PDA

View Full Version : What are you playing?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

TimA
12-29-2011, 04:34 PM
I reckon this subforum could be doing with one of these threads for general gaming recommendations (or not).

I have far too many games and flick between several at any one time. I seem to have become bored with Skyrim after about 50 hours and finishing the main quest line, so I've gone back to a few flight sims with Rise of Flight and DCS: A-10C Warthog, which are probably the two best combat flight sims on the market at the moment.

I also picked up Unity of Command (http://unityofcommand.net) after itching to play an operational level wargame, but far too intimidated by Gary Grigsby's War in the East. It really is an entry-level wargame, takes a matter of minutes to learn but is incredibly deep. The supply system is elegant and satisfying. It seems to be getting a great reception from respected journalists (http://flashofsteel.com/index.php/2011/12/22/three-moves-ahead-episode-148-unity-of-command).

Also picked up The Binding of Isaac ​in the Steam sale. Great value, so far.

I still have Dark Souls sitting in its box in my drawer. Would really like to get in and see what the fuss is all about, but I hardly ever turn on my PS3. If only they would port these games to a more suitable platform :P

sentient02970
12-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Skyrim. A lot.

theburningreptile
12-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Just beat Splinter Cell: Conviction. I remember the first game being really hard and addicting. I had stopped playing the rest of them but picked up this one and I love it. It's easier then the first one, from what I remember but it's still really fun. Well the last few levels got somewhat difficult. Oh well, I'm going to be playing the co-op with my brother. WOO.

kdrcraig
01-10-2012, 07:39 AM
I got back into L.A. Noire over the weekend. Had already 5 starred all the cases but needed to find all the collectibles. Without a guide I don't think I would've been able to find a single one of the gold film reels, those things were ridiculously well hidden. A few of the cars were a pain in the ass to find as well.

Space Suicide
01-12-2012, 07:32 PM
http://cdn0.spong.com/pack/b/u/bulletstor340400l/_-Bulletstorm-Xbox-360-_.jpg

Picked it up for $19.99 brand new. oddly the game is slightly shy of a year old and was $60.00 then. I got the Epic Edition and I have my Gears of War 3 Beta Invitation that came with it! Wow...I'm only about a year too late. LOL.

I don't know why people dislike Bulletstorm, I enjoyed it a great deal when I beat it last summer and I do now replaying it a second time. I'm giving my time to Echo Missions and the multiplayer Anarchy mode, which i did not the first go around as I borrowed it from a friend then. I'm mopping up for achievements...got 27 out of 60 so far. I'd love to buy the DLC but it is a bit more pricier than what I would like to pay. 800 MSP for each of them and there's two, Blood Symphony and Gun Sonata. Maybe someday...

xmd 5a
01-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Got quite a bit on the go at the moment:

Lord of the Rings: War in the North- Playing co-op with my wife. Great fun with a surprisingly existent story.

ArcaniA: Gothic 4- Heard some bad word of mouth about this one, but I found it cheap in a bargain bin and thought I'd give it a try. It's not terrible and I'm into it enough that I feel like finishing it, but it's nothing too special.

Shadows of the Damned- Only about 30mins in at this stage. Seems fun/funny.

Resonance of Fate- I can't get my head around how the battle system works. I'll probably be a lot more into it once I figure it out.

MAD
01-13-2012, 08:30 AM
NightSky, Shank, Super Meat Boy, Max and the Magic Marker, Fractal, Trine, BF3, BF BC2, Borderlands, CSS, Left4Dead2, Portal 2, Age of Mythology, Wings of Prey, Orcs Must Die!, Revenge of The Titans, Anomaly Warzone Earth.

In the last week. I only play them for half an hour, then do other things. I get bored fast.

Space Suicide
01-16-2012, 06:44 PM
I love Sam's Club. Got this new for $26.96 there!

http://bybygames.com/images/RageAnarchyEditionXBOX360.jpg

darktemplar007
01-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Civilizations 5, Gears of War 3, Geomoetry Wars 1 and 2 (been trying to get the last achievements I need for them).

Also picked up the PSP remake of Tactics Ogre today. Pretty stoked.

liquidcalm
01-28-2012, 12:59 PM
I just played Wipeout 2048 in town, was really impressed, so much so I pre-ordered a Vita. This said, I'm a Wipeout fanboy. So that was probably going to happen sooner or later.

Otherwise I just got Sins of a Solar Empire off steam and am about to dig in.

darktemplar007
01-28-2012, 01:32 PM
I just played Wipeout 2048 in town, was really impressed, so much so I pre-ordered a Vita. This said, I'm a Wipeout fanboy. So that was probably going to happen sooner or later.

Otherwise I just got Sins of a Solar Empire off steam and am about to dig in.

Sins is awesome. I fucking love that game so hard.

Bonedwarf
01-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Bought Sins and all expansions and yet have actually not played it yet! And I bought it when it first came out!

Right now I'm into (on PC)

rFactor 2
Skyrim
Saints Row The Third
Dawn of War II
Football Manager 2012

Plus all the usual Paradox Interactive brain candy.

xmd 5a
01-29-2012, 02:06 AM
The Darkness II demo. Holy shit can't wait for this game.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-29-2012, 01:30 PM
I've been playing a lot of PSone classics lately and man does it bring you back.

Dead Space 1 & 2 - Geez these games are fantastic. It's like Resident Evil in space, but a lot more scarier in my opinion. Just beat both games, now trying to get some ridiculously hard trophies.

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3 Yes they are pretty straight forward games, but trying to get every gem and box in every level is pretty dam challenging. Why they haven't made a reboot for this game is beyond me.

Earthworm Jim

Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone Wayy better than the first. Fun, but still tons of flaws. Trophies are freaking annoying as fuck to get.

Chrono Trigger Fucking love this game. Probably one of the best and most forgotten Rpg's out there.

Hula
01-29-2012, 02:11 PM
I got back into L.A. Noire over the weekend. Had already 5 starred all the cases but needed to find all the collectibles. Without a guide I don't think I would've been able to find a single one of the gold film reels, those things were ridiculously well hidden. A few of the cars were a pain in the ass to find as well.

Getting 100% in this would've been such a bitch without Rockstar's social club stats. It made things infinitely easier once they added a way to track which cars you'd already found.

Currently playing Alan Wake at the moment; I was playing Fallout: New Vegas and Mafia II before that and I've been meaning to pick up Mass Effect again before the new game arrives in March. It's only recently that I've had too many games too play and too little time—I used to be disappointed with the selection of games the Xbox had to offer 'til I started branching out into FPS.

liquidcalm
01-30-2012, 02:17 AM
I've been playing a lot of PSone classics lately and man does it bring you back.

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3 Yes they are pretty straight forward games, but trying to get every gem and box in every level is pretty dam challenging. Why they haven't made a reboot for this game is beyond me.

Chrono Trigger Fucking love this game. Probably one of the best and most forgotten Rpg's out there.

I'm pretty sure Chrono Trigger hasn't been forgotten about, its available on just about every platform out there! No argument that its very good though! The Wii Ware versions was given top marks from a load of sites not so long ago.

<3 Crash Bandicoot too. those first 3 games (especially 2 +3) were some of the defining moments on the Playstation for me. They did do a 'reboot' a few years back, however it wasn't great. The trouble is the rights have passed through a load of different publishers and I think it is now in the hands of Activision (dun-dun DUN). Would be nice though! A year or so I remeber reading a few really long accounts from one of the developers about the creation of Crash and 2. It was awesome.

Anyway...

I've been playing a ton of Eufloria, I'm horribly addicted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBXpNpwDFzw

I do still have Dark Souls to work through, and Deus Ex, and loads of things, but I'd rather play simple, slightly abstract strategy..Its on iPad I think, but I got it in the PSN sale for fairly cheap.

Carpathian Psychonaut
01-30-2012, 02:43 AM
Zelda: Skyward Sword

About 28 hours in and wondering how an old console that could produce a masterpiece such as this was ever allowed to die. As much as I know the way Zelda mechanics work (go round everywhere, collect new tool, go round everywhere again, collect new weapon, go round everywhere....) it's still dragged me in and just won't let go.

Just shows that when people got the use of the two controllers right (sadly, more miss than hit over the years) there really was nothing to touch it.

TimA
01-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Football Manager 2012, mostly. Binding of Isaac occasionally, still a fantastic game.

Also, this is one of the best game trailers ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7ajukUlRKdA

sentient02970
01-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Football Manager 2012, mostly. Binding of Isaac occasionally, still a fantastic game.

Agreed, saw this the other day and was amazed.

Jinsai
01-30-2012, 04:11 PM

forgotten? Chrono Trigger is commonly considered one of the best RPGs ever made.

I'm currently playing through Shadows of the Damned. It's a fun game, but it's maybe a little too easy, and the juvenile humor is occasionally cringe worthy. Definitely underrated though, considering that it was one of the biggest gaming flops of all time. Even considering that it's hard to recommend purchasing it though, since you can beat the game in less than seven hours...

MAD
01-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Need For Speed: Most Wanted.

Yes, I have The Run, but until I upgrade my PC I will not touch the case again.

I really forgot how much of a race addict I am. It's also the first time I play my own racing games with a controller... as in not at work.

Bonedwarf
01-31-2012, 05:45 PM

Nice to meet a fellow player. Where are you managing? I'm in Mexico right now.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-31-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm pretty sure Chrono Trigger hasn't been forgotten about, its available on just about every platform out there! No argument that its very good though! The Wii Ware versions was given top marks from a load of sites not so long ago.

I only say forgotten because of personal interactions I guess. I know it is widely available, but I figured it would get a lot more praise or even another sequel after Chrono Cross (which also kicked major ass) was released. I guess I am not keeping my ears open enough :p

<3 Crash Bandicoot too. those first 3 games (especially 2 +3) were some of the defining moments on the Playstation for me. They did do a 'reboot' a few years back, however it wasn't great. The trouble is the rights have passed through a load of different publishers and I think it is now in the hands of Activision (dun-dun DUN). Would be nice though! A year or so I remeber reading a few really long accounts from one of the developers about the creation of Crash and 2. It was awesome.

I don't remember a reboot of any kind though. I looked it up and there were A LOT of sequels on the PS2 and odd enough, I never heard of any of them besides "Crash 4: The Wrath of Cortex", and I didn't even play that game. A current generation console reboot would be nice, but I feel it will just turn into another Sonic episode of making a lot of forgettable games. Sucks about the rights though, I know that Crash back in the day was Naughty Dogs baby.

So I am guessing Eufloria is worth buying? I know a lot of Pixle Junks games are great. I almost bought this about 4 times.

Iran_Ed
01-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Currently cycling through Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed 2, Fallout New Vegas, and Beyond Good and Evil HD.

TimA
02-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Nice to meet a fellow player. Where are you managing? I'm in Mexico right now.

I've never been good at football management games, and I'm not even in to football that much, but I do like the idea of building up a small team from the bare bones. Really impressed with FM2012 so far, only had it about a week and I've put about 21 hours in. Downloaded some extra leagues and started off with Glossop North End AFC, since they're reasonably local to me, they are in the North-West Counties Premier division. Just finished my first season in 11th place. Reasonable.

Chris_CDN
02-01-2012, 03:06 PM
I just logged into Battle.net after a long hiatus and noticed I have a Diablo III beta invite!

Maurish
02-01-2012, 03:49 PM
I just logged into Battle.net after a long hiatus and noticed I have a Diablo III beta invite!
A huge wave of beta keys went out yesterday evening. Sadly, most of them were only for people in NA.

Space Suicide
02-04-2012, 11:26 AM
I have Bats on the brain.

http://download.xbox.com/content/images/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802534307f6/1033/boxartlg.jpg http://download.xbox.com/content/images/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80257520802/1033/boxartlg.jpg

liquidcalm
02-05-2012, 07:25 AM
I only say forgotten because of personal interactions I guess. I know it is widely available, but I figured it would get a lot more praise or even another sequel after Chrono Cross (which also kicked major ass) was released. I guess I am not keeping my ears open enough :p

I don't remember a reboot of any kind though. I looked it up and there were A LOT of sequels on the PS2 and odd enough, I never heard of any of them besides "Crash 4: The Wrath of Cortex", and I didn't even play that game. A current generation console reboot would be nice, but I feel it will just turn into another Sonic episode of making a lot of forgettable games. Sucks about the rights though, I know that Crash back in the day was Naughty Dogs baby.

So I am guessing Eufloria is worth buying? I know a lot of Pixle Junks games are great. I almost bought this about 4 times.

Eufloria is a lot like a mix of PJ Monsters, Mushroom Wars and the graphics of PJ Eden. There is a demo on PSN, and a PC demo, ipad version. its slow paced but I like that lately.

The most next gen Crash Bandicoot got was something on the 360, I vaguely recall playing a demo, but yet, I don't see him coming back anytime soon. If someone gave me Crash 2 in HD I was kiss them. Oddly tho, it is still really playable (at least to me) and I think it looks great.

The Metal Gear Solid Collection is on its way to me. Pumped to play Peace walker on something that isn't going to hurt my hand after an hour (aww PSP.. I can't stay mad at you.. but stick to RPGs...)

kdrcraig
02-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Finally got around to playing Flow yesterday. Don't like it as much as Flower but it's still pretty awesome, thatgamecompany makes very unique games. Can't wait until Journey releases.

Space Suicide
02-06-2012, 09:34 PM
http://www.everyeye.it/public/covers/23022011/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution_Xbox360_cover.jpg

Piko
02-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Went back and started playing street fighter again. Oh good times. Good times.

Torgo
02-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Rayman: Origins

This is a pretty fun little game. The graphics are really unique and beautiful / I enjoy the gameplay, even though it's a pretty standard side-scroller.

liquidcalm
02-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Metal gear HD Collection!

Damn, Metal Gear Solid 2 has... aged... I still enjoy it, but damn... I think if I was coming to the series now I'd be throwing my controller down and shouting at the screen. "Jack Do you remember what day it is tomorrow?" "ARGH!"

Metal Gear 3 however remains amazing and I'm glad its the Subsistence version with the free camera.

kdrcraig
02-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Started the campaign of Battlefield 3 yesterday, nothing special so far.

poinoup
02-15-2012, 11:21 AM
A friend and I are going through Champions of Norrath for the PS2 again. Ah, classic.

nemesiswontdie
02-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Metal gear HD Collection!

Damn, Metal Gear Solid 2 has... aged... I still enjoy it, but damn... I think if I was coming to the series now I'd be throwing my controller down and shouting at the screen. "Jack Do you remember what day it is tomorrow?" "ARGH!"

Metal Gear 3 however remains amazing and I'm glad its the Subsistence version with the free camera.

I picked up the HD collection at the midnight release for it (the looks I got when I picked it up instead of MW3 still make me laugh) and when I got hope I went straight for MGS3 and I was blown away by how good the jungle looks and all of your surroundings.

I am currently playing Dragon Age: Origins on PC with some mods here and there. Mostly just armor mods and the mod that lets you skip the fade (I owe the guy who made this mod a hug, the fade SUCKS) and I've also been playing some Saints Row The Third here and there as well.

kdrcraig
02-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Threw in God of War Chains of Olympus from the Origins collection on PS3 again last night. Was playing it before on Hard and got stuck, got right past that part and up to the last boss fight, then immediately got my ass kicked. Had to give up for the night. I think I'm gonna play through all these games in order seeing as how I haven't played Ghost of Sparta yet and still need to plat the second one.

Jinsai
02-23-2012, 11:48 AM
been playing lots of Soul Calibur V. These last two trophies are ridiculous grindfests though.

frankie teardrop
02-23-2012, 12:46 PM
nostalgic romps through the xbox arcade ports of doom and doom II have left me rather satisfied.

october_midnight
02-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Playing LAN games of Doom II and Duke Nukem 3D (especially the Hotel Hell map) killed many, many hours for my friends and I in junior high. And Age of Empires II: Conquerors expansion...holy shit.

kdrcraig
02-24-2012, 07:09 AM
Bought Super Stardust Delta for Vita last night and love it. Makes me think I should buy Super Stardust HD for PS3.

xmd 5a
02-25-2012, 04:32 AM
Finished the Darkness II main campaign twice now and currently working on the Vendetta stuff. Great fun game, if not quite as amazing as the first.

Space Suicide
02-26-2012, 01:30 AM
http://www.everyeye.it/public/covers/23022011/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution_Xbox360_cover.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Xd7Ho4kxdrk/TyLHydQ0poI/AAAAAAAAB2s/TNGb-SMUPQw/s1600/crysis2cov.jpg

Harry Seaward
02-26-2012, 01:34 AM
Pokemon FireRed, niggas.

Torgo
02-26-2012, 02:24 AM
Pokemon FireRed, niggas.

That's shit's crazy, man. Fucking Pokemon. Fucking awesome.

liquidcalm
02-26-2012, 05:05 AM
back on Saints Row: The Third
co-op is bloody great. Not quite as good as 2 but certainly a whole ton of fun.

kdrcraig
02-27-2012, 07:12 AM
Plants vs. Zombies on the Vita is awesome

Piko
02-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Finished playing Syndicate last night. I had fun with it. Story was kinda missing. But the breach mechanic was amazing. I hear co-op is where it's at. So maybe later. And while I do that, I've been (slowly) digging through Skyrim. And, I started New Vegas again. Keeping busy until ME3 comes out.

Conan The Barbarian
02-29-2012, 12:09 PM
the darkness 2. I beat it a few days ago, and that is my only gripe, short campaign. other than that I love this series to death. I hope they make a third.

virushopper
02-29-2012, 08:25 PM
I whipped out my old NES and started playing Zelda again!

bgalbraith
02-29-2012, 09:16 PM
I whipped out my old NES and started playing Zelda again!

Nice! I just ran through it the other day. First quest only though

Space Suicide
03-07-2012, 09:57 PM
http://www.barkman.com/product_images/k/571/Mass-Effect-3-CE-X360-Packshot__29625_zoom.jpg

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/alan-wake-american-nightmare.jpg

nemesiswontdie
03-07-2012, 09:58 PM
NFL Blitz from the PSN store. God I loved this game on the N64. Too bad you can't tackle people after the plays like you could in the old days though. Oh well, still fun though.

liquidcalm
03-08-2012, 02:10 AM
played and beat Journey with a stranger last night.
Wow.. just. wow. I Almost cried at the end. It's also stunning to look at, the screenshots do nothing to show just how incredible the latter parts of the game, even some parts in the middle, look and feel.

Hula
03-08-2012, 02:48 AM
http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/alan-wake-american-nightmare.jpg

Any good? I loved Alan Wake enough to buy it for myself when I'd already cleared it on a loan.

Space Suicide
03-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Any good? I loved Alan Wake enough to buy it for myself when I'd already cleared it on a loan.

Yes it is. Beautiful change of pace for the setting, tighter gameplay, more insightful to the series and a nice little storyline. Worth it.

nemesiswontdie
03-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Persona 3 on my PSP. I am liking it so far but I still think P4 is a million times better. Anyone here interested in the P4 fighting game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlEmFBuzK-g

Beef of the Sea
03-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Metal Gear HD Collection:

Anyone have this on Xbox? I don't know many people who do and wouldn't mind some other mofo's to crash through this with.

Space Suicide
03-12-2012, 07:18 AM

Anyone have this on Xbox? I don't know many people who do and wouldn't mind some other mofo's to crash through this with.

I do, what do you explicitly mean by crash with? The Peace Walker co-op?

I'm game.

Piko
03-12-2012, 09:06 AM

I'm game.

It should be co-op. Almost sure the PSP version was/is. Since I finished ME3, been dabbling with the multiplayer and juggling that with Street Fighter X Tekken. I'm not really familiar with the tekken characters though. Haven't really played a tekken game since the second one. So, safe to say, there's a learning curve. Weird, since I've known the SF movesets since SF2 first came out.

novacide
03-12-2012, 10:47 PM
I Am Alive. Wow. Awesome. Rad. Best.

xmd 5a
03-13-2012, 07:16 AM

Yeah. About halfway through MGS2 and have started Peace Walker. Currently playing ME3 but MGSHD is at the top of my priority list once I'm done.

Piko
03-13-2012, 08:42 AM

Really? I've heard a lot of negative things about that one. Downloaded the demo, but have yet to play it.

Space Suicide
03-13-2012, 08:46 AM
Really? I've heard a lot of negative things about that one. Downloaded the demo, but have yet to play it.

I'm reading mixed things on it. It seems like it could be amusing and fun but...

kdrcraig
03-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Played Journey last night, only took 2 hours to beat. It was pretty damn awesome though, I can see myself playing through it a ton of times. The trophies could be a bitch to get so that will keep me going. Having a co-op where you can't actually communicate with each other except for a symbol and different sounds makes it pretty damn interesting. It's pretty neat that the person can leave your game and then a few minutes later someone else will probably join. Very beautiful graphics as well.

Torgo
03-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Played Journey last night, only took 2 hours to beat. It was pretty damn awesome though, I can see myself playing through it a ton of times. The trophies could be a bitch to get so that will keep me going. Having a co-op where you can't actually communicate with each other except for a symbol and different sounds makes it pretty damn interesting. It's pretty neat that the person can leave your game and then a few minutes later someone else will probably join. Very beautiful graphics as well.

Just played this last night too. It was pretty incredible. It reminded me a lot of Flower, but it was definitely it's own universe that you became a part of. I played multiplayer and experienced a strange bonding experience with them, even though we communicated with the white light power ups (or whatever you would call it). It was pretty weird and a uniquely amazing experience.

theburningreptile
03-18-2012, 05:00 PM
I just started playing Skyrim again. Level 6 now. So far I've become a werewolf, completed the Companions main quests. Main Story: I have to go visit the Greybeards. I also completed the College of Winterhold main quests last night. Being a Mage is so fun. Now I will probably just explore. EXPLORE ALL THE THINGS.

Beef of the Sea
03-18-2012, 05:54 PM

I'm game.

Yeah, CO-Op on 360 would be great, GT is "K1ng Thom4s"

Piko
03-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Operation Raccoon City. Not nearly as bad as a lot critics are calling than a 2/5. Only played two campaign missions. But, I had fun. Also picked up the silent hill collection. Probably try that out in a few.

Iran_Ed
03-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Yesterday was my birthday, so I decided to play through Journey. At the end I cried, and it wasn't one of those something in my eyes cry. I had to put the controller down and try to regain composure. I wasn't expecting the game to be a sort of Penrose stairs paradox on life and death. If you ever get a chance to, I suggest reading Jenova Chen's thesis. I believe he's one of the most forward thinking developers in the gaming industry. He can take my money any day.

kdrcraig
03-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Yesterday was my birthday, so I decided to play through Journey. At the end I cried, and it wasn't one of those something in my eyes cry. I had to put the controller down and try to regain composure. I wasn't expecting the game to be a sort of Penrose stairs paradox on life and death. If you ever get a chance to, I suggest reading Jenova Chen's thesis. I believe he's one of the most forward thinking developers in the gaming industry. He can take my money any day.

I thought Journey was an amazing game but I didn't get the emotional experience from it that a lot of people seem to. It is something I'll go back to and play every once in a while, it being a 2 hour or less game helps with that.

virushopper
03-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Fired up the old Dreamcast and wasted my time on Crazy Taxi!

Iran_Ed
03-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I thought Journey was an amazing game but I didn't get the emotional experience from it that a lot of people seem to. It is something I'll go back to and play every once in a while, it being a 2 hour or less game helps with that.

I wasn't expecting to get emotional over the game. I think for me it was the first time a game that promised to be an experience that transcends gaming culture delivered. It made me think back to when Heavy Rain came out and David Cage was proclaiming himself the king of emotional connection in games. To me Heavy Rain tries to make you feel for the characters, and ends up falling face flat with it's own ignorance. I made a post about this on my Tumblr Wednesday. All the gloss in the world will never overtake the power of imaginative simplicity. I think of Thatgamecompany in the same way that I think of some of my favorite bands. A collective of like minded individuals who are working toward a common goal without letting the pop culture around them dictate their decision making. Along with Team Ico they are making the kinds of games that I wish were more prevalent. I shall now wait for The Last Guardian with baited breath.

Harry Seaward
03-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Just started up Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days the other night. Pretty fun so far.

Space Suicide
04-09-2012, 04:34 PM
http://technomondo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/619314_195329_front.jpg

bruised
04-14-2012, 05:26 PM

Yeah, this. What a cool demo, thinking about buying it. Also I'm playing through silent hill and shift 2, both free this month on ps+.

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Is it fun? I got the demo and haven't played it yet, but I read some nasty reviews for it early on. I hope it's as good as I hoped it would be. :D

Currently playing Vanquish. YEEEEEEEEEEEAH! Total shoot 'em up goodness. And totally not some kind of Gears of War/Halo ripoff. In no way, shape, or form...

Shnoorum
04-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Switching between Fez and Kingdoms of Amular. Fez has a pretty awesome soundtrack.

I played the I AM Alive demo and while I really hated the climbing aspect of the game, the way you interact with people was pretty awesome. Will probably pick it up but only when its on some sort of sale.

Beef of the Sea
04-15-2012, 08:43 PM
I bought Battlefield 3 on Friday and haven't slept since.

Just. One. More. Map.

Shnoorum
04-15-2012, 09:16 PM
I bought Battlefield 3 on Friday and haven't slept since.

Just. One. More. Map.

Took me a while to get into it and then suddenly it sucked me right in. Haven't played it for a while though, really need to get back into it

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-15-2012, 11:28 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b0/Castle_Crashers_cover.jpg

Castle Crashers! I fucking love this game. From the animation which is amazing, down to the little score in the game makes it really enjoyable. Level ups, a lot of different weapons, magic.. everything that I love crammed into a really fun and addicting game. It is more fun with 4 player at home as apposed to playing online with other people. Everyone just looks out for themselves, but other than that I am loving this game so far.

zihark
04-16-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm currently wasting my precious free time to "Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn" on Wii. Recently beat "Kirby Mass Attack" on DS.

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Is it fun? I got the demo and haven't played it yet, but I read some nasty reviews for it early on. I hope it's as good as I hoped it would be. :D

Currently playing Vanquish. YEEEEEEEEEEEAH! Total shoot 'em up goodness. And totally not some kind of Gears of War/Halo ripoff. In no way, shape, or form...

THESE FUCKING CREDITS ARE THE FUCKING WORST.

First off, you can't skip them, at all. Then, right after the closing cinematic, there's a mini game where you shoot meteors that have the staff's name and picture on them. You only shoot about 5 to 8 at a time, but after each set, the game stops for a second to display those same names together in a list for about 10 seconds. This keeps up about 500 times, and by the time you get to the director and the mini game/credits end....They start screen rolling the exact same fucking credits!!!

Shnoorum
04-16-2012, 11:43 AM
THESE FUCKING CREDITS ARE THE FUCKING WORST.

First off, you can't skip them, at all. Then, right after the closing cinematic, there's a mini game where you shoot meteors that have the staff's name and picture on them. You only shoot about 5 to 8 at a time, but after each set, the game stops for a second to display those same names together in a list for about 10 seconds. This keeps up about 500 times, and by the time you get to the director and the mini game/credits end....They start screen rolling the exact same fucking credits!!!

What game are you referring to? That sounds just... Just wrong

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-16-2012, 11:55 AM
What game are you referring to? That sounds just... Just wrong

Vanquish. I rented it after seeing a clip of it in another video I was watching.

It's a blast to blow through it on easy and just fuck things up left and right, but the plot is kinda weak and the dialogue is trash, and the credits were just icing on the cake. If the gameplay wasn't so fun, I wouldn't pick it up again. But I'll give it one more playthrough for trophies, take it back early, and leave it at that. Luckily, the campaign is also hella short. Taking my time, I beat it in 6 hours, so I can probably take it back before I go to work. Usually I can stretch out games like this for twice that long.

Shnoorum
04-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Ah right. I own the game but never got round to completing it. It is good fun but generally need deeper gameplay in order to keep my attention. I'll get round to completing it someday and see those horrifying sounding credits.

kdrcraig
04-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Started playing Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational yesterday and love it, makes me wish I would've started playing this series a lot earlier.

getbonus
04-20-2012, 12:29 AM
WipEout 2048, fucking up the global combat ranking. Good fun.

All Vita -- Half-Minute Hero, Motorstorm RC, Pinball Arcade Vita, StarDrone Extreme, Alpha Mission.

Final Fantasy XIII-2.

sentient02970
04-20-2012, 12:36 AM
Ghost recon future soldier beta is a hell of a lot m.ore fun than I expected

Madmya
04-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Fez.

Sooooo awesome.

darktemplar007
04-20-2012, 07:48 AM
^ Fez is awesome.

The Diablo 3 Beta (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/20/diablo-iii-beta-open-for-all-this-weekend/) is open to everyone this coming weekend.

Beef of the Sea
04-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Have been playing Blacklight: Retribution, it's surprisingly good.

TimA
04-20-2012, 12:13 PM
http://www.humblebundle.com/

Go and buy this right now.

Botanicula is the new one and it's wonderful. I've spent the whole time with it, so far, grinning like an idiot.

Rakataz
04-20-2012, 12:55 PM
still playing the Binding Of Isaac to get everything.
and Legend Of Grimrock. if you like old school dungeon crawling like Dungeon Master, then you'll love it.

Jinsai
04-20-2012, 05:04 PM
I've been playing way too much of Tales of Innocence R for the Vita. This game is amazing, and it would be a real shame if they never brought it out in America.

Piko
04-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Witcher 2. Having a hard time with it. Very cool game though.

emmalong
04-20-2012, 09:18 PM
blades of time now , nice fun hack and slash rpg

Space Suicide
04-21-2012, 12:24 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WNRvCcEx9bM/TqvQ0qhas5I/AAAAAAAAFPs/bp6bmQCkpGg/s400/Silent+Hill+Homecoming+%255BXbox+360%255D.jpg

xmd 5a
04-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Witcher 2. Having a hard time with it. Very cool game though.

This. Having difficulty getting into it, but it seems like an interesting game. Though it's early days, so it may yet dig its hooks in.

Torgo
04-21-2012, 03:35 AM
I've had the Diablo III beta for a while, but haven't been able to play through it until today. I didn't play the previous game - so I have no clue what's going on, but I found my first go at it with a Wizard pretty fun. If anyone wants to have a go with me, my battletag is "Torgo#1433"

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-22-2012, 01:59 PM
I just remembered the Dot Hack games from when I was in middle school.

I'm gonna have to see if I can get all four of those babies back.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DBEJG3A3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Beef of the Sea
04-22-2012, 07:59 PM
I just finished the Dead Money DLC for Fallout:New Vegas, and it was a really awesome sub-plot from the main story, if it wasn't for a shitty problem where it'd CTD when opening any door, it would've been perfect for me.
Spent ages trying to steal all the gold from the vault and make it out alive :p

ItsJustDave
04-22-2012, 08:08 PM
I've had the Diablo III beta for a while, but haven't been able to play through it until today. I didn't play the previous game - so I have no clue what's going on, but I found my first go at it with a Wizard pretty fun. If anyone wants to have a go with me, my battletag is "Torgo#1433"

I've been checking out the beta myself this weekend. It's actually playable on my 3 year old Mac mini, which is better than how I'd made out with the Starcraft 3 beta. If anyone cares to add me, battletag is "ItsJustDave#1160". Not sure if I'll be playing too much til I get a new machine, but I just placed my preorder for the CE.

xmd 5a
04-22-2012, 09:38 PM
I just finished the Dead Money DLC for Fallout:New Vegas, and it was a really awesome sub-plot from the main story, if it wasn't for a shitty problem where it'd CTD when opening any door, it would've been perfect for me.
Spent ages trying to steal all the gold from the vault and make it out alive :p

That one's my favourite bit of Fallout DLC. Excellent story/atmosphere even if the gameplay got frustrating at times.

Space Suicide
04-22-2012, 10:08 PM
That one's my favourite bit of Fallout DLC. Excellent story/atmosphere even if the gameplay got frustrating at times.

That was so fucking hard. That DLC was insanely difficult. I found it hair ripping inducing. I beat it 100% though.

Beef of the Sea
04-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Really? The only trouble I had was the autosave/crash glitch.
Bearing in mind I was level 40 when I went to Sierra Madre, even then the BAR you get absolutely rips through Ghost People, and I managed to find and destroy all the hologram emitters before they spotted me.
Friend of mine said she had to cheat to finish, I just didn't see why it was even necessary.

kdrcraig
04-23-2012, 07:08 AM
Played a lot of Assassin's Creed over the weekend and I really like it. I never got around to playing it before because I heard it got really repetitive, which it does, but it isn't really bothering me at all. The story is shaping up to be pretty cool and it's a lot of fun going around and taking dudes out and then vanishing. Definitely going to play through the rest of them as well.

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Played a lot of Assassin's Creed over the weekend and I really like it. I never got around to playing it before because I heard it got really repetitive, which it does, but it isn't really bothering me at all. The story is shaping up to be pretty cool and it's a lot of fun going around and taking dudes out and then vanishing. Definitely going to play through the rest of them as well.

You're saying you're playing the first one, right?...Honestly, you could probably just skip it, read up on the story online, and go on to AC2. They completely change things in the second game. But don't let that stop you from playing the first game if you're really enjoying it! It's a good game for what it was. The others just improve on every single aspect to the point that they might as well be a totally different game.

I actually tried playing the first one like, a week ago...Shut it off after about 15 minutes. It's impossible to go back to that after playing the others. :P

kdrcraig
04-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Yeah I'm playing the first one, I figured I'd better start at the beginning, guess I should've asked around a little more. I only have 4 assassinations left so I might as well finish it since I'm enjoying it. Good to hear that the rest are even better, I am really liking this game but if I wasn't digging the story so much I doubt the gameplay would be keeping me interested. I actually almost gave up on it after the tutorial and a bit of gameplay but then gave it another shot over the weekend and turned out really liking it. Already added the second one to my Gamefly Q so I'll be starting that one within a couple weeks.

nemesiswontdie
04-23-2012, 11:14 PM
http://gi95.photobucket.com/groups/l143/DPX6NLOMF7/197911_42495_front.jpg
Found my PS1 memory card so I'm playing through Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions again.

Getting to play as Gray Fox is so exciting.

Space Suicide
04-24-2012, 01:10 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CV6az3bXRFQ/TzTcptuXpEI/AAAAAAAABjI/HVMuw0Y9J2I/s1600/uncharted-3-cover.jpg

Got this from Target for $10.00. Glad I did, it's wonderful! Gonna have to go get the other 2 games sometime. Never really cared for this series before now but I think my opinions have changed.

Space Suicide
04-25-2012, 03:36 PM
http://www.playocio.net/images/god_of_war_collection_ps3.jpg

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Found my PS1 memory card so I'm playing through Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions again.

Getting to play as Gray Fox is so exciting.

Gah, I was so disappointed. I found a used copy of this the other day in some local store and it was all scuffed up to hell and back. I wanted to buy it, but that baby was beyond saving. How they justified putting it on the shelves is beyond me.

I just beat Silent Hill Downpour. Not a bad game. They could have taken a liiittle extra time to patch some things up and maybe improved on the whole "every monster is just a dirty-looking person" thing, and the lack of real horror, but on the whole it wasn't bad. Now to play through again for side quests n junk....

Space Suicide
04-25-2012, 05:26 PM
I just beat Silent Hill Downpour. Not a bad game. They could have taken a liiittle extra time to patch some things up and maybe improved on the whole "every monster is just a dirty-looking person" thing, and the lack of real horror, but on the whole it wasn't bad. Now to play through again for side quests n junk....

I just got this Monday and haven't gotten too far yet - just got to Devil's Pit. I don't find it bad at all, no idea why all the hate.

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-25-2012, 05:38 PM
It's not bad. I'll probably buy it once the price drops some more. The only ting that reeeally got under MY skin was when the framerate just plummeted for no reason from time to time, as well as almost always while the game was saving.

I will say though, the orphanage is probably the scariest part of the whole game - for a LOT of reasons. (For example, dark hallways with little girls singing and laughing. FUCK.)

Space Suicide
04-25-2012, 05:43 PM
It's not bad. I'll probably buy it once the price drops some more. The only ting that reeeally got under MY skin was when the framerate just plummeted for no reason from time to time, as well as almost always while the game was saving.

I will say though, the orphanage is probably the scariest part of the whole game - for a LOT of reasons. (For example, dark hallways with little girls singing and laughing. FUCK.)

Yeah some framerate drops for no reason sucks and the occasional glitches I've had (like trying to open the first door in the game, which never showed the 'press a' prompt). I had to restart the game 4 times, delete the save files and clear my cache for it to work. WTF?!

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Apparently, they've added a patch for Downpour to the big list of things they're working on to fix up the HD Collection, as well. They say it'll help with the framerate and some autosave stuff.

Is it just me, or are developers getting more and more lazy now that they've realized they can just patch up glitches a month or two down the road?

my voice just
04-25-2012, 07:11 PM
http://s019.radikal.ru/i615/1204/2f/6424b39a83be.png http://s019.radikal.ru/i629/1204/1a/234fb3ca6689.jpg http://s019.radikal.ru/i607/1204/d7/215dcd848345.jpg
suddenly recalled this and decided to replay. good shit

Piko
04-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Prototype 2 and Witcher 2.

nemesiswontdie
04-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Gah, I was so disappointed. I found a used copy of this the other day in some local store and it was all scuffed up to hell and back. I wanted to buy it, but that baby was beyond saving. How they justified putting it on the shelves is beyond me.

Vintage Stock? Not sure if they have one around where you're at but there's one not too far from where I live and I saw it, looked at it and the case was dirty as hell and the CD itself was scratched to hell. Not sure how they can just put that out there for someone to grab and buy.

kdrcraig
04-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Started the new Walking Dead game last night, it's pretty damn cool. Will probably take 2 hours at the most to get through episode 1 but it looks like the choices you make/things you say to people are actually going to have an effect on the game. Should be cool to play through the whole thing multiple times once all the episodes are released.

Also finished Assassin's Creed last night, gameplay was driving me nuts by the end but overall I still liked it and am pretty pumped to play the second one.

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-26-2012, 10:06 AM
^ I really hope that next one is a breath of fresh air for ya!

Vintage Stock? Not sure if they have one around where you're at but there's one not too far from where I live and I saw it, looked at it and the case was dirty as hell and the CD itself was scratched to hell. Not sure how they can just put that out there for someone to grab and buy.

Nah, some small place in the mall called Game On. I'm not sure if they even have other stores anywhere, or if they're just a store owned by some local guy. Never really checked into it...But man. I can't stand that place. Nothing's in order, they have DVDs, then games, then blu-rays, then more games for a different console, and in the back, they have a huge display case filled with selected games from the shelves, which I'm assuming are "more valuable" or something. The prices are all about the same and half of them I hadn't even heard of.

I'm currently playing through Downpour again...Fuck is it hard on Hard Puzzle mode...I never realized how convenient the action prompt was until they took it away. Now I'm scared for the sidequests I haven't already on in my last playthrough. Still fun, though.

Space Suicide
04-27-2012, 06:53 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4132/5030176659_6d3334c2a2.jpg

Got it, Game of the Year Edition too.

liquidcalm
04-29-2012, 07:49 AM
just went through The Walking Dead Episode one. Wow.. it was a real step up for Telltale. It was more like the good parts of Heavy Rain than anything else I've played by them. I really hope the other episodes turn out as good.

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-29-2012, 11:59 AM
It makes me really happy to hear that the Walking Dead game is better than people were expecting. I was really hoping it wouldn't turn out to be just another lame spinoff video game.

MrsMeowMeow
04-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Mortal Kombat 9
and every now and then I play Mass Effect 2 asshole-edition :D my Shepard looks like Keanu Reeves

nemesiswontdie
04-29-2012, 04:12 PM
^ I really hope that next one is a breathe of fresh air for ya!

Nah, some small place in the mall called Game On. I'm not sure if they even have other stores anywhere, or if they're just a store owned by some local guy. Never really checked into it...But man. I can't stand that place. Nothing's in order, they have DVDs, then games, then blu-rays, then more games for a different console, and in the back, they have a huge display case filled with selected games from the shelves, which I'm assuming are "more valuable" or something. The prices are all about the same and half of them I hadn't even heard of.

I'm currently playing through Downpour again...[i]Fuck[i/] is it hard on Hard Puzzle mode...I never realized how convenient the action prompt was until they took it away. Now I'm scared for the sidequests I haven't already on in my last playthrough. Still fun, though.

The only local place that's really around here is Game Co. There were 2 stores but one closed down and the other one is at The Great Mall and it's pretty shitty as well. Their customer service is complete shit. I wont even go into detail because it was so ridiculously stupid, but they suck.

Vintage stock does the same thing with the more valuable games. The closest one to me has an original PS1 Revelations: Persona in like new condition for I think $64.99 or something like that. Most of the games that are not in the glass case near the front are in the back most of them are in pretty horrible shape.

I actually bought Castlevania: Symphony of the Night from the glass container and the guy said it was in like new condition. I believe him. Bought for $25 I think. About 2 weeks of having the game (so I couldn't return it) I went through the manual and some jerk off colored in Death with a fucking green marker. I was beyond pissed.
http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo14/nemesiswontdie2/IMG_20110915_001340-1.jpg

Space Suicide
04-29-2012, 08:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/d25Ze.png

Fun DLC, glad I got it. been meaning to for a few months. Now I just need to get Beneath the Ashes and I'll be good to go. I'm happy the treasures and relic weren't too hard to find.

Beef of the Sea
04-29-2012, 08:41 PM
http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/d/dc/OldWorldBluesCover.png

http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/b/bd/Lonesome_Road_DLC_cover_art.jpg

Just finished these two, OWB was fun, but it should be have been executed better, after how well Dead Money was set with it's excellent pacing and atmosphere, I think the missed the mark a bit.
Lonesome Road was pretty good with decent character development and a great setting, really wish you could explore the divide more though.

kdrcraig
04-30-2012, 07:03 AM
just went through The Walking Dead Episode one. Wow.. it was a real step up for Telltale. It was more like the good parts of Heavy Rain than anything else I've played by them. I really hope the other episodes turn out as good.

Agreed, it was really good, lots of replay value as well.

Space Suicide
05-01-2012, 07:57 PM
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/Nick-Sixx.png

LOL, Loser.

Space Suicide
05-08-2012, 12:48 PM
http://www.nerd4sure.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/The_Witcher_2_Xbox_360_Release_Date_13276034819274 .jpg

Piko
05-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Payne to the Max!!! A little bit of Fallout 3 on the side as well. And eventually, I'll finish Witcher 2... eventually.

Space Suicide
05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Witcher 2 is fucking awesome. Best RPG I've ever played besides Mass Effect. it's amazing.

Just bought this...

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/the-walking-dead-xbla.jpg

nemesiswontdie
05-08-2012, 06:51 PM
My friend bought the Walking Dead arcade game too. Please post your thoughts on it. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot but I want to hear someones opinion on it first.

Space Suicide
05-08-2012, 06:53 PM
My friend bought the Walking Dead arcade game too. Please post your thoughts on it. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot but I want to hear someones opinion on it first.

Well it was only 400 MSP which would translate to PSN for $4.99.

Will do, I plan on playing it tonight...in the dark. Mwahaha.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-09-2012, 04:02 AM
OKAY, so I had this whole thing typed out about how great The Walking Dead game is, and the page decided it just wanted to be a little prissy bitch. :P

Basically - It's great. The impact your choices have on the story is pretty huge, and by the time you're done with episode 1, you really feel a connection with the characters. I think I actually cared more about what happened to the people in the game than I did about what happened to the characters in the TV show.

But like I read somewhere - If you're looking for a zombie shooter, this probably isn't up your alley. It's mostly decision/puzzle/survival/reaction based. At the very least, I'd say buy Episode 1 and try it out (which is what I did), and I guess decide from there. The worst that could happen is you lose five bucks. But I loved it.

Now to play through it again tomorrow as a complete asshole instead of "myself." :P

kdrcraig
05-09-2012, 07:13 AM
I think I actually cared more about what happened to the people in the game than I did about what happened to the characters in the TV show.

I definitely did, the writing in the game so far is better than the show as well. I'm slowly getting through Assassin's Creed 2. You were right about it being pretty much a completely different game, they made everything better! Absolutely loving it but just not finding a lot of time to be able to play. I only just completed DNA sequence 5 last night, still a long ways to go.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-09-2012, 11:43 AM
I definitely did, the writing in the game so far is better than the show as well. I'm slowly getting through Assassin's Creed 2. You were right about it being pretty much a completely different game, they made everything better! Absolutely loving it but just not finding a lot of time to be able to play. I only just completed DNA sequence 5 last night, still a long ways to go.

I don't even remember how long it took me to get through those games...But I'm the kind of person who does a little bit of the story in game, then spends hours and hours doing side quests and collecting things, then plays a little more of the story, then collects more. :P

I've gotta go back and do ALL of that stuff again, though. I just started up a new PSN account so have a name that was more up-to-date and in line with my internet name. It won't be all bad going back to trophy hunt, though! Better for me to start now than in August, once school starts.

By the way, anyone can add me! I'm Alrea2012. But I'll tell you right now, I don't get on too often and don't have a headset yet. :P So it'll be a little bit before I start playing online. Soon, though!

darktemplar007
05-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Final Fantasy X for the first time ever.

bruised
05-20-2012, 11:22 PM
Anyone playing the Hitman: Absolution sniper challenge demo? It's pretty rad, can't wait for new Hitman!

nemesiswontdie
05-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Is it wrong that I'm actually having a lot of fun playing Fruit Ninja on my phone? Not sure why but I really love it right now.

xmd 5a
05-21-2012, 06:45 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/27/Fez_cover.png/250px-Fez_cover.png

This damn game is currently eating my free time. Addictive and obsession-causing. Phenomenal soundtrack too.

Vertigo
05-21-2012, 07:37 AM
Little chronicle of my recent playthroughs...

Jedi Knight 2:
Over the years I'd gotten so carried away with the novelty value of The Emperor being Jar Jar Binks' love interest as they do battle with the evil mastermind C3PO that I'd forgotten the beautifully simple joys of a beardy guy pushing stormtroopers over conveniently placed cliffs. Fresh install, fresh awesome.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2905/2012041900001f.jpg

Max Payne:
Yes, this is indeed a Max reskinned of/by myself of ten years ago, wearing sunglasses and fresh from wasting hordes of killer suits in the secret ending level.
I'm such a fucking geek.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7222/2012051000002.jpg

Max Payne 2:
Ever the gentleman, Max romances a hooker down by the fire. You just need to give her a twenty, mate.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/9514/2012051100001.jpg

Doom 3:
Most of my modding tends to absolutely ruin the unfortunate game in question, but Doom 3 is the exception. Years of rebalancing, graphic upgrades (shamelessly magpied from other modders), Reznor sounds and miscellaneous tweaks have transformed a mediocre also-ran into a glorious bloodbath; one of the most enjoyable shooters I've ever played. It also brings out how much amazing art and design there is jammed into this game - shame it was spoiled by some botched balancing and head-scratching gameplay decisions in Id's final product.
Still playing through this right now, but here's a couple of highlights thus far. Second one not entirely safe for work....

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2550/2012052100002m.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8215/2012051900002.jpg

Piko
05-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Silent Hill: Downpour. A lot of parts that have me scratching my head. Ain't too shabby though.

peter
05-21-2012, 08:31 AM
God of War 3. Goddamn, console playing has come a long way. I haven't been this much on the edge of my seat since Halflife. Just recently bought a PS3. It had Batman AC and Tekken 5 with it. I beat Batman fairly quickly, liked it, but the sidemissions get kind of tedious after a while. Play Tekken 5 for 10 minutes, not my kind of game. But GoW3, fuck me, that is one adrenaline ride. I'm about halfway through, and can't get enough of it.

After that it's Rayman Origins. And I might get the Uncharted trilogy. r/ps3 over on reddit regularly wet their pants about it, and they havent been wrong with GoW3.

Space Suicide
05-21-2012, 12:10 PM
God of War 3. Goddamn, console playing has come a long way. I haven't been this much on the edge of my seat since Halflife. Just recently bought a PS3. It had Batman AC and Tekken 5 with it. I beat Batman fairly quickly, liked it, but the sidemissions get kind of tedious after a while. Play Tekken 5 for 10 minutes, not my kind of game. But GoW3, fuck me, that is one adrenaline ride. I'm about halfway through, and can't get enough of it.

After that it's Rayman Origins. And I might get the Uncharted trilogy. r/ps3 over on reddit regularly wet their pants about it, and they havent been wrong with GoW3.

Uncharted is excellent, get them!

Piko
05-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Uncharted is excellent, get them!

Highly recommend the Uncharted games; particularly the second one. My problem with GoW3 was that it was too short. Like, a 4-5 hour game... visually, and gameplay-wise, it's amazing. Just wish it were a little longer. Especially when I went and shelled out the hundred for the Pandora's Box version.

Piko
05-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Surprisingly, I'm not doing as bad in multiplayer as I thought I would. I'm usually complete garbage in 3rd person multiplayer. Maybe it's the objective based stuff that's helping. Very fun though. Campaign is pretty lifeless, but fun though. Didn't go in expecting an amazing story though.

bruised
05-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Finally picked up F1 2011, really, really sweet. Will definitely get me through the weekends when F1 has a break.

SM Rollinger
05-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Found the guide for Skyrim at my local used cd/game/book store a couple days ago, so ive started playing that again. 3.99 score! This store just wants to make quick profits, and doestn really care about the value of stuff. Ive found the Tool's Salvial w/ the DVD there for 19.99 and back in the day i got my US 1st print of Closer to God with the discolered spine, in their bargin bin for $.99

nemesiswontdie
05-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Gran Turismo 5 with my PS3 steering wheel.

So much fun. I just wish they had my favorite car on there. 2010 Dodge Challenger. (I really really really want a new Dodge Challenger). Though driving the Viper is fun as well.

darktemplar007
05-28-2012, 07:48 PM
I just beat Hard Reset. It's a fun little sci-fi shooter. The story was shite, generic cyber-punk crap, but teh gameplay was hectic frantic chaos in the vein of old school circle strafe bullet-fests (like Serious Sam). Good fun, and the weapon system was nifty and gave a little bit of style to it's fairly mundane setting. The graphics were pretty nice as well.

A little on the short side though.

bruised
05-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Have the wheel and pedals hooked up to a racing seat? That's how it's set up at my bro's house, and it is so much fun - I hope to get a seat one day myself.
Gran Turismo 5 with my PS3 steering wheel.

So much fun. I just wish they had my favorite car on there. 2010 Dodge Challenger. (I really really really want a new Dodge Challenger). Though driving the Viper is fun as well.

Piko
05-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Been in the mood for more stealthy games (thanks Ghost Recon), so I started playing Splinter Cell: Conviction. Also, I ordered the HD trilogy on PS3. Look pretty fun.

kdrcraig
05-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Slowly getting through Game of Thrones, it's not as awful as some reviews said, but it's not great either. I'll be able to get through it for the story.

Also started Resistance Burning Skies on Vita, it's pretty cool for being the first dual stick FPS for a handheld. I'm not a fan of the way the controls transfer to online MP, played about 10 minutes and gave up on that.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
06-03-2012, 03:27 AM
I don't know if anyone has heard of Day Z, a mod (in alpha) for the game ArmA II that is about playing in a tattered, zombie-filled world along with or against other human players, but if you haven't it might be worth checking out. The core game engine is convoluted and often frustrating, and because the mod is still in alpha it is riddled with bugs and weirdness, and the zombies are mostly so laughable (as zombies kind of are, really) that most of the time the game is defined by the PvP, but here's the thing: player death is permanent. When you die, you're done. Some servers run a clock that allows you to run back and loot (most but not all of the gear from) your corpse (provided of course that someone else hasn't already done so), and some servers just don't. You have to find supplies and survive. Food, water, medical supplies, guns & ammo.

And despite all the game's problems, it's fun as hell. The servers are persistent, so there isn't a pre-defined game length. They just go on, and you can play as long as you can stay alive, and then respawn as a new, green dude when you die. Day-night cycles are real time, which kind of sucks, and it's fucking dark at night if you haven't found night vision goggles.

Here's a fairly good introductory vid, don't mind the obnoxious player:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJDSEQ

Web site here: http://www.dayzmod.com/

(You do have to own ArmA II and the expansion to play the game.)

nemesiswontdie
06-03-2012, 02:02 PM
My friend told me about that mod and I've wanted to try it out but I just don't want to pay for it haha. It looks cool though, but I'm afraid I'm going to get bored with it fast for some reason.

Exploding Plastic
06-03-2012, 10:27 PM
HUMBLE BUNDLE V. Sword and Sworcery. Amnesia. Limbo. Psychonauts. Bastion. AND THEIR SOUNDTRACKS. Yes please.

dogsipod
06-04-2012, 07:15 AM
D3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xmd 5a
06-04-2012, 11:37 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6c/DragonsDogma.jpg
Amazing. Utterly brutal, yet amazing.

perch
06-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Since my mothahore dumped the PCI-e support none of my graphic cards work so I'm stuck with integrated Intel G33. However, with 8GB ram and lo-fi skins, Team Fortress 2 runs pretty smoothly with 23 bots and on lowest settings possible. Somehow it wouldn't connect to any server but I blame it on lo-fi environment. Oh yeah, my computer is 5 years old.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
06-09-2012, 07:03 PM
So I'm officially hopelessly addicted to the aforementioned DayZ. If anyone decides to play and wishes to team up with someone friendly, my Stream user name is Bolocko (or of course you can coordinate with me here).

Vertigo
06-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Finished Max Payne 3 today, for the PC. It's a very different animal to the older games, more realistic and less fluid, and the writing's in a whole other direction (very reminiscent of Man On Fire, rather than the old mix of film noir pastiche/homage via John Woo). But the game is ENORMOUS, twice the length of the earlier games and jaw-droppingly intricately detailed in every single area (it's the best-looking game I've played, full stop, though admittedly I haven't been playing much new stuff for the last couple of years). Cool score from HEALTH, most of it isn't particularly striking or memorable but it builds a shitload of atmosphere, you almost feel like you're sharing Max's hangover. Lots of replay value, with permanent boosts for your guns scattered throughout the levels, and a bunch of achievements which can unlock weapons, skins and items in multiplayer (not to mention a number of modes and unlocks for single-player).

Most of all though, it's great fun. Took me a while to get used to the fiddly controls and the new writing style, but now I'm done, I'm going back through it immediately to nab more unlocks, and enjoy shooting ruffians in the balls in glorious slow motion (replete with agonised cross-legged animations).

bruised
06-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Been in the mood for more stealthy games (thanks Ghost Recon), so I started playing Splinter Cell: Conviction. Also, I ordered the HD trilogy on PS3. Look pretty fun.

It's good, and fun to replay those gems.

Piko
06-10-2012, 12:46 PM
It's good, and fun to replay those gems.

Started playing the first one a few days ago. Much, much different than what I was expecting. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet... Feels very outdated and slow compared to Conviction or any of the games i'm used to playing. It's mostly the gameplay mechanic.

Halo 3 in the meantime.

bruised
06-10-2012, 11:39 PM
I agree, I've only played the 1st 2, so going back is cool. Meanwhile I'm finally getting good at F12011. Just in time for 2012 ha.
Also playing Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown because it was free on psn this week.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
06-11-2012, 03:10 AM
You haven't played Chaos Theory yet? You're in for a treat; that's the best of the series, I think.

liquidcalm
06-11-2012, 07:04 AM
I've been playing Space Marine after getting it free off PSplus. I'd wanted to buy it so many times, so am glad I got it free.. Mainly as its alright.. not great.. the worst bit is you get health by executing enemies, but the animations take a while to run through, and you can take damage whilst you execute, so you can die very easily when you are trying to get health. Its admirable in the way that, no, you don't just regen health, but it lead to some very frustrating deaths.
Otherwise I love 40k, and its great to just see the world and characters brought to life.

Space Suicide
06-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Battlefield 3, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Gears of War 3

Piko
06-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Haven't played Chaos Theory yet. Just Conviction and the first one. Could I just skip ahead, or should I just suck it up and play the first two (think it's the third game).

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
06-11-2012, 05:07 PM
I don't think it matters. I played Chaos Theory > Double Agent (Xbox 360 version) > Splinter Cell (1) > Conviction > Pandora. Only thing is if you play the later games first the earlier ones' gameplay mechanics feel more clunky and underdeveloped, but they're still fine games.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-12-2012, 02:45 AM
Hey, I think I actually played some of Chaos Theory. Maybe...I know I played one of them, just can't remember which.

I'm trophy hunting in Silent Hill: Downpour. (New account, so I gotta get aaall my trophies again.) It's not a bad game. But it could be SO much better.

nemesiswontdie
06-12-2012, 06:02 AM
Have the wheel and pedals hooked up to a racing seat? That's how it's set up at my bro's house, and it is so much fun - I hope to get a seat one day myself.

My bad for the late reply. I just now saw this.

Yeah I do have it hooked up to a racing seat. It's awesome.

kdrcraig
06-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Started Just Cause 2 over the weekend, pretty damn fun blowing shit up, this will be the game I break out when I just feel like some mindless fun for a couple hours.

bruised
06-12-2012, 08:17 AM
My bad for the late reply. I just now saw this.

Yeah I do have it hooked up to a racing seat. It's awesome.

That's awesome, I want one. Alrea, doesn't it suck that PS doesn't offer a gamertag change like xbox does? Even if they charged you like xbox, I'd be ok with that. It's very lame, as I hate the name I chose really fast when I set it up. Also, free games rule.

liquidcalm
06-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Gravity Rush
It's awesome... such a unique game... Enjoying just flying/falling around the world getting gems to level up.

Littlebigplanet Vita Beta
I think this is NDA'd.. but its all over youtube etc, all I'll say is its fantastic and the things people in the community are already doing with it are incredible. It looks just like a PS3 game, the edges are smooth (unlike Uncharted, gravity rush) and the tools pretty easy to use. Best version of LBP so far.

Fixer808
06-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Uncharted 2. Played at a friends place all afternoon yesterday like a stoned college student, it was fun! Made it from opening train-wreck, back to same train wreck later on. Since I wasn't baked, though, I got a bit bored.

Shnoorum
06-20-2012, 07:46 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6c/DragonsDogma.jpg
Amazing. Utterly brutal, yet amazing.

That's what I'm playing and I agree with you 100%. Only problem is it's truely awful save system. That however should not stop anyone playing it as it is all kinds of awesome

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-21-2012, 04:39 AM
Shadows of the damned.

GO BUY THIS GAME. SO MUCH LULZ.

It's super corny, super badass, full of penis jokes, and the gameplay is just plain fun. It's basically Lollipop Chainsaw, but with a badass Hispanic demon hunter who can't read worth a damn. And his demon friend named Johnson. Yes. Also a penis joke.

kdrcraig
06-22-2012, 09:41 AM
I started playing Choplifter HD that was free from PS+ and I'm digging it, reminds me a little of the old Strike(Nuclear,Soviet, etc.) games for PSone. It's a simple, repetitive game but it's pretty damn fun. Since it was free I bought a bad ass helicopter off the store for 99 cents and am just wrecking shit.

Space Suicide
06-27-2012, 07:04 PM
http://www.games101.com.au/images/games101_Darksiders-Xbox360.jpg

Got this tonight to test it out to see if I want Darksiders II. Here's to hoping, anyone play it or have feedback?

Shnoorum
06-27-2012, 07:59 PM
I think it's a really good game. I've yet to actually complete it however. I know this is a really cliched game to compare it to but it partially follows the whole Zelda formula. Only problem for me is I can only play it in short bursts but its definately worth giving a go

Piko
06-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Bought it for dirt cheap used about a month ago. Have yet to play it...

xmd 5a
06-27-2012, 09:26 PM
I enjoyed it. It's a decent Zelda clone with fun combat and an interesting style. Not anything terribly special, but worth a playthrough.

Piko
06-27-2012, 09:59 PM
I've heard good things about it. The timing's always been bad. Lately, I haven't really been playing much. A lot of Fifa with the occasional Halo: Reach. Other than that, i've been slacking... I'll blame Euro this time.

kdrcraig
06-28-2012, 09:30 AM
I loved Darksiders, lots of fun and plenty of stuff to do in the game.

owinn
06-28-2012, 12:40 PM
I loved Darksiders, lots of fun and plenty of stuff to do in the game.
Brilliant game, and the added bonus of Mark Hamill voice acting! I'm going to wait for the Wii U version to come out though as I suspect I'll need all the launch titles I can get knowing Nintendo.

I'm currently in between games for various machines - on the 3DS it's Resident Evil Revelations which so far I believe to be a better game than RE5 and almost manages to get back to the roots of the RE games in terms of working your way through a haunted house.

On PS3 I have Infamous 2 (for FREE if you're a Playstation Plus user! Insane!) it's great and I'd say it's an improvement that so far has left out all the tedious parts of the first game.

On XBox 360 it's Fable III... I have to constantly drag myself back to it, I'm loathe to get rid of it because it was an incredibly expensive collectors edition, so I have to complete it.

On my PSP i'll be playing Final Fantasy V with the view that I'm going to play them all the way to IX on the console.

PC is Diablo III all the way.

I MIGHT even try to finish Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim at some point. Stranger things have happened!

Other games I need to finish are Super Mario Galaxy 2 (i totally forgot I didn't get the green stars) for Wii and I MAY go back to Skyrim and give it another go. I just didn't have the

theburningreptile
06-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Infamous, it's a really really fun game. One of the best sandbox games i've played. I recommend it. Next to get is Resistance: Fall of Man.

Space Suicide
06-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Infamous, it's a really really fun game. One of the best sandbox games i've played. I recommend it. Next to get is Resistance: Fall of Man.

I got it free from PSN when they got hacked and I can honestly say I didn't like the game at all. The camera was awful, the gameplay was lacking (to me) and the story was meh. I guess I don't get the hype of inFAMOUS.

twilight explosion
06-29-2012, 03:36 AM
skyrim because IT'S A FUCKING AWESOME GAME

EDIT: DAWNGUARD IS AWESOME TOO

Harry Seaward
06-30-2012, 11:39 AM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/8/8e/Pok%C3%A9mon_Conquest_box_art.jpg/250px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Conquest_box_art.jpg

I've just started Pokémon Conquest, which is a tactical turn-based RPG ala Advance Wars. It's really damn awesome and quite unlike the main games in the series. It has a totally different aesthetic, since it's set in some feudal Japanese-esque nation. Lots of samurai costumes and whatnot. Good shit.

nemesiswontdie
07-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Once again, I've gone back to playing Dragon Age: Origins on PC. I love DAO. It's seriously one of my favorite games ever. Along with MGS1 and Persona 4. It just seriously bugs me that they changed so much from DAO to DA2. Dragon Age 2 is such a piece of shit game. I played through it once and once was enough. I seriously fucking hate DA2. I really hope DA3 will be a lot better than DA2. Bioware should be ashamed of Dragon Age 2.

theburningreptile
07-01-2012, 10:11 PM
I got it free from PSN when they got hacked and I can honestly say I didn't like the game at all. The camera was awful, the gameplay was lacking (to me) and the story was meh. I guess I don't get the hype of inFAMOUS. I can see why some people wouldn't like it. I still did though. To each their own. :) I started playing Heavy Rain today. I think it's my favorite PS3 game thus far. I really like interacting with things. Its great and the little facial twitches of the characters is cool. Eeee.

WorzelG
07-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Spent the last month or so playing Resident Evil 4 - wow what a great game, love the variety of gameplay, the music, just the right amount of cut scenes to play the best game I've played in years. Now I want to finish it on normal, and then I think I'll crack open Assassin's Creed which i've had for years but never got around to playing

THE JOHNNY ROOK
07-03-2012, 02:33 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2012/06/doomsdaytf2530px.jpg

Rossva
07-08-2012, 12:45 PM
demons' souls.

Its a bit easier than its sequel dark souls.

But that's like saying a grenade is a bit less deadly than a flame thrower.

Space Suicide
07-09-2012, 04:14 PM
I started playing and beating games on my backlog that I've had for a long time but never beat for various reasons, since Saturday I've beaten:

Bioshock 2
Star wars: The Force Unleashed II
Duke Nukem Forever (LOL)
Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days
Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta DLC

Looking to set my sights on Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Homefront and Crysis 2 on my next mop up completions for the next few days.

bgalbraith
07-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Final Fantasy Theatrhythm

If you love the Final Fantasy games, their music, and rhythm games, then this game is pure dopamine. Even if you just like one of those things and want an excuse to use your 3DS, the game is worth checking out. Kinda like a Final Fantasy version of Elite Beat Agents.

Space Suicide
07-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Finally beat Portal 2 today. I'm 3 achievements away from maxing it out, fuck yeah! They're co-op though...heh.

Beat Barrett in Deus Ex: Human Revolution yesterday as well.

kdrcraig
07-13-2012, 06:56 AM
Started up Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood the other day, loving it so far. This series has become one of my favorites.

Space Suicide
07-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Started up Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood the other day, loving it so far. This series has become one of my favorites.

Least best game of the series, minus the first.

Piko
07-13-2012, 02:54 PM
AC1 is easily the worst. Just too repetitive. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Intact, someone wanted to buy AC3 when it comes out, but never played the other games. I told them to read up on the first game and play the rest.

Just scooped up the Spiderman games. Starting with Shattered Dimensions first. And I'm slowly working my way through Dawnguard.

kdrcraig
07-13-2012, 03:22 PM
First one was definitely way too repetitive, I enjoyed it for a while but then I just wanted it to be over. I loved every minute of the second one and Brotherhood seems like more of the same so far. Gotta get through it and Revelations before III comes out in between all the other games I have sitting around.

Piko
07-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Only reason I finished it is was because I liked the story and wanted to finish what I started. The second game and onward was a vast improvement. And saying that even feels like an understatement.

Space Suicide
07-15-2012, 12:29 PM
http://drh2.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/capcomus/images/product/detail/PCD_REORC_backofbox_.jpg
Best game Ever? No.

Worst game Ever? Also, no.

It's really not as bad as everyone made it out to be. A bit wonky in hit detection and damage consistency but it's a fun game for what it is - an action-based zombie co-op shooter. Color me surprised I like it as much as I did. I expected crap since the reviews were so horrible but to be honest, it's fun to me anyways. Online is quite a time waster too. Anyone have this for Xbox (still or at all) to play co-op?

Space Suicide
07-21-2012, 10:14 AM
http://www.zombiereportingcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/goldedition.jpg

With a gift card, snagged this off Amazon new for a whopping $2.97.

And

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08/Themawcover.jpg

Iran_Ed
07-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Reading through the thread, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has games sitting around that have never been played. I bought Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time over two years ago and haven't even touched it. I bought it the same day I got Assassin's Creed 2, then I bought and was subsequently swallowed alive by Fallout 3.

Piko
07-22-2012, 11:31 AM
I've done that plenty of times. Just went back to borderlands. Playing as a sniper, but I'm not so sure how I feel about it. Might play another class.

Edit - I have the GOTY version. Is there a specific time I should wait until messing with the DLC?

Wretchedest
07-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Tony Hawk HD! But my late 90's nostalgia has been corrupte by the "updated" soundtrack.

kdrcraig
07-23-2012, 06:56 AM
I've done that plenty of times. Just went back to borderlands. Playing as a sniper, but I'm not so sure how I feel about it. Might play another class.

Edit - I have the GOTY version. Is there a specific time I should wait until messing with the DLC?

I would wait until you've beaten the main game at least once before you play any of the DLC, but definitely do that before you play the General Knoxx DLC, the loot will be so much better if you do it on your second playthrough. You can do the Zombie Island DLC right after your first playthrough if you want cause that one doesn't really have any great loot.

Space Suicide
07-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Tony Hawk HD! But my late 90's nostalgia has been corrupte by the "updated" soundtrack.

Did they really change it? Why, how and what for? What shit is on there now?

liquidcalm
07-23-2012, 08:54 AM
The same 'why' as many HD remakes have run into (see Crazy Taxi). Licencing. Before a few years ago, when people licensed songs, brands, logos etc it was for one game on one console, there was nothing about any digital releases, updates etc like there is now. This is why PS1 classics like Wipeout 2097 are not out, due to all the Red Bull branding which would need re-licencing and sadly, licences cost money.
Its a shame, but I'm sure in ten years when people will be wondering why they can't have Gears of War beamed to their brain-o-tron it'll be to do with a piece of paper Epic signed in 2003 that they can't afford to re-sign.

Wretchedest
07-23-2012, 05:59 PM

Some new KROQy shit. Im sure its still musically relevant to todays skater crowd, but a lot of these games for me will forever be deeply associated woth its music. I think three of the original tracks remain.

Today I discovered steam. Ive known about steam for a long time, but ive never used it much, being a console gamer and all... but i had a strong sesire to see if i could play Rune again

What is Rune? Rune is like Unreal with swords and vikings. Its like the vikingest game ever. You eat lizards off the wall for health, and you can beat people with severed limbs. And steam has it. Huzzah!

*edit*
and they don't have it for Mac.... :(

liquidcalm
07-24-2012, 02:04 AM
and they don't have it for Mac.... :(

Boot Camp? I just put windows 7 on my wife's iMac as I was gifted a copy of Dead Island, to my surprise it runs at a decent clip on max settings, so I've been installing lots of other games I couldn't run on my laptop. Its pretty fun.
Which brings me to Dead Island, boy is that game shite in single player. Luckily it comes alive in co-op. I really love the weapon system too, even if things seem to break a little too easily.

Space Suicide
07-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Watching Dark Knight Rises made me want to finally beat this. I did this afternoon. I also bought the additional DLC!

http://www.batmanarkhamcity.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/arkhamcityxbox360.jpg

http://www.comicbooked.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ArkhamCityHarlyDLC.jpg

theburningreptile
07-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Watching Dark Knight Rises made me want to finally beat this. I did this afternoon. I also bought the additional DLC!

http://www.batmanarkhamcity.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/arkhamcityxbox360.jpg

http://www.comicbooked.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ArkhamCityHarlyDLC.jpg

Great game. What did you think of the twist? I loved it. I downloaded the DC Universe online game for my PS3, it's pretty fun so far.

Space Suicide
07-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Great game. What did you think of the twist? I loved it. I downloaded the DC Universe online game for my PS3, it's pretty fun so far.

I love City but as far as the story goes, I find myself liking Asylum a lot more. I liked the said twist, especially considering that Clayface is one of my favorite Batman villains.

Just picked this up:

http://www.ps3jogos.com.br/loja/product_images/a/627/darkness2xbox360-01__68486_zoom.jpg

Piko
07-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Just finished playing Arkham City as well. Amazing game. And finished the Harley Quinn DLC as well. Good stuff. Trying to collect all of the riddler trophies (real pain in the ass). I also finished a couple of the spiderman games recently too (shattered dimensions and edge of time). Just picked up the new one, so that's probably next.

Space Suicide
07-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Just finished playing Arkham City as well. Amazing game. And finished the Harley Quinn DLC as well. Good stuff. Trying to collect all of the riddler trophies (real pain in the ass). I also finished a couple of the spiderman games recently too (shattered dimensions and edge of time). Just picked up the new one, so that's probably next.

You made me go out today and pick up The Amazing Spider-Man. Hopefully it's good. I've not played any Spider-Man games since the old one on PS One.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
07-30-2012, 12:24 PM
^^^ The old Spidey games are where it's at.

I have been playing the shit out of Darksiders lately. I cannot believe I forgot about this game until about a month ago. Purchased right out of the PS Store.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/Darksiders_Cover.jpg

Piko
07-30-2012, 04:26 PM
You made me go out today and pick up The Amazing Spider-Man. Hopefully it's good. I've not played any Spider-Man games since the old one on PS One.

I absolutely loved Edge of Time and Shattered Dimensions. Maybe I was spoiled by how much fun I had with them, because I'm not liking this new one. Weak story, annoying camera, very repetitive. Debating trading it and going back to Dawnguard. A lot of people seem to love it though. So maybe I'm in a minority of haters.

Mind you, that the games of this gen are the first I've played since SNES... I can ramble on about Maximum Carnage.

Space Suicide
07-30-2012, 11:38 PM
I absolutely loved Edge of Time and Shattered Dimensions. Maybe I was spoiled by how much fun I had with them, because I'm not liking this new one. Weak story, annoying camera, very repetitive. Debating trading it and going back to Dawnguard. A lot of people seem to love it though. So maybe I'm in a minority of haters.

Mind you, that the games of this gen are the first I've played since SNES... I can ramble on about Maximum Carnage.

I'm liking it so far. Not bad at all. I can see what you dislike about it though.

Maybe you should give me your copies of Edge of Time and Shattered Memories? :p

Piko
07-31-2012, 07:53 AM
Dunno... only so many times a guy can keep swinging back to Oscorp. Which seems like every chapter... I just find it boring... I WANT to like it too. But something just isn't there. I really don't like the camera when you're crawling. I have to keep adjusting it just to see him and the baddies below. The upgrades feel useless as well... Yeah, I'm probably trading it...

Piko
08-01-2012, 12:14 AM
In a Kingdom Hearts mood. Birth By Sleep. Just finished the Aqua storyline and now Terra. Fun game. Probably shouldve done Aqua last though...

theburningreptile
08-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Killzone 2. It's really really fun. I had beaten the first one back when it came out on the PS2. It's good to see the story progress. Also I think the Helghast make a badass enemy.

kdrcraig
08-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Finally finished Assassin's Creed Brotherhood last night, it wasn't that the main story was long it was just that I kept getting distracted by everything else there is to do. Not sure if I'm going to start up Revelations or just finish up some stuff in Brotherhood because Darksiders 2 comes out in less than two weeks and I doubt I'll have the time to get through all of Revelations before then.

Wretchedest
08-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Igrabbed the cold stream DLC for left 4 dead 2. Its pretty rad. The cold stream map is pretty engaging and instense, and it come with all the maps from the first game. Its awesome to see support for a game this long after it has come out, i get to break it out and have fun with it after its collected dust for a while. This is definitely the proper role if extra content.

Piko
08-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Kingdom hearts 3D. Bit of a learning curve unlike the older ones (spirits, flow motion, and drop system). Once you get past that, its awesome. Still early on in the story though.

kdrcraig
08-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Got back into Arkham City. Wasn't real impressed with the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC, fun but the story was pretty weak. Oh well, got me back into the game enough to go and collect some more Riddler stuff, they put a ridiculous amount of it in this game.

Piko
08-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Got back into Arkham City. Wasn't real impressed with the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC, fun but the story was pretty weak. Oh well, got me back into the game enough to go and collect some more Riddler stuff, they put a ridiculous amount of it in this game.

Very ridiculous. 400+ ridiculous. I probably got about half of them, maybe more. Eventually gave up.

Jinsai
08-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Sound Shapes. really creative and fun. Gonna try out the level editor later (once I've unlocked all the stuff)

Space Suicide
08-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Playing the Gears of War 3 Campaign Cooperatively with a friend since she bought it to play with me and isn't very good. Great fun, haven't played it since December.

kdrcraig
08-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Very ridiculous. 400+ ridiculous. I probably got about half of them, maybe more. Eventually gave up.

I just rescued the fourth hostage last night, I think I stopped last night at about 280. Going to try to get through all of them before next week when Darksiders II comes out. I'm having a bit of fun collecting everything but I have a feeling I'll burn out again before long, didn't make it far at all the first time I started collecting.

Space Suicide
08-08-2012, 10:59 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, when it comes to games to get achievements and advance in certain tasks I HATE COLLECTING SHIT! Riddler Trophies piss me off.

Jinsai
08-08-2012, 02:20 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, when it comes to games to get achievements and advance in certain tasks I HATE COLLECTING SHIT! Riddler Trophies piss me off.

I got all the riddler trophies, but that wasn't the biggest roadblock to getting 100 percent in that game. The challenge rooms got obscenely difficult.

Piko
08-08-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm not a completionist. I did, on the other hand, want to finish the Riddler quest line. But some of those trophies are flat out obnoxious to get. I didn't finish nearly as much of the side stuff as I wish I could've. Identity theft was another one. Never finished it. Didn't know where to look without cheating. Never cheated actually. Not yet anyway.

Space Suicide
08-10-2012, 05:20 PM
http://cdn4.spong.com/pack/a/l/alicemadne346014l/_-Alice-Madness-Returns-Xbox-360-_.jpg

Piko
08-10-2012, 10:22 PM
For some reason that one got mixed reactions. I loved it. As soon as it's done patching (a fucking hour!), i'll be dusting off thee ol PS3, and playing Heavy Rain.

Kodiak33
08-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Finally got Darksiders cheap for the PC. I played it on 360 but couldn't get into it for some reason.

BenAkenobi
08-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Diggin' thru some old stuff, really enjoying this one
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/12/128107/1772820-__messiah_pc__.jpg

liquidcalm
08-11-2012, 02:18 PM
bloody hell thats an old one, I remember the hype train for Messiah.. it went on and on... wasn't it delayed for years?

nemesiswontdie
08-15-2012, 02:26 AM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/isosps1/castlevania_cover_front.jpg

I got this game when I was 7 or 8 and I never beat it. That ends now. I'm about 43% done with it. Amazing game, but really cheap and difficult at time, but that's Castlevania for you.

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-15-2012, 03:06 AM
^ My buddy gave me his copy of Lords of Shadow, and I can't really seem to get into it...I dunno, that style of game isn't really my thing. Are the older games different? I'm one of those people that missed out on Castlevania as a kid. :P

I've been playing Little Big Planet with a lot of friends before I leave when we get time to kill, and I almost broke my first controlled. SUCH A FUN GAME. But my gaming's on hold until I can get all moved in.

kdrcraig
08-15-2012, 07:01 AM
Played Darksiders II for a couple hours last night, seems like it's going to be pretty awesome. Would've played it longer but Jaws came out on blu-ray yesterday and I wanted to watch that, it looks fantastic by the way.

Piko
08-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Picked up Sleeping Dogs. Haven't even opened it yet though. Still very caught up into Kingdom Hearts 3D, which is VERY confusing.

Kodiak33
08-15-2012, 10:21 AM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/isosps1/castlevania_cover_front.jpg

I got this game when I was 7 or 8 and I never beat it. That ends now. I'm about 43% done with it. Amazing game, but really cheap and difficult at time, but that's Castlevania for you.

This game was increible. I love most Castlevanias though, with CV 2/3 being my favorites I think. I could not get into Lords of Shadow at first, and finally when I got to the castle, I really started to love it. LoS2 will be great.

Piko
08-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Grew up with the 2D ones. Lords of Shadow was the first 3D one that I was actually able to enjoy. Can't wait for the new one

frankie teardrop
08-15-2012, 12:01 PM
i gave up after castlevania IV (which ruled), as the N64 version was pitiful. i mean really, one of the most dreadful games i've ever played. however, i've heard great things about symphony of the night, and have it downloaded to my xbox, so one of these days i'll get around to it.

i still haven't beaten III yet--- got to dracula but cannot for the life of me defeat his third form. one of the few 'classics' i grew up with i haven't mastered yet, maybe someday...