PDA

View Full Version : NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

boosh
02-08-2022, 10:53 AM
I'm going insane. I've tried three computers and no matter what tickets I select, it tells me that it can't go through on "this device at this time, please make sure you're signed in."

klyrish
02-08-2022, 10:58 AM
Yeah I've traveled to Chicago for multiple tours. It's expensive as fucking hell. And quite frankly... not that worth it.

*throws a mayo-coated bedpost*

klyrish
02-08-2022, 11:06 AM
FUCK YES! Got row 25 seats 113 and 114 for night 1 of Red Rocks!

About halfway through the queue for night 2...

Ash512
02-08-2022, 11:06 AM
Anybody got Red Rocks tickets yet? The waiting room seems abnormally long.

EDIT: Got my answer ^

LenaMHJBKZ2
02-08-2022, 11:08 AM
Not excited about using Ticketmaster, but does anyone have insight as too how much tickets are? I’m gunning for the Vegas show.

xolotl
02-08-2022, 11:11 AM
Not excited about using Ticketmaster, but does anyone have insight as too how much tickets are? I’m gunning for the Vegas show.

I posted the Cleveland prices over here, btw: https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/6381-NIN-Live-2022?p=553952#post553952

Range was $30 (lawn) to $125 (pit). (That's before whatever egregious fees Ticketmaster lays on top.) "Platinum" prices were $200-400.

ponch
02-08-2022, 11:11 AM
damn still in the queue, Looks like it might be a RIP for red rocks?

LenaMHJBKZ2
02-08-2022, 11:12 AM
I posted the Cleveland prices over here, btw: https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/6381-NIN-Live-2022?p=553952#post553952

Range was $30 (lawn) to $125 (pit). "Platinum" prices were $200-400.

I missed that post. Thanks for the heads up!

kdrcraig
02-08-2022, 11:12 AM
I got through the queue for Red Rocks night 2, but I selected tickets and got an error as it was trying to find them.

Edit: I got through. Row 16 seats 23 and 24. FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FULLMETAL
02-08-2022, 11:14 AM
I got through the queue for Red Rocks on Friday and just got a "More Info" screen. Barely moving on the Saturday queue... not to mention TM gave me the wrong ticket for Franklin.

Discobunny
02-08-2022, 11:15 AM
Thanks I hate this. Had a row 17 ticket for RR and when I hit the final payment button it kicked me out

klyrish
02-08-2022, 11:16 AM
I got through the queue for Red Rocks night 2, but I selected tickets and got an error as it was trying to find them.

Edit: I got through. Row 16 seats 23 and 24. FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had row 26, seats 85 and 86. I was on the screen to choose insurance and it crashed on me. Refreshed and after like 2 minutes loading, my place in line was no longer valid. Back of the queue.

eachpassingphase
02-08-2022, 11:19 AM
Waited in the line for RR and when I finally got in, it got stuck on the "just a sec" screen like five times. Now It's finally showing me nosebleeds. I hate it here lmaoooo

*EDIT* Now those bitches are gone too after getting told to purchase a shuttle pass. RR was my backup, this is not boding well for my actual desired tickets in Vegas.

suprefan
02-08-2022, 11:20 AM
$14 for a souvenir ticket at least lol

magnolia
02-08-2022, 11:23 AM
I had pulled tickets TWICE and TWICE it froze on checkout page. I was able to get through and select tickets again. Had great tickets the first two pulls. Shit tickets on 3rd attempt, but I got them. FUCK.

sixn2thirds
02-08-2022, 11:23 AM
I stayed inside for over 20 minutes clicking around before decent seats popped up for Nashville. That was after the 2900 people in front of me in the que went in and had their way. I shall rest easy tonight.

redwingsrock
02-08-2022, 11:24 AM
So what's the deal with Red Rocks and GA? Is GA up front at Red rocks?

Discobunny
TR or employees of TR monitoring this madness, please go back to the printed name on your ticket presales. Us fans at least had a chance against the scalpers. I dont even mind paying *more* than we did back in the day, but this system is not working for getting tickets to actual fans.

thefragile_jake
Holy fuck I got Red Rocks night 1! Now time for night 2!

FULLMETAL
02-08-2022, 11:26 AM
I'm having the worst luck today.

https://i.imgur.com/YA5rJKOl.png

aleywwu
02-08-2022, 11:27 AM
That was stressful!
Red Rocks - Friday - Row 3
Red Rock - Saturday - Row 31
Ended up with the AXS premium option for Friday after failing to get any in the regular presale. I made it through to the ticket selection page but it kept crashing.

suprefan
02-08-2022, 11:27 AM
So what's the deal with Red Rocks and GA? Is GA up front at Red rocks?

Rows 45 - 69 are GA. 1 - 44 are assigned seating.

ponch
02-08-2022, 11:28 AM
Red Rocks day 2 showing no more tickets after my queue finished. Cool

thefragile_jake
02-08-2022, 11:28 AM
Oh crap, is night 2 completely gone? I guess because it was a Saturday too they got gobbled up fast.

These actually go on sale to the general public on Friday, right?

LenaMHJBKZ2
02-08-2022, 11:31 AM
TR or employees of TR monitoring this madness, please go back to the printed name on your ticket presales. Us fans at least had a chance against the scalpers. I dont even mind paying *more* than we did back in the day, but this system is not working for getting tickets to actual fans.

I was just about to say this! This crap is ridiculous. Then their disclaimer, “Ticket prices may increase due to demand.” I want to throat punch Ticketmaster execs.

domonono
02-08-2022, 11:32 AM
Night 1 is showing 'no tickets available' now as well. I managed to grab a pair of GA tickets.
The default at Red Rocks used to be GA in the front 20 or so rows, then GA in the back. You almost never see that anymore. Everyone wants to make more money, I guess.

klyrish
02-08-2022, 11:33 AM
Wow, waited another 12 minutes after I got back in line for night 2 (thanks again, AXS!) only to find out there aren't any tickets left now that it's my turn. Thanks one more time, AXS!

There's another presale tomorrow, right?

Ash512
I was stuck with the "sold out" sign for 15 minutes for Red Rocks night 2. I kept going at it and eventually it worked.
I have tickets for Raleigh, Atlanta, Franklin and both nights @ Red Rocks :)

laura
i sat in the queue for red rocks for 20 mins for night one and it threw a weird error, 35 mins for night two and they're gone. i'm still in the queue on my phone, even though i can refresh and see no availability on computer? here's hoping they only released a small number for the presale. :/

arewhyehen
02-08-2022, 11:35 AM
I finally got in to the RR night 2 and it says no tickets are available so it won't even let me put the presale password in and refresh for tickets

Discobunny
02-08-2022, 11:35 AM
I've been lucky enough to see NIN a bunch of times but never at Red Rocks. I hope I'm able to make it happen this time.
On an ironic note, just had to request a refund for Ministry in Anaheim because after it being rescheduled 78 times and me letting it ride, the new date is on a day I'm out of town for work.

fillow
02-08-2022, 11:36 AM

Someone on reddit suggested this as well and someone else replied that Ticketmaster fought to make this illegal (at least in some states). Because of course they fucking did.

thefragile_jake
02-08-2022, 11:37 AM
Does anyone know what the "AEG/RADIO/VENUE PRESALE" code is for Thursday?

Toadflax
02-08-2022, 11:38 AM
Good news: Red Rocks row 24
Bad news: Red rocks seats 1&2, allllll the way to the right

Discobunny
02-08-2022, 11:38 AM
Someone on reddit suggested this as well and someone else replied that Ticketmaster fought to make this illegal (at least in some states). Because of course they fucking did.

That sounds on brand.

klyrish
02-08-2022, 11:44 AM
Are we able to access this?

AEG/Radio/Venue Presale Offer Begins: Thu, Feb 10, 2022 - 10:00AM MST / Offer Ends: Thu, Feb 10, 2022 - 10:00PM MST

If so, where might one acquire this code?

thefragile_jake
02-08-2022, 11:45 AM
That’s what I’m trying to figure out myself too …

ponch
02-08-2022, 11:48 AM
Got a ticket after refreshing a lot of times for night 2 in row 27. fuck it

klyrish
02-08-2022, 11:48 AM
So what's the deal with Red Rocks and GA? Is GA up front at Red rocks?No, it's the upper rows. It's definitely worth the money for better seats. I deeply regret not getting reserved in 2018 for like $20/ticket more.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

ryanj101
02-08-2022, 11:55 AM
Stressful morning...I had tix already to Shaky Knees. Got a ticket to Cleveland and tickets for my wife and I for Red Rocks both nights just because I have always wanted to see a show there.

ekrekel
02-08-2022, 12:05 PM
Berkley confirmed!

cahernandez
02-08-2022, 12:05 PM
4 tickets GA for Berkeley, for me it was a breeze, but sorry to hear about everyone else having troubles with tickets. It's so much easier when venues are all GA.

spiralout
02-08-2022, 12:06 PM
After AXS told me something went wrong with the site, I ended up back in the queue. Got in, only for it to say that no tickets were available. Refreshed about a dozen times and got 2 tickets in row 38 for Red Rocks night one. NIN at Red Rocks is a bucket list thing for me. Can't wait.

redwingsrock
02-08-2022, 12:06 PM
No, it's the upper rows. It's definitely worth the money for better seats. I deeply regret not getting reserved in 2018 for like $20/ticket more.

Thanks! I was only able to get GA for Friday, so I went with it since that's what was available. I did get row 16 for Saturday.....seats 91 and 92 though, so far off to the side

allegate
02-08-2022, 12:07 PM
two for Troutdale at the winery. should be fun.

tfang
02-08-2022, 12:09 PM
Got through the Etix site for Troutdale with purchased tix before even getting trough the waiting room for Ticket Master... it was refreshing.

2 OR shows on the calendar.

Still can't believe I'm going to Bend for a NIN show....

eachpassingphase
02-08-2022, 12:10 PM
Currently sitting in the dumb fuck, horse shit queue for Vegas.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ LEND ME YOUR HIGH ENERGY, PIGGIES ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suprefan
02-08-2022, 12:12 PM

You mean just direct sales by them. If they made shows will call only with direct entry the resale market would diminish by quite a bit. All you have to do is open doors to respective venues earlier to deal with long lines and stuff. The thing is NIN wants to save money for some reason and dont wanna partner with a company do take care of it.

edit: ok what the hell with Berkley. That was a shoe in for getting mailed physical tickets and its only mobile. Bastards. If they add the option on the next sale Im changing the delivery method. So lame

Come_Reptile
02-08-2022, 12:14 PM
Troutdale was super easy if folks are on the fence about it.

witte
02-08-2022, 12:14 PM
Hoping for a third night Red Rocks ;)

tony.parente
02-08-2022, 12:19 PM
I was just about to say this! This crap is ridiculous. Then their disclaimer, “Ticket prices may increase due to demand.” I want to throat punch Ticketmaster execs.

Ticketmaster is paid to be the bad guy in these situations so the artists can save face. That extra money still goes to the artists performing.

suprefan
02-08-2022, 12:19 PM
Are we able to access this?

AEG/Radio/Venue Presale

Offer Begins: Thu, Feb 10, 2022 - 10:00AM MST / Offer Ends: Thu, Feb 10, 2022 - 10:00PM MST

If so, where might one acquire this code?

AEG mailing list, red rocks mailing list and the local denver rock station mailing list or soecial media. pretty much you should be on every email list when it comes to music venues and promoters to get all the passwords.

LenaMHJBKZ2
02-08-2022, 12:20 PM
This is a total cluster only gave me options for Platinum seat and no artist presale. I hate this so much.

Update: We’ll, that was fun. Got my tickets with the code, finally. I’ll see those who are attending the Vegas show.

Tumnayar
02-08-2022, 12:20 PM
The fuck are these ridiculous Vegas prices

loopcloses
02-08-2022, 12:21 PM
Got myself and a TBD plus one for Troutdale while in the waiting room for Bend. Bend seemed a little more interesting since I've never been that far into OR, but it's a much further drive from Seattle and Troutdale was easier to secure.

Has anyone been to this Edgefield venue? It looks pretty neat from the pictures, but then again the PNW is a pretty awesome place to put an amphitheater in general.

Swykk
02-08-2022, 12:21 PM
It looked real bleak for Vegas but I kept refreshing and got one!

suprefan
02-08-2022, 12:22 PM
Ticketmaster is paid to be the bad guy in these situations so the artists can save face. That extra money still goes to the artists performing.

Not when the artist has fought with the bad people in the past to get tickets into fans hands and now has essentially given up. Trent had all the power to not have platinum tickets even be a thing, but he chose not to do that. there is no way he doesnt know how that works either.

tony.parente
02-08-2022, 12:24 PM
Not when the artist has fought with the bad people in the past to get tickets into fans hands and now has essentially given up. Trent had all the power to not have platinum tickets even be a thing, but he chose not to do that. there is no way he doesnt know how that works either.

That's what i'm saying, ticketmasters entire business model at this point seems to be the hired bad guy puppet that does what each individual artist requests in terms of pricing and a lot of ticketing policies so that artist can say "sorry guys, you know...ticketmaster and everything am i right? -shrug emoji-"

$100 says in a few days there's gonna be some sort of "something's gonna get broken" tweet sympathizing with the ticket buyers (while the shows are already sold out) and the next tour will go the exact same way. Wash, rinse repeat.

sonic_discord
02-08-2022, 12:24 PM
Got tickets for Bend and Troutdale! I was SO tempted to do Red Rocks, but I have two very close friends in Portland, so that's going to be a cheaper trip for me. They'd better not cancel these all over again. The Cleveland shows being cancelled (I had floor tickets for both shows) and them pulling out of Riot Fest (which I still attended) broke my damn heart. Super excited to finally see my favorite band again!!

eachpassingphase
02-08-2022, 12:27 PM
How the fuck are tickets for Vegas somehow cheaper on stubhub?

thefragile_jake
02-08-2022, 12:27 PM
AEG mailing list, red rocks mailing list and the local denver rock station mailing list or soecial media. pretty much you should be on every email list when it comes to music venues and promoters to get all the passwords.

Anyone have helpful links to get on said mailing lists? I literally can't find anything lol

Vorticanteven
02-08-2022, 12:31 PM
Got my Troutdale tickets! Haven’t seen NIN live since 2013. C’mooooon Covid don’t fuck this up!

suprefan
02-08-2022, 12:31 PM
Anyone have helpful links to get on said mailing lists? I literally can't find anything lol

Red Rocks literally has it on their front page.

https://www.redrocksonline.com/signup/

FULLMETAL
02-08-2022, 12:34 PM
It seems TM paused the Vegas presale & just reactivated it. Snagged a Pit ticket for $269. Not sure if that's the normal or Official Platinum price.

armogi
02-08-2022, 12:43 PM
I’m in shock, got in Berkeley like a breeze 5mn ago

eachpassingphase
02-08-2022, 12:46 PM
Went back in, snagged two seats for a reasonable price. Hell yes. Those initial prices gave me cold feet and I almost gave up and ran to stubhub out of spite.

thefragile_jake
02-08-2022, 12:51 PM
Red Rocks literally has it on their front page.

https://www.redrocksonline.com/signup/

I literally didn’t see it.

klyrish
02-08-2022, 12:52 PM
AEG mailing list, red rocks mailing list and the local denver rock station mailing list or soecial media. pretty much you should be on every email list when it comes to music venues and promoters to get all the passwords.Thanks. Just signed up for RR. Hopefully it's not too late.

tony.parente
02-08-2022, 12:53 PM
I literally didn’t see it.
Its the form on the page that Suprefan linked to, the one to join the mailing list haha
You put your name, email and zip code in there and it should put you on the list.

suprefan
02-08-2022, 12:53 PM
It seems TM paused the Vegas presale & just reactivated it. Snagged a Pit ticket for $269. Not sure if that's the normal or Official Platinum price.

Face value was $199. Gotta keep the vegas tax in mind for that which is 9% on any ticket. fees were $47.

thefragile_jake
02-08-2022, 12:56 PM
Its the form on the page that Suprefan linked to, the one to join the mailing list haha
You put your name, email and zip code in there and it should put you on the list.

Haha! :) I did it! Haha!

Hazard
02-08-2022, 12:57 PM
I'm still trying for Las Vegas. I don't want to do the platinum. I keep getting error messages :(

edit: Hooray I got something and it wasn't $1000 either

"Sec 208 Row U seats 10-11"

tony.parente
02-08-2022, 12:59 PM
Haha! :) I did it! Haha!
I was getting ready to tell you to clear your cache/cookies and flush your DNS haha

xolotl
02-08-2022, 01:18 PM
Not when the artist has fought with the bad people in the past to get tickets into fans hands and now has essentially given up.

I mean, I certainly can't argue against that statement as-is, but it feels a bit unfair to me. Like, there's still a global pandemic which has been devastating the live music industry. Ticketmaster/Live Nation have seized on that opportunity to even further entrench their poisonous monopoly. Who even knows what kind of power even bigger names have over them anymore? Shows and even tours can get cancelled at the drop of a hat. He's another half-decade older, while raising a bunch of kids. They're probably scoring another seven David Fincher movies. It's a small handful of shows across some relatively limited markets... Sure, in the face of all that, maybe he's "given up" on fighting with Ticketmaster about this kind of thing. Maybe he did try but the TM/LN juggernaut is even less steerable than it was a decade ago.

Maybe Tony's right and TR's just smirking to himself behind the facade of TM/LN, but IMO it's more likely that it just didn't seem worth the energy in the face of, you know, *waves hands.* Sure, that equates to "giving up," but I've got a hard time blaming him for it.

Swykk
02-08-2022, 01:21 PM
Sooooooo do we start up NEW ALBUM/EP speculation at this juncture or nah?

suprefan
02-08-2022, 01:32 PM
I mean, I certainly can't argue against that statement as-is, but it feels a bit unfair to me. Like, there's still a global pandemic which has been devastating the live music industry. Ticketmaster/Live Nation have seized on that opportunity to even further entrench their poisonous monopoly. Who even knows what kind of power even bigger names have over them anymore? Shows and even tours can get cancelled at the drop of a hat. He's another half-decade older, while raising a bunch of kids. They're probably scoring another seven David Fincher movies. It's a small handful of shows across some relatively limited markets... Sure, in the face of all that, maybe he's "given up" on fighting with Ticketmaster about this kind of thing. Maybe he did try but the TM/LN juggernaut is even less steerable than it was a decade ago.

Maybe Tony's right and TR's just smirking to himself behind the facade of TM/LN, but IMO it's more likely that it just didn't seem worth the energy in the face of, you know, *waves hands.* Sure, that equates to "giving up," but I've got a hard time blaming him for it.

Trust me, artists have lots of power right now. Because if the big ones dont go out there and tour then LN isnt surviving like it should be. If the summer shed tours didnt happen this year it would destroy their bottom line so there has to be incentive on LN with booking acts. They totally have the right to say whats allowable and what isnt when it comes to ticket sales. I mean Trent probably couldve gone out of his way and booked some random outdoor venues if he chose to and flip off LN in the process. Theres plenty of those that are not in LN's grasp, but its a trade off with convenience for fans and such to go to places like that. I would maybe consider that after the deal he struck with them for the 2018 tour that it was the last favor he got to cash in with them and this time covid just gave him an easy out. Question now is when does Trent maybe feel like stopping with live performance. Shoot, there was a legit way Trent couldve set up a Vegas residency and played the Joint a few weekends every year and people would keep coming cause Trent likely wouldve wanted to keep things fresh and vary the setlist up every date, or use it as a way to flesh out new material.

sweeterthan
02-08-2022, 01:36 PM

fingers crossed. he told us last april or may he was working on nin. the time is now reznor!

Hazard
02-08-2022, 02:02 PM
platinum was like 10x that. I kept having to re-do the filter to hide those. Lucky getting a pit ticket! I kept trying but gave up.

allegate
02-08-2022, 02:13 PM
Year One would be cool but also the hardest to do since he said that even continuing the trilogy was "too predictable".

Year 2195 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handmaid%27s_Tale) looking back at the events following Year Zero would also be fascinating.

But I'm focusing too much on that instead of actual new music.

Vorticanteven
02-08-2022, 02:14 PM

Hell yeah! I really want new music, but I also never saw any of the last 3 EP’s material live so if new songs don’t happen before this tour I won’t be completely heartbroken. I really want to know the opening bands bands though - I’m always happy with NIN’s openers!

klyrish
02-08-2022, 02:42 PM
So we can still buy tickets on StubHub? The verbiage before checkout made it seem like reselling was going to be difficult due to how these tickets work. But if it's a valid transaction through StubHub, it's okay? The tickets will work?

02-08-2022, 02:49 PM
This was an incredibly difficult process and I ended up with nothing for Cleveland presale. I half expected this, though. Good luck to everybody buying during general sale!

nmitchell86
02-08-2022, 03:05 PM
They should have done an ARG to get access to get tickets. That would have been better and a lot of fun... just for the nin fan sale block of tickets though. The rest could still have been sold the regular rip off route on Friday. I'm not mad, I've given in to the fact that I'm just going with fuck it and going secondary market to get either PIT or bad ass seats because it will be the same on Friday. Either way, I'll pick what I want vs. TM/ LN saying, "here, we'll let you in the que, but you can only get these shitty lawn "seats" for the Cleveland Show".

sweeterthan
02-08-2022, 03:11 PM
i naively believed cleveland would be an easy ticket to obtain since the venue is bigger than the last cleveland dates.

FULLMETAL
02-08-2022, 03:25 PM
For a 7,000 seat venue, the eTix presale was painless.

It seems AXS.com had some technical problems given the overwhelming demand of both nights going on sale at the same time. Still, they didn't suck nearly as bad as the fucking elephant in the room.

Ticketmaster/LiveNation are just shitty. With all of the bullshit fees they tack on, you'd think their IT infrastructure would be near flawless for every on sale event. Alas, they can't figure out how to stop resellers & automated bots. If you're logged into your TM account, why do they need to text your phone number to verify your identify, much less EVERY TIME you enter a ticket queue? Not to mention how difficult it is to find ticket pricing & accurate venue seating layouts ahead of the presale. All this said, Dynamic Pricing should never take place during an Artist's presale & Official Platinum tickets are a [expletives deleted] scam!

Anyhow, here's to a healthy and fun 2022 tour with as many tapers doing the Cleveland show as possible.

thenorthwood
02-08-2022, 03:27 PM
Searched relentlessly and about 30 minutes into the Cleveland presale was able to grab pit tickets. Completely shut out of both dates in Denver. Tried the presale in Las Vegas, but kept getting the message about someone else already getting the tickets or it froze. I wasn’t interested in the 200 or 300 seating tiers for the time and money invested.

I know this is just the first presale, but maybe this is a sign to take a moment and reassess if I should invest the time and money into shows that require flights. I’ve flown many times to see them before, but perhaps I should try to be patient for future announcements closer to home. Is it reasonable to be happy with just one show this tour cycle? I don’t know, lol. It’s just so dang hard to not get swept up in the excitement!

elevenism
02-08-2022, 03:29 PM

See, yeah, no.

I wouldn't pay $269 to see Jesus Christ and his All Star Band.

And I'm a left wing Christian.

otnavuskire
02-08-2022, 03:35 PM
I decided it was pit or nothing for me for Cleveland. I don't like Cleveland, so if I was going to go there, it was gonna be the pit. Sadly I struck out when I tried earlier today. Hopefully a bigger tour happens next year.

The good news is, I don't have to go to Cleveland.

buzburbank
02-08-2022, 03:46 PM
So we can still buy tickets on StubHub? The verbiage before checkout made it seem like reselling was going to be difficult due to how these tickets work. But if it's a valid transaction through StubHub, it's okay? The tickets will work?

Ultimately, you're at the mercy of StubHub's reputation, and guarantee. Probably safer than a shady private transaction offering you a screenshot, download, or code (ETS.org members excluded, of course), but not as safe as one mediated by TM, LiveNation, or the venue's own ticket vendor.

cdm
02-08-2022, 03:48 PM
LOL at the idea artists have any leverage over a multi-billion dollar corp ready to burst out of a pandemic to record profits.

m0reta
02-08-2022, 04:01 PM
Well I guess if you want Red Rocks, now Ticketmaster has a bunch of resell tickets up on their end. Most are GA which will be in back/top behind row 41.

ViN
02-08-2022, 04:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/WH4Cymm.jpg

suprefan
02-08-2022, 05:03 PM
LOL at the idea artists have any leverage over a multi-billion dollar corp ready to burst out of a pandemic to record profits.

If they choose not to perform, the promoters have nothing to work with. Hows that for leverage. That just happened with Coachella and them losing Rage Against the Machine in the 11th hour. Again, artists have say, they choose their level of involvement when it comes to touring and what will affect fans who buy their tickets. Platinum ticketing is literally a mouse click that the artist can say does or doesnt happen.

Cookster426
02-08-2022, 05:45 PM
Scored Cleveland tix and first night of Red Rocks. Couldn't get tix for the second night:(

cdm
02-08-2022, 06:26 PM
If they choose not to perform, the promoters have nothing to work with. Hows that for leverage. That just happened with Coachella and them losing Rage Against the Machine in the 11th hour. Again, artists have say, they choose their level of involvement when it comes to touring and what will affect fans who buy their tickets. Platinum ticketing is literally a mouse click that the artist can say does or doesnt happen.

I’ll be honest, I don’t give a shit if they want to algorithm a section or two if the majority of the tickets are reasonably priced. Only speaking for Cleveland as that was the venue I was shopping, that seemed to be the case.

As for artists refusing to play, there’s zero chance RATM sitting out a festival moved any needles at LiveNation. Leverage? They were replaced with Kanye, Harry Stiles, and Billie Eilish. They fell ass backwards into a lineup with equal, if not more, draw than with Rage. And with all due respect to TR, if NIN were to walk from LN terms the revenue loss from six dates doesn’t even register.

K-Rice
02-08-2022, 07:30 PM
I scored a single day ticket to Shaky Knees months ago when it was first announced. Louder Than Life just teased NIN as well. I had such a fun time there last year despite NIN pulling out, I’ll probably go again this year. I also have tentative plans to catch one of the Rammstein shows so that will probably be the end of my concert budget this year.

Discobunny
02-08-2022, 11:37 PM
AXS premium, which I somehow had open from earlier today has a smattering of really good tickets in pairs. If anyone is looking for something specific. I just spent way too much on my dream tickets for Saturday Red Rocks.

thefragile_jake
02-09-2022, 12:13 AM
It's been my dream to see Nine Inch Nails do back to back shows, and I honestly didn't think I'd ever get the chance. So happy I decided to make the trip to Red Rocks this fall. My wife and I's first time going to Denver too!

Good thing there's more chances for those Saturday shows as while I was lucky enough to get Friday, there's no way I'm missing out the next day. I wonder if more tour dates will also be announced? All of this has me really excited for who he'll have open for him too. Would love for Trent to bring Tobacco back, but I'm also not sure who he's been really into musically as of late.

With Yves Tumor, the Flaming Lips, Cat Power, Destroyer, Kraftwerk ALONG with Nine Inch Nails on my upcoming list ... things are really starting to feel ever so normal again. Couldn't have come at a more important time in my life.

klyrish
02-09-2022, 12:15 AM
I hope he gets DEP to get back together for these shows.

suprefan
02-09-2022, 12:47 AM
I hope he gets DEP to get back together for these shows.

Think that reunion is getting saved for The Bamboozle next year.

elevenism
02-09-2022, 12:59 AM
So I'm gonna try to get tickets for at least one night.

I guess that's the morning of the 11th, the next time we can try?

I.don't even have a cell phone. Can I get tickets with my tablet?

redwingsrock
02-09-2022, 06:33 AM
I ended up splurging on the AXS premium tickets for Red Rocks. I have two GA tickets that I'm will to sell at face value ($85) to the Friday Night Red Rocks show. If anyone is interested, please message me.

Thanks!

paul_is_dead
02-09-2022, 07:28 AM
Europe in the summer?

Failure
02-09-2022, 07:58 AM
The whole pre-sale experience from yesterday still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I am now looking on StubHub and there are better tickets (for Raleigh) than the ones I got yesterday, for significantly cheaper amounts. This official platinum shit is a straight scam. The fact that it's the year 2022 and Ticketmaster still has a stronghold on the industry is just...perplexing. Didn't Pearl Jam circumvent all of this on the "No Code" tour over 25 years ago?? There has to be a better way.

allegate
02-09-2022, 09:38 AM
The whole pre-sale experience from yesterday still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I am now looking on StubHub and there are better tickets (for Raleigh) than the ones I got yesterday, for significantly cheaper amounts. This official platinum shit is a straight scam. The fact that it's the year 2022 and Ticketmaster still has a stronghold on the industry is just...perplexing. Didn't Pearl Jam circumvent all of this on the "No Code" tour over 25 years ago?? There has to be a better way.

In May 1994, the grunge (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grunge) band Pearl Jam (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Jam) filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Department_of_Justice) claiming Ticketmaster had cut the group out of venue bookings in a dispute over fees.[41] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticketmaster#cite_note-41) The investigation was closed without action in 1995, though the Justice Department stated it would continue to monitor the developments in the ticket industry.[42] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticketmaster#cite_note-:7-42)[43] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticketmaster#cite_note-43) Chuck Philips (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Philips), a reporter who covered the issue,[44] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticketmaster#cite_note-Ticketmaster_6-44)[45] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticketmaster#cite_note-Ticketmaster_5-45)[46] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticketmaster#cite_note-Ticketmaster_4-46)[47] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticketmaster#cite_note-47) was told by sources close to the case that the investigation was closed due to a combination of a shortage of resources and the case being difficult and having uncertain prospects.[42] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticketmaster#cite_note-:7-42)basically the Justice Department had just came off that big case with Microsoft and they were just too tired to take another one.

and since then they've just stopped trying, really.

Hazard
02-09-2022, 10:01 AM
It's been my dream to see Nine Inch Nails do back to back shows, and I honestly didn't think I'd ever get the chance. So happy I decided to make the trip to Red Rocks this fall. My wife and I's first time going to Denver too!

I saw them two nights in a row at Red Rocks last time around. My first time there. It was the best experience of my life. I sprung for expensive seats night one and ended up sitting next to the guitarist for Jesus Mary Chain, who gave me backstage passes, where we were served BBQ (I didn't meet anyone, too shy anyway). Night two I was in GA and a thunderstorm was rolling in the background.

Seeing your favorite band at Red Rocks is worth every penny. Have fun!

Hazard
02-09-2022, 10:06 AM
The whole pre-sale experience from yesterday still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I am now looking on StubHub and there are better tickets (for Raleigh) than the ones I got yesterday, for significantly cheaper amounts. This official platinum shit is a straight scam.

I really wanted GA If I'm flying to las vegas but I got whatever was available so I'm way off to the side. It seems like when I'm in a seat like that people are just semi interested in the band. Maybe I just do Stubhub GA. That's so fucking frustrating. Like I get emails from places with unique one-time use codes all the time so this isn't new technology.

mojambo
02-09-2022, 10:19 AM
Hi all,

Looking for some advice here. I wanted to get a ticket (I don't know anyone else who likes NIN enough to drive 4 hours to see them with me) for the Vegas show. Like all of you guys, I was frustrated by the way the presale worked. Finally around 20 minutes into the presale, I was able to purchase a ticket in section 203 row D. Pretty good, but I had really wanted to get a pit ticket. Scared that if I didn't jump on this ticket, I would get nothing at all, I went ahead and purchased the ticket.

After completing the purchase, just out of curiosity, I rejoined the queue and got back in. And of course, wouldn't you know, I was able to snag a pit ticket. So now I am sitting on a pit ticket (which I intend to use), and a reserved seat ticket (which I don't). Not only do I hate the idea of paying $200 for a ticket that I won't use, I also hate that another fan will be shut out of seeing them due to my impatience and FOMO. I contacted TM, but predictably they informed me that the ticket was not refundable.

So now I am here, asking for some advice from you fine folks. Do I have any options here? I would put it on a resale site if I could, but I don't think that's possible is it? I would price it at a very cheap price, because I just want to get some money back and get it in the hands of a fan. Or if anyone here would like to meet at the venue the day of the show, I guess something could be arranged. I'm not trying to break any rules here or use this site as a selling venue, I'm simply trying to avoid an empty seat at the venue.

Thanks to all!

xolotl
02-09-2022, 10:21 AM
I really wanted GA If I'm flying to las vegas but I got whatever was available so I'm way off to the side. It seems like when I'm in a seat like that people are just semi interested in the band. Maybe I just do Stubhub GA. That's so fucking frustrating. Like I get emails from places with unique one-time use codes all the time so this isn't new technology.

I mean, it's probably a bit early to be resorting to parasites like Stubhub, when the public onsale hasn't even happened yet. See what happens on Friday, first, perhaps?

I think there's "LiveNation" presales happening on Thursday as well; I wonder how one gets passwords for those.

Failure
02-09-2022, 10:28 AM
StubHub is probably not to be trusted these days. I tried to get a human being on the phone over the summer because I purchased tickets to Garbage and I never received them (with the concert rapidly approaching). By the day of the show, I still had no tickets and no response. So I had to get Ticketmaster tickets while I was literally tailgating and then luckily Capital One reversed the StubHub charge immediately. StubHub had 90 days to dispute, but never even acknowledged. I wonder if they even have employees anymore or if it’s just machines and algos. Hah..

cdm
02-09-2022, 10:28 AM
Hi all,

Looking for some advice here. I wanted to get a ticket (I don't know anyone else who likes NIN enough to drive 4 hours to see them with me) for the Vegas show. Like all of you guys, I was frustrated by the way the presale worked. Finally around 20 minutes into the presale, I was able to purchase a ticket in section 203 row D. Pretty good, but I had really wanted to get a pit ticket. Scared that if I didn't jump on this ticket, I would get nothing at all, I went ahead and purchased the ticket.

After completing the purchase, just out of curiosity, I rejoined the queue and got back in. And of course, wouldn't you know, I was able to snag a pit ticket. So now I am sitting on a pit ticket (which I intend to use), and a reserved seat ticket (which I don't). Not only do I hate the idea of paying $200 for a ticket that I won't use, I also hate that another fan will be shut out of seeing them due to my impatience and FOMO. I contacted TM, but predictably they informed me that the ticket was not refundable.

So now I am here, asking for some advice from you fine folks. Do I have any options here? I would put it on a resale site if I could, but I don't think that's possible is it? I would price it at a very cheap price, because I just want to get some money back and get it in the hands of a fan. Or if anyone here would like to meet at the venue the day of the show, I guess something could be arranged. I'm not trying to break any rules here or use this site as a selling venue, I'm simply trying to avoid an empty seat at the venue.

Thanks to all!

First of all, welcome.

Second, Ticketmaster operates a secondary market and you should be able to sell it there. You can also transfer tickets to another party but it would be unwise to do that unless 1. you know the person and 2. you exchange for physical cash. Otherwise it would be very easy to get scammed when not selling through a reputable secondary market. All that aside, my advice to you would be to sell it asap for face value + fees so you don't take a loss. Sept is a long way out and a lot of things can change given covid. Demand could drop, etc. Sell it now to recoup your money and let it be someone else's worry. Good luck.

mojambo
02-09-2022, 10:36 AM
First of all, welcome.

Second, Ticketmaster operates a secondary market and you should be able to sell it there. You can also transfer tickets to another party but it would be unwise to do that unless 1. you know the person and 2. you exchange for physical cash. Otherwise it would be very easy to get scammed when not selling through a reputable secondary market. All that aside, my advice to you would be to sell it asap for face value + fees so you don't take a loss. Sept is a long way out and a lot of things can change given covid. Demand could drop, etc. Sell it now to recoup your money and let it be someone else's worry. Good luck.

Hey, thanks for the welcome and the advice. When I log into my TM account and go to the ticket page, both the "Transfer Tickets" and "Sell Tickets" buttons are disabled. Does that mean those options will never be available to me?

cdm
02-09-2022, 10:40 AM
Hey, thanks for the welcome and the advice. When I log into my TM account and go to the ticket page, both the "Transfer Tickets" and "Sell Tickets" buttons are disabled. Does that mean those options will never be available to me?

I bought a ticket to the Cleveland show and the Sell Tickets option is also disabled. I suspect it will be an option once the public sale goes live on Friday, though I'm not certain of that. For whatever reason Transfer is active currently for my ticket.

mojambo
02-09-2022, 10:46 AM
I bought a ticket to the Cleveland show and the Sell Tickets option is also disabled. I suspect it will be an option once the public sale goes live on Friday, though I'm not certain of that. For whatever reason Transfer is active currently for my ticket.
That's good to hear. Hopefully I can sell it after the sale to the general public. Thanks!

thefragile_jake
02-09-2022, 10:52 AM
I saw them two nights in a row at Red Rocks last time around. My first time there. It was the best experience of my life. I sprung for expensive seats night one and ended up sitting next to the guitarist for Jesus Mary Chain, who gave me backstage passes, where we were served BBQ (I didn't meet anyone, too shy anyway). Night two I was in GA and a thunderstorm was rolling in the background.

Seeing your favorite band at Red Rocks is worth every penny. Have fun!

Thank you so much! I can't wait. :)

So, you ended up going for the expensive seats you say? Did you do the AXS Premium or whatever it's called for the more upcharged prices? I keep seeing the only thing available for the really close rows are double pairs of tickets at like $300+ a ticket and I'm wondering if I just bite the bullet and have a closer seat/experience on the second night instead of dealing with the hassle of the pre-sale/general sale.

With these that are available now, they're non-transferrable ... but I wouldn't be giving these up anyway with it being Night 2.

FULLMETAL
02-09-2022, 12:05 PM
My thinking is that the small selection of AXS Premium pairs will be held at the exorbitant price through the public on-sale to fish in anyone else willing to pay. Should the allocation not sell out by a certain point, they'll be available for the "normal" ticket price.

m0reta
02-09-2022, 06:22 PM
Donate some money and get entered into chance for Primervera VIP tickets (and a smashed guitar from Brisbane, AUS show ages ago).

https://fandiem.com/nin

Money goes to people in the music biz.

That other guy
02-09-2022, 07:57 PM
Had a weird thing happen, got my seats for Cleveland, had many issues with getting logged out and kicked from the Q, somehow ended up with seats and lawn spots, hopefully will be able to sell, since they won’t refund, I have no idea how it happened.

Hopefully we will witness one crazy night..

ekrekel
02-10-2022, 09:10 AM
Venue Presale for Berkeley in about 3 hours if you missed out on the band sale.
https://twitter.com/GreekBerkeley/status/1490819799223398400

Moebius
02-10-2022, 09:14 AM
The Queue Has Been Temporarily Paused

Well, that's a new one...

Kid A
02-10-2022, 09:15 AM
Lol I came here to say the same thing. Things are looking up for today's presales!

Moebius
02-10-2022, 09:18 AM
Lol I came here to say the same thing. Things are looking up for today's presales!

I'm getting the pause message in the Cleveland queue, is that what you're in too?

Kid A
02-10-2022, 09:21 AM
I'm getting the pause message in the Cleveland queue, is that what you're in too?
I'm in the Raleigh queue...interesting that it's happening to both east coast time shows.

Deacon Blackfire
02-10-2022, 09:36 AM
"We appreciate your patience as we allow the foxes to raid the hen-house."

Mine is unpaused now but moving ridiculously slowly. Seems trustworthy...

buckets of lube
02-10-2022, 09:50 AM
Still in the Cleveland queue with 1272 people ahead...

02-10-2022, 09:55 AM
Does anyone have a Cleveland presale code? I'm still waiting in the queue with 2000+ ahead of me, but have no idea what to type when it lets me in!

Edit: Thank you to the poster below!

FULLMETAL
02-10-2022, 09:55 AM
I do enjoy these old-school concert announcement videos:

I'm still at 2,000+ point in my queue.

klyrish
02-10-2022, 10:07 AM
How soon does the queue open up? I'm trying to get in for the 9/3 RR show and it just shows, "COMING SOON" for the AEG/RADIO/VENUE PRESALE. Guess I'll keep refreshing every few minutes.

sticksandhair
02-10-2022, 10:18 AM
This is THE WORST ticket buying experience of my life! I was in the queue for an hour, it finally got to 42 people ahead of me and kicked me out! So back in and 2000+ ahead of me AGAIN. Same shit as Tuesday. When I did get into the ticket picking part Tuesday every time I picked and went to buy I got the ... someone else beat you to them BS. I finally got 2 seats in basket that were just "OK" and my bill was 808$ FUCK THAT! Then some pit started showing up about every 10 minutes but every time some one else beat me message. Still in a queue, an hour and a half later.

Also, I think the mobile app password is COVERT haven't gotten far enough to find out let though. So pissed!

tony.parente
02-10-2022, 10:20 AM
Until most bands stop using ticketmaster this will literally never change.

sticksandhair
02-10-2022, 10:21 AM
Got in, no tickets left. eta: Cleveland

arewhyehen
02-10-2022, 10:31 AM
Couldn't get in on the LN app this morning because it thought I was a bot. My wife got in on her phone and was 238 in line when it opened up. It took her 28 minutes to get in for the Franklin show. No tickets. How did it take 28 minutes to let 238 people in?

klyrish
02-10-2022, 10:32 AM
How soon does the queue open up? I'm trying to get in for the 9/3 RR show and it just shows, "COMING SOON" for the AEG/RADIO/VENUE PRESALE. Guess I'll keep refreshing every few minutes.

Question answered: the waiting room opened at 9:30. I AM READY TO BE DISAPPOINTED AGAIN

kdrcraig
02-10-2022, 10:37 AM
Question answered: the waiting room opened at 9:30. I AM READY TO BE DISAPPOINTED AGAIN

Do you know what the code is for that presale? I got in the waiting room and then realized I never got an email with the code.

sticksandhair
02-10-2022, 10:38 AM
What I don't understand is why has it gotten worse? all these years, all the tech, and it just gets worse and worse.

02-10-2022, 10:42 AM

What's the alternative? You'd think NIN would have tried it already.

tony.parente
02-10-2022, 10:43 AM
What I don't understand is why has it gotten worse? all these years, all the tech, and it just gets worse and worse.
Super simple, Ticketmaster/Livenation keeps pushing and pushing to see how much they're able to get away with and bands are all "k" and still use them for ticketing and still play at livenation owned venues and play at livenation only festivals. So then Ticketmaster/Livenation keep pushing and bands keep saying "k" and the cycle will continue until you end up having to pay for a ticket to buy tickets on their own secondhand ticketing sites.

At the end of the day the bands still get paid because tickets are still being sold, and people are still in the crowd at their shows. The bands really aren't being affected at the end of the day. Ticketmaster is convenient for them so bands will continue to allow ticketmaster to abuse their fans.

klyrish
02-10-2022, 10:44 AM
do you know what the code is for that presale? I got in the waiting room and then realized i never got an email with the code.

Edit for capitalization: NINROCKS

kdrcraig
02-10-2022, 10:46 AM
Edit for capitalization: NINROCKS

Thank you! Managed to get Saturday tickets in the first presale, hoping to get 2 for Friday today

cdm
02-10-2022, 10:46 AM
Super simple, Ticketmaster/Livenation keeps pushing and pushing to see how much they're able to get away with and bands are all "k" and still use them for ticketing and still play at livenation owned venues and play at livenation only festivals. So then Ticketmaster/Livenation keep pushing and bands keep saying "k" and the cycle will continue until you end up having to pay for a ticket to buy tickets on their own secondhand ticketing sites.

Yep. Government intervention will be the only way to stop that train and that's never going to happen until they reign in lobbying dollars, which is also never going to happen.

tony.parente
02-10-2022, 10:53 AM
Yep. Government intervention will be the only way to stop that train and that's never going to happen until they reign in lobbying dollars, which is also never going to happen.

Yup, government intervention or bands saying "nope"

arewhyehen
02-10-2022, 11:00 AM
What's the alternative? You'd think NIN would have tried it already.

When big artists were upset they were losing money on streaming their music from platforms like spotify, they came together and created TIDAL to help pay artsits more money for streaming their music. It's much different when it's their fans losing the money. It would be nice to see some of those same big artists come together and create a ticket selling platform to compete with TM.

arewhyehen
02-10-2022, 11:01 AM
I am not sure how big the pit in Franklin, TN is, but there are currently over 180 pit tickets on stubhub alone. That is frustrating as hell, when I can't even find a good pair of seats anywhere in the venue

klyrish
02-10-2022, 11:01 AM
Queue hasn't moved at all for NIN 9/3 but I'm almost in for Halsey...

cdm
02-10-2022, 11:07 AM
Yup, government intervention or bands saying "nope"

And this (https://www.livenation.com/venue-sitemap)makes it increasingly more difficult for artists to say nope.

thefragile_jake
02-10-2022, 11:07 AM
This is unbearable.

tony.parente
02-10-2022, 11:09 AM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/wDbIgwBIsTI3vBjuXD/giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bb5ke26ej2z7rcroswubucma29un2 7gycj7bnwtfo&rid=giphy.gif&ct=v
NIN this weekend on social media

cdm
02-10-2022, 11:11 AM
When big artists were upset they were losing money on streaming their music from platforms like spotify, they came together and created TIDAL to help pay artsits more money for streaming their music. It's much different when it's their fans losing the money. It would be nice to see some of those same big artists come together and create a ticket selling platform to compete with TM.

It's not that easy. LiveNation has gobbled up so many venues of all sizes said artists would be booking from a prohibitively small roster of venues in many parts of the country. We're so far past that being an option.

kdrcraig
02-10-2022, 11:14 AM
Looks like tickets are gone for Red Rocks night 1

klyrish
02-10-2022, 11:18 AM
Looks like tickets are gone for Red Rocks night 1

Same for night 2. What an absolute fucking crock of shit. I am furious.

klyrish
02-10-2022, 11:20 AM
I don't even think I'm going to bother wasting my time with this again tomorrow and will just get raped in the TM reseller market. I fucking love capitalism.

m0reta
02-10-2022, 11:23 AM
I don't even think I'm going to bother wasting my time with this again tomorrow and will just get raped in the TM reseller market. I fucking love capitalism.

Eh..if you feel you must go to resellers, you might as well get tickets under the Premium Non-Transferable option at axs.com. Costs are $325-362. I see seats starting at rows 3 and 4 on left and right that are still pretty durn close.

thefragile_jake
02-10-2022, 11:25 AM
I just missed a meeting for work and spent a stupid amount of money to make sure i got tickets lol

klyrish
02-10-2022, 11:25 AM
Eh..if you feel you must go to resellers, you might as well get tickets under the Premium Non-Transferable option at axs.com. Costs are $325-362. I see seats starting at rows 3 and 4 on left and right that are still pretty durn close.

How/where? I just checked and got the same bullshit:
There are currently no tickets available
Continue to check back as additional tickets may become available for purchase at a later time.

m0reta
02-10-2022, 11:38 AM

Continue to check back as additional tickets may become available for purchase at a later time.

Try this link first for 9/2 show.

https://www.axs.com/events/425564/nine-inch-nails-tickets/promopage/30994?q=Nine+Inch+Nails+9%2F2&locale=en-US

Scroll down to button that says 'AXS PREMIUM NON-TRANSFERABLE-TRANSFERABLE'. Click. Go forth!

Here is 9/3 if you need it instead or too:

https://www.axs.com/events/425567/nine-inch-nails-tickets/promopage/30997?q=Nine+Inch+Nails+9%2F2&locale=en-US

EDIT: To be clear, these are NON-TRANSFERABLE! If you can't risk loosing this money, do not buy of course!

elevenism
02-10-2022, 11:40 AM

Mee too; I was in line before the goddamn thing opened and...yeah, it's like that South park episode where the kids in Afghanistan are about to go in the movie theater and then it blows up.

I actually liked driving to Denver and standing in a physical line better, I think, because... I like ...GOT tickets for both nights?

THIS way, I was able to NOT get tickets for EITHER night, all from the comfort of home!

klyrish
02-10-2022, 11:44 AM
Try this link first for 9/2 show.

https://www.axs.com/events/425564/nine-inch-nails-tickets/promopage/30994?q=Nine+Inch+Nails+9%2F2&locale=en-US

Scroll down to button that says 'AXS PREMIUM NON-TRANSFERABLE-TRANSFERABLE'. Click. Go forth!

Here is 9/3 if you need it instead or too:

https://www.axs.com/events/425567/nine-inch-nails-tickets/promopage/30997?q=Nine+Inch+Nails+9%2F2&locale=en-US
Fuck's sake, that's exactly what I did before but now it worked. Just an incredible user experience all around.

Arcspiral
02-10-2022, 11:52 AM

I don't think it's up to bands though is it? Pretty sure the venue is the one that has partnership with ticket companies. There are only like 2 or 3 venues (not DIY or local) that are independent anymore in Denver.

LexTron6K
02-10-2022, 12:01 PM
And this (https://www.livenation.com/venue-sitemap)makes it increasingly more difficult for artists to say nope.

BINGO.

When the initial ticket sales, the resale ticket sales and the venues themselves are all happening under the same corporate roof nothing short of legislative intervention to break up that monopoly is going to work. And so long as our legislative bodies are all bought out by these very same corporate entities that legislative intervention will never occur.

xolotl
02-10-2022, 12:13 PM
BINGO.

When the initial ticket sales, the resale ticket sales and the venues themselves are all happening under the same corporate roof nothing short of legislative intervention to break up that monopoly is going to work. And so long as our legislative bodies are all bought out by these very same corporate entities that legislative intervention will never occur.

Apropos, from the perspective of one of the few remaining truly independent clubs in San Francisco, from 2018 before things got even worse: https://www.dnalounge.com/backstage/log/2018/01/31.html

I agree that if, like, 90% of the bands currently trying to tour said "nope" to Ticketmaster (and thus almost certainly take on financial hits due to the realities of doing so nowadays, after ~2years of mostly having zero touring income), maybe Ticketmaster would be forced to start making concessions. But, like, can I muster much disappointment that NIN isn't among the vanguard taking that stand? I very much suspect that for NIN (and a lot of bands) nowadays, it's deal with Ticketmaster or Don't Tour At All. At least this way we're getting some NIN.

Anyway, on an unrelated note, alas! Got stuck in emergencyish work stuff all morning, so missed out on the second Cleveland presale today. Here's hoping I have better luck tomorrow morning on the public sale!

buckets of lube
02-10-2022, 01:17 PM
End up jumping in the queue for the Greek Theatre show and scored two tickets. Very happy, this venue's been on my bucket list and the whole thing being GA makes it so much more convenient to plan. Now to plan the rest of the cross-country adventure...

allegate
02-10-2022, 01:28 PM
For everyone saying "go somewhere other than a Ticketmaster venue" Pearl Jam tried that back in 1995 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitalogy_Tour).
The band continued its boycott against Ticketmaster (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticketmaster) during its tour of the United States, refusing to play in Ticketmaster's venue areas, but was surprised that virtually no other bands joined it in refusing to play at Ticketmaster venues.[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitalogy_Tour#cite_note-1) The band chose to use alternate ticketing companies for the shows.

The tour of the United States faced various troubles. Bassist Jeff Ament (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Ament) said that the band and its crew had to " shows from the ground up, a venue everywhere we went."[2] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitalogy_Tour#cite_note-tenpast-2) In June 1995, the band was scheduled to play at San Francisco's Golden Gate Park (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Gate_Park) in front of 50,000 people. Before the concert vocalist Eddie Vedder (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Vedder) was forced to stay at a hospital after suffering from the effects of food poisoning (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foodborne_illness). Vedder left the hospital to play the show; however, he was not able to finish and ended up performing just seven out of twenty-one songs with the band.[3] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitalogy_Tour#cite_note-3) Neil Young (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Young) filled in for Vedder for the rest of the show that day. Vedder said, "That whole [Golden Gate Park] thing was a blur based on some bad food. It was really, really bad. Looking back at it, it doesn't seem as intense as it was, but it was horrible. I just felt not human and looking back I should have got through that show somehow, and I think the fact that Neil [Young] was there made me feel like I could get off the hook in some way and I did go out for a few songs."[2] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitalogy_Tour#cite_note-tenpast-2) Because of Vedder's health the band was forced to cancel the remaining dates of its tour of the United States.[4] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitalogy_Tour#cite_note-4) The Milwaukee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milwaukee) dates at the Marcus Amphitheater (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Amphitheater) and the Chicago (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago) date at Soldier Field (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldier_Field) were eventually reinstated and the rest of the dates were rescheduled for the fall.

[B]About cancelling the dates, Vedder said, "I think we all agreed that it had gotten insane, that it was no longer about the music."[5] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitalogy_Tour#cite_note-spin-5) Ament later said, "We were so hardheaded about the 1995 tour. Had to prove we could tour on our own, and it pretty much killed us, killed our career."[2] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitalogy_Tour#cite_note-tenpast-2) A concert video of the Australian tour was planned,[6] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitalogy_Tour#cite_note-6) but later scrapped.

suprefan
02-10-2022, 01:33 PM
I don't think it's up to bands though is it? Pretty sure the venue is the one that has partnership with ticket companies. There are only like 2 or 3 venues (not DIY or local) that are independent anymore in Denver.

Bands can sell tickets directly and mostly skip TM, but they dont do it. Theres plenty of ticket companies who can do that, it just stopped happening as much. Imagine if NIN kept using MusicToday as a ticket provider like they had for all those years of presales, there wouldnt be such a big mess like this week. Adele sold the bulk of her tour tickets in 2016 via Sandbag direct ticketing and left some scraps to ticketmaster during public onsales. Email subscribers all received a unique code to enter during the presale so there wasnt going to be any sharing of passwords. Radiohead still does it every tour via Sandbag so that people can get tickets at better prices and better selection. If the artist has input, theyll do something about it. BTS, who youre all going to roll your eyes over cause its a Kpop group and such, did not allow platinum pricing to be used on their tours in the u.s. As Ive said, its an option and can be turned on or off. Their people knew that the algorithm would push pricing to unhealthy levels due to the demand their shows have. They figured out how to maximize profits from their tours by keeping the tickets prices as reasonable as possible so that the fans would be willing to spend more money on merchandise which is what makes the real big bucks. Why would the average person go buy a $40 t shirt if they had spent $500 on tickets already. Why not have them spend half that on tickets and the other half on merch.

The looming issue with all that is that the venues are being bought up by the promoters and then theyre stuck with whatever service is being used. In LA during the pandemic there were 5 indie venues that got sucked into the LN hellhole and now sell via TM. Thats happened everywhere but nobodys noticed as much.

There is government legislation in the works, but you know how congress is, it takes forever. LN has been fined and been constantly taking to court over violating the deal they made when they bought TM.

cdm
02-10-2022, 01:42 PM
Bands can sell tickets directly and mostly skip TM, but they dont do it.

Bands are not set up for this. Most don't even handle their own merch...now they're supposed to assume ticketing, too? On top of that doing so would close them out of most large scale venues, including nearly all arenas. "oh, you don't want to use Ticketmaster? We won't book you in any of our venues."

xolotl
02-10-2022, 01:59 PM
Adele... in 2016... Radiohead... BTS...

I don't think anyone's saying that it's entirely impossible to avoid Ticketmaster shenanigans (though I'd argue it was probably easier pre-pandemic than during). Your examples are all "huge" groups with, dare I say, a lot more draw than even NIN has, who were almost certainly at the time in the middle of "big" touring cycles where they'd have a lot more power to negotiate that kind of thing. And, more to the point, spend the immense amount of effort required to do that kind of negotiation themselves. Hell, we all know that TR's at least tried to do that kind of thing as well, in the past, while on big touring cycles.

It's 2022, though, and shit's still fucked pandemicwise, and they're doing a handful of shows separated by months inbetween them, when they're probably still working on a million scores and have their attention divided in many other ways besides. Sure, TR probably could have put more energy into continuing to fight the Ticketmaster monstrosity, but I just can't muster any sense of indignation that they're not. By all accounts, it's tiring as hell to have to fight those fights, and when you've got financial and psychological uncertainty on top of all of it, thanks to waves hands, I really can't blame any band from wanting to take the relative easy way out.

FULLMETAL
02-10-2022, 05:28 PM
Someone made a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission about TM's "Official Platinum" tickets and submitted a PDF with examples: https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/public_comments/2018/12/06713-163064.pdf

This press release from 2010 (https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2010/02/ticketmaster-ticketsnow-settle-ftc-charges-deceptive-sales) cites TM's deceptive practices for some Springsteen shows.

This 2019 PDF (https://docs.house.gov/meetings/IF/IF02/20200226/110588/HHRG-116-IF02-20200226-SD006.pdf) from Stubhub seems to be a response to a Congressional inquiry, but I haven't read the whole thing.

Ticketmaster/Live Nation are a global monopoly controlling ticket sales, performance venues, and touring/merchandise deals for artists. They consistently fuck over consumers with no penalty (unless you count vouchers for shows that have so many restrictions you can't use them for anything worthwhile).

ninlive
02-10-2022, 06:12 PM
Ticketmaster/Live Nation are a global monopoly controlling ticket sales, performance venues, and touring/merchandise deals for artists. They consistently fuck over consumers with no penalty (unless you count vouchers for shows that have so many restrictions you can't use them for anything worthwhile).

I remember 20 years ago I was mad at a $25 "convenience" charge. Now those are about as much as the ticket now.

It's getting out of hand and honestly don't see this bubble ever bursting because all the right pockets are being filled with cash. Can't blame the bands for doing this. Touring logistically sounds like a nightmare and they don't want to have to put more on their plate. Ticketing shouldn't be hard, the act of selling tickets shouldn't be hard for the fans.

Bringing back a fan-club style ticketing service would be awesome. It doesn't even have to be elaborate. Or do something like Metallica where they have a black card where you pay like $5-600 for it and you have a ticket to every single show. LOL. I'd be in for that.

nmitchell86
02-11-2022, 09:03 AM
So I'm in the waiting room for general sale cleveland tickets and the wait time goes from 1 to 2 to 3 mins left? What is this Ticket Master hell?

kdrcraig
02-11-2022, 09:05 AM
So I'm in the waiting room for general sale cleveland tickets and the wait time goes from 1 to 2 to 3 mins left? What is this Ticket Master hell?

That's just the timer until the queue starts, then you wait in the queue.

Edit: Sorry, misread your post. Not sure why your timer went up instead of down.

ghostaustin
02-11-2022, 09:16 AM
woooowwww, finally got in and selected tickets then it said "please make sure you're signed into your Ticketmaster account." Which I am. I'm signed into both Ticketmaster and Livenation. What the fuck!!!

xolotl
02-11-2022, 09:17 AM
Eesh, alas, I suspect I may just have to sit this one out. 12 minutes or so in the queue for Cleveland; had less than 2000 people ahead of me at the time but it seemed to move awfully slowly for the first third or so, and all that seems left now that I'm in is Lawn (which, alas, doesn't interest me) and some Platinum tickets that I'm not willing to pay for (which I suspect aren't actually available, anyway).

Ah well! Here's hoping for some nice high-quality recordings, at least!

buckets of lube
02-11-2022, 09:23 AM
I assume the prices for Cleveland (and other dates) will decrease eventually, so try again closer to show time!

ghostaustin
02-11-2022, 09:42 AM
welp, good thing there's StubHub. I hope I don't get fucked on this. Have you guys generally had good experiences with getting tickets via StubHub? minus the price, of course

buckets of lube
02-11-2022, 09:44 AM
In general, yes. Best is when Stubhub has tickets below face value, which could in theory happen with NIN if nobody's buying. I know in 2018, you could get tickets for the second DC show for half price on the day of the concert.

ryanmcfly
02-11-2022, 10:06 AM
This was truly the worst ticket buying experience ever. Multiple times it let me put pit tickets into my cart when I was 38 when the queue opened. Then it said someone beat me to the tickets. There are 100% bots still fucking us up on this shit.

klyrish
02-11-2022, 10:30 AM
What the FUCK is going on with AXS? I cannot sign in. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and incognitos of each. I don't ever get an error, I just can't log in and this message appears at the top of the login screen:

Please visit our help page or contact support for assistance. Click here (https://support.axs.com/hc/en-us).

And it takes me to the generic help page, not about anything in particular. My password isn't wrong, email isn't wrong, it just won't fucking log me in for no apparent reason.

EDIT: It was the VPN server I was connected to; apparently it's blocked by AXS.

kdrcraig
02-11-2022, 10:33 AM
What the FUCK is going on with AXS? I cannot sign in. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and incognitos of each. I don't ever get an error, I just can log in and this message appears at the top of the login screen:

Please visit our help page or contact support for assistance. Click here (https://support.axs.com/hc/en-us).

And it takes me to the generic help page, not about anything in particular. My password isn't wrong, email isn't wrong, it just won't fucking log me in for no apparent reason.

It's been weird for me too. I put in my info and then the page basically just refreshes. It's been logging me in on the second try though.

ekrekel
02-11-2022, 10:43 AM
In general, yes. Best is when Stubhub has tickets below face value, which could in theory happen with NIN if nobody's buying. I know in 2018, you could get tickets for the second DC show for half price on the day of the concert.

DC was a mess all around, remember the poster? :| I just can't get around how the secondary market is going to deal with rotating barcodes at most venues and ticketmaster graying out the transfer buttons.

ryanmcfly
02-11-2022, 10:47 AM
If I had a genie, I would use one of my three wishes to bankrupt/dissolve live nation/Ticketmaster. I am that petty.

nmitchell86
02-11-2022, 10:50 AM
Well I'm off to the secondary market. I could not get tickets through Ticket Master for Cleveland.

klyrish
02-11-2022, 11:07 AM
It's really cool that it's been 6 minutes and apparently no one in the queue has done a fucking thing yet. So glad to be wasting my time yet again.

kdrcraig
02-11-2022, 11:08 AM
I've got two browsers up and one of them has moved a teeny, tiny bit in the queue

klyrish
02-11-2022, 11:10 AM
I just refreshed and it moved a little, so I guess the moral of this story is to get in the queue as late as possible so you can actually get what you want because anyone who lines up early is an idiot and will be last to be served. I fucking love this system so much. Another amazing innovation of capitalism.

kdrcraig
02-11-2022, 11:12 AM
Yup, I was in the waiting room within 10 seconds of it going live

TheBang
02-11-2022, 11:12 AM
welp, good thing there's StubHub. I hope I don't get fucked on this. Have you guys generally had good experiences with getting tickets via StubHub? minus the price, of course
Just keep in mind the risks of using a third-party marketplace if the event gets cancelled like last year. While they all have guarantees, for several of them, that means they'll just give you a site credit for your ticket, but won't give your cash back.

klyrish
02-11-2022, 11:14 AM
This is such a fucking waste of time. Fuck me for being a fan, once again. Guess I can't ever support NIN again: buying from the store = punishment. Trying to see them live = punishment. This is really fucking cool. I hope the scalpers really enjoy these shows.

klyrish
02-11-2022, 11:14 AM
I just fucking refreshed again and moved even further along in the queue. What the fucking fuck is this bullshit?

buckets of lube
02-11-2022, 11:27 AM
DC was a mess all around, remember the poster? :| I just can't get around how the secondary market is going to deal with rotating barcodes at most venues and ticketmaster graying out the transfer buttons.

As of this time, you can transfer tickets for Tennessee but not for Raleigh or Berkeley. It's weird. But I bet that once the ticket is actually delivered, it'll be possible to transfer through Ticketmaster for all shows.

parapet
02-11-2022, 11:29 AM
guess i'll hold out hope for a lollapalooza/riot fest announcement
festivals, ugh

ekrekel
02-11-2022, 11:36 AM
As of this time, you can transfer tickets for Tennessee but not for Raleigh or Berkeley. It's weird. But I bet that once the ticket is actually delivered, it'll be possible to transfer through Ticketmaster for all shows.

I saw mention that Berkeley wouldn't support rotating ticket code system. Perhaps shutting transfer down is their way of ensuring people don't print screencap the code then sell/transfer the ticket. I'm not looking to scalp but things change over the course of 7 months if you're buying for a group of friends and I might need to dump a ticket. I also like to send folks their own tickets so I don't have to be vacation dad with all the passports and paperwork getting everyone through security.

TheBang
02-11-2022, 11:36 AM
OK, been in the Red Rocks queues for 35 minutes now, and here is the queue status of each of my browser windows:

85%
15%
10%
75%
25%
30%
25%
5%

klyrish
02-11-2022, 11:40 AM
OK, been in the Red Rocks queues for 35 minutes now, and here is the queue status of each of my browser windows:

85%
15%
10%
75%
25%
30%
25%
5%
It's absolutely fucking brilliant. Especially because tickets ran out 23 minutes ago but they lack the technology to be able to tell us ASAP after it happens so we don't waste even more time.

TheBang
02-11-2022, 11:42 AM
It's absolutely fucking brilliant. Especially because tickets ran out 23 minutes ago
Apparently, this is true. My 9/2 queue just got through and there are no tickets left, not even in GA. Only resale tickets.

FULLMETAL
02-11-2022, 11:46 AM
WTF? Tickets are non-transferable... so how the fuck are they able to resell them?
https://i.imgur.com/2Yi8iqV.png

klyrish
02-11-2022, 11:46 AM
Apparently, this is true. My 9/2 queue just got through and there are no tickets left, not even in GA. Only resale tickets.

On Tuesday, after I had row 25, seats 86 and 87 for night 2 in my cart and I was on the checkout page before it crashed, I had to wait in queue for another 17 minutes only to find out immediately before entering the presale area that tickets were gone. Couldn't even put in the code to check. Yesterday was another 20+ minute wait for the exact same thing and it's shaping up to be an hour+ today (not even at 50% yet).

Hey, at least Ticketmaster and Trent got their money, right? Nothing else matters. Fuck the fans and their time!

witte
02-11-2022, 11:48 AM
Didn't know that resale tickets on AXS can be sold by extreme high scalpers prices ... seats for $1000. great.

TheBang
02-11-2022, 11:49 AM
WTF? Tickets are non-transferable... so how the fuck are they able to resell them?
I think it's only tickets in rows 1-4 that are non-transferrable.

redwingsrock
02-11-2022, 11:50 AM
I hope the NIN camp is keeping an eye on how this process has gone and decides to allow ticket transfers because a lot of legitimate fans are having to go to the secondary market just to get tickets. If the process had worked as intended, I would understand not allowing ticket transferability, but it clearly didn't so it doesn't make sense to disallow ticket transfers.

TheBang
02-11-2022, 11:50 AM
Didn't know that resale tickets on AXS can be sold by extreme high scalpers prices ... seats for $1000. great.
Isn't the NIN on Tour team is supposed to be getting their scrub brushes ready?

FULLMETAL
02-11-2022, 11:52 AM
That makes sense. I guess this is the AXS equivalent to TicketMaster's reselling system.

TheBang
02-11-2022, 11:55 AM
I just saw a pair of Standard ticket seats show as available on about row 13 for night 1. I clicked on it and browser error and then they were gone.

nihilmatters
02-11-2022, 11:56 AM
Especially because tickets ran out 23 minutes ago but they lack the technology to be able to tell us ASAP after it happens so we don't waste even more time.

Ahhh...but you're forgetting that they are making money off people being forced to watch their embedded commercials. They want the advertisement dollars coming in!

tony.parente
02-11-2022, 12:01 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/9S1wZH21Y2D4Crv07Y/200.gif
NIN on tour at EOB today

klyrish
02-11-2022, 12:02 PM
Has anyone gotten through for night 2 of Red Rocks yet? This is fucking ridiculous.

virushopper
02-11-2022, 12:04 PM
Has anyone gotten through for night 2 of Red Rocks yet? This is fucking ridiculous.
It's been an hour and I barely crossed the 25-30% mark.

ekrekel
02-11-2022, 12:04 PM
Berkeley is apparently officially sold out.

TheBang
02-11-2022, 12:07 PM
I've got 3 windows at under 50% and one at 85%.

Cookster426
02-11-2022, 12:08 PM

Waited and hour and it says no tickets available.

Rats. At least I got Night 1 and Cleveland tix on Tuesday.

klyrish
02-11-2022, 12:11 PM
Waited and hour and it says no tickets available.
God fucking damn it.

I know I should just close the window and move on with my life but I can't. And I hate myself for it.

mesamm99
02-11-2022, 12:14 PM
I waited in the red rocks line for day 2 and got in just after an hour. Said ZERO tix available.

I'm now on Ticketmaster and it says I can buy resales tix for red rocks night 2 for not that much more expensive... in terms of stress and time. What's the catch??

nihilmatters
Clearly, scalpers won this time around. No way I'm paying triple the price to the a*holes.

I'll just check back the day of the Red Rocks shows and try to get some half-priced tickets from the scalpers that overbought the supply.

Cookster426
God fucking damn it.

I know I should just close the window and move on with my life but I can't. And I hate myself for it.

Same here. I'm holding out for some hope which I'm sure is non-existent.

suprefan
02-11-2022, 12:16 PM
Berkeley and Vegas sold out

klyrish
02-11-2022, 12:23 PM
Oh shit. Oh shit. FUCK YES! FINALLY GOT IN AFTER 80 FUCKING MINUTES!

There are currently no tickets availableContinue to check back as additional tickets may become available for purchase at a later time.

Fuck all of this so incredibly much.

TheBang
02-11-2022, 12:25 PM
Clearly, scalpers won this time around. No way I'm paying triple the price to the a*holes.

I'll just check back the day of the Red Rocks shows and try to get some half-priced tickets from the scalpers that overbought the supply.
Yeah, if absolutely nothing else, I'm sure you'll be able to pick up GA tickets for a cheap price in the days ahead of the show.

nmitchell86
02-11-2022, 12:45 PM
I would have rather taken a few days off work to travel to the venue and line up to get tickets in person. I'm vaccinated and wear N95s. I now have to go to the secondary market and support a scalper so I can go to one of these shows. I would have rather traveled and supported real workers in the travel industry. I'd end up spending the same as what I'm going to end up spending on scalper tickets or more I'm sure but at least I would have supported honest people. AND... i would have been able to meet more of you in line. Opportunity missed.

FULLMETAL
02-11-2022, 12:46 PM
So, they still need to add Louder Than Life to the calendar (guessing Thursday before Cleveland) & whatever one-off's around HELLFEST (they have to, right?!). One can only hope the international version of TM/LN isn't the same shit show as the US version.

JessicaSarahS
02-11-2022, 12:56 PM
Berkeley and Vegas sold out

Somehow I magically picked up a Vegas GA ticket about 10 mins ago! ��

Dryalex12
02-11-2022, 03:43 PM
Im so pissed. Ive never been to their shows and I finally got a chance. And now the bolts got them, and the cheapest is 178 dollars. Im livid. Im so pissed. I just wanted to have a true experience with one of my favorite bands, and its been ruined

ghostaustin
02-11-2022, 04:27 PM
Just keep in mind the risks of using a third-party marketplace if the event gets cancelled like last year. While they all have guarantees, for several of them, that means they'll just give you a site credit for your ticket, but won't give your cash back.
oof. I hope that's not the case, because I did not read the fine print in my desperation to just get literally any ticket haha

suprefan
02-11-2022, 05:58 PM
So, they still need to add Louder Than Life to the calendar (guessing Thursday before Cleveland) & whatever one-off's around HELLFEST (they have to, right?!). One can only hope the international version of TM/LN isn't the same shit show as the US version.

its more honest than anything when it comes to buying tickets internationally. In the uk for example they still have a waiting room and everything just like here except it will tell you where you are in line. So itll say there are 3046 people in front of you and not 2000+. Even though you can see your true number on the u.s version if you wanted to. Dont think you wouldve enjoyed trying ti get Harry Styles tickets a couple weeks ago when the queue said there were over 100,000 people in front of you.

Calx1111
02-11-2022, 10:22 PM
Should we start a separate post for extra tickets/in-search-of? Ticket exchange?

cdm
02-12-2022, 07:59 AM
Should we start a separate post for extra tickets/in-search-of? Ticket exchange?

That can be done in individual show threads? No?

sweeterthan
02-12-2022, 08:31 AM

i think that’s mostly done here in the individual upcoming shows threads. Seems like a good place to do it.

thefragile_jake
02-12-2022, 05:19 PM
Ticketmaster may have spoiled the announcement of the tour opener if the Raleigh show is any indication. (https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/sq21v0/boy_harsher_opening_for_nin_in_raleigh_according/)

Hoping it's true as Boy Harsher is fantastic live. Saw them in 2019 and their record from that year is always on heavy rotation.

imail724
02-12-2022, 07:58 PM
Ticketmaster may have spoiled the announcement of the tour opener if the Raleigh show is any indication. (https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/sq21v0/boy_harsher_opening_for_nin_in_raleigh_according/)

Hoping it's true as Boy Harsher is fantastic live. Saw them in 2019 and their record from that year is always on heavy rotation.Saw them open for The Soft Moon and yeah, I agree. Great band.

suprefan
02-14-2022, 01:18 AM
Dont think the openers are gonna matter when the next news drops

suprefan
02-14-2022, 02:03 AM
NIN at the Eden Project

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/1493133473363599363?s=21

scorpiusdiamond
02-14-2022, 02:05 AM
Pre sale at 10am today via Axs

suprefan
02-14-2022, 02:11 AM
I guess the Uk is not part of the EU and makes Hellfest not exclusive. Puts them in contention for Glastonbury possibly since they just have to fly back and perform Sunday.

ophelia_
02-14-2022, 02:24 AM
Pre sale at 10am today via Axs

Any idea how presale passwords are given out? Checked my inbox for something from NIN (as have definitely got presale passwords sent that way before) but nothing.

Scared about how much these tickets are gonna cost a few weeks before payday, lol

simonn
02-14-2022, 02:25 AM
Trent going for the untapped Cornish market. Annoying.

witte
02-14-2022, 02:28 AM
https://www.edensessions.com/lineup/nine-inch-nails/

Nine Inch Nails (17 and 18 June 2022) – Sessions Plus packages will go on sale to Inside Track Passholders for a very limited time from 10am on Wednesday 16 February to 10pm on Thursday 17 February. Sessions Plus Packages will go on general sale at 10am on Friday 18 February.

Sessions Plus Experience Viewing Platform package: £205 per person
Sessions Plus Experience Arena package: £125 per person
Sessions Plus Arena Bar package: £155 per person

fillow
02-14-2022, 02:46 AM
And it's two shows too!

I don't think them being Hellfest exclusive was ever confirmed anywhere. Neither NIN nor festival website/socials mentioned this.

simonn
02-14-2022, 02:48 AM
Puts them in the frame for a Glastonbury slot (headliners?) I'd have thought....as it's the weekend after.

scorpiusdiamond
02-14-2022, 02:48 AM
And it's two shows too!

I don't think them being Hellfest exclusive was ever confirmed anywhere. Neither NIN nor festival website/socials mentioned this.

Yeah please find a source
I’m at Primavera (Barcelona) the same month so going to this seems really unlikely. I’m hoping they play there.

Edit: presale code in email sent out

suprefan
02-14-2022, 03:09 AM
Puts them in the frame for a Glastonbury slot (headliners?) I'd have thought....as it's the weekend after.

They wont headline headline. Other Stage headliner would be the most obvious spot like they did in 2000. They just have to fly back from their Hellfest date on the 24th to perform the 26th. I mean if theyre really only about doing outdoor shows that would def fit the bill. And theyre obviously not going to be doing Reading or Download fest.

witte
02-14-2022, 03:14 AM
Even NIN.com hass stress: "Projcect" :eek:

scorpiusdiamond
02-14-2022, 03:17 AM
Seeing as I’m away for the two weekends before this as well, I’m doubting I can go - again really hoping they do a double Primavera.
Capacity of Eden is 6000 x2. Plus it’s in Cornwall so not as accessible as a London date. What are the chances it sells out instantly?

ChipRock
02-14-2022, 03:20 AM
For a second there I was VERY excited. Pleased for everyone down West of course, but damn, Eden Project is not the easiest place to get to - especially when you don't drive.
An odd venue too - aren't the shows there usually a little more uh family friendly?
Fingers crossed we'll see more UK dates announced soon. I guess a return to Brixton is a long shot, but I'd take another 02 Arena or even Royal Albert Hall again - please!

simonn
02-14-2022, 03:27 AM
For a second there I was VERY excited. Pleased for everyone down West of course, but damn, Eden Project is not the easiest place to get to - especially when you don't drive.
An odd venue too - aren't the shows there usually a little more uh family friendly?
Fingers crossed we'll see more UK dates announced soon. I guess a return to Brixton is a long shot, but I'd take another 02 Arena or even Royal Albert Hall again - please!

Would love another Royal Albert Hall show - that place is great! I do think though if he was playing other UK shows (apart from Glasto, where obviously announcements are out of his control), he'd have announced those at the same time, but hope to be proved wrong. So annoying, as I'm probably going to be in Cornwall 2 months later, 5 miles from the Eden Project!!

suprefan
02-14-2022, 03:47 AM

They have My Chemical Romance on the lineup this year already. It isnt that weird to have NIN tacked on. I think Trent just wants outdoor shows over indoor ones since there is only 1 date out of all of the ones announced thats indoors. NIN can do a show at a park with a few support acts and its not like it wouldnt do well since they havent played in a good while.

jmtd
02-14-2022, 04:07 AM
it took quite some "YOLO" energy but I'm in for Eden on Saturday. Now to figure out how the fuck to get there

Tom
02-14-2022, 04:08 AM
Boom! Two tickets for both nights. Ticket system was a breeze. A relief after all the horror stories from the US dates.

ophelia_
02-14-2022, 04:15 AM
Got tickets to both Eden shows... Now to (not so) patiently wait until June!

This makes me feel better about missing out on Hellfest tickets

SuperstarPJ
02-14-2022, 04:18 AM
Boom! Two tickets for both nights. Ticket system was a breeze. A relief after all the horror stories from the US dates.

Same here! [emoji3]Have never seen the waiting room progress so quickly! Guess it helps it going on sale so soon after being announced.

icklekitty
02-14-2022, 04:27 AM
Also in attendance for both Eden Project shows.

This would be a great opportunity to demonstrate how to tour without greenwashing (unlike Coldplay, the music itself isn't pollutant).

Hopefully event threads for both this and Hellfest will be on Upcoming Shows soon.

witte
02-14-2022, 04:33 AM
Eden Project
Tickets for two nights. Don't ask me: "which one did you choose?". :rolleyes:
Hopefully a nice location for a longer stay west coast England.

witte
02-14-2022, 04:46 AM
Paid for both with PayPal (?). Strange...

bthitman
02-14-2022, 04:49 AM
Paid for both with PayPal (?). Strange...

You're coming over for both! Nice! I'm doing all I can to make this work! Looks like I could do Friday only - if I can do any at all.