PDA

View Full Version : NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

elevenism
05-26-2014, 08:32 PM
I don't mean to be a downer here...don't get me wrong...ANY NIN show is a good NIN show.
But i REALLY wish i would have seen Tension. It was groundbreaking, what with the huge band and back-up singers...but they didn't bring it to Dallas or Tulsa (i kind of live back and forth between the texas panhandle and the dirty dirty D.)

Now i DO like soundgarden, but this shorter NIN set with a smaller band and fewer lights...sigh...i don't think i'll be making it out :(

Lastentrance
05-27-2014, 02:47 PM
I predict a lot of NIN fans up front not feeling Soundgarden. Atmosphere might be a bit weird. Good to hear NIN are on last though (no reason for a coin toss here!)

WorzelG
05-27-2014, 02:53 PM
I don't mean to be a downer here...don't get me wrong...ANY NIN show is a good NIN show.
But i REALLY wish i would have seen Tension. It was groundbreaking, what with the huge band and back-up singers...but they didn't bring it to Dallas or Tulsa (i kind of live back and forth between the texas panhandle and the dirty dirty D.)

Now i DO like soundgarden, but this shorter NIN set with a smaller band and fewer lights...sigh...i don't think i'll be making it out :(
As someone who had a similar attitude about not getting Tension in the UK recently, NO No No - that would be a foolish mistake, they are really on fire at the moment.

TheRealNs1
05-27-2014, 03:28 PM
I predict a lot of NIN fans up front not feeling Soundgarden. Atmosphere might be a bit weird. Good to hear NIN are on last though (no reason for a coin toss here!)

how is this any different from NIN/JA? I don't love SG, but after a few bottles of Moet I'm sure they'll sound decent enough.

WorzelG
05-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Ugh I hope people don't start disrespecting Soundgarden, not that I love them, but that attitude is so miserable like not clapping support bands

implanted_microchip
05-27-2014, 03:37 PM
I'll be honest I don't enjoy SG at all, I've tried Superunknown in full, I've tried other songs people have recommended, it just refuses to click for me. I'm honestly glad they're playing first because I really do think I'd end up leaving if NIN played first, and I know that's something of an asshole move to make; thankfully this discourages me doing that, and if I really can't stand it I can just go to the merch booth or what have you throughout their set.

I will say, knowing we'll be going from The Death Grips to Soundgarden is truly fucking bizarre. I could see Death Grips going into a NIN set, without it being the most jarringly different sound/experience, but I'm truly excited to see people who aren't familiar with them react to TDG.

Krazy
05-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Another plus is for the SG fans that don't get into NIN at all will leave early.... and we can take their better seats when that happens. :D

I like SG enough to definitely catch them. Also never seen them so there's the "I wonder how they are live?" factor.

elevenism
05-28-2014, 03:47 PM
As someone who had a similar attitude about not getting Tension in the UK recently, NO No No - that would be a foolish mistake, they are really on fire at the moment.
really? thanks for the tip. Nine Inch Nails is my favorite band and Soundgarden is my mom's favorite band. so it would be really need to go together. my mom and I are really close and come to think of it, the last show we saw together was rush in 94. unfortunately however I bet all of the seats are sold out for Dallas. I doubt my 58 yr old mother will want to stand on the lawn for 2 hours

wch1208
05-31-2014, 10:33 PM
Now selling in row four for the second red rocks show. Original price and good seats. On ticketmaster

zeegrizzle
05-31-2014, 11:03 PM
Now selling in row four for the second red rocks show. Original price and good seats. On ticketmaster

I just witnessed your two tix sold right before my eyes just as I was checking them out... Kinda like pre-sale.

Charmingly Miserable
05-31-2014, 11:08 PM
really? thanks for the tip. Nine Inch Nails is my favorite band and Soundgarden is my mom's favorite band. so it would be really need to go together. my mom and I are really close and come to think of it, the last show we saw together was rush in 94. unfortunately however I bet all of the seats are sold out for Dallas. I doubt my 58 yr old mother will want to stand on the lawn for 2 hours

Your mom is badass.

Fortunately for me, both NIN and SG are my two favorite bands.

Kyle
06-01-2014, 12:17 AM
I just witnessed your two tix sold right before my eyes just as I was checking them out... Kinda like pre-sale.
Was there an indecipherable captcha?

wch1208
06-01-2014, 06:20 AM
Was there an indecipherable captcha?
that fucking nightmare was NIN presale. This was ticket master.

Kyle
06-01-2014, 08:54 AM
that fucking nightmare was NIN presale. This was ticket master.
I know. (S)he said it was like the pre-sale so I made a bad joke.

elevenism
06-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Your mom is badass.

Fortunately for me, both NIN and SG are my two favorite bands.

I got really lucky with my parents.
They are both musicians and both taught me how to play music.
And oddly enough, it was my MOM who turned ME on to PJ and soundgarden when i was 11 or 12.

And although she's never been a huge nin fan, she's listened to them with me all along.
But hesitation marks changed all that. She fucking loves it. Every time we are in the car together, she says "will you put on the new 'trent' album?"

elevenism
06-01-2014, 10:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/761cRXu.jpg

Yep, here is where i was raised! I'm the little kid there. My parents are the man and woman standing close together and my aunt is playing the Rhodes.

richardp
06-02-2014, 12:43 AM
I got really lucky with my parents.
They are both musicians and both taught me how to play music.
And oddly enough, it was my MOM who turned ME on to PJ and soundgarden when i was 11 or 12.

And although she's never been a huge nin fan, she's listened to them with me all along.
But hesitation marks changed all that. She fucking loves it. Every time we are in the car together, she says "will you put on the new 'trent' album?"

My mom got me into NIN as well back in like 1998. She even took me to my first NIN show in '05 too, because I was still a few months away from being able to drive. Can't even count how many times people stopped and told my mom how great she was for taking me and that they wished their parents were as cool and open. When I met Trent last fall at my job, my Mom was more excited about it than anyone else I know.

elevenism
06-02-2014, 01:26 AM
My mom got me into NIN as well back in like 1998. She even took me to my first NIN show in '05 too, because I was still a few months away from being able to drive. Can't even count how many times people stopped and told my mom how great she was for taking me and that they wished their parents were as cool and open. When I met Trent last fall at my job, my Mom was more excited about it than anyone else I know.

Dude that is fucking awesome. you are quite a bit younger than me.
My dad went to see nails with manson with me once...i had already seen the show once (FDTS,) and they brought it through again,
So me, my dad, my kid brother and my girl all saw manson without having any clue what it it was.

i wish we had fucking reaction shots! lol
so you met trent? holy shit...details!?

richardp
06-02-2014, 12:09 PM
Dude that is fucking awesome. you are quite a bit younger than me.
My dad went to see nails with manson with me once...i had already seen the show once (FDTS,) and they brought it through again,
So me, my dad, my kid brother and my girl all saw manson without having any clue what it it was.

i wish we had fucking reaction shots! lol
so you met trent? holy shit...details!?

Indeed I did! (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/1709-NIN-Spotting-2013-(Part-2-2)?p=138829#post138829) It was pretty amazing.

elevenism
06-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Indeed I did! (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/1709-NIN-Spotting-2013-(Part-2-2)?p=138829#post138829) It was pretty amazing.

HOLY SHIT! that wouldn't just make my year. that would make my LIFE! DETAILS? what did you talk about?

I met Jay-Z when i was working as a stage hand at the dallas cowboys halftime show and Destiny's Child was playing.
I was sitting there eating my little turkey pot pie (it was the thanksgiving game.)
And Jay-Z comes out of the elevator.
It's just me and him.
My eyes get really big and he stands there looking at me kind of smiling.
And all i could think of to say, with a mouth full of pot pie, was "You're JAY Z!!"
He said "right?" and walked off grinning.
I felt like a geek.

JEsus i'm the king of getting way off topic.
OK so what do you guys think the setlist will look like for the Nailgarden show?
I'm seriously contemplating talking my mom into taking us.
i wish they were playing in Tulsa. @Alrea (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=427) can testify to this...
we both saw them there on Year Zero and there wasn't a bad seat in the house (at the BOK center.)
i could see trent's face from my seat!

icecream
06-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Chris Cornell is on today's episode of WTF. Mostly talked about the founding and early days of Soundgarden. It was pretty interesting, I was hoping NIN\SG would be discussed more. It wasn't even brought up.

TheRealNs1
06-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Soundgarden was on Fallon last night. Never seen SG live before, but I've seen CC multiple times, for different bands.

- CC did a weird as fucking version of spoonman, almost seemed like the vocals lagged the instrumentals at times but he did it consistently so it sounds like that's how he meant it...doesn't match the album version tho
- His vocals are clearly shot...good enough when he needs to do verses/choruses, but dies when he needs to wail....
- ...so it seems like he's trying to make up for it by playing guitar
- The lead guitarist, I would expect after playing guitar for 30 years you would not need to look at your guitar all the time
- the bassist sounded good

Overall, I'm looking at SG as an opening band with a long set. With THAT mindset, they are clearly superior than every other opener I've seen for NIN, with the exception of SSSC

implanted_microchip
06-04-2014, 05:25 PM
It's going to be so weird going from the Death Grips to Soundgarden. Death Grips into NIN I can totally see working, but really, the other is just so weird. Typically SG would be seen as the more normal/common sounding band at a show, I feel like stuck between DG and NIN they're going to seem so out of place.

I really hate that I know that I just cannot find anything I like about them and that the whole time I'll be sitting and be one of "those people" that fans of bands hate to see at shows, but oh well. I just really hope they don't play together; I still was surprised when TR mentioned that recently after having toured with QOTSA, a band he's actually contributed to, and had a whole none of collaborations onstage.

TheRealNs1
06-04-2014, 06:28 PM
I really hate that I know that I just cannot find anything I like about them and that the whole time I'll be sitting and be one of "those people" that fans of bands hate to see at shows, but oh well. I just really hope they don't play together; I still was surprised when TR mentioned that recently after having toured with QOTSA, a band he's actually contributed to, and had a whole none of collaborations onstage.

NIN/SG share the 90's alt movement. I can relate to SG because of that.

I can't relate to DG at all.

elevenism
06-05-2014, 12:14 AM
Overall, I'm looking at SG as an opening band with a long set. With THAT mindset, they are clearly superior than every other opener I've seen for NIN

You know, i haven't thought of it that way, and i second that motion.
Who's opening for Nine Inch Nails?
Soundgarden?

They aren't my very favorite band, but you can't really ask for much more.

icecream
06-20-2014, 09:11 AM
Chris Cornell looks like a Hollywood Jesus.

billpulsipher
06-20-2014, 11:01 AM
at least Soundgarden has a couple good albums (1994 and 1996) unlike the steaming pile of shit known as Janes Addiction

WorzelG
06-20-2014, 11:09 AM
Just realised Las Vegas in July outside is going to be fucking unbearably hot

TheRealNs1
06-20-2014, 11:19 AM

Pool + beer = who cares

Jordan
06-20-2014, 11:23 AM

Lucky for you, NIN is playing at The Axis which is an indoor air-conditioned auditorium. I believe this is the only indoor venue on the whole tour.

WorzelG
06-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Lucky for you, NIN is playing at The Axis which is an indoor air-conditioned auditorium. I believe this is the only indoor venue on the whole tour.
It's not like I'm going, I was just looking at the dates thinking I'd like to go but noted the date in Vegas, it makes sense to be inside. I got married there on a September and it was fucking hot then

Jordan
06-20-2014, 12:07 PM
It's not like I'm going, I was just looking at the dates thinking I'd like to go but noted the date in Vegas, it makes sense to be inside. I got married there on a September and it was fucking hot then

Congrats on the marriage. I hope it's not the new wife keeping you from the show.

Omega
06-26-2014, 10:04 PM
at least Soundgarden has a couple good albums (1994 and 1996) unlike the steaming pile of **** known as Janes Addiction

Whaa? lol.

implanted_microchip
06-26-2014, 10:29 PM
I'm certainly not excited to be outdoors in August in Florida in the most hot and humid time of the year, but at least NIN shouldn't be on until after dark (when the mosquitoes come out!) I'll never fully understand why people love outdoor shows so much.

Charmingly Miserable
06-27-2014, 12:40 AM
Chris Cornell looks like a Hollywood Jesus.
Seattle Beefcake <3 If the rock & roll gig doesn't pan out for him, he should join a male review. Then again, I don't think I would want to see Chris gyrating his junk. Gross. Scratch that idea.

icecream
06-27-2014, 01:36 AM
Seattle Beefcake <3 If the rock & roll gig doesn't pan out for him, he should join a male review. Then again, I don't think I would want to see Chris gyrating his junk. Gross. Scratch that idea.
Camieo in Magic Mike 2

Star
06-29-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm certainly not excited to be outdoors in August in Florida in the most hot and humid time of the year, but at least NIN shouldn't be on until after dark (when the mosquitoes come out!) I'll never fully understand why people love outdoor shows so much.

I am with you on this one and in the middle of hurricane season but I will be there :)

Star
06-29-2014, 07:49 PM
Someone refresh my memory please, I was unable to purchase tix the day of the pre-sale so I gave my account info to a friend and she signed in my account but used her cc, Now, she may not be able to go. Do I need her cc to pick up the tix? I always remember just showing my id. I thought the cc was only if there was some kind of problem and they needed to verify. Also, the tix are in my name so if I can't go, I am screwed right, no refunds right?

mel_zombie
06-29-2014, 08:04 PM
someone already mentioned this...but what are they going to do with the open "pit" section in this amphis? I know the seating section you can't move the actual seats to move forward.

Has anyone been to the Lakewood Amp. in Atlanta? I got 17th row center floor. Is that far????

sick among the pure
06-29-2014, 08:13 PM
Someone refresh my memory please, I was unable to purchase tix the day of the pre-sale so I gave my account info to a friend and she signed in my account but used her cc, Now, she may not be able to go. Do I need her cc to pick up the tix? I always remember just showing my id. I thought the cc was only if there was some kind of problem and they needed to verify. Also, the tix are in my name so if I can't go, I am screwed right, no refunds right?
The name on the account, not the name on the card, needs to match the photo ID of the person picking up the tickets. So if the account has your name listed as the pick up name, then yes, only you can pick up the tickets. And all you need to do so is your photo ID.

sick among the pure
06-29-2014, 08:15 PM
someone already mentioned this...but what are they going to do with the open "pit" section in this amphis? I know the seating section you can't move the actual seats to move forward.

Has anyone been to the Lakewood Amp. in Atlanta? I got 17th row center floor. Is that far????

It has been pretty much confirmed that it's a seated pit tour, most venues are listing the GA as seated (though, an open seating, not assigned specific seats) from what we can tell. We won't know more until the first amphitheater show, but all signs point to seats.

Also, 17th row will be very nice. Imagine being 17 people back from the rail, but without the pushing and crowding.

Star
06-29-2014, 08:16 PM
The name on the account, not the name on the card, needs to match the photo ID of the person picking up the tickets. So if the account has your name listed as the pick up name, then yes, only you can pick up the tickets. And all you need to do so is your photo ID.

Thank you, I thought that was the case but she was insisting that I needed her cc so I just wanted to ask here to confirm.

sick among the pure
06-29-2014, 09:00 PM
Thank you, I thought that was the case but she was insisting that I needed her cc so I just wanted to ask here to confirm.

Nope, credit card is never needed for picking up nin.com presale tickets. Just valid government-issued photo ID. It's a really smooth process, and assuming she hasn't been replaced, the lady that is head of the pre-sale stuff is super nice. I'm actually looking forward to seeing her again next month.

mel_zombie
06-29-2014, 09:00 PM
holy crap. For the same seat, same venue for the NIN show, Kiss/Def Leppard are selling the seat for $350. wtf. and I thought $117 was expensive. Then again it is Kiss (what do u expect). The looked up another show.

FULLMETAL
06-29-2014, 09:24 PM

http://i.imgur.com/kgtZTGt.png

Ticketmaster's "interactive" map will give you much better detail than most seating maps. I'm kinda surprised there are so many tickets still available for Atlanta.

mel_zombie
06-29-2014, 09:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kgtZTGt.png

Ticketmaster's "interactive" map will give you much better detail than most seating maps. I'm kinda surprised there are so many tickets still available for Atlanta.

I was surprised as well! just for kicks, I looked at other cities. It seems it is like that for a lot of cities. not good. I also believe that some tickets were released for the ATL show because I was trying to get floor section, center and there were none a couple of months ago.
I looked at the interactive map, but it is kinda hard to see if it is far or not. I guess I will find out.

I guess my question was should I get the 17th row or pay an ass ton to get closer? I'm such a rail snob when it comes to NIN, it is redic.

FULLMETAL
06-29-2014, 10:00 PM
I had Spiral tickets Sec 102 Row P for the 2006 show and remember feeling kinda far away. Here's a pic from my vantage point to give you some idea of your view:

http://i.imgur.com/L8tnQ6Z.png

Personally, I can't justify the cost for a seat closer to the stage (and I've spent a hell of a lot on tickets and travel in my day). That said, if you know you aren't going to see any other shows and you can afford the expenditure - then go ahead and splurge. The only regret would probably be in your wallet and you can always make more money.

Krazy
06-29-2014, 10:01 PM
There are some east coast shows that aren't selling well, and Sacramento off the top of my head. Most other venues seem to be doing pretty good.

I know Atlanta is a notoriously bad sports city- considering population, and how their teams win/loss is. Even when they're good they have a hard time filling seats. Also I don't think Tension sold well there either, pretty sure they had to close off the upper sections.

nooneimportant
06-29-2014, 10:19 PM
I believe this is around where I'll be sitting at the Wheatland show.

http://s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/v_h1oQdQUqAP5IqztCBcUQ/l.jpg

Given the heavy presentation element that is promised, I'm hyped cause I'll have a good look at the whole thing. General Admission would screw me over since I'm short.

mel_zombie
06-29-2014, 10:19 PM
There are some east coast shows that aren't selling well, and Sacramento off the top of my head. Most other venues seem to be doing pretty good.

I know Atlanta is a notoriously bad sports city- considering population, and how their teams win/loss is. Even when they're good they have a hard time filling seats. Also I don't think Tension sold well there either, pretty sure they had to close off the upper sections.

what does sports have to do with it?? I think I looked at some cities in the mid-west and they weren't doing well.
It seems the NIN/JA tour did better. I went to the Atlanta & Charlotte show as well. hmmm.. I wonder why one coast sells better than the other?? any theories?

mel_zombie
06-29-2014, 10:23 PM
I had Spiral tickets Sec 102 Row P for the 2006 show and remember feeling kinda far away. Here's a pic from my vantage point to give you some idea of your view:

http://i.imgur.com/L8tnQ6Z.png

Personally, I can't justify the cost for a seat closer to the stage (and I've spent a hell of a lot on tickets and travel in my day). That said, if you know you aren't going to see any other shows and you can afford the expenditure - then go ahead and splurge. The only regret would probably be in your wallet and you can always make more money.

hmm.. that actually isn't that far away unless your camera was zoomed all the way in.

Krazy
06-29-2014, 10:33 PM
what does sports have to do with it?? I think I looked at some cities in the mid-west and they weren't doing well.
It seems the NIN/JA tour did better. I went to the Atlanta & Charlotte show as well. hmmm.. I wonder why one coast sells better than the other?? any theories?

To be honest I don't know if sports has anything to do with it- it's just something that's fairly well known about the sports scene in Atlanta though. The one thing it ties into though is it shows that people in a large city (Atlanta in this case) aren't willing to spend money on entertainment. Sports and concerts = entertainment dollars. Let's just say there's a Braves game the night of NIN (I honestly don't know, just saying), they'll be competing with each other.

I know the idea of NIN competing with a baseball game sounds silly but there's truth to it. People budget money for entertainment, a lot of them can't go/afford to do multiple things in a certain time frame.

burninglard
06-29-2014, 11:13 PM
I would just like to say in regards to how tickets are selling:

1. The tour is still 3 weeks away from starting, so plenty of time to fill up the shows.
2. Bands this day and age only wish they can do 2 tours within a year and play in arenas and ampitheaters.
3. Regarding the Sacramento show, I lived out there for a while and people just aren't big concert goers there. Also remember the show is in late August and went on sale a lot later than the rest of the tour. The will do okay by the time it's over.

implanted_microchip
06-30-2014, 12:20 AM
Keep in mind at the time NINJA was being seen as one of the very last chances to see NIN again for a while, if ever. It only makes sense that it would sell fairly well compared to a normal tour. Also we're still nearly a month away from the tour starting, I'm sure plenty of people will buy closer to the actual dates.

Omega
06-30-2014, 12:48 AM
You guys think that the next tour will be a good while after this one? I hope not. I am already thinking about how long it will be after this one is over...don't want it to be several years:(. I want more NIN.

icecream
06-30-2014, 01:15 AM
You guys think that the next tour will be a good while after this one? I hope not. I am already thinking about how long it will be after this one is over...don't want it to be several years:(. I want more NIN.

I think it will be until the next album. Given the way Trent puts out music now, that will be 2 years at most.

Omega
06-30-2014, 02:53 AM
I hope there's another NIN album that soon, can't have enough NIN:)

Rofl..was looking at the SG forum, many are complaining SG is touring with NIN, that they aren't fans. How can one not like NIN? SG I can understand, lol. Makes sense..different styles of music. But dang, complaining about NIN on the ticket? Who they want? Bush? Pearl Jam? lol.

WorzelG
06-30-2014, 04:54 AM
I know I'm talking into the void here, but there is plenty of time for more promotional stuff, like a video or tv appearance! After all, Soundgarden have been doing them and its hardly fair to let them make all the effort

Krazy
06-30-2014, 05:45 AM
. How can one not like NIN?.

Because they aren't your typical 4/5 piece band with a vocalist, drummer, bassist and guitar- and obviously weigh towards the electronic side of music. Not everyone can get into that.

As for the SG fans I'm sure their still bitter from when Trent took a massive shit on Cornell's face via Twitter back in (I think) '09.

TheRealNs1
06-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Rofl..was looking at the SG forum, many are complaining SG is touring with NIN, that they aren't fans. How can one not like NIN? SG I can understand, lol. Makes sense..different styles of music. But dang, complaining about NIN on the ticket? Who they want? Bush? Pearl Jam? lol.

Well to be fair, the first 15 times I heard TDS my thoughts weren't "this is awesome".

sick among the pure
06-30-2014, 10:48 AM
I hope there's another NIN album that soon, can't have enough NIN:)

I need to get in touch with one of these people who is going to Toronto, see if I can switch tickets during the break and get a better seat for NIN, lol. Not looking forward to being in the 300 section :\

Jordan
06-30-2014, 12:34 PM

They probably do love bush. Although, I'll bet the majority complaining about NIN now will be whistling a different tune after the show (no pun intended). They might not run out and buy the album but they won't be complaining either. The first time I saw NIN I was not a NIN fan. My little sister dragged me to the show. I left that concert a changed person musically. Ever since I can't get enough of nine inch nails. If those hating now will have an open mind, we might find ETS has a few more members after this tour.

Omega
06-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Well, I liked NIN right away, when I played PHM in '89:). It was the best music I'd heard and still is! Every album that came out, 'this is awesome and the best stuff ever!'. SG fans can give their tics to us! Plus, can't they just leave after SG since they are opening up?:p.

TheRealNs1
06-30-2014, 05:10 PM
Well, I liked NIN right away, when I played PHM in '89:). It was the best music I'd heard and still is! Every album that came out, 'this is awesome and the best stuff ever!'. SG fans can give their tics to us! Plus, can't they just leave after SG since they are opening up?:p.

Not gonna argue there, hopefully they got good seats that I can squat =D

Omega
06-30-2014, 05:19 PM
^ great minds:).

billpulsipher
06-30-2014, 06:30 PM
I need to get in touch with one of these people who is going to Toronto, see if I can switch tickets during the break and get a better seat for NIN, lol. Not looking forward to being in the 300 section :\

hate to say it but Pearl Jam can probably outdraw NIN easily in america

Krazy
06-30-2014, 07:00 PM

No shit, so can Justin Beiber/Bieber/wutever.

sick among the pure
06-30-2014, 08:06 PM

I... um... ok? What does that have to do with-
you know what, nevermind. It's bill.

Yes, bill. Ok.

Omega
06-30-2014, 08:25 PM
lol. Evenflow>Any NIN song.

nooneimportant
06-30-2014, 08:35 PM

http://i.imgur.com/qyEgL9n.gif

thevoid99
06-30-2014, 09:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qyEgL9n.gif

Hold on, I gotta phone call. KAPOW! Hello... hey it's nothing! He says he knows you!!!!

billpulsipher
06-30-2014, 10:56 PM
the point being Pearl Jam can do a tour of America as a headline act and sell out....they dont need to bring another band along on the tour to help them sell tickets like NIN has done with JA and now SG...the times NIN has tried to headline on their own the last couple tours they took a loss (LITS and Tension)

FULLMETAL
06-30-2014, 11:24 PM
Not sure why I'm bothering with this comparison from their NYC shows from 2013, but here you go if you like apples & oranges:

Nine Inch Nails, Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Barclays Center
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Oct. 14, 2013
$985,379
11,854 / 11,854
1 / 1
$99, $80, $54
Live Nation

Pearl Jam (No Opening Act)
Barclays Center
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Oct. 18-19, 2013
$2,585,022
32,516 / 32,516
2 / 2
$79.505
Live Nation

Also, you can see a bunch of other acts that sold out Barclays here if you want to further the comparison: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_concerts_at_Barclays_Center#2013

WorzelG
06-30-2014, 11:57 PM
^^^guess what - Mumford & sons sold it out as well ? Not really sure what we're supposed to take from this! Bit confused about the opening act thing though, Godspeed are hardly known enough to be a big draw

sick among the pure
07-01-2014, 12:24 AM
the point being Pearl Jam can do a tour of America as a headline act and sell out....they dont need to bring another band along on the tour to help them sell tickets like NIN has done with JA and now SG...the times NIN has tried to headline on their own the last couple tours they took a loss (LITS and Tension)

Ok, cool. Go buy Pearl Jam tickets and don't go see NIN. I'll think of you while I'm having a great time.

nooneimportant
07-01-2014, 12:39 AM

No one gives a shit and we are just getting a headche from the fact that you whine, bitch, and moan about NIN constantly providing nothing valuable to this board. A true fan (Ex: Not you) doesn't give a shit how the band draws and will go and see them regardless.

Please stop.

icecream
07-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Not sure why I'm bothering with this comparison from their NYC shows from 2013, but here you go if you like apples & oranges:

Barclays Center
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Oct. 14, 2013
$985,379
11,854 / 11,854
1 / 1
$99, $80, $54
Live Nation

Barclays Center
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Oct. 18-19, 2013
$2,585,022
32,516 / 32,516
2 / 2
$79.505
Live Nation

Also, you can see a bunch of other acts that sold out Barclays here if you want to further the comparison: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_concerts_at_Barclays_Center#2013
I'm kinda shocked Bieber only played to a few thousand more fans than NIN.

Let's let Bill bitch about attendance now. At least it is something other than his usual Tension/HM gripe.

BenAkenobi
07-01-2014, 01:42 AM
As for the SG fans I'm sure their still bitter from when Trent took a massive shit on Cornell's face via Twitter back in (I think) '09.

First, that was not about Soundgarden but about Cornell's solo stuff
Second, that stint really didn't win points for your dear Trent

Kyle
07-01-2014, 02:31 AM

Barclays Center
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Oct. 14, 2013
$985,379
11,854 / 11,854
1 / 1
$99, $80, $54
Live Nation

Barclays Center
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Oct. 18-19, 2013
$2,585,022
32,516 / 32,516
2 / 2
$79.505
Live Nation

i want to clarify what the numbers mean. First off, they're a total for all nights, correct? Secondly, the first number is amount sold, second is amount available, correct? In which case, both sold out, but Pearl Jam had more tickets because they don't have any screens or fancy lighting so there are seats behind the stage (and having seen Pearl jam in an arena, I know that is the case)?

FULLMETAL
07-01-2014, 02:56 AM
From what little I understand, Billboard reports these numbers from the promoters of the show. The $ amount is gross sales, then it's attendance/capacity (which is based on stage configuration and other considerations), then it's shows/sellouts, ticket prices, and the promoter.

Your guess about the behind the stage seating seems to make sense for the extra 4,404 seats.

Kyle
07-01-2014, 03:05 AM
If my interpretation of what the numbers mean is correct, then the stage seating isn't a guess it's a fact. I've seen NIN in several arenas and Pearl jam in one. The entire arena is open for Pearl Jam. There is no backdrop. Maybe some of the lower level seats behind the stage are closed off (don't really remember), but the upper level goes all the way around. Not so at any NIN arena show I've been to.

FULLMETAL
07-01-2014, 03:46 AM
Looking at that wiki from 2013, the largest capacity for a single show was Billy Joel's NYE gig with 16,859, then Pink with 16,482, then PJ with 16,258 seats. But I have no idea how those stages were configured. Regardless, I think the original argument has too many variables to be sound and I'm too sleepy to figure out the fallacy.

Steering this back on topic, we're 18 days away from the first show at the Pemberton Festival. TR & AR are working diligently on the Gone Girl soundtrack. How much rehearsal time will they have before this leg of the tour starts?

nooneimportant
07-01-2014, 04:46 AM
Looking at that wiki from 2013, the largest capacity for a single show was Billy Joel's NYE gig with 16,859, then Pink with 16,482, then PJ with 16,258 seats. But I have no idea how those stages were configured. Regardless, I think the original argument has too many variables to be sound and I'm too sleepy to figure out the fallacy.

Steering this back on topic, we're 18 days away from the first show at the Pemberton Festival. TR & AR are working diligently on the Gone Girl soundtrack. How much rehearsal time will they have before this leg of the tour starts?

I think heard they did Tension rehearsals 1 week before the show. Festival shows ended on 9/3 last year and the first show was on 9/28. He had less than a month to roll out that idea, hell it may have been planned months ahead.

Krazy
07-01-2014, 06:01 AM
First, that was not about Soundgarden but about Cornell's solo stuff
Second, that stint really didn't win points for your dear Trent

First, I know that. It's why I specifically named Cornell and not SG. (I'm sure a lot of SG are still fans of Cornell and follow all his projects)
Second, I don't care and thought it was funny- and so did a lot of people that aren't a fan of dear Trent or NIN.

I'm not gonna start a war with SG fans here over this since I'm a casual fan of theirs.

BenAkenobi
07-01-2014, 08:50 AM
Yeah, peace everyone. This world would be a better place if less people think 'bout that past accident before their SG/NIN show :)

botley
07-01-2014, 09:55 AM
I think heard they did Tension rehearsals 1 week before the show. Festival shows ended on 9/3 last year and the first show was on 9/28. He had less than a month to roll out that idea, hell it may have been planned months ahead.
The staging of the three flown video screens and those overhead LED moving light panels was planned, yes. But that one week was just production rehearsals for indoor arena shows with NIN's crew. Video, back line gear and lighting are static pieces in a show like that: you load them in once, set up the opening band downstage of a curtain, and store everything else behind that.

This time, assuming it's similar staging to the first festival leg last year, they need to rehearse getting the Soundgarden (and opening band) gear in and out using the available room while the larger manually-moving screen panels are set for NIN backstage. That's probably going on already, while Rob is working on video content and the lighting designer is building looks for each song. Once it's all ready, the band shows up for that final week to work with all the elements and make final changes.

Right now, I'm sure TR is splitting his time between recording/mixing in the studio and working with designers for the tour. The band are either resting at home or working on other stuff.

billpulsipher
07-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Headline a tour on your own and play 2 hour sets...co-headline with another "big band" and play 75 minute sets....Thats the difference

Krazy
07-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Headline a tour on your own and play 2 hour sets...co-headline with another "big band" and play 75 minute sets....Thats the difference

And if that had happened you'd still find plenty of things to bitch about.

sick among the pure
07-01-2014, 08:43 PM

Bill, are you going to a NIN/SG show?

billpulsipher
07-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Bill, are you going to a NIN/SG show?

Indeed I am...I actually dont hate SG so liking one band and hating the other is not an issue for me

icecream
07-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Indeed I am...I actually dont hate SG so liking one band and hating the other is not an issue for me
So you don't hate SG but hate NIN?

Omega
07-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Do you guys think it's rude of the bands to charge so much dang money for tix this time around or do the prices seem reasonable to you?

sheepdean
07-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Do you guys think it's rude of the bands to charge so much dang money for tix this time around or do the prices seem reasonable to you?
I think charging that much is kind of a pisstake, but that's just me

Krazy
07-02-2014, 10:37 AM
The pricing is about the same as Tension. Considering the band playing before NIN actually has a fan base it's not unreasonable.

There are shittier bands/musicians that are asking just as much or more. Go play around on Ticketmaster for some good laughs.

TheRealNs1
07-02-2014, 11:41 AM

pretty normal.

implanted_microchip
07-02-2014, 02:44 PM
The tickets that are 400+ are ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. A lot of these shows have no pit and are completely seated, and the "Platinum" tickets offer really no other perks. The highest priced tickets I remember seeing for Tension were what, 100?

mel_zombie
07-02-2014, 02:51 PM
So you don't hate SG but hate NIN?

no. I just think Bill likes to troll on here.

mel_zombie
07-02-2014, 02:58 PM
The pricing is about the same as Tension. Considering the band playing before NIN actually has a fan base it's not unreasonable.

There are shittier bands/musicians that are asking just as much or more. Go play around on Ticketmaster for some good laughs.

I agree the prices are the same as Tension, but a "Pit" ticket @ Tension cost the same as a seat in the upper level for NIN/SG. That is my only problem. I'm not bitching because I will be going to two shows this tour, but I think it is messed up to charge the same price for a seat that is far away.

I agree, haha! go to Ticketmaster for a few laughs. It seems Ticketbastard has started this greedy practice of only allowing the floor seats or pit to be available to people who purchase a "VIP package." From the shows I have seen these cost no less than $300. Just go look at the Kiss/Def Leopard tour or the Motley Crue tour (ok, yes this is their last tour, but come on). I think I remember seeing some country artist on there as well. Tim McGraw or some shit. For the NIN shows, it is the first couple of rows that Ticketmaster is selling for like $300. For these shows, it is the whole floor section. WTF. It's only going to get worse. Maybe this is a summer ampitheatre deal? who knows, probably not with Ticketbastard.

hologram parade
07-02-2014, 04:32 PM
from death grips official fb:

we are now at our best and so Death Grips is over. we have officially stopped. all currently scheduled live dates are canceled. our upcoming double album "the powers that b" will still be delivered worldwide later this year via Harvest/Third Worlds Records. Death Grips was and always has been a conceptual art exhibition anchored by sound and vision. above and beyond a "band". to our truest fans, please stay legend.

wonder what this means for the opening spot on the up coming tour?

mel_zombie
07-02-2014, 04:36 PM

we are now at our best and so Death Grips is over. we have officially stopped. all currently scheduled live dates are canceled. our upcoming double album "the powers that b" will still be delivered worldwide later this year via Harvest/Third Worlds Records. Death Grips was and always has been a conceptual art exhibition anchored by sound and vision. above and beyond a "band". to our truest fans, please stay legend.

lol. Months ago when this tour was announced, people were taking bets that they would pull out of the tour or cancel a bunch of shows. Very good guys! clap clap..

ryanmcfly
07-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Well, I wonder who opens for this tour now, if anyone now.

nobies
07-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Damn. Fucking bummer. Thank god I got a chance to see them last year.

Krazy
07-02-2014, 04:42 PM
http://www.recreateweb.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/homer-computer-woohoo.jpg

Sorry fans of Death Grips, I thought they were terrible. Couldn't even make it past their 3rd song on Spotify lol.

WorzelG
07-02-2014, 04:44 PM
^^It would be better not to have an opening band and give the 2 main bands more time each in my opinion!

Star
07-02-2014, 04:47 PM
^^It would be better not to have an opening band and give the 2 main bands more time each in my opinion!

I agree with this 100%. I don't want to sit through some bad band in the Florida heat. SG and NIN is more then enough for me :)

Krazy
07-02-2014, 04:47 PM

I thought the same thing. Probably not gonna happen but definitely hoping for it.

nobies
07-02-2014, 04:54 PM
http://www.recreateweb.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/homer-computer-woohoo.jpg

Sorry fans of Death Grips, I thought they were terrible. Couldn't even make it past their 3rd song on Spotify lol.

lol you're just so silly lol

FULLMETAL
07-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Saw this on FB. I wonder if any other stops are offering a similar deal.

http://i.imgur.com/GG8XOLY.png

As far as the Death Grips announcement, I'd rather not see an opener and give the bands the extra time - but I doubt that will be the case.

sheepdean
07-02-2014, 05:12 PM
As far as the Death Grips announcement, I'd rather not see an opener and give the bands the extra time - but I doubt that will be the case.
I'm not sure that's possible at this stage though. NIN's doing the normal stage show it seems, which means there's probably not room for 40 minutes extra in the set, and Soundgarden are just playing an album in full

Krazy
07-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Saw this on FB. I wonder if any other stops are offering a similar deal.

http://i.imgur.com/GG8XOLY.png

Is that just the $20 lawn seats? Seats are showing full price on Live Nation, and I don't do facebook...

TheRealNs1
07-02-2014, 05:26 PM
The tickets that are 400+ are ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. A lot of these shows have no pit and are completely seated, and the "Platinum" tickets offer really no other perks. The highest priced tickets I remember seeing for Tension were what, 100?

Platinum's are always 3-5x above face though.

TheRealNs1
07-02-2014, 05:27 PM

W00T W00T. Dear god I hope that means a full length set from NIN.

implanted_microchip
07-02-2014, 05:32 PM
I'd love for this to mean we get more NIN, but I'm really doubting it -- probably going to end up just getting another opener. I actually got a friend seriously interested in going to a show because he's a huge Death Grips fan, so that's just great.

Moebius
07-02-2014, 05:37 PM

Are Tom Morello and Boots Riley busy? :P

billpulsipher
07-02-2014, 05:45 PM
everyone said death grips were a bunch of unreliable assholes and would probably bail on TR. they lived up to their rep....

sheepdean
07-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Boots is, The Coup are doing Europe shows

slave2thewage
07-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Peter Murphy is going to do a 30-minute rendition of Reptile every night.

richardp
07-02-2014, 06:12 PM

God, please no. SSSC were godawful.

Death Grips were hands down the best opener NIN has ever booked. This is a sad day. I hope Trent replaces them with another forward thinking relevant band, and not some shitty side group from a failed 90s act.

suprefan
07-02-2014, 06:23 PM

Death Grips were hands down the best opener NIN has ever booked. This is a sad day. I hope Trent replaces them with another forward thinking relevant band, and not some shitty side group from a failed 90s act.

No, that was Deerhunter.

Can Trent just get Cold Cave or American Nightmare? I would be fine with that.

botley
07-02-2014, 06:32 PM
everyone said death grips were a bunch of unreliable assholes and would probably bail on TR. they lived up to their rep....
Completely unreliable assholes.

http://weltretter.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/the-shining-unreliable.jpg

Mr.Metheus
07-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Is that just the $20 lawn seats? Seats are showing full price on Live Nation, and I don't do facebook...

Yes, just $20 lawn tickets.

howdidislipinto
07-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Fingers crossed they find a good opener.

I guess we're so close now that there's probably no chance NIN is going back to 5 members, huh? Bummer. Feels like something is missing. (Strangely, it didn't feel that way in the Wave Goodbye days. No idea why.)

TheRealNs1
07-02-2014, 07:04 PM

no, no, and no.

Sarah K
07-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Tour starts in what... 3 weeks? I would think finding a replacement would be pretty difficult.

Joy Prevention Hotline
07-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Oh well. Good, bad or indifferent, Death Grips would have been an experience.

slave2thewage
07-02-2014, 07:31 PM
I actually said the other day that "I wish the US got Cold Cave as an opener."

https://33.media.tumblr.com/14ebd4d093b577dbde7d020c3b184f69/tumblr_n83xf1x5111tr1klso1_500.gif

KingDeathMachine
07-02-2014, 07:34 PM
I wonder what OLD MAN TRENT has to say about this Death Grips tomfoolery.

blassster
07-02-2014, 07:39 PM
I wonder what OLD MAN TRENT has to say about this Death Grips tomfoolery.

"sorry everyone… why would I have ever thought those dudes could keep it together?"
https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/status/484494964827488258

He should get Big Black Delta to open.

Moebius
07-02-2014, 07:55 PM

I was thinking the same thing, they'd be a perfect fit and are probably available.

KingDeathMachine
07-02-2014, 07:58 PM
"sorry everyone… why would I have ever thought those dudes could keep it together?"
https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/status/484494964827488258

Figured something like that was coming. Trent is all about artistic license, but doesn't seem like the type of guy who stands for laying down on the job/screwing the fans type nonsense.

gorast
07-02-2014, 08:08 PM
I fucking knew something like this would happen.

I was shocked that Trent booked them to begin with. What a mess.

Omega
07-02-2014, 08:09 PM
No DG, will that mean a paritial refund on some tix? I hope so? Lol, hey, one can hope, right?

gorast
07-02-2014, 08:10 PM
If you were buying into this tour for them, you were making a mistake.

Omega
07-02-2014, 08:18 PM
If you were buying into this tour for them, you were making a mistake.

Lol, no I wasn't but I am cheap. Lol.

The 20 dollar thing is just for lawn seating.

That's pretty flaky to disband right before the tour.

gorast
07-02-2014, 08:24 PM
I feel that, man, I'm just saying in general.

This does suck for the people who were actually excited to see them.

nobies
07-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Aye. Im disappointed, but this was always in the back of my mind as a possibility, so I cant say I'm surprised. It wouldve been nice to see them again though. The DG show I attended last year was one of the best concerts Ive ever been to.

Omega
07-02-2014, 08:29 PM
For sure, it does. Not really cool. Vanilla Ice had a breakdown, couldn't keep it together.

Krazy
07-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Not sure if troll...

m15a
07-02-2014, 09:09 PM
maybe Alessandro could open?

billpulsipher
07-02-2014, 09:37 PM
GODFLESH...It would be perfect, TR is obv a fan, he originally asked Justin Broadrick to join NIN when Richard Patrick left in 93...all the NIN posers who only know With Teeth will run away screaming when they hear JKB kick into the first chords of 'Like Rats"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cixczzF0A10&feature=kp

TheRealNs1
07-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Tour starts in what... 3 weeks? I would think finding a replacement would be pretty difficult.

nothing craigslist can't fix

WANTED: OPENING BAND

gorny540
07-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Book Failure! Their whole summer is open, would be a perfect fit.

sheepdean
07-02-2014, 10:02 PM
If it's HTDA as an easy replacement, you guys do know I'm staying at one of your houses yeah?

mel_zombie
07-02-2014, 10:15 PM
no, no, and no.

bahahaa. What about Health from LITS? I actually liked them.

nooneimportant
07-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Well, so much for that. I'm kinda bummed cause I was getting into them and wanted to see them live.

Kyle
07-02-2014, 11:22 PM
If the alleged reason that NIN is going last is so that it's dark enough for the light show, there's no way in hell HTDA will go on first, as awesome as that would be.

TheRealNs1
07-02-2014, 11:24 PM
If the alleged reason that NIN is going last is so that it's dark enough for the light show, there's no way in hell HTDA will go on first, as awesome as that would be.

sooo...HTDA in Vegas where it doesn't matter? I'd go early for some welcome oblivion action.

TheRealNs1
07-02-2014, 11:25 PM
bahahaa. What about Health from LITS? I actually liked them.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2442-Nine-Inch-Nails-2014-Tour-Discussion-Speculation?p=194408#post194408

Kyle
07-02-2014, 11:32 PM
sooo...HTDA in Vegas where it doesn't matter? I'd go for early some welcome oblivion action.
I'm not gonna be at that show so it really doesn't matter lol.

Ryan
07-02-2014, 11:58 PM
Completely unreliable assholes.

http://weltretter.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/the-shining-unreliable.jpg

I see what you did there Mr. Hallorann.

botley
07-03-2014, 12:00 AM
Do you like ice cream, Doc?

mel_zombie
07-03-2014, 12:31 AM

eww. please no HTDA. I don't think it will happen. Remember when NIN & HTDA were supposed to play multiple festivals together and HTDA pulled out due to logistics or some crap.

Omega
07-03-2014, 01:22 AM
Peaches?(lol). Not a fan

icecream
07-03-2014, 01:32 AM
I like ice cream....

Kyle
07-03-2014, 01:34 AM
Keep in mind everyone, the opening act doesn't get an elaborate set up or stage show, they just show up and play some songs usually. So any band that has performed recently enough to not need a lot of practice and has a month and a half free can pick this up last minute. When I saw Muse, Trent's friend Biffy was supposed to be the opening act. Due to illness, they were replaced a few days (I think) before the show and it went off without a hitch.

TheRealNs1
07-03-2014, 01:40 AM
...When I saw Muse, Trent's friend Biffy was supposed to be the opening act....

nice.

(10 character limit)

Kyle
07-03-2014, 01:45 AM
nice.

(10 character limit)

This was actually well before that incident. I had never heard of them before they were announced as the Muse opener.

edit - ok well before might be exaggerating lol. Probably like about six months or so.

FULLMETAL
07-03-2014, 02:08 AM
I'm not sure that's possible at this stage though. NIN's doing the normal stage show it seems, which means there's probably not room for 40 minutes extra in the set, and Soundgarden are just playing an album in full

That makes sense. I just found the e-mail from Ticketmaster about the time change for the Las Vegas show (which didn't have DG as an opener) from 7p to 8p.

Kyle
07-03-2014, 02:51 AM

Did I miss something? When was this announced?

fillow
07-03-2014, 03:08 AM
I bet 10$ Trent is on the call with Cold Cave right about now.

WorzelG
07-03-2014, 04:43 AM
I just watched a bit of a live show by Death Grips on YouTube, it was in a warehouse - I can't really see how that would make sense in an amphitheatre setting anyway to be honest. Does seem like the sort of show that needs to be more intimate.

I remember a friend of mine talking about Godspeed Ye Black Emporer, she'd seen them randomly on one of her trips abroad and really liked them, but said they were really strange about advertising their shows on their website and you had to get lucky to catch them, almost flash mob style. However they still managed to open for NIN without loss of artistic integrity

otnavuskire
07-03-2014, 05:31 AM
GODFLESH...It would be perfect, TR is obv a fan, he originally asked Justin Broadrick to join NIN when Richard Patrick left in 93...all the NIN posers who only know With Teeth will run away screaming when they hear JKB kick into the first chords of 'Like Rats"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cixczzF0A10&feature=kp

Broadrick has visa problems every time he tries to book a tour in the US, and ends up having to delay and cancel shows. No way he can commit to one on this short notice.

sheepdean
07-03-2014, 05:42 AM
Did I miss something? When was this announced?
From what I've read, they're doing Superunknown from start to finish aren't they? Maybe I misread a press release but I'm 90% sure that's what's going down

ItsJustDave
07-03-2014, 06:24 AM
From what I've read, they're doing Superunknown from start to finish aren't they? Maybe I misread a press release but I'm 90% sure that's what's going down

I haven't been following too closely, but I thought the superunknown show was a one time thing.

sheepdean
07-03-2014, 06:33 AM
Maybe I did misread it, I'm not going after all so haven't been taking the most detailed of notes

kdrcraig
07-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Pretty sure Soundgarden has been playing Superunknown on their current tour, not sure if they plan to continue doing it for this tour but I doubt it.

The dudes from Death Grips sound like a bunch of egotistical pricks in the Rolling Stones article.

imail724
07-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Man I'm pissed, I was looking forward to seeing Death Grips more than SG.

cahernandez
07-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Pretty sure Soundgarden has been playing Superunknown on their current tour, not sure if they plan to continue doing it for this tour but I doubt it.

The dudes from Death Grips sound like a bunch of egotistical pricks in the Rolling Stones article.

No, during their current (European) tour they have NOT played Superunknown in its entirety, they only did this twice, in Austin (for SXSW) and in NYC (this last one ahead of the Superunknown reissue). From AlternativeNation's interview with Kim Thayil, done the day of the NYC show:

Tonight you’re performing all of Superunknown in its entirety, but it hasn’t been confirmed if you’ll do it at every show this summer. I’ve seen that maybe on a special occasion it could happen. Would you guys ever consider doing a tour where you play Badmotorfinger, Superunknown, or Down on the Upside? Or even some of the earlier records like Ultramega OK or Louder Than Love?

I imagine we’ll do shows where we might perform Badmotorfinger maybe in the future, but I can’t imagine doing a whole tour where we did that. That would be really boring. We have to make it entertaining and interesting for ourselves, we like changing up the set day to day. That’s not likely to be any tours, but there may be other occasions where we’ll feature an album.

And bummed out about DG cancelling. Was looking forward to seeing them play. And no, canceling your shows does not make a "rad" band, it's just LAME. I'd like to see Henry Rollins ripping these guys a new one.

sheepdean
07-03-2014, 10:11 AM
My bad then, cheers cahernandez

billpulsipher
07-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Broadrick has visa problems every time he tries to book a tour in the US, and ends up having to delay and cancel shows. No way he can commit to one on this short notice.

He just played a few shows in america in april, so it probably wouldnt be an issue

as for SG possibly playing BadMotorFinger in its entirety...That will be a disaster. Cornell cant hit those high notes anymore

BenAkenobi
07-03-2014, 12:04 PM
BadMotorFinger

and hit me with a hand of broken nails
That particular line would have sounded hilarious

imail724
07-03-2014, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't mind if they got DIIV to open like HTDA did.

Moebius
07-03-2014, 12:10 PM
I remember a friend of mine talking about Godspeed Ye Black Emporer, she'd seen them randomly on one of her trips abroad and really liked them, but said they were really strange about advertising their shows on their website and you had to get lucky to catch them, almost flash mob style.

They don't have much of a web presence and they're inconsistent about updating it but every time I've seen them, the tour was announced and posted on news sites and the tickets were sold like any other show. Silver Mt Zion is the same way, their last blog post is from 2011 and they still have 2012 tour dates up but they just toured a few months ago.

AgentofChaos
07-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Good riddance. One less fucking pretentious band out there creating a new breed of douche bags. "Oh my god I paid to go see a show and the band didn't even show up! It was such awesome art you really have to check them out!"

More NIN time is ideal for sure, but the list of bands who'd drop everything to open for this tour is long. There could be some pretty interesting candidates out there. My personal choice would be TV on the Radio, as they have a new record coming out soon, but it will likely be someone more obscure, or someone more 90's to fit into the theme they've got going.

I'd also love to see Palms, I think they'd fit nicely on the bill, but Chino's scheduling probably wouldn't allow for that. HTDA would work, but that's still a long night for TR and Ally and not sure I'd want to risk NIN not being fully refreshed.

WorzelG
07-03-2014, 12:35 PM
HTDA would work, but that's still a long night for TR and Ally and not sure I'd want to risk NIN not being fully refreshed.
Not that it really matters to me as I won't be there, but it's not like htda shows were physically draining from what I could see and they'd have all of Soundgarden's set to recover

billpulsipher
07-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Trent and his wife open for NIN. That would be a disaster and make TR look like a tool, using NIN to prop up his wife's career. I am sure Soundgarden fans are dying to hear Trent and his wife's pseudo electronic darkwave band... Even TR would admit that would be sketchy and opportunistic.

Palms is touring in september. Deftones are playing shows in july.....TR should call his old buddies in Dillinger Escape Plan

mel_zombie
07-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Trent and his wife open for NIN. That would be a disaster and make TR look like a tool, using NIN to prop up his wife's career. I am sure Soundgarden fans are dying to hear Trent and his wife's pseudo electronic darkwave band... Even TR would admit that would be sketchy and opportunistic.

Palms is touring in september. Deftones are playing shows in july.....TR should call his old buddies in Dillinger Escape Plan

damn, Bill. I actually agree with you on this one!

fortheloveofgod
07-03-2014, 01:26 PM
It will only be a 30min time slot. Doubt it will be anyone that well known.

ryanmcfly
07-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Dillinger does not have any tour dates after this weekend.

m15a
07-03-2014, 03:22 PM
It will only be a 30min time slot. Doubt it will be anyone that well known.

Could have pretty big names (probably friends of Trent or SG) if they just do a couple shows.

otnavuskire
07-03-2014, 04:16 PM
He just played a few shows in america in april, so it probably wouldnt be an issue

Yeah, those shows were supposed to happen at the end of last year, and they all had to be canceled and rescheduled to April because of his visa issues. He can only enter the USA with a work visa, not even as a tourist, and he has problems getting them every time. Here's the explanation he posted when they announced the cancellation of last year's tour:

Re: GODFLESH US tour postponement and refunds, etc - We have seen this from Ticketmaster "We just learned that your upcoming event has been postponed: Godflesh, Irving Plaza
Saturday, October 19th with the doors opening at 9PM New date: To Be Announced! Your original tickets are still good and will be honored once the new date is announced.
Need a refund? We'll refund your order, if requested, including fees....." So, we hope that this info will give everyone some idea of how the ticket refunds, etc will pan out, but please do remember that Godflesh as a band do not have anything at all related to the process of refunds, etc, this is all down to the organisation you bought your tickets from - for example, Ticketmaster, etc. The new dates will be announced within 24 hours; they are almost exactly the same cities and venues, only the venue in SF has changed. The dates will begin in Philadelphia on 11th April, and end in Austin on April 24th. We may even have another date or two on the West Coast besides Seattle, Portland, LA and SF.

Again, very, very sorry for those who have lost out here, financially and besides, just know that we have too, considerably, this tour would have supported my family and I for some time, I now do not have that income. Thank you to those who understand and empathise, ultimately we're all in this together.

I am sorry for those that still feel the need to blame the band, and/or anyone working for the band, we clearly understand how this can be angering, of course, though it's still quite bizarre, yet not at all surprising, that one would wish to blame the band they claim to support, more so than their own governments red tape and protocol, also, this level of ignorance, stubbornness, and immediate lack of the capacity to be understanding outside of oneself and one's own needs/indulgence, coupled with the obvious inability to hold discourse without resorting to lashing out verbally (and possibly even physically in a very 'real' context), before reasonably engaging one's brain, is actually one of the many issues I and Godflesh, and jesu to some extent, have been dealing with lyrically for many years, it's often still quite disheartening to find, time and time again, that SOME people buying (maybe) our music have traits that are genuinely offensive to us. Just remember, Godflesh is not 'tough guy' music, is not for empty macho posturing and flexing, we oppose these acts of banality, and perhaps not even coincidentally, internet posturing is just an extension of this, and arguably more insipid since it's so easy to hide behind one's keyboard and pour vitriol onto anything one wishes to, it's simply pathetic, real life is so much better, really, try it some time.

And, for those who still claim to see a trillion bands from over here in Europe coming into the US in their droves without visa issues, and seem to have an inability to understand why we are not, coupled with the fact that we have had our visas stalled on an number of occasions in the past (besides Godflesh with the 'Hymns' tour, where I split the band up just before the tour, which oddly still seems to anger some - no GC Green? Is that Godflesh? No, it is not Godflesh), maybe some are not aware of this, or possibly would not want to be aware of this since it may somewhat put some things into perspective, but we wouldn't want that would we? No, just blame the band.

Godflesh was invited to play the US in 1990; two shows in the Boston area, we had only just signed with Earache Records, they told us we could go to the US, guitar, bass and drum machine in hand, and literally say we're staying with friends, and play these shows, that nothing else was required, we, being very young and naive about this (I was just 20 years old), agreed that we should just do this, Earache claimed it would be fine, having themselves very little experience in dealing with sending bands to the US. Stupid, yes, in hindsight, of course. Upon our arrival we were taken separately into 'interrogation' rooms, found to be a 'threat' and promptly placed, almost physically (security / police escorted us onto the actual flight itself), and deported back to the UK, we were told this would not affect our future visits to the US. Well, it has ALWAYS affected us, we cannot come as a tourist to the US, only on work visas, we are quizzed extensively every time on this issue, and it contributes to stalling our visas, and there is simply not a thing we can do about this, nothing, all possible avenues have been exhausted, and why would they not be?

So, we always have to allow more time to achieve work visas for the USA, BUT, bands can only apply once all the shows / dates are set in stone and confirmed, or you cannot apply for the visa, and, these dates / shows can never be solidified too early because this industry just does not work like that, this can be hard for some to comprehend, but when this is one's life, believe me, you comprehend it, this may help some gain a little perspective as to how these issues arise and how these things go wrong, but go ahead blame the band, please, it's the easy way out, but if that makes one feel better, so be it, ignorance is bliss; makes one feel better, and 'right', I mean it surely just couldn't be the responsibility of the USCIS and US government could it?!!!

Some have asked why I feel the need at all to validate and qualify our position on this - because we wish for people to be understanding, to see outside of their selves a little.
But that's it, we are done explaining, so be it, if you are still so angered, do not come and see the band, do not buy the records, hate us, if that makes you feel good.

Thank you for listening, and if possible, like most of you, understanding, rescheduled dates soon....

slave2thewage
07-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Fingers crossed for the Vengaboys!

TheRealNs1
07-03-2014, 05:34 PM
lawn tickets on sale all over for $20 no service fee.

icecream
07-03-2014, 06:23 PM
I'm glad we have Bill here. He always knows what Trent is thinking!

Kyle
07-03-2014, 06:33 PM

HTDA opening for NIN would be nothing of the sort. HTDA opening for NIN/Soundgarden outside when the sun is out however probably would be.

Not a huge fan but I could go for DEP though. I'll give you that one.

mel_zombie
07-03-2014, 08:06 PM
this is off topic, but where in the hell is the merch thread??? I'm curious to see if any international fans took pictures of the merch table from the last tour. I mainly just want to see what their poster looked like. I hope they have a kickass poster for the NIN/SG shows.

Krazy
07-03-2014, 08:32 PM
this is off topic, but where in the hell is the merch thread??? I'm curious to see if any international fans took pictures of the merch table from the last tour. I mainly just want to see what their poster looked like. I hope they have a kickass poster for the NIN/SG shows.

Its right on the tour discussion 1st page. Here:

http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2985-NIN-2014-Japan-Australia-UK-Europe-Official-Tour-Merchandise

bobbie solo
07-04-2014, 01:34 AM
DEP is probably too big for that slot. It's going to be a very small group if anybody at all, with maybe a few shows having a cool, bigger guest band as someone else said.

Ideally, that 30 minutes would simply go to NIN, or to both NIN & SG.

sheepdean
07-04-2014, 01:46 AM
Fingers crossed for the Vengaboys!
NIN are going to Ibiza?

slave2thewage
07-04-2014, 08:15 AM
NIN are going to Ibiza?

The NIN tour bus is comin'
And everybody's jumpin'
New York to San Francisco
A fucking gothic disco

Krazy
07-05-2014, 06:01 PM
LOLLL@the NINtour.com update...

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/GoatKrazy/Mobile%20Uploads/5F6F183F-48F5-4024-85B7-D578DE51FA23.png (http://s265.photobucket.com/user/GoatKrazy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/5F6F183F-48F5-4024-85B7-D578DE51FA23.png.html)

nobies
07-05-2014, 07:46 PM
DFA1979 would be a fun opener again. Are they busy?

Star
07-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Peaches?(lol). Not a fan

I thought she was pretty entertaining. I would love to see Bauhaus again.....

elevenism
07-06-2014, 12:46 AM
I thought she was pretty entertaining. I would love to see Bauhaus again.....

You know who i would like to see again as an opener? A Perfect Circle.
As a matter of fact, next time the Rez man decides to sign up for another of these brothers in arms tag team tours, he should do it with Tool or A Perfect Circle.

I may be speaking out of turn, but as much as i love Jane's, and dig soundgarden, it just doesn't resonate with me like nin does, and i feel that many of us feel the same.

I also think that, and again, i realize that i am kind of speaking for all of us, but i feel like Tool or APC WOULD resonate with NIN's fan base.

It never fails that, when i ask folks what kind of music they listen to, if NIN is mentioned, an MJK group is mentioned as well.

My dream tour would be a co headliner with NIN and Tool with LOOOONG sets, and someone like Tricky or Portishead as the opener.

Krazy
07-06-2014, 12:56 AM
I agree with your post 100% but ain't happening for so many reasons, outside of possibly being at the same huge festival by chance.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080202231025/uncyclopedia/images/archive/1/11/20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

elevenism
07-06-2014, 01:08 AM
I agree with your post 100% but ain't happening for so many reasons, outside of possibly being at the same huge festival by chance.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080202231025/uncyclopedia/images/archive/1/11/20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

has this already been discussed to death, Krazy ? i must have missed it. I was kinda in the "this WILL happen" someday camp.

Why can't it happen?
i feel like you just told me that santa isn't real.

elevenism
07-06-2014, 01:10 AM
has this already been discussed to death, @Krazy (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1143) ? i must have missed it. I was kinda in the "this WILL happen" someday camp.

Why can't it happen?

and if that can't happen,

howsabout a Bowie/NIN/Manson?

Krazy
07-06-2014, 01:25 AM
has this already been discussed to death, @Krazy (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1143) ? i must have missed it. I was kinda in the "this WILL happen" someday camp.

Why can't it happen?

A bit, yes. I think the first rumors started around 2006. It's been posted here and there ever since on both fan forums.

Ill get the Tool thing out of the way quickly: they don't need any help selling out arenas, anyone buying tickets (myself included) during their last couple of US mini-tours can vouche(sp?) for that.

APC is pretty much dead now that Tool seems to be focused on getting their next album done. I'm in the "no news is good news" group as far Tool updates are concerned. For the first time in a long time I'm optimistic that they're on at least the same page.

Don't even feel like getting into Puscifer. Meh. Would be a proper NIN arena opener though.

What I'm about to type is far fetched but would be awesome- a Tool and NIN co-headlining stadium tour (MLB and NFL venues). Yes, a pipe dream but they could probably pull off some incredible production and both fan bases have the numbers combined to make it happen in regards to filling seats.

Krazy
07-06-2014, 01:46 AM
I may be speaking out of turn, but as much as i love Jane's, and dig soundgarden, it just doesn't resonate with me like nin does, and i feel that many of us feel the same.

I also think that, and again, i realize that i am kind of speaking for all of us, but i feel like Tool or APC WOULD resonate with NIN's fan base.

It never fails that, when i ask folks what kind of music they listen to, if NIN is mentioned, an MJK group is mentioned as well.

Since I can't "like" a post more than once I'm editing and quoting this. Just my honest opinion but I think thousands of people share the same thought. :)

Go to a NIN show see Tool tshirts and vice versa. Both bands kind of grew and blew up in popularity the same time. Another thing is it's hard to categorize either band into a genre. Last but not least they both put on incredible visual production that not many other "rock" acts can match- helps that the musicians have their hands into it.

WorzelG
07-06-2014, 03:13 AM
Ill get the Tool thing out of the way quickly: they don't need any help selling out arenas, anyone buying tickets (myself included) during their last couple of US mini-tours can vouche(sp?) for that.
It's hardly a fair comparison though, maybe NIN would sell out all their shows if they only played 12 shows and coasted on years old albums, never took risks or wrote anything new that might turn people off.

elevenism
07-06-2014, 06:08 AM
A bit, yes. I think the first rumors started around 2006. It's been posted here and there ever since on both fan forums.

APC is pretty much dead now that Tool seems to be focused on getting their next album done. I'm in the "no news is good news" group as far Tool updates are concerned. For the first time in a long time I'm optimistic that they're on at least the same page.

Don't even feel like getting into Puscifer. Meh. Would be a proper NIN arena opener though.

What I'm about to type is far fetched but would be awesome- a Tool and NIN co-headlining stadium tour (MLB and NFL venues). Yes, a pipe dream but they could probably pull off some incredible production and both fan bases have the numbers combined to make it happen in regards to filling seats.

See, i think this would be so incredible and very doable. It also, to me, feels inevitable.
but here's the thing. WE are on the INSIDE. we are the intelligent fanatics who deeply analyze the lyrics and meanings of songs from each band. we are the ones for whom certain songs from NIN and Tool give us such incredible subjective feelings that we are moved to tears or life resolutions.

But here is my question. how many of us are there? enough to fill NBA style arenas?
I have seen tool in a big arena in dallas, the american airlines center, and it was full and fucking amazing...but that was ten years ago or so.

i wonder about the relevance to the mainstream. is it still there?

Oh, and by the way...the genre for both bands, in my opinion, is EPIC rock. the word epic is for some reason over used these days, and as language changes, it loses its original meaning. when i say epic, i mean this, which i obviously yakked from a dictionary...

. noting or pertaining to a long poetic composition, usually centered upon a hero (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hero), in which (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/which) a series of great achievements or events is narrated in elevated style: Homer's Iliad is an epic poem.

heroic; majestic; impressively great: the epic events of the war.

of unusually great size or extent

Conan The Barbarian
07-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Both bands fan base together will not fill up a stadium. An arena is more for this type of show.

Only people who can get that stadium sized crowd are more mainstream, e.g. the stones, Beyonce, U2.

Plus as a fan of both, it would suck ass seeing them at an even greater distance. Plus imagine those GA prices.

Its a cool idea, but in the end everyone loses out.

elevenism
07-06-2014, 09:30 AM
One time when i saw tool, i couldn't see them at all, and i actually could barely HEAR them at the american airlines center. Conan The Barbarian , Bringer of light, i believe that it would work at a smaller venue then.

Let's think positive. Maybe we can manifest this shit!

billpulsipher
07-06-2014, 11:07 AM
NIN-Tool co headlining in 1996 wouldnt fill a stadium, let alone 2014....

Krazy
07-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Not saying it would "sell out" a stadium, but it definitely would do well. Fucking Pearl Jam has done stadiums- pretty sure a Tool/NIN co-headliner would do just as good if not better than PJ.

If they did an arena tour the pricing would be nuts on that too. These shows would sell out instantly- remember the PITA WG club tickets? Deja vu all over again.

Its fun to speculate and discuss the possibility of this tour (even though it's been done numerous times) especially since they have mutual fans and the music for both is (fairly) unique. Honestly though one of us ETS members has a better chance of winning the lottery than it happening.

EDIT: And regarding a stadium tour I'm talking about 12-15 shows in the largest markets. No one would expect them to hit up every MLB or NFL stadium. Meh, like I said: pipe dream and only in fun.

spinz
07-06-2014, 01:04 PM
um yeah, i think people need to stop expecting a third major headliner :P
it just wont work with the logistics... especially on short notice. Best to hope for is another notable "up and coming" group.

elevenism
07-06-2014, 01:49 PM
um yeah, i think people need to stop expecting a third major headliner :P
it just wont work with the logistics... especially on short notice. Best to hope for is another notable "up and coming" group.
dude we are off topic a little talking about the future.
we don't think tool is going to show up at the soundgarden show, lol.

The opener, BTW, is Death Grips.

Krazy
07-06-2014, 01:54 PM
The opener, BTW, WAS Death Grips.

Fixed!!!!!

billpulsipher
07-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Not saying it would "sell out" a stadium, but it definitely would do well. Fucking Pearl Jam has done stadiums- pretty sure a Tool/NIN co-headliner would do just as good if not better than PJ.

dont hold your breath....PJ seems to be a lot bigger than NIN these days..

Krazy
07-06-2014, 02:19 PM
dont hold your breath....PJ seems to be a lot bigger than NIN these days..

If you read the posts this was just speculation on what a Tool AND NIN show would POSSIBLY consist of. I'm fully aware that PJ has an easier time filling up an arena compared to NIN- we already went through this days ago.

Do I think a large arena or stadium tour with Tool/NIN could be successful? Yes.

Do I think it's ever going to happen? Absolutely not.

I think we're done here with this topic (again.... until next time, which is inevitable).

m15a
07-06-2014, 04:01 PM
EDIT: And regarding a stadium tour I'm talking about 12-15 shows in the largest markets. No one would expect them to hit up every MLB or NFL stadium. Meh, like I said: pipe dream and only in fun.

Personally, even as a Tool fan, I'd probably skip those stadium shows. I know some people like stadium shows, and I've never been to one, so I can't know for sure, but it doesn't sound pleasant.

becomingtom
07-06-2014, 04:16 PM
So who exactly dropped out of the tour? I was just told by a friend that it was Soundgarden. But by what I see here it seems to be an opening band. What's going on?

Krazy
07-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Personally, even as a Tool fan, I'd probably skip those stadium shows. I know some people like stadium shows, and I've never been to one, so I can't know for sure, but it doesn't sound pleasant.

never been to one either. I guess it would depend on venue configuration and how decent your seat is. Can't imagine it would sound good though.

So who exactly dropped out of the tour? I was just told by a friend that it was Soundgarden. But by what I see here it seems to be an opening band. What's going on?

Death Grips dropped out- the opener. SG and NIN are good to go. **knocks on wood**

becomingtom
07-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Ok thanks for the reply!

Joy Prevention Hotline
07-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Honestly though one of us ETS members has a better chance of winning the lottery than it happening.
Ooooo, ooooo! Me, me, can it be me? Please?

Only one I've seen was the Rolling Stones (Bridges to Babylon tour). I had a pretty good seat, so I couldn't complain about being three miles away from the stage — it was more like 15 rows, I think. :p

But any time you get that close, you're surrounded by drunks and self-absorbed assholes. Sometimes it's better to be in the nosebleeds.

spinz
07-06-2014, 05:43 PM
ok, im curious, what do people consider "stadium" shows? For me the amphitheater nin is playing has similar (in some cases higher) capacity as sports venues around here.

FULLMETAL
07-06-2014, 06:01 PM
ok, im curious, what do people consider "stadium" shows? For me the amphitheater nin is playing has similar (in some cases higher) capacity as sports venues around here.
Where are you located? Looking at the Billboard boxscore, a rough estimate of the seating is as follows:
Stadium = 75,000 seats
Amphitheater = 23,000 seats
Arena = 14,000 seats

spinz
07-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Where are you located? Looking at the Billboard boxscore, a rough estimate of the seating is as follows:
Stadium = 75,000 seats
Amphitheater = 23,000 seats
Arena = 14,000 seats

Ok thanks, so football numbers i guess. A lot of basketball and hockey venues are around 20k and i still see those get called stadiums.. and at least some baseball venues are around 30k.

Krazy
07-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Ok thanks, so football numbers i guess. A lot of basketball and hockey venues are around 20k and i still see those get called stadiums.. and at least some baseball venues are around 30k.

EDIT: I take that back. Looking at venues wikis most of them have concerts as the largest capacities-hmmm
o_O

spinz
07-06-2014, 06:22 PM
i guess i cant really imagine a concert in a venue with 70k seats, that sounds insane O_O

mel_zombie
07-06-2014, 06:28 PM
someone said that NIN can sell out shows without a big co-headliner like Jane's or Soundgarden.. Why??? With Teeth & LITS didn't have big co-headliners. Is it that the fanbase is smaller? I don't understand the logistics of a tour.

spinz
07-06-2014, 06:33 PM
someone said that NIN can sell out shows without a big co-headliner like Jane's or Soundgarden.. Why??? With Teeth & LITS didn't have big co-headliners. Is it that the fanbase is smaller? I don't understand the logistics of a tour.

it does seem like the number of people buying tickets has shrunk considerably. A part of it could be the last couple albums havnt gotten much attention. And also you have to remember the with teeth tour came after a long period of inactivity, and the excitement exploded over them being back, and that carried for a while.

mel_zombie
07-06-2014, 07:04 PM
it does seem like the number of people buying tickets has shrunk considerably. A part of it could be the last couple albums havnt gotten much attention. And also you have to remember the with teeth tour came after a long period of inactivity, and the excitement exploded over them being back, and that carried for a while.

yes and the rise in ticket prices probably is also factor even though people like me will spend the money no matter what.

elevenism
07-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Why in the fuck can't it happen, Krazy . Stop saying that!
:p let's fucking manifest that shit, law of attraction style.

sick among the pure
07-06-2014, 07:41 PM

I've never seen a show in a basketball venue, but hockey venues are arenas.

ryanmcfly
07-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Basketball venues are arenas usually.

Krazy
07-06-2014, 11:35 PM
Basketball NBA arenas = NHL hockey arenas. They're mostly configured the same way, and most NHL teams and NBA teams share the same venue. Off the top of my head I can only think of a handful of cities that have different venues for each team (Detroit, Minneapolis, Florida/Miami???...)

Biggest difference is the hockey rink is wider than a basketball court- pretty sure most arenas set up concerts for the wider hockey rink width. That's why you'll typically see those white borders seperating the seats from GA.

FULLMETAL
07-07-2014, 12:03 AM
Did anyone else notice if their hometown venue had a "sale" on lawn tickets for the Independence Day holiday? I hope Atlanta is the only stop that isn't selling well.

mel_zombie
07-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Did anyone else notice if their hometown venue had a "sale" on lawn tickets for the Independence Day holiday? I hope Atlanta is the only stop that isn't selling well.

why don't you want Atlanta to sell well??
It seems a lot of cities aren't selling well, but then again we have time.
Atlanta usually does pretty ok. 2nd market cities sometimes tends to not sell well.
the Atlanta show is selling a lot better than the VA shows. just looked, btw.

elevenism
07-07-2014, 12:38 AM
Well i SURE wish i was going to this shit, got damnit

billpulsipher
07-07-2014, 02:05 AM
how about fuck stadiums, and fuck light shows and tasers and big production (and rob sheridan) and strip it down to the bare minimum and play stricly clubs with a setlist of lesser played songs....I'll take that over some over blown cock rock stadium guns n roses shit..guarantee TR will have 9999 times more fun doing shows like this than these huge productions where he has to worry about every little detail on and off the stage

TheRealNs1
07-07-2014, 02:25 AM
how about fuck stadiums, and fuck light shows and tasers and big production (and rob sheridan) and strip it down to the bare minimum and play stricly clubs with a setlist of lesser played songs....I'll take that over some over blown cock rock stadium guns n roses shit..guarantee TR will have 9999 times more fun doing shows like this than these huge productions where he has to worry about every little detail on and off the stage

i'll take pretty lights exploding in my face plz, thanks.

hani
07-07-2014, 04:15 AM

http://www.ninwiki.com/Wave_Goodbye_Tour

otnavuskire
07-07-2014, 05:00 AM

They did that for the one in Massachusetts as well. Looking at the seat by seat availability, there are entire sections where only a handful of seats have been sold. I'm guessing those $20 lawn seats will end up being a good deal, as they'll probably let anyone in the lawn come and fill in the upper section of seats so that it doesn't look so empty.

icklekitty
07-07-2014, 07:29 AM
i guess i cant really imagine a concert in a venue with 70k seats, that sounds insane O_O

Consider this: NIN's first UK show was in an 80,000 capacity venue.

r_k_f
07-07-2014, 08:39 AM

i'll take production, Sheridan, light shows (no tasers :P) and clubs though.. or theaters.. or both. something like the HTDA venue selection.

r_k_f
07-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Fixed!!!!! booooooooooo

jessamineny
07-07-2014, 08:44 AM
I'll take whatever makes TR money so he can keep making music

Krazy
07-07-2014, 08:55 AM
Don't tase be bro!!!

i think you meant "lazors" [insert Austin Powers reference] something NIN has never done. I'm talking about "lazors", can't speak for any possible Austin Powers related visuals though.

Omega
07-07-2014, 09:50 AM
The platinum seating thing ticks me off more and more. Just freaking ridiculous prices.

billpulsipher
07-07-2014, 10:41 AM
you people want big production...expect EXPENSIVE tickets.....dont cry about ticket prices when you want to see a big rock n roll show with massive production....club tour would cost about 25 bucks a ticket...

ethan829
07-07-2014, 11:19 AM

Yeah, he has no fun playing stadiums with elaborate light shows, which is why he keeps doing it.

TheRealNs1
07-07-2014, 11:50 AM
you people want big production...expect EXPENSIVE tickets.....dont cry about ticket prices when you want to see a big rock n roll show with massive production....club tour would cost about 25 bucks a ticket...

lol what the fuck would be the point of that? Tix sell out instantly and only 2000 fans get to see his show. See: Final 8 shows, 2009. And that shit was STILL more than @25/ticket with a stripped down production.

I'll take $100 tix, pretty lights exploding in my face and then the right to bitch about the ticket pricing on ETS about it after. WE WANT WHAT WE CAN'T AFFORD WOOOOO .

FUCK Soundgarden, MORE PRETTY LIGHTS.

r_k_f
07-07-2014, 12:33 PM
I hate this crap.. just dealt with trying to get good tix for the Oddball Fest..

The platinum seating thing ticks me off more and more. Just freaking ridiculous prices.

mel_zombie
07-07-2014, 12:51 PM

yep. It's all Ticketbastard, but hey, atleast we don't have to shell out $350 bucks for floor seating like many artists are charging this summer.. (ummm Kiss, Motley Crue.....)

TheRealNs1
07-07-2014, 01:34 PM
yep. It's all Ticketbastard, but hey, atleast we don't have to shell out $350 bucks for floor seating like many artists are charging this summer.. (ummm Kiss, Motley Crue.....)

re: Motley

At least with Motley you can see where the money is going

http://q103albany.com/tommy-lee-cruecifly-drum-solo/

Krazy
07-07-2014, 01:52 PM
you people want big production...expect EXPENSIVE ....club tour would cost about 25 bucks a ticket...

No they wouldn't. Just because it's a "club show" doesn't automatically mean cheap tickets. Think when I saw KMFDM here in Milwaukee a couple years ago in a 400 or so person venue they were over $30- NIN obviously would be a premium over that and it's a couple years later (read: inflation).

Anyone know what they were charging in the Japan "intimate" shows, adjusted for current USD?

WorzelG
07-07-2014, 02:23 PM
re: Motley

At least with Motley you can see where the money is going

http://q103albany.com/tommy-lee-cruecifly-drum-solo/
Are you saying you couldn't see where the money was going with Tension?

TheRealNs1
07-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Are you saying you couldn't see where the money was going with Tension?

I'm making no comparison to NIN at all, rather other top tier bands who charge hundreds for floor tickets with no perceived value (Eric Clapton, I'm looking at you)

TheRealNs1
07-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Anyone know what they were charging in the Japan "intimate" shows, adjusted for current USD?

this website says JPY 9000, which is $88 using today's fx rate.

http://www.japanconcerttickets.com/nine-inch-nail-japan-shows-2014/