Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I so wish I wasn't 5 years old at that time period. This was the prime time and probably my favorite tour too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Still so glad I saw that tour, the ACSS tour, and the MA tour. Back when he was putting on must-see shows.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Still so glad I saw that tour, the ACSS tour, and the MA tour. Back when he was putting on must-see shows.
    The only shows I got around to seeing were Holy Wood tour in 2000, Lest we forget in 2005 and the 2008 one that came to Vancouver and played at that tiny theatre, queen elizibeth I beleive during the EMDM tour.

Out of the 3 I guess teh Holywood one was the best, still nothing compared to those other 2 tours, they would have been something!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    The only shows I got around to seeing were Holy Wood tour in 2000, Lest we forget in 2005 and the 2008 one that came to Vancouver and played at that tiny theatre, queen elizibeth I beleive during the EMDM tour.

Out of the 3 I guess teh Holywood one was the best, still nothing compared to those other 2 tours, they would have been something!

Ugh, you're all making me feel ancient. I saw him twice before fucking Smells Like Children came out. When he played "Sweet Dreams," we were all perplexed as to what the hell he was doing. On the upside, I did get to see some great shows. When I see 'net footage of him performing now, because I was sixteen years old when Antichrist came out, it feels like I'm at a high school reunion, and the class' most interesting kid—the one I thought would somehow make himself into something truly notable—got sidetracked sucking dick for blow and, now that he's ruined his life, he's working as hard as possible to make every day exactly like high school was. And I really want to tell the guy, "Man, you're fucking forty. Maybe lose the make up and we could work on getting you a job befitting your former potential."

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Ugh, you're all making me feel ancient. I saw him twice before fucking Smells Like Children came out. When he played "Sweet Dreams," we were all perplexed as to what the hell he was doing. On the upside, I did get to see some great shows. When I see 'net footage of him performing now, because I was sixteen years old when Antichrist came out, it feels like I'm at a high school reunion, and the class' most interesting kid—the one I thought would somehow make himself into something truly notable—got sidetracked sucking dick for blow and, now that he's ruined his life, he's working as hard as possible to make every day exactly like high school was. And I really want to tell the guy, "Man, you're fucking forty. Maybe lose the make up and we could work on getting you a job befitting your former potential."
    Well, I don think you are much older than I am. I am 28 now. I was 13 turning 14 when that tour came through. I do however have a funny story about that, I was living in Winnipeg at the time, and I was just coming back from a shopping trip with my mother and grandma, we drove past the theatre where the show was taking place, and we saw all the people dressed in black and church protestors and my grandma said to me jokingly, "you want to go to this show?" And my response was a very disgusted "pfft, nooo!" Haha. This was before I really got into music, I didn't know much of anything about Manson other than what the media was reporting on him, and the sweet dreams music video on rotation on much music. Later that year I finally started getting into music, but just your average radio rock. My very first album was the foo fighters "the colour and the shape" which was a great record though. It wasn't until the next school year, grade 9 when I met a friend who introduced me to manson, he made me buy antichrist superstar, and I loved it. Then 6-8 mths later mechanical animals came out. That was a good time to be a Manson fan!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I so wish I wasn't 5 years old at that time period. This was the prime time and probably my favorite tour too.
    "What I make is what I am, I can't be forever" is oddly prophetic given the main discussion going on here.