Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I have to see this movie.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Also, this.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @orestes robot jox was one of my favorite movies when i was around 9-10 years old. my friend ari had it on vhs and i'm pretty sure we wore out the tape watching it so many times.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    And it has Reb Brown! (Move, move, move!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Inside out. I really liked it. I did not think it was as "fun" as a previous pixar films but I still though it was a great movie.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    "Hell on Wheels"

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    "Hell on Wheels"
    i tried it but i couldn't quite get into it at first. should i try again?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i tried it but i couldn't quite get into it at first. should i try again?
    Dunno, I watched a friggin' MARATHON yesterday. Right now they're doing the race between the U-P and C-P to Utah, and Bohannon's trying to find his Mormon wife and son, and the Chinese are working on the C-P line. (This is the start of Season 5.)
    Last edited by allegro; 07-19-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Dunno, I watched a friggin' MARATHON yesterday. Right now they're doing the race between the U-P and C-P to Utah, and Bohannon's trying to find his Mormon wife and son, and the Chinese are working on the C-P line. (This is the start of Season 5.)
    i think we shall check it out again.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    It Follows

i pre-ordered the soundtrack on vinyl months ago and listened to it right when i got it (without looking at any of the track names; spoilers), but didn't actually watch the movie until yesterday.

wow. just...wow. that was an effectively terrifying horror movie without ever resulting to extreme gore or unwarranted jump-scares, and it was not predictable at all. highly recommended.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Hell on Wheels is a ridiculously underrated show. WATCH IT!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Watched the first episode of Humans the AMC/Channel 4 show after it was recommended by a friend. Pretty interesting will have to check out the episodes I have missed so far.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    It Follows

i pre-ordered the soundtrack on vinyl months ago and listened to it right when i got it (without looking at any of the track names; spoilers), but didn't actually watch the movie until yesterday.
    the artist, Disasterpeace, will shoot the shit with you about his music if you hit him up on facebook.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I may have mentioned it but I just finished the first season of the flash. Pretty decent for a cw show. I liked it. Just started in on Gotham, so far I like Gothams style more.I'm still early in.

True Detective has been good sui far, this last one especially.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Terminator: Genisys was a poorly spelled abomynation masquerading as a fylm.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

It's got Shrim!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Straight Story. The only film of David Lynch I haven't seen so far...

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Eyes Wide Shut.

Maybe the most underrated film of all time.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Color of Money by Martin Scorsese. One of his finest and most entertaining.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    wow... I did not expect John Wick to be this violent. This is crazy

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It's pretty good.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Eyes Wide Shut.

Maybe the most underrated film of all time.
    I didn't get it when I was 23, my girlfriend who was older than me really liked it.
    I watched it again recently and sure enough, it all worked a lot better with a bit more personal miles.
    I think you need to have been through a whole relationship to get this film. You need to have seen it live, thrive, lie down, die and decay in front of you. I don't think you can really like this film if you haven't been in love and seen that love just evaporate as time passes by...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lt. Joe Kenda Homicide Hunter is super addictive.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    The Straight Story. The only film of David Lynch I haven't seen so far...
    wasn't it great? It's the least Lynchian of his films, in my opinion. Before i saw this one, i thought that The Elephant Man was unlike Lynch. But this one is literally a fucking disney movie!
    The reason it seems so real is that the lead actor had terminal bone cancer during filming. He killed himself in 2000 (the movie was made in 99.)
    Also, they followed the actual route that A. Straight took and shot the scenes in order.
    All of that combined to make the thing seem very fucking real, to me anyway.

HANNIBAL is what we've been watching. I'm late to the party on this one, i know. If you people haven't checked it out, you should-it's fucking EXCELLENT, and i'm quite discerning when it comes to television.
    We watched season 1 yesterday and season 2 today, if that says anything.
    I'm a huge Thomas Harris fan, and i love what they've done with the characters. I actually think that Harris would be pleased, but that will probably remain a mystery, as the man has refused to speak to the media for the past 40 years or so.
    It's like David Lynch telling a story using the characters from Red Dragon.

Edit: Oh, and i'm SUPER fucking bummed that it's cancelled.
    I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be awesome if the show covered Red Dragon, Silence, and Hannibal? And then i found out that it would be...and then i found out that it was cancelled. I read that they are scrambling to find a way to continue the show though, whether it's as an original on one of the streaming services, or even through the use of cinematic releases.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-01-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    wasn't it great? It's the least Lynchian of his films, in my opinion. Before i saw this one, i thought that The Elephant Man was unlike Lynch. But this one is literally a fucking disney movie!
    The reason it seems so real is that the lead actor had terminal bone cancer during filming. He killed himself in 2000 (the movie was made in 99.)
    Also, they followed the actual route that A. Straight took and shot the scenes in order.
    All of that combined to make the thing seem very fucking real, to me anyway.

HANNIBAL is what we've been watching. I'm late to the party on this one, i know. If you people haven't checked it out, you should-it's fucking EXCELLENT, and i'm quite discerning when it comes to television.
    I'm a huge Thomas Harris fan, and i love what they've done with the characters. I actually think that Harris would be pleased, but that will probably remain a mystery, as the man has refused to speak to the media for the past 40 years or so.

I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be awesome if the show covered Red Dragon, Silence, and Hannibal? And then i found out that it would be...and then i found out that it was cancelled. I read that they are scrambling to find a way to continue the show though, whether it's as an original on one of the streaming services, or even through the use of cinematic releases.
    Right now, through this list: http://letterboxd.com/thevoid99/list...-lynch-ranked/

It's my 4th favorite film by Lynch. I'm going to do some shorts but also finish Twin Peaks as I just started the 2nd season.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Some Like It Hot.

Rest in peace, Norma Jeane.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Justice League: Gods and Monsters, The Flashpoint Paradox, and House II

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

As of right now the series has covered Hannibal, as much of Hannibal Rising as they ever intended to cover, is covering Red Dragon, and so the only novel that would really be left is Silence, which they still hadn't acquired the rights to even before the cancellation. The plotline in season 1 with Tobias and the violin man and all that jazz was actually a replacement for what was going to be showing us how the head in a jar from Silence came to be, which is mentioned in exposition in the novel but never fully detailed. Bryan Fuller is committed to American Gods for a little bit and the show has a streaming exclusivity deal with Amazon that won't run out until about 18 months from now or so, so until then we shouldn't expect anything more sadly. It's become my favorite series, right beside Sopranos for me. I actually might go as far to say that it's my favorite adaptation of a novel to screen that's ever been done.

Harris is actually a fan, Fuller has said he saw an email that Harris sent someone at the studio and it literally just said "I like the series. Mads is hard to understand sometimes." So his seal of approval is on it.

If they do get to continue elsewhere, Fuller's stated gameplan at the moment seems to be a fourth season of what he's cryptically said is "something from the books that we've never seen explored before," and would involve the Will/Hannibal relationship more, then a fifth season of Silence's story, then a sixth season that would be a completely original ending to the Lecter story. That plan is different from what he originally said so who knows what could change, especially now that NBC won't be available to help get the rights to the characters from Silence of the Lambs. They've mentioned possibly doing a movie even, so it's officially in the "who the fuck knows" realm, but Hugh Dancy and Mads have both expressed their dedication to it and Fuller seems entirely devoted to it. The De Laurentiis company has been ceaseless in their online support and push for it, too, so the studio is still very into it. There's a good chance we'll see more of it, just not for a couple of years at the earliest.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, I'm now four episodes into "Sense8" and I don't like it. Like, I really don't like it. I'm trying to. I keep hearing about how amazing it is and so many people have said that episode 4 is when they got hooked and that it's an amazing episode and...meh. I feel like I'm watching a completely different show from everyone else. I don't get the appeal at all.

I'm trying. I'll give it another couple of episodes before I give up. Also gave Game of Thrones a chance and gave up on it. I don't like anything anyone else likes, apparently. Ha.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Age of Adaline.

And I just realised this is not the first time I am rewinding Harrisons performances to look again, and again... so subtle changes in mimics, voice, and it works so good, I trust him. Amazing.

(for example in the for-now last Indiana Jones I remember rewinding him taking a look at enemys weapon shortly... or I remember years ago in Firewall when he had no other choice but to kill someone, and looked so sad about that) (dont know wheres apostrophe with this keyboard I am at now sorry)