PDA

View Full Version : 2022.06.17-18 - Cornwall, UK @ Eden Project

sweeterthan
02-14-2022, 06:35 AM
https://www.nin.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/2022_show_eden_art_JAN31_FIN2_wide-scaled.jpg

https://www.edensessions.com/lineup/nine-inch-nails/

Nine Inch Nails (17 and 18 June 2022) – Sessions Plus packages will go on sale to Inside Track Passholders for a very limited time from 10am on Wednesday 16 February to 10pm on Thursday 17 February. Sessions Plus Packages will go on general sale at 10am on Friday 18 February.

Sessions Plus Experience Viewing Platform package: £205 per person
Sessions Plus Experience Arena package: £125 per person
Sessions Plus Arena Bar package: £155 per person

Erneuert
02-14-2022, 07:52 AM
Another Gary Numan guest appearance - I’m calling it!

witte
02-14-2022, 08:50 AM
Here is a good view of the venue. Capacity 6500.
Is the Experience Platform on right with the trees? As far I can see, you can walk and reach the stage closely. Correct?

ekrekel
02-14-2022, 09:41 AM
witte ^^^^well that's just freaking beautiful. My money is on those elevated areas being VIP of some sort.

cdm
02-14-2022, 10:01 AM
NIN 2022: Live at BioDome

suprefan
02-14-2022, 11:06 AM
For those that need transportation help, there is a coach service for the show

https://www.biggreencoach.co.uk/events/nine-inch-nails-coach-travel

bthitman
02-14-2022, 12:00 PM
Ok. after a day of trying to figure out if it's possible - i pulled the trigger :) Fri show only. June seems too far away!!

Trains
02-14-2022, 12:27 PM
Ticket for Saturday. I thought about getting both nights, but I don't think I can stretch that far, what with travelling down from the Midlands for 7 hours either way. The things I do for NIN...

Edit: Nope, I caved. Bought a ticket for Friday as well!

buckets of lube
02-14-2022, 01:24 PM
Basically guaranteed that the setlists will be different each night, so both shows are a must.

Sarah_Munn
02-14-2022, 05:15 PM
Got a ticket for Saturday. Looking forward to seeing NIN in this beautiful venue.

paul_is_dead
02-14-2022, 06:25 PM

Thanks for this. Still weighing up whether to go or wait for potential other dates.

captainkurtz
02-15-2022, 03:38 AM
Haven't posted in ages....this is really difficult geography an workwise, but I'm in for Sat. Didn't want to chance whether or not there'd be a standalone London show...which is still 300 miles from me, but logistically a lot easier.

icklekitty
02-15-2022, 07:48 AM
NIN 2022: Live at BioDome

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/2ebf0fd9286f0f0206d41845876501159d41d473/0_0_1923_2856/master/1923.jpg?width=380&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/2ebf0fd9286f0f0206d41845876501159d41d473/0_0_1923_2856/master/1923.jpg
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/2ebf0fd9286f0f0206d41845876501159d41d473/0_0_1923_2856/master/1923.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&

cdm
02-15-2022, 08:21 AM
link

Link not working

jmtd
02-15-2022, 08:38 AM
Basically guaranteed that the setlists will be different each night, so both shows are a must.

I’ve never gone to two or more nights when they’ve played multiple and I’ve always regretted it. But that much time away from the kids etc is hard for me to justify (a problem I didn’t have last time lol argh should have when I had the chance )

klyrish
02-15-2022, 09:08 AM
My wife and I will be in London for The Ghost Inside show on June 18 (assuming it isn't rescheduled for the third year in a row) and considered getting tickets for the June 17 NIN show but I held off yesterday due to some confusion. Is this a festival that NIN is headlining or is it just two nights of NIN at this venue?

EDIT: Welp, I finally did a bit of my own research and it's almost 5 hours from London to Cornwall. I don't think it's going to happen. :(

miss k bee
02-16-2022, 08:23 AM
Tempted to buy a ticket, but with transportation and accommodation to sort out and not knowing where I will be living then as I am moving out of London with family. Cornwall is nice but it is far! Grrrr

jmtd
02-16-2022, 10:16 AM

This looks really useful, thanks! Any estimates for price? I see £25 return to Bristol for another event (2000 Trees Festival) so I'm thinking of that as an upper-bound.

suprefan
02-16-2022, 10:23 PM
This looks really useful, thanks! Any estimates for price? I see £25 return to Bristol for another event (2000 Trees Festival) so I'm thinking of that as an upper-bound.

no idea, guess when it goes on sale youll see the rates. It has to be somewhere in that range.

My wife and I will be in London for The Ghost Inside show on June 18 (assuming it isn't rescheduled for the third year in a row) and considered getting tickets for the June 17 NIN show but I held off yesterday due to some confusion. Is this a festival that NIN is headlining or is it just two nights of NIN at this venue?

EDIT: Welp, I finally did a bit of my own research and it's almost 5 hours from London to Cornwall. I don't think it's going to happen. :(

yeah, its out of the way and a pain. I fly in the 17th because Im going to Glastonbury and its yet another thing I cant go to while Im there due more to pain in the ass than anything.

jmtd
02-17-2022, 09:30 AM
My current working estimates are it would cost me approx. £200 extra to attend Friday as well. Too much?

Edit: what are the odds they the GA tickets are cancellable?

buckets of lube
02-17-2022, 12:52 PM
So there's not a good public transport connection from London to Cornwall? 5 hours by train through the English countryside sounds pretty chill TBF.

witte
02-17-2022, 01:19 PM
So there's not a good public transport connection from London to Cornwall? 5 hours by train through the English countryside sounds pretty chill TBF.
A few days ago I did an attempt to sort out my trip.
St Austell is lying nearby The Eden Project and there's a train station. Train from London Paddington to St Austell needs 4 hours. I assume there's a bus connection between St Austell and Eden (?).
That's what I saw. Need to look closer next days/weeks.
Hopefully next week all UK dates will be announced so I can complete my plan.

jmtd
02-17-2022, 01:25 PM
I assume there's a bus connection between St Austell and Eden (?).

After the gig there’s a £5 shuttle bus running from 10pm to 12pm from the venue to the train station, so I imagine there’s bound to be day services in the opposite direction.

witte
02-17-2022, 03:02 PM
After the gig there’s a £5 shuttle bus running from 10pm to 12pm from the venue to the train station, so I imagine there’s bound to be day services in the opposite direction.
Thanks.

Just booked a stay just outside St Austell. Many already are not available during that period. As far I can see it's 2,5 miles from the center and the same distance from Eden. Perfect. I don't mind to walk, to cycle or hiring a car and drive.
Tbc.

jmtd
02-17-2022, 03:30 PM
I’ve finally stopped umming and aahing on the Friday ticket but I’m undecided on where to stay. Probably Newquay since I’m flying in and out there. And there’ll be coaches.

gone
02-18-2022, 02:53 AM
NIN, the weekend before Glasto, well that's more time booked off work, got Saturday tickets, staying 15mins from venue, at what point do I cave and buy Friday tickets as well ?

witte
02-18-2022, 04:18 AM
NIN, the weekend before Glasto, well that's more time booked off work, got Saturday tickets, staying 15mins from venue, at what point do I cave and buy Friday tickets as well ?
NIN live two nights in a row means two different setlist. Maybe 5 songs the same but the other (approximately 28) different, for sure. Convinced?

fillow
02-18-2022, 04:51 AM
NIN live two nights in a row means two different setlist. Maybe 5 songs the same but the other (approximately 28) different, for sure. Convinced?
I don't think we should expect CABAI-level of setlist rotation for such short tour, but... Looking at two NYC dates from 2017 played back to back (Panorama/Webster Hall), they played 12 songs at both shows (total length was 18 and 20 respectively). Still pretty good, IMO.

jmtd
02-18-2022, 10:58 AM

Have you (or anyone else) experience of this company? I’m seeing mixed reviews. But on the other hand I can’t find any other viable option hehe

miss k bee
02-19-2022, 06:25 AM
YOLO so bought a ticket for Saturday. This will be my early birthday present/ one holiday event thing of the year if I manage to go. Booked to stay in Plymouth, so now to work out travel arrangements. Should be in London the night before for Skunk Anansie at Meltfest almost forgot about that.

miss k bee
02-20-2022, 08:35 AM
Looks like standard tickets for Saturday have already sold out

suprefan
02-20-2022, 02:15 PM
Have you (or anyone else) experience of this company? I’m seeing mixed reviews. But on the other hand I can’t find any other viable option hehe

People complain about anything they can sometimes. And the same company does the service for festivals which may be where the negatives stem from since thats a recipe for delays and such.

Maybe NIN will book the O2 now since its essentially outdoors after the winds.

witte
02-24-2022, 05:11 AM
Looks like standard tickets for Saturday have already sold out
Right now NIN.com says 6/18 "SOLD OUT".
But, "Eden Session 2022 - Arena Bar Package" tickets are still available...

witte
02-24-2022, 11:19 AM
People who are sill doubting ....
Twitter:
"The @nineinchnails (https://twitter.com/nineinchnails) Session on Saturday 18 June has now sold out. There is limited availability left for Friday 17 June. Don't miss out, get yours before they're gone: https://edensessions.com/lineup/nine-inch-nails/ (https://t.co/ilyukznge4)....."

Trains
03-01-2022, 11:41 AM
Well it's starting to look like I might not be able to go to this -- I didn't realise quite how expensive it would be to travel down to Cornwall and find accomodation, and now that it's starting to add up, it looks more and more like it won't be in my price range. I have one ticket for Friday and one for Saturday, which I would consider selling, but as far as I can tell there isn't a viable way to sell tickets on without me somehow being present at the gig. I suppose I should have thought a bit harder before slamming down cash during the presale, but the FOMO got the better of me. If anyone knows of a way to pass the tickets on, I'd love to hear it.

WorzelG
03-01-2022, 11:59 AM
Well it's starting to look like I might not be able to go to this -- I didn't realise quite how expensive it would be to travel down to Cornwall and find accomodation, and now that it's starting to add up, it looks more and more like it won't be in my price range. I have one ticket for Friday and one for Saturday, which I would consider selling, but as far as I can tell there isn't a viable way to sell tickets on without me somehow being present at the gig. I suppose I should have thought a bit harder before slamming down cash during the presale, but the FOMO got the better of me. If anyone knows of a way to pass the tickets on, I'd love to hear it.
could you try camping or is that quite expensive too?

gone
03-04-2022, 04:30 AM
Well, No NIN on the Glasto Poster, Friday tickets purchased as well

SarazenvonWolfenstein
03-09-2022, 03:12 PM
Well it's starting to look like I might not be able to go to this -- I didn't realise quite how expensive it would be to travel down to Cornwall and find accomodation, and now that it's starting to add up, it looks more and more like it won't be in my price range.

I feel you since I'm in a similar situation, but the bad news first: I have no idea about legitimate ways to resell those tickets, unfortunately. Did you buy the C-word travel insurance that was advertised on axs by any chance? It sure looks like we both just have to make it work somehow! So, I've spent the last few weeks obsessively researching my options... I'm looking at a 14+ hours journey from the continent here, so hey, you can do it (from what I understand) within only half the amount of time and within the same country at least? It appears that flying into Newquay is much cheaper than taking any train, on top I was lucky enough to find an affordable Bnb not too far from the venue (I could send you a link via pm - as of last week, they had a couple of free rooms left for less than 100 pound per night, if that happens to be within your budget). Another one of my cheapskates 'tricks' is to spend the night after the show at a bar to stay safe and warm while waiting for the first train in the morning (well, that won't work as well in the UK with those beer prices!) - or, try camping, as WorzelG suggested. Or perhaps you could talk a friend into coming along in order to split the bills? Put some of your expenses on an early xmas/birthday/whatever wishlist? Anyway, good luck figuring things out!

witte
03-09-2022, 03:38 PM
14+ hours from Germany (I assume, translating 'Kugelsack')?
Amsterdam - Newquay flight (1 stop flight stop) around 5 hours, Newquay airport - Newquay train station (bus) around 35 minutes, Newquay train station - St Austell train station around 1 hour 20 minutes. Effective total: 7 hours.
Distance Germany - Netherlands for you?

Edit: if you mean the total time, I understand. 2 x 7 hours

SarazenvonWolfenstein
03-09-2022, 04:20 PM
Well, if I do the math counting all the time that passes basically from exiting the house to arriving at the final destination (*cue Into the Void*): Living in a rural region = 5 hours on public transportation to any major airport - 2 hour flight to London (or perhaps Manchester) - layover of 4-6 hours (possibly including self-organized airport transfer) - another hour or so flying into Newquay plus another hour and a half on trains and busses to St. Austell. And Hellfest is just as bad, but I will probably try to sell my ticket anyway. The things I do for NIИ.:p

paul_is_dead
03-14-2022, 11:39 AM
It's a pain in the ass to get to.

I'll pass.

moliver_xxii
03-19-2022, 11:26 AM
hello i'm Oliver, i'm new to this forum... bought two tickets for Friday hoping i can offer my extra ticket to someone that will be able to help me with the transport and/or finding a roof to sleep at night after the show...

i have been on a NIN Facebook group that has like 30k people on it (but left Facebook last year).
i will come from France or Poland, so i'll probably land in London, unless Newquay has something to offer, as i don't know where i will be located in June as i'm looking for an internship...

if you are interested or know anyone that would be interested please let me know!

here's my YouTube channel if you want to see what i'm up to!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf4MEm5g4_6BaGAKyoM8E-w

miss k bee
03-21-2022, 03:14 AM
Well well well additional dates added now. Glasgow, Manchester and London!

SarazenvonWolfenstein
03-22-2022, 10:45 AM
Hi there Oliver! Maybe you should also repost this to reddit; somebody on there offered a lift on Friday from Heathrow airport https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/sujt2n/for_folks_flying_in_to_see_the_eden_gig_uk/ . It all depends on your personal preferences of course, but Cornwall appears to be rather lovely (http://www.ultimatecornwall.co.uk/) and certainly much safer and cleaner than any other of the UK cities they play at. And considering they do two nights in a row, I'm not as bitter about travelling there and spending a ridiculous amount of money on that experience anymore since it does seem to be the best option for me of this shitty touring cycle.

PS: The outro of your La Mer interpretation is very dreamy :)

zsorzs
03-24-2022, 02:46 AM
Hi everyone,
I have a ticket for the Friday show only and I am traveling from London. If someone is going to Cornwall from London on Friday morning by car and have a spare seat please let me know I would be happy to join and pay for petrol.
✌️

moliver_xxii
03-24-2022, 03:17 PM
Hi there Oliver! Maybe you should also repost this to reddit; somebody on there offered a lift on Friday from Heathrow airport https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/sujt2n/for_folks_flying_in_to_see_the_eden_gig_uk/ . It all depends on your personal preferences of course, but Cornwall appears to be rather lovely (http://www.ultimatecornwall.co.uk/) and certainly much safer and cleaner than any other of the UK cities they play at. And considering they do two nights in a row, I'm not as bitter about travelling there and spending a ridiculous amount of money on that experience anymore since it does seem to be the best option for me of this shitty touring cycle.

PS: The outro of your La Mer interpretation is very dreamy :)

thanks for the compliment, without going on a tangent it was a pleasure!

well my main problem is that i don't know where i'll be living in june, not yet! thank you i remembered reddit was a hope giver in terms of desperate situation!
zsorzs good luck in your quest, maybe i'll come back to you if i find more info, right now i don't have anything but i am hopeful... i just need to get more important and urgent things in order.

Trains
03-25-2022, 09:45 AM
I feel you since I'm in a similar situation, but the bad news first: I have no idea about legitimate ways to resell those tickets, unfortunately. Did you buy the C-word travel insurance that was advertised on axs by any chance? It sure looks like we both just have to make it work somehow! So, I've spent the last few weeks obsessively researching my options... I'm looking at a 14+ hours journey from the continent here, so hey, you can do it (from what I understand) within only half the amount of time and within the same country at least? It appears that flying into Newquay is much cheaper than taking any train, on top I was lucky enough to find an affordable Bnb not too far from the venue (I could send you a link via pm - as of last week, they had a couple of free rooms left for less than 100 pound per night, if that happens to be within your budget). Another one of my cheapskates 'tricks' is to spend the night after the show at a bar to stay safe and warm while waiting for the first train in the morning (well, that won't work as well in the UK with those beer prices!) - or, try camping, as WorzelG suggested. Or perhaps you could talk a friend into coming along in order to split the bills? Put some of your expenses on an early xmas/birthday/whatever wishlist? Anyway, good luck figuring things out!

Sorry, I only just saw your reply, thanks for your suggestions! I managed to get it all sorted thankfully, we're going to combine it into a family holiday on the seaside, which certainly helps with the costs, and an incredibly well-timed pay rise at work helped with things too.

Also, that cover of La Mer was absolutely spot on. I watched it twice.

moliver_xxii
03-25-2022, 12:39 PM
Also, that cover of La Mer was absolutely spot on. I watched it twice.

thank you very much!

witte
04-07-2022, 04:56 AM
As far I can see right now, there are only "arena bar package"-tickets available for 6/17. The other possibilities are gone.

zsorzs
04-20-2022, 04:30 PM
thanks for the compliment, without going on a tangent it was a pleasure!

well my main problem is that i don't know where i'll be living in june, not yet! thank you i remembered reddit was a hope giver in terms of desperate situation!
zsorzs good luck in your quest, maybe i'll come back to you if i find more info, right now i don't have anything but i am hopeful... i just need to get more important and urgent things in order.

Thanks! Good luck to you too!!
��

Dan Earle
04-28-2022, 11:11 AM
Anybody going in the Saturday? Looking for traveling companion/companions.
Have a spare ticket and I'm happy to drive,no idea where to stay as of yet? Any options considered.
Get in touch if you're interested.
Dan

moliver_xxii
04-28-2022, 11:21 AM
Have a spare ticket and I'm happy to drive,no idea where to stay as of yet? Any options considered.
Dan
i am in the same situation but for Friday, and i don't know how to drive huh :'( if we had the same day, we could have had 2 buddies!

Dan Earle
04-28-2022, 03:25 PM
i am in the same situation but for Friday, and i don't know how to drive huh :'( if we had the same day, we could have had 2 buddies!

Hopefully something will work out for you.

witte
04-29-2022, 08:57 AM
No mud for us, pigs!
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/apr/29/eden-project-cornwall-installs-plastic-grass-to-stop-children-getting-muddy?CMP=share_btn_tw

Dan Earle
04-29-2022, 11:09 AM
Dan

I should say I'm Cambridge based.

paul_is_dead
04-30-2022, 10:03 AM
How on earth are people planning to get to this?

jmtd
05-01-2022, 01:09 AM
Big green coach to/from Newquay
Flights to/from Newquay

WorzelG
05-01-2022, 03:12 AM
Train from Cardiff Central to St Austell, nearly 5 hours though. Staying at the St Austell premier inn

paul_is_dead
05-01-2022, 11:08 AM
Train from Cardiff Central to St Austell, nearly 5 hours though. Staying at the St Austell premier inn

Haven't bought a ticket yet but would get the train from Cardiff to either Plymouth or Newquay then Big Green Coach it.

They should've had a show in Cardiff lol ;)

Sarah_Munn
05-01-2022, 03:50 PM
Train from Coventry to random station near the M5, then a lift from friends travelling from t'up north. 6 of us sharing a caravan so thankfully costs have stayed manageable. Can't wait, now I've seen pictures and clips from last few shows I'm too excited to wait until June.

moliver_xxii
05-08-2022, 02:03 PM
trip log update:
booked a ferry from Roscoff, FR to Plymouth, UK the day before friday. now i need to get to the port,
find a way to sleep soundly thirsday, and hopefully arrive as early as possible on friday.
then i need to get back home in France.

ah and i've moved to Poland i need to get the bus.

miss k bee
05-10-2022, 06:59 AM
Train from London to Plymouth then Big Green Coach to Eden. Staying in Plymouth, trip to Penzance next day and maybe Exeter on Monday, however may have to cancel everything, won't be sure until end of this month :(

jmtd
05-14-2022, 10:35 AM
Made a minor tweak to my itinerary for this trip which made it feel more real and soon to me. Getting excited. I’d like to possibly meet up or say hello to some ETSers over the thus-sat. Not sure how to best arrange that. Private signal group maybe? If anyone is interested PM me for now I guess!

zephyr
05-20-2022, 03:21 AM
Would be nice to hang with some people even though it's been years since I was active on here. I'm driving down from London solo on the Friday for both shows.

Dan Earle
05-20-2022, 04:21 AM
Would be nice to hang with some people even though it's been years since I was active on here. I'm driving down from London solo on the Friday for both shows.

I driving down from Cambridge for the Saturday show,even have a spare ticket that seems impossible to give away.

Tom
05-23-2022, 08:11 AM
Finally booked my accommodation - I was worried I'd left it too late but managed to find a nice little place more or less within walking distance. Phew!

SarazenvonWolfenstein
05-27-2022, 11:13 AM
Without getting my hopes up, I'll just put it out there: I was wondering whether anyone intends on doing some carpooling from London on Thursday (and back on Sunday), I'm willing to pay for gas, of course. Alternatively, I'm looking at train connections, could any of you locals recommend a reputable website to book tickets in advance? Generally, are trains reliable in the UK or will I have to face delays and last minute cancellations due to fuck knows what? Thanks ahead! PS: I'm slowly getting very nervous about this travel clusterfuck, yet at the same time very excited for my first NIИ gig in four years!

witte
05-28-2022, 03:53 AM
Without getting my hopes up, I'll just put it out there: I was wondering whether anyone intends on doing some carpooling from London on Thursday (and back on Sunday), I'm willing to pay for gas, of course. Alternatively, I'm looking at train connections, could any of you locals recommend a reputable website to book tickets in advance? Generally, are trains reliable in the UK or will I have to face delays and last minute cancellations due to fuck knows what? Thanks ahead! PS: I'm slowly getting very nervous about this travel clusterfuck, yet at the same time very excited for my first NIИ gig in four years!
I already bought my train tickets via:
https://www.gwr.com/?utm_source=misc&utm_medium=email&utm_term=GWR_logo&utm_content=EB1071057&utm_campaign=WEB_BKG_CON

Good luck.

witte
05-28-2022, 03:55 AM
Everybody already knows this. If not, see the FAQS link here:
https://www.edensessions.com/faqs

gunn13
05-28-2022, 06:10 AM
So... I have two tickets for the Friday. Can no longer make it. Thankfully still seeing them in Glasgow.
Anyone got any idea how to sell or transfer the tickets via AXS?

miss k bee
05-28-2022, 07:04 AM
I am not going now so looking for a way to sell my ticket.

SarazenvonWolfenstein
05-28-2022, 11:10 AM
Did anybody else get a notification from axs that their tickets supposedly are "delivered" (you'd need the app for that and I can't download it - already contacted customer support)? That very email mentions that there is an official axs resale, but only for specific venues - not including Eden. So, I'd suggest you all contact customer service and hope for the best - good luck!

jmtd
05-28-2022, 01:50 PM
So... I have two tickets for the Friday. Can no longer make it. Thankfully still seeing them in Glasgow.
Anyone got any idea how to sell or transfer the tickets via AXS?

Did you buy in the fan presale or GA?

Edit to expand: GA tickets might be transferable, but the pre-sale ones definitely aren’t.

jmtd
05-29-2022, 03:20 PM
Trying to decide how to fill my solo time in Cornwall. Might go to the Eden project on one of the days! Possibly Saturday, so I have some idea how the venue and busses etc work from Friday. On the other hand I might tire myself out with all the walking before the gig (+the night before)

The rest of the time I’m up in Newquay. Definitely going to do some surfing. Not sure what else.

gunn13
05-29-2022, 03:45 PM
Did you buy in the fan presale or GA?

Edit to expand: GA tickets might be transferable, but the pre-sale ones definitely arenÂ’t.

Thanks for the info.

😞. Yes, bought in the fan pre sale.
I was really looking forward to the show and was planning a whole Cornish holiday to build ahead of it, but circumstances mean it's not possible now. It's a shame.
Will just contact AXS and see what I can do now.

jmtd
05-29-2022, 04:01 PM
Good luck :(

SarazenvonWolfenstein
05-30-2022, 11:46 AM
I'm just throwing in a random idea for the people trying to sell their tickets: While reading through the endless AXS FAQs, I stumbled upon the statement that if you don't have a functioning mobile phone/internet connection/axs app in order to present your mobile ticket, you could transfer that ticket to a "friend" who has and enter together: https://support.axs.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360036114494-What-happens-if-people-do-not-have-the-ability-to-download-the-AXS-App-or-have-a-smart-phone-. From what I understand, you do not have to present a valid photo ID with that mobile ticket, so, maybe you could somehow (in cooperation with another concert attendee who uses that app and could hold your ticket for someone else) make things work? What a goddamn mess!

SarazenvonWolfenstein
05-30-2022, 11:56 AM
On another note, for everyone who cannot (or does not) want to deal with all the app nonsense, the offical Eden Box Office just sent the following statement to me (AXS has yet to reply to my inquiry about how to enter with neither a functioning app nor the combo of credit card the tickets were bought with (as if, used paypal)+photo ID): "The reference number on the tickets will be enough to gain entry to Eden and the concert. You will just need to present that details at the admissions desks on arrival at the visitor centre. As for your walk in, you can enter vis the North Gate and follow the path and signs to the visitor centre." Hope this could be helpful!

TheBang
05-30-2022, 03:29 PM
I'm just throwing in a random idea for the people trying to sell their tickets: While reading through the endless AXS FAQs, I stumbled upon the statement that if you don't have a functioning mobile phone/internet connection/axs app in order to present your mobile ticket, you could transfer that ticket to a "friend" who has and enter together: https://support.axs.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360036114494-What-happens-if-people-do-not-have-the-ability-to-download-the-AXS-App-or-have-a-smart-phone-.
I think the "friend" solution presupposes that the ticket in question is transferrable, like most tickets are. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, the fan presale tickets are NOT transferrable. Therefore, the only solution for a person without a smartphone would be the first one presented, i.e. your credit card and photo ID.

For these non-transferrable tickets, I think the only way to resell them would be to basically give your AXS account credentials to the person you sell it to, so that they can login to it on their phone. You'd have to be really trusting of the other person to give your account back at the end of it, or if you don't want the account back. This wouldn't work too well if you have additional future tickets on the account that you don't want to risk losing. You'd also want to scrub any saved payment information. Really, frankly, this is maybe a good argument for making a unique throwaway AXS account for each ticket purchase you make, so that you can transfer the whole account at any time if you need to.

jmtd
05-31-2022, 03:10 AM
The Eden sessions FAQ says they will offer a refund for someone who can’t attend due to being covid positive if they have a confirmed positive LFT / proof of within 48 hours of the relevant night. Obviously this doesn’t help people trying to shift them now (and I am NOT encouraging fraud or deliberately getting infected) but it’s good to know because from what I can tell appropriate travel insurance can cover most other expenses in that scenario (flights, hotels, etc) but I couldn’t find any which covered gigs (unless they accepted a gig as an “excursion”)

Im wondering what proportion of sold tickets will be no-shows as the travel difficulties become clearer to folks, and how empty or full the venue is going to feel

SarazenvonWolfenstein
05-31-2022, 08:14 AM
Thank you very much for the clarification, TheBang! My understanding was that the transferring of tickets does not work in the app, but you could do that on the desktop version/AXS website (I should have mentioned that, duh!). BUT, as I stated in the following post (and being incredulous, I asked them again), according to the Eden Box Office, all you need to pick up your tickets is the reference number! Also, for anybody wondering, AXS customer service is FUCKING USELESS, all they did is copy and paste the FAQ's that I have already read and that are not helpful at all. I really wonder why there is no better solution, considering the exorbitant ticket prices - after finally having done the math/conversion, I noticed that these are the most expensive tickets I have ever bought (a record formerly held by Tool), the last round of NIИ gigs cost about half(!!!) as much (in Euro)! I really wish we could go back to the 2014 arrangements, it all went so smoothly, you were handed out a wristband stating your position in the queue and then went on to pick up your physical tickets with your ID card only. jmtd, hopefully we won't end up with a half-empty venue plus a lot of frustrated people back at home who not only have to miss out on the experience, but also lose a lot of money. UPDATE: After another, very unpleasant mail I've had to sent, someone from AXS finally actually answered my questions. So, the situation is the following: They claim I'd need the order confirmation plus a valid photo ID in order to get my tickets, whereas the Eden Box Office stated that presenting the booking reference number should suffice (I let them know I had bought the tickets in the fan-presale). For me this does not pose a problem either way; for all of you trying to sell their tickets, perhaps there is a chance that you could pass on the booking reference number without the ticket? Or try the ticket transfer via the AXS website (not the app) to someone trustworthy that attends the concert (maybe from this forum?) and that person could present all tickets on their phone and enter the venue together with the buyer?

miss k bee
05-31-2022, 01:03 PM
I think the "friend" solution presupposes that the ticket in question is transferrable, like most tickets are. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, the fan presale tickets are NOT transferrable. Therefore, the only solution for a person without a smartphone would be the first one presented, i.e. your credit card and photo ID.

For these non-transferrable tickets, I think the only way to resell them would be to basically give your AXS account credentials to the person you sell it to, so that they can login to it on their phone. You'd have to be really trusting of the other person to give your account back at the end of it, or if you don't want the account back. This wouldn't work too well if you have additional future tickets on the account that you don't want to risk losing. You'd also want to scrub any saved payment information. Really, frankly, this is maybe a good argument for making a unique throwaway AXS account for each ticket purchase you make, so that you can transfer the whole account at any time if you need to.

Think I will do this as I don't have anything else on the AXS account so will just delete the account the day after or change the password. Getting refunds on the train tickets and hotel rooms is a breeze compared to this!

estherwho
05-31-2022, 02:55 PM
If you need a travelling companion i would happily help with gas :)
Im flying in for the concert to London and still not sure how i will get to Cornwall nor where I will stay since everything in my budget seems already booked , but i still cant believe i will see NIN (i am from Panamá and no one goes there )

estherwho
05-31-2022, 03:02 PM
New member over here, Panamanian traveling from Tel Aviv to Budapest to London to Cornwall with a recent injured knee but i think this might be my one and only chance to see NIN
I still dont know how i will get from London to Cornwall nor where i will stay since everything seems completely booked or crazily expensive
Any recommendations or help would be appreciate it 💙💙🫠🫠 and would also be great to hang out

moliver_xxii
06-02-2022, 05:09 AM
On another note, for everyone who cannot (or does not) want to deal with all the app nonsense, the offical Eden Box Office just sent the following statement to me (AXS has yet to reply to my inquiry about how to enter with neither a functioning app nor the combo of credit card the tickets were bought with (as if, used paypal)+photo ID): "The reference number on the tickets will be enough to gain entry to Eden and the concert. You will just need to present that details at the admissions desks on arrival at the visitor centre. As for your walk in, you can enter vis the North Gate and follow the path and signs to the visitor centre." Hope this could be helpful!

i love you <3 this is valuable knowledge! thanks a lot!

moliver_xxii
06-02-2022, 05:15 AM
The reference number on the tickets will be enough to gain entry to Eden and the concert

what is the reference number though?

SarazenvonWolfenstein
06-02-2022, 01:53 PM
what is the reference number though?

It is also called the booking number and should be easily visible on your ticket, perhaps even in the booking confirmation mail.

SarazenvonWolfenstein
06-03-2022, 09:30 AM
New member over here, Panamanian traveling from Tel Aviv to Budapest to London to Cornwall with a recent injured knee but i think this might be my one and only chance to see NIN
I still dont know how i will get from London to Cornwall nor where i will stay since everything seems completely booked or crazily expensive
Any recommendations or help would be appreciate it 💙💙🫠🫠 and would also be great to hang out

Hey there, that sounds like quite the insane trip! Some more info on where and when exactly you land would be helpful. From what I can tell, the very cheapest way from London (Heathrow airport, mind you) to Cornwall would be the National Express bus (to Bodmin or Newquay, I believe). In terms of accommodation, you could try to find a place in a nearby town, where a Big Green Coach runs to after the show, in order to have some more options. Don't NIN play South America (and Israel too) occasionally at least? Anyway, good luck and safe travels!

moliver_xxii
06-04-2022, 05:18 AM
It is also called the booking number and should be easily visible on your ticket, perhaps even in the booking confirmation mail.

is it a 10digit number?
on the website i have "Order No." only...
i don't have "booking"

SarazenvonWolfenstein
06-05-2022, 09:03 AM
is it a 10digit number? on the website i have "Order No." only... i don't have "booking" I just checked the mail from axs again and indeed they call it both a "confirmation -" and "order number" (a ten digit number) - "potato - potahto". I do recommend contacting the Eden Box office just in case though.

laz001
06-07-2022, 05:22 AM
I'm attending on the Saturday in the Session Plus area! I'm bringing my Mrs (who doesn't really know NIN) - and my two eldest kids - who have both never been to a gig before! They are all MEGA excited - as am I!

I am really looking forwards to meeting up with some fellow NIN fans!

BTW - has anybody ever viewed from Eden Project before? Whats it like as an arena?

jmtd
06-08-2022, 12:28 PM
Anyone hanging out in or near Newquay for these? I’ll be there thus-sat. Just filling my itinerary, definitely time for a quiet pint with nin fans :)

Considering a separate jaunt to the Eden project during the day too, not sure yet

jmtd
06-10-2022, 02:22 AM
Last night my daughter broke her arm badly… so now my trip is very much at risk of not happening. I can hardly believe this.

moliver_xxii
06-10-2022, 10:33 AM
Last night my daughter broke her arm badly… so now my trip is very much at risk of not happening. I can hardly believe this.
oh no! i wish her a good recovery!

Tom
06-10-2022, 01:44 PM
Man, so sorry to hear this. I hope she's okay and that you're able to square the circle.

jmtd
06-10-2022, 04:44 PM
Thanks folks I really appreciate it. She’s home and resting and we’ll see how things play out I guess!

gunn13
06-12-2022, 04:50 AM
Update, fwiw...

No luck with getting a refund or help with trying to sell my presale tickets. Wasn't holding out much hope. AXS take a very long time to come back so that back and forth was very frustrating, but have pretty much drawn a line under it now.

They did however state that "screenshots can be used for entry but we can't guarantee they would be accepted" when I asked about transferring to another person. Not the most helpful answer, so short of an informal sale and handing over my AXS account to someone, think I'm just going to have to take the hit on the tickets. Oh well. Just a shame that they will go to waste.

SarazenvonWolfenstein
06-12-2022, 06:16 AM
Last night my daughter broke her arm badly… so now my trip is very much at risk of not happening. I can hardly believe this. I'm sorry to hear that and wish her a speedy recovery! Have you found a way to make things work?

SarazenvonWolfenstein
06-12-2022, 06:29 AM
Update, fwiw...

No luck with getting a refund or help with trying to sell my presale tickets. Wasn't holding out much hope. AXS take a very long time to come back so that back and forth was very frustrating, but have pretty much drawn a line under it now.

They did however state that "screenshots can be used for entry but we can't guarantee they would be accepted" when I asked about transferring to another person. Not the most helpful answer, so short of an informal sale and handing over my AXS account to someone, think I'm just going to have to take the hit on the tickets. Oh well. Just a shame that they will go to waste.

I've had some very frustrating forth and back with AXS myself since I won't deal with their stupid app in order to enter, but, as I stated earlier in this thread, according to the Eden Box Office the order number alone will allow someone to pick up the tickets...so, you could pass that number on to somebody else; in case they were to be denied entry, they could just not pay you; maybe they decide to fuck you over and not pay you either way despite being granted access, or the entire transaction goes smoothly and everybody's happy. Either way, perhaps better than losing out on the experience and your money and letting those tickets go to waste??

I don't know, it seems so many people are struggling and I wonder how many will eventually show up at all; I can only hope that there won't be any major fuck-ups during my 18 hour travel next week, I'm not even that excited yet for the show, but more worried about the situation in general :/

SarazenvonWolfenstein
06-12-2022, 06:31 AM
Also, is anybody flying into Newquay (perhaps from London like I am) on Thursday already and staying in/near St. Austell? If so, I'd be up for sharing a taxi, let me know!

laz001
06-12-2022, 01:43 PM
I've had some very frustrating forth and back with AXS myself since I won't deal with their stupid app in order to enter, but, as I stated earlier in this thread, according to the Eden Box Office the order number alone will allow someone to pick up the tickets...so, you could pass that number on to somebody else; in case they were to be denied entry, they could just not pay you; maybe they decide to fuck you over and not pay you either way despite being granted access, or the entire transaction goes smoothly and everybody's happy. Either way, perhaps better than losing out on the experience and your money and letting those tickets go to waste??

I don't know, it seems so many people are struggling and I wonder how many will eventually show up at all; I can only hope that there won't be any major fuck-ups during my 18 hour travel next week, I'm not even that excited yet for the show, but more worried about the situation in general :/

Can’t you go on the AXS website and print the tickets? Or is that not so much the problem here?

TheBang
06-12-2022, 08:03 PM
Can’t you go on the AXS website and print the tickets? Or is that not so much the problem here?
Terms from the AXS presale:

"Tickets will be delivered via AXS Mobile ID digital ticket and will be locked to the original purchaser’s AXS account.

Digital transfer and resale will not be available. Original purchaser will need to attend event to ensure group entry. Duplicate orders and purchasers suspected of professional reselling will have tickets cancelled."

Can I print my AXS Mobile ID ticket? (https://support.axs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031518434-Can-I-print-my-AXS-Mobile-ID-ticket-)
"Unlike e-tickets, AXS Mobile ID tickets are digital and cannot be printed for venue entry."

jmtd
06-13-2022, 01:15 AM
I'm sorry to hear that and wish her a speedy recovery! Have you found a way to make things work?

Thank you. She’s doing much better a few days later so current plan A is I’m going to
Both shows again

Also, is anybody flying into Newquay (perhaps from London like I am) on Thursday already and staying in/near St. Austell? If so, I'd be up for sharing a taxi, let me know!

With plan A I’m flying into Newquay from Newcastle on Thursday but I’m staying in Newquay. With plan B, I’d be flying in Saturday.

moliver_xxii
06-14-2022, 04:04 AM
just booked a room in Plymouth for the night before the show... it's becoming real! my first solo trip across the see!

CAMEO172
06-14-2022, 04:29 AM
I have one spare ticket for each night.
The price : what you want even free if you can't afford.

The ticket are on my iphone so we have to meet before and enter together, AXS system seems quite rude.

moliver_xxii
06-14-2022, 12:20 PM
"If you have received your tickets by email but are unable to print them, please bring your booking reference (a combination of letters and numbers) to the ticketing desks, where our staff will ask you some security questions."

OK! so i found the paragraph in the website for the non smartphone a**holes like me... GREAT. now i can sleep soundly. and everything is alright.

"tickets terms and conditions"
https://www.edensessions.com/faqs?g4id=12

TheBang
06-14-2022, 01:46 PM
"If you have received your tickets by email but are unable to print them, please bring your booking reference (a combination of letters and numbers) to the ticketing desks, where our staff will ask you some security questions."

OK! so i found the paragraph in the website for the non smartphone a**holes like me... GREAT. now i can sleep soundly. and everything is alright.

"tickets terms and conditions"
https://www.edensessions.com/faqs?g4id=12
Keep in mind that those instructions are for tickets sold directly through Eden Project.

The NIN Fan Presale tickets were sold through AXS, so if that is the type of ticket you bought, you should be prepared to comply with AXS's requirements for non-smartphone entry, which means you need your credit card, photo ID, and all members of your party present:

https://support.axs.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360036114494-What-happens-if-people-do-not-have-the-ability-to-download-the-AXS-App-or-have-a-smart-phone-

SarazenvonWolfenstein
06-14-2022, 05:25 PM
Keep in mind that those instructions are for tickets sold directly through Eden Project.

The NIN Fan Presale tickets were sold through AXS, so if that is the type of ticket you bought, you should be prepared to comply with AXS's requirements for non-smartphone entry, which means you need your credit card, photo ID, and all members of your party present:

https://support.axs.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360036114494-What-happens-if-people-do-not-have-the-ability-to-download-the-AXS-App-or-have-a-smart-phone-

Wooooah, wait a minute…. I contacted AXS because of that very reason: Neither do I own a credit card,nor did I pay for their service/tickets with a credit card, and my phone won’t download that goddamn app either: After a nonsensical bot reply, they stated that I will be allowed to enter presenting a photo ID plus an order confirmation number; according to the Eden Box Office (whom I did make aware of the fact that I had bought the tickets in the Axs presale) no photo ID is needed,but I’ll bring it along just in case. I assume no Axs representative will sit around at the venue to pester people with such nonsense; if they should dare to try and fuck me over, well…something’s gonna get brooooooooken!! See you all there, I’m about to head off.

bthitman
06-15-2022, 02:44 AM
Hi everyone,
I have a ticket for the Friday show only and I am traveling from London. If someone is going to Cornwall from London on Friday morning by car and have a spare seat please let me know I would be happy to join and pay for petrol.
✌️

Hi. I shoulda checked this thread more often! https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/6438-2022-06-17-18-Cornwall-UK-Eden-Project/images/smilies/smile.png You still looking for a lift from London on Friday? I might be able to help out. But it would be one way only! sorry. I will be staying in other parts of that area of England on Sat and Sun for other plans.

I am looking to leave around 8:30 am. From Camden area.

gunn13
06-15-2022, 10:01 AM
Right, after all the hassle, just putting it out there so they don't go to waste... 2 tickets for Friday 17th that I definitely can't use, £60 (bogof!) if you want them.

These are Fan Pre-sale tickets locked to my AXS account, so I'll be giving you my account to use... Just can't stomach them not getting used. DM if interested. Cheers.

zsorzs
06-15-2022, 07:41 PM
Thank you, I just booked a car on the blabla car website. but that is a full car with 5 people so if I can cancel that I might go with you. I send you a message. Thanks again

zsorzs
06-16-2022, 02:49 AM
Anyone driving to Plymouth after the Friday gig? Would be happy to join and pay for petrol. Thanks

zephyr
06-16-2022, 03:24 AM
Looks like it's going to rain day 2 but still be 20s - will be an interesting atmosphere!

Tom
06-16-2022, 11:12 AM
I have arrived! Had a surprisingly smooth journey from London to St Austell on the train, then picked up a hire car to get to the digs - I'm in a little cottage about 1 mile directly south of Eden. Saw quite a few other pasty people in black getting off at the station, so it seems the takeover has begun!

gunn13
06-16-2022, 04:20 PM
Still not been able to shift these so I am now giving them away for nothing. If anyone wants, or knows anyone that wants, 2 tickets for tomorrow (Friday) let me know and you can have them.

Right, after all the hassle, just putting it out there so they don't go to waste... 2 tickets for Friday 17th that I definitely can't use, £60 (bogof!) if you want them.

These are Fan Pre-sale tickets locked to my AXS account, so I'll be giving you my account to use... Just can't stomach them not getting used. DM if interested. Cheers.

ophelia_
06-17-2022, 02:12 AM
When are people arriving to line up? I can't check into my hotel until 4, so presume there'll be fuckloads of people in line by that stage... Think these gigs will be my first non-barricade shows, sadness

zephyr
06-17-2022, 06:02 AM
Will people really be in line by 4? I have never had issues getting near the front and have never queued from that early for NIN gigs.... though the only time I've been ont he rail was the Scala gig - and that was thanks to rhet on here queuing! I've just got to my airbnb which is across the road from the service entrance... going to hope they allow me to walk in there as otherwise I'm walking on some suspect roads at night.

jmtd
06-17-2022, 06:44 AM
My coach won’t arrive until 5 at the earliest. I’m sure we’ll be ok!

otnavuskire
06-17-2022, 07:05 AM
Will people really be in line by 4? I have never had issues getting near the front and have never queued from that early for NIN gigs.... though the only time I've been ont he rail was the Scala gig - and that was thanks to rhet on here queuing! I've just got to my airbnb which is across the road from the service entrance... going to hope they allow me to walk in there as otherwise I'm walking on some suspect roads at night.

I know of at least one person that's there already (for at least three hours based on when they posted their picture of the bubbles), and I'm pretty sure they're there with more people.

zephyr
06-17-2022, 07:11 AM
Nin sound checking atm. Heard less than and copy of a I believe

miss k bee
06-17-2022, 02:08 PM
After trying to sell my presale ticket for Saturday, I am now eligible for a full refund as I have Covid. Sod's law!!. I may now have to sell my Brixton ticket too.

jmtd
06-17-2022, 05:23 PM
Ok my bucket list is full of ticks now

After trying to sell my presale ticket for Saturday, I am now eligible for a full refund as I have Covid. Sod's law!!. I may now have to sell my Brixton ticket too.

Oh that sucks I’m so sorry. I hope you can make Brixton.

R-Dot-Yung
06-17-2022, 05:27 PM
Hey I'm going to be there tomorrow night in the sessions plus area. I've messed up and not booked a car to get me home though and everywhere is fully booked up.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a taxi rank at Eden sessions when the show ends? Desperate to get back to Lostwithiel after the shows over.