PDA

View Full Version : Project 2025

Jinsai
07-06-2024, 09:40 PM
So this is finally something that people are talking about. At first it sounded like some kind of outlandish conspiracy theory. It’s true. It’s a thing. To call it a far-right Christian Nationalist takeover plot would be an understatement, and finally it’s getting airtime on mainstream news networks and taken seriously.

So, now that people are talking about it, what do we do about it? (https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c977njnvq2do)

Trump, naturally, claims he has nothing to do with it.

Where it is right now, the Wikipedia page (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025) is laying out the agenda pretty well.

GulDukat
07-06-2024, 10:12 PM
I'm starting to see more people talk about it, online, on TV, etc.

People who watch FOX will blow it off, but it might encourage more people to vote (D).

stankeybearlover
07-07-2024, 06:48 AM
The electorate of the far-right in the Netherlands (which as of last week has a "moderate" christofascist administration led by a spy chief) is already calling on social media for adapting Project 2025 to Europe as a counter to the WEF's Chinese-Jewish plan to enslave all white people and force their children to have a muslim sex change.

allegate
07-07-2024, 05:36 PM
the WEF's Chinese-Jewish plan to enslave all white people and force their children to have a muslim sex change.
swear to god you could tell me that was a chatgpt prompt, it's so stupid.

Wretchedest
07-07-2024, 06:04 PM
I've seen a huge uptick about this on social media, I clouding from otherwise third party voters, so that is heartening

From the Wikipedia article:
Stephen Miller, a key architect of immigration policy during the Trump presidency, is a major figure in Project 2025 and under consideration for a senior role in the possible re-election of Trump.[49] Miller told Project 2025 participant Charlie Kirk in November 2023 that the operation would rival the scale and complexity of "building the Panama Canal." He said the operation would include deputizing the National Guard in red states as immigration enforcement officers, under Trump's command. These forces would then be deployed into blue states.[31]

Deacon Blackfire
07-07-2024, 06:44 PM
Kind of funny how Trump's attempt to distance himself from Project 2025 seems like it was at least partially a catalyst for it now receiving much more widespread and concerned coverage than I can ever remember seeing it get before. The Biden campaign certainly jumped right on pinning it to Trump in the wake of the latter's awkward denial message. I think they know their only real hope now is scaring the electorate enough with the prospect of these hideous plans that it will turn out for basically anyone to stop it.

The future waits before all of us and we have to make sure this disgusting right-wing wet dream never becomes a functional blueprint for it.

stankeybearlover
07-08-2024, 02:52 AM
swear to god you could tell me that was a chatgpt prompt, it's so stupid.
To be honest, I found conspracy theories more entertaining before the crazies who believed in them could feasably usher in the literal end of life on Earth.

allegate
07-08-2024, 12:26 PM
Kind of funny how Trump's attempt to distance himself from Project 2025 seems like it was at least partially a catalyst for it now receiving much more widespread and concerned coverage than I can ever remember seeing it get before. The Biden campaign certainly jumped right on pinning it to Trump in the wake of the latter's awkward denial message. I think they know their only real hope now is scaring the electorate enough with the prospect of these hideous plans that it will turn out for basically anyone to stop it.

The future waits before all of us and we have to make sure this disgusting right-wing wet dream never becomes a functional blueprint for it.
I wish it wasn't so hard to prove sedition because this is a slam dunk case. But then it would probably go to Cannon and she'd slow walk that as well.

Sarah K
07-08-2024, 01:27 PM
Not me working at a federal department set to be deleted. :(

henryeatscereal
07-08-2024, 03:57 PM
John Oliver mentioned it in LWT, sounds terrible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYwqpx6lp_s

allegate
07-08-2024, 04:34 PM
Not me working at a federal department set to be deleted. :(

yeah, working at the department of suckers and losers is really rough right now.