Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Shame, loved the USB idea...

Maybe the price would make more sense if it'll have the whole QUOTSA discography (and still the shipping does not make sense...)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This might be worth if you went in with a friend and spent $25/each and each kept one of the flash drives, but... I can't really justify the price as is.

I hope someone uploads the contents though.

Also on a somewhat related note, I hope more music starts getting released on USB. It's so much cooler than digital download.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    This might be worth if you went in with a friend and spent $25/each and each kept one of the flash drives, but... I can't really justify the price as is.

I hope someone uploads the contents though.

Also on a somewhat related note, I hope more music starts getting released on USB. It's so much cooler than digital download.
    Same here. I would pay $30 for the band's entire discography in a USB drive if it comes with cool content, some rarities, and all of Josh Homme's other projects. I'd pay $50 or more for the entire NIN discography. Didn't the Beatles recently did that a few years ago w/ the release of their 2009 remasters with an Apple as the USB flash drive?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Same here. I would pay $30 for the band's entire discography in a USB drive if it comes with cool content, some rarities, and all of Josh Homme's other projects. I'd pay $50 or more for the entire NIN discography. Didn't the Beatles recently did that a few years ago w/ the release of their 2009 remasters with an Apple as the USB flash drive?
    Yes they did...

It was a cool experiment and i don't mind this new format... And i agree: so much cooler than a digital download...

Still, it was odd that they decided to release "...like clockwork" in this format... There's already the CD, 2 different Vinyls and Download... perhaps they are trying to cover the lack of artwork and lyric sheet for the digital and CD versions?
    Now that i think, this release reminds me a lot of "With Teeth" by NIN a few years ago (Shit, it feels like a few months ago...!), i remember the controversy that that record caused for the lack of a simple booklet...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 07-10-2013 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Lack of booklet...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Official Lollapalooza "after" show (on Thursday? isn't that "pre"?)

http://do312.com/event/2013/08/01/qu...-the-stone-age

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I saw this...I want to go so badly. I got to goto the Foo Fighters one two years ago at the Metro, it was incredible.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I've been so tempted to fly to one of their November European shows around Germany/Belgium area...

Just as I was about to start booking 'n shit, I learn that Sigur Ros are touring the same area at the very same dates.
    Excitement level went through the roof, and so did the complexity of a travel route which has be completely redone.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Failed in my ticket attempts for the Metro...sucks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Yeah, me too. Was at the onsale page when it started counting down with less than a minute left, still didn't get any.

Going to try the "hope somebody's purchase failed" trick & keep reloading the page for a while.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    i could have gotten two tickets (my fiancee really wanted to come with me) but they were way more than i thought they'd be ($53 with charges) so she told me to just get one. guess i should have stuck with two and brought you as my guest. sorry, dude.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    No problem! I had a ticket to the Chelsea/Inter Milan match in Indy as well for that night...so I guess I can go to Lolla with my friends on Friday instead of going by myself. Saved some money.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    if anyone got a spare ticket PLEASE Message me! i was on like 10 min before hand and i still did not get one and I am dying to see them at the metro. Haven't missed a queens show since songs for the deaf era

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    November 28, O2 World, Hamburg.
    See ya'll there.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    anyone going to Munich?

Random QOTSA:

Most underrated song in their discography. even the re-recorded version on Lullabies can't do it any justice. Killer track!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this... But if you go upstairs at the black heart pub in camden town on the evening of august 22, nick oliveri will be doing an acoustic show. Venue can hold a hundred or so tops so get there early if you fancy it

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ...Like Clockwork, the track itself, is still holding itself high as my favorite Queens track of all time. It's one of those tracks that will just pop into my head when i least expect it, and i'll be whistling the tune all day long. I actually had a dream recently where i was in, and a part of, the ending of Nevil Shute's bleak, end of the world novel, "On the Beach", and that as the last few minutes of everything happened, this song was playing in the background.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I hear you! "not everything that goes around, comes back around you know" keeps popping up in my head a lot these days and has me in a confusing state. Great song with some James Lavelle magic and the best closing the album could wish for.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Was this ever posted? Shame if not because it's pretty awesome, even for a Robin Thicke cover. I love the usage of bottles of pills as shakers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think I mentioned being sorely disappointed in that choice for a cover... what a horrible song/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I think I mentioned being sorely disappointed in that choice for a cover... what a horrible song/
    Well, the song never was an award winner. Robin Thicke's lyrics aren't entirely endearing nor monumental but it was fun to watch QOTSA play with it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I actually like that song and Queens' cover is actually pretty good. It's one of the few pop songs that is out there that is very good.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I agree. I'm wearing this out. I've been listening to it a lot on headphones in a quiet room lately, and things like the breaking of Homme's voice at the beginning of "Vampire" are killing me. Whyyyyy didn't I buy that Brooklyn ticket and make the trek? I can't think of many concerts I'd rather see now than of this album, front-to-back.

I found the QOTSA fan board today, to see if anybody over there thinks this is the first half to a double album. They do. I have more hope.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I agree. I'm wearing this out. I've been listening to it a lot on headphones in a quiet room lately, and things like the breaking of Homme's voice at the beginning of "Vampire" are killing me. Whyyyyy didn't I buy that Brooklyn ticket and make the trek? I can't think of many concerts I'd rather see now than of this album, front-to-back.
    yeah, uh, not to rub it in, but that was probably one of my best concert experiences ever :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Qotsa

I like Like Clockwork like a lot...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post

I found the QOTSA fan board today, to see if anybody over there thinks this is the first half to a double album. They do. I have more hope.
    As great as a second album this year would be, it makes absolutely no sense, and we'd know about it officially by now if it was coming in September. That's the problem with record labels- they actually have to announce shit, or else they lose a TON of money.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I didn't say anything about September, or even this year. But OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am still in love with this album. When it leaked I probably listened to it 5 times a day for a 2 weeks, and it is still on very heavy rotation. I love the new album by The Knife a lot, but this will probably be my album of the year... unless all of Hesitation Marks is as bad ass as Copy of A.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I finally got around to listening to Like Clockwork from start to finish, and I liked a lot of what I heard the two times I listened. For me, I had some mixed feelings at first but at the same time it feels like an album that has to grow on me. I really need to sit down and absorb it more so I can hear a lot of other sounds I am sure I overlooked.

What I like about Queens is that they are able to possess the sound they had lets say from "Songs For The Deaf" but still evolve and mix them very well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The documentary on Songs For The Deaf went up. I really recommend it, it's a great insight.