Thread: Random Tech Questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Well that’s not a backup, is it?

And no offense but if she’s good with computers she’d have fixed this already.

You don’t get EMAIL addresses when you “sign up for shit,” it takes some effort to acquire email addresses.

My Mom is nearly 83 and at least writes this stuff down. She has a file folder full of this info.

Did you see this? Is the phone number on file a textable cell number?

https://account.live.com/username/recover

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-67a668453f4c
    I'm saying that the reason my wife didn't do a full backup is that she was trying to do all of this in between throwing up every ten minutes, with a whole lot of other shit on her mind, and she didn't want to do it in the first place. And I don't mean she's any sort of computer genius- it's just that, 99% of the time, she can fix tablet/computer issues. Remembering someone else's email from six or seven years ago, though, who made dozens of email addresses, or knowing the answers to their security questions: yeah. She doesn't know how to.do that, and isn't on the level to know how to get around it.

And yes, my mom DOES make new email addresses to sign up for shit that requires email addresses, because she doesn't remember the old ones: at least, she did that up until fairly recently. And she does NOT write shit down.

She missed a lot of the information age.

And, yes. Those links are what we used to attempt to recover the account.
    It didn't work.

Now, they have ANOTHER form, which asks for MORE information, but, it's glitching at the captcha on her phone, for now.

I'm tired of worrying about it, honestly.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-06-2021 at 02:33 AM.