PDA

View Full Version : Who Is America?

elevenism
07-13-2018, 05:39 PM
I was excited that Sacha Baron Cohen is taking on Donald Trump 's America in a new series, but then I saw this: https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/exclusive-sarah-palin-speaks-duped-spoof-interview-sacha/story?id=56555437 :p :p :p

He got Sarah Palin. Apparently he also got Sheriff Joe, Roy Moore, and Duck Cheney among others.

And now I'm BEYOND excited. Sunday can't come soon enough.

Harry Seaward
07-13-2018, 06:20 PM
Duck Cheney

https://i.imgur.com/gQYtWPP.png

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-15-2018, 03:23 PM
Caught the clip going around about “Kinder Guardians.” This shit is GOLD.

Deepvoid
07-15-2018, 03:34 PM
Here's the clip for those who haven't seen it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkXeMoBPSDk&index=2&list=LLRGPC8d0xbwVOEiv DIdOMGQ&t=0s

Sarah K
07-15-2018, 07:24 PM
Keep waiting for him to say it was a double reverse troll or something that they were in on. Because how in the FUCK?

imail724
07-15-2018, 09:21 PM
I'm so happy this show exists.

elevenism
07-16-2018, 08:25 AM
I actually felt bad for the art dealer: she was pretty damn hip.

The first three segments were ok I guess, but dear GOD the last one was hilarious.

eachpassingphase
07-16-2018, 01:40 PM
"Essentially, like owls, they can see in slow motion"

When Wiz Khalifa was brought up I nearly peed my pants.

sonic_discord
07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Oh my god, this is amazing. It's almost too good to be true. How could these people possibly take him seriously?? The fact that he gets all of those republicans to back Kinder Guardians is mind-boggling. Like it's hilarious, but then when you start to think about how these people are the ones in control of the country, it suddenly becomes pretty scary, too. Can't wait to see the segments featuring Sarah Palin (who I absolutely loathe), Dick Cheney, Joe Arpaio, and Roy Moore...

Sarah K
07-16-2018, 04:25 PM
ALSO - How in the fuck are the handlers of these politicians not vetting these meetings well enough to catch this shit? That is the biggest mystery.

Wretchedest
07-16-2018, 04:48 PM
Honestly those middle two segments were fucking terrible. No comedic or political value there.

I guess they can't all be gold. That last one really is though

miss k bee
07-16-2018, 06:18 PM
Only caught the last part.. wow unbelievable!

Emil Dorbell
07-18-2018, 04:11 AM
Kinder Guardians was great, but the rest of the show sucked unfortunately. It was too unbelievable to be funny imo. How could anyone possibly be fooled when he shows a printed explanation of how to fit the 99% into the 1%, for example? The art segment is funny if you think poop is funny, I guess. There’s plenty of idiocy to expose in the art world, “poop is art” is such low hanging fruit.

I also hated those “pause for laughter” moments.

icklekitty
07-23-2018, 04:36 PM
The second episode is just as incredible.

Jinsai
07-24-2018, 12:10 AM
Holy shit... this is so depressing

Deadpool
07-24-2018, 01:21 AM
Nathan Fielder was one of the directors on episode 2!! Amazing. I need to know which segment.

(he was also credited as a consulting producer on episode 1)

This show is fucking bonkers. I have *howled* in laughter and, especially after episode 2, been utterly gobsmacked by how explicitly it shows America's poison heart.

Jinsai
07-24-2018, 02:59 AM
Just... Just HOW IS THIS FUCKING REAL?!?!??!?!

Space Suicide
07-24-2018, 06:24 AM
I’ll watch it.

In other words lolololololol tl;dr America suckz0rz

neorev
07-25-2018, 03:00 PM
Just... Just HOW IS THIS FUCKING REAL?!?!??!?!

Oh, it's real lol
With real consequences...

US Politician Resigns After Saying N Word On Sacha Baron Cohen's Who Is America...
https://www.nme.com/news/us-politician-resigns-after-saying-n-word-on-sacha-baron-cohens-who-is-america-2359089

A win in my book :)

Louie_Cypher
07-25-2018, 04:12 PM
the right is a usual complaining that they were dumped, what i find funny is Bernie was also interviewed and totally saw through the gag i think most of them were total susceptible because they were offered lodging and a chance to be on TV, i believe to be the case with Walsh and especially Palin who everyone knows is a grifting media whore she even acknowledged the offer came through her speakers bureau which is basically as as an agent for politicians so she might have thought she was going to get paid and in the trump era any amount of celebrity make you viable as a politician her claim that Sacha posed as a vet is disingenuous and verified with a simple web search with Obama gone she really have no viable means of media attraction hence income she was a political one trick pony which is no longer viable the right knows it's core demographic is dying off which is why they are moving towards tactics such as gerrymandering and voter suppression and attacks on minorities, the trump attacks on immigrants are much more about how they vote than anything else the youth of America tend to be moving to more progressive ideas some that the democrats need to acknowledge
-louie

Jinsai
08-05-2018, 10:20 PM
wow, I can't remember the last time I laughed hysterically at something the way I did at the bit w/ Joe Arpaio.

eachpassingphase
08-05-2018, 10:50 PM
My man Grandpa Bernie was not having any of that character's shit. I about peed my pants watching Sanders' eyes dart back and forth like "what is this idiot talking about?"

Deepvoid
08-06-2018, 03:57 PM
My mind is being blown away every week. This show is freaking amazing. Glad that asshole Jason Spencer resigned. Good riddance.

Harry Seaward
08-06-2018, 04:24 PM
the right is a usual complaining that they were dumped, what i find funny is Bernie was also interviewed and totally saw through the gag i think most of them were total susceptible because they were offered lodging and a chance to be on TV, i believe to be the case with Walsh and especially Palin who everyone knows is a grifting media whore she even acknowledged the offer came through her speakers bureau which is basically as as an agent for politicians so she might have thought she was going to get paid and in the trump era any amount of celebrity make you viable as a politician her claim that Sacha posed as a vet is disingenuous and verified with a simple web search with Obama gone she really have no viable means of media attraction hence income she was a political one trick pony which is no longer viable the right knows it's core demographic is dying off which is why they are moving towards tactics such as gerrymandering and voter suppression and attacks on minorities, the trump attacks on immigrants are much more about how they vote than anything else the youth of America tend to be moving to more progressive ideas some that the democrats need to acknowledge
-louie

This is why more people needed to vote for Bernie. Trump was elected President and now my man Louie_Cypher can't afford even one single goddamned period for his 213 word sentence.

Louie_Cypher
08-06-2018, 04:42 PM
This is why more people needed to vote for Bernie. Trump was elected President and now my man Louie_Cypher can't afford even one single goddamned period for his 213 word sentence.noted I'll make a better effort to better my use of pincuation
-Louie

sonic_discord
08-06-2018, 05:17 PM
@Harry Seaward (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=148) I lol'd

noted I'll make a better effort to better my use of pincuation

Not sure if intentional, but the irony is palpable.

Jinsai
08-19-2018, 11:59 PM
I've found every episode so far to have something shocking and incredible, so I guess it's about time that we got an episode that was a big let down full of nothing.You can't have every episode be a home run, but there was really nothing in this episode that held up alongside the weaker scenes from previous episodes. The ex-convict chef part was ok I guess, but I dunno... that was a disappointment.

M1ke
08-20-2018, 02:25 PM
Caught the clip going around about “Kinder Guardians.” This shit is GOLD.

How can this possibly be real life?

These people are elected officials, and they're getting excited about the idea of arming children.

What the fuck is wrong with this world?