Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    OH! I really like that, wow!

I'm gonna wait to get a physical copy of album.
    Yeah this really got me to understand the whole thing. I like the concept alot!

I also haven't found Lanegan yet on the album. Also I don't know where's Nick Oliveri (maybe he's on bass in the songs where he's featured?). Elton John is obviously playing piano in Fairweather Friends.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah Queens have been disappointing with their guests lately. Really the only ones I hear is Trent (barely) in Kalopsia. And you can hear some Elton background vocals and I assume piano on Fairweather Friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Yeah Queens have been disappointing with their guests lately. Really the only ones I hear is Trent (barely) in Kalopsia. And you can hear some Elton background vocals and I assume piano on Fairweather Friends.
    I actually think Trent's contribution is fairly prominent. The rest? I honestly cannot hear anyone else on this album. Sure, I hear back-up singers on FFs, but I cannot tell them apart.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    On Fairweather Friends, I can't really tell who does the background vocals. Towards the end, I think Elton pops up and sings a line (noticeable one anyway). And i'm fairly certain that's Nick singing co-lead on Smooth Sailing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @Kas. Eh, it's at least audible but its kinda just a background shout. I was expecting a bit more I guess.
    @Piko . I think you are right about Nick, actually. Now that you point that out I definitely think that's him singing that "dueling back up" vocal.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Anyone else watching the live stream? Pretty awesome quality!

http://www.npr.org/event/music/18555...like-clockwork

So far, we've had Keep Your Eyes Peeled, You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, Sick Sick Sick, and currently on First it Giveth.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This live stream sounds fucking great!

Setlist so far (I'll update it)

Spoiler:
    Keep Your Eyes Peeled
    You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire
    Sick, Sick, Sick
    First It Giveth
    No One Knows

EDIT: God dammit Alrea...
    EDIT 2: My internet sucks, fuck it. I'll try to catch it on YouTube or whatever.
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 05-23-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Sounding great!!! can't wait to hear them live next October!

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Watch Queens of the Stone Age perform '...Like Clockwork' in its entirety on May 23
    Not gonna lie, I'm a bit disappointed that's not what's happening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Not gonna lie, I'm a bit disappointed that's not what's happening.
    Yeah, definitely was excited to see it performed front to back.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah. I was looking forward to the whole album instead of this mix, but it's still enjoyable. It's also neat to see that they're incorporating the video from likeclockwork.tv into the show.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I wish the stream was better quality. It constantly jumps around for me and everyone else I know that's watching.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I wish the stream was better quality. It constantly jumps around for me and everyone else I know that's watching.
    It's been pretty consistently HD for me. Every now and then it drops to lower quality, but the audio's been consistent.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Same here. Every once in a while it skips for a half second and throws off my tapping or humming, but that's about it. It's pretty stellar quality for a live stream.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Audio has been consistently perfect (although I have the volume on max and I could still do it for it to be a touch louder). The video streams perfectly however sometimes the colours skew off or the quality level gets slightly potatoey on me. No complaints, best live stream I've ever watched. It's been quite the cool internet event and for once the commenters on the feed have been more than tolerable which was nice to see. Looking like we won't get the whole new record performed though, which is of course disappointing. I didn't need to hear them play it in sequence, but I would have liked to have seen all 10 tracks in the set. That said the shows not over yet and smooth sailing just got busted out and it sounds beautiful.

Updated setlist;

keep your eyes peeled
    millionaire
    sick sick sick
    first it giveth
    no one knows
    my god is the sun
    i sat by the ocean
    the vampyre of time and memory

i never came
    kalopsia
    if i had a tail
    turnin on the screw
    burn the witch
    make it wit chu
    smooth sailing
    little sister
    i lost my headache
    go with the flow
    i appear missing

encore
    like clockwork
    feel good hit (amy winehouse rehab tease)
    song for the dead

Edit: We almost got the full record. Sans Fairweather Friends. I actually preferred it this way, since you didn't know when to expect the new songs, and since we got a ton of other money songs I never expected like I Never Came, which was awesome to hear. A double encore with FF as the closer would have been ridiculously epic, especially if they would have got some or most if not all of the album crew out to sing back up (alain, lanegan, elton, tr, brodie, and oliveri). I suppose that would have been asking too much from an already killer show. Just a stellar performance. New songs sounded tight, especially I Appear Missing.

Oh, and getting Alain as the opener was great. Loved his last record, really hit home for me. He's such an awesome guy. Getting to hear Making a Cross was a real highlight too.
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 05-24-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    "I blow my load over the status quo?"

that's hilarious/awesome

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Every once in a while it skips for a half second and throws off my tapping or humming, but that's about it.
    That's what I meant. "Constantly" was probably overstating it. It happens a couple times a minute though. But yes, overall it's pretty great quality.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    That's what I meant. "Constantly" was probably overstating it. It happens a couple times a minute though. But yes, overall it's pretty great quality.
    That's happened to me a few times... but it's very rare. I mean, it's only happened literally three times. Though it did just happen there as I was about to click "post reply," so I guess make that four.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah, the video skipped here and there, but the sound was consistent throughout for me.

Let me know if a HQ rip of the concert surfaces somewhere - the setlist, especially the second half, was stellar!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: QOTSA - ...Like Clockwork

Severe lack of s/t in that setlist. Guess they got burnt out from playing it in full a few years ago.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I changed my phone wallpaper.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

QOTSA - ...Like Clockwork

Just got back. Really good show, especially the visual aspects at certain parts of the show.

Didn't take picture of the shirts but they were cool looking and you get an album download too.

Love when Troy's guitar strap breaking off during 'Dead' and when his part came up he said "Fuck".

Good times and good night.

Last edited by virushopper; 05-24-2013 at 01:34 AM.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    That was the greatest performance by humans.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    any guess as to what those blacked out songs are? I dont think either is Smooth Sailing and I know that was played.
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 05-24-2013 at 02:46 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    any guess as to what those blacked out songs are? I dont think either is Smooth Sailing and I know that was played.
    I'm sure one (prolly #14) had to be Smooth Sailing, but shortened to 'Smooth' or 'Sailing'. I'll go out on a limb and say that #18 was 'Lost' (Art of Keeping a Secret)
    Last edited by Presideo; 05-24-2013 at 03:05 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    I'm sure one (prolly #14) had to be Smooth Sailing, but shortened to 'Smooth' or 'Sailing'. I'll go out on a limb and say that #18 was 'Lost' (Art of Keeping a Secret)
    Are you sure Lost Art of Keeping a Secret is played in C tuning?

Damn I missed the livestream. Hopefully someone taped it and gets it to youtube or something.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konkelo View Post
    Are you sure Lost Art of Keeping a Secret is played in C tuning?
    Yeah, there are other pics of QOTSA setlists that have the song as being played in C.

Honestly, any four-letter worded song played in C could be the scrapped #18: Avon, Deaf, Rope - I just assumed The Lost Art is the one they play the most.
    Last edited by Presideo; 05-24-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    It seems to me that 18 is just three letters. 'Art' fits. Also could be Era [Vulgaris] or Fun [Machine].

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Fun [Machine] is tuned in G, along with [Someones in the] Wolf - Era [Vulgaris] is certainly possible, though.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    18 was Avon?