Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    it wasn't so much "created" as modified artistically from a more standard font used these days in film design work, trajan pro

if you're in the field, using trajan in this way is probably a statement about its general overuse in modern design

http://www.veer.com/ideas/etched/
    Last edited by emptydesk; 02-04-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So this is shipping tomorrow right? I'm really hoping I don't get an e-mail telling me that there was a delay, although I'm quite expecting one.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    FUCK TOPSPIN.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm not surprised that they delayed it (hey, it's Topspin), but telling people ON THE DAY it's meant to ship?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'm not surprised that they delayed it (hey, it's Topspin), but telling people ON THE DAY it's meant to ship?
    That's what's really upsetting. This is the first time I've dealt with Topspin so I didn't actually expect the delay (yeah, silly me, I know), but this bullshit about emailing us the day it's supposed to ship is horrible. This was what I was looking forward to for weeks now.

Hopefully Rob will be able to tell us what happened with it now that the emails have been sent out. If he knows. Which I think he would, right?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Topspin does not manufacture the sets - they only sell and distribute them. I would assume that the fault lies with the company producing the sets and/or the designers of the sets. I'm sure we'll get info as to why sooner rather than later.

Honestly - I'm not surprised. We usually get teases or in-production shots a few weeks beforehand, so the fact that we've heard nothing about the sets had me thinking that they would be delayed. Oh well. I'm sure they'll still be just amazing the week of March 30th.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Of course it will, but the unprofessionalism in not at least implying there COULD be a delay is mad. Surely a week ago, they must've known they didn't have enough/any printed in time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rather have it delayed than have my order canceled, which was my first fear upon seeing this email this morning. And yeah, no updated artwork the day before shipping = trouble...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Relaaaaax, my CD preorder was delayed 3 weeks and hasn't arrived yet :-|

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    my razor blade flash

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Holy crap, a NIN-related release has been delayed?

Admittedly, it's a bit different, given that they did pre-sales, but back when I had long hair, every NIN release got an official release date, and then at least one delay. I even had a "Things Falling Apart" promo poster with the original release date on it. Pretty sure I sold that off years ago though. Having the release pushed back a month or two had always been par for the course. Y'all are just spoiled.

Definitely sucks though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    yeah, not surprised about the vinyl delay at all! still don't understand why they haven't shipped the CD (which i could have gotten from amazon.com ages ago). kind of wondering how that company stays in business if they suck so much at this.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Godammit! I still haven't even gotten the email yet, either. So if it wasn't for The Hotline I would just be assuming it was currently on it's way.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Well, at least this way the vinyl shipping will almost sync up with the release of the Dragon Tattoo blu-ray on March 20th. Also, by then, I may have moved on to other albums, so the score may feel even more fresh.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    it's most definitely not the fault of topspin that production was delayed, but they could have handled letting us know a bit more professionally. also, i'm a little irked that they had sent me an e-mail at the beginning of january letting me know that my CD (which i ordered with the LE box) would ship separately from the box on january 16th still hasn't actually shipped. : /

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    the email said it had pics attached of a rendering, is it the same as one as on the site?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, at least we've been able to listen to the music for 2 months now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    the email said it had pics attached of a rendering, is it the same as one as on the site?
    No, it's different, new pic on the hotline.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Looks like I'll need to change my address with Topspin for delivery, might be moving next month. Hopefully this won't be a huge pain in the ass. At this point I'd rather just get a refund, as I'm not that interested in it anymore, but the fine print apparently doesn't allow for you to cancel your order.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sheepdean, thanks so much for the heads up on the interview...

Nice little read, as always I wish it was a bit longer.
    I would love to see video of them filling those piano beds with clothespins, nails, etc...
    See that whole process. It sounds amazing...ahh to be a fly on the wall with those two in the studio.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Delayed. Damn, I knew it was coming 'soon'.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Interesting that Tubular Bells was mentioned as a source of inspiration. One more for prog rock

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tubular Bells is one of my favourite albums, so that was cool to see (although I don't hear much of a connection).

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I don't either, honestly. Still nice to know it was a frame of reference for Fincher, who seems to have a pretty wide-ranging taste in music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    Thanks for posting this here.
    It looks amazing, what can be done to create different tones.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    http://www.movies.com/movie-news/loo...kttwitterTried

Full, or at least semi-full list of the features on the BD for the film. Notable that there's commentary for the title sequence, might get some TRAR there. Other than that, not clear if there'll be anything in-studio for the score, but the titles are vague.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Wait, what? The US only gets the Fincher commentary, but the UK gets a jam packed special edition?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah, seriously! WHAT THE FUCK!?