Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Goddamn, that's beautiful.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    A very sweaty Josh Homme takes his guitar way into the weeds with a Vice (Noisey) reporter, and the results are fucking awesome (and at times hilarious). It's kind of like having your own mini guitar lesson.

Joeshit the Ragman.
    Last edited by Magtig; 05-30-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Totally just noticed the high frequency in Kalopsia. Damn it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Ordered the Deluxe Vinyl, expensive but worth it...

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Totally just noticed the high frequency in Kalopsia. Damn it.
    I hadn't noticed it until it was brought up here, and now I hear it, which is kind of annoying, but it'll go away. That reminds me of this thing that happened to me years ago when I was mixing down recordings of the band I was in. During the mixdown, suddenly, I heard the squeak of my kick pedal on the drum kit, and it quickly became the only thing I could hear in each track - not literally, but it stood out where before I never noticed it. No one else heard it, so I didn't dwell on it, and mixed down the rest of the CD.

To my horror, I put on a Cake CD later that week, and because my ears had been tuned to that kind of sound, I could hear the squeak of the kick pedal on every track on that album. It had always been there, but had essentially gotten lost in the mix before.

This began a long stint of me listening to strictly electronic music, as something of a palette cleaner.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can't hear it...

Though I have just heard the breathing (Trent's I presume) in the left headphone for the first time. Or is that what you're talking about?

The deluxe packaging is amazing. But I have to say I feel I feel ripped off that I bought the standard CD and it appears that there's nothing but a disc, not even a booklet (not arrived yet). Obviously didn't expect it to be anywhere near the quality of the deluxe, but nothing at all?? Cheap, and leaves a slight bitter after-taste on an album I've championed massively for the last two weeks.

The deluxe thing is at times getting out of hand now - Sabbath's album for instance has an extra 3 songs in the UK on the deluxe version - makes me think, what stopped you putting them on the CD in the first place you greedy bastards, certainly not time constraints. The UK review I've seen of the album is of the deluxe version, not the slimmed down 'standard' version. Won't be getting my cash, that's for sure.
    Last edited by simonn; 05-31-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    For the guitar players out there...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseprocedure View Post
    Top of the page...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the lyrics at the very end of I Appear Missing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Does anyone have the lyrics at the very end of I Appear Missing?
    Here:

Don't cry -
    With my toes on the edge it's such a lovely view

Inside -
    I never loved anything until I loved you

Confide -
    I'm over the edge, what can I do?

I've fallen through

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseprocedure View Post

Watching professional guitarists grin and geek out over their idols and influences never gets old. Someone should make a thread of it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    Good stuff. I'd like to know the reason for kicking Joey out of the band but have the feeling that won't be public for a long time. Definitely feel like he was their best drummer (besides Dave) & he was really nice when I met him.

Anyways, since the guys are doing interviews right & left in prep for the new album release, here's another one from Drowned In Sound... "OK, I’m just going to barf this out’."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ad infinitum View Post
    ...reason for kicking Joey out...
    I'm about 75% sure he left because of the heavy touring cycle with Queens and Eagles.

edit: okay, just read the DiS interview. That sucks...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Not only am I going to be at Live on Letterman on Weds, I was lucky enough to stop by Vintage Vinyl (which is 10 mins from my place in NJ) and pre-oredered the record earning me a wristband to the in store show Thurs night, the capacity there is probably around 150 people, I got so fucking lucky this week

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    not only am i going to be at live on letterman on weds, i was lucky enough to stop by vintage vinyl (which is 10 mins from my place in nj) and pre-oredered the record earning me a wristband to the in store show thurs night, the capacity there is probably around 150 people, i got so fucking lucky this week
    fuck you!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I finally got around to checking out the iTunes stream. Holy shit! This album is great.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Consequence of Sound just posted their review for ...Like Clockwork, and it highlights two different things for me.

First, despite my initial wariness when it was announced that this album is more personal, the lyrics on this album are goddamn awesome. How can they not be when it's chock full of lines like, 'It's only falling in love because you hit the ground,' 'holding on too long is just a fear of letting go, because not everything that goes around comes back around, you know,' and 'I blow my load over the status quo?'

Second, it highlights the stark difference between well written articles, and ridiculous try hard bullshit like this.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Consequence of Sound just posted their review for ...Like Clockwork, and it highlights two different things for me.

First, despite my initial wariness when it was announced that this album is more personal, the lyrics on this album are goddamn awesome. How can they not be when it's chock full of lines like, 'It's only falling in love because you hit the ground,' 'holding on too long is just a fear of letting go, because not everything that goes around comes back around, you know,' and 'I blow my load over the status quo?'

Second, it highlights the stark difference between well written articles, and ridiculous try hard bullshit like this.
    a few of my friends work for consequence of sound. it's definitely a well-run, intelligent music site (unlike so much of the bullshit around). they do live listening parties (which i didn't know about until recently) and webcast them. they have a lot of fun with it.

also, that is the best way to start an album review i've ever seen.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

That WAS a pretty good review. Maybe I was out of the loop, but I had no clue about all of that happening. It really puts a whole new twist on ...Like Clockwork that I didn't even consider before. Also, this is one of the best things I've ever seen.

"Queen of the Stone Age." "...Queens." "...Of the Stone Age."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to show some love for the line that closes the album:

"One thing that is clear, it's all downhill from here"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Great interview with Homme, discussing the new album:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013...like-clockwork

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've been looking for a good Queens shirt for a while (If anyone has a suggestion I would be quite interested) and the only one on their official store that I liked was the girl design but that's been sold out for years. Now that I have some money I've been looking again and I found the sperm design at Cafe Press. It's labeled under the Abortion Gifts/Abortion T-Shirts section...

http://www.cafepress.com/mf/30294572...ctId=391612966

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    What about any one of these? I have two shirts, a black Lullabies-era one with some hearts shooting out of a gun and a bright red Bulby tee.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Some of those are decent but I still like the sperm design better than any of those. I'd rather not have to order internationally too and it looks like those ship from Germany?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

QOTSA - ...Like Clockwork

Josh is the guest on today's Nerdist podcast.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    He was really funny. The Steve Perry stories killed me. And Rush Hour 3!
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-04-2013 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Paris

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So much better than the (albeit good) interview on Mohr Stories. Come to think of it, gimme a podcast of Josh and Dave Grohl just shooting the shit.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    I wonder how limited the deluxe vinyl release really is. I pre-ordered mine with UPS Ground and it's still "Processing" - although I can't really complain, I've been listening to it since the day it leaked.