Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Is that a good or bad thing?
    idk are tits good

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Boobs are a bit better, IMO.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tempted to buy tickets on Friday to see them in November. Sooooooooo tempted.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    Tempted to buy tickets on Friday to see them in November. Sooooooooo tempted.
    If I can lay my hands on some, I'm there!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Saw them live last night in Brussels and OH MY GOD IT WAS BRILLIANT. Definitely going to try to get tickets for November.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

QOTSA - ...Like Clockwork

Is there not a thread for invites to such sites? Pretty sure I've got a dime account I can check when I get home to see about invites
    On another note my girlfriend got me tickets to the glasgow show earlier, the email says standing, which is what I wanted and what she bought but she says her account says seating so i better get standing tickets or I'll be kicking up shit

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Got my ticket to see them in Glasgow in November! BOOM!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just bought my ticket for London Wembley Arena wooot!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    Just bought my ticket for London Wembley Arena wooot!!!
    Same here. Will be my first time seeing them, and it's going to be awesome!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    Go With The Flow gets me everytime

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hoping to get a Birmingham ticket tomorrow. What would be the difference between the pre-sale and the normal sale...?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    How does anyone skip "I Sat By The Ocean"? That song is one of their best...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The only one i skip is "My god is the sun" and i don't do it anyway because i want to listen the whole album!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    The only one i skip is "My god is the sun" and i don't do it anyway because i want to listen the whole album!
    After watching that acoustic thing right up there, my like for MGITS has grown. It's just a cool fuckin'g piece!

Are there any b-sides for this album?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Good question, Era Vulgaris had a bunch...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Apparently they were working on 19 songs for the album and only 10 made it to the final one. Josh hinted that some might be released but he didn't say anything concrete. I can grab a link to the article if anyone wants it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would be interested in seeing the article if possible

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I believe in one of the interviews linked in this very thread Josh hinted that the new album might come sooner than you'd think and it might be a sorta heavier/faster companion to Clockwork...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here's the article where he says they were working on 19 songs.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...work-follow-up

"Homme says QOTSA worked on 19 songs for "...Like Clockwork," with 10 making it to the album. As to the potential future for the other nine, however, Homme simply says, "I wish I could tell you that, man.""

And here's Josh talking about a follow up from a different article. He makes it sound more like a new album would be the light to Like Clockwork's dark.

http://www.nme.com/news/nme/70740

"Part of me thinks it would be great if this was the point-counterpoint that 'The Idiot' and 'Lust For Life' are, y'know?" he said. "I love those records so much; they came out in a quick period of time. 'The Idiot' is very dark and 'Lust For Life' is sorta like 'Tah-daaah!' I would love to answer this album with a 'Tah-dah!' at some point."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    Here's the article where he says they were working on 19 songs.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...work-follow-up

"Homme says QOTSA worked on 19 songs for "...Like Clockwork," with 10 making it to the album. As to the potential future for the other nine, however, Homme simply says, "I wish I could tell you that, man.""
    Hadn't seen that one, thanks!

As a massive Queens fanboy I've been fairly reserved in terms of my opinion of ...Like Clockwork, giving it time enough to really sink in.

The album is awesome, and in a year of some amazing music this collection of songs still shines as some of the best. In regards to the music itself, you have real Era Vulgaris-like arrangements dressed with tones and sounds of the TCV record wrapped in the dark haze of LTP.

With that being said this album still breaks new ground for Queens. The lyrics are more direct than ever before, and there's a real sense of vulnerability within the songs (not just the slow ones, these aren't really new for the band; see: I Never Came, Into the Hollow, Running Joke etc.) Fairweather Friends and I Appear Missing being good examples of this.

After listening to this album I really hope Josh hooks up with Bowie at some point in the future, this album really wears it's influences on it's sleeve and it's clear the guys had been listening to a lot of Alladin Sane/Ziggy Stardust/Diamond Dogs during the making of the record.

In terms of where this album sits among the rest, I agree with others when I say it's not really important. I love this band so much that I think every album is essential. Within the context of music history, Rated R and Songs for the Deaf will always be the band's classics, whether this means "best".... I don't know. My favourite album remains Era Vulgaris (each song sounds like they had an initial idea and really just smashed it and bent it into the shape of a song, I love it) but ...Like Clockwork is fantastic and was without a doubt worth the wait.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    B'ham tickets bought. Just remembered I still haven't seen Song For The Dead live. It's gotta happen this time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    That's so funny because My God Is The Sun is also the song I am most tempted to skip when listening. It's not even that i don't like it, because everytime I listen to it I really enjoy it, but everytime it comes on I have the urge to skip it like I'm not in the mood for it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Dot-Yung View Post
    That's so funny because My God Is The Sun is also the song I am most tempted to skip when listening. It's not even that i don't like it, because everytime I listen to it I really enjoy it, but everytime it comes on I have the urge to skip it like I'm not in the mood for it.
    I agree i think the song is awesome in the album context, yet as a sole tune it bored me to death, now i understand it's gives the album "movement"

Also funny: "Fairweather friends" used to be my second least favorite track from the album... now it's one of my favorites! scary how much i relate to the lyrics!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think My God is the Sun is easily the weakest song on the album. Fairweather Friends and Smooth Sailing are still my favorites.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i love my god is the sun... not sure what anyone's beef with it is. it feels the most like classic queens to me, while still moving forward.

also, that "HUH!" near the end is super sexy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I can't stop listening to this album. Took me completely by surprise. I'm a huge fan of RATED R but this album might be there best for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    Got my ticket to see them in Glasgow in November! BOOM!
    Same here, man. HYPED.