PDA

View Full Version : Could someone teach me While I'm Still Here?

Digital_Man
12-15-2013, 08:09 PM
I just need to know the keys to the hummy part in the chorus. I can't find any tutorials online, I'd be very appreciative if someone could teach me or post a tutorial video.:o

Krazy
12-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Teach you what, and why and when are you leaving?...

I'll be here all night, remember to tip your waitress.

<----------------- shows self the exit door

Warped_Savant
12-16-2013, 06:01 PM
...remember to tip your waitress...
I will not make a joke about the one-legged waitress that worked at IHOP; I will not make a joke about the one-legged waitress that worked at IHOP; I will not make a joke about the one-legged waitress that worked at IHOP...

Digital_Man
12-16-2013, 07:50 PM
I just don't understand :(

Ryan
12-16-2013, 07:52 PM
I just don't understand :(

We don't mind.

You're okay.

It doesn't have to end this way.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Fact of the matter is...If you want help with learning a song, you might have better luck in the artistic expression sub-forum, where people who would know that kind of thing gravitate. Not everyone who comes through this part of the forum would have any idea about how to make the song sound-for-sound.

You could always try the fun way - experiment with your own stuff and just see what you come up with. For example, I'm surprised at how many NIN songs I've managed to teach myself just from fumbling with a kalimba or acoustic guitar (Mostly Ghosts stuff and a few other random songs). They're not perfect matches, but they're recognizable!

Hell, now I kinda wanna see if I can make an acoustic guitar version of "While I'm Still Here." Commence the drunken fingering!...Of guitar strings!

ninrogue
12-17-2013, 12:07 AM
All I can say is experiment. Use your ears, even though music instructors always tell me to recognize each note/pitch with my ear than hearing the pitch alone. I cannot provide any more suggestions. No idea. But definitely, have a look at the suggested thread.