PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Trent

Sharkeleven
10-12-2013, 02:01 AM
Hello, I'm a long time NIN fan, occasional site reader and a first time poster. I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, so apologizes if I'm not.

I have been a NIN fan since the mid/late 90's and my wife has been a fan since the Broken era. I've been lucky to see NIN 6 times and my wife has has been to many more than me, including Woodstock 94. There is one big thing left on our checklist to be done, meet Trent Reznor. We had some chances but it never worked out. Going to shows during the With Teeth club tour and Trent having to leave right after the show to testify in his lawsuit with his former manager. Another time during the Last Goodbye tour when they had the expensive meet and greet, by the time payday came arouund, they were sold out.

Next week we are attending two shows, in Brooklyn and State College. My wife has been such a hardcore fan that it would be a huge moment in her life to just meet Trent along with a photo and an autograph. Though I imagine she would be extremely emotional lol.

What I'm asking of any and everyone is do you have any tips, strategies or just plain lucky guesses that might help us meet Trent and perhaps the rest of the band. If you can help I thank you in advance for whatever you can say, and I'm sorry for writing so much, its just how I write.

somethingelse
10-12-2013, 03:44 AM
Yeah sure. You set up a cardboard box propped up by a stick with some string tied around it. Then you place a rare synth under the box. Patience is the key to making this work.

Ryan
10-12-2013, 04:08 AM
Yeah sure. You set up a cardboard box propped up by a stick with some string tied around it. Then you place a rare synth under the box. Patience is the key to making this work.

Or you could buy one of those Trent-sounding whistles like they use in the wild.

Trunkjob
10-12-2013, 04:47 AM
Yell at Trent that you want to meet up afterwards during one of the quiet songs and you might get a nice, cheerful response. You have to be really REALLY REALLY REALLY loud to make sure Trent and everyone else in the audience hears you. I'm pretty sure Trent loves when people do that.

nemesiswontdie
10-12-2013, 05:56 AM

I've tried this and all I got was a level 4 Alessandro Cortini.

Halo Infinity
10-12-2013, 11:01 AM
I don't know how he did it, but he managed to find a way to have it the other way around (http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp000816.htm). And I also think this was his way of trying to say that this was the closest most people would ever get (http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp000914.htm). He even wrote some guidelines on how to behave if/when you actually meet Trent Reznor (http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp000112.htm). :p

It was just far too good to pass up making references to The Meathead Perspective in this thread, but in all seriousness, I thought you needed some sort of VIP pass/package for meet and greets if/when they're actually available, as I've seen videos of fans that were able/fortunate to hang out with Trent Reznor in the VIP section, or even backstage on YouTube. As for me, I just wouldn't know what to say, aside from thanking him for all the wonderful music he's made and how it's been like therapy for me.

andre78
10-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Damn, I miss my good ol' Meathead Perspective.

tony.parente
10-15-2013, 09:39 AM
This thread is ridiculous.

In the best way possible

DF118
10-15-2013, 09:51 AM
I served Judy Dench coffee in a restaurant in the north of Scotland once.

Necrodoommonkey
10-15-2013, 11:48 PM
I saw Henry Winkler in an airport once.

slave2thewage
10-15-2013, 11:58 PM
I slept with Jeordie White.

BenAkenobi
10-16-2013, 12:13 AM
I read this topic.

Baphomette
10-16-2013, 01:08 AM
I slept with Jeordie White.