PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-09-2013, 07:46 AM
I'm pretty sure he got shot in the head in the comic. Although I completely missed that he even died the first time I read the comic somehow, probably because it was someone so unimportant that killed him in the comic which is what Robert thought was interesting about his death.

Oh yeah, he's definitely dead there. I was just trying to say that the comic-book rule didn't necessarily apply to the show. :P

redshoewearer
12-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Somebody had to. I feel like if she was killed, they would've made it MUCH clearer.

I agree with this - I'm not convinced the baby is a goner. I don't think we needed to see the baby being eaten, but we didn't see anything at all - they could have shown a walker heading to the baby carrier or something.

All that aside, who else got that disappointed realization sometime early yesterday evening about 'oh yeah, no Walking Dead tonight'...

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-09-2013, 10:37 AM
I agree with this - I'm not convinced the baby is a goner. I don't think we needed to see the baby being eaten, but we didn't see anything at all - they could have shown a walker heading to the baby carrier or something.

I feel like they could've done that, followed up with a behind-the-carrier shots of Carl and Rick seeing what would essentially be an unfinished slab of baby back ribs in said carrier, with some reaction shots from them - basically confirming she was dead, without having to even show anything. That would've been pretty nasty.

All that aside, who else got that disappointed realization sometime early yesterday evening about 'oh yeah, no Walking Dead tonight'...

I got the satisfaction of raining on my roommate's parade when he was all excited to see what Sunday's episode was gonna be like. Muahahaha!

october_midnight
01-17-2014, 05:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igDzM4CyWa8

Ryan
01-17-2014, 05:24 PM
hahahahahahaha

Ryan
02-06-2014, 01:26 AM
Next week!

Ryan
02-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Today! ten characters

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-09-2014, 09:13 PM
I can't imagine eating that much pudding.

Also, yay, Carl!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-09-2014, 11:12 PM
Great episode tonight. Seeing the characters struggling with themselves personally, and making quick decisions about what they think they want was done pretty dam well. It felt like the beginning of something new once again. I'm just glad they're out of that dam prison FINALLY. Was also very cool to find out who Michonne's pets were back in season 2.

Ryan
02-10-2014, 05:08 AM
lol at the governor getting like 2 seconds of screen time.

TheyCallMeDrug
02-16-2014, 09:43 PM
good episode. im guessing it's implied there will be a romantic moment between glen and tara? at this point im glad the story is moving in the direction of terminus and abraham.

Conan The Barbarian
02-17-2014, 06:04 AM
Umm Tara is a lesbian.

Ryan
02-17-2014, 07:29 AM
Maybe she has an exception for annoying Asians who should have been killed off long before Hershel?

rhet
02-17-2014, 07:37 AM
annoying Asians who should have been killed off long before Hershel? nooo I'm glad Glenn is still alive. I prefer the Maggie/Glenn arc of the show much better than the comics.

AgentofChaos
02-17-2014, 07:51 AM
This episode was a fairly sensible follow up, because it established all these new groups of characters and mashed them together which should allow for some interesting developments down the road. In that sense, it has invigorated this season for me. Best episode was still last week's Rick/Carl episode. I need more of that please. I'm still waiting to find characters I can actually care about. I quite enjoy the show but there is actually no one, that if they died next episode, I would be torn up about or feel the show would be lacking as a result. Carl is coming close, Michone is pretty crucial, but I'm not there yet. I still miss Shane though. He was the only one that I really felt that way about. Maybe one of these even newer characters will fill that void, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Conan The Barbarian
02-17-2014, 08:42 AM
Glenn does seem hopeless compared to comics glenn.

Ryan
02-18-2014, 02:56 PM
This episode was a fairly sensible follow up, because it established all these new groups of characters and mashed them together which should allow for some interesting developments down the road. In that sense, it has invigorated this season for me. Best episode was still last week's Rick/Carl episode. I need more of that please. I'm still waiting to find characters I can actually care about. I quite enjoy the show but there is actually no one, that if they died next episode, I would be torn up about or feel the show would be lacking as a result. Carl is coming close, Michone is pretty crucial, but I'm not there yet. I still miss Shane though. He was the only one that I really felt that way about. Maybe one of these even newer characters will fill that void, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Why on earth were you upset when Shane died or even miss him for that matter? He was a dick!

AgentofChaos
02-18-2014, 04:37 PM
His approach was flawed but he was the smartest and most sensible person in that group at the time. Carl realizes that now too, hence a few of his comments. Everything he said would happen happened, and they would have been so much better off had they listened to him. He just came off really aggressive and people were turned off. Plus the whole Lori thing got complicated and fucked him up in the end. But he was far and away the most complex and interesting character in my eyes. In the end he got a raw fuckin deal.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Anyone else see Talking Dead, where they wondered how to bring such a CRAZY character (Neegan) from the comics into the show later on? Sure, he'll be tough, but what about...KING EZEKIEL?? He's probably my favorite of the characters from that arc. Purely because he is who he is in this new zombie-filled world.

It'll definitely be interesting to see the TV counterparts of both.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-18-2014, 07:07 PM
I miss the Glenn from the first season. I mean, at this point I do care for a majority of the characters that we are with now because they have been through a lot of shit lately. Rick, Daryl, Carl, Glenn, and Michone are my favs to this point, and Shane? Yea, he was pretty interesting but I couldn't wait till' he died earlier in the series.. If he wasn't such a prick, I wouldn't mind him still being around.

Conan The Barbarian
02-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Anyone else see Shamus when you look at Abraham?

Ryan
02-19-2014, 10:37 PM
Till Lindemann needs a role in the show.

Ryan
03-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Daryl totally should have tapped that last night.

Zipfinator
03-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Daryl totally should have tapped that last night.

She's like 14 bro... At least the character is.

Broadbent
03-03-2014, 06:14 PM

Zombie apocalypse bro. Anything goes.

LEGAL: This post is satire. Its author does not condone or participate in any illegal activities. Fuck those pedophiles bro.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-03-2014, 06:29 PM

She is only 14 in the show? I knew she was young... but that is not believable to me at all.

Zipfinator
03-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Hmm I looked on the wiki and I was thinking she was 16 from Season 2. It's been 2 years since then about though so she's 18 now. Go for it Darryl.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Edit: Just kidding! Beat me to it.

Ryan
03-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Zombie apocalypse bro. Anything goes.

LEGAL: This post is satire. Its author does not condone or participate in any illegal activities. Fuck those pedophiles bro.

fucking lol

DigitalChaos
03-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Hmm I looked on the wiki and I was thinking she was 16 from Season 2. It's been 2 years since then about though so she's 18 now. Go for it Darryl.
This
But what is her maturity? She has clearly moved beyond the child level of maturity. There are certainly children in TWD, but she doesn't strike me as one. Last night's episode pretty much closed off any potential remaining attachments to her childhood.

DigitalChaos
03-03-2014, 09:02 PM
It happening while she was drunk would be... kinda creepy though.

DigitalChaos
03-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Just in case anyone missed this from last week's TTD:
http://i.imgur.com/adz6z6Z.jpg

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Hahaaaa! I read this the other day and loved it.. seems like they all have a fun time on set and have a good connection off screen.

On the Beth situation... thanks for clarifying Zip ;)

I, on the other hand think if there ever is a real life Zelda film, Emily Kinney should be Princess Zelda.

DigitalChaos
03-03-2014, 10:34 PM
There wasn't even a reason for Daryl be on set for that entire episode. I guess they are all just good friends.

DigitalChaos
03-03-2014, 10:39 PM
From a story perspective, what would happen if Daryl and Beth hooked up?

Daryl probably thinks he will never see Carol again. If they end up meeting up again with Carol, I bet there would be some tension. Add in the fact that Beth used to take care of Judith so much and now Carol seems to be the one taking care of the baby... There are some odd parallels to the Rick/Laurie/Shane situation.

sweeterthan
03-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Is she really 14? I was thinking more like 18 or 19. I kept waiting for the make out session too but if she's 14, no bueno.

<3 Daryl.

Ryan
03-04-2014, 05:57 PM
The actress that plays her is 28.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Kinney

If I remember correctly, when Carl was 13 she was 17 in season 2. She'd be over 18 now in the show.

DigitalChaos
03-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Jesus people. It's the goddamned zombie apocalypse. There are no laws that tell you how to act. You have to figure out your own moral code. That's one of the huge points of this show. People HAVE to make their own choices and not fall back on some continent-wide authority figure. Fuck, most of the characters have even given up on their god.

Guess what, she was "under age" when she drank too.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Completely unrelated - Anyone who thinks that Steven Yeun played Short Round in Indiana Jones is completely wrong. THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK SIMILAR. And I'm pretty sure Steven is like, 10 or 15 years younger than that dude.

Yeah, Steven was about two years old when The Temple of Doom was even released.

DigitalChaos
03-05-2014, 01:26 PM
all rook same

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-05-2014, 01:32 PM
all rook same

"Moshi moshi, Grenn-desu!"

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Completely unrelated - Anyone who thinks that Steven Yeun played Short Round in Indiana Jones is completely wrong. THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK SIMILAR. And I'm pretty sure Steven is like, 10 or 15 years younger than that dude.

Yeah, Steven was about two years old when The Temple of Doom was even released.

Even worse... thousands of people share and like that stupid collage picture that is floating around facebook. People will believe anything, while Google is a freaking click away from any answer you need.

sweeterthan
03-05-2014, 09:11 PM
So the Beth character is around 18 then?

Jesus people. It's the goddamned zombie apocalypse. There are no laws that tell you how to act. You have to figure out your own moral code. That's one of the huge points of this show. People HAVE to make their own choices and not fall back on some continent-wide authority figure. Fuck, most of the characters have even given up on their god.

Guess what, she was "under age" when she drank too.

I couldn't care less if she drank at 14 in the zombie apocalypse but I wouldn't root for a grown ass man to take advantage of a drunk child. That's just creepy.

DigitalChaos
03-05-2014, 11:12 PM
So the Beth character is around 18 then?

I couldn't care less if she drank at 14 in the zombie apocalypse but I wouldn't root for a grown ass man to take advantage of a drunk child. That's just creepy.

And my point is: what makes you say she is a child? There is a lot more to being an adult than the age limit created by a government that no longer exists. A large part of the recent episodes were touching on this very issue.

What if she initiated? What if it happened before they started drinking or after they sobered up? I'd point out that GA's age of consent is 16, but it doesn't matter. Carl is out there taking care of himself and his dad while kicking zombie ass... He is younger than Beth by a few years. How long before he hooks up with someone? A lot of the kids are growing up way faster than you would see before the apocalypse.

The Beth & Daryl topic produces some interesting responses and it is really interesting to dig in and analyze when that happens.

sweeterthan
03-09-2014, 09:13 PM
I find that I enjoy the episodes where we get more than one group's story line. That episode was heart wrenching. Loved it.

Those guys with Daryl are the ones that were in the house when Rick was under the bed, no?

Where is Beth?

Michalrose
03-13-2014, 11:39 AM
I find that I enjoy the episodes where we get more than one group's story line. That episode was heart wrenching. Loved it.

Those guys with Daryl are the ones that were in the house when Rick was under the bed, no?

Where is Beth?

Yes! I just remembered that. Those guys are bad new bears.

Beth sped off to who knows where. I thought she might pull over and wait for Daryl? I guess if your scared shitless like that you don't think about stopping.

sweeterthan
03-13-2014, 12:14 PM
I got the impression that someone else was driving that car. You thought it was Beth behind the wheel? I was thinking she was kidnapped because of her bag being left behind. Hmmm

rhet
03-13-2014, 12:16 PM
yeah i thought it was pretty obvious that she didn't go willingly..why would she have just drove off without daryl? doesn't seem like her.

Michalrose
03-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Hmmm....I didn't consider her getting kidnapped. Was there a car just sitting there out front with keys in it that would start up immediately? Not likely.

Mr. Blaileen
03-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Good episode tonight. It's another one that's on the slower side of the spectrum, but it's got some heavy stuff. We get answers, too.

Conan The Barbarian
03-16-2014, 09:39 PM
Fantastic episode. So far, this story is alot more interesting than the others.

Also, they are getting pretty close to catching up. Hopefully the issues start another arc by the time the next season hits.

Zipfinator
03-16-2014, 10:01 PM
Fantastic episode. So far, this story is alot more interesting than the others.

Also, they are getting pretty close to catching up. Hopefully the issues start another arc by the time the next season hits.

They aren't getting that close I don't think, are they? I haven't seen tonight's episode but they could easily do next season or at least the first half of next season as them all together on the road plus Fear the Hunters. Then Alexandria would take 2-3 seasons I think including Negan.

A new arc in the comic is definitely starting soon though I think. There's like one or two issues left of the current one and something big is going to happen.

thelastdisciple
03-16-2014, 11:06 PM
That was a rough one tonight, probably the hardest one for me to watch throughout the series. Damn.

virushopper
03-17-2014, 12:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/c93zPUI.jpg

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-17-2014, 03:25 AM
THIS is what the show needs more of - more things that make everyone in the room watching the show actually be disturbed by what's happening. I really enjoyed that. It was a bit of a slow burn, but in a good way. My roommate's girlfriend even pointed out it was a straight-up homage to Of Mice and Men. Good episode!

I was really surprised by Carol admitting to burning the bodies at the prison, too. I was even more impressed with Tyreese's reaction, though. The right combination of shock and sadness and anger, but in light of him hopping on board with "taking care" of Lizzie, he must have fully understood why Carol had to do what she did to Karen and David.

Ryan
03-17-2014, 04:48 AM
Wow I didn't see that coming.

sweeterthan
03-17-2014, 07:28 PM
that was a crazy but great episode. I was definitely uncomfortable for most of it. I didn't see the Mika part coming at all. I didn't think it was a slow episode at all. I totally had nightmares because of it.

TheyCallMeDrug
03-17-2014, 09:06 PM
i think im jaded on the walking dead. i felt like i saw every turn coming last night, especially the "pet the bunny george" ending in the flowers. i literally quoted that line during the commercial break to my wife. that coupled with what my wife related the whole episode to in the comics kinda ruined the ending for us.

i liked the cinematography of the episode though, especially the confession scene between carol and tyrese.

imail724
03-17-2014, 10:14 PM
Did I miss something or did Carol and tyrese abandon the baby? Neither of them were carrying her in the final scene...

Conan The Barbarian
03-17-2014, 10:18 PM
I believe she was strapped to his back. Which caused me to laugh during a serious moment.

Well, not that serious but still.

DigitalChaos
03-18-2014, 02:37 AM
that coupled with what my wife related the whole episode to in the comics kinda ruined the ending for us.

Huh? How did the comic connect to this episode?

Zipfinator
03-18-2014, 03:09 AM
Huh? How did the comic connect to this episode?

The two kids who were on the road with the group before Fear the Hunters I think. One killed the other one in a van or something and then Carl snuck in and killed him in the night. Not exactly the same, but still the same base of kids growing up wrong in the apocalypse with fratricide.

DigitalChaos
03-18-2014, 03:19 PM
The two kids who were on the road with the group before Fear the Hunters I think. One killed the other one in a van or something and then Carl snuck in and killed him in the night. Not exactly the same, but still the same base of kids growing up wrong in the apocalypse with fratricide.
holy shit, i forgot all about that!

sa_nick
03-19-2014, 12:45 PM
That latest episode would have been awesome if I cared about those characters at all but I was wanting Carol to kill the older sister before she even went full physco.

Ryan
03-20-2014, 12:08 AM
That latest episode would have been awesome if I cared about those characters at all but I was wanting Carol to kill the older sister before she even went full physco.

haha same here.

TheyCallMeDrug
03-22-2014, 12:49 AM
so here's my prediction for sunday. on the part of daryl, he'll kill part of the group of his new buddies for crossing 'lines', they'll show a teaser towards the end of where beth is (hopefully as a zombie but not likely) abraham and that group will be addressed and left out hanging (as per usual) and it will address the other groups, in the last 10 minutes, still walking toward terminus.

any thoughts?

Alexandros
03-23-2014, 05:32 AM
Those crispy walkers last week were pretty badass!

Conan The Barbarian
03-23-2014, 08:32 PM
So one of the zombies in the tunnel looked like Bub from the day of the dead movie

http://2012.zombicon.com/wp-content/gallery/dotd/DotD_Bub.jpg

orestes
03-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Actually, there's been plenty of Romero zombie easter eggs throughout the show. (http://monsieurlecardinal.tumblr.com/post/80426441870/the-walking-dead-easter-eggs-references)

bobbie solo
03-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Prediction: cannibalism is a part of what's going down at Terminus.

Zipfinator
03-24-2014, 02:48 AM

If it's not some interpretation of Fear the Hunters I'd be kind of disappointed.

thelastdisciple
03-24-2014, 11:59 AM
Do you guys figure it was Joe who planted the Rabbit in Daryl's bag so he could make an example of Len and show Daryl what happens if he doesn't "follow the rules"?

Ryan
03-24-2014, 06:22 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought, like what happened in the video game with Clementine.

implanted_microchip
03-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought, like what happened in the video game with Clementine.

Also the Hunter storyline from the comics, which they've said we'll see at some point.

I'm betting Beth is what was on the grill behind the woman.

Ryan
03-24-2014, 07:58 PM
mmmmm, smoked Beth.

bobbie solo
03-25-2014, 12:07 AM
is that storyline the one where Rick ruthlessly fucks up those men that attacked his people?

Millionaire
03-25-2014, 12:57 AM
I predict that nothing funny is happening at Terminus, and they will all live happily ever after. The series from now on will be nothing but everyday life at Terminus, and the problems will be along the lines of "Did you water the tomatoes today?" and "Why didn't you do the white laundry separately?".

mfte
03-25-2014, 09:05 AM
For a bit there I thought that Beth was going to go down the path that Andrea in the comics went down, a total bad ass.

Anyone find it strange that all the gates at Terminus were unlocked?

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Here's a different promo that I haven't seen yet, with almost completely different footage than any of the US promos for the finale. Gives a little more detail of exactly what we can expect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PajKra6v8k

implanted_microchip
03-25-2014, 11:26 AM
is that storyline the one where Rick ruthlessly fucks up those men that attacked his people?

That's the one. One of the more brutal moments out of Rick for certain.

Ryan
03-25-2014, 08:33 PM
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/544602/20140324/walking-dead-416-finale-spoilers.htm

The ultimate episode of "The Walking Dead" season 4 is all set to air on Sunday, March 30, 2014. Episode 16 titled "A" is about brutality. Wetpaint (http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead/articles/2014-01-31-season-4-finale-episode-16) shared three synopses. First, "Many paths collide; Rick faces sheer brutality; the group struggles to survive." Second, "Rick comes face-to-face with sheer brutality when multiple paths collide." Third, "Factions begin to near an inevitable collision, which brings Rick face to face with a shocking form of brutality that threatens the lives of everyone he has become responsible for, so the group must find a way to survive the oncoming storm."

It is expected that prison members may reunite at the Terminus and face brutality there. Let's have a look at some teasers presented by AMC execs and executive producer.

1. Is Rick's brutality connected to Joe's group?

Joe (Jeff Kober) and group are tracking Rick in order to take revenge for the death of one of their group members. In the comics, Jeff and team are bandits who attack Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs) and Abraham Ford (Michael Cudlitz). Also, they try to rape Carl. Rick and Abraham kill the bandits and save Carl. Will they rape Carl or someone else (Michonne) in the TV version? Will they kill someone, perhaps, Michonne or babyhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/lb_icon1.png (http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/544602/20140324/walking-dead-416-finale-spoilers.htm#) Judith?

2. The Hunters

"SAVAGE. Honestly... people are going to be talking about this one. The cliffhanger at the end of season 4 will make the wait between seasons 4 and 5 the hardest wait we've ever had. ENJOY!" said Robert Kirkman about "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale at Reddit AMA (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/20u6xf/im_robert_kirkman_creator_of_the_walking_dead_ama/cg6sjcj?context=3). It is likely that The Hunters, a group of cannibals, enter in the finale episode and make matters worse for prison members.

3. "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 16 finale is set to be "Cool" and "Savage"

"There are some moments in the finale that I think are some of the coolest stuff we've done in the show, and that's the stuff I'm really excited about. We're wrapping this season up in pretty great form," added Robert Kirkman. Norman Reedus talked to Vulture (http://www.vulture.com/2013/11/the-walking-dead-norman-reedus-interview.html) and said that the show went big with it, and it would be a "very ambitious" instalment.

Watch "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 16 finale, "A" and witness the brutality.

DigitalChaos
03-26-2014, 02:50 PM
Do you guys figure it was Joe who planted the Rabbit in Daryl's bag so he could make an example of Len and show Daryl what happens if he doesn't "follow the rules"?
What? How so?
Len had issues following rules. He was the same douche who choked someone out to get the bed that was already claimed. (scene with Rick under the bed)

thelastdisciple
03-26-2014, 03:03 PM
What? How so?
Len had issues following rules. He was the same douche who choked someone out to get the bed that was already claimed. (scene with Rick under the bed)
Oh i know that but it's not outside the realm of possibility for characters to be manipulative like that in this show and Len would have probably been the shortest straw and an easy compromise for Joe if that indeed was his way of going about things.

It's just a thought when i was watching the situation unfold, but yes sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Either way Daryl sure saw the results of Len's errors. So the effect is the same.

DigitalChaos
03-26-2014, 03:51 PM
Yea, I guess it's possible that Joe saw a lot of value in getting Daryl on board with the team and had very little desire to keep Len around.

DigitalChaos
03-26-2014, 03:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tLmXzxe.jpg

Ryan
03-27-2014, 08:36 PM
I dreamt I was killing zombies the other night in a TWD-like scenario. Had something to do with being locked in a big factory and feeling safe one minute, then a bunch of walkers stampeded in and a whole lot of other nasty shit happened.

theburningreptile
03-30-2014, 08:27 PM
Rick just went full Terminator mode on those assholes. Daryl you are awesome for doing the right thing. Man, this episode has been good.

Goddamn, I said goddamn!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-30-2014, 09:17 PM
Pretty dam good episode. Reallllyy tense in almost every scene. The only thing I hated about it was the end with Rick and his cheesy ending line.

Conan The Barbarian
03-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Cheesy? I thought it was bad ass.

I have to say, FUCK COMMERCIALS!!!!!

implanted_microchip
03-30-2014, 09:46 PM
For those calling the ending cheesey, I'd just like to point out that cheesey or not it's straight from the comics when they encounter the Hunters, a group of cannibals that hunt down small groups (which is what I and many others have thought Terminus was, and this episode pretty much confirmed it, all the way down to them being equated to food/rabits with Terminus being the snare):

http://i.imgur.com/lGeilp9.jpg

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-30-2014, 09:56 PM
Screwing sounds WAY more cheesy than fucking, though. I mean...If they wanna make it a big boy show, they need to be okay with saying one big boy word here and there. All in all, though, it was a good episode. Definitely didn't quite go where I expected it to.

Christ. What are they gonna do about the language when they get to Neegan?

implanted_microchip
03-30-2014, 10:32 PM
Screwing sounds WAY more cheesy than fucking, though. I mean...If they wanna make it a big boy show, they need to be okay with saying one big boy word here and there. All in all, though, it was a good episode. Definitely didn't quite go where I expected it to.

I just find it ridiculous that in an episode where we see Rick rip a man's neck out with his teeth and spray blood into the air, stab a man repeatedly in the stomach who then spits blood onto Rick's face, saw a guy nearly rape a 12 year old boy and had threats of rape levelled at Michone, saw a guy get swarmed and eaten by zombies with his eyeballs getting ripped out, and possibly saw people eating cooked people -- having a guy quickly say "fuck" would've been too much. It's just such a weird system and I'm still not used to it.

maryelle
03-30-2014, 11:05 PM
Does Rick lose his hand in the comic? What's the story there?

bobbie solo
03-31-2014, 12:11 AM
yes, very early on. It's a very important aspect of how they build Rick's character.

Let it be said once again, the comic is LIGHT YEARS better than this frustrating show. Start reading the comic asap if the tv show is compelling to you. You will be much, much more entertained. That being said, tonight's episode was pretty good.

thelastdisciple
03-31-2014, 12:51 AM
The thing that was taking me out of the episode tonight was the flashbacks, look i love Hershel and it's nice to see him again but enough with what feels like b-sides.......I WANT THE HERE AND THE NOW.

It was starting to feel a bit like LOST where you were more interested in the mystery and goings on with the island than Jack playing spinal surgeon in a flashback. Yes i get it, character development... blah blah blah...

STAHP WASTING TIME, IT'S THE SEASON DAMN FINALE!

Ryan
03-31-2014, 03:28 AM
I loved that scene with Rick!

Pretty anticlimactic ending for the season though.

Conan The Barbarian
03-31-2014, 06:28 AM

They filmed two scenes with each word used. The reason for not saying the word fuck is because of a little company here in the states known as the FCC.

sweeterthan
03-31-2014, 09:06 AM
The thing that was taking me out of the episode tonight was the flashbacks, look i love Hershel and it's nice to see him again but enough with what feels like b-sides.......I WANT THE HERE AND THE NOW.

It was starting to feel a bit like LOST where you were more interested in the mystery and goings on with the island than Jack playing spinal surgeon in a flashback. Yes i get it, character development... blah blah blah...

STAHP WASTING TIME, IT'S THE SEASON DAMN FINALE!

This. I thought it was a great finale and really this is one of the best seasons. But I've thought since season 1 that the writing is inconsistent. From episode to episode, the continuity changes.

Your LOST comparison is right on. The flashbacks last night seemed like it was Carl learning to take care of himself in others ways than using a gun but really it was to bring up the watch's origin.

My theory is with an hour to fill and advertising to sell, AMC makes the show drag these story lines out.

mfte
03-31-2014, 09:41 AM
So the next season is going to take place at Terminus? Cause being locked in a freight car is the perfect for the boring back and forth talking that this show is known for to flourish. AND it would save them money just shooting the season inside a warehouse. DID i mention it will be a perfect breeding ground for boring flashbacks?

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-31-2014, 09:53 AM
They filmed two scenes with each word used. The reason for not saying the word fuck is because of a little company here in the states known as the FCC.

Yeah, yeah. Everybody's favorite. I just wish they'd followed through with it. Or rather, I wish they were ABLE to follow through with it. In my head, I'm thinking of Breaking Bad. They got to say "fuck" a couple of times. Sure, The Walking Dead has a wider audience/age demographic, but saying "fuck" isn't doing anything to anyone watching.

I REALLY hate that the censorship laws in this country basically boil down to "because we said so."

Edit: One bad word is a no-go, but a man ripping out someone's throat WITH HIS TEETH and his son nearly being raped in the street, that's totally fine tho.

skip niklas
03-31-2014, 12:01 PM

FCC guidelines only apply to the free over the air networks. Cable channels aren't bound by the rules, but follow along for ad revenue.

implanted_microchip
03-31-2014, 01:20 PM

The FCC only has any actual control over the major networks -- ABC, CBS, NBC, and some other that I'm forgetting. Technically speaking Cartoon Network could broadcast hardcore porn all day from 9 AM to 6 PM and then play the Saw film series inbetween. The reason they don't is due to the fact that advertisers would drop them, people would get pissed about it and in general it would damage their image.
@Alrea (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=427) : Remember when they had Mike's note with "Fuck" on it digitally fuzzed out on TV? In that exact same season they showed a child getting murdered and 8 guys getting brutally killed, one set on fire and the rest stabbed to death gratuitously.
maryelle : Rick loses his hand in his first encounter with the Governor. In the comics it's Rick and Glen who go find Woodbury originally, and while there the Governor (who is 100x more brutal in the comics) chops off Rick's hand before they escape. Oh, he rapes and tortures Michone as well which is the big reason she wants revenge, and then there's a multi-page torture scene in which she brutalises the Governor which leads to his eyepatch; it's no simple quick accidental fight scene. There's a lot of major differences in terms of plot and pacing and even characters who are and aren't alive between the show and the comics and I heavily recommend checking them out, they're a fantastic read.

jessamineny
03-31-2014, 02:14 PM
FYI: Conan is only repeating what the writer of the episode explained on Talking Dead.

tony.parente
03-31-2014, 03:27 PM
The finale was absolute garbage.

"Hey lets set up the entire second half building up to the question "what is Terminus" and then not explain jack shit and show useless flashbacks half the show."
And I can't wait to wait for 7 months so we can have a full first episode of Carol and friends getting to terminus and then maybe finding out something on episode 2 or 3.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-31-2014, 07:02 PM
@Alrea (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=427) : Remember when they had Mike's note with "Fuck" on it digitally fuzzed out on TV? In that exact same season they showed a child getting murdered and 8 guys getting brutally killed, one set on fire and the rest stabbed to death gratuitously.

It's things like this that make me wonder how The Walking Dead (or Breaking Bad, while I'm at it) would turn out as an HBO show. Don't get me wrong, I think AMC handles it fine, but HBO would be a good outlet to let the show really show its feathers in regards to how dark it COULD be. I feel like it loses a few things as a result of being on cable.

And, ya know, Neegan could be realized in all his evil-asshole glory.

maryelle
04-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Thanks kleiner352 - I knew there was more that went on with Michonne than just a fight but I had no idea about the hand. I really have to get the comics.

Also now that I have logged in, I totally understand Matt's tweet of earlier today.

DigitalChaos
04-01-2014, 10:10 PM
So, twitter user HershelGreen1 (now suspended account) posted this screenshot claiming it was from a deleted scene of the finale.
Huge possible spoiler? I'm confused... http://i.imgur.com/5BYpncM.jpg

This could explain more about what Terminus actually is... or it could be a potential alternative storyline that they didn't follow through with.

edit: higher quality image over here: http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/03/31/the-walking-dead-season-finale-does-this-deleted-scene-hint-at-terminuss-backstory/

DigitalChaos
04-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Also, this is a neat timeline of where everyone was throughout the last half of the season. It's fun to look through, but also handy when rewatching the episodes and seeing the little details that connect between each episode.

http://i.imgur.com/vQnFWrb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vQnFWrb.jpg

Conan The Barbarian
04-02-2014, 08:41 AM
So, twitter user HershelGreen1 (now suspended account) posted this screenshot claiming it was from a deleted scene of the finale.
Huge possible spoiler? I'm confused... http://i.imgur.com/5BYpncM.jpg

This could explain more about what Terminus actually is... or it could be a potential alternative storyline that they didn't follow through with.

edit: higher quality image over here: http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/03/31/the-walking-dead-season-finale-does-this-deleted-scene-hint-at-terminuss-backstory/

Don't see how that can spoilerish at all.

I mean you did see a pile of skinned bones on the ground while the group was being led to their holding car. And you heard other cries of help from other cargo holds that Daryl acknowledged.

I

jessamineny
04-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Wild speculation within...

Maybe the Terminans are cultists and are not only cannibals but also sacrifice people to the walkers they have chained up (sort of a sacrifice to the "gods" to keep walkers away from Terminus). I'd bet the names that are written on the floor of "Church" aren't their fallen loved ones, but are the names of the people they've sacrificed, for their own meals or to the walkers.

Those signs along the train tracks probably aren't enough to keep fresh meat coming in. So maybe the Terminans also have "hunters," who go out and either kidnap people or just convince them to follow them back. And maybe that's what their initial plans were for Rick and the group. Why didn't they just capture Rick and the group right away? Instead they returned their weapons and said since they came in the back door that they'd "fit right in here."

Maybe some of the strongest who arrive become hunters. If they don't want to do it, maybe their loved ones are held hostage at Terminus and their lives are threatened if the "hunters" don't bring back fresh meat. I think back to the group that Tyreese encountered on the train tracks, where all but one was killed by the walkers. The survivor was distraught and dying, but made sure to tell the strangers to follow the tracks to sanctuary. Perhaps he was a hunter, and wasn't distraught because his loved ones had been killed by walkers -- but because his loved ones back at Terminus would be killed when he didn't bring any fresh meat back.

Conan The Barbarian
04-02-2014, 09:59 AM
That's a pretty neat idea.

implanted_microchip
04-02-2014, 02:59 PM

Maybe the Terminans are cultists and are not only cannibals but also sacrifice people to the walkers they have chained up (sort of a sacrifice to the "gods" to keep walkers away from Terminus). I'd bet the names that are written on the floor of "Church" aren't their fallen loved ones, but are the names of the people they've sacrificed, for their own meals or to the walkers.

Those signs along the train tracks probably aren't enough to keep fresh meat coming in. So maybe the Terminans also have "hunters," who go out and either kidnap people or just convince them to follow them back. And maybe that's what their initial plans were for Rick and the group. Why didn't they just capture Rick and the group right away? Instead they returned their weapons and said since they came in the back door that they'd "fit right in here."

Maybe some of the strongest who arrive become hunters. If they don't want to do it, maybe their loved ones are held hostage at Terminus and their lives are threatened if the "hunters" don't bring back fresh meat. I think back to the group that Tyreese encountered on the train tracks, where all but one was killed by the walkers. The survivor was distraught and dying, but made sure to tell the strangers to follow the tracks to sanctuary. Perhaps he was a hunter, and wasn't distraught because his loved ones had been killed by walkers -- but because his loved ones back at Terminus would be killed when he didn't bring any fresh meat back.

This is too intelligent and intricate for this show

maryelle
04-02-2014, 04:58 PM
I'd bet the names that are written on the floor of "Church" aren't their fallen loved ones, but are the names of the people they've sacrificed, for their own meals or to the walkers.

That's totally what I thought. The writing on the walls said "Never forget" and "Never trust" - i.e., never forget these people but also never trust - they did and look what happened.

Also I think they are the ones who took Beth. My sister thought one of the cars inside the compound is the same one she was in. I didn't notice myself.

jessamineny
04-02-2014, 05:21 PM
I looked for that car (wasn't it a hearse?) but didn't see it.

More wild speculation:

I don't think Beth is at Terminus. I think it will be Beth who comes to Terminus to help save people. Remember that flashback to the prison, where they're beginning to dig up the yard and Carl's hat falls off? Rick puts it on Beth and says, "There's a new sheriff in town."

I also don't think Carol, Tyreese and Judith are at Terminus. I actually think that the scenes in the last several episodes of Season 4 weren't happening in the same time period. I think the smoke that Carol, the girls and Tyreese were seeing for days off in the distance was Terminus burning down, after Rick and the crew finally overtook the sanctuary and torched it. I think the burned zombies that came out of the woods were Terminans. One of them bears a striking resemblance to Gareth. (http://imgur.com/a/V6bl0)

Zipfinator
04-02-2014, 07:41 PM
This is a very intriguing observation, and makes a shitload of sense.

I thought it was already discussed that the fire they saw was the house Beth and Darryl burned down in the previous episode most likely?

jessamineny
04-02-2014, 08:03 PM
I thought it was already discussed that the fire they saw was the house Beth and Darryl burned down in the previous episode most likely?

Discussed by whom? Someone official?

Seemed like there was way too much smoke and that it burned too long to be something as small as a cabin. And a bunch of walkers wouldn't have been burned to a crisp by it. (And why make it such a recurring point in the storyline unless it was important foreshadowing?)

DigitalChaos
04-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Don't see how that can spoilerish at all.

I mean you did see a pile of skinned bones on the ground while the group was being led to their holding car. And you heard other cries of help from other cargo holds that Daryl acknowledged.

I
Yea, but the screenshot shows them feeding it to motherfucking walkers!

I like this! The only issues is the "feed the walkers" theme of both herschel's barn and the governor's daughter is going to be a bit overused.

Some additional possibilities:

the "those who arrive survive" sign might connect if they somehow see walkers as a form of eternal life.

or perhaps there is some form of walker domestication going on? There were a lot of flashbacks and miscellaneous scenes in the final episode that allude to obvious events that happened later (funneling animals into a snare, etc). Some of them didn't have an obvious connection so there is some implication there. Herschel talking about domesticating pigs for instance.

DigitalChaos
04-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Also, Kirkman has stated that Gareth is based on someone from the Comics.

Conan The Barbarian
05-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Well as you now know the show is different then the books. I say keep watching to catch all the comic sides of the show. Its why I still watch.

implanted_microchip
05-01-2014, 10:26 AM
The comics really are a whole different beast, and way higher in quality, so congrats NYRexall for taking the plunge! They're one of the best zombie stories I've ever seen/read in general, and it really does make the whole show seem significantly lower in quality -- simply because the source material is so rich that it's very hard to excuse the things they've ignored/passed up and replaced with really disappointing episodes/arcs. But, the books definitely make me appreciate Andrew Lincoln's acting as Rick quite a bit; the guy just nails what I imagine him being like.

Ryan
05-22-2014, 10:18 PM
Hurry up and come back on air, TV series!

Millionaire
05-22-2014, 11:00 PM
Just started reading the comics to see what all the fuss was about, and yep, they're a lot better. The show pales in comparison.

blackholesun
05-23-2014, 03:53 PM
I think the Walking Dead (TV show) would have been better on a channel like HBO or Showtime. For some reason it really bothers me that they can show all this violence and not say "fuck". I did start the comics recently as well, and they are so much better than the show. I still enjoy...well, mostly enjoy the show.

sweeterthan
05-24-2014, 07:56 AM
The Terminus set is only a couple miles from my house. They were filming there a few weeks ago.

Ryan
05-28-2014, 09:40 PM
The Terminus set is only a couple miles from my house. They were filming there a few weeks ago.

Did you get Carl's hat and shred it to pieces for me?

Space Suicide
05-30-2014, 05:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0UPeOBosKU

Ryan
06-10-2014, 12:28 AM
http://www.hypable.com/2014/06/09/walking-dead-series-plans-12-seasons/

‘The Walking Dead’ currently has plans for a whopping 12 seasons (http://www.hypable.com/2014/06/09/walking-dead-series-plans-12-seasons/)

http://static2.hypable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/walking-dead-season-4-rick.jpg

Share on (http://www.tumblr.com/share/link?url=http://www.hypable.com/2014/06/09/walking-dead-series-plans-12-seasons/&name=)

The Walking Dead producer David Alpert says that the series has plans for at least seven more seasons.

Speaking on a panel over the weekend, Alpert revealed that AMC’s wildly successful zombie drama could last a very long time if the viewers stick around.

“I happen to love working from source material, specifically because we have a pretty good idea of what season 10 is gonna be,” he said in comments published by Indiewire (http://www.indiewire.com/article/television/the-walking-dead-could-run-for-12-seasons-5-more-things-we-learned-from-producers-at-sundays-pga-panel?utm_campaign=Wildfire+Message+-+THE+WALKING+DEAD+has+a+plan+through+Season+12...&utm_content=po_1170014&utm_). “We know where season 11 and 12…we have benchmarks and milestones for those seasons if we’re lucky enough to get there.”

The comments were made when an attendee asked Alpert if he enjoys working from source material, referring to The Walking Dead comic series by Robert Kirkman on which the show is based.

With close to 130 issues in print, it’s no surprise that The Walking Dead could have a long lifespan. The surprise is that this amount of material is already mapped out, according to these new comments.

If all 12 seasons see the light of day, The Walking Dead will become AMC’s longest-running drama. Their current longest is Mad Men, which will air the second half of its seventh and final season next year.

AMC is also planning a Walking Dead spinoff, which is slated to premiere in 2015. The new series will be produced by the original show’s team: Kirkman, Albert, and Gale Anne Hurd. While information about the new series is still under wraps, one report suggests that it will be a prequel (http://www.hypable.com/2013/11/15/the-walking-dead-spinoff-may-be-a-prequel-wont-be-set-in-georgia/) with new characters and set in an entirely different area of the United States.

The Walking Dead risks losing viewers if there are one too many seasons of the show. Do you think the series can last through the year 2022 and still hold your interest?

Millionaire
06-10-2014, 09:02 AM
I don't see myself sticking with it that long. I mean, Jesus, thats a long time. Who knows, I could be so swamped by kids, bills, and taxes by then to care. Maybe I could if the writing improves. There were times when the show was meandering this season that I felt like turning it off. Also, I'm getting zombie fatigue with zombies becoming a very ubiquitous presence in a lot of different media in the last decade or so. I don't blame them, though, for wanting to keep the show going that long, with the amount of green they're getting.

A spinoff sounds intriguing. Some new blood wouldn't be a bad thing. I would like to see it in LA, like 28 Days Later with chaos tearing up Burbank and Downtown. Living here, when you get stuck in traffic on the 405 sometimes you just want to see society hit the reset button and go primal.

TheyCallMeDrug
06-10-2014, 03:51 PM
i think unless they do something egregious with the series they'll always have an audience. i would like to see the spin off do well and spice things up a bit.

Space Suicide
07-04-2014, 01:38 PM
For anyone interested, AMC is running the "Dead White & Blue" marathon all weekend long. Every episode of the show shown entirely in a big multi-day block

october_midnight
07-25-2014, 02:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4GAs9TJVjM

virushopper
07-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Is it me or did they show too much?

october_midnight
07-25-2014, 03:59 PM
There's one quick flash scene in particular that made me go 'w-wait...isn't that?....' but who knows lol.

Ryan
07-27-2014, 10:10 PM
There's one quick flash scene in particular that made me go 'w-wait...isn't that?....' but who knows lol.

Who?

Did you mean Beth at the end? Bear in mind I haven't read the comics.

october_midnight
07-27-2014, 10:39 PM
It was more of a 'what' than a 'who'...if you haven't read the comics, then it'd be a massive spoiler...if you have, it could have been the big event from issue #100

Reaps
08-13-2014, 06:08 AM
Always found it odd that it's considered a family show hence the no swearing policy yet the OTT violence remains. For example, if they kept this ending to last season below i'd be happier..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oORtfqsRIjw

bobbie solo
08-13-2014, 11:11 PM
Somebody in this thread...I can't remember who and I'm too lazy to trawl through the thread to find out...made a comment that the comics were WAY better than the show, to the point of the show being almost comedic in comparison.

I had long been trying to kick myself in the ass to read the comics and decided after reading that person's post that I was going to check them out. I ordered all 20 current volumes of the collected comics about 10 days ago.

that would be me! glad you did it.

DigitalChaos
08-28-2014, 01:37 PM
So, anyone read the last comic? The letter hacks section had some interesting commentary about Daryl possibly being gay. It was actually pretty interesting and I could really see it unfolding.

I'll get a copy of it posted if anyone is interested.

edit: here it is.
if ETS shrinks this to unreadable size for you, try going here http://imgur.com/U0tWjNi or here http://i.imgur.com/U0tWjNi.png
http://i.imgur.com/U0tWjNi.png

bobbie solo
09-10-2014, 04:51 PM
well, it's official. They're going to butcher Negan just like they did The Governor. Cani't wait to see a PG-13 Negan....ugh. This fucking show...part of me wishes I didn't love the comic so much, so I wouldn't feel compelled to keep watching a show that pisses me off so much year after year.

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2014/09/dispatches-from-the-set-executive-producer-david-alpert-on-season-5/

Q: What one element from the show do you wish was in the comic?
A: It’s more like things in the comic that I can’t wait to get to. I cannot wait until we introduce Negan. He is just like the coolest f—ing character on the planet. You thought the Governor was bad news?
Q: Negan’s worse?
A: [Laughs] Man, wait until you meet Negan! He’s one of the greatest villains ever created. It’s so exciting.

Hazekiah
09-10-2014, 06:47 PM
So, anyone read the last comic? The letter hacks section had some interesting commentary about Daryl possibly being gay. It was actually pretty interesting and I could really see it unfolding.

Thanks, that IS really interesting! I only get the TPBs of the comic so I miss out on all the letter page juiciness. And I haven't caught up in a while so there was a bit of a spoiler about Jesus in there but w/e.

My only real disappointment there is that I missed a couple of the first few episodes from last season and I TOTALLY thought from the commercials that Daryl and Beth fucked like rabbits in a field of tall grass or an abandoned apartment or something.

I was realllllly looking forward to that.

</3

miss k bee
09-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Just watching season 4 over here and wow episode 14, did not see that coming at all where the little girl kills her sister

Findus
09-26-2014, 01:36 AM
http://youtu.be/-6BsMzc9mMs

Ryan
10-02-2014, 12:21 AM
Reception Brian Lowry of Variety (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variety_%28magazine%29) gave the fifth season premiere a positive review, saying "After the (rather too) long and winding road to Terminus, “The Walking Dead” opens its fifth season in spectacular fashion, a dazzling adrenaline rush filled with suspense, righteous violence and, before it’s all over, genuine emotion. Imbued with cinematic touches, the only downside to this breathtaking episode is pondering what the creative brain trust can do for an encore. Still, AMC’s megahit finds itself in a very good place, from the current makeup of its ever-evolving cast to the latitude it has earned to take unexpected detours. Given the hype surrounding the series, it’s still impressive to see the producers deliver such a feast."[16] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_%28season_5%29#cite_note-16)

Space Suicide
10-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Season 5 premiere tonight, alas cannot watch it since I've only watched season one (LUL).

Fan created intro is good though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7-5ctIIPuU

jessamineny
10-12-2014, 12:44 PM
First four minutes of the episode are on AMC's site (http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-first-4-minutes-of-season-5-the-walking-dead).

Edit: and yesterday's ComicCon panel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg1gS_TybFU)

redshoewearer
10-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Great beginning to the season! I love how badass the women are in this show.

thelastdisciple
10-13-2014, 01:10 AM
morgan fucking jones!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan
10-13-2014, 01:42 AM
Tyreese ftw.

ghostaustin
10-13-2014, 08:37 AM
Tyreese ftw.
"I won't do it!" as he's totally doing it

Ryan
10-13-2014, 09:19 AM
"I won't do it!" as he's totally doing it

That reminded me of the scene when the Governor killed Martinez and was all "I DON'T WANT IT!"

implanted_microchip
10-13-2014, 11:10 AM
As usual I have a dozen and a half issues with the actual episode, but then they tease just enough that I recognize from the comics that makes me say "Oh, that's got to make it so much better!" and now I'm roped in to the next episode. I really should've learned by now but oh well.

The amount of convenient things that just so happened to all work out at the same time and help everyone really went beyond believability for me, but whatever, nothing new there.

Apparently Tyreese and Carol don't know how to tie a person up.

sweeterthan
10-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Haha! But Carol can make a massive explosion happen with just one shot and a bottle rocket.

I cannot handle Judith being under threat. It's gut wrenching to the point I almost can't watch.

DigitalChaos
10-13-2014, 12:36 PM
I was wondering wtf was with the crazy dude they let out...
http://i.imgur.com/n9r5F08.jpg

miss k bee
10-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Carol is so badass!!

DigitalChaos
10-13-2014, 09:20 PM
Crazy rape dude is very Negan but I really hope they weren't actually trying to do Negan. Negan was opposed to raping anyway.

mfte
10-13-2014, 10:27 PM
I usually hate on this show but this episode was pretty great. If they could somehow keep the momentum going for the rest of the season. I guess that for at least a few episodes we will get some terminus flashbacks... might as well since this might break up the boring parts of people staring at things and searching houses with flashlights.

decadent
10-14-2014, 02:37 AM
Great episode! For me it felt more like a finale than a start as a lot of things came together and everything was so intense. Hope they can keep up the tense atmosphere during the whole season.

Khrz
10-14-2014, 03:06 AM
Crazy rape dude is very Negan but I really hope they weren't actually trying to do Negan. Negan was opposed to raping anyway.

Yeah I don't think so, they wouldn't introduce him like that. The actor would have been perfect indeed, but the character is completely off, unless they're revamping Negan big time it has nothing to do with him.

Some people believe we may have had a last glimpse of Andrea's eventual demise in the premiere. (http://i.imgur.com/Z9ZObAY.jpg) Don't really know how I feel about that, but the clothes are similar, the undead had shackles, and it's not like they have crossed the entire continent, from what I gather they're mostly spiralling around, so I guess it's not impossible... If so, hell, that's a sad nod...

Ryan
10-20-2014, 05:10 AM
Love me some Bob leg!

Jan
10-20-2014, 08:29 AM
Love me some Bob leg!
Too soon......ugh

With Bob being so "happy in love" I new his number was up.

sweeterthan
10-20-2014, 09:38 AM
Too soon......ugh

With Bob being so "happy in love" I new his number was up.

Twitter was full of shishkabob and bob bq last night. But yeah all the kissing meant he was trouble.

Millionaire
10-20-2014, 11:44 AM
First two episodes have been solid so far. The show was starting to lose me last season, but seems to be bringing it this time.

They should've fed Bob some of his leg, and then showed him what it was after he ate up.

Conan The Barbarian
10-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Why was Bob so sad? For a bit I thought he got bit by that walker in the water.

Khrz
10-20-2014, 01:27 PM
That's probably what happened, and why he decided to leave the group.

Aaand that would also make sense in the context of the show narrative, and how it intertwines with the comic's evolution

implanted_microchip
10-20-2014, 02:26 PM
That's probably what happened, and why he decided to leave the group.

Aaand that would also make sense in the context of the show narrative, and how it intertwines with the comic's evolution

Yep, I'm so hoping for Bob to deliver the "TAINTED MEAT!" line.

Conan The Barbarian
10-20-2014, 06:19 PM
But they are all infected already. Then virus doesn't kick in until after the person is dead.

Zipfinator
10-20-2014, 09:06 PM
But they are all infected already. Then virus doesn't kick in until after the person is dead.

It's not about the infection that turns you until your dead. It's about the infection that kills you. That one character went through it in Season 1 and they were able to cut the infection from spreading by cutting off Hershel's leg. It might be too early for it to be transferred like that and they probably aren't even sure if it would at all, but would you risk it?

mfte
10-21-2014, 10:11 AM
It's not about the infection that turns you until your dead. It's about the infection that kills you. That one character went through it in Season 1 and they were able to cut the infection from spreading by cutting off Hershel's leg. It might be too early for it to be transferred like that and they probably aren't even sure if it would at all, but would you risk it?

Second episode was good too. Pleasant surprises continue.

Fear the Hunters! I can't wait to see how they handle the showdown.

Ryan
10-26-2014, 06:51 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/glenn-danzig-talks-2014-housecore-horror-fest-and-new-music-plans-for-2015

Glenn Danzig talks 2014 Housecore Horror Fest, and new music plans for 2015

[...]

He’s also a big fan of "The Walking Dead (http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead)" and has written a song to be used on a future episode and soundtrack. He even hinted he may appear on wrap-up show “The Talking Dead.”

Ryan
10-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Yep, I'm so hoping for Bob to deliver the "TAINTED MEAT!" line.

Well, you were right.

Though, I don't understand this. There wasn't much shocking going on this episode... I didn't think, anyway, compared to the usual.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/10/26/the-walking-dead-andrew-lincoln-interview-episode-3-brutal-violent/

‘The Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln ‘Worried’ About Episode 3’s Brutality

implanted_microchip
10-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Well this show is finally as good as I've been wanting it to be and I'm so scared it's going to nose dive any minute because it's not been this great and faithful to the source material while still adding extra content that builds off of the comics since, well, ever.

bobbie solo
10-27-2014, 02:35 AM
Well this show is finally as good as I've been wanting it to be and I'm so scared it's going to nose dive any minute because it's not been this great and faithful to the source material while still adding extra content that builds off of the comics since, well, ever.

+1000000

my sentiments exactly. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, unlike Abraham.

Your Name Here
10-27-2014, 11:36 AM

r_k_f
10-27-2014, 03:51 PM
Though, I don't understand this. There wasn't much shocking going on this episode... I didn't think, anyway, compared to the usual.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/10/26/the-walking-dead-andrew-lincoln-interview-episode-3-brutal-violent/

‘The Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln ‘Worried’ About Episode 3’s Brutality

That scene was pretty brutal man... Especially with it coming from the "good guys"..

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Another good episode... Not as up to par as the previous but still pretty gruesome. One thing I don't understand (Correct me if I missed something) is no one seems to care about what happened to Beth? In the coming attractions for the next episode it seems Daryl is explaining briefly what happened to her. Is that from a past episode? I just feel they would be a bit more worried about what happened to one of their own.

themethatyouknow
10-27-2014, 10:10 PM
Another good episode... Not as up to par as the previous but still pretty gruesome. One thing I don't understand (Correct me if I missed something) is no one seems to care about what happened to Beth? In the coming attractions for the next episode it seems Daryl is explaining briefly what happened to her. Is that from a past episode? I just feel they would be a bit more worried about what happened to one of their own.

Well, you have to remember that aside from Daryl, none of the group has seen Beth since the prison. They lost a lot of people at, or after the prison so Beth would kind of just be another lost friend in an ever growing list. It's much the same as how no one really talks about the two girls other than Carol and Tyrese. It does seem a little strange that Maggie isn't more concerned though.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-28-2014, 06:00 PM
Well, you have to remember that aside from Daryl, none of the group has seen Beth since the prison. They lost a lot of people at, or after the prison so Beth would kind of just be another lost friend in an ever growing list. It's much the same as how no one really talks about the two girls other than Carol and Tyrese. It does seem a little strange that Maggie isn't more concerned though.

For me, yea Beth is another lost friend, but she played more of a pivotal part in the show than many others. But with Maggie... and the fact that Daryl was with her for as long as the others were with each other, Beth getting taken away in a specific car and not being talked about more just strikes me odd.

Ryan
10-29-2014, 07:39 AM
They're secretly glad she isn't there so no more of her singing.

Ryan
11-02-2014, 10:16 PM
So glad she didn't sing, even though she brought it up.

DigitalChaos
11-02-2014, 11:58 PM
Man, who is this dipshit on Talking Dead that is tying his political views into the show? I'm cringing so fucking hard.
Slash was a shitty guest, but this guy is worse.

- "Dawn is a lot like Sarah Palin"
- "the whole 'you are with us or the enemy' is such a Republican thing and that's really gross"
- Chris Hardwick tells him to STFU with politics
- "the part where everyone is required to contributed, because not everyone voluntarily will, is kind of a good thing!"
- lady next to him points out how that is *literally* indentured slavery

mfte
11-03-2014, 08:03 AM
I knew that the first few episodes were too good to be true and that the momentum would stop sooner or later.

What the hell was that?

I guess Darrel rescues Beth and Carol and bring them back to the church along with Everybody hates Chris?

sweeterthan
11-03-2014, 10:23 AM
I loved the episode. Not because of Beth but because of the return to ATL. Grady hospital and the High museum are big parts of my fair city. Tho they are miles apart. Not sure how you could get a big painting like that from the high to grady with no damage as they are miles apart. Maybe he used one of the cars they have.

The skyline shot they used had the marriott marquis in it. That's where they have dragon con and just a few weeks ago, a walking dead themed convention.

I'll never be able to go to grady again without thinking of the elevator shaft body dump.

DigitalChaos
11-03-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm not sure why people dislike that episode. it was great! The only thing I disliked is that Noah instantly spills all his plans to Beth without knowing anything about her.

As for what happens next, i think it's clear that Noah is the one hiding with Daryl at the very end of last week's episode. I'm wondering if Carol is going in there intentionally to tear shit up.

DigitalChaos
11-03-2014, 09:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zqte7tq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NdlPiwC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/57s1Nuh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tELNWJA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dDSV1RH.png

http://i.imgur.com/aMjeSxk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aruWuCD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7BPIb68.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/f2z8Ppd.jpg

DigitalChaos
11-03-2014, 09:10 PM
.......WAT?

http://i.imgur.com/IJ8jW5L.jpg

Ryan
11-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Well crikey.

implanted_microchip
11-03-2014, 09:28 PM
I just love that they chose to drag this out into multiple episodes, meaning we can expect to get back into the groove of the main plot only to then have a whole other episode that breaks up the flow. Oh, and after a whole half season of the group being split up, we got 3 episodes of the group reunited only to have it get split up again.

tony.parente
11-04-2014, 12:27 AM
I just love that they chose to drag this out into multiple episodes, meaning we can expect to get back into the groove of the main plot only to then have a whole other episode that breaks up the flow. Oh, and after a whole half season of the group being split up, we got 3 episodes of the group reunited only to have it get split up again.

I don't know, this season has been ON POINT so far and I think it's made up for that last abortion of a season 10 fold IMO

Ryan
11-04-2014, 12:31 AM
last abortion of a season 10 fold IMO

Your way with words sends a tingle to my heart.

tony.parente
11-04-2014, 01:17 AM
Your way with words sends a tingle to my heart.

U want sum fukk?

Michalrose
11-04-2014, 04:50 AM
I knew that the first few episodes were too good to be true and that the momentum would stop sooner or later.

What the hell was that?

I guess Darrel rescues Beth and Carol and bring them back to the church along with Everybody hates Chris?

Hopefully it won't be this predictable. So far I have found the show to be consistently surprising. Also, Darrel looked upset but who knows! Maybe we'll find out this Sunday. I thought it was a good episode, just a departure from we have seen so far this season.

Michalrose
11-04-2014, 05:05 AM
I loved the episode. Not because of Beth but because of the return to ATL. Grady hospital and the High museum are big parts of my fair city. Tho they are miles apart. Not sure how you could get a big painting like that from the high to grady with no damage as they are miles apart. Maybe he used one of the cars they have.

The skyline shot they used had the marriott marquis in it. That's where they have dragon con and just a few weeks ago, a walking dead themed convention.

I'll never be able to go to grady again without thinking of the elevator shaft body dump.

That big painting, the Caravaggio, would have been in a massive carved gilt frame too so yeah, how the heck was that transported. Obviously it was taken out of the frame although my sister pointed out it was in a skinny little frame which would not be representative of the Renaissance period. I did find it interesting though that the guy even had the painting and his comment about art being meaningless in the new world they were living in...something like that.

Ryan
11-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Silly Eugene.

Exocet
11-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Ive only just stared watching this. Some of the scenes really really make me want to be fucking sick, violently sick, some of the rotting corpses, mutilations etc are so disgusting.
But yeah i like this show, especially when its faster paced and gets to the point. I liked the comics too, this is a very good adaption. I never really like comic book adaptions (have found every alan moore adaptation an abomination).. but i really like this. Andrew Lincoln is a favourite of mine.
This weirdly reminds me of Lost the series, but much better, much much darker more direct without all the stupid pointless questions and digging itself holes.
Im up to season 4.

Hazekiah
11-16-2014, 09:17 PM
I know everyone's SERIOUSLY getting sick of this series suddenly ditching its show-runners as soon as they hit their strides, often mid-season no less...but I've just caught up on the new season this past week and OMFG I'm LOVING whoever the hell this new guy is.

Really, the flashbackward/flashforward structure has been WAY amped-up lately and the Eugene/Abraham episode and the Daryl/Carrol episode are HANDS-DOWN two of my favorite episodes from this show so far. Fucking AWESOME ideas almost PERFECTLY executed.

I am SUPER psyched for whatever comes next! Especially assuming they'll hold onto this new creative-director (or w/e) guy long enough for him to see whatever he has in mind through to the end for a change, lol.

And ZOMFG, this show not only has Walter White's Blue Sky meth from "Breaking Bad" but ALSO motherfucking MORLEY cigarettes from "The X-Files," ffs!!!

:D :D :D

http://i.imgur.com/U0tWjNi.png

OMFG, Carol took the TOP bunk with the BLUE sheets and told Daryl to take the BOTTOM bunk with the PINK sheets because "it suits you better," lolololololol.

Just sayin'!

;)

Ryan
11-16-2014, 11:35 PM
I dunno, I liked tonight's episode but I kept on saying "Come on, something interesting happen, please!" ... and it did within the last 5 minutes.

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-16-2014, 11:38 PM
I said it before, I'll say it again - I thoroughly enjoy it when Talking Dead has guests that actually watch the show and know what they're talking about.

Also - Daryl and Carol are neeever gonna happen. And I feel like I might know exactly why, but I could be wrong.

Ryan
11-16-2014, 11:44 PM
I said it before, I'll say it again - I thoroughly enjoy it when Talking Dead has guests that actually watch the show and know what they're talking about.

Also - Daryl and Carol are neeever gonna happen. And I feel like I might know exactly why, but I could be wrong.

She bats for the other team?

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-16-2014, 11:47 PM
She bats for the other team?

I think HE bats for the other team.

Ryan
11-16-2014, 11:52 PM

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-28553-Steve-Jobs-mind-blown-gif-HD-T-pVbd.gif

Jan
11-17-2014, 07:59 AM

I have had the same though for quite a while! Glad I'm not the only one!

Reznor2112
11-17-2014, 08:57 AM
I have had the same though for quite a while! Glad I'm not the only one!

(EDIT)And why make it seem like Daryl and Beth may end up together…which I'm hoping for.

Also, I love this season but damn…its so goddamn slow. This whole let focus on on one character per episode is getting old. intercut the shit and make it a little faster and engaging rather than giving viewers 45 mins of slop only to give em some drama at the end of each episode.

Jan
11-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Hmmm... I find that disappointing and I'm not sure why!! I don't read the comic books or even watch the Talking Dead anymore. It was so hit and miss for me. Sometimes insightful and sometimes a train wreak. So if Kirkman came out and said that, other people must have been questioning it too. Interesting. And thanks for the info.

jessamineny
11-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Kirkman came out (no pun intended) and said Daryl is NOT gay.

I haven't seen that. Link?

Reznor2112
11-17-2014, 11:50 AM
I haven't seen that. Link?

Sorry i COMPLETELY misread that article. It stated that Kirkman said "Daryl COULD be gay."

My bad.

Hazekiah
11-17-2014, 01:37 PM
I was honestly starting to wonder if I was the ONLY person who'd actually read any of this thread, lol.

Ryan
11-24-2014, 05:57 AM
I knew that cop would pull something like that at the end.

ghostaustin
11-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Sasha totally deserved that...

mfte
11-24-2014, 12:05 PM
This was mostly a boring/lame episode. I was pretty impressed with this season up until now. Hopefully they can do something good again for the mid season finale.

"Hey man let me ask you something. The way you talk and the way you carry yourself. Were you a cop?"

COMMON!

jessamineny
11-24-2014, 12:38 PM
The holy man got a nail in his foot. Ohhhhh, clever writers. o_0

implanted_microchip
11-24-2014, 01:50 PM
I enjoyed this one a whole lot more than the three before it (the Abraham-centric one was decent actually) but it just made me more annoyed with the past few and the second half of season 4, which is that they finally showed that they can make a functioning and decent episode bounce between the disparate groups without taking three weeks to show us each group separately. If all of S4 had been done like that I'd've had very few issues at all, and it makes it feel like there was no reason for the Beth and Daryl/Carol episodes to be two separate ones instead of trimmed down into one compact episode.

Ryan
11-24-2014, 02:50 PM
I had a weird feeling Glenn would get it on with Rosita for some reason.

miss k bee
11-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Apparently next week's episode is heartbreaking

Millionaire
11-26-2014, 06:41 AM
One thing is certain about this show: Stay moving and avoid communities like the plague. They either eventually get attacked by humans and overrun by zombies, or theres some psycho leader who is doing something weird like cannibalism or not letting you leave.

mfte
11-26-2014, 12:38 PM
Everyday more and more young Carl is becoming Rick's right hand man. wink wink

Ryan
11-27-2014, 07:14 AM
Apparently next week's episode is heartbreaking

I'm gonna guess Carol dies.

jessamineny
11-27-2014, 08:21 AM
After seeing how weepy and emotional she got at ComicCon, I don't doubt it.

Fifey
11-30-2014, 10:04 PM
Re: Tonight-

Good. It's about time.

DigitalChaos
12-01-2014, 01:15 AM
Going back to my post about Daryl possibly being gay... Kirkman just confirmed (on Talking Dead) that he is straight. However, they will be introducing a prominent gay character soon. I'm wondering if it is going to be the one from the comic who pissed off a bunch of Christians simply for his name.

tony.parente
12-01-2014, 01:33 AM
Going back to my post about Daryl possibly being gay... Kirkman just confirmed (on Talking Dead) that he is straight. However, they will be introducing a prominent gay character soon. I'm wondering if it is going to be the one from the comic who pissed off a bunch of Christians simply for his name.

I seriously assumed Eugene was gay.

Also god DAMMIT I wish it was Carol instead of Beth

Ryan
12-01-2014, 05:05 AM
I was happy with either of them to go. Also happy for Sasha and Tyreese to kick the bucket.

but mostly Glenn.

jessamineny
12-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Talking Dead was more heartbreaking than the actual show :(

sweeterthan
12-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Talking Dead was more heartbreaking than the actual show :(

I know. She was so sweet crying like that. Poor girl. I can't believe she didn't know until the episode before what would happen.

Tho when they showed Maggie, I cried. That girl can fake cry.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-01-2014, 08:38 PM
For real. That was...maybe the only death in the series that has made me actually well up a tear. Man. :( Now I need to find Talking Dead EVEN MORE -

(For those like myself that haven't seen Talking Dead yet)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/01/the-walking-dead-robert-kirkman-clarifies-daryl-dixons-sexual-orientation?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Ryan
12-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Post-credits scene with Morgan again ftw. It's on YouTube if you missed it. He finds Abraham's message to Rick about being a dick and sayin the future needs Rick Grimes.

DigitalChaos
12-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Now I need to find Talking Dead EVEN MORE

Depending on what ISP you have, you can legitimately watch them here:
http://www.amctv.com/full-episodes/talking-dead

Alternately, this is one of those shows that I feel safe downloading from public trackers like thepiratebay because I doubt anyone is going to be enforcing copyright on it.

zaps30
12-02-2014, 07:11 AM

I assumed it was one of the 2 recruiters...

jessamineny
12-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Depending on what ISP you have, you can legitimately watch them here:
http://www.amctv.com/full-episodes/talking-dead

"To watch full episodes, you must have a cable provider that supports AMC's full episode service and you must have AMC as part of your cable package." :(

Ryan
12-04-2014, 05:56 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/the-walking-dead-spinoff-harry-potter-actor-frank-dillane-confirmed-for-amc-show-cobalt-9899670.html

Companion series In September 2013, AMC announced they were developing a companion series to The Walking Dead, which will follow a different set of characters created by Robert Kirkman.[66] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_%28TV_series%29#cite_note-66) In September 2014, AMC ordered a pilot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_pilot) to go into production in late 2014, which was written by Kirkman and Dave Erickson. It will be executive produced by Kirkman, Erickson, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert, with Erickson to serve as showrunner (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showrunner).[67] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_%28TV_series%29#cite_note-67) On December 1, 2014, it was confirmed the untitled Walking Dead spinoff, aka Cobalt, would take place during the same zombie apocalypse depicted on The Walking Dead but in a different location. It revolves around a male divorced teacher and a female guidance counselor. Frank Dillane (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Dillane) will play the woman's son who has a battling drug problem and Alycia Debnam-Carey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alycia_Debnam-Carey) will play the woman's daughter.[68] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_%28TV_series%29#cite_note-68) On December 4, it was announced that Cliff Curtis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Curtis) had been cast in the lead role.[69] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_%28TV_series%29#cite_note-69)[70] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_%28TV_series%29#cite_note-70)

Maul
12-06-2014, 04:22 AM
After having to force myself to watch several episodes from season 2 and 3, I'm beginning to enjoy this show again. I'm really satisfied with this season so far. Really good character development and the zombies get more and more gruesome and scary. Also, some of the female characters are moving away from the damsel in distress role and started to kick a lot of ass.
Also, Beth... :(

Space Suicide
12-14-2014, 04:14 PM
http://nationalreport.net/amcs-walking-dead-agrees-bring-beth-greene-back-life/

People are fucking retarded.

If I had made petitions for when favorite characters on shows I watched died or left, It'd be a mile long. It's part of the story. Grow up. I will seriously lose respect for the writing staff if they cripple their story ideas to appease "fans" who want to cry over bullshit.

I know the website is a hoax but if they even entertain the very idea of it...

DigitalChaos
12-14-2014, 04:41 PM
That petition sums of the incoherent entitlement that seems to be growing in our culture. Like... WTF.

Kirkman loves this shit though. The anger means he is doing it right.

implanted_microchip
12-14-2014, 05:21 PM
It's one thing to bring back someone who had an ambiguous death, like being left behind for a horde of walkers, or shot in the stomach or something, but when you see a character's head explode and their lifeless body being carted out, I think the verdict is pretty damn clear. There's not a single way they could bring someone back from that and it not be flashbacks without feeling cheap and and hoaky and lessening the impact of any subsequent character death, because we'd always be waiting for them to just come back.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-14-2014, 07:21 PM
http://nationalreport.net/amcs-walking-dead-agrees-bring-beth-greene-back-life/

People are fucking retarded.

Just wait and see how insane people will go if/when Daryl dies somewhere down the line.

DigitalChaos
12-14-2014, 08:38 PM
It's one thing to bring back someone who had an ambiguous death, like being left behind for a horde of walkers, or shot in the stomach or something, but when you see a character's head explode and their lifeless body being carted out, I think the verdict is pretty damn clear. There's not a single way they could bring someone back from that and it not be flashbacks without feeling cheap and and hoaky and lessening the impact of any subsequent character death, because we'd always be waiting for them to just come back.

They could always pull a Laurie. Ghost of Beth haunting Daryl or something.

DigitalChaos
12-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Just wait and see how insane people will go if/when Daryl dies somewhere down the line.

I hope Kirkman has the balls to compound it by giving him a death beats the bar set by comic book Glenn's death.
It would be so sadistic but can you imagine how bad people would react?

implanted_microchip
12-14-2014, 08:53 PM
They could always pull a Laurie. Ghost of Beth haunting Daryl or something.
I can't think of a less interesting episode

Hazekiah
12-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Dead or not, I'd TOTALLY still hit it.

valiantsteed
12-15-2014, 09:28 AM
I hope Kirkman has the balls to compound it by giving him a death beats the bar set by comic book Glenn's death.
It would be so sadistic but can you imagine how bad people would react?

As someone who plans to read the comics once the series is finished, can we please avoid spoilers for the comics for fucks sake?

implanted_microchip
12-15-2014, 03:33 PM
As someone who plans to read the comics once the series is finished, can we please avoid spoilers for the comics for fucks sake?

I'd really recommend just going ahead and reading them now. They've said the show will go on as long as there's an audience still watching, and the comic series has absolutely no end in sight, so you'd be waiting for years before getting to check them out, and they're a legitimate favorite series of mine. While it might make you not enjoy a lot of the show, it also makes you appreciate a lot more, and see where certain story lines were improved or altered, or how they took a concept and turned it into something else. I've still been surprised by the show quite a bit, and much of the show is different enough that you won't be ruining the majority of it, just knowing what to look forward to.

Pillfred
12-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Has anyone seen the "Beth/Shots" meme? I'd post it but I'm not sure if I should. I found it hilarious.

Ryan
02-09-2015, 01:06 AM
I saw that coming.

implanted_microchip
02-09-2015, 01:24 AM
I saw that coming.
That character died a while back by that point in the comics so it really wasn't a shock for anyone. Would've been far more impacting if this show could kill someone off quickly and move on instead of taking an entire episode. Death still feels far too big of a deal in this world; I want main characters to die suddenly and the rest have to move on, not 45 minutes of stalling and trying to milk every last ounce of emotion from me.

thelastdisciple
02-09-2015, 04:52 AM
Yeah they really didn't need to waste time with all of that spiritual nonsense, get on with the show ffs... there's only so many episodes. One less episode spent dicking around and we might actually get somewhere.

Ryan
02-09-2015, 06:01 AM
I enjoyed seeing The Governor again.

...but more Beth singing ffs!

tony.parente
02-09-2015, 07:47 AM
I enjoyed seeing The Governor again.

...but more Beth singing ffs!
I love Beth so much, WHY IS SHE KILL?

mrselfdestruct94
02-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Not a bad episode last night. I found myself losing interest near the end though. You'd think after several incidents of traveling to a community that was supposedly 'safe' and finding out otherwise they'd either learn to be less hopeful and come to terms with the fact that they were on their own, or avoid the next community of supposedly decent people all together.

DigitalChaos
02-09-2015, 04:38 PM
The drawn out hallucinations/spiritual shit was... attention draining. However, I was hoping they would do some sort of amputation attempt. He was too much of a badass to go out in that room without more of a fight.

That character died a while back by that point in the comics so it really wasn't a shock for anyone.
um... there are quite a few instances of characters living way beyond the comics. In fact, most TV characters do not match their comic versions in terms of mortality.

DigitalChaos
02-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Oh and, the truck scene reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4wM5KvUGEc

implanted_microchip
02-09-2015, 04:52 PM
DigitalChaos I'm aware of that but my point is, for myself at least, when a character is living past their comic counterpart but is not a radically changed character, I really am not surprised. If anything I simply see it as bonus screen time. In the case of Andrea that was like a whole other character. In this case it was pretty much identical to the original.