PDA

View Full Version : NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

somewhat_
03-15-2014, 09:00 PM
You can bold clarkston too. They never have GA.

sick among the pure
03-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Does anyone know who to contact with a pre-sale question? I actually need to know if the ticket limit per person is 2 or 4. The site says 2, every time, but the e-mail says 4, every time. If it weren't so soon I wouldn't be worried about finding out an answer.

suprefan
03-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Now that the list is official, could someone go through the list and confirm the venues that don't have a GA PIT based on past tours?

Hollywood Bowl, Planet Hollywood, Red Rocks, Cruzan Amp and Mountain View do not have a pit. All seating.

Joy Prevention Hotline
03-15-2014, 09:09 PM
Check your junk folder, heh.
I did, I did…

Oh well. That’s why I’ve been hitting refresh on this thread every two hours. :p

Moebius
03-15-2014, 09:23 PM
You can bold clarkston too. They never have GA.

Agree, they didn't for NINJA.

Shoreline Amphitheater doesn't have a pit either.

Anomander
03-15-2014, 09:24 PM
Cant the pool section at the Hollywood Bowl be turned into GA?

jessamineny
03-15-2014, 09:25 PM
No GA at Red Rocks, Detroit, Holmdel. Looks like Mountain View doesn't have one either.
The GA is very small in Vegas and West Palm, iirc. Looks like the pit is really small in Chicago, Mansfield, Woodlands TX, Albuquerque and Irvine also.
I can't tell if they ever turn the Pool Circle at the Hollywood Bowl into GA. Site only mentions folding chairs or boxes as options.

Moebius
03-15-2014, 09:29 PM
No GA at Red Rocks, Detroit, Holmdel. Looks like Mountain View doesn't have one either.
The GA is very small in Vegas and West Palm, iirc. Looks like the pit is really small in Chicago, Mansfield, Woodlands TX, Albuquerque and Irvine also.
I can't tell if they ever turn the Pool Circle at the Hollywood Bowl into GA. Site only mentions folding chairs or boxes as options.

Yeah, the Tinley pit is fairly small. It's in the middle section only. Not bad if you can get it, but it's a terrible location for queuing.

jessamineny
03-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Hollywood Bowl, Planet Hollywood, Red Rocks, Cruzan Amp and Mountain View do not have a pit. All seating.

I was in the GA pit at Cruzan for NINJA. It's small.
I believe there's a small pit at Planet Hollywood as well.

Sandy Phimester
03-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Ahhhhhh shit. I mean this is cool and all, but Toronto is too far for me to go this year to see a show in Canada. I was hoping for later in the year, like another early winter tour, maybe that will happen. Maybe not. Damn!

jessamineny
03-15-2014, 09:34 PM
It's a terrible location for queuing.

Why is that?

pwing47
03-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I'm wondering about the Tinley Park pit too. Anyone have experience with the venue? If one can acquire GA tickets, is it basically a "show up pretty early" kinda deal to snag a good spot?

sick among the pure
03-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I'm wondering about the Tinley Park pit too. Anyone have experience with the venue? If one can acquire GA tickets, is it basically a "show up pretty early" kinda deal to snag a good spot?

With amphitheaters, if there is a GA, it's going to be small enough that you could show up anytime before doors open and have a "good spot". If you want rail, you'll have to be early, yeah, but otherwise you'll be fine.

Melissa A. Veal
03-15-2014, 09:47 PM
I wish we knew if the Soundgarden presale on Tuesday gets us in early and If we get the special NIN printed tickets. probably not for the tickets.

Dra508
03-15-2014, 09:49 PM
AHEM. Death Grips...

I might actually make a point of getting there on time for them. If they show up at all. ;)

Callahan
03-15-2014, 09:55 PM
Ahhhhhh shit. I mean this is cool and all, but Toronto is too far for me to go this year to see a show in Canada. I was hoping for later in the year, like another early winter tour, maybe that will happen. Maybe not. Damn!

Try for Vegas maybe?? It's usually cheaper for me (flying from Calgary) to go see NIN in Vegas, than it is in Toronto.

There are a few shows I want to see! have a buddy that lives in LA, so I might try to catch a couple at the end of the tour...I just hate how the pre-sale is the same time for all of these! going to make it hard to get tickets to multiple shows.

ericy210
03-15-2014, 10:05 PM
Where is the proof Death Grips is opening, or is it just a rumor? I hope they're there!

GlitchyFlame
03-15-2014, 10:05 PM
This is very awesome news! I'm glad that Trent is playing in Dallas! He kind of left us behind last year :p

Powhatan
03-15-2014, 10:07 PM
WTF? I seriously need to know if its 2 or 4 purchase. As mentioned - email says 4 and website says 2.

As far as I know - I havent ever heard of the Hollywood Bowl opening up the front for a pit - they didnt do it for the NIN show in 2005 as far as I know either.

Presideo
03-15-2014, 10:10 PM
I have mixed emotions about my NINJA experience that will likely keep me from going to this tour. Being outside all day in the humid/rainy Southeast wasn't very fun, and NIN played their entire set in the daytime, making their portion of the event feel embarrassingly mundane compared to Jane's Addiction.

Considering they play in the dead of summer again and are co-headlining w/ Soundgarden, these scenarios are bound to repeat themselves. Also, there's no way Death Grips will survive this tour. They'll miss a couple dates and will get kicked off. That's a guarantee.

jessamineny
03-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Where is the proof Death Grips is opening, or is it just a rumor? I hope they're there!

http://distilleryimage8.s3.amazonaws.com/71c3c054aca611e3aedb125d9a40ea40_8.jpg

m15a
03-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Being outside all day in the humid/rainy Southeast wasn't very fun

Oh yeah. Eeek. Glad I'm planning on moving before the tour.

Since I'll likely be in Philadelphia, I'm leaning towards to Camden show, but is there any compelling reason to go to the Jones Beach or Holmdel one? (Better venue or whatever.) Wouldn't mind an excuse to hang out in NYC for the weekend if there is. (EDIT: I don't drive, so I'd probably be taking public transportation in any case.)

Moebius
03-15-2014, 10:26 PM
Why is that?

Tinley Park is way out in the burbs, surrounded by fields with no stores or anything in the immediate vicinity. I queued for Radiohead there in 2012. The nearest restrooms are a mile away in a strip mall, across a 4-lane road. They don't open the parking lot until about 2 hours before doors. The area immediately outside the gates is all blacktop with pretty much zero shade. No water or anything available. Security made everyone queue on the blacktop. You couldn't stay in your car. If you went to sit on the grass under the few nearby trees you got yelled at. We had to negotiate to get them to allow one car to ferry people back and forth. There are something like 4 entrance gates. They all open at the same time. Mad dash to the pit. Probably the worst pre-show queuing experience I've ever had.

It was an incredible show, though. And it does have a fairly small pit.
http://livenationpremiumseats.com/images/509/620/400/image.jpg

pastthemission
03-15-2014, 10:31 PM
Also, there's no way Death Grips will survive this tour. They'll miss a couple dates and will get kicked off. That's a guarantee.

They're already missing the first night. They're scheduled to perform on July 19th at Toronto's Time Festival which obviously conflicts with the opening show in Vegas. o_0 http://exclaim.ca/News/time_festival_returns_to_toronto_with_grimes_death _grips_action_bronson_charli_xcx

Anomander
03-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Are they at the same time? 12 pm est for me is 10 am

virushopper
03-15-2014, 10:38 PM
Fuck my paycheck is going to disappear soon.

implanted_microchip
03-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Any idea how much the pricing is going to be?

Oh, and anyone know anything about the Tampa and West Palm amphitheatres? If anyone has been to both, which is better?

IndyJ
03-15-2014, 10:56 PM
Any idea how much the pricing is going to be?

Oh, and anyone know anything about the Tampa and West Palm amphitheatres? If anyone has been to both, which is better?

The highest tickets are about $100.

FULLMETAL
03-15-2014, 11:01 PM
IIRC, Tampa's is located at the State Fairgrounds and they don't let you park early to queue (you have to try a Jedi mind trick on the security at the parking gate). If there's an event going on the same day as the show, you have a better chance of getting in. That said, there's not a lot within walking distance. So, you're better off bringing supplies in a cooler and just tailgating for the afternoon.

As far WPB, I just remember it being so hot and sunny that I grabbed an umbrella from WalMart for some shade while waiting in the queue. The venue is on its own property and I believe there was some food and junk within a short driving distance. Of course, if there's no GA for this show - then it's silly to queue up all day.

Madmya
03-15-2014, 11:14 PM
God damn. My two favourite bands of all time co-headlining. Anyone complaining about Soundgarden playing with NIN needs a swift uppercut, you ungrateful pigs.

I guess I'll just have to happily settle for NIN/QOTSA tomorrow night.

implanted_microchip
03-15-2014, 11:17 PM
God damn. My two favourite bands of all time co-headlining. Anyone complaining about Soundgarden playing with NIN needs a swift uppercut, you ungrateful pigs.

I guess I'll just have to happily settle for NIN/QOTSA tomorrow night.

Can we trade problems?

Madmya
03-15-2014, 11:19 PM
I would if I could, but I'm really looking forward to seeing QOTSA still so I'm not exactly devastated by the situation.

Melissa A. Veal
03-15-2014, 11:22 PM
Fuck my paycheck is going to disappear soon.

hhaha. I was thinking the same thing....

nobies
03-15-2014, 11:30 PM
Bank Center? Eh......alright. Wish they were playing Fairmount Park instead. But beggers cant be choosers I suppose..

FULLMETAL
03-15-2014, 11:48 PM
Not sure why two of the shows I planned to hit are the most expensive, but I guess that's just the lot of being a NIN fan.

http://i.imgur.com/wIYt9UJ.jpg

Melissa A. Veal
03-15-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm hoping the Charlotte presale doesn't sell out too quickly. I'm so glad I don't have to try for the L.A. or the bigger city shows.

Moebius
03-16-2014, 12:22 AM
Odd that quite a few dates are missing from Musictoday at the moment.

Anomander
03-16-2014, 12:25 AM
I'm crossing my fingers for Chula Vista and LA. Going to try and grab LA first then give Chula a shot

m0reta
03-16-2014, 12:28 AM
Hopefully WPB will have pit again..seems there for several current acts based on seating charts. Tampa was pretty nice too circa 2009.

Never seen Soundgarden. Haven't really been attracted to their music. But hey, NIN! And I am an addict.

SM Rollinger
03-16-2014, 12:57 AM
Well great, not coming anywhere close to me. And I was really hoping to see Death Grips too :(

suprefan
03-16-2014, 02:02 AM
Why is that?

Tinley is horrible in regards to waiting. It will be really bad in July. Nowhere to wait, minimal
trees, you have to go a ways to find a place to eat or anything. And yeah, out in the sticks.

Joy Prevention Hotline
03-16-2014, 02:10 AM
Just finished watching SG’s iTunes Festival show. When he has to push himself, Cornell is fine. The rest of the time his vocals are just, I dunno, lazy.

But that’s the only weakness. As a band they sound great.

suprefan
03-16-2014, 02:19 AM
fyi, seating charts are being added to the listings. So most likely youll be able to see what they choose set up wise within the next day.

[parasite]
03-16-2014, 02:46 AM
I so badly wish I could attend one of these!

Joy Prevention Hotline
03-16-2014, 02:50 AM
fyi, seating charts are being added to the listings. So most likely youll be able to see what they choose set up wise within the next day.
Where? At tour.nin.com I only see on-sale dates — no prices or seating charts. :confused:

Kyle
03-16-2014, 03:18 AM
Where? At tour.nin.com I only see on-sale dates — no prices or seating charts. :confused:
LiveNation maybe?

Kyle
03-16-2014, 03:21 AM
The one right on the waterfront? It does, I've been there for Mayhem Fest a few times. You can take the PATCO right over and walk for like 5 minutes, save on parking. And since after the show, there will be a bunch of us, I'm not too worried about it being a shitty neighborhood. Maybe.

I really wish the photo was true and it was in south Philly, just a BSL subway ride away from my place.

does it have a retractable roof or something like that? Because I'm pretty sure that was where I saw smashing pumpkins at, but it was in December and indoors.

Prettybrokenspiral
03-16-2014, 03:56 AM
Wouldn't be the first time Trent's shit on somebody and repaired the relationship later.

Maybe he'll shit on Soundgarden over Twitter immediately after the tour ends.

Haha maybe he and Manson can bury the hatchet in time for MM to open the tour for them. It's the 20 year anniversary of Portrait, too. He can play just that album and then GTFO so Soundgarden and NIN can rock.

Digital Twilight
03-16-2014, 04:56 AM
Man that is gonna be some tour. Two of my favourite bands and Death Grips, enjoy friends.

Fadeout54321
03-16-2014, 05:20 AM
Any ideas on what the quantity of tickets you will be able to purchase for the presale? nin.com presale info says limit 2 per person, facebook post states 4. Got about 30 hours to figure it out. Annoying.

somewhat_
03-16-2014, 05:25 AM
Any ideas on what the quantity of tickets you will be able to purchase for the presale? nin.com presale info says limit 2 per person, facebook post states 4. Got about 30 hours to figure it out. Annoying.

It's only been 2 per person in the past. That doesn't mean they can't change it now, but I'm counting on 2 per person.

Scarlet Siren
03-16-2014, 05:26 AM
Fucking flight prices. Otherwise I'd fly over for 2 weeks again.

Fadeout54321
03-16-2014, 05:45 AM
Just checked my email. That says it's 4 per person too. Starting to think it will be 4.

It's only been 2 per person in the past. That doesn't mean they can't change it now, but I'm counting on 2 per person.

Demogorgon
03-16-2014, 06:54 AM
damn. no shows in PA or OH. guess I won't be catching this tour, which is a real shame. Soundgarden would seriously be worth the watch, in my opinion.

jessamineny
03-16-2014, 08:16 AM
damn. no shows in PA or OH. guess I won't be catching this tour, which is a real shame. Soundgarden would seriously be worth the watch, in my opinion.

Detroit's only 3.5 hours away. You can even take a Megabus from Cleveland (if you book early it's only $6 round trip... for real)

HTDA was 4, fwiw

spahn
03-16-2014, 08:21 AM
thank you for a west palm beach stop! perfect ending to my birthday weekend!

Calla lily
03-16-2014, 09:05 AM
I think we'll go to WPB, Linkin Park on the 8th, then NIN on the 10th, and with my family nearby to keep the kids, we can make a weekend out of it. I would love to go to Tampa on the 11th on the way home, but husband isn't a big NIN (or SG) fan so he won't want to go to a 2nd show, plus he's getting cheap in his old age and doesn't like to pay for concerts (I usually go with friends). I really only talked him into this one by saying we can hit up some breweries on the 9th.

elevenism
03-16-2014, 09:29 AM
I don't recall Trent ever saying anything bad about either band. Plus, Trent has worked with Dave Grohl in the past.

GW: This album has been a long time in the making, hasn't it?
REZNOR: I tend to get bored when people start saying, "Where's the record already?" Hey, I'm not fucking off in there. It just takes a long time. Nirvana may be able to make a record in two weeks. That's great. We're not doing that. To me, every song means reinventing the whole process.

I remember reading this as a pre-teen nin fanatic. I feel like what he says is VERY condescending.
@theimage13 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=809) ...REALLY? the band that sings Lump? This is sarcasm, right?!
@DonkeyBoner42 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4406) I think you missed the joke. @Kyle (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3135) wasn't talking shit about AIC's MUSIC. He was talking about AIC LITERALLY not showing up. I had tickets to see AIC in dallas TWICE. And they didn't show up TWICE.

Well, all i can say about the Nailgarden tour...(can we call it Nailgarden?) is that i hope that nin brings the moment factory and doesn't play a fucking greatest hits set. i want deep album cuts and new material, not terriblelieclosehurthlahmotp. ive seen all that shit..A LOT.

And as far as you guys fearing the dawn of the nineties nostalgia tour, i for one can't WAIT for that era! No, i don't want third eye blind or shit like that, but what about a bill like Smashing Pumpkins/Bjork/The Breeders, or Chili Peppers/Primus/311? there's gotta be SOME lineup you would dig!

sweeterthan
03-16-2014, 09:45 AM
I prefer nine inch sound

m15a
03-16-2014, 09:50 AM

On tour.nin.com, log in. Then, click on the presale link for Toulouse, France. You can find the price range there and maybe the seating charts. (I think the seating charts just link to Live Nation pages that haven't been updated yet.)

Madmya
03-16-2014, 09:53 AM
Nailgarden is way better. If you want to see what kind of sets NIN would play, I'd say it'd be similar to what they're doing in Australia right now. I don't know what that is, I'm seeing them tomorrow night and wanted surprises.

Mr.Metheus
03-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Are they at the same time? 12 pm est for me is 10 am

The presales all start at 12pm in the venue's local time zone, so no, not all at the same time. Half of the shows are in the eastern time zone though.

jessamineny
03-16-2014, 10:37 AM
SoundgardNIN

theimage13
03-16-2014, 11:08 AM
N S I G N 2014. Bizarre, without the spaces it wouldn't stay in all capitals.

It's a filter so people don't type with caps lock on.

And elevenism - only half joking. I wouldn't call PUSA the best band out of Seattle, but they're my personal favorite from the area. Went to go see them last year, and it's the first time in ages that three people with a combined total of maybe 15 stage inputs - all live, no tracks - put on a show that had everybody moving and having a good time. The lyrics are inventive, the music catchy, and Chris's banter between songs (and improv during some of them) is hilarious. They're absolutely nothing like either of the bands we're talking about here, but after two decades they're still as enjoyable as the day the started. And yes, I really would go see them billed together with NIN if for some completely and utterly bizarre reason they were going to be at the same place.

october_midnight
03-16-2014, 11:13 AM
No Seattle date? Boo. At least I have Converge in May to tide me over haha... Also, that tour announcement image, the black one with the four 'boxes' of stuff from a few pages back is beyond awesome. Would be cool if the merch for this tour was less....let's say 'streamlined' then it has been as of late, and it's just rough, gritty images with the full NIN logo dead center a la TDS days.

jessamineny
03-16-2014, 11:19 AM
On tour.nin.com, log in. Then, click on the presale link for Toulouse, France. You can find the price range there and maybe the seating charts. (I think the seating charts just link to Live Nation pages that haven't been updated yet.)

I'm not sure the nin.com page is totally accurate either. Currently, the only show that says "Reserved Seating and General Admission" is Tampa. All the others just say Reserved Seating (or with GA Lawn). That can't be correct.

Demon.seed.22
03-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Last tour there was a floor and no pit. Now we get amphitheaters with no chance of pit. IMHO sucks.
Im a TR fanboy, but must admit the last show I saw was a bit disappointing. Not that the music was bad, the whole experience was off. Crowd seemed uninterested. (2013 I was in Nj)

Kyle
03-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Last tour there was a floor and no pit. Now we get amphitheaters with no chance of pit. IMHO sucks.
Im a TR fanboy, but must admit the last show I saw was a bit disappointing. Not that the music was bad, the whole experience was off. Crowd seemed uninterested. (2013 I was in Nj)
I was at the same show. Dead center about five people or so away from the rail. I didn't think the crowd was uninterested at all.

Demon.seed.22
03-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Granted it could've been a little me, but I recall no movement/pit

fillow
03-16-2014, 11:58 AM
N S Y N C 2014. Bizarre, without the spaces it wouldn't stay in all capitals.
fixed it for you

Charmingly Miserable
03-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Ok. So I'm definitely gonna hit up Irvine and then maybe Hollywood. Since I'll be going alone, I don't have to worry about ticket limits. I didn't get the chance to meet any ETSers at the Staples Center last time, so I hope to meet you guys this summer.

Joy Prevention Hotline
03-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Ah. Thank you — I was 99% of the way there. I even clicked on a presale link, but that one didn’t lead to MusicToday … plus it was in Portuguese.

My vote’s for NINgarden since no one with any taste calls NIN “Nails.” :p

thefragile_jake
03-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Bummer....no St. Louis date. Has anyone seen Death Grips live?? I'd be really interested in seeing them open for NIN/Soundgarden.

They were probably the best live act I saw last year. It'll be interesting to see how fans of Soundgarden and NIN take to Death Grips live. They're incredible really.

Anyway, so I'm certain this will probably be Nine Inch Nails only time in North America this year? I would very much love to go to that show in Chicago at Tinley Park but they scheduled the show the week after Pitchfork Festival and my vacation time is set up to where I get back the Tuesday that week of the show..it doesn't really make sense to come back that Tuesday and then leave again Thursday for the NIN show. It's a shame because I would've loved to have seen this show. I'll still weigh my options I suppose but I really hope to go to this tour just for NIN and Death Grips together.

Does anyone think Nine Inch Nails will tour again in the fall for North America or is this NIN 2014's last US stop?

jessamineny
03-16-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm still hoping they'll tour with QOTSA come September. Both of their schedules free up then -- at least what's been made public.

Kid Charlemagne
03-16-2014, 12:56 PM
If they tour again in 2014 in the US, it would have to be some sort of winter jaunt extending to 2015. I can't see them announcing another US tour shortly after or before going on this one to be honest.

Powhatan
03-16-2014, 01:07 PM
just emailed Musictoday about max ticket in presale issue (2 or 4 depending on where one looks)

We shall see if they reply

jessamineny
03-16-2014, 01:31 PM
If they tour again in 2014 in the US, it would have to be some sort of winter jaunt extending to 2015. I can't see them announcing another US tour shortly after or before going on this one to be honest.

Why? This leg with Soundgarden isn't much more than a month long, into late August.

jessamineny
03-16-2014, 01:34 PM
That's just a reseller/scalper. They often sell tickets before they actually go on sale. If you read the fine print on most of those sites, they're only obligated to sell you the ticket you've picked, or one deemed "better" than it. So they're just speculating.

implanted_microchip
03-16-2014, 01:34 PM
Ha , So much for presale:

Nine Inch Nails & Soundgarden

Sunday, July 27, 2014 at [Time TBA

Molson Canadian Amphitheatre, Toronto, Canada

http://www.ticketnetwork.com/tix/nine-inch-nails---soundgarden-7-27-2014-tickets-2300212.aspx?ref=cj&utm_source=cjid&utm_medium=5327415

What is it? All I get when I go to page is a loading page that never goes anywhere.

EDIT: nevermind, someone already answered my question

Spacemunky
03-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Ah. Thank you — I was 99% of the way there. I even clicked on a presale link, but that one didn’t lead to MusicToday … plus it was in Portuguese.

My vote’s for NINgarden since no one with any taste calls NIN “Nails.” :p

NINgarden sounds acceptable. Let's go w/that.
I sometimes call NIN 'nails' among my friends that are fans. And I have plenty of taste!

Kid Charlemagne
03-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Why? This leg with Soundgarden isn't much more than a month long, into late August.

First off, they've been on tour nearly the whole entire year. Secondly, if they were announce a whole tour with or without Soundgarden with other dates, they likely would've been announced all at once. Third, they're hitting all the major markets on this tour, seems pretty redundant to announce another US tour in such a short period of time, considering they've covered all those markets with Tension and more and some of the same markets with this tour.

That other guy
03-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Well no Buffalo date or Darien lake date ( Not surprised) , leaves me with road trips to Toronto or Clarkston or both...Doesn't look like theres room to even add on dates..

Anyone care to speculate there "MAY" be a fall Club type tour? Or do we think this will be the last leg in the US?

ninhead007
03-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Do these nin.com tickets include a meet and greet option for more $'s or not? I don't see a mention of it one way or the other and I know they did it for the first leg of their Tension tour last year and I missed out in St. Paul. Have the finances and means to see them this time around and am hoping they are either included in the nin member presale tickets or are added later..

halo eighteen
03-16-2014, 01:51 PM
I definitely don't recall meet and greet options for the presale last year?

That other guy
03-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Do these nin.com tickets include a meet and greet option for more $'s or not? I don't see a mention of it one way or the other and I know they did it for the first leg of their Tension tour last year and I missed out in St. Paul. Have the finances and means to see them this time around and am hoping they are either included in the nin member presale tickets or are added later..

They did that for select Wave goodbye shows ( Donations for Eric?? ) , not this tour , unless I missed it..

jessamineny
03-16-2014, 01:53 PM
St. Paul was the first show of the tour, so they decided to buy the line-sitters a bunch of pizza, and some of the band members came out to say hi. There was no meet and greet.

Melissa A. Veal
03-16-2014, 01:56 PM
According to Soundgarden's website, their pre-sale is the same time during the NIN. WTF? I thought the Soundgarden pre-sale was Tuesday? This is gonna be a shit storm...I hope I can get through the website.

Melissa A. Veal
03-16-2014, 01:58 PM

Trent will take another 4 year hiatus from touring after this one. How much do ya'll want to bet?

Powhatan
03-16-2014, 01:59 PM
According to Soundgarden's website, their pre-sale is the same time during the NIN. WTF? I thought the Soundgarden pre-sale was Tuesday? This is gonna be a shit storm...I hope I can get through the website.

yeah - twitter for them said Tuesday - their email sent out with the password said Monday for SG presale.
Please no one post the password on the public forum here - it only makes it harder for everyone to get tix.

None of their links to the ticket sale sites work though - ticketmaster seems to have changed them all/removed them.

GulDukat
03-16-2014, 02:02 PM
I prefer Layne era AIC, but everyone who has checked out the new AIC singer, seems to say he does a great job.....Considering SG's last album tanked and got bad/mediocre reviews, and most reports I hear from their live shows is they are mediocre at best, they need Trent a lot more than Trent needs them....Would prefer if NIN toured with more full on electronic/industrial type bands instead of "rock n roll" bands. QOTSA, Janes, Soundgarden.....

halfway down in the interview he decimates PJ.....

http://www.theninhotline.net/archives/articles/axc94a.shtml

We've been down this rode before. Again:

At Metacritic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metacritic), which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from critics, the album received an average score of 70, which indicates "generally favorable reviews."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Animal#Critical_response

As for album sales, again, a few hundred thousand in 2012 for an old-school rock band is very respectable.

halo eighteen
03-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Soundgarden's website currently blatantly lists the password so I don't think it's intended to be secret. If they're using Ticketmaster then ideally it will be a different pool of tickets from NIN's sale anyway.

Kid Charlemagne
03-16-2014, 02:04 PM
Trent will take another 4 year hiatus from touring after this one. How much do ya'll want to bet?

I don't know if I'd go that far, but it wouldn't surprise me.

GulDukat
03-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Soundgarden's website currently blatantly lists the password so I don't think it's intended to be secret. If they're using Ticketmaster then ideally it will be a different pool of tickets from NIN's sale anyway.

Does the NIN presale work via ticketmaster?

jessamineny
03-16-2014, 02:07 PM
According to the Soundgarden site, Death Grips will not be playing at either the Chicago or Toronto shows.

halo eighteen
03-16-2014, 02:08 PM

Nope, NIN presale is artist direct through musictoday.

Melissa A. Veal
03-16-2014, 02:10 PM
yeah - twitter for them said Tuesday - their email sent out with the password said Monday for SG presale.
Please no one post the password on the public forum here - it only makes it harder for everyone to get tix.

None of their links to the ticket sale sites work though - ticketmaster seems to have changed them all/removed them.

damn. Hopefully they have allotted a certain # for NIN.Com pre-sale and a certain # for Soundgarden. If so, we will just have to worry about the servers crashing. This is what happens when they co-headline with a large band. People panic about pre-sales.

jessamineny
03-16-2014, 02:12 PM
The Soundgarden presales might not come with fancy tickets/early entry if they're doing it through Ticketmaster.

Edit: and their FB page says presales are Tuesday, with a different password than the one that's on their Web site (which says Monday).

Powhatan
03-16-2014, 02:16 PM

oh - ok well then ignore me then. :)

GulDukat
03-16-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm not too worried about getting tickets. Even if you waited until Friday, you should be okay.

Powhatan
03-16-2014, 02:25 PM
I'm not too worried about getting tickets. Even if you waited until Friday, you should be okay.

well, if you are a seat snob like me - partly caused by getting such good seats to so many NIN shows through their presales. ;)

then its stressful :) - esp since I have more than 2 in my party but cant confirm if its 2 or 4 ticket limit - I am trying to plan with my friends what to count on and who needs to do the sale (both of us or one of us).

Thing with the hollywood bowl is - its a fantastic venue - BUT, its a very large venue - and even behind the boxes feels "far away". I dont just want tickets - I want "good" tickets.

Ahh but it will be whatever it will be. I actually just wish the presales were spread out more - as I would like to do a few of the shows.

ninhead007
03-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Huh, wonder what I was thinking of then. I thought aside from first chance at seats there was something special for NIN member tickets.

Seems like they were more than then 104$ GA floor tickets, like 137$ or some odd amount like that. Again, I do have an active imagination and bad memory to boot :P

Wretchedest
03-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Another perfect lineup for NIN. This time theres one near me, so ill probably go, even though its at a shitty ampitheater. Death Grips and Soundgarden are great.

m15a
03-16-2014, 02:33 PM
I'm not sure the nin.com page is totally accurate either. Currently, the only show that says "Reserved Seating and General Admission" is Tampa. All the others just say Reserved Seating (or with GA Lawn). That can't be correct.

Good point. Being that there was such a workaround to get to the page, I don't think it should really be considered as public, so it can definitely be a work in progress.

suprefan
03-16-2014, 02:44 PM
According to the Soundgarden site, Death Grips will not be playing at either the Chicago or Toronto shows.

Chicago is due to them playing Pitchfork Festival that weekend. Thus bumming me out that Ill be in Chicago for the festival and cant go to Tinley ( even though its not ideal ) for that show.

Nope.

When ticketmaster finally posts the onsale pages, we'll get a better idea of whats happening with the Soundgarden sale. For now, you could assume its via ticketmaster just due to the password.

halo eighteen
03-16-2014, 02:48 PM
from the ticket presale ticketing info on nin.com:

PURCHASING TICKETS
* Presale tickets will be available online only. No phone, e-mail, or mail orders will be accepted.
* There is a two (2) ticket limit per presale buyer, per show. Please note that any purchases above the limit may be cancelled without notice.
* Presale tickets are limited. We do not guarantee tickets for all buyers.
* The tickets will be in the name of the NIN/Musictoday online store or SOUNDGARDEN/Ticketmaster account used to purchase the tickets. Tickets will be available for pick-up at the designated NIN+SOUNDGARDEN presale check-in / entrance on the day of the show, upon presentation of valid government issued photo ID matching ticket account name. Unauthorized purchases will not be honored. You cannot transfer a presale ticket purchase to any other name.

Confirms the presales will be on different sites but the pick-up will be the same location. I wonder if both presales adhere to the same ticket limits then (i.e. you can't buy a pair from NIN and a pair from SG under the same name... or maybe you CAN, and that's where the 4 ticket limit from NIN's email comes from?)

GulDukat
03-16-2014, 02:56 PM
So the Soundgarden presale is via ticketmaster?

Powhatan
03-16-2014, 03:02 PM
So the Soundgarden presale is via ticketmaster? Is the password the same for all the show? what is the password?

Someone here said its on their website - but I dont see it there. I got one in an email from their website - but I just noticed their facebook page has a DIFFERENT password. Also - their facebook and twitter says Tuesday - but their email and website link on the email says Monday.

Glad to see everyone involved is being so consistent about details.
: |

halo eighteen
03-16-2014, 03:30 PM
I think there will be a separate presale on Tuesday for the facebook password. And probably several other presales throughout the week for credit cards and livenation and other stupid shit, all of which will probably be disclosed tomorrow morning when TM/Livenation are finally going to be cleared to start listing shows.

But I truly think the nin com (and/or SG) sale tomorrow will be the only one that matters for anyone here though. Seems like Trent reliably gives great seats for presales.

ManBurning
03-16-2014, 03:41 PM
No WA or OR date, bogus

No Vancouver date yet... :(

Is that really surprising? The only outdoor venue Vancouver has is Thunderbird stadium at UBC, and Soundgarden are already playing the Gorge in George, WA not only once, but twice in July. July 4th and 6th, so that automatically cancels out any chance we had of a Washington state show.

I was really holding out for the return of NIN to the Pemberton music festival this July 18-20, but my hopes and dreams have been crushed for that. There is no way They are gonna go from Pemberton to Vegas with all their gear in 1 day, it's feasible, but not easily done. I assumed it was the reason for Pemberton not releasing their lineup, as they were waiting for NIN... but, that's out of the question now. Who knows what garbage lineup Pemberton is gonna throw on the table now. Sasquatch and Squamish already beat them to the punch months ago. I was stupid enough to buy early bird tickets in November and now it's looking like the festival will either be cancelled or have a very weak lineup.

I love how they're calling it a "United States and Canada" tour. Most bands forget there is more to Canada than Toronto. Hell, even if there was Toronto and Montreal it would be more deserving of that title. They should just call it a "North American" tour. You should take the plunge and come to Toronto! i'll be going from Vancouver. It's not so bad.

THANK GOD!! I chose my show wisely.

Now... speaking of the Toronto show. Anyone else concerned that on the music today nin.com presale page for the Toronto show it only says "Reserved Pavilion and GA Lawn"? Is there not going to be a pre-sale option for the GA PIT? I know Molson Amphitheatre has a GA pit, i've been to two shows there before... 2006 NIN Summer tour and the Cure back in 2004. Sooo, are they not selling the pit for this show, or did they feel the need to leave it out but will still be there come time to pick our seats?

slave2thewage
03-16-2014, 03:57 PM
Just saw this on Facebook. Hashtag dead.

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1557731_10152327554911565_1639344242_n.jpg

Krazy
03-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Wouldn't doubt to see a second Red Rocks show pop for the 22nd. It's a day in between LV already and 3 days between RR and Illinois. Red Rocks is open according to their calendar.

Amazing venue- highly suggest anyone go there if the have the time and means.

Black Sabbath
03-16-2014, 05:40 PM
So the Nikon at Jones Beach Theatre definitely has GA, right?

FernandoDante
03-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Just saw this on Facebook. Hashtag dead.

Nice list of bands that aren't even remotely in the same league as Soundgarden and don't really share anything in common other than the existence during the 90's.

And they forgot Filter.

imail724
03-16-2014, 06:09 PM
I don't think I've ever been to a Jones Beach show that had GA. NINJA certainly did not.

Kodiak33
03-16-2014, 06:11 PM
I wish this didn't have a two ticket limit. I have 3 other friends that want to go.

suprefan
03-16-2014, 07:01 PM
Wouldn't doubt to see a second Red Rocks show pop for the 22nd. It's a day in between LV already and 3 days between RR and Illinois. Red Rocks is open according to their calendar.

Amazing venue- highly suggest anyone go there if the have the time and means.

Likely not to happen, and theyre smart enough to know that if 2 dates are happening, theyll both be posted initially. No need to hide anything.

bobbie solo
03-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Can you be logged into your musictoday account for the presale in two diff. locations? My wife wants to help me get tix for one show while i try for another date. She will be on a plane. will they allow this?

bobbie solo
03-16-2014, 07:06 PM
I don't think I've ever been to a Jones Beach show that had GA. NINJA certainly did not.

i thought i remembered a very small GA in the front that night.

souljalion
03-16-2014, 07:10 PM
Still no clue about pricing for the tour, right?

FULLMETAL
03-16-2014, 07:13 PM

This should help you out: #537 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/3008-NIN-with-Soundgarden-for-upcoming-summer-amphitheatre-NA-tour?p=172660#post172660)

jessamineny
03-16-2014, 07:15 PM

i thought i remembered a very small GA in the front that night.

There was no GA at Jones Beach for NINJA. (The photographers had to stand in the aisle, though, so that's what you might remember seeing.) The ampitheatre has undergone a renovation since then, and the bands can have a GA pit (or not).

Scarlet Siren
03-16-2014, 07:17 PM

You can see some of the pricing here

http://nin.tix.musictoday.com/calendar.aspx

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/ryzumyhy.jpg

Hollywood Bowl is $125. Ugh.

Demon.seed.22
03-16-2014, 07:27 PM

No ga/floor at jones beach :(

Powhatan
03-16-2014, 07:36 PM

that will be 125 for the closest box seats.
While the Official HB shows tend to be cheaper (sometimes) - this is a CHEAP price for a leased event.
They are often much more for those seats. Never mind that the HB is no run of the mill large venue.

Sandy Phimester
03-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Try for Vegas maybe?? It's usually cheaper for me (flying from Calgary) to go see NIN in Vegas, than it is in Toronto.

There are a few shows I want to see! have a buddy that lives in LA, so I might try to catch a couple at the end of the tour...I just hate how the pre-sale is the same time for all of these! going to make it hard to get tickets to multiple shows.

Yup, you're right. I'll have to think about it, although I just put a ton of cash into my car and some other stuff..... haha.... great timing!

Moebius
03-16-2014, 07:58 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/ryzumyhy.jpg

Jiminy Christmas, Planet Hollywood is up to $145!?! And it's listed as Reserved Seating.

suprefan
03-16-2014, 08:03 PM
that will be 125 for the closest box seats.
While the Official HB shows tend to be cheaper (sometimes) - this is a CHEAP price for a leased event.
They are often much more for those seats. Never mind that the HB is no run of the mill large venue.

Regular season shows are more than this, lets consider it a blessing. The only advantage a season show has is that the back sections are dirt cheap and you can bring in food and drink.

slave2thewage
03-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Nice list of bands that aren't even remotely in the same league as Soundgarden and don't really share anything in common other than the existence during the 90's.

And they forgot Filter.
Nice to see the joke went over your head.

FernandoDante
03-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Nice to see the joke went over your head.
Not really, but I assume the person must at least dislike Soundgarden quite a bit. Billpulsipher (whatever his name is) would probably put them in the same league and take it seriously.

Powhatan
03-16-2014, 08:56 PM
Regular season shows are more than this, lets consider it a blessing. The only advantage a season show has is that the back sections are dirt cheap and you can bring in food and drink.

All in all its NOT expensive for a leased bowl show. Not at all.

Some examples:

Atoms for Peace last year (leased show) were 100 for Terrace box - not sure how much more Garden boxes were but they are usually more.

Motley Crue (a leased event) is $194 for a box seat this year there. (just looked).

Xx box seats last year was way cheaper - because it was a La Phil sponsored show.

In 2007 I had regular seats BEHIND the boxes for The Cure and that was 108 per ticket.

In 2005 Sigur Ros was 110 for Terrace boxes. That was almost 10 years ago.

So no more bitching about Hollywood Bowl prices for this show. This is 2 big headliner bands.

You CAN bring food and drink into leased events - just not GLASS or aluminum cans. No alcohol. You can still bring a picnic basket (I did for the last NIN show there and I brought in the same for Atoms For Peace last fall (leased show).

slave2thewage
03-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Not really, but I assume the person must at least dislike Soundgarden quite a bit. Billpulsipher (whatever his name is) would probably put them in the same league and take it seriously.
I wish the list was real, because we could all be dejected that "Pussygrinder" was almost a real thing.

FULLMETAL
03-16-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm a little surprised at the $145 price tag for the Planet Hollywood gig. Both of the Hard Rock shows were $75 for NIN & an opener, so I would have expected it to be closer to 100 for NIN+SG. I guess the extra $45 is just the cost for being surrounded by images of Britney Spears.

billpulsipher
03-16-2014, 09:45 PM

I would put them in the same league as stone temple pilots and dear old Richard patricks band Filter, as washed up 90s bands

Dra508
03-16-2014, 10:49 PM

It says it on their Facebook page.

Krazy
03-16-2014, 10:57 PM
Random thought. I really hope NIN brings some type of production to this tour. Not expecting LITS but if anyone caught the Summer '06 tour (probably their most underrated tour) you can see what can be done by them without having 4 screens.

We we all like the music but the lighting/production/visuals is definitely what makes a NIN show "fun" and more of an experience than just a typical concert. Also wouldn't mind adding another musician.

Fuck I feel bad for typing that for the people across the pond that are huge fans and can't see them in any shape or form. :P

suprefan
03-16-2014, 11:19 PM
All in all its NOT expensive for a leased bowl show. Not at all.

Some examples:

Atoms for Peace last year (leased show) were 100 for Terrace box - not sure how much more Garden boxes were but they are usually more.

Motley Crue (a leased event) is $194 for a box seat this year there. (just looked).

Xx box seats last year was way cheaper - because it was a La Phil sponsored show.

In 2007 I had regular seats BEHIND the boxes for The Cure and that was 108 per ticket.

In 2005 Sigur Ros was 110 for Terrace boxes. That was almost 10 years ago.

So no more bitching about Hollywood Bowl prices for this show. This is 2 big headliner bands.

You CAN bring food and drink into leased events - just not GLASS or aluminum cans. No alcohol. You can still bring a picnic basket (I did for the last NIN show there and I brought in the same for Atoms For Peace last fall (leased show).

$92 for Atoms for Peace via their presale, and it was the same price for Garden and Pool. Sigur Ros wasnt $110 for one ticket, it was the price for a pair. ( I looked at my ticketmaster order and it was $58 for a single ticket in Terrace)

Depeche Mode in 2009 was $200 for the front. Last week Linkin Park and 30 Seconds to Mars went on sale at the Bowl and its $170 for the front. Thats a tour where theyre trying to get all the money possible out of their fans.

and in a few months, the prime seats for NIN/Soundgarden will be auctioned off to "benefit" the Los Angeles Philharmonic Foundation. So do not get too upset when you cannot get center Garden seats up front tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Kyle
03-16-2014, 11:27 PM
Random thought. I really hope NIN brings some type of production to this tour. Not expecting LITS but if anyone caught the Summer '06 tour (probably their most underrated tour) you can see what can be done by them without having 4 screens.

We we all like the music but the lighting/production/visuals is definitely what makes a NIN show "fun" and more of an experience than just a typical concert. Also wouldn't mind adding another musician.

Fuck I feel bad for typing that for the people across the pond that are huge fans and can't see them in any shape or form. :P

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking exactly that.

trollmanen
03-16-2014, 11:51 PM
How are people already getting to the Musictoday page with listings with pricing? I don't see a link from within the NIN.com page, and when clicking on the link on the last page, I got an error since I didn't pass through the NIN.com page. I remember this last time from the fall tour onsale, but I don't remember the workaround.

FULLMETAL
03-17-2014, 12:05 AM
How are people already getting to the Musictoday page with listings with pricing? I don't see a link from within the NIN.com page, and when clicking on the link on the last page, I got an error since I didn't pass through the NIN.com page. I remember this last time from the fall tour onsale, but I don't remember the workaround.

If you're logged into your account, go to the tour page and click the pre-sale link for the Toulouse, France show. That will give you the cookie to access the pricing page.

trollmanen
03-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Thanks! Looks like both VA shows top out at $99 (pit I presume) and they're both two hours from Richmond. I'm only doing one show so I'll probably go for the Bristow show. I'm not excited about the other bands, and with tickets being what they are, my days of hitting multiple shows are over. Plus, seeing them in Philly at MIA Fest and DC in the fall, I've had my fix.

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 12:50 AM
$92 for Atoms for Peace via their presale, and it was the same price for Garden and Pool. Sigur Ros wasnt $110 for one ticket, it was the price for a pair. ( I looked at my ticketmaster order and it was $58 for a single ticket in Terrace)

Depeche Mode in 2009 was $200 for the front. Last week Linkin Park and 30 Seconds to Mars went on sale at the Bowl and its $170 for the front. Thats a tour where theyre trying to get all the money possible out of their fans.

and in a few months, the prime seats for NIN/Soundgarden will be auctioned off to "benefit" the Los Angeles Philharmonic Foundation. So do not get too upset when you cannot get center Garden seats up front tomorrow and the rest of the week.

crap - you were right about Sigur Ros - I was just quickly looking at old emails.
STILL - those are way smaller acts - Sigur Ros didnt even come CLOSE to selling out the venue - to say NIN/Soundgarden price is really high for that venue is just not right. That was my point.

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 12:57 AM
I'm a little surprised at the $145 price tag for the Planet Hollywood gig. Both of the Hard Rock shows were $75 for NIN & an opener, so I would have expected it to be closer to 100 for NIN+SG. I guess the extra $45 is just the cost for being surrounded by images of Britney Spears.

isnt this the venue that was just redone and re-opened since that last show?

ManBurning
03-17-2014, 01:10 AM
I have a bad feeling about this pit business. After doing some research on the venue in Toronto, it appears it swings both ways depending on the show. Here I thought it was all GA, but there is an option to have the "GA pit" area turned into seats for some shows, where some others it is removed. I have a feeling Trent wants full blown seats for all the venue's this time around and has removed the up front pit area and it is all going to be seats. That would explain why on the musictoday presale page all the venues only say "reserved pavillion and GA Lawn" on them.

For example, on ticketmaster, if you look up other events playing at the Molson Amphitheatre, you'll see that Arcade Fire and Arctic Monkey's have an open floor, but Motley Crue and Linoel Richie don't, the "floor" area has been replaced with 100 level seating. Dare I say that a newer / younger band will open the floor but a seasoned rocker wants seats now?

I don't wanna be the one that has to say this, but I will... it seems that NIN may finally be showing their age if Trent chose an all seated arrangement. He just crossed the line from out of control rock n roll show to nice and orderly seating that everyone can smile and nod their head to in their own little 2 foot bubble area.

I don't care what anyone says, there is NO such thing as being too old for rocking out on the floor. I have a friend my age (30) who refuses to get floor for shows anymore.
Keeps saying he's "too old" for the floor and needs his seat. Too old!? I see old men with grey beards rocking out in the pit / floor area of shows. There is no such a thing as "too old" age is just a number. I feel the same I did 10 years ago.

Damn... that sucks. I really wanted a floor ticket. Well, i'm prepairing myself for disappointment come tomorrow when I see it's all seats. It'll be easy to swallow that way.
I hope all this complaining/worrying was for nothing come tomorrow morning when tickets go on sale and i discover a nice option to buy GA floor tickets.

WorzelG
03-17-2014, 01:21 AM
^^^don't forget they're joint headliners so there's two bands wishes to take into consideration

Kyle
03-17-2014, 01:42 AM
38 and I still love my floor seats. I don't like it when it gets excessively violent but I didn't when I was younger either.

AgentofChaos
03-17-2014, 01:46 AM
As someone who is going to the Toronto show, and presumed there would be a pit, as I've been to 20+ shows at the Amp and have never once seen the pit with seats, I'm torn.

On one hand, I completely agree, your never too old to rock out. It's fun to be up and moving and loose and not be confined to the small area that is your seat. There can be an energy in the pit that is unmatched, regardless of whether or not you like to mosh or jump up and down. I'm older and tire much easier these days, but still generally prefer GA, especially at the ACC shows I attend.

On the other, I am more than ok with a seated only venue if the set list calls for it. Much like Maynard's Puscifer shows. If it has some instrumental album tracks, Ghosts, stuff from TSN/DT, TR on the piano, or some bridge school style rendition of tracks, then I'm ALL for that. But I'm all but certain we're going to get the Wish, HLAH, THTF, Survivalism, Gave Up traditional festival style setlist. Which I'm fine with. But I'd probably rather the pit for that. But as someone who is midly ok with Soundgarden but not a huge fan by any stretch, it would probably be pretty nice to be seated for their set, so I can be fully energized once TR hits the stage.

So yeah, whatever happens happens. I won't take it to be some statement one way or the other. Pros and cons is all.

ManBurning
03-17-2014, 02:02 AM
If I attend a show on this tour, it'll be my 15th NIN show and out of the 14 I have attended, only once have I ever been in seats (Edmonton 2005) and it was a last minute decision while waiting in the spiral pre-sale line. I had a floor ticket, but I started to not feel well, so I trade with a kid who really wanted floor. He gave me some extra cash for it as well. I was a little worried about the pit at the show because Edmonton crowds are psycho (they are the most violent pits in North America), so I felt it was better to not risk it and take the seat. The end verdict? Wasn't the same... Just wasn't the same. Swore off ever being in a seat at a NIN show from that day on.

Ironically, the barrier broke that show. The band had to stop playing and security tried to get 5000+ people on the floor to take a good 10-15 foot step back or the show wasn't going to continue. Took about 30 mins to get that many rowdy fans on the floor to cooperate, they fixed the barrier and the show went on.

Scarlet Siren
03-17-2014, 02:26 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/my6yre8u.jpg

Kyle
03-17-2014, 02:28 AM
All this talk of amphitheater pits is taking me back to the Bowie tour. I saw it an amphitheater venue (coca cola starlake amphitheater outside of Pittsburgh). Me and my buddy got lawn tickets. We sat up there and watched Prick. For those who weren't there, during the time between Prick and NIN, every couple minutes or so, a smoke machine would spit out smoke and nobody thought anything of it because it kept happening. But at one point undercover of the smoke machine, Chris Vrenna would sneak behind the drum kit and just start playing the opening drums to Terrible Lie and the band would just run out on stage and start. No warning at all. It's why almost all bootlegs from that tour are missing the very beginning of the song. It also meant the ticket checkers at the opening of the next section were completely overwhelmed and we (and plenty others) just ran right past them. The people blocking the entrance to the pit were much more in control and we couldn't get past them but it didn't matter. We all just moshed in the aisles. Only break was when the paramedics came to take care of someone during Wish. The people in that general area were respectful of that. Otherwise though it was chaos. In the aisles, which were steps even. I'm not surprised someone was injured. I had a scar on my arm for years from that which I can't find anymore (it wasn't very big but I wore it with pride). The looks on the baby boomers faces who just wanted to find their seats to watch David Bowie were priceless. Some of them were angry. Others downright terrified. Then when Bowie took the stage and NIN left, so did half the crowd so me and my friend found an empty pair of seats and sat down and enjoyed the rest of the show.

Moral of the story? If there's no pit, just mosh in the aisles. Ignoring the fact that most of us are closer in age to the baby boomers in the above story than the mosh pit.

Scarlet Siren
03-17-2014, 02:30 AM
If you're logged into your account, go to the tour page and click the pre-sale link for the Toulouse, France show. That will give you the cookie to access the pricing page.

You caught me! :p

Kyle
03-17-2014, 02:36 AM
Also about the time of the Bowie tour was also when I discovered this internet thing. I found out that Chris Vrenna was from Erie, just like the friend in that above story. So I asked him if he knew him. Rough paraphrasing.

Him: I don't know a Chris in particular but I know the family. They're a bunch of inbred hicks. Why? Do you know him? Don't tell me you're related to him or something.
me: he's the drummer for nine inch nails.
Him: really? (Pause) y'know I could see one of them being friends with Trent Reznor. I'm not surprised.

I think at that point I got out my VHS of all the NIN videos and Broken movie and watched the MOTP video since it probably gave the best look at Chris of any NIN videos.

Scarlet Siren
03-17-2014, 02:41 AM
The thought of sitting down at a NIN show makes me fucking depressed! I've only ever sat at jazz or classical shows. That makes sense to me.

Geez...

TheBang
03-17-2014, 03:10 AM
I updated the Google Map of the tour:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zyI-rLFt-keI.kAnL9kWlE8xU

isnt this the venue that was just redone and re-opened since that last show?
No. Different venues.

FernandoDante
03-17-2014, 03:49 AM
I would put them in the same league as stone temple pilots and dear old Richard patricks band Filter, as washed up 90s bands
Wow I remembered your username just right.

GulDukat
03-17-2014, 04:11 AM
Anyone know how often ticketmaster updates their website?

thatguymark
03-17-2014, 09:03 AM
Happy pre-sale day everybody. I'm 35 years old, and it may be a little ridiculous at this point in my life, but there's very little that makes me feel as anxious and excited as knowing I'll be refreshing a website hoping for pit tickets to a NIN show in a couple of hours. Ahh, anticipation.

r_k_f
03-17-2014, 09:38 AM
I only get mad if there's GA and I can't get in... If there's no GA so be it... [hopes for GA]
I've only witnessed one show at Jones Beach NY where they actually have had GA though, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

k258
03-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Happy pre-sale day everybody. I'm 35 years old, and it may be a little ridiculous at this point in my life, but there's very little that makes me feel as anxious and excited as knowing I'll be refreshing a website hoping for pit tickets to a NIN show in a couple of hours. Ahh, anticipation.
If it's ridiculous for you, how must it be for me? I have 20 years on you!

GulDukat
03-17-2014, 09:46 AM

I'm 34 and can relate.

I've seen NIN 8x and Soundgarden once, so it's not quite as thrilling. Still, this tour will be awesome.

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 09:48 AM
I just wish someone would put this whole "2 tickets or 4 tickets" max thing to rest. I'm anxious about that because it's kinda a big deal if you try to go for 3, and it's like "lol no max 2" and then the 2 you would have gotten if you had known to only go for 2 are taken by the time it says that.

Amaro
03-17-2014, 09:49 AM
I just wish someone would put this whole "2 tickets or 4 tickets" max thing to rest. I'm anxious about that because it's kinda a big deal if you try to go for 3, and it's like "lol no max 2" and then the 2 you would have gotten if you had known to only go for 2 are taken by the time it says that.

Wtf where did I read early on about 4 tickets per customer in NIN.com presale...

Your 3 ticket scenario is exactly what I am now fearing.

RJK
03-17-2014, 09:52 AM

The presale website was updated this morning and says 4. Hopefully that is right.

Kyle
03-17-2014, 09:53 AM
The official terms and conditions said 2 so that's what I would think.

Amaro
03-17-2014, 10:00 AM
Oh fuck me. Strike one for this leg for ticket related issues. Can't even make shit clear.

mr9inchnail
03-17-2014, 10:02 AM

Same age and feel the exact same way !! Good luck to you !! Knowing how the presales have gone for me in the past I'm sure my coworkers will hear some new curse words today! LOL

mr9inchnail
03-17-2014, 10:03 AM

Agreed! I'm having my fiancé log in to buy 2 extra tickets as we have two other people that want to go. I'm not getting screwed out of two tickets because nobody seems to know for sure what the limit actually is.

FeelBetterINC
03-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Same age and feel the exact same way !! Good luck to you !! Knowing how the presales have gone for me in the past I'm sure my coworkers will hear some new curse words today! LOL

I just wished it was clear. If I order 4 like I'm planning and my order gets cancelled I'm gonna be furious.

DonkeyBoner42

I'm 32 and right with you. I'm hoping for first row behind pit, just like I got for Nobelsville, IN twice.

sick among the pure
The presale website was updated this morning and says 4. Hopefully that is right.

I refreshed the page and the info link on nin.com still says 2 for me. I hope you're right and it's 4.

The official terms and conditions said 2 so that's what I would think.

The official terms are different in different locations. The site says 2, but the official e-mail, FB, etc all have said 4.

FeelBetterINC
03-17-2014, 10:06 AM
For those that did presale in the past, is it NORMALLY 4? Could it just be a typo on the 2?

DonkeyBoner42
03-17-2014, 10:07 AM
4 via Ticketmaster "mywave" is password for soundgarden presale
2 via NIN.com

I would go forth with what you need with that information. I'm sure NIN.com will have access to better seats, though. Usually do.

jessamineny
03-17-2014, 10:09 AM
It won't even give you the choice of buying 3 or 4 tickets if the limit is 2. I wouldn't worry about that.

Kyle
03-17-2014, 10:10 AM
I refreshed the page and the info link on nin.com still says 2 for me. I hope you're right and it's 4.

The official terms are different in different locations. The site says 2, but the official e-mail, FB, etc all have said 4.

I don't think I'd consider those things official terms and conditions though. They're promotional. The one on the website that says two is written up all official looking and probably (I don't remember from other times to be honest) is what you have to read and click the "I agree to" box.

Either er way, it's definitely a big screw up on their part.

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 10:11 AM
It won't even give you the choice of buying 3 or 4 tickets if the limit is 2. I wouldn't worry about that.

I've never bought more than just my own ticket, and twice my fiance's when I took him to see NIN, so I never knew. Thanks.

mr9inchnail
03-17-2014, 10:12 AM
I just wished it was clear. If I order 4 like I'm planning and my order gets cancelled I'm gonna be furious.

I've have my fiancé logged in at her work right now with instructions to buy two while I buy two under my account. I'm not getting screwed over !! Happy refreshing ! God I hope this goes over smoothly! Good luck to all!

RJK
03-17-2014, 10:13 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/u5yqy2y6.jpg

Under 3.

Amaro
2 it is...alrighty.

Edit: Or... *sigh* lol

sick among the pure
I don't think I'd consider those things official terms and conditions though. They're promotional. The one on the website that says two is written up all official looking and probably (I don't remember from other times to be honest) is what you have to read and click the "I agree to" box.

Considering the rest of the terms in the e-mail were copied straight from the site, and it's all on official letter head, etc, the fact that the 2 was switched to 4 made me curious.
Big screw up, yeah, plus I tweeted Rob who is usually good at responding to things like this, and got nothing. :\

jessamineny

Those terms/conditions are the same every time, so they could have just forgotten to update that number.

Kyle
03-17-2014, 10:14 AM

But people still need to make plans. I was considering going to two shows but because of financial considerations I'm just getting one ticket today. If I was getting the second one, I'd probably ask a friend who's going to the other one if they could snag an extra one for me since they Presale at the same time. But if there's a limit of two it's her and her husband getting the two tickets and I have to find another way. If it's four she could probably help. But I wouldn't know.

Fortunately I'm only doing Camden for now so it doesn't really matter.

PhilH
03-17-2014, 10:15 AM
Hi everyone,

A few things for those looking to go to the Jones Beach show, er, excuse me Nikon At Jones Beach Theater show. There IS now a GA Pit for some shows after the venue was renovated after Hurricane Sandy. Both the Fall Out Boy and Linkin Park shows have a GA Pit this year. However, based on the Ticketmaster seating chart and the fact that there are already tickets in "Section A" available on StubHub, that leads me to believe that there will NOT be a pit this year. This is most likely for the following reasons:

1) The insurance to book the venue is higher with a pit so, perhaps to keep prices down, the band/promoter/tour manager chose seats instead
2) Based on the aging fanbase of both these bands, perhaps they thought their audience might prefer seats (which is odd considering the arena tour had a GA floor)

Overall, that's still totally weak but, it seems we'll be stuck rocking out in our chairs drinking soda pop (the venue does not sell alcohol either). See you guys there!

Kyle
03-17-2014, 10:16 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/u5yqy2y6.jpg

Under 3.

So in summation - this is one big massive clusterfuck.

jessamineny
03-17-2014, 10:18 AM
But people still need to make plans. I was considering going to two shows but because of financial considerations I'm just getting one ticket today. If I was getting the second one, I'd probably ask a friend who's going to the other one if they could snag an extra one for me since they Presale at the same time. But if there's a limit of two it's her and her husband getting the two tickets and I have to find another way. If it's four she could probably help. But I wouldn't know.

Fortunately I'm only doing Camden for now so it doesn't really matter.

You just make plans the way you always have. It's always been 2 -- if you need more than that, get a buddy to make an account and also buy. If you're able to buy more than that, I'd just consider it a bonus.

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 10:22 AM
You just make plans that way you always have. It's always been 2 -- if you need more than that, get a buddy to make an account and also buy. If you're able to buy more than that, I'd just consider it a bonus.

The #1 way to get presale tickets derives from obsessive planning that NIN fans have mastered over time. Right now my sister is helping out for one show.

jessamineny
03-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Yup. I got a ticket to that Scala club show for a friend. Teamwork is where it's at.

Kyle
03-17-2014, 10:25 AM
You just make plans the way you always have. It's always been 2 -- if you need more than that, get a buddy to make an account and also buy. If you're able to buy more than that, I'd just consider it a bonus.

Yeah, but suppose I wasn't a member of this forum and just saw four in the email and planned accordingly without clicking on the rules on the site and got screwed?

Yes lots of "what if's" but there are a lot of NIN fans who aren't members of this forum who just see four in the email and get screwed.

center27j
03-17-2014, 10:28 AM

I can tell you this about the venue...it's hands down, without question the worst place in the united states to attend a show. for this reason I urge everyone to put their allegiance for nin aside and save their money. this place is an absolute atrocity.

already spoken with several people who were very excited for this show...once the venue was announced everyone (without hesitation) bailed.....rightfully so.

ILoveFestivals
03-17-2014, 10:36 AM
It's been a while since the last round of presale tickets went on sale for North America. Am I right to sit on the NIN tour page logged in and refresh? Am I forgetting something else?

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 10:40 AM
It's been a while since the last round of presale tickets went on sale for North America. Am I right to sit on the NIN tour page logged in and refresh? Am I forgetting something else?

Your lucky penny, rabit's foot, totem, wood to knock on, etc.

20 min, good luck everyone!

ninhead007
03-17-2014, 10:40 AM
Copied from the NIN facebook, it's 4 according to them and I would think they know what they're talking about, either way you can check the source if this copy paste isn't good enough proof for you :P

"Nine Inch Nails will tour North America with Soundgarden (https://www.facebook.com/Soundgarden) this summer, with Death Grips (https://www.facebook.com/deathgripz) opening. NIN.com member presales begin Monday, March 17th at 12:00pm local venue time. NIN.com membership is free. Presales include early entry and have a 4 ticket limit. Signup at http://www.nin.com/http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhEgASAPeCALTttfLy8mHSYNTm1FfPVt3 r3CmEJ6jqqRd7FmvWa/T484Pdg93733fad/b69k7MTfPz88DbwDSLMlmgWI/hkEKTQZvGmju0OpzmnIe6hg92DQx0Cvz8/Bp8GPf398jgyCeYJj RPv///z 4PsXjxWeoZkW3RKnaqmrVak26TITOhGOxYWGuYaDfodjm1z2UP EvISsPdwk pTszhzO717i6ILZzbnTGJL1 tXnCtb1W4VPn8 YvYi/Dy8KThpHPJc rz6R2DG2KsYhyKG v064ncisrgysHewF jXi6QLUiWRzuxOs3izdP11W/Mb0uwSiqHKRF7Dy6eLWKlYNbl1nO7ch2TG Xs5TihN3OvcsbexcDcv226bdnn2cPxxfDx8Nrq2pfNlxSAEki2 R5PLlFW6VTGSMD 1Pj6rPWWvZTKeMJTfk32/fbLWsjeuNnzAfPz9/DiqN0K1Qo7Xj7/fvxt GmrOaiKFIE63TdPk02qqaWrGadnp2X7NfsDxwcr1zNT41hmQF////wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CH5BAEAAIIALAAAAAASABIAAAj/AAUJHCiwAA2CCAfCsaBkA5Q6CCZoSSgQzA0hJxhobELmxRQHCA d0YAOopMmSaSqAFKjAwJs/MGP sRHICws9AzPg8MOzpx8VgaoE8qFhgEADLQAoXdonEAkRYQJxyS KowJ0DWAPxOPAjEB0OHIBYmSNBUAQzGDAEkhFoT6AjHjzwCaRj TQezSSgEWtFjS6A2ECC4CFSGQhEEVYMsCGQkQIArXwJQCYRnwQ InZQUZsJMi0AzHAfIEGtOg9JMcAjNgSWAiEBMIXQLJSUAbRVGW BtAIOBPoQ6AlAoILUFOC4AAEcQhcCHSBgHMCUkKsHDigBogRD7 LDcDMEiQKKOyxUDdggJkrEGBQTFiCSPiAAOw== (https://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/http%3A//www.nin.com/%26h%3Dxaqg31p0r%26enc%3Dazpbyqp4daydwiwtsnsqzk9ls 3rb5trg-cbzvej8moudx_d0pigcrje0ok29qkzu-x3fywg6sp5vojfjwo34hotfkmivaqqsjqe82oyejlhnkdl4epz k-bbrn6zi5t0errsjzimzf4zbsqvz5wvww181%26s%3D1/-?pip=false&premium=true&client_uid=3482303578&client_ver=3.6.5.135&client_type=IEPlugin&suite=true&aff_id=0-3085&locale=en_us&ui=1&os_ver=6.1.1.0)"

https://www.facebook.com/ninofficial

ekrekel
03-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Glad the East Coast gets to be the guinnea pig(again).

m15a
03-17-2014, 10:49 AM
quick question: should I just keep refreshing the tour.nin.com page until the times change to links? or should I go to http://nin.tix.musictoday.com/calendar.aspx and find the proper concert and refresh on that page?

Anomander
03-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Anyone ever try and set up two accounts and try for tickets using two computers, and have success?

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 10:51 AM
quick question: should I just keep refreshing the tour.nin.com page until the times change to links? or should I go to http://nin.tix.musictoday.com/calendar.aspx and find the proper concert and refresh on that page?

In the past, the calendar link has worked, and other times it didn't. It's really all a toss up and luck when it comes to pre-sales. Has been ever since The Spiral.

m0reta
03-17-2014, 10:51 AM
These days the ridiculousness of the pit has been replaced by presale funtimes which we're about to experience.

Let the battle commence! /Gary King

Mr.Metheus
03-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Good luck, everyone!

FeelBetterINC
03-17-2014, 11:01 AM
Ahh waiting timer!!

Amaro
03-17-2014, 11:02 AM
yay good one!

thatguymark
03-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Ahh waiting timer!!

Same here. It started with a 5 minute countdown for me.

Fadeout54321
03-17-2014, 11:03 AM
anyone in yet? I started with a 7min countdown

Amaro
03-17-2014, 11:03 AM
neverfucking MIND

m15a
03-17-2014, 11:04 AM
woo! got it!

Pit ticket for Camden!

Me too. See you there.

Gardenia Spectre
03-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Damn waiting rooms. NY is the worst since they cannot do will call by law and scalpers are in the mix. So many tickets already available at resellers.

Kyle
03-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Pit ticket for Camden!

Amaro
03-17-2014, 11:06 AM
anyone else still on hold? (for Michigan?)

ninhead007
03-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Still in line for MI.

Powhatan
just did a dry run. That character thing is a bitch!
It took me 5 or 6 tries and most of the time I literally had NO IDEA what letters it was showing me.
F that thing.

roolfdriht
Anyone else have trouble reading the capchas? Maybe I'm blind, but I had to refresh 4-5 times before getting one that was comprehensible (and consequently I whiffed on tickets). Oh well, survival of the fittest...

EDIT: glad I'm not alone!

FeelBetterINC
this is bull. i cant get a ticket for camden anywhere

sick among the pure
1 for NJ, all that anxiety is gone now. Phew.

Gardenia Spectre
03-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Keep getting error page. Totally screwed.

trollmanen
What is all this Reserved P1, P2, P3, P4 stuff? It's showing up for both Virginia shows, though it doesn't match the seating chart they provide.

cynicmuse
I failed the captcha 6 times. WTF? I honestly couldn't figure out what the letters were. As much as it pains me to admit this, I prefer Ticketmaster's "enter a phrase from our gratuitous advertising banner" to this "well, I think that's a p, but it could be anything".
Edit: Nice to know that I'm not the only one failing the captcha. I'll definitely refresh when I'm getting my CA tickets.

otnavuskire
03-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Wow the captcha the website used was impossible to read. Had to request a new one like 10 times before I got it right. Got two tickets for Mansfield, MA though. Front row, center!

NINisamazing
03-17-2014, 11:09 AM
So,I was looking. I guess no pitt for toronto huh?

mr9inchnail
03-17-2014, 11:11 AM
WOOHOO Section 102 Row M seats, 10, 11 and 12 !!

Although I was hoping for a pit in Toronto I'm still extremely happy with these tickets and this was way less stress than the last presale !!

jshebib

Weird, reserved p1, p2, and p3 level. Tried right at noon to get p1 and then p2, both were sold out right away. My guess is that they didn't have many tickets. Will try again during the public sale. don't want to get p3 what ever that is... probably on the grass.

Amaro
Mozilla worked better for me than Safari? Like somewhere into my 8 minute timer on Safari I tried Mozilla with a timer, then again later with no timer at all...Safari timer still going. So I went through the whole process. Held some P3 tickets with the 15 minute timer there, checked on Safari and went to see what tickets I could get there and then I ran into the Error page. Wow. Fuck it all.

But I'm cool. 3 tickets...

BLEH. Terrible ticket anxiety still blowing over.

redshoewearer
I failed the captcha 6 times. WTF? I honestly couldn't figure out what the letters were. As much as it pains me to admit this, I prefer Ticketmaster's "enter a phrase from our gratuitous advertising banner" to this "well, I think that's a p, but it could be anything".
Edit: Nice to know that I'm not the only one failing the captcha. I'll definitely refresh when I'm getting my CA tickets.

The captcha thing isn't working well - I know I'm typing in the right letters and it keeps saying wrong, and then it made me start over.

halo33
03-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Kept telling me I was putting the stupid fucking captcha in wrong. I have NEVER had this much trouble getting presale tickets. EVER.

What..the. flying..fuck!?

spahn
what a clusterfuck of an experience. timer, then error page...had to get in via one of the european links to select the WPB date to finally purchase. had to go through at least 5 sets of captchas before i finally was able to purchase. got pretty decent seats, but im pretty disappointed because they are not as good as the NINJA tour seats i had.

klyrish
I can tell you this about the venue...it's hands down, without question the worst place in the united states to attend a show. for this reason I urge everyone to put their allegiance for nin aside and save their money. this place is an absolute atrocity.

already spoken with several people who were very excited for this show...once the venue was announced everyone (without hesitation) bailed.....rightfully so.

Seriously...I saw them on the 2006 summer tour there and it was the worst NIN experience I've ever had.

I can't wait for the 7/21 show to go on sale. RED ROCKS! I just hope tickets are $100 or less. :-/

lady weetly
I'm pretty sure the captcha shit is fucking me up for Clarkston, $112 for a seat not even close to the stage. It's P1 too. I'm so confused and I'm not sure if I should just go with this eh ticket to keep on trying.

Fuck it all, ended up just sticking with the ticket because it just kept on giving me the same one or no tickets available at this time. It's honestly not even that good for $112, so disappointed, but whatever.

klyrish
what a clusterfuck of an experience. timer, then error page...had to get in via one of the european links to select the WPB date to finally purchase. had to go through at least 5 sets of captchas before i finally was able to purchase. got pretty decent seats, but im pretty disappointed because they are not as good as the NINJA tour seats i had.
How much were tickets for you?

m15a
03-17-2014, 11:13 AM
regarding the CAPTCHA, after you mess up one, the next one is much is easier to read. So if you can't magically read that blurry text, just type something in and it'll give you an easier one. I typed it in with the proper uppercase letters, so it might be case sensitive. EDIT: yeah. it's still not easy, though . . .

this is bull. i cant get a ticket for camden anywhere

Sorry. I'd keep trying, though. Some tickets might pop up when they leave people's carts.

m0reta
03-17-2014, 11:13 AM
Austin is on sale now just FYI for those going.

Melissa A. Veal
03-17-2014, 11:14 AM
wtf no pit for charlotte? i keep getting s1, s2, s3. pissed

NINisamazing
This sucks. Waiting room, then error, and it kept telling me the captcha was wrong. WTF. Fuck this. This presale sucks..

thatguymark
Atlanta had 3 price levels of reserved seats and then cheap GA, which I can only assume to be the lawn. So, after a 5 minute delay into an error page that sent me back to the event listing, and then failing the CAPTCHA twice, I ended up with what appears to be a front row seat. Sec 101 Row A Seat 3. Consider me thrilled. And, while it would be worth it, it is a bit of a relief that I don't have to worry about getting there early since it's (presumably) all reserved. :)

trollmanen
Got tickets for DC. After finding a map from the Motley Crue show, looks like I have seats in the far right of the pit, Orch 1, Row K, Seats 7 and 8. This is kinda lame, I really don't understand why there are seats in the pit for this show.

frankie teardrop
03-17-2014, 11:15 AM
waiting room was a bitch... had a 2 minute wait then had an error page. thought all was lost. a refresh worked, thank god. couldn't find any P1 tickets, so got two P2 tickets for jones beach. section 9L, row N. center, just one section back. decent.

capthas were awful...very case sensitive.

rewt75
03-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Can anyone confirm the ability to buy more than two tickets?

spahn
03-17-2014, 11:16 AM
How much were tickets for you?

$237 after fees.

Kylix
03-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Got row W for MI, by selecting P1. There was no description of the differences in the Ps. Did anyone get pit for there?

I'm thinking there wasn't any. Also agree with a prior post that I wasn't even sure I wanted to buy when I got row W. Expensive trip to sit so far back. I am disappointed there is not pit.

ManBurning
03-17-2014, 11:17 AM

Nope... my fears came true. No Pit for Toronto. Only show that has a pit is Camden. What the hell is up with that?
Whatever I still snagged 2 100 level tickets anyway. Better than not going to a show at all...

Level 102 - Row K - Seats 17-18

Took me 3x with the bloody captcha as well, that was pissing me off. Probably could have locked in closer seats if it wasn't for that. But i'm satisfied with what I got.

Jon Griffin
that presale experience was horrendous. fucking waiting room and a captcha that doesn't fucking work? are you kidding? At least I lucked out and managed to get P1.

camebackhaunted
Ew, $100 for seats.

Can anyone confirm the ability to buy more than two tickets?
I can confirm that the quanity box goes from 0 to 4.

ManBurning
WOOHOO Section 102 Row M seats, 10, 11 and 12 !!

Although I was hoping for a pit in Toronto I'm still extremely happy with these tickets and this was way less stress than the last presale !!

You're 2 rows behind me, heh. Congrats.

R-Dot-Yung
03-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Abysmal.

Failed the Jones Beach Captcha 6 times, no seats available.

Had tickets in my cart for Camden, hit order, "Process cannot be completed cart is empty".

Couldn't have had worse luck. My NINJA seats were all 1st or 2nd row. I didn't expect that kind of luck again but jesus christ this was defeating. How am I supposed to get past these Captchas. So much rage inside of me right now.

Mr.Metheus
wtf no pit for charlotte? i keep getting s1, s2, s3. pissed

I got row G, and on their "pit" seating chart the seats start at J, so I guess not. Sorry.

ryanj101
After hitting the waiting room, I chickened out and bought my ATL tix via the Soundgarden pre-sale.

klyrish
03-17-2014, 11:19 AM
$237 after fees.
Sigh. That really sucks. Red Rocks is going to be exorbitant then :(

creid8
I started out with 3 or 4 completely unreadable captchas in a row, and didn't spot the "give me a new captcha" link. Came up with nothing.

khris
This sucks. Waiting room, then error, and it kept telling me the captcha was wrong. WTF. Fuck this. This presale sucks..
Yup, same here. I've never had an experience where the captcha was so hard to use before!

Kyle
Nope... my fears came true. No Pit for Toronto. Only show that has a pit is Camden. What the hell is up with that?
Whatever I still snagged 2 100 level tickets anyway. Better than not going to a show at all...

Level 102 - Row K - Seats 17-18

Took me 3x with the bloody captcha as well, that was pissing me off. Probably could have locked in closer seats if it wasn't for that. But i'm satisfied with what I got.

really? Camden is the only show on the whole east coast with a pit? Now I'm even more happy with the Presale! Even if I did have to catches about seven or eight times, many of which I know were right.

mutato
03-17-2014, 11:20 AM
MA show - got Sec 2 row V .. took 20mins to get the center section. Ended up getting it through Live Nation. Errored out at NIN.com after I sat que for 5mins.

Jon Griffin
03-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Tension was a breeze compared to this clusterfuck.

sick among the pure
I got a ticket for Toronto (ugh, seats. I didn't even look at where it was, just went for the closest section and said "YEAH OK WHATEVER" when it found a single. I have no idea where my seat is, lol.) but my friend didn't get any because of the waiting page. The Calendar page was an instant in, the main page links went to a waiting page which counted down to access the calendar page. For my non-east coast friends, have the calendar open in another tab. It's the only reason I got my tickets, nothing was left by the time the count down was done.

Oh, ok, yeah, cool. I spent the most money, $100 fucking dollars, and it gave me a 300 level seat?! WHAT?! Since when does P1: most expensive mean fucking 300 level?
Yeah, it's my fault for seeing "row G" and just saying "yes ok it's a ticket I'm ok" without seeing the section number because I was afraid I'd lose it.
FML. That was a waste of $100...

Powhatan
YES - you could pick 4 seats if you wanted - so its 4. We know that now.

And that Captcha thing is a BITCH. I was doing a dry run for Toronto. It took 6 tries - couldnt even read it. Then I got good seats still - let them go - tried again - took me about 6 tries AGAIN to get more tix - then tix not as good.

At least I confirmed the process and the seat count.

But jesus to they have to make them so hard to read?!?! Its supposed to ward off BOTS - not humans.

R-Dot-Yung
03-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Tension was a breeze compared to this clusterfuck.

Seriously why was this so awful in comparison.