Page 49 of 155 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 4633

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    The Wolverine, finally... It's better than Origins: Wolverine, but there's still plot holes.
    Spoiler: For example, shouldn't Logan have been raining blood from his knuckles for a full third of this movie? He can't heal quickly anymore but he's still poppin' the claws with reckless abandon and his hands look fine.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

Last Action Hero

Some parts of this movie are still really funny.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Decided to treat myself and buy the complete serids of Sopranos. Almost done with season three. Baffling how I never sat down and watched this before.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Last Action Hero

Some parts of this movie are still really funny.
    "this is not a movie, it's california!"

i was literally thinking about this movie yesterday, and how much i want to watch it, because it's been years. i still own it on VHS.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Last Action Hero over the years has manage to grow on me. I think it's one of the most underrated and misunderstood films of the past 25 years.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

I hadn't seen it in at least ten years, is forgotten how many one liners are in it. Also that kid totally sells it the entire time. One thing I did forget was how long it is. Solid throughout but still felt I started to drag at the end. Other than some dated sfx I felt it held up pretty well.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 11-14-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

life of pi

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A Nightmare on Elm Street 3- DREAM WARRIORS!!

Easily the best film in the series, never got the full respect it deserved, the second film (the weird homoerotic one) was a massive incoherent disappointment and the fourth was derivative, but this one was brilliant even better than the first. Patrica Arquette is brilliant in this. Set in a mental home. All the characters are likable, very creepy at points. Story is great. They should re-release it on its own, cant remake it, its 1987-ness is what contributes to its charm.

Also really liked New Nightmare which came out in 1994, Wes Craven returned after Dream Warriors its New Nightmare for me, Heather Langencamp plays herself, definetly more trippy and nearly just as good.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    ^ Easily my favorite of the series, plus it has that bitchen Dokken song to go with it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    ^ Easily my favorite of the series, plus it has that bitchen Dokken song to go with it.
    They play that song all the time on VH1 Classic. It's a cool video w/ that great Freddy Krueger cameo as he obviously doesn't like Dokken.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

Magic City. Has anyone seen this show?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I've seen the show. I'm not surprised it got cancelled. It was all style and very little substance largely due to some very poor writing and a terrible supporting cast along with the way they wasted James Caan. I can't believe how badly Sherilyn Fenn has aged.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I've seen the show. I'm not surprised it got cancelled. It was all style and very little substance largely due to some very poor writing and a terrible supporting cast along with the way they wasted James Caan. I can't believe how badly Sherilyn Fenn has aged.
    I was wishing it would get better... I do like stories/shows/films in that period.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    True Blood season 6. Sookie is annoying me. No wonder the next season is the last.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    The Imposter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rewatched some of Lost recently, 3 years on looking back at it, that ending was really bad. Vague, Embarrassing, Spiritual, cheesy, Hippie nonsense, Totally up its own backside, Severe mess, They could have done better. They created too many mysteries to answer, however i really enjoyed watching it at the time but it feels like none of the hours i spent watching it really led anywhere or payed off. Real dead end.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highly Psychological View Post
    Rewatched some of Lost recently, 3 years on looking back at it, that ending was really bad. Vague, Embarrassing, Spiritual, cheesy, Hippie nonsense, Totally up its own backside, Severe mess, They could have done better. They created too many mysteries to answer, however i really enjoyed watching it at the time but it feels like none of the hours i spent watching it really led anywhere or payed off. Real dead end.
    That show was good at first but got too overblown, pretentious and big for its own good. It got ridiculous after awhile.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Masters of Sex

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Saw All Is Lost earlier this week. Impressive, powerful movie. I found Robert Redford's performance to be in the same league as Sandra Bullock's in Gravity - maybe a league above due to the fact that Redford didn't even have another voice to act against, much less the physical presence of another actor. The way the conflicts were spaced apart and presented struck me as more realistic (and maybe more affecting) as well.

Overall, I related more to the way Redford's character dealt with disaster/tragedy, too... though if it was me out there, I think I would have been talking to myself a lot more out of sheer panic & frustration.

Anyway, it's a great flick that deserves to be seen.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I watched In Bruges for the first time last night. There are so many good things to say about this movie, I can't believe it took me so long to get to it. All I knew was it was about hitmen and that it was a must-see, so I went it with a completely open mind to what might happen and it blew me away. If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and watch it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Speaking of Colin Farrell, I watched the remake of Fright Night yesterday. He makes one sexy vampire but the icing on the (bloody) cake is the foul mouthed David Tennant. Anton Yelchin is excellent too.

This remake could have been so much worse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    After hearing friends constantly say how good firefly was I decided to give it a chance. I'm about halfway through the 1st (only?) season....

They were right....

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm watching Blue Mountain State. I didn't think I'd like it at all, I'm not into football one bit, but this shit is pretty funny. I'm only three episodes in, but I plan on watching it up through wherever it's at now. This jockey douchebag guy (I forget his name) is probably my favorite dude ever - He's hysterical.

Also started Orange is the New Black earlier! DONNA. OH GOD, DONNA'S A LESBIAN. YES. Also, lesbians and boobs aside, it's a pretty good show. The surprise at the end of the first episode was out of nowhere, but that was mainly because I went into the show knowing literally nothing about it.

I'd recommend both!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Finally saw The World's End. Shockingly disappointing, but the twist at the finale was interesting, made me think perhaps there'd be a spinoff...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Gangster Squad. Kinda ham-fisted. Now on to Europa Report, which is like Arthur C. Clarke's "2010" meets Apollo 18.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Lawrence of Arabia. I sometimes watch films that are universally heralded as classics and think, "Well, I see why people like it, but its not my thing", but I really dug this one. The script, the themes, the acting, the music were all amazing. And the cinematography- the whole thing is incredibly gorgeous, and there weren't a lot of shots that were too show-offy. The let the desert be beautiful in its stillness, and framed it in the best way. If I was being nitpicky I would say the editing could use some tightening, but I don't mind since the shots they linger on are so nice, and the somewhat slow pace mirrors the languid pace of desert dwelling. Great movie that holds up very well. Hollywood, please don't remake this.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    seven pounds, i really like this, eventho it's will smith