Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Introduction Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello.
    I think the best way to introduce myself is http://flavors.me/annabo ; or if you're eager to hear me sing go http://soundcloud.com/anna_bo
    And that's not self-promotion, just a quicker way to do it, and you'll get more impressions of who I am/ what I do.
    NIN-fan since ~1999.

x

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I was wondering why this thread was suddenly the most popular place in the intertubes until I went to the Hotline... Typical, people have to be bribed to come here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    perhaps, but I wouldn't have done that (introducing in a forum) otherwise, so you never know... x

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    I was wondering why this thread was suddenly the most popular place in the intertubes until I went to the Hotline... Typical, people have to be bribed to come here...

I already like them better than the ARG lot, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New guy here. Used to lurk at the old ETS. Don't remember if I ever signed up or if it was another forum that I was on. Glad the forum is back though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hello. Nice to meet you all.

I have two pet dolphins. I collect Gorgoneion vases and I'm a left-leaning Republican (due to being born with talipes equinovarus).

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Y'all know me but I dont think I ever intro'd myself here.

I like free stuff and this is pretty much why I'm posting here Gimme gimme gimme!

-TIMP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello. I'm new here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all, my nick is the same as it was on the original ETS board.

As you might recall, I translated the Colombian woman's dialogue at the onset of the YZ ARG.

I was a lurker when the original site went live, and joined in spring of 2005. I had not posted for a bit due to my time being eaten up by school/work. I hope to become a regular again.

* I would really, REALLY appreciate another ARG, as it was so much fun the first time around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, I'm Stuart, and beside me is my wife Lea Old member from nin.com and TOIOU and such like... Still waiting for Trent to either:
    Go on tour again cos he's bored
    Actually do some work on HTDA
    Or bring back NIN to the studio and produce something other than the soundtracks!
    Oh yes, I have the soundtrack already - but havent got the film yet :0 lost my job so food takes priority (for the kids and dogs that is)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bryan here. Was an active member back in my college days (~2005). Found my career while ETS was on hiatus. Glad things are back again.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    okay; so i'm Demogorgon, i was cappadocianman for awhile on the old board. *shrug* not much to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi my name is Jon. I'm from Indiana. I've been going to NIn concerts since The Downward Spiral before that I was too young to go to any (I'm 37 now) I've seen them 28 times. I have been lucky enough to meet Trent twice once at the Hard rock cafe in Cleveland and once for the meet and greet during the Lights in the sky tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm Andres!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hi. I'm Kevin. Um, I'm very important. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Whoa! I really thought I introduced myself here but it probably was somewhere else on this board.

I'm MAD.. which comes from the initials of my name.

I work as a Distribution Artwork Coordinator at a big game company, the name is irrelevant.

I play in a band called VENENA. Industrial / Progressive / other-cool-stuff-that-I-can't-wait-to-play-live

I did a bunch of artwork for ETS hosted projects, 5.1 DVDs from demo, Fan-Made singles, notincnstopmenow's live compliations In This Twilight, Banged and Blown Through, A Million Miles Away, TOIOU's TDS Live and the most recent ZootZap's Wiltern DVD.

I run NIN:RO (Nine Inch Nails: Romania).

EXTRA TRIVIA: The image you first see on ETS (the one you're required to click to enter) is actually a photo of mine, PHM inspired

OMG PICTURE! http://i.imgur.com/iBuFR.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hello my names Justin, I lurked around the old ETS quite often. I used to always check SeemsLikeSalvation for my latest NIN
    news and I used to hang around the #nin99 mIRC channel WAY back in the day while we were waiting for the Fragile to come out. Haha those were some good old times. I've been a NIN fan since beginning my cd\music collection at the age of 12 and buying my first cd player (a portable Kenwood) and my first 5 cds with Christmas money! While the other 4 cds are slightly embarassing (Shaggy: Boombastic, Mortal Kombat OST, The Offspring: Smash, Smashing Pumpkins: Bullet With Butterfly Wings CDS) the fifth was Further Down the Spiral. NOT the Downward Spiral I started with Further Down, so you can imagine how insane it all sounded to me! I still own that original copy btw (as well as the UK halo 10v2 now) and I still love it and NIN.

Sorry for rambling! got a little nostalgic back there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am Lawrence Thank you very Much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm Jim. Was never on this site before but I always knew of it. 12 years ago I was on the nin.com message boards as Phantom Tollbooth. Wonderful waste of time that was. I don't suppose anyone knows of links to all the old fan videos they used to have of the American concerts in 2000? Curious to look at an old girlfriend on there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, I'm completely new here. Steve from the land downunder - Brisbane, Australia. Long time fan of NIN but never really joined any official communities. I just expressed my fandom through buying CDs and attending the occasional concert held here in Oz (not many).

I don't have movie or soundtrack yet however have listened to it end to end online. I'm keen to get my hands on it because I was a massive fan of the score for The Social Network. I also love the HTDA sound and would like to see a tour down under

Not sure what else to say. 34 years old, own every NIN CD I can get my hands on. My favourite albumn is The Fragile and favourite song is Somewhat Damaged. Currently educating my new girlfriend on the wonders of NIN and why she needs to like them lest it put unnecessary strain on our relationship.

I've been considering a NIN tattoo for a long time, ex-wife wouldn't 'allow' it (and thus the EX part). Was thinking simple black ink tat with the logo, but with some noise and distortion, similar to the version on the cover of 'With Teeth' - http://www.slashgear.com/gallery/dat...with_teeth.jpg

What do you think?

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey!
    I'm a New Zealander living in S.Korea. I've been here for three years teaching ESL.
    I've been a fan of NIN since I picked up TDS for 10NZD in 1998. I was lucky enough to See NIN twice in 2009 before they finished. Once in NZ and once in Seoul, S.Korea. It was quite moving seeing the amount of Korean NIN fans in the crowd. It seemed that Trent has had an impact on people, the world over.
    Any NIN fans in S.Korea, hit me up, I'm in Changwon near Busan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm TheBlueFrog

I bounce around many different places, and lurk mostly.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Hi! My name is Nimesh. I was ElDiabloRobotico on the old board and had probably been there since the very beginning, but I spent 99.9% of my time lurking. I'm hoping to fix that and post more on the new board. We'll see how that works out. 'Sup, fuckers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ummmm.....????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lil help please...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hello, I'm Manu, been here since 2004. When I'm here, I spend most time in the Musical Revolution threads and the "All the sin" forums. My favorite NIN album is With Teeth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What up. I used to be on ETS once in a while. I contributed some editing to the fan dvd, and was briefly involved with the Y0 comic when that was a thing. Also I got scammed by that final show blu project.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hello,

My name is Sam and I have been a NIN fan for a very long time. I have participated to varying degrees within the online NIN community. I come from a background having previously written for Industrial Nation and doing some field rep work for Invisible Records back in the early-mid 90's. I've never really outgrown or grown tired of NIN/Trent/etc in the manner that I do with a number of other bands.

Always nice to find other like-minded folks out there.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm huntermc and I've been a fan on NIN since about 1990 or so, when I first borrowed a copy of PHM from a friend's little sister. I was more of a metal fan, but it was unlike anything I've ever heard. And ever since, Trent has never disappointed regardless of which musical direction he has gone in.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    howdy. lew here. used to be on alt.music.nin. how is THAT for old? ha.
    happy easter, ets-ers.