PDA

View Full Version : House

october_midnight
02-08-2012, 05:56 PM
There was a thread before so I figured I'd start off the new version with some sad, but expected news.

FOX has announced this season of House will be the last. (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2012/02/foxs-house-will-end-after-this-season.html)

Good for them, go out while the show's still strong. For those that doubt it, watch this week's episode from two days ago. One of the best EVER. The episode blew me fuckin' away. Chase's attack and near paralysis will be a fantastic storyline to follow for the rest of the season.

carpenoctem
02-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Well that's no surprise. I've heard from longtime fans that the show fell off a couple years ago. I don't keep up to date with the newer episodes but I like to watch it in syndication on other channels. Anyway, by season eight usually every great show has descended far off its peak.

Piko
02-12-2012, 05:57 PM
The end was coming any day. The last few seasons weren't bad. They certainly lost their flare though. Hopefully, they end it right. Not some out from nowhere cop-out ending like Lost and Nip/Tuck. All amazing shows with such horrible endings.

redshoewearer
02-15-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm always an episode behind because I usually watch it on hulu - so I saw the episode you are talking about, October_Midnight - I agree it was a really good episode - it was dramatic and well put together as in earlier seasons. Some of the other episodes this season (and last) have become pretty formulaic, so this was good. Can't wait till I can see the latest episode from Monday, next week.

The only thing I can think of toward when it ends, is that House has never had a long lost child turn up has he? Pure speculation, but that could make for an interesting story.

dpeters
02-16-2012, 08:15 PM
The only thing I can think of toward when it ends, is that House has never had a long lost child turn up has he? Pure speculation, but that could make for an interesting story.

He has an evil twin whose tragic death helps him find god?

House: next on (jumping the) Shark Week.

Deepvoid
02-17-2012, 08:08 PM
This season has been solid so far. Not worried about how things will end.

fillow
05-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Holy crap! The last week's episode (The C-Word, #19) was hands down the best this season and one of the best overall.

Piko
05-21-2012, 09:08 PM
I was pretty skeptical on how they were going to end it. But it was pretty cool and well done.

wonder what he'll do when Wilson dies

october_midnight
05-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Yeah I'm happy with the ending too. Could've been waaaay more sappy, etc. etc. Gonna miss it for sure.

Piko
05-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Probably going to run through the older seasons soon. Going to miss the show as well. Running out of shows to watch...