Page 18 of 155 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Watching "Layer Cake" again. Fun little pre-Bond Daniel Craig crime flick.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, The Dictator, turns out, was pretty ok. The first twenty minutes or so, I was really not digging it. After a while it started to get funnier. By about halfway through the movie I was finally coming around. It wasn't great, and I'm not even sure I would quite say good, but it was decent enough.

The problem is that only about 30% of the jokes were actually funny. The rest were bad. REALLY bad. Seriously groan-worthy. Especially during the first third of the movie or so, I was really ready to completely write it off. After that it got better.

Anyway, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but I wouldn't talk anyone out of watching it, either. For a buck at Redbox, you could do a lot worse (or if you catch it on HBO on a boring afternoon sometime in the future).
    Last edited by theruiner; 07-08-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    La Nuit de Varennes.

Pretty sure Harvey Keitel's French is dubbed but still, an engaging, if altogether fictional, conversation between Thomas Paine, Casanova and Nicolas-Edme Rétif in a stagecoach traveling the same journey as the escaped royal family from Paris.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I'm in the middle of the first season of Archer. I'm enjoying it. I don't find it very funny, but the show is still pretty fun.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Watched Coriolanus. I don't know...it had some good moments, but transferring a Shakespearian play in a modern setting while maintaining the original dialogue never seems like a good idea to me, it's just too distracting.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Watching "Layer Cake" again. Fun little pre-Bond Daniel Craig crime flick.
    That was an interesting film in retrospect. Especially the end.

Overall, seeing mega stars in previous smaller roles is always entertaining. Clive Owen in Bourne Identity anyone?

Watched The Queen on TV yesterday. I liked seeing the Scottish countryside the best.
    Last edited by Dra508; 07-09-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Savages: pretty enjoyable, very cheesy at times, didn't like the ending. And Taylor Kitsch sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    So, The Dictator, turns out, was pretty ok. The first twenty minutes or so, I was really not digging it. After a while it started to get funnier. By about halfway through the movie I was finally coming around. It wasn't great, and I'm not even sure I would quite say good, but it was decent enough.

The problem is that only about 30% of the jokes were actually funny. The rest were bad. REALLY bad. Seriously groan-worthy. Especially during the first third of the movie or so, I was really ready to completely write it off. After that it got better.
    I didn't like it much. It was not up to the level of Borat and Bruno. Pretty much all of the dialogue and scenes with the scientist guy were terrible. The movie just didn't have enough laughs, and I agree about many of the jokes being shit. I liked the speech, but this was no Great Dictator.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I know next to nothing about the Harry Potter series, but I was channel-flipping yesterday and was amused to see Bill Nighy in one of them (can't remember the title) look suspiciously like Harvey Keitel.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    CNN.

It's all about Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    Wolf Blitzer
    Best episode of (actual) Celebrity Jeopardy I ever saw featured Blitzer getting ass-raped by Andy Richter.
    Final score:
    Andy - $60,000
    Some author - like $4000
    Wolf - minus $2000

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Passchendaele

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm watching American: The Bill Hicks Story, except I'm not actually watching it. I can only listen to this because 95% of the visuals are just still photographs with this awful added-motion/zoom effect. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^I tried watching that and had to turn it off, because the visuals were just terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    ^^I tried watching that and had to turn it off, because the visuals were just terrible.
    Luckily I watched it on my computer, so I just put my browser window overtop of it and only watched when it was videos of his standup. It was interesting enough that I listened to the whole thing, but man, I tried once before to watch it and I had to turn it off because of the visuals. Fucking hell.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Was there a remixed ghosts track in Savages? Anyway, good movie.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Lately, ive been working my way through CNN's "The Cold War". Im a huge documentary fan, and i picked this up at best buy for 30 bucks a couple weeks ago after seeing a few episodes on U Tube. If you have ever seen the epic "World At War" series from the 70's, and enjoyed that, you have to check this out. It gives an epic scope of world history from 1945-1991, and has much interview footage with all sorts of key players (fidel castro, robert mcnamara, bush sr., gorbecheav, ect. i could go on and on) Anyways, this is a great watch if your into this sorta stuff!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    Passchendaele
    What a shit movie, I despise Paul Gross. The dialogue was so stunted and cheesy. "There's just one rule... don't die!" Who the fuck talked like that in 1914?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    Luckily I watched it on my computer, so I just put my browser window overtop of it and only watched when it was videos of his standup. It was interesting enough that I listened to the whole thing, but man, I tried once before to watch it and I had to turn it off because of the visuals. Fucking hell.
    thanks for the heads up, netflix keeps recommending it to me. Ill have to have it on as backround noise while im cleaning this weekend, @ least i know im not missing anything!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    48 Hrs. yesterday. Probably 2nd place only to Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid (maybe 3rd with Midnight Run ​in 2nd) for greatest buddy movie.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Been rewatching X-Files ( bought all of them, plus Lone Gunmen). Also just scooped up the entire series of Batman Beyond. Needless to say, I've got a lot on my plate.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    The Faculty. It's been over a decade since I last saw it, and I'm surprised to see how well it held up. It's still loads of fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    um, in 18 hours I will be watching The Dark Knight Rises​...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I finally got around to watching 21 Jump Street. It was good. Not anything special, but it was enjoyable.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I wasn't impressed, but then I also didn't hate it, which is what I was expecting to do since I hate Channing Tatum. But no, it worked as a parody, maybe not as well as Starsky and Hutch, but I kinda liked it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I won't be able to go see The Dark Knight Rises till next week, so I watched Memento for the first time. I like this Mr. Christopher Nolan.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Glengarry Glen Ross. It's the Dark Knight Rises of movies that use "fuck" over 100 times.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Glengarry Glen Ross. It's the Dark Knight Rises of movies that use "fuck" over 100 times.
    Fun with cussing and acting. Love that film.

Watching Lost, Season 3..again.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_Ed View Post
    I won't be able to go see The Dark Knight Rises till next week, so I watched Memento for the first time. I like this Mr. Christopher Nolan.
    I remember seeing that when it first came out and being absolutely blown away. Still one of my top five favorite movies. I had no idea he was going to go on and become one of the biggest directors in the world (and never would have suspected it). But, truly, Nolan totally deserves it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The god-awful US commentary of the olympic opening ceremony.