Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I didn't have to pay any customs down here.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Customs charges in the UK are different to those in Australia, this is why. Something Topspin should know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd be surprised if they didn't.

I really wish the problems with Mute had been sorted out none of us in the UK at least would have had to deal with this rip-off extra charge. Pretty sure if I'm reading this invoice right no one else in the EU would have been charged either.

Paid for it. This deluxe set needs to make it worth it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I had to fork out £45 for customs fees also. Parcelforce should be delivering this on Monday. Looking forward to the package and forgetting this whole debacle

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I wonder if all of this is going to affect whether Trent wants to continue with the concept of Deluxe packages beyond The Fragile (whenever that happens.) Non-US orders were a disaster the first couple days, a two and a half month delay of shipping that resulted in a staggered rollout delaying shipping even further, misprints of all kinds all over the place, and now obnoxious customs charges. Not to mention the packages didn't even sell out even six months after orders opened up, as well as people cancelling their orders. Damn.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I wonder if all of this is going to affect whether Trent wants to continue with the concept of Deluxe packages beyond The Fragile (whenever that happens.) Non-US orders were a disaster the first couple days, a two and a half month delay of shipping that resulted in a staggered rollout delaying shipping even further, misprints of all kinds all over the place, and now obnoxious customs charges. Not to mention the packages didn't even sell out even six months after orders opened up, as well as people cancelling their orders. Damn.
    Yeah, I wonder that too. The current format was certainly ill-advised - I'm a rabid NIN fan, theoretically the target consumer, but as I don't have a record player the Dragon Tattoo deluxe wasn't something to aspire to. I'm not surprised they (as far as I know) didn't sell the whole run.

Reign the price in by at least two thirds, and just have it add the USB razor, containing multitracks for the full album and maybe a little making-of documentary, and they could get away with a less ambitious packaging design and probably sell several times as many as they did.
    Most deluxe albums these days just add around £5 to the price and tag a few bonus tracks on the end, with an alternate set of cover art...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    The current format was certainly ill-advised - I'm a rabid NIN fan, theoretically the target consumer, but as I don't have a record player the Dragon Tattoo deluxe wasn't something to aspire to. I'm not surprised they (as far as I know) didn't sell the whole run.
    Remember how fast Ghosts sold out, though, when nobody had even heard the music. So there's a market for these deluxe sets. Unfortunately TGWTDT seemed plagued by unfortunate setbacks, and when you look at Final Destiny's summation it does seem pretty bleak.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For what its worth, I thought I would share my experience.
    Bought the package from the nullco UK site at the start of January. Selected trackable shipping.
    When it was dispatched received the email explaining so. Didnt receive a tracking number so couldn't actually track it.
    It arrived within 5 days. Delivered by UKMail. Had to sign for it.
    No customs charges.

It seems really odd that there was such a wide variety of shipping methods and couriers used.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunn13 View Post
    For what its worth, I thought I would share my experience.
    Bought the package from the nullco UK site at the start of January. Selected trackable shipping.
    When it was dispatched received the email explaining so. Didnt receive a tracking number so couldn't actually track it.
    It arrived within 5 days. Delivered by UKMail. Had to sign for it.
    No customs charges.

It seems really odd that there was such a wide variety of shipping methods and couriers used.
    See, and then there're things like this, making the issues wildly inconsistent. It's ridiculous.

Though tbh I still sorta wish I didn't have to cancel my order. Dat usb drive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkman2K5 View Post
    I got my package in the mail today but its not numbered, they completely left the plate off, and its not loose in the box. Don't know how that could have slipped through the cracks. I sent them an email, waiting on a response now. No problems with the USB drive at least.
    So after some emails with Topsin, they apparently went ahead and sent me ANOTHER set to make up for this. I didn't even ask for a replacement, I just told them what happened and sent them some pictures of the box so they could see exactly what I was talking about. I'm honestly amazed that they would just go ahead and send me a second set as a replacement. I have a tracking number for the shipment that says it should be here on the 24th.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So after some emails with Topsin, they apparently went ahead and sent me ANOTHER set to make up for this. I didn't even ask for a replacement, I just told them what happened and sent them some pictures of the box so they could see exactly what I was talking about. I'm honestly amazed that they would just go ahead and send me a second set as a replacement. I have a tracking number for the shipment that says it should be here on the 24th.
    They really fucked up with this release for some clients.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Okay, small question: why is David Fincher listed as a producer for Immigrant Song and Is Your Love Strong Enough? Is it because he had the ideas? I doubt he did anything musically. Did he?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Okay, small question: why is David Fincher listed as a producer for Immigrant Song and Is Your Love Strong Enough? Is it because he had the ideas? I doubt he did anything musically. Did he?
    It's probably because it was his idea for both covers, nothing more.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    My set arrived last week, and is fucking gorgeous. Number 0484/3000.

Unfortunately, after trying on various computers, it's clear my USB drive doesn't work. Only one computer recognized it and the drive was still inaccessible. Contacted TopSpin last night and I await word on how it might be fixed. Fingers crossed.

Nonetheless, the set is still gorgeous, was worth (the ridiculous) wait, and I look forward to actually sitting down and enjoying the vinyl when I have the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    They really fucked up with this release for some clients.
    Yeah, its really unfortunate that all of this happened on top of the delays, but it looks like they are trying to make amends (at least in my case.) I don't know if any here ordered the re-issue of Siamese Dream and Gish from The Smashing Pumpkins, but the orders for those also went through Topspin, and many of the people who made orders did not get them until nearly a month after the albums were released. Those who ordered from amazon or went to Best Buy to pick up a copy got them much sooner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Am I the only dork who hasn't opened the set out of its shrinkwrap to check the signatures and vinyl and USB razor?...I've been so damn busy with work and feeling generally lazy at home. That's my excuse. Ha!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yeah, its really unfortunate that all of this happened on top of the delays, but it looks like they are trying to make amends (at least in my case.) I don't know if any here ordered the re-issue of Siamese Dream and Gish from The Smashing Pumpkins, but the orders for those also went through Topspin, and many of the people who made orders did not get them until nearly a month after the albums were released. Those who ordered from amazon or went to Best Buy to pick up a copy got them much sooner.
    People who suffered delays with the SP reissues got sent a gift later on, though. Some rare flexidisc thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Frankly, with what many of you are saying about the idea of a Deluxe packaging, I do kind of agree. I am a huge fan of listening to my music on Vinyl and don't buy CDs (and 9/10 times with the artists I listen to a digital version is included some way in the record set). This set is seriously awesome, but as a teacher it cut into the budget a little deep this time around. I'm not sure what many of you bought the set for, but I can tell you I bought it to listen to, not just set it on a coffee table for friends and family to admire how pretty it was. I wasn't able to afford the Ghosts set at the time, but I was just as pleased with the normal double fold album you could eventually buy without all the whistles and bells. I really hope in the future that Trent and co. will accommodate those who enjoy Vinyl, but don't want to fork over the cash for the premium package. I think offering the deluxe version is great, but offering something a tad more standard on Vinyl would make me a happy camper.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    My set arrived last week, and is fucking gorgeous. Number 0484/3000.

Unfortunately, after trying on various computers, it's clear my USB drive doesn't work. Only one computer recognized it and the drive was still inaccessible. Contacted TopSpin last night and I await word on how it might be fixed. Fingers crossed.

Nonetheless, the set is still gorgeous, was worth (the ridiculous) wait, and I look forward to actually sitting down and enjoying the vinyl when I have the time.
    How come so many people are having issues with the USBs?

Works fine on my PC. Contents are in there and are displayed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    #1507/3000 finally!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo_0788 View Post
    Frankly, with what many of you are saying about the idea of a Deluxe packaging, I do kind of agree. I am a huge fan of listening to my music on Vinyl and don't buy CDs (and 9/10 times with the artists I listen to a digital version is included some way in the record set). This set is seriously awesome, but as a teacher it cut into the budget a little deep this time around. I'm not sure what many of you bought the set for, but I can tell you I bought it to listen to, not just set it on a coffee table for friends and family to admire how pretty it was. I wasn't able to afford the Ghosts set at the time, but I was just as pleased with the normal double fold album you could eventually buy without all the whistles and bells. I really hope in the future that Trent and co. will accommodate those who enjoy Vinyl, but don't want to fork over the cash for the premium package. I think offering the deluxe version is great, but offering something a tad more standard on Vinyl would make me a happy camper.
    Wouldn't the manufacturing cost for a six-vinyl set drive the price way up, though?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It finally arrived today, nearly missed the delivery. Heard them putting the leaflet through the letter box saying it was being left at the post office and I ran out and caught them just as they were driving away.

It's number 1112. Haven't really got a chance to look at it yet but already it's made me think all the waiting was worth it, what little I've seen of it is fantastically beautiful.

USB works fine for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wouldn't the manufacturing cost for a six-vinyl set drive the price way up, though?
    Well I'm not 100% on how manufacturing and business in general for production works, but if that were the case then the standard Ghosts record I own would've been way more than the $40 I spent on it (considering both the super deluxe and the normal vinyl set contained the same amount of discs record wise). In no way do I suggest putting this out as a $20 record set, but I remember ordering it after reading Trent's post about a six Vinyl set and already expected to drop $75 for it (that obviously didn't go as planned lol). Really all I'm saying is keep it open like Ghosts was. The options for that were (in my opinion) perfect because it hit every kind of fan from those interested in something super simple, a CD set, a satisfactory record set, or just every possible thing in one package.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    People who suffered delays with the SP reissues got sent a gift later on, though. Some rare flexidisc thing.
    I was one of those affected by the delays, and they did indeed send a free gift to those who ordered through Topsin. Its a flexidisc that they manufactured solely to make amends for fiasco. I will say this about Topspin, so far, at least in my case, they have really gone the extra mile to patch things up when they make a mistake.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    Am I the only dork who hasn't opened the set out of its shrinkwrap to check the signatures and vinyl and USB razor?...I've been so damn busy with work and feeling generally lazy at home. That's my excuse. Ha!
    i got mine a couple of weeks ago and i opened it up, looked at it real quick and put it away. between work, expecting my son who is due to be born in the next few weeks and doing a master bathroom renovation, i haven't had time to sit down and fully enjoy it.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    stupid question : French Bluray is finally released today, Trent isn't in the bonus ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    stupid question : French Bluray is finally released today, Trent isn't in the bonus ?
    TR+AR didn't have time to be on the Blu Ray or DVD, there's no footage period, sadly.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    How come so many people are having issues with the USBs?

Works fine on my PC. Contents are in there and are displayed.
    I'm guessing if we knew the answer to that, we wouldn't be having any issues.

No progress from TopSpin, though they've replied. They said they need to get in touch with the manufacturer. We'll see what happens. I'd be happy to just get the content somehow, I don't actually need a new razorblade. I'm happy to have it be awesome-looking and non-working.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I bought my boxes for the vinyls
    My vinyls (from the UK order) sound on several tracks like shit. I dropped a complaint! Getting tired of this...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The vinyls from your UK orders sound different than the vinyls from your U.S. order?

VVV Oh, how well I know.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 05-25-2012 at 08:09 AM.