Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    haha though in all seriousness, i think she's fucking heinous

ex gossip girl star, in a shitty manufactured pop rock band. fuck manson, way to be credible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ** antiskum, I didn't see that you were joking before I wrote the rest of this post (your posts are on seperate pages), but I think it had to said anyway - so it's not directed to you but kind of just said in general**

1. How was I meant to know that from the video?

2. How do you know I'm not 17

3. In their promotional material which I have since looked at, what part of it screams "Don't think of me as a girl of age, I'm a child"

I'm not saying that point two or three excuse it, but from a three minute music video placed in a Marilyn Manson thread where an 'adult looking' female strips to heavy music - is it really my fault to think she is attractive?

And do you not think this because she is seventeen? She turned eighteen two months after this video was released (apparently) does that make it OK to look at pictures of her from May 2010 onward - where she will look exactly the same - and say, "Wow, what a hottie"?

I'm sorry, you are right - whenever I look at a girl stripping in a music video singing "Taste me, drink my soul", I will immediatly wikipedia her and failing that send her an email and ask her age. When she responds or I find sufficiant documentation to prove that she actually is eighteen or older ONLY THEN will I raise my eyebrows.

SO after wikipederinging I know a bit about her and the band and agree it's not the best look for Manson - especially being 'independent' now, he can't really say "Interscope made me do it" - this was his choice and he chose... poorly

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    What the fuck is "overneath" supposed to mean?

Is Manson making up words now?

What a twat.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    She is hot. can't imagine them not getting torn apart at the shows though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Oh yea they are gonna slaughtered by fans. Thing is MANSON always had shit openers.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Well, last time I saw Manson Turbonegro totally stole the show! But yeah, I can see that a lot of Manson's fans weren't too happy with some Norwegian death punk Nazi gayness and I don't think they'll be too happy with little Miss Runaway to radical for Disney Club there either.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Taylor Momsen...same girl that played Cindy lou Who is Ron Howard's How The Grinch Stole Christmas live action film. That's all I think of.

Make Me Wanna Die isn't a bad song to me at all but the rest of their output is bland to me and I think it's a horrible choice as an opening act for Manson, even this late in his career. In recent years I think Bleeding Through was the best act he's had as an opener, but then again that was when he co-headlined with Slayer for the 2007 Mayhem Festival.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Taylor Momsen is HOT. And she was hot at 17. Fun fact; 17 is legal in a LOT of states. Non-issue.

I also happened to catch The Pretty Reckless at Lollapalooza this year and they rocked. Should be a fun opener, especially what with all the topless nubile young hotties invited onstage during their encore and tossing their shirts up in the air at every show. Should be just about PERFECT for getting the blood-pumping for a Manson concert, actually!!!

Plus, as far as this tour being a celebration of Antichrist Superstar is concerned...I could think of less appropriate opening bands for the tour than a younger, hotter version of NY Loose, which was the original opening band for the Dead to the World Tour.

And, yes, Manson's making up words now. Welcome to every album Manson's ever made.

As for where exactly "overneath" might be?

Probably somewhere near the high end of low.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    great so a bunch of fat manson fans are gonna hop on stage and take their shirts off? enthusiasm through the roof.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Last I checked, Lollapalooza was held in CHICAGO last year...which is to say there were TONS of fatties in the crowd, I even saw them up front during the set for The Pretty Reckless.

It wasn't really a problem:

*SLURP*

Same goes for Manson shows.

You'll see TONS of fat chicks there, but THEY certainly aren't the ones getting singled out for backstage passes.

I can't BELIEVE I actually have to explain this to anyone.

o_O

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah this is a great choice for an opener.

Apparently Manson' down with the poser girl from Gossip Girl that turned 'goth'. Shout out to the creepy old guys in her band as well. Sigh, what a joke.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    My guess is he didn't think Evan Rachel Wood was a good enough singer and was getting too old, so he went younger and now we have this. Can't wait till they start dating, that'll make this thread even better.

EDIT: Regarding my original post, I didn't know it would incite so much when I started it. Sorry for fucking shit up in here.
    Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 02-20-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Wow, thanks for that video Haz.

Turned my opinion of her from apathetic to fully supportive. Sign me up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly, there is no way to actually defend such a horrible fucking choice for an opening band. This is a really, really dumb band.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiovoyr View Post
    Honestly, there is no way to actually defend such a horrible fucking choice for an opening band. This is a really, really dumb band.
    So, get the fuck over it? Maybe don't pay attention when they're on?

Why do people act like this is some terrible personal tragedy? Quit fucking whining. Go buy a beer or a t-shirt while the opener is on.

Or, just come onto message boards and incessantly bitch about it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Back in 98, when Hole hit the stage, I dipped out. Same for monster magnet. Consider it an intermission.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    is there a way to dislike a post?

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Why do people act like this is some terrible personal tragedy? Quit fucking whining. Go buy a beer or a t-shirt while the opener is on.

Or, just come onto message boards and incessantly bitch about it.
    Some people might think the opening band sucks, and they might say so. Why do you act like this is some terrible personal tragedy? Quit fucking whining. Go drink a beer and jack off while people speak their minds.

Or, just come onto message boards and incessantly defend anything tangentially related to Marilyn Manson.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Even as it stands, with videos and photos I'm still not in delight of them as opener. Oh well.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Discuss. (seems like a Soundwave festival setlist, 45mins-1hr duration)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Could easily be someone that just printed that up. I can make three of those for you if you want.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I wish Personal Jesus wouldn't have returned.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Last I checked, Lollapalooza was held in CHICAGO last year...which is to say there were TONS of fatties in the crowd, I even saw them up front during the set for The Pretty Reckless.

It wasn't really a problem: [insert lame video here]

Same goes for Manson shows.

You'll see TONS of fat chicks there, but THEY certainly aren't the ones getting singled out for backstage passes.

I can't BELIEVE I actually have to explain this to anyone.

o_O
    the chicks in that video looked absolutely retarded. kinda makes me want to make sure i have access to plenty of glass bottles suitable for hurling if i happen to be in the audience for something this stupid.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I highly doubt that's the setlist. He'd play at least Lunchbox or get your gunn from Portrait, and I'm sure there will be at least 1 new track.
    There would probably be one other shitty single from either THEOL or EMDM as well. We're not lucky enough to have a setlist that good in 2012.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    He didn't play anything from Portrait on THEOL tour

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    He didn't play anything from Portrait on THEOL tour
    Well, that`s a shame. That's his best album. Screw the 15th anniversary of ACSS, I want my portrait!

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Actually, while it's still two days before the show, the setlist looks more like soundcheck or rehearsal to me

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    the chicks in that video looked absolutely retarded. kinda makes me want to make sure i have access to plenty of glass bottles suitable for hurling if i happen to be in the audience for something this stupid.

Threatening dancing teenage girls with violence through a message board?!?

LOOK OUT, EVERYONE.
    WE'VE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Could easily be someone that just printed that up. I can make three of those for you if you want.
    Hell, I can get you a setlist by 3 o'clock. With new tracks.

Fucking amateurs.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    It's silly to assume it's fake.

It's the same setlist format they've used for several years now, sure, but the same Instagram user ALSO had images of Manson road-crates marked for Australia AND a brand new, era-specific tour-staff itinerary booklet.

NOT FAKE.

Cool setlist, too.

Wonder if they'll actually open with "Antichrist Superstar" or if it was a deliberately jumbled setlist just in case it DID leak like this.

Either way, it's gonna be a hell of a show!

:)