PDA

View Full Version : Little things that cheer you up.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

ophelia_
07-31-2014, 07:05 PM
I GET TO MEET JAMES DEEN IN THE FLESH THIS WEEKEND! *dies*

Sarah K
07-31-2014, 07:10 PM
I GET TO MEET JAMES DEEN IN THE FLESH THIS WEEKEND! *dies*

I fucking hate you forever for this, btw.

ophelia_
07-31-2014, 07:36 PM
I will touch him and think of you... Hopefully I get a hug/crotch grab. And there will be pictures!

Sarah K
07-31-2014, 07:52 PM
What if it is like an Avril Lavigne style meet and greet where you have to stay like 3 feet away?

That would be so awful... Ugh.

You should probably have someone record it AND have someone taking photos. Please send me a framed photo of you guys together. Haha.

TheyCallMeDrug
07-31-2014, 10:36 PM
i got a new job in teaching in nyc after 5 years in the same school.

unfortunately the school i was at had amateur administration that only snowballed the problems from there on out. long story short, the school community suffered and I couldn't be happier I'm out.

new school is golden with great kids and professionals throughout. cant wait to start in September :)

edit: i can physically and mentally feel the layers of negativity peeling away that those people put on me. the dismantling of the negativity onion

sentient02970
08-01-2014, 05:45 AM
edit: i can physically and mentally feel the layers of negativity peeling away that those people put on me. the dismantling of the negativity onion
I have always been of the mind that when around negative people (I think of them as "poison people") too long, especially in a work environment, you get dragged down into the pit with them despite your best positive outlooks. I suspect that was the case for you here and am glad you are able to distance from it this way. Congrats!

Joy Prevention Hotline
08-01-2014, 08:14 PM
the dismantling of the negativity onion
That would be an awesome album title.

Fixer808
08-02-2014, 05:55 AM
After seeing the trailer for the new Dracula movie, me and a coworker were joking about creating a goth metal band called "Fist of Bats". Now I might just do it anyway, for a chuckle...

Butterscotch
08-02-2014, 03:04 PM
It's raining.

It may seem odd to some, but the rain makes me happy.

Halo Infinity
08-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Puns in general, and funny glitches in video games. Playing multiplayer video games with friends in real life.

Oh yes, and as of late: The overall jokes and humor of: @Ryan (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=67) and @tony.parente (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2107)

It just seems to work for me. :p

Charmingly Miserable
08-02-2014, 06:10 PM
It's raining.

It may seem odd to some, but the rain makes me happy.
Oh yeah. It's raining on and off here too and somehow, I'm not crying.

Started a new painting in the rain.

Timinator
08-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Birds on my balcony.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/03/ezu5a8ym.jpg

elevenism
08-02-2014, 11:54 PM
Birds on my balcony.

Damn man, that is fucking AMAZING!

http://i.imgur.com/qzoUguS.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/ROdj2D8.jpg

This is what cheers me up! Tyler is my real name, and my brother Aztech's real name is Austin. We have these on either side of a street sign we stole when we were kids with my mom, Kimberly's, name on it. :)

nothing8
08-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Finally had another lucid dream last night after a fairly long period of sleepless nights and just not feeling the whole lucid dream vibe. It was quite funny how it came about and it was VERY vivid, it felt so real I opted to try jumping and touching the ceiling over throwing myself in front of a car incase I really was awake.

tony.parente
08-03-2014, 06:46 AM
Birds on my balcony.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/03/ezu5a8ym.jpg

Where the fuck do you live where tucan sam and his brother just perches on your balcony?

Ryan
08-03-2014, 07:00 AM
Where the fuck do you live where tucan sam and his brother just perches on your balcony?

Heaven, my dear lad.

Fixer808
08-03-2014, 07:01 AM
The best part is that both those birds look fucking FURIOUS over something.

allegro
08-03-2014, 10:38 AM
The best part is that both those birds look fucking FURIOUS over something.
They're pissed that the CANADIAN dude is taking their picture.

Cheers me up: I took a NAP on my boat yesterday. (http://i.imgur.com/OUsTDTi.jpg?2) omg it was awesome.

theruiner
08-03-2014, 08:47 PM
So, I was looking at a picture from me from three weeks on hormones and then another picture of me from a few days ago, just past the two month mark. And my face looks different to me. I couldn't quite tell what it was, but it looks different. Thinner, perhaps. But I haven't lost any weight.

So I showed the pics to my sister and she said yeah, you definitely look different. She said my face looks more feminine and rounded. I asked for specifics and she said it's my jaw and my cheeks. And those are definitely things that are affected by HRT. She just made my night.

Baphomette
08-04-2014, 02:00 AM
'Puter not broken no more!!

Timinator
08-04-2014, 05:55 AM
They're pissed that the CANADIAN dude is taking their picture.More like pissed because I wasn't letting them shit on my outdoor furniture, eh.

Heaven, my dear lad.What he said.

cynicmuse
08-04-2014, 11:59 PM
I'm getting a female astronomer lego set (http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-lego-girl-scientist-set-20140605-story.html)! It will look great sitting next to my lego Saturn V rocket and Apollo lunar module.

ophelia_
08-05-2014, 01:41 AM
I'm getting a female astronomer lego set (http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-lego-girl-scientist-set-20140605-story.html)! It will look great sitting next to my lego Saturn V rocket and Apollo lunar module.

Omg that is amazing! How cool.

Sarah K
08-05-2014, 10:20 AM
I have just been in THE BEST MOOD for a couple of weeks now. I don't even know why, but it's been great. Maybe I'm just high off of NIN stuff, and knowing that I get to see family and friends this week.

I hope this lasts for a while!

implanted_microchip
08-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Really, really good coffee. Especially when you get just the right amount scooped into the filter, it's like a sign that the rest of the day is going to go splendidly.

Oh, my depression has basically realized "We ought to back down off of this motherfucker" lately, and it's been pretty great, too. It's more background noise than anything and I don't feel unmotivated every single day (I'm still sleeping a lot, but I'm just pretty sure that's general laziness at this point). So yay me!

Catchy synth hooks and drum tracks that make me sway my head side to side, which is the closest to dancing I ever get.

Sex-fueled sleepovers.

Really enjoying a book everyone says sucks.

elevenism
08-07-2014, 04:47 PM
this kinda sucks but it's funny so it cheers me up.

since it's been 2 years since i got my license renewed, i have to take driving test to get it.

i remember doing this 18 years ago, lolz.

TheyCallMeDrug
08-07-2014, 10:15 PM
4 full weeks of vacation left until work starts up. lots of movies, trips, concerts and my new puppy to keep me occupied. excited for work to start too. life is good right now.

Big Fat Matt
08-07-2014, 10:20 PM
The pictures of your pets thread. I love animals.

TheyCallMeDrug
08-07-2014, 10:37 PM
The pictures of your pets thread. I love animals.

i just posted, check out my new puppy!

elevenism
08-08-2014, 03:36 AM
i just posted, check out my new puppy!

i've got a few in there too...i have three wonderful cats and one EXCEPTIONAL bulldog.

i share Big Fat Matt 's love of animals, which is evident in my current avatar. :)

Earlier we had all three herekittykitties in the bed with us!

Joy Prevention Hotline
08-08-2014, 01:34 PM
I get cheered up by my boss's pets, whom I'm taking care of for a few days. Two semi-insane cats and a semi-insane dog that's slightly smaller than they are.

This time it's complicated though, because I also have her son's two dogs. Much bigger than the cats, and I'd be leaning toward full-on insane if they weren't so typically Dog. :p

Joy Prevention Hotline
08-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Whoops, double post. ("But my cheerfulness just can't be contained!")

Anyway: (http://nextdraft.com/archives/n20140804/now-has-arrived/)

The instant gratification economy is booming: There are lots of investors, lots of customers, lots of mobile technologies, and lots of people who may never leave the house again.
Woohoo! My time has come. :D

Halo Infinity
08-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Catching up on sleep whenever I can.

Ryan
08-10-2014, 04:41 PM
My fiancé gave birth to our first daughter at 3:41am, August 11.

I'm now a dad like Trent!

Swykk
08-10-2014, 10:56 PM
My friends cheered me up yesterday and I finally have a mantle, which they built as well (I did help but am rather useless at construction/handyman type jobs)

The_Prowler
08-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Seeing someone out and about wearing a shirt from a band that I love.

Dra508
08-11-2014, 05:07 PM

Congratulations! Does this mean the days of you drunk posting are over? Poo.

Ryan
08-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Congratulations! Does this mean the days of you drunk posting are over? Poo.

haha, yes it is.

elevenism
08-12-2014, 12:57 PM
i found a bunch of nin interviews on the pbs app on my roku box...i've been listening to them on headphones in bed.
so nice.

Also, speaking of the roku box, we now have netflix, hulu, a MASSIVE vudu library thanks to an ets friend, Spotify, Qello Concerts...it's fucking ridiculous...more tv, movies, docs, music and shows than we could watch if we watched them for years.

dlb
08-12-2014, 01:36 PM

fuck yes! all power to you!

Very glad for you Ryan! You have all my blessings for your small family! :)

scotty79
08-12-2014, 03:29 PM

Congrats, parenthood is awesome, also, I'm getting married tomorrow, a little bit nervous though no real reason to be, we've been together long enough and been through enough together that this shouldn't put anything extra on our relationship

Dra508
08-12-2014, 11:03 PM
Congrats, parenthood is awesome, also, I'm getting married tomorrow, a little bit nervous though no real reason to be, we've been together long enough and been through enough together that this shouldn't put anything extra on our relationship

On a Wednesday? Unique. Congratulations to you scotty79

icecream
08-12-2014, 11:13 PM

That's awesome! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scotty79
08-12-2014, 11:27 PM
On a Wednesday? Unique. Congratulations to you scotty79

Thank you, Yeah, we're doing it while on holiday in cyprus that's why we weren't really fussed on what day of the week it was

Fixer808
08-13-2014, 05:55 AM
Work friend who snagged the new foreman position decided to rename OTHER work friend and I (we're all on the same crew), so I now have "HENCHMAN #1" on my hardhat.

We were going to fight for dominance, but friend wanted HENCHMAN #2 so he could make extremely dated Austin Powers "Who does number 2 work for?" jokes, and and suggested that I could over-use the Jack Nicholson as the Joker line, "You... are my number one... A-GUY!"
:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ag9Sll6RI

elevenism
08-13-2014, 06:05 PM
oh, hey, when i said there were NIN interviews on PBS, i meant NPR.

A lot of you have already heard these interviews, but if you haven't, find the NPR website and search for NIN.
There are some good ones.

Halo Infinity
08-13-2014, 11:51 PM
Gratefulness certainly goes a long way.

Charmingly Miserable
08-14-2014, 12:14 AM
My therapist.

elevenism
08-15-2014, 05:17 PM
My sweet, sweet little niece Layla Rain is here again. She is 2 and a half, and she LOVES her uncle Tyler.

She says "ty-er! ty-er! ty-er!"

She loves her aunt Lorien too...she calls her Ori. Ori and Ty-er, lol.

AND, tomorrow i get my huge bottle of vicodin and we are going to my favorite hotel again, The Fifth Season in Amarillo.
I went SO many times growing up and i just have SO many great memories of this place. The smell of it even...it's just SO fucking evocative.

The downside is that i'm getting injections in my back which are SUPPOSED to help after some time, but from what i understand, they hurt like hell at first.

Digital Twilight
08-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Never fails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77lVvFzSRZQ

Swykk
08-16-2014, 12:18 PM
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/hank-johnson-stop-militarizing-law-enforcement-act

allegro
08-16-2014, 07:28 PM
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/hank-johnson-stop-militarizing-law-enforcement-act

That cheers me up, too. Very good direction. They can't use 9/11 as an excuse for this shit anymore.

Halo Infinity
08-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Whenever music saves me from going off the deep end.

Charmingly Miserable
08-17-2014, 10:36 PM
I was at Sephora in JC Penny's today and some guy had asked me if I was a makeup artist. That was a sweet ass complement.

elevenism
08-18-2014, 04:31 PM
Ok, NOW i get to go to my favorite hotel.
my best friend's wife killing herself threw a monkey wrench in my plans.
I am so looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub tonight after all this pain.

Pillfred
08-18-2014, 07:28 PM
So my buddy came to visit the other day for the AIC show. Which in itself was cool but he brought his wife as well which was a total surprise and totally awesome. Probably been like 4-5 years since i've seen her, she's such an awesome lady, definitely made the visit much cooler.

Baphomette
08-19-2014, 01:22 AM
My phone got tapped. I don't know why I find this so hilarious, but I do.

Sarah K
08-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Friend who slit his wrists the same night my grandma died came back to work. <3

Big Fat Matt
08-20-2014, 05:40 PM
First local show in MONTHS. Good to be going to shows again. LETS DO THIS!

tony.parente
08-21-2014, 11:51 AM
My bomb ass new glasses that give the facade that I'm sensitive and intelligent.

OH! And reading through AgentofChaos' meltdown again. God that was gold.

Millionaire
08-22-2014, 09:46 AM
I look ridiculously young, like 12 years younger than I am, and lately I've been getting some obvious "interested" vibes from several young ladies, like 17-20 year olds who don't know my age. I'm not going to act upon it or nothing(girlfriend), but hell... I get a bit of a kick out of it.

The_Prowler
08-22-2014, 12:45 PM
I know how half of that is. If I shaved my facial hair off, I could walk into any high school in the country, sit down in any class I want and no one would say a thing. But most of the "girls" who hit on me are older (late thirties to forties) and so drunk they probably wouldn't remember even going out the night before. I've had some younger girls flirt with me, but not that many because I don't dress like a high schooler.

Anyway, something that always manages to make my day is talking to someone and discovering a mutual love of Doctor Who and bonding over it.

Swykk
08-22-2014, 07:22 PM
Did Chicago Comic Con today. I picked up some decent loot, met one of my favorites, John Carpenter (who signed my Thing poster, leaving only Kurt Russell and Wilford Brimley remaining...both of which I'll never get). Also met Black Dynamite himself, Michael Jai White.

Pillfred
08-22-2014, 07:44 PM
Not working and doing basically fuck all for an entire week. I haven't had a whole week off to myself in many years. Went and got a money order for my rent today and still had about a week's worth or more of float money in the bank, before shit gets real. That and everyone i've talked to about quitting has basically said i could go work with them if i wanted too. That and this new place two blocks from my apt I was looking to get into is hiring. And the fact that it's friday, and after i leave the coffee shop I'm gonna get me high today.

Joy Prevention Hotline
08-23-2014, 04:47 PM
The monkey selfie has been liberated!

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/08/monkeys-selfie-cannot-be-copyrighted-us-regulators-say/

DF118
08-23-2014, 05:18 PM
I absolutely love my Pebble Steel.

elevenism
08-24-2014, 12:47 AM
i didn't get to go to my hotel the other day.
but i am FINALLY getting to go tomorrow.
Yay!
i love this hotel so fucking much.
i have medical procedures on monday and tuesday and then my mom has one on thursday, so we are going to be there all week.
it is the most relaxing place in the world to me. the part i stay in opens up to a beautiful atrium with a hot tub, pool, sauna, video arcade, plants and palm trees. And the suites are the nicest i've ever seen. i thought i was going twice but the appts got changed.
third time's the charm!

Sarah K
08-24-2014, 01:01 AM
Someone told me that I looked 22 last week.

Baphomette
08-24-2014, 03:01 AM
My dad got creative with astroturf.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/missdv8/lawn4_zpsf2e2fd49.jpg

tony.parente
08-24-2014, 03:10 AM
When I cause so much butthurt by just being myself and not even trying that someone blocks me on Facebook. I always see it as though I won, and I legitimately lol every time I notice.

Also fun fact:

Origin The term “butthurt” originates from spanking[1] (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/butthurt#fn1), the act of striking the buttocks of another person, which is often seen as a method of punishing a child. Though some cultures view this as an acceptable form of discipline, it can be interpreted as abusive corporal punishment. Online, one of the earliest archived mentions of “butthurt” appeared in a 1998 comment[8] (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/butthurt#fn8) posted on the website of Swiss surrealist painter H. R. Giger.[9] (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/butthurt#fn9)

“Hollywood has tossed Giger for more talented artists, and even those artist who can emulate his style, without the tears and the hurt butts. If giger reads this I would be amazed, not only that he can comprehend a bunch of letters placed into groups and spaced randomly to create words which in turn create sentances, but that he can even UNDERSTAND the INTERNET! GIGER is LAME. all he can do is rely on his ALIEN paintings to make him famous! Well I used to be impressed until I read all this BUTTHURT he has been going through. Oh poor baby Giger.”

The comment was left by a poster named Doug in responding to Giger’s grievance over not being credited as a designer for sequel titles in the Aliens franchise. In the original 1979 film Alien, Giger based the extraterrestrial monsters after one of his 1976 paintings, Necronom IV (http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/326575).

Sarah K
08-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Taking a break from facebook.

theruiner
08-24-2014, 03:16 PM
In spite of my fluctuating feelings about my transition, there are times when I'm feeling pretty good about things, and I am determined to enjoy those moments, whatever my ultimate decision ends up being.

Like, a few minutes ago when, after putting some makeup on for the first time in weeks, I looked in the mirror and thought: holy shit, I look different. After almost three months on hormones, I'm starting to see a new face emerging there. *does happy dance*

Joy Prevention Hotline
08-24-2014, 06:21 PM
My friends in Napa (and their chocolate shop :p) survived the earthquake.

Jinsai
08-24-2014, 07:47 PM
I assisted at a tech expo this weekend and it was really fun (and a little exhausting).

Still, I got to record and engineer guitars for Dino from Fear Factory (amazing guitarist and a really nice guy), and I won three raffles and got about 600-700 dollars of free music gear.

Joy Prevention Hotline
08-24-2014, 08:08 PM
and I won three raffles and got about 600-700 dollars of free music gear.
Three raffles? I never win raffles.

Well, I did once. But that was an anomaly.*

* Actually, it was chocolate. Anomalies don't taste good.

blackholesun
08-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Breakfast burritos.

3:15
08-25-2014, 06:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSg2OIFum3o

Pillfred
08-25-2014, 08:24 PM
Managed to get season 3 of Walking Dead downloaded in about 15 minutes due to the screaming internet connection here at teh library. (relatively small file, just over a Gig but still) Also got the latest episode of the Strain and am abusing their generosity hoping to snag Near Dark before they close. Sadly i got no seeds for Game of Thrones. Who says you need to pay for internet. pfft.

Sarah K
08-25-2014, 08:26 PM
The With Teeth North poster that I've been searching for for YEARS arrived today.

THE NINTERNET <3

Lew
08-26-2014, 03:42 PM
http://youtu.be/LS37SNYjg8w

oh lordy, know i KNOW why i have a fucking ladystache ;p

elevenism
08-27-2014, 03:20 AM
Well I got my injections: 3 yesterday and 3 today. It was the most painful experience of my life. last night, however, my back pain started up but NOT THE TREATED SIDE. now these treatments are not the permanent solution... The main intention is to find out if my body will be responsive to a much more painful and invasive procedure called a rhi
Rhizotomy in which the nerves that come from the spinal cord are cauterized... Just burned away so they can't hurt anymore. What sucks about this is that you have to be awake while they fuck with your nerves to see which ones hurt the worst. As scary as this is, if it works, it gives me a new lease on life

I

elevenism
08-27-2014, 03:27 AM
Sorry for double post but I'm on a cell. The other cheerful thing is that I'm at my beloved fifth season hotel. I am close enough to just walk a few steps from my door to the hot tub. I've been coming here 25 years plus, and the nostalgia factor is unreal

Pillfred
08-27-2014, 07:01 PM
May start working again on Friday, even if i kind of dorked my interview due to sickness and it's accompanying mental lethargy.

On a similar note, i really need to get a resume together.

Dra508
08-27-2014, 08:49 PM
Well I got my injections: 3 yesterday and 3 today. It was the most painful experience of my life. last night, however, my back pain started up but NOT THE TREATED SIDE. now these treatments are not the permanent solution... The main intention is to find out if my body will be responsive to a much more painful and invasive procedure called a rhi
Rhizotomy in which the nerves that come from the spinal cord are cauterized... Just burned away so they can't hurt anymore. What sucks about this is that you have to be awake while they fuck with your nerves to see which ones hurt the worst. As scary as this is, if it works, it gives me a new lease on life

I

Yeeesh. That all sounds terrible. Is all this from a specific injury? I had a minor back issue which ice, rest, chiro, yoga, massage, and a bit of strength training has really helped me.
Pillfred I've got some kick ass resume tips if you need em. Even in your biz, I have to believe LinkedIn is used too, yes?

onthewall2983
08-27-2014, 09:22 PM
http://archives.echoingthesound.org/index.html

Pillfred
08-28-2014, 03:21 PM
I has job! And a new pair of shoes. :D

implanted_microchip
08-28-2014, 03:24 PM
I've been working on a novel for a few years now (I did a first draft of another one inbetween drafts of this one, so it's not as long as it sounds, or maybe it is, who knows), and am on what I'm pretty sure is going to be my final draft (or at least final draft where there's a drastic amount of changes and alterations), and yesterday I sat down and wrote 7,000 words. It felt incredibly fantastic, I don't think I've ever done that much in one sitting in my whole life, and I've been writing as a hobby since I was a kid.

elevenism
08-28-2014, 08:23 PM
sorry y'all

elevenism
08-28-2014, 08:26 PM
Yeeesh. That all sounds terrible. Is all this from a specific injury? I had a minor back issue which ice, rest, chiro, yoga, massage, and a bit of strength training has really helped me.

in may of 12, i fell asleep at the wheel doing about 90, unassed the highway and flipped the car five times.
We were amazed to walk away with our lives.
But i got scoliosis, herniated discs, the onset of degenerative joint disease, and some other things.
it has made it to where i can't work...can't hardly do SHIT. THAT is why i have been on ets so much.

Once i have the rhizeotomy, i should be able to work again.

Fun fact...the night of that wreck was my first date with the woman who became my wife.

Halo Infinity
08-28-2014, 08:52 PM
Chinese food with soda or iced coffee. I was just reminded as to how much I liked Chinese food after mostly having pizzas and burgers over the past several years. :)

Millionaire
08-29-2014, 04:54 AM
Boss just up and says, "Fuck, I need a break. Everybody gets the day off. Get out of here, fuckers" and walks out the door.

Lew
08-29-2014, 01:02 PM
http://justshows.com/toronto/venues/pepsi-pop-up/689/

uss next friday!!!!!!!

gods above and below, if tokyo police club is playing soon i will achieve my concert bucket list and can die. lol.

Throw_it_away9
08-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Boss just up and says, "Fuck, I need a break. Everybody gets the day off. Get out of here, fuckers" and walks out the door.

Similar idea, but it was planned earlier in the week. Same sentiment I think though.

hb13161705
08-31-2014, 09:25 AM
I've been in a funny mood all day. I weighed myself and gained 2kg (4.4lb) and I was so upset. I went to the gym and lifted weights to NIN. I don't know what song was playing, but the music was just depressing and getting me down. So I thought, fuck it, I will change the music and I put on the Rocky theme. I was more motivated to lift weights listening to the Rocky theme and it put a smile on my face.

implanted_microchip
08-31-2014, 06:19 PM
I've been in a funny mood all day. I weighed myself and gained 2kg (4.4lb) and I was so upset. I went to the gym and lifted weights to NIN. I don't know what song was playing, but the music was just depressing and getting me down. So I thought, fuck it, I will change the music and I put on the Rocky theme. I was more motivated to lift weights listening to the Rocky theme and it put a smile on my face.

Keep in mind that if you lift weights regularly, then your weight will be going up out of muscle growth. It's not always a negative thing!

Fixer808
08-31-2014, 06:51 PM
I just located my missing AIR dog-tags! Wish I'd found them before the show last November...

elevenism
08-31-2014, 09:06 PM
Still in Amarillo at this lovely hotel.

I got some blue color contacts and some green ones.
I love it! i'm the type of person who is really into things matching...if i start collecting these contacts, i can make my eyes match my plugs (i have 16 pair) and my shirts.

Timinator
08-31-2014, 09:34 PM
Factories repurposed into other things. For example, the Tate Modern museum in London (which used to be a power station) or this shopping centre I'm in now (which used to be a brick factory).

slave2thewage
09-01-2014, 12:03 AM
A-Grade moderation. I've been like this for the last twenty minutes -

http://i.imgur.com/AfiJs.gif

Swykk
09-01-2014, 04:14 PM
http://youtu.be/bn2ofZ84tZI

Dra508
09-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Factories repurposed into other things. For example, the Tate Modern museum in London (which used to be a power station) or this shopping centre I'm in now (which used to be a brick factory).

I live in an old shoe factory. The sky lights are enormous. It's like living on the sun sometimes.

tony.parente
09-01-2014, 07:43 PM
A-Grade moderation. I've been like this for the last twenty minutes -

http://i.imgur.com/AfiJs.gif
No one was banned.
<3

Leviathant
09-01-2014, 07:53 PM
No one was banned.
<3

1) Your voluntary leave of absence from the board sure was short, considering you were the worst offender in the event.

2) <3 is a strange way of spelling "Yet."

slave2thewage
09-01-2014, 08:02 PM
No one was banned.
<3
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1400804/rupaul-slaps-tyra-o.gif

Pillfred
09-02-2014, 02:22 AM
Pretty much teh whole day. All of it.

hb13161705
09-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Yay! I'm going to Melbourne tomorrow to attend a medical radiation sciences conference. Originally I was a radiation therapist, but since coming back from working overseas six years ago I've attended eighteen interviews and have not succeeded in landing one job, much to my despair and frustration. I'm considering studying diagnostic radiography next year which is the other stream of medical radiation science and this conference is the perfect opportunity to suss out the radiography profession and to find out if job prospects are any better than in radiation therapy. Yay, I'm so excited to be going.

Halo Infinity
09-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Playing video games with friends. Even if I can only seem to do it at parties, I still love it. I don't think I'd ever outgrow that. :)

And well, just doing what I want to do.

Halo Infinity
09-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Seeing people under 25 settling down and getting their shit together. I just find that to be very comforting and inspiring, as it seems like a great way to start life. :)

Sarah K
09-04-2014, 12:08 AM
My friend called me tonight, and is probably going to come out here over Thanksgiving. I haven't had any visitors since I've been here! I saw my mom in January when she was in Jersey for business. But nobody has come to see me yet, and it's been almost a year!

She was going to come here on my birthday, but I'll be out of town. I really, really hope that it works out! It would be so awesome to have someone come visit.

allegro
09-04-2014, 01:51 AM
Okay, so this could technically be a sign of the apocalypse but ... I somehow scored 22nd row tix for GARTH BROOKS on Friday for his final (11th) 10:30 pm show for $65 each (wtf) and I am actually pretty excited about this, lol.

See this: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-garth-brooks-chicago-20140725-story.html

I didn't even know he was touring, but G came home from work and said "did you hear that Garth Brooks sold out TEN fucking shows at the Allstate?" And I said Garth Brooks is touring??? He said yeah, and another 11th show is going on sale. So I got on the computer, found the new date, 10:30 show? Wtf. 22nd row? Even bigger wtf. So now we're seeing Garth Brooks.

slave2thewage
09-04-2014, 03:32 AM
Well, Garth needs to make money after that hilarious Dublin fiasco.

Also, I had my first really hot sex dream in a while. If only the guy in it was real...

Lew
09-04-2014, 09:00 AM
http://youtu.be/5ldjy_yRLio

a time machine, a working cock and the perfect pick up line ;p

allegro
09-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Well, Garth needs to make money after that hilarious Dublin fiasco..
Yeah well looks like the city councel fucked that one up. He keeps the ticket prices the same low price for all tix, and the Ticketmaster service charge was only $2.50 per ticket. But he does all the shows at once and leaves, he can't "come back and do the other 2 shows" as the city councel suggested. Oh well. The guy hasn't toured in 18 years so this should be interesting.

aggroculture
09-04-2014, 10:34 AM
A good night's sleep after two weeks of being woken up almost every night by teething toddler really can make you feel good about life again.
Now off to yoga!

Halo Infinity
09-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Seeing threads on even the most hated/disliked bands do a lot better on this ETS. It's also yet another thing that makes lurking on ETS a lot more fun this time around. I just thought that I'd put that out there. :)

Halo Infinity
09-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Having my fingernails clipped prior to typing.

Coffee and soda. I'd actually like to have more of that stuff more than usual right now too. (Even if I still should cut down on those drinks a bit.) :p

And chocolate in general, with the exception of going OD on that stuff too.

elevenism
09-06-2014, 12:33 PM
when it's all said and done, we will have been in this beautiful hotel i love so much for a fucking MONTH.
Our room opens directly to the indoor atrium garden and we are literally steps away from the heated pool and hot tub.

Okay, allegro , i feel like a TFB now.

Swykk
09-06-2014, 01:25 PM
The local orchard opened today so I went and got a caramel apple pie, which I cut up , freezing the rest and thawing a piece at a time per week. I'm starting to allow myself a cheat here and there on my new fatty liver diet. Also got some of their delicious honey. The Honeycrisp apples aren't out yet but I'll go get some of those too.
It's the initial signal that Fall is coming. My favorite season.

Halo Infinity
09-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Whenever I'm really in the right mood for it, listening to Michael Jackson and Depeche Mode. It's very uplifting. :)

elevenism
09-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Whenever I'm really in the right mood for it, listening to Michael Jackson and Depeche Mode. It's very uplifting. :)

oh, hell yes.
i let go of the stigma of liking "pop" music several years ago.
I have 2 MJ t shirts.

october_midnight
09-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Realizing our mortgage is only going to be $1400/month, giving us more than enough saved up to start shopping for our second car tonight!

thelastdisciple
09-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Seeing your video submission appear in one of your favorite artists Q&A videos on Youtube! (im the punisher payne dood)

http://youtu.be/ETkKZ_FXr3g

That really cheers me right up! :D

Joy Prevention Hotline
09-10-2014, 05:08 PM
With today's jury duty canceled (woo!) I've got a whole day to catch up on everything I missed yesterday.

millionmilesaway
09-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Climbing more mountains, took a solo trip to Ben Nevis (tallest in British Isles) and climbed it two days in a row. It was a nice getaway before my first round of exams which I may not be ready for...
Also joined the Mountaineering club at school so I get access to the club equipment room which has basically everything camping and climbing related. yay for adventure
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10659171_10202908941664166_2558833621062077864_n.j pg?oh=be4acdcdce19ad60c5e2c9ccc996eaaa&oe=54A01D3F
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10614364_10202909079707617_7519817596024003962_n.j pg?oh=75b910c14a649f5c2b8fda37b84b32f7&oe=54A385F8

Fractal04
09-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Guy at the gym today asked me as I was leaving, "Not going to go for another two hours?" I laughed. That could have been a hurtful comment, but he pulled it off. Made me smile. :)

Halo Infinity
09-11-2014, 12:13 AM
Seeing this PSA from Fox Kids. I seriously need to do this more often, or as much as possible anyway. It has also managed to cheer me up, as I was also feeling a bit down again. I was also reminded as to how calming down and cheering up always seems to go hand in hand for somebody like me too. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrDV5Pw5Ny8

elevenism
09-11-2014, 07:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bF7qRv1.jpg

this is the view from the door of the room of the hotel.
we've been there 3 weeks (i think) going on a month, because my mother and i are both having medical procedures.

good GOD i love being there. i spent a LOT of time there as a child so the memories are lovely.

anyway, i just thought i would show you guys a pic of what i've been yammering about.

i am here feeding and watering the cats (we live 80 miles north of amarillo,) and am about to head back.

Sarah K
09-11-2014, 10:57 PM
A night out, watching football with a good friend, and bullshitting. I needed that more than anything in the world right now. Even if my team lost. He doesn't watch football, and still humored me. That's love. Haha.

Rubeninphoenix
09-11-2014, 11:30 PM
Getting a new shirt in the mail. The long sleeve shirt from this tour with the 3D looking print. It’s very nice looking.

Sarah K
09-11-2014, 11:35 PM
Getting a new shirt in the mail. The long sleeve shirt from this tour with the 3D looking print. It’s very nice looking.

fffuuu~

I AM SO JEALOUS

Rubeninphoenix
09-11-2014, 11:44 PM

fffuuu~

I AM SO JEALOUSThanks (I suppose?)! I asked someone to pick one up for me at one of the California stops since I didn’t get one in Vegas. The Nine Inch Nails fan community: Kind badasses for the most part.

Swykk
09-12-2014, 02:41 PM
The prettiest lady I've ever seen, Jewel Staite, is going to be at a con in Indy the first weekend of October. I'm nerding out because Firefly/Serenity plus as aforementioned, soooo beautiful!

Giddy dumbstruck picture to follow...but I will try hard to act like an adult and not a shy doofy lummox.

slave2thewage
09-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Ian Paisley is dead. I'm going to have a large bourbon to celebrate.

tony.parente
09-12-2014, 02:56 PM
Ian Paisley is dead. I'm going to have a large bourbon to celebrate.
I had to look him up, what a fuckbag that guy was.

"Paisley's campaign sought to prevent the extension to Northern Ireland of the Sexual Offences Act 1967, which had decriminalised homosexual acts between males over 21 years of age in England and Wales."

slave2thewage
09-12-2014, 03:04 PM
He was an awful man in general. Xenophobic, homophobic, sectarian scum that basically murdered hundreds with his rhetoric.

tony.parente
09-12-2014, 03:13 PM
There's no room on this earth for hate like that.
But he's dead now, so that's a good thing. ��

allegro
09-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Jibo (http://www.myjibo.com/). Actually, I'm not sure if I should be cheered up or creeped out.

icecream
09-13-2014, 12:13 AM
Wore my PHM shirt to take my passport photo. In the pic they gave me you can read Nine Inch Nails on the front. Made me chuckle.

tony.parente
09-13-2014, 05:48 AM
Adding people on Facebook with my same name and then just hiding them for the only purpose of wishing each other happy birthdays when that time of year comes around.

Swykk
09-13-2014, 08:42 PM
Tried a new Mediterranean place for dinner and ate the best falafel I've ever had.

aggroculture
09-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Apologies in advance for the vulgarity, but what cheers me up is a good shit. Constipation is the bane of my existence so when I eat a lot of fiber and take a good shit, I feel on top of the world.
That doctor who told me that lots of fiber is the best thing for you is a wise man.

Rubeninphoenix
09-14-2014, 08:14 PM
Today’s thing that cheered me up: I went and tried both bikes I was looking at and I think I’ve made my decision on which one I’m gonna get.

Halo Infinity
09-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Being organized and punctual. I still need to work on both of them though, but I've always noticed that my mind is a lot more at ease whenever everything is neatly stored away, with everything else happening and getting done in a timely fashion. It just gives me a sense of purpose, comfort and certainty. It also reminds me why I became a neat freak to start with.

Oh yes, and having ASMR. It still sometimes works wonders when it comes to clearing my mind as I end up thinking about far too many things at once.

Millionaire
09-18-2014, 10:59 AM
Theres this asshole at work I can't stand, a condescending Jersey Shore reject, who just played basketball with us for the first time, and I fucking destroyed him. Revenge(legal and frivolous, but revenge nether less) is the sweetest nectar of the fruits of life.

Halo Infinity
09-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Theres this asshole at work I can't stand, a condescending Jersey Shore reject, who just played basketball with us for the first time, and I fucking destroyed him. Revenge(legal and frivolous, but revenge nether less) is the sweetest nectar of the fruits of life.

As bad, stupid and crazy as this would sound to some people, I don't think I'd ever be completely above that even though self-defense (Including verbal self-defense that is.) is a far better motive. There's just something so tempting, satisfying and pleasurable about that. ;)

And well, at least you didn't get into any trouble, and actually won. :)

Oh, and to add to the topic, iced coffee yet again. I'm craving it right now, as it still manages to perk me right up. :D

elevenism
09-18-2014, 01:19 PM
so they are having a western swing festival at the hotel where i am staying.
i brought my guitar down and the people assumed i was there for the festival.
they asked me on stage because they were short a guitar player, and i wound up faking a whole set.
it was fucking hilarious. i didn't know a single song, but i followed along and played lead.
when i walked off stage i got a fucking standing ovation.
the room was packed, and it was the biggest crowd i've ever played for.
they even let me do one of my (two) country songs.
the whole thing was pretty fucking surreal.

BenBaker
09-18-2014, 02:41 PM
Every friday 5 PM. Is there a better moment than that? Weekend, baby :D

Pillfred
09-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Apologies in advance for the vulgarity, but what cheers me up is a good shit. Constipation is the bane of my existence so when I eat a lot of fiber and take a good shit, I feel on top of the world.
That doctor who told me that lots of fiber is the best thing for you is a wise man.

This! As fucked up as my digestive track can seem to be a good solid single wipe poop is about the best thing my aging ass can hope for.

The local library for many reasons, the little coffee shop has great coffee, books abound, free internets and mostly people who, while here at least, STFU and mind their own business. Did i mention the internets here are really fast. Seriously though the quiet chatter i do hear and the general solitude amongst others i find very relaxing. I could say the same about coffee shops but sometimes loud mouth twats ruin it for me.

Oh! Also my impending paycheck from work monday. My first in a month since i quit my last job. Not sure how much it will be but it has to be better than the 10$ a day budget I've been rocking for the last couple weeks.

Halo Infinity
09-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Every friday 5 PM. Is there a better moment than that? Weekend, baby :D
I'd say either Saturday afternoon and/or Saturday night. :)

Marie
09-19-2014, 01:00 AM
Somebody making me laugh really hard at work yesterday (she was trying to gross me out with toilet humour). The comic timing was brilliant. I laughed on and off all the way home.

elevenism
09-19-2014, 09:06 AM
a good solid single wipe poop is about the best thing my aging ass can hope for.

This.
Your way with words cracked me up this morning

Sarah K
09-19-2014, 09:53 AM
So, yesterday, the guys in the building across from ours were reinforcing their roof. They were done with what they could do, and were waiting for a welder to come. Then, at like 4:00 in the afternoon, the welder called and canceled. They came over here to bitch. I told them that I could weld - that I'm not certified, but I'm good at it. And they were basically like LOL HAHA UR A GIRLOLOLOL. I explained to them that I had taken MULTIPLE welding classes in college, and that I was plenty capable(I also REALLY like welding for some reason. I'm not sure why).

This morning, they were back over here, and we had the same conversation again, only this time my boss was here. He also confirmed that I could weld. After more LOLGIRL shit, they finally gave in and let me do it. It was like the easiest shit of all time, so I'm unsure of why they would HIRE someone for such a job, instead of just doing it themselves. When I was done I was like NOW WHAT?! They just kind of stood there while my boss lol'd.

What a bunch of dicks. I love it when people doubt my capabilities because I'm a GIRL - WHICH HAPPENS A LOT IN THIS FIELD, and then I am given an opportunity to prove them wrong. <3

elevenism
09-20-2014, 12:23 PM
it's official...i'm getting this as a reward for taking care of my mother throughout her medical procedures and recovery these past 3.5 weeks. Digital 24 track with sampler, sequencer, drum machine, DAW controller....
Album coming soon. FINALLY! The track i have posted here was recorded in about 99. The technology to achieve the sound i wanted just didn't exist in a reasonable price range for me back then. And shit, i recorded that one in the studio, so some of it didn't exist in THEIR price range.

- 8 tracks simultaneous recording, 24 tracks playback
- 8 line/mic inputs -- 1 with Hi-Z input, 6 with phantom power
- On-board pair of omnidirectional condenser microphones
- 9 faders with 4-segment LED level meters
- 330 effects patches, plus on-board tuner -- great for guitarists
- 24-voice sampler with trim and time-stretch editing
- Drum machine with 10 kits and 8 velocity-sensitive pads
- 8-in/2-out USB audio interface, up to 96 kHz at 24-bit resolution
- Control surface for many DAW software packages
- Cubase LE 5 included
- Supports SD cards up to 32 GB
- Synchronize two R24s via USB for 16 simultaneous tracks

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ZOMR24

Joy Prevention Hotline
09-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Age may have slowed him down, but Walter Becker is still weird. :)

Halo Infinity
09-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Discounts or simply receiving more change than I should. Finding random spare change around the house also still cheers me up, but I'm sure that's obviously normal and timeless as far as a little thing cheering people up can go. :)

Lew
09-22-2014, 01:41 PM
voltemand.

allegro
09-23-2014, 08:16 AM
Age may have slowed him down, but Walter Becker is still weird. :)
HA ha ha yes he is. He's still hilarious live, too!

Marie
09-23-2014, 11:58 AM
Planning to go to a gig with my best friend and getting excited about the tickets going on sale. :)

dlb
09-23-2014, 12:08 PM
copy of a

whenever I feel unmotivated I blast a live video of this on youtube and feel inspired the very next minute.

DF118
09-24-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm on vacation on Thursday and Friday. Following my stupidly busy schedule, and recent nerve disease diagnosis, I am so fucking glad I'm on vacation on Thursday and Friday.

Ryan
09-25-2014, 06:05 AM
My fiancee and I are taking our daughter to her 6 week old doctor's appointment tomorrow for follow up injections and a general checkup. Time flies!

nothing8
09-25-2014, 06:25 AM
Feels like I'm making progress at work, finally feeling confident in what I'm doing now. Feels good.

icklekitty
09-25-2014, 06:33 AM
I'm on vacation on Thursday and Friday. Following my stupidly busy schedule, and recent nerve disease diagnosis, I am so fucking glad I'm on vacation on Thursday and Friday.

*holiday*.

Pillfred
09-25-2014, 10:51 AM
It's Pizza Day!

DF118
09-25-2014, 11:37 AM
*holiday*.

I'm all American these days.

johnhenry
09-25-2014, 12:27 PM
My wife, saying this just now after I sent her the NPR link to the Gone Girl stream:

"lately when I see a photo of TR my brain tries to figure out which Baldwin he is"

Sarah K
09-25-2014, 04:37 PM
That guy in the Gone Girl thread freaking out has been hilarious.

slave2thewage
09-25-2014, 05:39 PM
Being wrapped up in bed on windy nights. Mmmm.

The_Prowler
09-25-2014, 05:52 PM
Being wrapped up in bed on windy nights. Mmmm.
Being wrapped up tight like a burrito in multiple blankets in the winter.

Joy Prevention Hotline
09-25-2014, 08:37 PM
HA ha ha yes he is. He's still hilarious live, too!
Exactly — just saw Steely Dan last week. (And they played Home at Last, giving me another reason to be cheerful.)

Millionaire
09-26-2014, 02:57 AM
Got into a number of good conversations with different people in the last couple days and just realized I had more friends than I thought I had.

Marie
09-26-2014, 12:07 PM
Ringing home from work and speaking to my boyfriend whilst noticing that he's listening to my NIN cds in the background (he is adamant to my face that he 'isn't into that sort of thing'). Rumbled!

Halo Infinity
09-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Being able to catch any sleep whenever I'm thinking too much. Sometimes sleep really is the answer to that.

Marie
09-26-2014, 01:11 PM
I do the same, it's the only way to switch off!

scotty79
09-27-2014, 03:35 AM
It's my wedding reception tonight, should be a good night as long as there's no dramas, I need to do a short speech and haven't prepared anything so will just need to wing it

Eos
09-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Putting on a piece of clothing that was once kinda snug and finding it fits. [emoji4]

theruiner
09-27-2014, 04:56 PM
I just had a nice lunch, am sitting down relaxing and watching some TV, it's pouring rain and I have a trans support group later tonight. This is a pretty damn nice Saturday.

Halo Infinity
09-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Listening to Wesley Willis. It's actually been quite a while since I've listened to him, but it certainly didn't take me long to remember why I enjoyed his music as soon as I started listening to him again. :)

Eos
09-29-2014, 10:51 AM
Free coffee on a day when I'm flat broke. Thank goodness for National Coffee Day.

Deadpool
09-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Not "little" necessarily, but it sure as hell cheers me up:

The new music video for The Rosebuds (buddies w/ Bon Iver) finally went live today, and I had the privilege of starring in it, and working with my best friends throughout the entirety of making it. :)

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/av/2014/09/video-premiere-the-rosebuds---blue-eyes.html

Halo Infinity
09-29-2014, 09:28 PM
@jezstyle (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=260) @kleiner352 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4417) @Charmingly Miserable (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3645) marodi - This video at the moment. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7LBggDKEtM

Ryan
09-29-2014, 11:23 PM
My fiancé bought me an iPhone 6 Plus for my birthday!

Dra508
09-30-2014, 11:32 AM
My fiancé bought me an iPhone 6 Plus for my birthday!Don't let the kid drool on it.

Lew
09-30-2014, 01:21 PM
my youngest is 7 today. :) happy birthday, to a bright and mouthy little dude. here's to heading into your sacral stage. ;p

Halo Infinity
10-01-2014, 12:21 PM
The Random Stupidity thread. That's pretty much self-explanatory. :p

Swykk
10-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Scored tickets to see Harmontown, both the documentary and podcast, on November 1st!

Aywok
10-02-2014, 03:51 AM
My Sennheiser Momentum headphones are on the way and should be here by the end of today. After receiving nothing for my 30th birthday, I thought I'd treat myself, heh.

Now I'll have the HD25, Amperior, Momentum (over-ear), and Momentum (on-ear) for my "portable" pleasure!

Marie
10-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Laughter and a surprise visit from my Mum.

tony.parente
10-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Everything about Sarah K http://i.imgur.com/Wr7Z3cr.jpg

Sarah K
10-03-2014, 12:05 AM
Tony and Sarah. Terrorizing the Internet since July.

Baphomette
10-03-2014, 12:08 AM
When your check is finally deposited and food is on its way. NOM NOM

tony.parente
10-03-2014, 12:09 AM
Tony and Sarah. Terrorizing the Internet since July.

Tony, getting all the facepalms since before I can remember.

ENJOY YOUR FACEPALM BUTTON.

orestes
10-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Hoodie weather is finally here!

Marie
10-04-2014, 11:19 AM
I'll second that, it's freezing over here and I love it!

Swykk
10-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Made the drive to Indianapolis this morning to meet Jewel Staite, who I adore. She's absolutely stunning in person and also very kind. Made my day!

Joy Prevention Hotline
10-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Lime popsicles. Even better than the lemon ones. :)

theruiner
10-04-2014, 11:46 PM
I had a really great and long conversation with one of my closest friends and now I'm ordering pizza so I don't have to cook tonight. Great, relaxing Saturday night at home. Couldn't ask for more.

tony.parente
10-05-2014, 01:15 AM
EDIT: Wrong thread lols

Throw_it_away9
10-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Not having anyone/thing to answer to all day.

The gf is outta town, the sun is out, got some fire Blue Dream. The Netflix queue and the beach sounds good.

Time to start the day with my David Lynch coffee.

Marie
10-05-2014, 12:56 PM
A full-on nap this afternoon. Doesn't happen often, but I do love sleep.

Halo Infinity
10-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Weddings and wedding receptions of friends and loved ones.

green
10-05-2014, 07:11 PM
After 13 years Aphex Twin has finally dropped another album.

Digital Twilight
10-06-2014, 05:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmX1V6_gukY

playwithfire
10-06-2014, 06:21 AM
nvm

Swykk
10-06-2014, 09:07 AM
A most triumphant weekend.

Sarah K
10-06-2014, 05:17 PM
My friend just brought me Wonton/Egg Drop soup, grapefruit juice, medicine, and Vick's scented Puffs.

Suck a dick, cold!

kel
10-06-2014, 06:49 PM
oh my god THAT SOUNDS SO FUCKING GOOD. i woke up achy and fevery. i just want to curl up with my dogs and sulk, but i'm at work until 9:00.

on topic (and related): sulking cheers me up. indulging in my misery and feeling totally sorry for myself cheers me up.

i guess. I JUST WANT SOME GODDAMN SOUP.

green
10-06-2014, 06:51 PM
The First Power is coming to blu ray NA for the first time, tomorrow. Don't know if you guys have nostalgia for older movies, but I'm a bit giddy about this.

Charmingly Miserable
10-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Finding out that I have a pretty decent credit score.

Halo Infinity
10-06-2014, 10:54 PM
on topic (and related): sulking cheers me up. indulging in my misery and feeling totally sorry for myself cheers me up.
I definitely know what that's like all too well. I end up feeling horrible, but it certainly helps me purge those emotions away as I'm usually forced to keep them all inside, and I at least find it to be realistic. Pretending to be happy just makes me feel even worse.

i guess. I JUST WANT SOME GODDAMN SOUP.
I could actually go for some soup too, now that you've mentioned it. :)

kel
10-06-2014, 11:44 PM
I definitely know what that's like all too well. I end up feeling horrible, but it certainly helps me purge those emotions away as I'm usually forced to keep them all inside, and I at least find it to be realistic. Pretending to be happy just makes me feel even worse.

I could actually go for some soup too, now that you've mentioned it. :)
hot and sour soup. the cheap americanized kind. GIMME.

has anyone ever tried p.f. chang's cheap americanized kind? BLEH.

on topic: a brand new pair of contacts, amirite?

Sarah K
10-06-2014, 11:48 PM
You gotta get in on this wonton/egg drop soup collab. It was great. I don't even like most soup when I'm feeling well. But when I'm sick, it's great.

Edit: It also needs like 4 packets of hot mustard.

Charmingly Miserable
10-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Heated salt. That sounds freaking amazing. I'm so fucking hungry right now.

somethingelse
10-07-2014, 06:12 AM
*this is a little things that piss me off post*

Next doors dog is still howling because their owners have not been home yet. This pisses me off because it's past seven o'clock which means they haven't even fed the poor little guy. GRRRRRRRRRRRR. I'm half tempted to throw a chop across the fence for him >.<

P.S. Also. Can the people who caused the lock down of the 'Little Things That Piss You Off' thread stop ruining it for the rest of us that would be awesome. Kthxbai.

tony.parente
10-07-2014, 03:51 PM
When the pre-workout kicks in.

Sarah K
10-07-2014, 04:01 PM
When the pre-workout kicks in.

Dude... What do you use? I used to take Jack3d ALL THE TIME. Both when I was serious about working out. And then like, I would even just drink some before going to work(I had to be to this job by 6:00). And then I would take caffeine pills. And then I would drink espresso all day at that job. I have an "uppers" problem.

tony.parente
10-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Dude... What do you use? I used to take Jack3d ALL THE TIME. Both when I was serious about working out. And then like, I would even just drink some before going to work(I had to be to this job by 6:00). And then I would take caffeine pills. And then I would drink espresso all day at that job. I have an "uppers" problem.

I used the shit out of jack3d before thr FDA made them pull the DMAA from it, the whole "it's an amphetamine that's killing people" thing got their attention I guess. Now I use C4 and LOVE IT.

Charmingly Miserable
10-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Sarah K Your "steak on your boobs" comment on FB made me laugh so hard in the car today. My daughter had to tell me to cut it out.

Lew
10-08-2014, 05:14 PM
going to whinge on the "little things that piss you off" thread. finding it closed. re evaluating whether or not my whinge is a valid way to vent (lttpyo: when the concept of missing someone of the opposite gender cannot be understood as what it is...missing someone.). and landing here to say the little thing that cheers me up is coming here. to ets. gods, folks, don't shut the bloody board down if things get fucktarded, ok? yeah. please thanks. lol. never a dull moment around these here parts, eh? <3 i love all of you. YOU all cheer me up, and that is not a little thing. thank you.
(errr..i am not being sarcastic or making light of some of the shenanigans that go down. just needed a lift, and got it in an odder way than anticipated. :)

Sarah K
10-08-2014, 10:45 PM
@Sarah K (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3236) Your "steak on your boobs" comment on FB made me laugh so hard in the car today. My daughter had to tell me to cut it out.

I'm hilarious. Like, I'll go back and read things that I typed the next day, and laugh because I say the dumbest/funniest shit. Glad that someone else is laughing with me :P

Leviathant
10-08-2014, 11:26 PM
I picked up a Coolermaster Quickfire TK keyboard. It's backlit, the keys are full-size, they're mechanical switches, and it combines the number pad and navigation keys in a way that I found to be pretty clever. The backlighting is white. The font is chunky, with a stylized A. It's such a nerdy thing to be happy about, but I'm really chuffed about getting this keyboard.

green
10-09-2014, 11:41 AM
The term cisgender is hilarious. A lot of those terms for gender are funny, though. What happened to Male and Female; straight and gay? Has it really come to the point where normal people have to redefine a word that literally has no (+/-) stigma attached to it? Makes me smile, don't know why.

Sarah K
10-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Gender isn't binary. It lies on a spectrum. Same with orientation.

playwithfire
10-09-2014, 12:05 PM
nvm

green
10-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Gender isn't binary. It lies on a spectrum. Same with orientation.
We're born either male or female, and on rare occasions intersex. It's only after we've become aware of our sexual confusion, that terms such as x,y,z gender are introduced as a coping mechanism. Oddly enough, to make these sexually confused people feel more normal, the very word they are trying to take away from us (normal). This doesn't make sense, though. It's only through mutations that our genetic code has allowed for black, white, brown, blue eyes, intelligence etc. So being labeled abnormal doesn't necessarily have a (+/-) stigma attached to it, either. Every link in our evolutionary (f you're atheist) chain, is literally an abnormality that works better.

Sarah K
10-09-2014, 12:10 PM
We're born either male or female, and on rare occasions intersex. It's only after we've become aware of our sexual confusion, that terms such as x,y,z gender are introduced as a coping mechanism. Oddly enough, to make these sexually confused people feel more normal, the very word they are trying to take away from us (normal). This doesn't make sense, though. It's only through mutations that our genetic code has allowed for black, white, brown, blue eyes, intelligence etc. So being labeled abnormal doesn't necessarily have a (+/-) stigma attached to it, either. Every link in our evolutionary (f you're atheist) chain, is literally an abnormality that works better.

Biological sex and gender identity are two very different things. Also, gender identity has nothing to do with "sexual confusion".

green
10-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Biological sex and gender identity are two very different things. Also, gender identity has nothing to do with "sexual confusion".
Orly?

Me: I was born a male and I'm into hot chicks = I'm a straight, normal male.
Super gender: I was born a male trapped in a female body, trapped in a bisexual transvestite = I'm a straight.. no wait, I'm a gay.. no no, hold on. Wait, what the hell am I?

Wouldn't it be easier and less offensive to normal people if this sexually confused people just admitted they're either male or female, straight of gay? Why aren't the cissy man's feelings considered in all this BS? That's a hurtful word, Sarah K. It's literally a reverse heterophobic jab, considering the word sissy.

orestes
10-09-2014, 12:23 PM
"Normal people"?

playwithfire
10-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Re that craziness above me: http://i.imgur.com/a4RjOXV.mp4

Imgur allowing mp4's cheers me up. ;)

Sarah K
10-09-2014, 12:25 PM
"Normal" isn't really a thing in all of this.

It's perfectly fine to identify yourself as a straight male. I identify as a straight female.

Can you explain why the gender identity and orientation of other people is seemingly a threat to you? You seem pretty obsessed with the topic.

This picture cheers me up because Biden is awesome and hilarious.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bzd_JAPCQAADdLe.jpg

green
10-09-2014, 12:29 PM
"Normal people"?
Yes, normal people.

playwithfire
10-09-2014, 12:30 PM
DIAMOND JOE <3 (http://www.theonion.com/articles/diamond-joe-biden-takes-over-onion-twitter-feed-du,29888/)

green
10-09-2014, 12:36 PM
CDC: Sexual orientation stats July 15, 2014 (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr077.pdf)
96.6% Straight
1.6% Gay
.07% Bi
1.1% Other

Normal:

adjective1.conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; notabnormal; regular; natural.

2.serving to establish a standard.

3.Psychology.

approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence,personality, or emotional adjustment.
free from any mental disorder; sane.

4.Biology, Medicine/Medical.

free from any infection or other form of disease or malformation, orfrom experimental therapy or manipulation.
of natural occurrence.

5.Mathematics.

being at right angles, as a line; perpendicular.
of the nature of or pertaining to a mathematical normal.
(of an orthogonal system of real functions) defined so that theintegral of the square of the absolute value of any function is 1.
(of a topological space) having the property that corresponding toevery pair of disjoint closed sets are two disjoint open sets, eachcontaining one of the closed sets.
(of a subgroup) having the property that the same set of elementsresults when all the elements of the subgroup are operated onconsistently on the left and consistently on the right by anyelement of the group; invariant.

6.Chemistry.

(of a solution) containing one equivalent weight of the constituentin question in one liter of solution.
pertaining to an aliphatic hydrocarbon having a straightunbranched carbon chain, each carbon atom of which is joined tono more than two other carbon atoms.
of or pertaining to a neutral salt in which any replaceable hydroxylgroups or hydrogen atoms have been replaced by other groups oratoms, as sodium sulfate, Na 2 SO 4.

noun7.the average or mean:Production may fall below normal.

8.the standard or type.

9.Mathematics.

a perpendicular line or plane, especially one perpendicular to atangent line of a curve, or a tangent plane of a surface, at thepoint of contact.
the portion of this perpendicular line included between its point ofcontact with the curve and the x- axis.

96.6% = Normal

playwithfire
10-09-2014, 12:44 PM
nvm

aggroculture
10-09-2014, 12:50 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4083/5055032357_69d1d1be72.jpg

Now, what cheers me up: making a quiche. I just made a quiche.

Swykk
10-09-2014, 12:51 PM
I think green discovered time travel and is coming to us from the year 1953.

playwithfire
10-09-2014, 12:53 PM
nvm

green
10-09-2014, 12:54 PM
I don't mind if you guys tease me but lets try to stay on topic, yeah? This thread isn't about my simple way of seeing the reality of other's insecurities, it's about the little things that make you happy. And troll memes are very juvenile, just so you know.

Sarah K
10-09-2014, 12:57 PM
How even though on this board we have our little fits of drama and passive aggressiveness... We all band together when someone is a shitty person.

Swykk
10-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Sexual orientation stats make you happy? Dogs make me happy. Ice cream makes me smile.

Sarah K
10-09-2014, 01:01 PM
And watching dude on dude porn.

I used to see a guy who was bi(sorry - I mean "not normal"), and I would get to watch him give blowjobs sometimes. Yes, yes.

http://media3.giphy.com/media/zgqa3dZVBScPS/200_s.gif

playwithfire
10-09-2014, 01:04 PM
nvm

playwithfire
10-09-2014, 01:07 PM
nvm

slave2thewage
10-09-2014, 01:24 PM
When guys send me dick pics on Grindr.

tony.parente
10-09-2014, 04:11 PM
This thread makes me happy.
good golly

Lew
10-09-2014, 07:18 PM
"the man with a chair for a hand" "the man who carries the walk sign" and "the ambitious load bearing wall" (my fave)...mushroom memories ftw! :) thanks, longhearse.

themethatyouknow
10-09-2014, 07:52 PM
I think green discovered time travel and is coming to us from the year 1953.

No, he just saw South Park last night.

theruiner
10-09-2014, 08:41 PM
No, he just saw South Park last night.And missed the point entirely.

Charmingly Miserable
10-09-2014, 10:36 PM
And watching dude on dude porn.

I used to see a guy who was bi(sorry - I mean "not normal"), and I would get to watch him give blowjobs sometimes. Yes, yes.

http://media3.giphy.com/media/zgqa3dZVBScPS/200_s.gif
So. Fucking. Jealous.

Dra508
10-09-2014, 11:09 PM
I don't mind if you guys tease me but lets try to stay on topic, yeah? This thread isn't about my simple way of seeing the reality of other's insecurities, it's about the little things that make you happy. And troll memes are very juvenile, just so you know.

Can someone IP check this dude? I smell something familiar.