PDA

View Full Version : The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

frothy_ham
06-17-2018, 11:27 AM
First, I’m so happy for everyone who got to experience this amazingness.

But as someone who experienced night 1 and 2, then had to head back home and watch the set list unfold over Twitter, I am filled with jealousy. Still feel incredibly grateful for two fantastic shows this past week, but I’d probably trade both nights to witness this one. I look forward to listening to audio when it surfaces.

I know exactly what you mean. I’m really trying hard to be grateful and mature, but it’s been hard to not feel salty and jealous. Oh well, bad luck I guess.

Emil Dorbell
06-17-2018, 11:32 AM
Damn, I only hope that everyone saying this is a farewell tour (at least for a long time) is so wrong

He's said in interviews that they're not gonna go on huge tours anymore to avoid the burnout. Maybe we'll get fewer shows per year moving forward, but that's a hell of a lot better than NO shows!

hologram parade
06-17-2018, 03:04 PM
I kind of wish that NIN.com had a voting system where you could vote for the top 3 songs you’d like to see, or maybe pick set list 1, 2 or 3 for your specific show(s). The system would be based on songs they can, or are willing to play. That way it’s not 5000 votes for TPD at every show haha. Beach House has done this voting system stuff since 2014/5, and it’s been really cool for the fans. I got a track I voted for at the show I went to. Not saying it would be a perfect system, and I know this tour is about “playing what we want to play” etc

*this post brought to you by the fact I’d vote for Parasite every day between now and the Chicago shows

ryanmcfly
06-17-2018, 03:08 PM
Head like a hole wasn't played last night. Has that ever happened? I feel like its played at every show.

Sonisphere 09 and Reading 2013 are the only ones that come to mind.

klyrish
06-17-2018, 03:12 PM
Sonisphere 09 and Reading 2013 are the only ones that come to mind.
The May 13, 2007 show in Melbourne is also missing it; I just listened to the bootleg a couple days ago and was shocked it was missing HLAH. Trent cut Hurt early because of obnoxious assholes in the crowd and about 30 seconds after THTF ended, the house music came on.

Nellyrific
06-17-2018, 04:31 PM
Now that I’m home and feel like I’ve been in car wreck, I feel so sad these 3 Vegas shows are over. I went back and forth about going to all 3 but I’ve regretted skipping a show in the past and I didn’t want to take the risk. So damn worth it.

Hearing Ahead is Ourselves live was super fucking exciting. Now...do I do only 4 or all 6 LA shows 🤦🏻♀️

chuckrh
06-17-2018, 04:54 PM
Now that I’m home and feel like I’ve been in car wreck, I feel so sad these 3 Vegas shows are over. I went back and forth about going to all 3 but I’ve regretted skipping a show in the past and I didn’t want to take the risk. So damn worth it.

Hearing Ahead is Ourselves live was super fucking exciting. Now...do I do only 4 or all 6 LA shows 臘♀️

do all of them! i am still clinging to faint hope they add on seattle toward end of tour. that last night in vegas has incredible setlist. night 1 is up on the live archive, downloading now. i would've done the trip but some health issues wouldn't allow. makes me sad. hopefully i'm on the rebound but jury is out. at least a month of hell left. so, cool to live vicariously through tapes & here. i have a friend who is going to the meldown show. i got offered a ticket for robert smith's show there but sadly am not in shape for it. not to mention wouldn't have been smart financially right now. maybe i'll rally & come down to LA. is a good goal to have!

Deepvoid
06-17-2018, 06:03 PM
I kind of wish that NIN.com had a voting system where you could vote for the top 3 songs you’d like to see, or maybe pick set list 1, 2 or 3 for your specific show(s). The system would be based on songs they can, or are willing to play. That way it’s not 5000 votes for TPD at every show haha. Beach House has done this voting system stuff since 2014/5, and it’s been really cool for the fans. I got a track I voted for at the show I went to. Not saying it would be a perfect system, and I know this tour is about “playing what we want to play” etc

*this post brought to you by the fact I’d vote for Parasite every day between now and the Chicago shows

Muse did a by-request show back in February. It resulted in a setlist of epic proportion. Only deep deep cuts.
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2018/la-cigale-paris-france-23ee74e7.html

NIN has the catalogue to do this but I feel like Trent would never do such a thing. Just not his style to not be in control of the situation.

Nellyrific
06-17-2018, 06:14 PM
do all of them! i am still clinging to faint hope they add on seattle toward end of tour. that last night in vegas has incredible setlist. night 1 is up on the live archive, downloading now. i would've done the trip but some health issues wouldn't allow. makes me sad. hopefully i'm on the rebound but jury is out. at least a month of hell left. so, cool to live vicariously through tapes & here. i have a friend who is going to the meldown show. i got offered a ticket for robert smith's show there but sadly am not in shape for it. not to mention wouldn't have been smart financially right now. maybe i'll rally & come down to LA. is a good goal to have!

Best of luck to you! I hope you can be well enough to attend some shows 🖤

renton44
06-17-2018, 06:20 PM
Muse did a by-request show back in February. It resulted in a setlist of epic proportion. Only deep deep cuts.

NIN has the catalogue to do this but I feel like Trent would never do such a thing. Just not his style to not be in control of the situation.

Could you imagine? "....and we have broken the million mark with requests for Perfect Drug...."

nooneimportant
06-17-2018, 11:52 PM

I think he probably thought of that idea, if I had to guess but that would probably have to be a special fan club show or something. I know they did an exclusive show for members of The Spiral back during the With Teeth tour but it wasn't a request setlist. Trent always seems to try and find something cool for fans.

sheepdean
06-18-2018, 12:17 AM

Half the song would be the moody emos asking for Still and half would be the moody goths asking for Complications of the Flesh

I still like the Electric Six method, have a kickstarter for a weird release, and an expensive reward is simply choose the encore, any songs from the back catalogue

ChipRock
06-18-2018, 02:54 AM
Very much enjoying LV-3 setlist. Approving of Joy Division, Numan, Bowie and HTDA covers - with Digital being especially exciting. Feeling sad that Numan being LA based now he won't turn up in London.
I'm not a huge fan of Year Zero, but a Great Destroyer / Good Soldier one-two is extremely appealing. GBDTD is still not quite clicking for me, but after only a brief listen to Ahead of Ourselves I'm totally down with that. Mind you, I would be sad at getting Hurt over Head Like A Hole, but you can't please everybody.

So leading up to London shows... I did have some expectation that RFH would be different to RAH, just because it's an unusual venue, but I think we can assume that both days will get entirely different sets and I now wish I'd coughed up for the RAH too. Can we assume that the material covered at LV over three nights will represent all the material they've got lined up for this tour? Guessing standard festivals will get the more conventional setlist, along the lines of LV-2, and everywhere else will get a mixture of the rest. Hmm... *heads to ideal setlist thread*

Damage
06-18-2018, 03:22 AM
From what I understand they did not let people in with tubes BUT they were selling tubes at the mercy table and tons of people had them inside the venue.

Correct. Could not bring outside tubes into the Vegas shows. But for $5 you could buy a new one each night. Sucks but hey at least your poster was protected. Better then not having any tube at all.

icklekitty
06-18-2018, 03:43 AM
I think considering that NIN are very good at mixing up setlists anyway compared to the vast majority of bands, it's not that important to demand a by-request setlist. Sure, there are some things we haven't seen live for a long time/ever, but I'm likely to bet that these are for good reasons rather than Trent deciding to be a twat or lazy.

Rabbithole
06-18-2018, 04:18 AM

I know the size of the concert isn't anywhere near the same, but Metallica did this when I saw them in 2014.

Buying a ticket got you a vote, and the result was all the hits the average concert-goer wanted to hear, Master of Puppets, One, For Whom The Bell Tolls etc with not a single rarer song, just the average Metallica set. I remember people being furious about it at the time. Turned me off the 'Request Set' idea completely. (Although they were still Metallica, so it was still pretty great!)

eversonpoe
06-18-2018, 05:52 AM
i don't understand why people are concerned about tour spoilers, or finding out that a new song has been debuted live.

i'm very passionate about not getting spoilers for narrative things (tv shows/movies/books) but i can't for the life of me understand why it matters when a band is touring to know what they have played at a show. especially since it seems like they're going to be mixing it up a lot on this tour.

Nellyrific
06-18-2018, 05:56 AM
Correct. Could not bring outside tubes into the Vegas shows. But for $5 you could buy a new one each night. Sucks but hey at least your poster was protected. Better then not having any tube at all.

I’d brought a tube from home and since I was staying at the hotel it was easy to just take it upstairs and not worry about it. Taking in that poster without a tube would have indeed sucked.

chuckrh
06-18-2018, 06:16 AM
Best of luck to you! I hope you can be well enough to attend some shows 

thanks!

theimage13
06-18-2018, 06:31 AM
For the love of all that is holy, someone please confirm that there's an audio recording of Night 3 that will eventually surface. I swear I saw ScreamingSlave mention that they were able to get 1&2, but I don't think I've seen any mention at all of Sunday's mind-melting setlist being captured.

caca
06-18-2018, 08:43 AM

I bought a tube at Friday’s show and then brought the same tube with me to Saturday’s show - and nobody said anything to me about it. There were several other people in line who did the same thing.

ryanmcfly
06-18-2018, 08:48 AM
43 unique songs in three nights. The three nights in Vegas had more unique songs than the Tension 2013 tour.

LexTron6K
06-18-2018, 11:11 AM
43 unique songs in three nights. The three nights in Vegas had more unique songs than the Tension 2013 tour.

The Tension 2013 tour was also an entirely different (and much larger) band putting forth an entirely different experience.

ScreamingSlave
06-18-2018, 12:52 PM
For the love of all that is holy, someone please confirm that there's an audio recording of Night 3 that will eventually surface. I swear I saw ScreamingSlave mention that they were able to get 1&2, but I don't think I've seen any mention at all of Sunday's mind-melting setlist being captured.All 3 nights were covered no worries I am asking if someone can help me score a cat poster and Saturdays poster the normal 30$ one as night 3 I had to get right to my spot and I missed merch :( really need Saturdays poster for my set.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FULLMETAL
06-18-2018, 01:12 PM
Trying to compare Tension to the 3 LV shows is totally apples & oranges. A better comparison would be Wave Goodbye or maybe Performance 2007.

theimage13
06-18-2018, 01:20 PM
All 3 nights were covered no worries I am asking if someone can help me score a cat poster and Saturdays poster the normal 30$ one as night 3 I had to get right to my spot and I missed merch :( really need Saturdays poster for my set.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SOMEONE GET THAT POSTER. (I got nothin'; busy on the other side of the country at the moment)

ryanmcfly
06-18-2018, 03:44 PM
Trying to compare Tension to the 3 LV shows is totally apples & oranges. A better comparison would be Wave Goodbye or maybe Performance 2007.

Obviously. I was just pointing out the insanity of it. The tension tour had 35 dates. So far we have higher variety in three dates. Which is what a lot of us on here alluded to before the tour started.

ricardo
06-19-2018, 02:02 PM
Is it me or Trent's voice is in really good shape? Seems secure enough to do the valsetto in The Big Come Down. 'Only' chorus also sounds good or at least better than previous tours. Any other songs you guys hear improvement? Or songs where he sounds worse? Or maybe it's been too much time without watching NIN live videos from my part.

Steven
06-19-2018, 02:19 PM
Is it me or Trent's voice is in really good shape? Seems secure enough to do the valsetto in The Big Come Down. 'Only' chorus also sounds good or at least better than previous tours. Any other songs you guys hear improvement? Or songs where he sounds worse? Or maybe it's been too much time without watching NIN live videos from my part.

It's hard for him to do the scream in Burn but other than that his vocals/vocal delivery is in THE ZONE.

ryanmcfly
06-19-2018, 02:21 PM
His vocals are great. They always have been. Obviously he's not going to sound as good as he did 10 years ago, and that is fine. He has adapted his voice and delivery to the music since. I do wish I could have seen them in 2005-2007. I think that's when his voice was at it's best.

ricardo
06-19-2018, 02:45 PM
Oh yeah, please don't get me wrong. Don't want to sound like I expect his vocals to be like 10 or 20 years ago. I'm actually surprised that he now sings like the album in parts he adapted in previous tours.

This lineup also is the ultimate NIN band. I'm so glad Robin returned 10 years ago to stay.

My only complaint, if I may, is that I really dislike Survivalism and TBOTE. They must be fun to perform and to listen to in the show but... meh... But again, don't get me wrong, I won't even attend any shows, just sharing my thoughts on the new tour. Now back to enjoying Bad Witch.

ryanmcfly
06-19-2018, 02:49 PM
Oh yeah, please don't get me wrong. Don't want to sound like I expect his vocals to be like 10 or 20 years ago. I'm actually surprised that he now sings like the album in parts he adapted in previous tours.

This lineup also is the ultimate NIN band. I'm so glad Robin returned 10 years ago to stay.

My only complaint, if I may, is that I really dislike Survivalism and TBOTE. They must be fun to perform and to listen to in the show but... meh... But again, don't get me wrong, I won't even attend any shows, just sharing my thoughts on the new tour. Now back to enjoying Bad Witch.

I've seen Survivalism several times, I could do without it. Would love to see TBOTE though. Year Zero is my favorite NIN record and it's not close really, so.

bobbie solo
06-19-2018, 03:22 PM
Survivalism and Came Back Haunted should get jettisoned permanently.

ItsChrisRoss
06-19-2018, 09:34 PM
Survivalism and Came Back Haunted should get jettisoned permanently.

I could totally do with Came Back Haunted not being played...but I kind of like Survivalism live. Its definitely not a bad song to have on a setlist, although I would take anything from The Fragile over it.

caca
06-19-2018, 09:43 PM
Personally, I think Survivalism KILLS live. Trent gets all into it and headbangs through the whole thing while enunciating every syllable of the chorus. It’s a fuckin’ banger.

thefragile_jake
06-19-2018, 10:15 PM

I've been noticing that too! I think around 2008 and 2009 his vocals sounded so deep ... but his voice has been really great lately.

bryan_NIN65
06-19-2018, 10:16 PM
Personally, I think Survivalism KILLS live. Trent gets all into it and headbangs through the whole thing while enunciating every syllable of the chorus. It’s a fuckin’ banger.
My mom calls Survivlism "the headbanging one" cause she is bad with name and can't remember the name of the song.

acrid avid jam shred
06-20-2018, 07:09 AM
Those Vegas setlists are fantastic! Metal is such a cool and unexpected way to open a show, and seeing I Do Not Want This and the Good Soldier in there was a surprise too! I wonder if the band will play more covers at the upcoming gigs... it would be awesome if Memorabilia or more Joy Division showed up in the set!

klyrish
06-20-2018, 09:01 AM
I'm listening to the 6/13 bootleg right now (thanks so much Tapeworm (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4801)!) and I retract my previous agreement with the person who said that set sucked. The set is a blast to listen to so far (on March of the Pigs) and I can't believe how good the entire band sounds as well as Trent's voice in particular. His voice sounds clearer stronger, and like it has more range than I can remember.

I'm getting more and more excited for Friday's release of Bad Witch and the Red Rocks shows! My obsession with NIN--which I thought died back in 2010-2011--is back in full force.

ltrandazzo
06-20-2018, 09:42 AM
personally, i think survivalism kills live. Trent gets all into it and headbangs through the whole thing while enunciating every syllable of the chorus. It’s a fuckin’ banger.

Fist! Plan! Suh-vivalizzzm!

Pbgut
06-20-2018, 11:50 AM
From the NYTimes interview

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180620/5ea1f245205f0da5b61abaf84eaf52cd.png

We have to rehearse Copacabana's chorus to sing to Trent at the next show. Just so he questions his sanity a little.

Pbgut
06-20-2018, 09:29 PM
Due to my intense love of Bad Witch and the whole trilogy, I just bought a ticket to one of the Brooklyn shows, so I'm now seeing them 3 times in October. I'd go all four nights but I've been off work for awhile and have some debt, and I don't want to feel guilty. I got the cheapest ticket even though much better seats are around.

loopcloses
06-20-2018, 09:43 PM

One of the most surprising takeaways both me and a friend had from the 2013 show we saw was how apeshit everyone went during Survivalism. Put both March of the Pigs and Wish to shame, which I couldn't have predicted.

Sarah K
06-20-2018, 09:57 PM
Survivalism is dope as hell live. Same thing with 1,000,000. They are okay on the albums to me, but both of them get me excited as shit live.

FULLMETAL
06-21-2018, 11:55 AM
Thinking about Meltdown & I have a strong opinion that “Shit Mirror” will be in the set as well as “Ahead of Ourselves” & GBDTD. As far as the homage to The Cure, is “Halo” too obscure for NIN to cover?

Hope it gets recorded for the archive.

halo eighteen
06-21-2018, 12:06 PM
Thinking about Meltdown & I have a strong opinion that “Shit Mirror” will be in the set as well as “Ahead of Ourselves” & GBDTD. As far as the homage to The Cure, is “Halo” too obscure for NIN to cover?

Hope it gets recorded for the archive.

I can't for the life of me picture Trent singing Halo lol. I'd absolutely lose my shit if they cover something heavier like The Kiss, or Give Me It, or 100 Years though. Sinking would be amazing, too.

implanted_microchip
06-21-2018, 12:23 PM
A live NIN cover of Hanging Garden would drive me nuts -- Ilan on those drums would kill. I could also see Trent's voice lending itself really well to From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea.

Alternatively it'd be hilarious if he trolls everyone by having Burn on the setlist only to do the NIN song and not The Cure's.

TheRealNs1
06-21-2018, 12:41 PM
I can't for the life of me picture Trent singing Halo lol. I'd absolutely lose my shit if they cover something heavier like The Kiss, or Give Me It, or 100 Years though. Sinking would be amazing, too.

Fascination Street would be my pick.

ryanmcfly
06-21-2018, 01:05 PM
Do any of yall know if any of the summer festivals will be livestreamed?

m0reta
06-21-2018, 01:43 PM
I am super excited for our UK/EU breatheren. I hope everybody has just an awesome experience as we Vegas attendees! I know I'll be here refreshing this thread and other media like the addicted dork I am! Stay hydrated and don't let line drama get to you. ;-)

eversonpoe
06-21-2018, 04:38 PM

The Kiss is one of my favorite songs by the Cure and a NIN cover of it would probably cause me to die of joy

ryanmcfly
06-22-2018, 02:32 PM
I wonder if Shit Mirror or Over and Out get played tonight

BRoswell
06-22-2018, 02:35 PM
Not that I wouldn't love to see them do another new cover tonight, but it seems a little too obvious to do a Cure cover at a festival curated by Robert Smith. :p

However, if they got him to join them on said cover, I'd be ecstatic.

ryanmcfly
06-22-2018, 03:42 PM
Looks like their show at meltdown started a few minutes ago. Can't listen to the vid i saw on instagram, but i think they opened with Somewhat Damaged.

m0reta
06-22-2018, 05:18 PM
This guy is my spirit animal during MOTP :

BkVzOgtlV-H

Deacon Blackfire
06-22-2018, 05:22 PM
Shit Mirror desperately needs to make it onto setlists.

I have a hard time imagining them busting out Play The Goddamned Part or I'm Not From This World live but I'd love to be proven wrong again!

m0reta
06-22-2018, 05:48 PM
Awwww...they dedicated a song to Alan. Dunno which.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RideTheNetwork/status/1010291435273424897

ChipRock
06-22-2018, 06:00 PM
This guy is my spirit animal

Yes. Saw this guy in front if me. Legend. Fortunately most people were moving around and standing at their seats, but this guy was giving it his all from the very start.

SuperstarPJ
06-22-2018, 08:55 PM
It’s great that they’re playing so much stuff from The Fragile. Would love to hear We’re In This Together and Just Like You Imagined at one of the other European shows! [emoji2]

TheBang
06-22-2018, 09:52 PM
I was waiting for a lull in the setlist so I could use the washroom and it wasn't until wish
I'm not sure I could ever describe Wish as "a lull in the setlist"

Kyle
06-22-2018, 11:22 PM

I don't think I would consider anything other than the encore break a lull but that's me

ManBurning
06-23-2018, 08:02 AM

Between everything that was played last night, that's the song that I had heard the most, so to me, I could do without hearing wish for the millionth time, lol.

But agreed, wish is usually the " better" of the "usual songs" that make the list.

slave2thewage
06-24-2018, 07:49 AM
Breaking radio silence.

After Meltdown, Less Than to replace THTF permanently. It’s bloody amazing live.

Deepvoid
06-24-2018, 11:04 AM
Setlist.fm says no Head Like A Hole?? When is the last time that happened?

ryanmcfly
06-24-2018, 11:09 AM
Setlist.fm says no Head Like A Hole?? When is the last time that happened?

Vegas

Deepvoid
06-24-2018, 11:55 AM
Vegas

Haha! Yeah you got me there.
Did it ever happen during a "regular" tour when they are not playing 21 times the same venue in 23 days?

icklekitty
06-24-2018, 12:04 PM
Did it ever happen during a "regular" tour when they are not playing 21 times the same venue in 23 days?

As of this moment it's been played at 890/972 shows: http://www.nintourhistory.com/song.php?songid=3

ryanmcfly
06-24-2018, 12:49 PM

There have been a couple festivals where they didn't play it as well. Reading 2013 and Sonishphere 2009 for instance.

m0reta
06-24-2018, 02:52 PM
Branches/bones to start I think since I see the tape drape in some instagrams. Very nice stuff showing up atm. Just a few.

Trent's
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkaixKtA7Wq/

Talking_unsound
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bka2pAVgqbb/

scotted3
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bka2n_thxmw/

GavinCollins420
06-24-2018, 03:50 PM
So going by Instagram, they've definitely played:

Branches/Bones
Wish
Less Than
March of the Pigs
The Frail
The Wretched

That's hard as fuck. Also seems to be following the setlist from the festival shows last year.

Edit: God Break Down the Door, as well. This setlist is all go, man.

Fucking hell, those poor people.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Pbgut
06-24-2018, 03:55 PM
From @iamclassic (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=6203) : Shit Mirror has been premiered! https://youtu.be/Kd_Rd13PUyg

EDIT: Better vid from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/8tkr9k/shit_mirror_live/

GavinCollins420
06-24-2018, 03:59 PM
From iamclassic : Shit Mirror has been premiered! https://youtu.be/Kd_Rd13PUygAgain, those poor, poor people.

caca
06-24-2018, 03:59 PM
From iamclassic : Shit Mirror has been premiered! https://youtu.be/Kd_Rd13PUyg

Sounds great!

BRoswell
06-24-2018, 04:10 PM
Sounds like he's letting Robin handle the shrieking vocals, which is pretty awesome.

halo eighteen
06-24-2018, 04:40 PM

Grand Rapids 2006, but that was kind of due to... extenuating circumstances.

TheBang
06-24-2018, 05:08 PM
Damn. 11 out of 23 songs played were probably something that no one who hasn't seen any of the shows since last year had ever seen live before.

Did Trent say something about this being the last time they were going to play I Can't Give Everything Away?

ManOfAtom
06-24-2018, 05:29 PM
Yes, final time for the Bowie cover.

The Frail
The Wretched

They didn’t play The Wretched, but did do The Frail.

GavinCollins420
06-24-2018, 05:41 PM
Yes, final time for the Bowie cover.

They didn’t play The Wretched, but did do The Frail.Oh? I saw they played The Frail and then saw an Instagram post of the band bathed in green light and assumed it was The Wretched. What did The Frail lead in to? Is the whole set list available?

Edit: nvm I found it.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2018/royal-albert-hall-london-england-13ea3915.html

That's one motherfucker of a setlist. My God.

Krazy
06-24-2018, 05:53 PM
Oh? I saw they played The Frail and then saw an Instagram post of the band bathed in green light and assumed it was The Wretched. What did The Frail lead in to? Is the whole set list available?

Edit: nvm I found it.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2018/royal-albert-hall-london-england-13ea3915.html

That's one motherfucker of a setlist. My God.

Setlist fm I’m assuming:

Not too shabby.

thefragile_jake
06-24-2018, 06:09 PM
It’s great that they’re playing so much stuff from The Fragile. Would love to hear We’re In This Together and Just Like You Imagined at one of the other European shows! [emoji2]

I would love for them to keep a rotating amount of tracks from The Fragile within the set, hearing cuts like Into the Void, No You Don't, Please or the two you mentioned would be amazing.

I still have yet to hear The Day the World Went Away live so I'm hoping that sticks around by the time I see them in the fall.

Sarah K
06-24-2018, 06:18 PM
The Frail into anything other than The Wretched is one of my worst fears in life. Even I can't handle that much trolling.

Nellyrific
06-24-2018, 06:40 PM
The used to do The Frail into Closer a while back, if I remember correctly.

Krazy
06-24-2018, 07:02 PM
The Frail into anything other than The Wretched is one of my worst fears in life. Even I can't handle that much trolling.

It was done quite a bit during LITS, and honestly didn’t sound that awkward since so many of us consider The Frail and The Wretched one song. I liked it as a change of pace type of thing.

FULLMETAL
06-24-2018, 07:14 PM
OMG. "Shit Mirror" live is fucking awesome! The RAH gig seems like the show to beat in terms of a single night's performance. Wow!

otnavuskire
06-24-2018, 07:16 PM
According to a post in the Tour Journal thread, this was the last time they'll be performing "I Can't Give Everything Away." I'm disappointed by that. I was really hoping to see them perform that live.

Nellyrific
06-24-2018, 07:24 PM
It was done quite a bit during LITS, and honestly didn’t sound that awkward since so many of us consider The Frail and The Wretched one song. I liked it as a change of pace type of thing.

That’s what it was. I remember it feeling pretty natural as well. I’m much more into anything from The Fragile but it was a nice change.

Papagolash
06-24-2018, 08:14 PM
For those wondering, Robin sang verse 1 and 2 and Trent sang chorus 1 and 2 for Shit Mirror.

thefragile_jake
06-24-2018, 08:44 PM

Yeah, I'm all for that ... I would actually prefer them to tease the Frail into something unexpected as I'm personally a little burnt out on the Wretched. Killer track, but I'd love for the next show I go to be the first time it's not played in favor of something else.

tricil
06-24-2018, 08:47 PM
For those wondering, Robin sang verse 1 and 2 and Trent sang chorus 1 and 2 for Shit Mirror.

I am here for Robin singing screaming Trent vocals. Maybe he can sing Happiness in Slavery for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle
06-24-2018, 11:17 PM
Holy fuck Robin on lead vocals. They damn well better play this at a show I'm at

Kyle
06-24-2018, 11:18 PM
I am here for Robin singing screaming Trent vocals. Maybe he can sing Happiness in Slavery for us.

have him sing Hurt and I won't be bored with it anymore

caca
06-24-2018, 11:41 PM
Holy fuck Robin on lead vocals. They damn well better play this at a show I'm at https://twitter.com/enrydd/status/1011006207564361736?s=21

(video proof at the link)

Exactly what I was thinking.

Pbgut
06-25-2018, 12:40 AM
Slightly bummed they're retiring the Bowie tribute; I would have loved to hear it live and strangely they didn't play it at Webster Hall last year.

roolfdriht
06-25-2018, 09:16 AM
Slightly bummed they're retiring the Bowie tribute; I would have loved to hear it live and strangely they didn't play it at Webster Hall last year.

I'm also somewhat sad...but at least we can still claim the only performance to date of She's Gone Away. I wonder if and when that will change. Personally, I'd much rather hear The Idea of You or Not Anymore, though I concede they don't offer quite the same opportunity for contrast in a typical set list as SGA might.

ManBurning
06-25-2018, 10:49 AM
I'm also somewhat sad...but at least we can still claim the only performance to date of She's Gone Away. I wonder if and when that will change. Personally, I'd much rather hear The Idea of You or Not Anymore, though I concede they don't offer quite the same opportunity for contrast in a typical set list as SGA might.

I still haven't looked at the vegas set lists to see every song that was played to compare them with what has been played so far (I will be doing that tonight after my 3rd and final show on this tour), but it saddens me to hear she's gone away still hasn't made its way back into the set. I've been waiting to hear that song since it was first teased on a setlist last year and not played.

I also had had a conversation with a guy in line at royal Albert hall about the idea of you and not anymore not being played and how those really should be 2 of the major show staples. Very odd for those to not have shown up yet. This want the idea od you so bad.

bobbie solo
06-25-2018, 03:15 PM
I still haven't looked at the vegas set lists to see every song that was played to compare them with what has been played so far (I will be doing that tonight after my 3rd and final show on this tour), but it saddens me to hear she's gone away still hasn't made its way back into the set. I've been waiting to hear that song since it was first teased on a setlist last year and not played.

I also had had a conversation with a guy in line at royal Albert hall about the idea of you and not anymore not being played and how those really should be 2 of the major show staples. Very odd for those to not have shown up yet. This want the idea od you so bad.

She's Gone Away was played at the Webster Hall show I was at last summer. Here's my video of it (yes I'm shameless):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIxlI3I7q9Y

loopcloses
06-25-2018, 04:24 PM
I was listening to the trilogy in succession a few days ago and it did occur to me how weird it is that "The Idea of You" has been completely absent from setlists. It's not even my favorite from that EP, but man oh man, that song seems like it would demolish live. I'd love for it to get the Survivalism slot, even as an experiment to see how it plays.

It's also very possible that the song was attempted in rehearsals and it didn't click, but it just seems like it should. The verses might be weird in a live setting, but I can just imagine everybody going insane when the chorus kicks in.

It's really kinda weird how little of the EPs has been getting played in general. I hope this upcoming tour being the first proper named tour since Tension means we're going back to sets dominated by the new release(s). Nearly every single track from Hesitation Marks got played on that tour, and most of them were played every night.

otnavuskire
06-25-2018, 04:31 PM
Paris setlist from Twitter (https://twitter.com/Vilain_Pabo/status/1011357504880697349)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgkQMlBX0AA_63I.jpg

ryanmcfly
06-25-2018, 04:34 PM
I was listening to the trilogy in succession a few days ago and it did occur to me how weird it is that "The Idea of You" has been completely absent from setlists. It's not even my favorite from that EP, but man oh man, that song seems like it would demolish live. I'd love for it to get the Survivalism slot, even as an experiment to see how it plays.

It's also very possible that the song was attempted in rehearsals and it didn't click, but it just seems like it should. The verses might be weird in a live setting, but I can just imagine everybody going insane when the chorus kicks in.

It's really kinda weird how little of the EPs has been getting played in general. I hope this upcoming tour being the first proper named tour since Tension means we're going back to sets dominated by the new release(s). Nearly every single track from Hesitation Marks got played on that tour, and most of them were played every night.

They've played Branches/Bones and Burning Bright off of NTAE this year (She's Gone Away was played only once at Webster Hall last summer.)
Less Than, The Loves, The Background World off of Add Violence.
Shit Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves, and God Break Down the Door off of Bad Witch.

9/16 songs isn't too bad. I think some of the songs probably just wouldn't translate well into a live setting. Dear World and I'm Not From this World come to mind. I think realistically that The Idea of You and Not Anymore are the two most likely others to get played.

Deacon Blackfire
06-25-2018, 05:16 PM
Pretty stoked on all these setlists. Naturally I'd like to see more Trilogy material pop up, but who says it won't? They've got a lot of touring ahead of them.

I know Dear World, might be a difficult one to figure out live but I for one would be pumped. But I'd say the most likely tracks to join the fray are both The Idea of You and Not Anymore, as previously mentioned, and Over and Out, which is just tailor made to be a show closer, pre-encore or post-encore. Though I'd be down to be proven wrong and have these shows bust out all of it, including an insane and terrifying live version of I'm Not From This World. I have faith that this lineup could pull off anything they want to play.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - it is indeed odd that She's Gone Away has, so far, only been played at that single Webster Hall show. Makes me think Trent was unhappy with how it translated live. I thought it sounded pretty great from the videos but whatever the reason for its absence, I hope it reemerges.

sheepdean
06-25-2018, 05:27 PM
Reptile being a tour staple is blowing my mind

halo eighteen
06-25-2018, 05:32 PM
Whoa, no MotP!

StockAvuryah
06-25-2018, 06:10 PM
Whoa, no MotP!

Got The Lovers instead, that was nice.

so from memory (with errors, not in order, more of a list at places) :

eater of dreams
Me, I'm Not
Sanctified
Wish
letting you
Piggy
the Lovers
Shit Mirror
ahead of ourselves
god break down the door
burn
only
i'm afraid of Americans
find my way
the hand that feeds
less than
Reptile
background world
the great destroyer
burning bright
head like a hole
The day the world went away
Hurt

edit : oh god my list is shit

SM Rollinger
06-25-2018, 06:22 PM
So, how many of these summer festivals are getting live streamed?

Maybe this is a topic that deserves its own thread...

Toadflax
06-25-2018, 07:42 PM

It's interesting to see Trent and Maynard to start handing over more difficult vocals to other members of the band (or in some cases just change the notes to something more manageable). On one hand, it's a sad reminder that they're not the young bucks they once were, but on the other, it's preferable to them just retiring those songs. It's funny that songs like Branches/Bones and Shit Mirror are new - meaning Trent recorded the vocals within the past two years - and he's still not keen on singing parts of them live, but again, I'd rather he do it that way than not at all (especially Shit Mirror, which sounds pretty damn great with Robin).

That said, it'll be interesting if this opens the door to the band revisiting some songs they haven't played in a long time just because Trent isn't comfortable with the vocals anymore. We're In This Together and Last are two I remember him specifically making that comment about (and no doubt Happiness In Slavery lives in the same area).

P.S. I remember loving the Fragile tracks 1-4 opening in Vegas but thinking the whole time, "nah, there's no way they're doing the whole album; he can't sing We're In This Together anymore." :p

tricil
06-25-2018, 07:44 PM
I predict The Day The World Went Away Quiet debuts this year.

The printed set lists all specify (album version) or (lp version)

FULLMETAL
06-25-2018, 07:46 PM
It doesn't appear like the OpenAir St. Gallen festival will feature NIN on any of their live broadcasts (https://www.srf.ch/radio-srf-3/highlights/festivalsommer/openair-st-gallen-openair-st-gallen-diese-bands-uebertragen-wir-im-livestream).

sheepdean
06-25-2018, 08:04 PM
It's interesting to see Trent and Maynard to start handing over more difficult vocals to other members of the band (or in some cases just change the notes to something more manageable). On one hand, it's a sad reminder that they're not the young bucks they once were, but on the other, it's preferable to them just retiring those songs. It's funny that songs like Branches/Bones and Shit Mirror are new - meaning Trent recorded the vocals within the past two years - and he's still not keen on singing parts of them live, but again, I'd rather he do it that way than not at all (especially Shit Mirror, which sounds pretty damn great with Robin).

That said, it'll be interesting if this opens the door to the band revisiting some songs they haven't played in a long time just because Trent isn't comfortable with the vocals anymore. We're In This Together and Last are two I remember him specifically making that comment about (and no doubt Happiness In Slavery lives in the same area).

P.S. I remember loving the Fragile tracks 1-4 opening in Vegas but thinking the whole time, "nah, there's no way they're doing the whole album; he can't sing We're In This Together anymore." :p
Isn't Robin just doing the Astbury vocals?

caca
06-25-2018, 08:33 PM
Isn't Robin just doing the Astbury vocals?

No, he’s doing the verses.

tricil
06-25-2018, 10:11 PM

Same reason he’s always let the guys sing the chorus of Gave Up instead of doing it himself.

Deacon Blackfire
06-26-2018, 12:11 AM

I have seen Nine Inch Nails live eleven times to date, and every single show has featured Reptile. I'd call it a curse but that would imply it's a bad thing!

Basically every tour since Self-Destruct has seen it rear its head on setlists - clearly Trent has an enduring affection for it.

kercyx
06-26-2018, 12:26 AM
SHIT MIRROR :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV_7dsK3HnU&feature=youtu.be

skullboy0
06-26-2018, 11:05 AM
It's funny that songs like Branches/Bones and Shit Mirror are new - meaning Trent recorded the vocals within the past two years - and he's still not keen on singing parts of them live, but again, I'd rather he do it that way than not at all (especially Shit Mirror, which sounds pretty damn great with Robin).

I think there's a big difference between recording a couple of takes where he can rest his voice as long as he wants between them & having to do it in the middle of a NIN set & still having to finish the show.

Although I do like that Trent is willing to do what he thinks serves the song vocally for the studio version without regard to whether or not he can pull it off every night live.

Toadflax
06-26-2018, 11:17 AM
I think there's a big difference between recording a couple of takes where he can rest his voice as long as he wants between them & having to do it in the middle of a NIN set & still having to finish the show.

Although I do like that Trent is willing to do what he thinks serves the song vocally for the studio version without regard to whether or not he can pull it off every night live.

Oh, definitely. The fact that Trent can go out and scream as much as he does every night is impressive enough.

Agreed. Like, there are songs on this trilogy that will probably never be played live because they wouldn’t translate at all, and I’m totally okay with that.

ryanmcfly
06-26-2018, 11:41 AM

I think Robin;s vocals work well on Shit Mirror and burning Bright. I don't think it would work as well on WITT. Trent could just sing it in a lower key like he did with Last and Somewhat Damaged.

frankie teardrop
06-26-2018, 12:00 PM
She's Gone Away was played at the Webster Hall show I was at last summer. Here's my video of it (yes I'm shameless):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIxlI3I7q9Y

i reckon you know this as we saw each other after, but you've got me in the lower right corner of this video, fist pumping away on occasion. i thought the song sounded AMAZING, kind of a shame this is it so far.

Toadflax
06-26-2018, 12:19 PM

I have seen Nine Inch Nails live eleven times to date, and every single show has featured Reptile. I'd call it a curse but that would imply it's a bad thing!

Basically every tour since Self-Destruct has seen it rear its head on setlists - clearly Trent has an enduring affection for it.

According to nintourhistory, it's the 13th most played NIN song to date (above Burn, even) and has been played on every tour since 1994. I've been fortunate enough to see it 9 times live. ;)

Toadflax
06-26-2018, 12:22 PM
I think Robin;s vocals work well on Shit Mirror and burning Bright. I don't think it would work as well on WITT. Trent could just sing it in a lower key like he did with Last and Somewhat Damaged.

Yeah, I think the lyrics of WITT are too personal and integral to the song to let someone else sing it.

Maybe they just bring out a stool and have Trent sing this version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovTBRWBodgM&ab_channel=TaraRice

Nellyrific
06-26-2018, 12:28 PM
I’ve been wanting to hear WITT live for so long I have simply given up. I traveled to Paris to see them in 2007 and they had been playing it that tour but not that night. A girl can dream!

BRoswell
06-26-2018, 01:10 PM
From the couple performances I've heard, it sounds like he was straining to sing it even in a lower key, so that might explain why it hasn't been performed since then.

Toadflax
06-26-2018, 01:21 PM
From the couple performances I've heard, it sounds like he was straining to sing it even in a lower key, so that might explain why it hasn't been performed since then.

Yeah, when they played it in '07, he said in an interview something like, "I don't know why I chose to record those vocals at the top of my register, and now I'm trying to do it live."

One of the many reasons we'll likely never get The Fragile live in its entirety. :(

sheepdean
06-26-2018, 01:25 PM
Yeah, when they played it in '07, he said in an interview something like, "I don't know why I chose to record those vocals at the top of my register, and now I'm trying to do it live."

One of the many reasons we'll likely never get The Fragile live in its entirety. :(
Tyler Spencer of Electric Six does this too, he records many songs in falsetto and then live can't hit anything without wrecking himself

Art an' shit, innit

implanted_microchip
06-26-2018, 01:36 PM
We’re In This Together is lying in wait for the inevitable Still tour arrangement

bobbie solo
06-26-2018, 04:38 PM
i reckon you know this as we saw each other after, but you've got me in the lower right corner of this video, fist pumping away on occasion. i thought the song sounded AMAZING, kind of a shame this is it so far.

Of course. I will always be in awe of how close we were for the show. I've been to Webster Hall a million times and up front there plenty, but man it just felt euphoric when we walked in and only your row of people was in front of me for a NIN show. I was almost shaking. Couldn't believe it.

Kyle
06-26-2018, 04:47 PM

Happiness in slavery? I don't think the vocals have anything to do with that one. He sang it almost every night in 1994 with no problem and I'm not even sure where the issue would be. The "slave screams" part? That's Robin anyway. I think that songs gone because it just doesn't resonate with him anymore

Kyle
06-26-2018, 04:50 PM
According to nintourhistory, it's the 13th most played NIN song to date (above Burn, even) and has been played on every tour since 1994. I've been fortunate enough to see it 9 times live. ;)

5 out of 8 for me. 3 just nin, 1 with Bowie and 1 with Peter Murphy. Which is the same amount of times as Closer (assuming we don't count Closer to God) aka that song everyone knows

ryanmcfly
06-26-2018, 04:57 PM
2 out of 7. I finally got to see Reptile at Panorama and Webster Hall last year. Fucking amazing.

SM Rollinger
06-26-2018, 05:19 PM
Of the 4 times ive seen NIN, ive never seen Reptile, Burn or Eraser :(

Toadflax
06-26-2018, 05:31 PM
Happiness in slavery? I don't think the vocals have anything to do with that one. He sang it almost every night in 1994 with no problem and I'm not even sure where the issue would be. The "slave screams" part? That's Robin anyway. I think that songs gone because it just doesn't resonate with him anymore

Maybe. I only included it in response to tricil's original post about wanting to hear Robin sing it.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-26-2018, 10:41 PM
I just wanted to say that the most recent setlist is one of the fucking best they've ever done, as far as I'm concerned. So jealous. And so excited for September and October.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2018/lolympia-bruno-coquatrix-paris-france-33ea3025.html

SM Rollinger
06-26-2018, 10:45 PM
I say this every tour cycle, I just want to hear Happiness In Slavery.

Vessel, Ruiner, The Becoming, Down In It or Sin would suffice tho.

Nellyrific
06-26-2018, 11:55 PM
These last few posts have made me want to check my nin tour history profile (I love that site) and there are songs I’ve completely forgotten I’ve seen live. My memory is not what it used to be [emoji53]

TheBang
06-27-2018, 04:39 AM
So, how many of these summer festivals are getting live streamed?
I'd say there are possible live streams or other TV broadcasts for:

Eurockeennes
Rock Werchter
https://www.montreuxjazz.com/livestream
NOS Alive
Sonic Mania

Red Bull TV streamed both Roskilde and Montreux Jazz Festival in 2016 and 2017, but I don't see any indications that they are doing so this year. :(

nooneimportant
06-27-2018, 07:45 AM

I still like the live version alot. I feel like it hits harder.

Enough about WITT though, we need Happiness in Slavery to return, especially since Atticus is there and Robin is now going ham on vocal duty. Just bust that shit out to close a show, throw something across the stage, I want to see it again.

ryanmcfly
06-27-2018, 08:40 AM
They could make a really noisy electronic version of Happiness in Slavery.

ChipRock
06-27-2018, 09:14 AM
really noisy electronic version of Happiness in Slavery.

Yes please!

Actually - when did they sneak bits of HIS into TGD? I remember it being a thing at some point.

ryanmcfly
06-27-2018, 09:17 AM
Yes please!

Actually - when did they sneak bits of HIS into TGD? I remember it being a thing at some point.

I believe they did that in 2007 or 2008.

roolfdriht
06-27-2018, 09:55 AM
These last few posts have made me want to check my nin tour history profile (I love that site) and there are songs I’ve completely forgotten I’ve seen live. My memory is not what it used to be [emoji53]

I had the same reaction when I was perusing mine recently. How is it possible that I've seen some songs multiple times (Suck, La Mer) without so much as a faint recollection? I'd happily swap a few instances of those for some negative memories that persist despite my best efforts...

But back on topic - while we're praying for miracles, I'll throw in a good word for the live debut of My Violent Heart. Every time I remind myself of its existence, I'm surprised by its relative obscurity.

Nellyrific
06-27-2018, 10:14 AM
I had the same reaction when I was perusing mine recently. How is it possible that I've seen some songs multiple times (Suck, La Mer) without so much as a faint recollection? I'd happily swap a few instances of those for some negative memories that persist despite my best efforts...

But back on topic - while we're praying for miracles, I'll throw in a good word for the live debut of My Violent Heart. Every time I remind myself of its existence, I'm surprised by its relative obscurity.

Exactly. I looked it up when a poster mentioned Eraser. I know I’ve heard it live but maybe once or twice - nope, 8 times! It’s definitely a bummer that this is what my brain won’t retain.

I love My Violent Heart and it would be great to hear it live. It would be cool to have some Ghosts stuff back in the set list and I’d love to hear Sin again. Easily one of my favorites.

ryanmcfly
06-27-2018, 10:15 AM

My Violent Heart was the first NIN song I put on my MySpace profile. Would have been right before Year Zero came out. That song would be dope live.

eachpassingphase
06-27-2018, 10:24 AM
My Violent Heart was the first NIN song I put on my MySpace profile. Would have been right before Year Zero came out. That song would be dope live.

Ahhh you are bringing back the MySpace cringe for me big time. I definitely used My Violent Heart as my profile name around that time.

ryanmcfly
06-27-2018, 10:27 AM
Ahhh you are bringing back the MySpace cringe for me big time. I definitely used My Violent Heart as my profile name around that time.

I probably had it in parenthesis because that was the cool thing to do in eighth grade.

StockAvuryah
06-27-2018, 11:54 AM
Guitar throw from Paris concert : https://gfycat.com/PoliteDearAmericanwirehair

Accurate url.. ?

gorast
06-27-2018, 09:07 PM
Lol, did he do that because of a technical problem or was it just random? During Head Like a Hole maybe?

otnavuskire
06-27-2018, 09:29 PM
Lol, did he do that because of a technical problem or was it just random? During Head Like a Hole maybe?

It was during Shit Mirror.

AThousandDaysBefore
06-27-2018, 10:50 PM
My violent heart would fit amazing after the lovers
I need a come back for No You Don't in the setlists!! A combo with Shit Mirror and AoO

chuenthez
06-28-2018, 06:55 AM
In Paris, for some songs, somebody seemed like filming on stage moving around the musicians. Don't remember on which songs though. Maybe for a videoclip, or just concert video on youtube ? Did it happen on other shows ?

StockAvuryah
06-28-2018, 07:17 AM
In Paris, for some songs, somebody seemed like filming on stage moving around the musicians. Don't remember on which songs though. Maybe for a videoclip, or just concert video on youtube ? Did it happen on other shows ?

I don't know but I saw him too. Great rig. And he filmed the throw.

I wonder if they just film every concert and after the tour decide if they have the will for a vid or something. Or if it's just for promotional content.

SuperstarPJ
06-28-2018, 08:01 AM
Yeah they've had someone on stage filming at multiple shows this tour.

Reminds me this from a few years back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qlUFKFHNIU

Umm and by 'a few years back' I apparently mean almost a decade ago! :eek:

ryanmcfly
06-28-2018, 08:13 AM
Yeah they've had someone on stage filming at multiple shows this tour.

Reminds me this from a few years back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qlUFKFHNIU

Umm and by 'a few years back' I apparently mean almost a decade ago! :eek:

That footage is for the venues TVs and whatnot. He was on stage at panorama last year as well. I can confirm they filmed the first few songs like that at Webster Hall last year, but you know how trent is with video releases. They filmed like 35 songs like that in 2009, but only released like 10-15. Rob said the audio was a bitch to get mixed.

niggo
06-30-2018, 05:31 AM
OMG OMG OMG

I don't know if it's correct but setlist fm says they played fucking Sin last night!? I've never seen it live and really hoped they would bring it back. If it's true I hoooope they'll play it in Berlin.

ryanmcfly
06-30-2018, 07:32 AM
OMG OMG OMG

I don't know if it's correct but setlist fm says they played fucking Sin last night!? I've never seen it live and really hoped they would bring it back. If it's true I hoooope they'll play it in Berlin.

Saw that. I really hope it’s true. I only got to see that one once in like 2009.

Deepvoid
06-30-2018, 09:23 AM
Holy shit!! Can't believe Sin was played last night. Wow! That must have been a nice surprise.

bryan_NIN65
06-30-2018, 09:35 AM
Sin is such a classic but I think people were feeling like it was over played in the 90s and early 2000's, but now that it's been gone almost a decade it's really welcomed back. I seen it once in 2005 and.its fucking killer. Its kinda like how we are gonna be feeling about Terilble Lie after it stays out of most of the recent shows, lol

Nellyrific
06-30-2018, 09:46 AM
Damn! I was just saying how much I’d like Sin back in there! Hopefully it stays in for the fall tour.

Kid A
06-30-2018, 10:32 AM
So is Sin 100% confirmed?

theruiner
06-30-2018, 11:09 AM
I need a come back for No You Don't in the setlists!!
Holy crap, I would LOVE that.

arsenic
06-30-2018, 11:52 AM
So is Sin 100% confirmed?

I asked to a friend of mine who was at the show, I'm still waiting for confirmation.

Also, someone close to the NIN camp said that he doesn't think they played it. But you never know.

fillow
06-30-2018, 01:28 PM
Rob said the audio was a bitch to get mixed.
You know, this excuse sounds laughable. You're in a professional rock band, it's what you do.

ryanmcfly
06-30-2018, 01:29 PM
You know, this excuse sounds laughable. You're in a professional rock band, it's what you do.

Yeah I thought the same thing. But I think it might have to do with how many songs they filmed.

FULLMETAL
06-30-2018, 04:32 PM
I prefer NINtourhistory.com over Setlist.fm, but I’m weird like that. Regardless, it would be sweet if “Sin” made it back into the setlist rotation.

Have we figured out which Festivals have live streams or FM simulcasts?

firewlker
06-30-2018, 05:30 PM
Someone knows if Closer was played with The Only Time interpolation or not? on setlist.fm it's only "Closer" but with no "with The Only Time interpolation"

arsenic
06-30-2018, 07:22 PM
Someone knows if Closer was played with The Only Time interpolation or not? on setlist.fm it's only "Closer" but with no "with The Only Time interpolation"

they've been doing it for years now, and when they played it in Amsterdam a few days ago it had the The Only Time part in between

Krazy
06-30-2018, 07:49 PM
At this point it would only be noteworthy if Closer was NOT played with TOT breakdown. I think they’ve been doing it since the WT tour.

I <3 The Only Time breakdown BTW.

firewlker
06-30-2018, 09:00 PM
they've been doing it for years now, and when they played it in Amsterdam a few days ago it had the The Only Time part in between

yeah, I know but I was kinda surprised when I've read the setlist and no "tot interpolation" was together, as usual.

SM Rollinger
06-30-2018, 10:04 PM
Any word on SIN? My body needs to know if it really was played or not.

nooneimportant
06-30-2018, 10:10 PM
If they really played Sin they better have kept the synth part. I never liked them replacing the synth with actual bass. It ruins the vibe of the song to me. PHM is 90's as shit and should be represented as that forever.

ryanmcfly
07-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Looks like Sin wasn’t played.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BksvqqYBilE/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1lkmpecnxh9o3

AThousandDaysBefore
07-01-2018, 06:43 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BksvqqYBilE/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1lkmpecnxh9o3

Noooooooooooooooooooo
Why God? Why are you doing this to me?
:(

eversonpoe
07-01-2018, 08:28 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooo
Why God? Why are you doing this to me?
:(

that's from terrible lie ;)

Nellyrific
07-01-2018, 08:29 PM
that's from terrible lie ;)

I actually laughed out loud at this [emoji23]

eachpassingphase
07-01-2018, 09:03 PM

That's a bummer. Sin is one of the songs I feel is better live than in the studio recording. I almost always listen to the "And All That Could Have Been" recording over the original.

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-01-2018, 11:12 PM
And the award for "longest time it's taken this community to find out whether one song was played at a show or not" goes TO...

Was it played though? Guys, was "Sin" played? Was it? Everyone, we just need to know if "Sin" was played. ;) Was it played tho??

fillow
07-02-2018, 01:47 AM
^^
Wrong, we still to this day don't know if they really used Reptilian intro at that one show in 2007 or was just a typo on the setlist

TheBang
07-02-2018, 04:58 AM
Montreux Jazz Festival is streaming this year, including "headlining performances":

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/montreux-jazz-festival-and-livexlive-sign-a-multi-year-livestream-and-content-distribution-partnership-300651310.html

So, strong possibility of NIN stream, or possibly on the mentioned audio stream too on Slacker Radio.

frankie teardrop
07-02-2018, 11:43 AM
^^
Wrong, we still to this day don't know if they really used Reptilian intro at that one show in 2007 or was just a typo on the setlist

There's also some Ghosts discrepancy for the Philly LITS show too, unless that was finally figured out?

ItsChrisRoss
07-02-2018, 02:42 PM
There's also some Ghosts discrepancy for the Philly LITS show too, unless that was finally figured out?

Ha, I was at that Philly show on the LITS tour.....Wachovia Center, correct? Although, I cant remember for the life of me what was played and what wasnt. I definitey remember some excerpts from Ghosts and The Great Destroyer was a highlight. Also ran into Justin Meldal-Johnson (he was on bass for them at the time) in the audience during the opener and got a cool pic. Very nice dude.

ryanmcfly
07-02-2018, 04:04 PM
Setlist.fm says Gone Still was performed tonight. We shall see if it's legit or not soon.

thefragile_jake
07-02-2018, 04:33 PM
Setlist.fm says Gone Still was performed tonight. We shall see if it's legit or not soon.

Looks like that got updated and removed ...

Man, I love this setlist though. I would be all about seeing this one live. (https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2018/zitadelle-spandau-berlin-germany-33ea7c45.html)

implanted_microchip
07-02-2018, 05:06 PM
Interested in whatever the “Closer tease” in Reptile means.

niggo
07-02-2018, 05:13 PM
I was there and don't know what it means either. I thought there was something wrong with Trent's guitar. It sounded weird and he stopped singing for a couple of seconds. He did play different chords, I think? But to me it just sounded off and not remotely close to Closer.

AThousandDaysBefore
07-02-2018, 05:48 PM
Interested in whatever the “Closer tease” in Reptile means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFMo8pxQpRI
Maybe he did something like this

trollmanen
07-02-2018, 09:44 PM
Ha, I was at that Philly show on the LITS tour.....Wachovia Center, correct? Although, I cant remember for the life of me what was played and what wasnt. I definitey remember some excerpts from Ghosts and The Great Destroyer was a highlight. Also ran into Justin Meldal-Johnson (he was on bass for them at the time) in the audience during the opener and got a cool pic. Very nice dude.

The Philly 2008 show was Ghosts 8 instead of 31 for sure. Is that was you're talking about?

Also, not sure what the issue would be since there is a recording of the show in RITC.

ItsChrisRoss
07-02-2018, 11:22 PM
The Philly 2008 show was Ghosts 8 instead of 31 for sure. Is that was you're talking about?

Also, not sure what the issue would be since there is a recording of the show in RITC.

Just checked RITC, the whole set list is there ...and also, I wasn’t the one who brought this up so I’m not sure why you’re getting on me about it. I was simply recounting my story and adding my part.

I wasnt the one disputing anything. I see the link to the show, maybe I’ll check it out sometime to revisit.

willgaspari
07-03-2018, 07:12 AM
Total speculation on my part, but here it goes.

I still hope / believe that some Canadian shows are coming. And after attending the Herbie Hancock show a few nights ago in Toronto, it seems that the Sony Centre would fit the bill for this small theater tour that Trent and co. have embarked on. The building has hosted GA shows in the pit in the past (Prince in 2015 for one), and the concert calendar for the venue is empty for the first four evenings after the Chicago dates. Plenty of time to hit Montreal as well, on or after Halloween.

eversonpoe
07-03-2018, 06:17 PM
Oh, by the way, did anyone notice the mic pointing at the crowd? Is this common practice? It was positioned far to the right, don't know if there was another one on the other side.

when a live show is recorded, it's good to mic the audience in case you want to phase-cancel some of the excessive audience noise out of the other mics (or completely, in the case of some recent king crimson recordings). unfortunately, in the hands of some mixing engineers, the crowd noise becomes unbearable, particularly in breaks between songs (see Incubus' live at red rocks DVD, where it literally hurts how loud the crowd is any time there's a break in the music).

eachpassingphase
07-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Today I am wishing I had waited to buy my tickets. We are driving from Missouri to Memphis TN for the show in September, so I wound up grabbing tickets on StubHub. Everything floor-level was priced astronomically high, so I picked up a couple of upper balcony seats instead because they were more affordable and I REALLY didn't want to be left scrambling for tickets at the last minute.

Don't get me wrong, the seats are fine and I'm of the opinion that there's not really such a thing as "bad" seats at a NIN show. I've been in the worst seats ever and still had a great time, but now that it's been a few weeks since I purchased my tickets, I'm noticing the price of the floor stuff is dropping somewhat consistently. So I'm sitting here second-guessing my choice to quickly grab tickets and thinking I should have just waited and watched the ticket prices before buying them. I've never bought tickets from a third-party before so I wasn't really anticipating that the price would go down.

You live and you learn I guess!

bryan_NIN65
07-04-2018, 01:35 AM
Today I am wishing I had waited to buy my tickets. We are driving from Missouri to Memphis TN for the show in September, so I wound up grabbing tickets on StubHub. Everything floor-level was priced astronomically high, so I picked up a couple of upper balcony seats instead because they were more affordable and I REALLY didn't want to be left scrambling for tickets at the last minute.

Don't get me wrong, the seats are fine and I'm of the opinion that there's not really such a thing as "bad" seats at a NIN show. I've been in the worst seats ever and still had a great time, but now that it's been a few weeks since I purchased my tickets, I'm noticing the price of the floor stuff is dropping somewhat consistently. So I'm sitting here second-guessing my choice to quickly grab tickets and thinking I should have just waited and watched the ticket prices before buying them. I've never bought tickets from a third-party before so I wasn't really anticipating that the price would go down.

I am doing the same, coming from Missouri. I got tix a few days after the on sale balcony right center row G, paid 93 plus fees. It is what it is ,No regrets. I feel I paid a great price and find it's best not to keep checking the prices and just have a blast, hell I flew to Vegas just for the first show and flew back the next day, totally worth it.

Wondering what you paid and got as most floor level seats seem to be 200 to 300 each.

sick among the pure
07-04-2018, 03:40 AM

I have a ticket for night one at Red Rocks, but since I'm driving 22+ hours to get there, I know I'm going to the second night as well. I plan on waiting until closer to the date for scalpers to drop their prices, since from what I've heard there is no bad spot there, so no matter where I get a ticket for I'll be happy. Obviously the closer the better, I'll have to weigh price and location and see what I can get. I'll admit I'm VERY anxious about "what if the second night really sells out and there are no tickets at all to be had closer to the date?" but someone told me in Vegas this year "if you want to go to a NIN show, GO, there WILL be a ticket you can get somehow." and so I'm taking that advice and putting my fate in my NIN karma's hands. It's served me well so far.

hell I flew to Vegas just for the first show and flew back the next day, totally worth it

Glad I'm not the only one who flew out for just the first show! I was actually bummed because friends were trying to talk me into coming to the others but my flight took off Thursday night and I couldn't afford to change it, but that show was so amazing I don't mind at all.

eachpassingphase
07-04-2018, 09:02 AM
I am doing the same, coming from Missouri. I got tix a few days after the on sale balcony right center row G, paid 93 plus fees. It is what it is ,No regrets. I feel I paid a great price and find it's best not to keep checking the prices and just have a blast, hell I flew to Vegas just for the first show and flew back the next day, totally worth it.

Wondering what you paid and got as most floor level seats seem to be 200 to 300 each.

Sweet! It's cool to see another Missourian heading to Memphis. We are coming from Columbia so it's a bit of a jaunt for us, hopefully, you are further south and your drive is a little shorter.

Looks like you are pretty close to where I am. I grabbed two in the left-center balcony, row F. When I bought them they were 140 each. There weren't as many floor-level seats available when I bought these, but all of them were like 700 bucks a piece at the time. I think what I'm seeing is just an increase in floor tickets being sold at more reasonable prices. There are still some front-row seats that are like 700+ up on Stub Hub.

eachpassingphase
07-04-2018, 09:20 AM
I have a ticket for night one at Red Rocks, but since I'm driving 22+ hours to get there, I know I'm going to the second night as well. I plan on waiting until closer to the date for scalpers to drop their prices, since from what I've heard there is no bad spot there, so no matter where I get a ticket for I'll be happy. Obviously the closer the better, I'll have to weigh price and location and see what I can get. I'll admit I'm VERY anxious about "what if the second night really sells out and there are no tickets at all to be had closer to the date?" but someone told me in Vegas this year "if you want to go to a NIN show, GO, there WILL be a ticket you can get somehow." and so I'm taking that advice and putting my fate in my NIN karma's hands. It's served me well so far.

Red Rocks is on my bucket list. Everytime I look at pictures I get the same feeling - there really doesn't seem to be a "bad" spot there. I'm sure you'll find tickets, I've heard a lot of other fans say the same thing, "if you want to go, show up and you WILL find tickets".

ManBurning
07-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Total speculation on my part, but here it goes.

I still hope / believe that some Canadian shows are coming. And after attending the Herbie Hancock show a few nights ago in Toronto, it seems that the Sony Centre would fit the bill for this small theater tour that Trent and co. have embarked on. The building has hosted GA shows in the pit in the past (Prince in 2015 for one), and the concert calendar for the venue is empty for the first four evenings after the Chicago dates. Plenty of time to hit Montreal as well, on or after Halloween.

Nah, I think that ship has sailed. They would have been announced by now. It's less than 3 months away to the start of the North American leg. Bigger bands tend to announce shows further out these days to try and sell more tickets before the show. As much as I would love Canadian dates, it's not going to happen. What we have now is what we have to work with.

I don't even think Canadian dates are coming in 2019 at this point. Trent is going to be burned out after this tour and will be "taking NIN away for a while..." But that's all speculation on my part as well. But all signs point this being quite plausible. I think the Canadian dates part is out though, and I would love to be proven otherwise or eat my words in a few weeks. I just don't see it happening at this point.

m0reta
07-04-2018, 03:10 PM
I think one of these should be the photo for the Roskilde TJ entry.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk0ojyinVnf/

Looks like St Vincent is on atm. Hope to see some good stuff today.

Deepvoid
07-04-2018, 05:08 PM
Nah, I think that ship has sailed. They would have been announced by now. It's less than 3 months away to the start of the North American leg. Bigger bands tend to announce shows further out these days to try and sell more tickets before the show. As much as I would love Canadian dates, it's not going to happen. What we have now is what we have to work with.

I don't even think Canadian dates are coming in 2019 at this point. Trent is going to be burned out after this tour and will be "taking NIN away for a while... But that's all speculation on my part as well. But all signs point this being quite plausible. I think the Canadian dates part is out though, and I would love to be proven otherwise or eat my words in a few weeks. I just don't see it happening at this point.

I have to agree with you that we won't see NIN in Canada in 2018. God knows what his plans are for 2019 though.

fillow
07-05-2018, 10:11 AM
An attempt to make a pattern of this year's setlists:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UzppR96QKf73skRl1twFgQYN_PASbPbfBDx8f5E9_jE

icklekitty
07-05-2018, 10:44 AM
An attempt to make a pattern of this year's setlists:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UzppR96QKf73skRl1twFgQYN_PASbPbfBDx8f5E9_jE

Hmm, they're becoming a bit more predictible aren't they? Would be fun to see that mixed up a bit at the next headline show (I get why it isn't at traditional festivals)

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-05-2018, 10:58 AM
I have a feeling the sets we're seeing now aren't necessarily reflective of what will be the Cold and Black and Infinite tour. There are gonna be staples for sure, and probably a largely similar structure, but I would think that the actual "Cold and Black and Infinite tour" will have at least sooome differences. But we'll see. Certainly wouldn't the first time that the same set lists were used over multiple tours, if that's the case.

implanted_microchip
07-05-2018, 11:34 AM
There’s a month between the last summer date and first C&B&I show, even if a lot of that is Trent and Atticus doing scorework I’d think they’ll have time to rehearse some new songs. They came out of the gate with a ton of variation in Vegas. A lot of these Europe dates have been festivals and those always get the more typical sets, I’d think at least a few different songs will get thrown into the mix in the fall, especially with so many consecutive night runs in venues (not to mention LA).

WorzelG
07-05-2018, 11:46 AM
I really hope they release some of the stuff that has been filmed on stage with proper audio because none of the videos or Instagram posts I've seen do the sound justice at all

klyrish
07-05-2018, 11:58 AM
There’s a month between the last summer date and first C&B&I show, even if a lot of that is Trent and Atticus doing scorework I’d think they’ll have time to rehearse some new songs. They came out of the gate with a ton of variation in Vegas. A lot of these Europe dates have been festivals and those always get the more typical sets, I’d think at least a few different songs will get thrown into the mix in the fall, especially with so many consecutive night runs in venues (not to mention LA).
Plus, the entire live lineup is veteran so there's not a learning curve for any of them. Some really dynamic sets akin to the earlier Vegas shows this year would be awesome but now I'm also extremely anxious about that prospect since I'm only going to one night at Red Rocks... :-/

ManBurning
07-05-2018, 12:52 PM
Hmm, they're becoming a bit more predictible aren't they? Would be fun to see that mixed up a bit at the next headline show (I get why it isn't at traditional festivals)

Yeah, that's odd. He started off with killer variety and now he's fallen back into a safe set/pattern. That's strange.
Well, I'm glad I caught the 3 shows I did at the start of the tour and they were all different. That Meltdown setlist was something else compared to the rest.
Glad I was able to attend.

Guessing with multiple nights in the same city's in the USA, the sets will probably be changed up a bit more this fall. I can't see him doing the same or very similar sets back to back in the same city knowing he probably has some repeat customers. Especially that run of 6 in LA in December.

TheRealNs1
07-05-2018, 03:23 PM
looks like triple H is back in the setlist w/ regularity.

tricil
07-05-2018, 08:25 PM

Well the last few shows have been festivals

nooneimportant
07-05-2018, 09:25 PM

Now Triple H is invading Nine Inch Nails shows? Will he ever stop with his NXT World Domination plans?

skullboy0
07-06-2018, 08:49 AM
Now Triple H is invading Nine Inch Nails shows? Will he ever stop with his NXT World Domination plans?

Bah gawd Trent Reznor has a family!

FULLMETAL
07-06-2018, 01:12 PM
I was checking out potential streams for Montreux Jazz Festival and I realized this is the show where Gary Numan is opening for NIN.

elevenism
07-06-2018, 03:40 PM
my wife and mother, having never seen NIN, are hoping for the safe setlist with triple H at Red Rocks. as for me, i hope we get something different.

Krazy
07-07-2018, 04:42 PM
my wife and mother, having never seen NIN, are hoping for the safe setlist with triple H at Red Rocks. as for me, i hope we get something different.

Let us know if the car ride back consists of arguing and facepalming. :P

Trent and co. can play Hurt 12 times in a row, everyone will still have an awesome time at Red Rocks.

ManBurning
07-07-2018, 06:31 PM
I was checking out potential streams for Montreux Jazz Festival and I realized this is the show where Gary Numan is opening for NIN.

So we're almost guaranteed "metal" will be played and it's safe to say guest appearance by Mr. Numan himself?

It would be pretty funny if Gary numan played "metal" in his set and then NIN came on and played "metal" again lol.

Edit: wait a goddamn second... when you check setlist.fm Gary Newman's set is already up?? How does anyone know what was played?? It's still July 7th in north America, and maybe the early hours in July 8th at most overseas... July 9th has not happened here or there yet... someone from the future travelled back to list the setlist online!

AThousandDaysBefore
07-07-2018, 10:05 PM
So we're almost guaranteed "metal" will be played and it's safe to say guest appearance by Mr. Numan himself?

It would be pretty funny if Gary numan played "metal" in his set and then NIN came on and played "metal" again lol.

Edit: wait a goddamn second... when you check setlist.fm Gary Newman's set is already up?? How does anyone know what was played?? It's still July 7th in north America, and maybe the early hours in July 8th at most overseas... July 9th has not happened here or there yet... someone from the future travelled back to list the setlist online!

I checked the alice in chains set from Monreux in setlist.fm
Dont Follow?
Brother?
Where the sun rose again??

What the hell is happening

In switzerland there was the mistake with nine inch nails playing sin
I can't belive in swiss people anymore, they are playing with my emotions

FULLMETAL
07-07-2018, 10:12 PM

Setlist.fm is a steaming pile of shite... at least until someone posts an instagram of a paper setlist. Anyhow, here's the time and date for Switzerland. (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/switzerland)

AThousandDaysBefore
07-07-2018, 10:21 PM
https://www.facebook.com/aliceinchainscl/photos/a.151100191617987.32054.145681755493164/1852263471501642/?type=3

Fuck it was real
Sorry switzerland :( You were right

FULLMETAL
07-09-2018, 11:23 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180709/46b4ab82ebfdb086480997c4e40bde14.png

Well, this is a juicy wet fart.

Kyle
07-09-2018, 11:58 AM
Yeah, that's odd. He started off with killer variety and now he's fallen back into a safe set/pattern. That's strange.
Well, I'm glad I caught the 3 shows I did at the start of the tour and they were all different. That Meltdown setlist was something else compared to the rest.
Glad I was able to attend.

Guessing with multiple nights in the same city's in the USA, the sets will probably be changed up a bit more this fall. I can't see him doing the same or very similar sets back to back in the same city knowing he probably has some repeat customers. Especially that run of 6 in LA in December.

Festivals vs random shows in Vegas consisting of mostly hardcore fans will do that

eachpassingphase
07-09-2018, 02:47 PM

I'm in the same boat. I'm taking my husband in September, and he's just a casual fan so he's gonna be bummed if he doesn't hear the 3xH's. I, on the other hand, will be thrilled.

Kyle
07-09-2018, 02:59 PM
I went to one of the wave goodbye shows with a casual fan and she didn't recognize a single song until towards the end of the show and she still loved it so there's hope

thefragile_jake
07-09-2018, 03:15 PM
I'm in the same boat. I'm taking my husband in September, and he's just a casual fan so he's gonna be bummed if he doesn't hear the 3xH's. I, on the other hand, will be thrilled.

Same with my girlfriend and I this fall when we're going to the Nashville show in September. It will be her first time seeing the band (my fifth time ... though I wish it was more) and she's more of a casual listener ... but became more aware of their music since dating me. I did take her to a Nine Inch Nails tribute show a few weeks ago and she had a blast there, so I'm excited for her to see the real thing.

fillow
07-09-2018, 03:46 PM
As many have pointed out before, the real problem with triple-H is its place in the setlist. Just as you hear the first bass synth notes of the THTF, you know that 3 songs and 20 minutes later the show's over. Maybe you'll get a couple more tracks sandwiched in before Hurt.
All three songs used to be in different places in the set before and TR should do it again. (HLAH as an opener in 2000 and 2005, THTF appox. 5th-7th in the set in early WT club shows, Hurt right in the middle during Self Destruct era)

skullboy0
07-09-2018, 04:16 PM
As many have pointed out before, the real problem with triple-H is its place in the setlist. Just as you hear the first bass synth notes of the THTF, you know that 3 songs and 20 minutes later the show's over. Maybe you'll get a couple more tracks sandwiched in before Hurt.
All three songs used to be in different places in the set before and TR should do it again. (HLAH as an opener in 2000 and 2005, THTF appox. 5th-7th in the set in early WT club shows, Hurt right in the middle during Self Destruct era)

I think especially in a festival setting those 3 songs in that order go down pretty well with the casual fans that are just there to hear "the hits".

loopcloses
07-09-2018, 04:45 PM
I decided to look up the Montreux Jazz Festival since it seemed so interesting that NIN is playing there, and what the fuck, this is the craziest, best line-up I've ever seen for a festival all my life. Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Massive Attack (preceded by two of their collaborators), Iggy Pop, Emma Ruth Rundle, Alice in Chains, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Jack White, plus a bunch what I assume are cool jazz groups, it's like somebody curated a gigantic festival just for me. It's depressing that I didn't know about it, and that even if I did there is absolutely no way no how I ever could have gone.

TheBang
07-09-2018, 06:22 PM
Possible NOS Alive live stream here:

http://rtp.pt/nosalive
https://www.rtp.pt/play/direto/rtp-nos-alive

Tumnayar
07-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Possible NOS Alive live stream here:

http://rtp.pt/nosalive
https://www.rtp.pt/play/direto/rtp-nos-alive

nm, I am retarded, thought it was today's show

arsenic
07-09-2018, 07:44 PM
I decided to look up the Montreux Jazz Festival since it seemed so interesting that NIN is playing there, and what the fuck, this is the craziest, best line-up I've ever seen for a festival all my life. Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Massive Attack (preceded by two of their collaborators), Iggy Pop, Emma Ruth Rundle, Alice in Chains, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Jack White, plus a bunch what I assume are cool jazz groups, it's like somebody curated a gigantic festival just for me. It's depressing that I didn't know about it, and that even if I did there is absolutely no way no how I ever could have gone.

I know right? This year’s lineup is absolutely spot on.
If only you didn’t have to sell all your organs to afford all the tickets.. sigh..

I just came back from tonight’s gig. Numan was recorded (but I guess it wasn’t streamed), but for NIN the cameras were off. I was told they try to tape all the gigs where possible, but eventually it’s up to the artist to decide. Also, I didn’t see Brook Linder from the NIN camp filming onstage tonight, he might have enough footage by now

eachpassingphase
07-09-2018, 08:09 PM

Oh man, I bet that festival is a blast. I had never heard of it before now either. I've been dying to see Nick Cave and Jack White live.

FULLMETAL
07-09-2018, 09:06 PM
Hmm. Looking at this write up (http://media.rtp.pt/nosalive/artigos/filomena-cautela-e-pedro-fernandes-comandam-nova-emissao-de-nos-alive-na-rtp) of the RTP broadcast/stream of NOS Alive, it seems like a good chance to get a NIN stream.

Not sure how accurate Google Translate is for the article, but the following has me hopeful:
"RTP continues to bet on an interactive window on offer to viewers , in the online broadcast everyone will have the opportunity to make their own issue of NOS Alive. Since each person can choose what you want to see in each of the six stages of the event : Stage IN , Stage Sagres , Stage IN Clubbing , EDP Fado Coffee , Stage Comedy and Bandstand."

And it seems like there may be a TV broadcast as well:
"In addition to being able to follow everything that goes on the Passeig Marítimo de Algés through the online broadcast will be able to monitor the live broadcast of the venue and the broadcast of concerts in the official channel NOS ALIVE, in a partnership between RTP and NOS, available on position 700 of the channel grid."

Looking at the schedule, NIN are on "Stage IN" Thursday the 12th at 20:55 in-between Bryan Ferry & Snow Patrol.

SM Rollinger
07-09-2018, 09:23 PM
Im glad Wish is being used as an opener now, it gave a worn out song new life.

Krazy
07-09-2018, 10:49 PM
Wish should be played at every show IMHO, it’s awesome live. Does seem to be a better “break up” tune rather than an opener due to NIN sing such a diverse band song wise. If Trent wanted to he could put most “metal” bands to shame by just playing all his heaviest tunes.

That would be kind of be fun now that im picturing it.

ManBurning
07-09-2018, 11:26 PM
So we're almost guaranteed "metal" will be played and it's safe to say guest appearance by Mr. Numan himself

Called it.

m0reta
07-10-2018, 01:55 AM
Looking at the schedule, NIN are on "Stage IN" Thursday the 12th at 20:55 in-between Bryan Ferry & Snow Patrol.

Oooooohhhhh! Time for a guest mix-up perhaps and premier for 'Is Your Love Strong Enough?'

Nah! Too crazy.

icklekitty
07-10-2018, 03:02 AM
Called it.

Well I mean, that's like predicting the sky will be blue today or that politicians will say something stupid :D

fillow
07-10-2018, 07:59 AM
Live intros for 1,000,000, Burn and Mr Self Destruct in 2009 were so fucking good.

thefragile_jake
07-10-2018, 08:39 AM
Songs in rotation I hope to hear:

I'm Afraid of Americans
I Do Not Want This
Metal
Shit Mirror / Ahead of Ourselves / God Break Down the Door
Even Deeper
TDTWWA
Santicified
Something I Can Never Have
Burning Bright (Field on Fire)

Songs that could probably show up soon I hope to hear / wishful thinking:

She's Gone Away
Not Anymore
Play the Goddamned Part
Over and Out
Mr. Self Destruct
Help Me I'm in Hell
Dead Souls
Into the Void
The Line Begins to Blur
Deep
Ruiner
Please
No, You Don't
La Mer

ManBurning
07-10-2018, 12:44 PM
Well I mean, that's like predicting the sky will be blue today or that politicians will say something stupid :D

Yeah, but everyone was assuming a special guest at either RFH and/or RAH and we all know how well that panned out.

witte
07-12-2018, 06:28 AM
I dropped a message on the MAD COOL topic. My Spanish is terrible, but I understand there’s streaming and NIN is mentioned too.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

nooneimportant
07-12-2018, 07:05 AM
Looks like NIN may or may not stream from NOS Alive. I'm not sure if it'll happen or what just keep an eye out. The whole time zone thing fucks me up so I'll probably just watch it later if it does stream.

https://www.rtp.pt/play/direto/alive-palco-nos

Kid A
07-12-2018, 08:03 AM
Can we get these festivals over with already? k, thanks!

ryanmcfly
07-12-2018, 08:25 AM
Hopefully they stream it and NIN plays The Background World. I NEED a soundboard quality recording of this

TheBang
07-12-2018, 09:58 AM
I think this NOS Alive broadcast schedule means no NIN:

http://media.rtp.pt/nosalive/outros/dia-12-concertos-com-transmissao-na-rtp-play

Though it sounds like there could still be updates to the list. But, I wouldn't hold my breath.

OTOH, Mad Cool stream is confirmed:

http://www.rtve.es/television/20180712/2-mad-cool-festival-unen-fuerzas-para-difundir-cultura-emision-algunos-conciertos-esta-edicion/1763920.shtml

Kid A
07-12-2018, 10:51 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlIvmAXlQ9F/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

ryanmcfly
07-12-2018, 03:02 PM
Looks like NIN hit the stage at Nos Alive about seven minutes ago. Couldn't find anything online regarding the stream.

TheBang
07-12-2018, 05:16 PM
OTOH, Mad Cool stream is confirmed:

http://www.rtve.es/television/20180712/2-mad-cool-festival-unen-fuerzas-para-difundir-cultura-emision-algunos-conciertos-esta-edicion/1763920.shtml

So, a little more info on Saturday's stream. I think there is a high probability that it will be region restricted, so if you want to watch it live, you may want to investigate some Spanish VPN options now. The first chance to test it is tomorrow at 23:50 (local time) when Arctic Monkeys should be broadcast and streamed, I believe.

RTVE will be posting information about the stream using the hashtag: https://twitter.com/hashtag/La2esM%C3%BAsica

Finally, if there's anyone in Spain here who can capture TV broadcasts, I think 24 Horas channel will be broadcasting NIN sometime between July 23-26. A TV capture would probably be better quality than a web stream.

Edit: It looks like TunnelBear has a Spain endpoint. You get 500MB of data free, plus an extra 1GB if you tweet a link after installing it. That should be enough to stream the concert, especially at the lower resolutions.

arsenic
07-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Edit: It looks like TunnelBear has a Spain endpoint. You get 500MB of data free, plus an extra 1GB if you tweet a link after installing it. That should be enough to stream the concert, especially at the lower resolutions.

ProtonVPN (https://protonvpn.com/) recently added several servers in Spain. Those are meant for paid users, but if I'm not wrong when you create an account you should be able to test the premium servers for a week.
Additionally, ProtonMail and ProtonVPN always offer a free tier of their services, so everyone who's concerned about mass surveillance and online privacy should definitely try them out

ChipRock
07-13-2018, 03:49 AM
I don't really understand technology things, but I hope someone can work out capturing the stream from Spain. If not, I'm hoping the gap in legs for this tour means we'll get at least one full video up on the official YouTube. Is it right they were only really filming the new songs on stage? I remember seeing cameras on stage at Meltdown, but I wasn't paying that much attention to what they were doing. I do wonder though if this will just be footage to use for part of a music video, if indeed one was being filmed as per that Instagram post.

m0reta
07-13-2018, 12:17 PM
That RTVE site seems to work for me on my tablet without doing anything. Looks like this is channel where Arctic Monkeys will be played so I'll check back in about 5 hours to verify.

http://www.rtve.es/directo/la-2/

TheBang
07-13-2018, 12:51 PM
That RTVE site seems to work for me on my tablet without doing anything. Looks like this is channel where Arctic Monkeys will be played so I'll check back in about 5 hours to verify.

http://www.rtve.es/directo/la-2/
Yup, works for me for now, but they can (and do) apply region restrictions on a per-program basis, so probably best to be prepared just in case. Also, I'm not sure exactly where/how NIN is going to be streamed, because it's not going to be broadcast on one of the TV channels, but it should be similar.

m0reta
07-13-2018, 04:52 PM
Yup, works for me for now, but they can (and do) apply region restrictions on a per-program basis, so probably best to be prepared just in case. Also, I'm not sure exactly where/how NIN is going to be streamed, because it's not going to be broadcast on one of the TV channels, but it should be similar.

Copyright confirmed. No streamy w/o some fakin'. :-)

arsenic
07-13-2018, 04:59 PM
Copyright confirmed. No streamy w/o some fakin'. :-)

Using a Spanish VPN does not help, the stream is simply not available online

TheBang
07-13-2018, 05:09 PM
Using a Spanish VPN does not help, the stream is simply not available online
Nope. The Arctic Monkeys stream is working for me using TunnelBear, so it appears that it is region restricted, and I imagine NIN will be also.

arsenic
07-13-2018, 05:34 PM
Nope. The Arctic Monkeys stream is working for me using TunnelBear, so it appears that it is region restricted, and I imagine NIN will be also.

you're right, it's now working for me as well using ProtonVPN. I tuned in a bit too early I guess

sinspots
07-13-2018, 05:37 PM
you're right, it's now working for me as well using ProtonVPN. I tuned in a bit too early I guess

Thanks, will try this. I don't know why festivals don't just do a low priced pay-per-view option to up their revenues.