Page 66 of 77 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Now, this isn't a slight or dig or insult towards you at all....let's preface this with that so it's clear. Not trolling, not insulting, k?

Do you not think that there's even the most remote of possibilities that he literally just does shit....pantyhose, whatever...paints his ass pink, wears a dead ferret on his head, whatever....and knows that a ton of his fans (as I stated) will automatically assume that there's some super deep meaning behind it all? In my opinion he is. He knows that at this point in whatever is left of his career he can get away with that still. Hell, he isn't the only one. I'm sure Bowie, NIN, whoever...they can do something completely random and there is BOUND to be a pantload of people on Facebook simply just overthinking it. 'He did this because ____ and _____ and you just don't understand, man...'

I find it incredibly difficult to believe that Marilyn Manson, as you put it, wore pantyhose on his head as something in 'the context of his personal mythology and history of self-expression' but that's E X A C T L Y what he knows a large portion of his fanbase will think! And they buy right in to it! That's why I'm baffled. What artist hasn't done some 'self-expression'?? They're musicians...that's sorta the point.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    If Hazekiah does believe it, why do you feel the need to burst his bubble? I don't think there's any deep meaning to it either, but I don't feel the need to make a fool of him & all this "Oh I'm not trolling" and "honestly genuinely curious" bollocks is just stomach-turning.

You want to dress down the extent to which Hazekiah buys into this stuff as a way of promoting how adult & mature and soooo over and above it you are. Do you do irony?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First, get off my nuts. Secondly, it was an honest question, sure it's almost impossible to ask it without sounding condescending but it truly isn't. I'm not out to burst any bubble, and am not trying to make a fool out of him in any way...and frankly, if you find anything to be 'bollocks' I literally could not give the tiniest of shits. How asking that stuff was out to 'promote how adult and mature I am' is beyond me, so eat the dick.

Back to what I was saying, when ACSS came out, it was pretty clear that there were multiple layers to what MM was saying, and the things he was doing (i.e. the lyrics of Kinderfeld I always felt were pretty great, still do...) but now with the way his live shows have suffering more and more, maybe it just feels that he's doing things now for the sole reason of still trying to get people to think it's for a deep reason.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm just making an observation here. Don't shoot the messenger.

If you think Marilyn Manson is shitty and ridiculous and a relic of the very lamest aspects of the '90s, that's great, fantastic. Me, too. But don't you think it would be better for everyone if you steered clear of the Manson thread? Is it really compelling or interesting to show up and say "Manson sucks" (hardly a groundbreaking opinion) to a 50/50 mix of people who already agree with you and people who disagree so vehemently that your opinion barely even registers against the sheer screaming brute force of their fandom? There's two whole threads here - "Shitty Music" and "Controversial Music Opinions" - in which you can vent to your heart's content about the panting, overweight, alcoholic Mr. Warner and his tunes, or lack thereof. Can't we let the babies have their bottle, and thank heaven that they're not posting in the other threads to talk about how synth pop is for fags and rap is just a bunch of angry scary shouting or whatever?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Manson's historical and familial connection to pantyhose, particularly of the flesh-toned L'eggs variety, is well-documented and has been discussed at length within The Long, Hard Road Out of Hell and countless interviews reaching at least as far back as 1995. He's worn them for ages and for very specific reasons connected to his history with his grandfather and Manson's own personal metamorphoses.

It's not just "what he knows a large portion of his fanbase will think" or "knows that a ton of his fans will automatically assume that there's some super deep meaning behind it."

It's a matter of public record and a clearly established motif to which he frequently returns throughout his career.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    When I'm sad, I go read this thread and stop being sad.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Always glad to be of assistance!

Anyone looking to make a case that Manson's just fucking with my head might enjoy this moment we shared recently, lol:

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Twiggy's face, haha

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    frankly, if you find anything to be 'bollocks' I literally could not give the tiniest of shits.
    Why are you replying then? If you didn't give a shit you wouldn't feel the need to set me straight. And how old will you get before you learn what "Literally" actually means...! Under what circumstances would you literally give a shit?

Hazekiah believes things that probably have no significance actually do because that's what he enjoys doing! IT IS NOT A MYSTERY, you are only picking at him so you can mock what you see as not very substantial reasons for believing something.

Done with you now!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My feelings.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I bet you're literally devastated :P

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Always glad to be of assistance!

Anyone looking to make a case that Manson's just fucking with my head might enjoy this moment we shared recently, lol:

ahhhh...and now it all makes sense.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    SHOOT
    SHOOT
    SHOOT
    MANSON/TWIGGY

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I see Twiggy transplanted Manson's chin onto himself

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    wow did manson actually get that swastika tattooed onto his chest

he may just be a little bit crackers after all

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    It's a black-and-white tattoo of THIS logo:

Plus, he's had a variant of the swastika on his inner left-arm since '09 and a totenkopf on his inner right-arm since late '07 so you're a little late to the game there.

Newsflash, Pogo alleges he's kinda into fascistic symbolism, lol.

Who knew.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    How has nobody reported on this yet? These dates have been out since November 25th...
    Looks like Manson is doing more North American shows this winter.

Jan 18 2013
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Eagles Ballroom
    ON SALE NOW

Jan 19 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Bogart's

Jan 20 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    The LC Pavilion

Jan 22 2013
    Detroit, Michigan
    The Fillmore

Jan 24 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio
    House of Blues

Jan 25 2013
    Wallingford, Connecticut
    The Dome
    ON SALE FRI, NOV 30

Jan 26 2013
    Boston, Massachusetts
    House of Blues

Finally a glimmer of hope for a goddamn Vancouver date. Yeah, say what you want about this guy's live show, I know it's gone downhill signifigantly, the videos don't lie, but it's like a car crash... you just can't stop watching, you are so intrigued! With that said, I wouldn't travel to see this guy, but if he came here, oh i'd go for sure.

So, looks like Hazekiah will be hitting the road again? Better cut down on that Christmas shopping and start saving those pennies!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ooh, the Cleveland show is pretty close to my birthday! I saw him with Zombie in October and while I was surprised that he made it through the set at least half sober, he tended to ramble incoherently and they basically played a greatest hits set. Should I expect more of the same in a smaller venue, or do you guys think he'll play more non-single tracks?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    ooh, the Cleveland show is pretty close to my birthday! I saw him with Zombie in October and while I was surprised that he made it through the set at least half sober, he tended to ramble incoherently and they basically played a greatest hits set. Should I expect more of the same in a smaller venue, or do you guys think he'll play more non-single tracks?

Are you seriously asking this question? Have you not read this thread at all?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    [/b]

Are you seriously asking this question? Have you not read this thread at all?
    To be totally honest, I didn't want to read through the pages and pages of arguing over whether or not Manson is still (or ever was) a credible musician.

Let me phrase the question this way: Is anyone else going to these shows? If so, what are you looking forward to?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

If they ever come up to Seattle I *might* be willing to go pending a price on tickets. Do we know if this is another round with Zombie?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

If they ever come up to Seattle I *might* be willing to go pending a price on tickets. Do we know if this is another round with Zombie?
    As far as I can tell it is Manson only, no Zombie.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    If only it were Zombie...

The bad news is, it's Pretty Reckless A-FUCKING-GAIN and "Butcher Babies" (whoever they are).
    At least that's who's playing at the Boston, MA show according to this Pretty Reckless songkick page:
    http://www.songkick.com/artists/2390458-pretty-reckless

Going to assume they are in it for the whole tour.
    Manson must still be trying to get into her pants...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    wait till you actually google Butcher Babies...curious what your reaction will be.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    North American dates announced, including a stop here at a relatively small venue in Feb. For shits and giggles, I went to Ticketmaster to see ticket prices.

$82.00.

LULZ.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    That is mental, the Twins of Evil show in London was only £37.50 ($60)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

In Manson's world he's still a big deal.....

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Drugs are expensive.

(Do keep in mind that OM is including the TM fees. Base price is $65. But still.)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah true. I'd expect something like that for a big arena show, sure...or like Sutekh said, a dual billed show with another big act, but still...dang.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Those tickets are way too expensive.Even if Manson sobered up without explanation,I wouldn't pay that price.