05:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4gopkAFpGc

some videos are showing up on youtube
Anyone recorded La Mer? Or even better: anyone recorded the whole show?

Discobunny
09-04-2013, 10:23 AM
The Line Begins to Blur was played last night.

I tried to record le mer, but I was by the bar and there were some 40 year old goth girls talking through it.
Ive never understood people who come to shows to talk. I know drinking added to their desire to yammer.

I hope someone did record show!

JessicaSarahS
09-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Hey that's me! Hope those were somewhat enjoyable. I was really super short, and toward the back. There was a really tall dude, and i was trying to be courteous to the people sitting at the bar.

If you want to check out my instagram, my handle on there is also Jetsetter23

I'm so glad you got in. Your videos were just fine, thanks for sharing! Sorry I wasn't sure if you were on ETS since the change. :o

FULLMETAL
09-04-2013, 01:55 PM
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5680124/nine-inch-nails-exert-brutal-intensity-at-troubadour-club-show-live-review
http://i.imgur.com/rCOPhvyl.png

I'm no fucking journalist, but at least I know how to do a little research and independent confirmation.

ninlive
09-04-2013, 03:29 PM
So, I got a recording from the show.... Sad thing is, taper got busted at the door bringing his recorder and mic in.... So he had to opt to record with his galaxy S4 with audio. Better than nothing I guess. I haven't listened to it yet. But he said it was blown out in certain spots. Bummer.

klyrish
09-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Time out...Josh Freese was there playing keyboards and percussion, too?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I hope a full recording of the show gets released. I'd absolutely love to hear La Mer and Somewhat Damaged.

m15a
09-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Time out...Josh Freese was there playing keyboards and percussion, too?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I hope a full recording of the show gets released. I'd absolutely love to hear La Mer and Somewhat Damaged.

only for the perfect drug. they needed two drummers.
. . . j/k! it was a mistake in the article.

TheRealNs1
09-04-2013, 05:51 PM
only for the perfect drug. they needed two drummers.
. . . j/k! it was a mistake in the article.

Anyone who fully understands this quote has spent way too much time reading NIN related articles.

ninlive
09-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Full recording up thanks to Mixter_ but read the comments on the recording before downloading.

http://reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/2013/20130903.html

Kyle
09-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Anyone who fully understands this quote has spent way too much time reading NIN related articles.

errrrr..... what drug?

Yoshata
09-04-2013, 06:44 PM
This sounds like it was amazing. Congrats to those who got to go!

I'm jelly, bro.

klyrish
09-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Full recording up thanks to Mixter_ but read the comments on the recording before downloading.

http://reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/2013/20130903.html

Nice! Just downloaded it...can't wait to hear how Somewhat Damaged sounds now...

Kyle
09-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Nice! Just downloaded it...can't wait to hear how Somewhat Damaged sounds now...

Actually, if that's the main song you're looking for, you might want to get the Made in America recording from two days earlier. Soundboard recording including Somewhat Damaged.

Of course, I recommend both because I'm a freak like that, but if you really want to hear a 2013 version of Somewhat Damaged go to the MIA show first.

klyrish
09-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Thanks, Kyle (it's weird to write that...my name, too).

I've been so out of the loop with NIN and bootlegs the last few years. I'll definitely get it now!

EDIT: Downloading now...how fucking cool and random to have SD in the middle of the set like that. I love it.

trollmanen
09-04-2013, 08:29 PM
So, I got a recording from the show.... Sad thing is, taper got busted at the door bringing his recorder and mic in.... So he had to opt to record with his galaxy S4 with audio. Better than nothing I guess. I haven't listened to it yet. But he said it was blown out in certain spots. Bummer.

What happened to NIN's open taping policy? Was this just venue staff being ignorant?

ninlive
09-04-2013, 08:46 PM
What happened to NIN's open taping policy? Was this just venue staff being ignorant?

No taping policy this time around.

botley
09-05-2013, 03:44 PM
"Lotta fuckin' tambourine tonight!" —Trent Reznor

wakeupjon
09-05-2013, 08:06 PM
I'm still so sad I wasn't able to get in. I had over 15 raffle tickets and stayed outside the venue for hours. Sigh.

Discobunny
09-05-2013, 08:08 PM
There is a nice review of the show on the LA times entertainment page.
I stood by the reporter during the show. Nice Guy...and he got it right. It was really great to read an article by someone who didnt just mail it in with the usual canned comments about NIN and Trent being a sad panda.

If you have a minute, go show him some love in the comments section.

I post a link later, Im still at work and typing on an ipad.

TheBang
09-05-2013, 08:18 PM
LA Times review:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-live-review-nine-inch-nails-at-the-troubadour-20130904,0,7699824.story

stefler
09-06-2013, 04:14 AM
^^ thank you 4 the times review!

Discobunny
09-06-2013, 10:05 AM
LA Times review:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-live-review-nine-inch-nails-at-the-troubadour-20130904,0,7699824.story

Thanks for posting! I read it on my work computer....my work frowns on messageboards, and my ipad is in need of an update.

theimage13
09-06-2013, 11:45 AM
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5680124/nine-inch-nails-exert-brutal-intensity-at-troubadour-club-show-live-review

I'm no fucking journalist, but at least I know how to do a little research and independent confirmation.

I AM (okay, was) a journalist, and I had to read that several times before seeing what the hell you were talking about. I think I've seen Josh too many times in too many different bands; his name just kind of blends in now.

chroipahtz
09-06-2013, 11:55 AM
I AM (okay, was) a journalist, and I had to read that several times before seeing what the hell you were talking about. I think I've seen Josh too many times in too many different bands; his name just kind of blends in now.
Whenever I see biographical or fact-based information that I already know (like listing the band members), I just skip it. So it took me a few times as well.