PDA

View Full Version : 2022.05.22 Daytona Beach, FL @ Welcome to Rockville

TheBang
05-23-2022, 03:19 AM
I assume the venue looked like this tonight:

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/02/06/climate/06CLI-LIGHTNING/06CLI-LIGHTNING-jumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp

K-Rice
05-23-2022, 09:27 AM
I assume the venue looked like this tonight:

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/02/06/climate/06CLI-LIGHTNING/06CLI-LIGHTNING-jumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp
No that was Ministry’s set. Fortunately weather held out for NIN. Unfortunately more festival BS happened and NIN had a fairly lengthy tech delay near the beginning of the set. Otherwise they had a great show.

m0reta
05-23-2022, 10:17 AM
This show was aggressive as hell and I loved it. TR was a cool cucumber though even if freaking out with respect to the technical delays.
We got *two* guitar throws though! :-D

I walked in at 8pm, found a spot with the rail at my back to the right of the soundboard facing the stage. I was able to see the stage pretty well and had a lovely breeze to help make it through the humidity. Happy to have seen my friend HeckyDee who I must give props to for managing to get through all four days of the fest, through the heat, humidity, and weather cancellations! I spent my time over the same four days inside waiting in one line or another at Megacon. :-) Then after got to say hello/goodbye as usual to ninlive and zeegrizzle. It was funny after the show to simply look across the T-bone and see them over there.

Shout out to :
- the young man who moved over and let me stand on the rail after I asked if it was ok to reach out now and then and grab it as I have wobble now in my old age; by the last few songs there was tons of space there as people left/moved
- the merch booth lady who sold me a WTR poster while they were taking down one of the merch booths
- the young man who took my photo in front of the TDS giant banner box
- the parking staff who got me parked!
- all of you kind ninnies who prayed to your deities/ketchup so there was no further weather issues :-D

Favourite moments in no particular order:
- the delay, sorry NIN!
- TR asking the crowd if they went to see KISS and if they enjoyed the show, then reminiscing about dressing up as KISS when he was (I think) 12
- Reptile (I luf u so much), TPD, MSD opener, piggy (I turned to rest my arm on the rail and saw Perry Farrell having an enjoy), shit mirror (yay robin), and burn
- Ilan's drumming solo on TPD as always
- NOBODY in the crowd around me started yelling 'hail satan'