Page 112 of 155 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 4638

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Skinny Puppy - The Greatest Wrong of the Right live.

I really love this DVD.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rings.

Why did I decide to do this?

Edit: Continuing the Halloween trend - watching Annabelle, after The Conjuring last night. Gonna try to cram in the other two Conjuring films so I can catch The Nun while it’s in theaters.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 10-07-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    This won't be for everyone but... (it's indie from 2000)

"waydowntown"

(legit YouTube streaming)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Happy Death Day.

Oh my god, so good.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 10-12-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I started watching "Kidding" - Jim Carrey's new show on Showtime. On episode 4 now, what a trip.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I watched A Beautiful Mind last night for the first time since I saw it in the theatre when it came out.
    I never realized that the movie gets really bad in the second half. The schmaltz and the drama is way over the top.
    No wonder it won so many awards. Praises to Jennifer Connelly's performance though.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I started watching "Kidding" - Jim Carrey's new show on Showtime. On episode 4 now, what a trip.
    Started watching that a couple weeks ago. 3 Episode's in. So far so good.

Just got back from Halloween 2018 today. Fantastic movie. Captured my attention from beginning to end. Not a dull moment. Solid 9/10

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Agree about Halloween. Really enjoyed it. Some silliness doesn't hold up to realistic scrutiny like all horror movies, but alot of it does at the same time. Nice little twist happens as well that helps explains some things.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    I watched Black Klansman; the end unexpectedly had me in tears. Good god. It was powerful, heart wrenching stuff. Make SURE and see that one if you haven't.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Yeah, the ending kind of catches you off guard, which I think is why it has such a strong impact. I've seen people argue that it felt tacked on to the main story, but I disagree. Spike Lee has always been about the links between history and today

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    I wanted to watch something from back in the day and decided on Groundhog Day.

And I just noticed a VERY young Michael Shannon in a small role.

Edit: do we have any sort of "random movie discussion" type of thread?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Finally got around to watching Moonlight. It was ok. The last third of the movie is pretty boring and doesn't really go anywhere or say anything. The first third is by far the most interesting. Lots of cool shots and camera work. The lead actors portraying the lead character deserve a lot of praise for getting across emotion without speaking but this thing doesn't offer all that much in terms of plot or narrative arc. Not that every films needs some grand narrative arc but at least don't be boring.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The Bye Bye Man (2017) might be one of the shittiest movies I’ve ever seen in my life. And that’s not something I normally want to throw out there 20 minutes into a movie.

Update: Yeah, this is a shitty goddamn movie.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 10-30-2018 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    What I've been watching for the past week while I've been home sick:

• War on Everyone (2016)
      Inherent Vice (2014)
      It Follows (2014)
      Atomic Blonde (2017)
      Tomb Raider (2017)
      Death Becomes Her (1992)
      300: Rise of an Empire (2014)
      Super Troopers 2 (2018)
      The Huntsman: Winter's War (2016)
      Much Ado About Nothing (2012)
      Dragon Warriors (2015)
      Lady in the Water (2006)

Not a lot of winners in there. Pretty sure I was laughing at some movies that were supposed to be taken seriously by their audiences.

War on Everyone was one of my favorites. It's a black comedy (and I mean the dark side of the moon kind of black) and was pretty hilarious...until it wasn't. It was a weird mish-mash of flavors that ended up in a dark place instead of a dark comedic spot. So many people in this that I'm like I know that guy from something but what? There's Alexander Skarsgard, Michael Pena, Theo James (Divergent), Tessa Thompson, Caleb Landry Jones (Get Out), Malcolm Barrett (Better Off Ted), and in a "hey, is that Paul Reiser?" moment: Paul Reiser.

Jesus, they just kept making cop-shooting jokes and it was hilarious.

Slight spoiler: So they track this black guy to Iceland. AS says to MP "How are we going to find this guy, we don't have a lot to go on" I say to myself, he's black and you're in Iceland, duh. MP says to AS "he's black and we're in Iceland. We'll just stand here until we see him. *waits a beat* Oh, there he is."

So ridiculous.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Watching King of the Hill, now streaming on Hulu.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    What I've been watching for the past week while I've been home sick:

• War on Everyone (2016)
      Inherent Vice (2014)
      It Follows (2014)
      Atomic Blonde (2017)
      Tomb Raider (2017)
      Death Becomes Her (1992)
      300: Rise of an Empire (2014)
      Super Troopers 2 (2018)
      The Huntsman: Winter's War (2016)
      Much Ado About Nothing (2012)
      Dragon Warriors (2015)
      Lady in the Water (2006)

Not a lot of winners in there. Pretty sure I was laughing at some movies that were supposed to be taken seriously by their audiences.

War on Everyone was one of my favorites. It's a black comedy (and I mean the dark side of the moon kind of black) and was pretty hilarious...until it wasn't. It was a weird mish-mash of flavors that ended up in a dark place instead of a dark comedic spot. So many people in this that I'm like I know that guy from something but what? There's Alexander Skarsgard, Michael Pena, Theo James (Divergent), Tessa Thompson, Caleb Landry Jones (Get Out), Malcolm Barrett (Better Off Ted), and in a "hey, is that Paul Reiser?" moment: Paul Reiser.

Jesus, they just kept making cop-shooting jokes and it was hilarious.

Slight spoiler: So they track this black guy to Iceland. AS says to MP "How are we going to find this guy, we don't have a lot to go on" I say to myself, he's black and you're in Iceland, duh. MP says to AS "he's black and we're in Iceland. We'll just stand here until we see him. *waits a beat* Oh, there he is."

So ridiculous.
    Did you like It Follows?????

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It was alright. I couldn't get into the movie enough to believe it's premise. Mainly, who was the first person this happened to? And if it keeps coming after you even if you give it away, why not just accept the inevitable like the girl in the intro?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    It was alright. I couldn't get into the movie enough to believe it's premise. Mainly, who was the first person this happened to? And if it keeps coming after you even if you give it away, why not just accept the inevitable like the girl in the intro?
    Hah, yeah I get what you're saying, some of the details didn't make much sense, and I especially thought the ending felt off. but I don't know, I feel like the movie was more allegorical than anything else. Lots of people see it as a metaphor for HIV (not sure I buy this theory myself) or for the way the trauma stays with people forever and gets passed on to others. Plenty of other theories too. I just think it's that kinda movie.

To be honest, the stuff I really loved about it was all the aesthetic stuff, like the lighting and cinematography. I liked how there was this weird mix of technology from different eras, like the big old tube TV's and that strange Kindle device that was shaped like a sea shell. The whole thing just had a cool weird dreamy vibe that I loved.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Christopher Robin, wasn't expecting much because my favourite reviewer gave it 40% only, but it turned out to be pretty good for me, with some unexpectedly good jokes (like there's a fight in distance and one of stuffed animals says "that (monster) is lucky you need me here!"), and is kinda similar vibe to the best movie ever, NeverEnding Story.

Also, a documentary series A User's Guide to Cheating Death, mainly about how things like detox or products supposedly tailored to your DNA are just plain stupid and never worked. Now I see there's also season 2, will find that too.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Hah, yeah I get what you're saying, some of the details didn't make much sense, and I especially thought the ending felt off. but I don't know, I feel like the movie was more allegorical than anything else. Lots of people see it as a metaphor for HIV (not sure I buy this theory myself) or for the way the trauma stays with people forever and gets passed on to others. Plenty of other theories too. I just think it's that kinda movie.

To be honest, the stuff I really loved about it was all the aesthetic stuff, like the lighting and cinematography. I liked how there was this weird mix of technology from different eras, like the big old tube TV's and that strange Kindle device that was shaped like a sea shell. The whole thing just had a cool weird dreamy vibe that I loved.
    I heard those theories back when it was released and I think it's a decent enough allegory, it's just not a very good film.

I noticed the weird sea shell thing but didn't notice the televisions, though I did feel like something was off about the technology. Maybe it was the idea of them plugging everything into surge protectors before throwing them into the water?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Hear me out: As lukewarm and hokey as Tomb Raider (2017) was, I DO have to give it kudos for objectively being one of the better video game movies I think I've ever seen, and I say that believing that we haven't had a single "truly good" video game movie, ever (including Silent Hill, which is near and dear to me personally, but not necessarily a great film, heh). I'd probably give Tomb Raider like a 5 or 6 out of 10, but it wasn't COMPLETELY abysmal, so that gives it a leg up on a majority of other video game adaptations for me. I'll probably never bother watching it again, but it at least got me interested in checking out the new Tomb Raider games. *shrug* So I suppose, mission accomplished on their part? (Bought them on sale that afternoon for like $15 total, quite the steal!)

I'm trying to work through my "movies I really should have seen by now" list and I finally watched The Crow for the first time ever. I don't feel like I need to say anything that hasn't been said a billion times, but that was an incredible movie, and something about realizing Brandon Lee was 28 (my age) when he died made it resonate with me that much more. Brandon's performance in particular carries so much more weight knowing that he had no idea what was going to happen to him. I've been familiar with the story and the infamy since I was little, but never made time to watch the movie. SUPER glad I did.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I heard those theories back when it was released and I think it's a decent enough allegory, it's just not a very good film.

I noticed the weird sea shell thing but didn't notice the televisions, though I did feel like something was off about the technology. Maybe it was the idea of them plugging everything into surge protectors before throwing them into the water?
    The director said he purposefully wanted to throw the audience off about when the movie was taking place. So the tech is kinda all over the place for that reason. Was going for a timeless feel.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Binging Parks and Rec and i fucking love it. I've come to realize that Andy is my spirit animal.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just re-watched "Unbreakable", yeah, I like it still.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Binging Parks and Rec and i fucking love it. I've come to realize that Andy is my spirit animal.
    andy starts out as such a loser dipshit and becomes one of the best characters on the show

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Was watching this one last night. God, I was losing it. Spoiler: The moment he started promoting a mosque in Kingman, AZ was pure gold.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just re-watched "28 Days Later" for the first time in over a decade, still like it. Still like the original theatrical ending.

If you've never watched the Jacknife Lee promo video; well... WARNING! It is full of spoilers.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I meant to have a productive day, but then I found Crystal Lake Memories, the 5+ hour documentary on the Friday the 13th franchise on youtube...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    after watching "the meg", the last review in the clip below came to mind