Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Random, just felt like posting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    I'm pretty sure ...Like Clockwork will be my Album of the Year. Every time I listen to it I realise there's something that I missed on the previous listen that gives it even more depth and power. It's been awhile since I enjoyed a rock album this much.
    Only HM can beat it for me now...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Bits & bobs...

Filter interview- Queens of the Stone Age: Rules of the Road
    Forbes article- How Queens of the Stone Age Hit #1 on an Indie Label
    New covers album from Olivier Libaux (guy from Nouvelle Vague)- Uncovered QOTSA (several tracks/video up for streaming)

Also, I think the guys are on Jimmy Kimmel tonight.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the show last night was awesome. didn't get to stay the whole time, but i heard everything i wanted to hear (except "the sky is falling"), so i took off when my legs couldn't stand it anymore (i helped my friends move for 6.5 hours on wednesday).

also, the artist who made these posters was screen-printing the black ink before the show, and giving them out for free to people on their way out. i just happened to have an extra frame that was the perfect size.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That's so cool. Damn, would be awesome to own one of those even with the fact the person who made them were giving it to you personally.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Gah... Really wish I could have made it to that show.

I'm trying to watch the lollapalooza stream now but it's laggy as fuck. I could understand why the Japan stream on a proxxy for NIN was so laggy but why is the lolla stream with only 12,000 viewers lagging so badly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ok, so it's not just my connection....because I've had a long work day and was really looking forward to watching some Queens, not 10sec blips of songs with huge drop outs...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Maybe both of our connections just blow but I'm watching some Dota streams and it's fine for the most part. Hopefully it smooths out before the NIN stream.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    it's going fairly smooth for me. drops out for a second here and there, nothing major though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    it's going fairly smooth for me. drops out for a second here and there, nothing major though.
    I just started the stream again fresh to try it and it played 10 seconds of I think I lost my Headache, then goes into Song for the Dead, back to I think I lost my Headache after 10 seconds, now back to Song for the Dead, then the stream froze for 30 seconds, now they're waving goodbye. The skips weren't chronological in the time of the song either. I've never had a stream flip flop randomly like that before.
    Last edited by Zipfinator; 08-02-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    I've never had a stream flip flop randomly like that before.
    My stream from the NIN Fuji show was doing that last week when I tried refreshing the page. It's just jumping back and forth between live streaming, and picking up again from where it froze. Just click the little "live" button and it should stay live.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    That's so cool. Damn, would be awesome to own one of those even with the fact the person who made them were giving it to you personally.
    yeah...too bad my fiancee hates it. haha. she has a thing about a) eyeballs and b) art that makes her "uncomfortable" so i have to find somewhere to hang it where she'll never see it. right now it's in the corner of the dining room because we never actually eat in there. hahaha

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah...too bad my fiancee hates it. haha. she has a thing about a) eyeballs and b) art that makes her "uncomfortable" so i have to find somewhere to hang it where she'll never see it. right now it's in the corner of the dining room because we never actually eat in there. hahaha
    hahaha, I know exactly what you mean -- I got the deluxe edition of the vinyl for this album, which has all sorts of amazing, beautiful art in it, and I just want to display it, but my wife is like "it's fucking weird and creepy" -- so now its sitting on a bookshelf :-(

At least "Low" is still hanging proud on the wall

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You poor bastards. My wife thinks your ladies suck!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man the crowd for the lolla set sucked! I was trying to get to the front by saying "excuse me" to everyone to get there since the majority were just standing there and everyone was letting me go but some random guy grabbed me by the neck from the side and told me I couldn't go in front of him. That guy was only taking pictures and left like 4 songs into the set. but yeah, hearing make it wit chu live was awesome. Josh seemed to be in a pretty good mood while he was talking to the audience and everything. Does anybody know if there is a rip from the show floating online or anything?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^ I was looking for the rip too, but it seems nothing has appeared yet...

I hope this show gets uploaded, i missed it yesterday and i was only able to watch the NIN set...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm going to see these guys tomorrow. I'm so unbelievably stoked! What kind of merch did they have at the Metro show? Anything special, other than the sweet art above?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    at the metro they had an exlusive poster which someone posted eariler and an exclusive shirt along with the other concert usuals such shirts and koozies for drinks and stuff. lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was actually disappointed in the QOTSA merch at Lollapalooza. Don't understand why 90's & later bands feel the need to put out all vintage 70s looking merch. Alice in Chains cost themselves a sale the last time I saw them for the same reason.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    KC tonight was pretty awesome... cant wait for Council Bluffs tomorrow... or today... however you look at it! Luckily this is a much shorter drive from Omaha. The merch booth for KC didnt have much but I am betting that is because it was a mini festival type of a thing. They had standard and deluxe vinyl for 20 and 45... shirts were I think around 30 and they had a bandana for 10. I didnt catch how much the cds were and no poster for that show. I am hoping they have an exclusive poster for CB. I will try to remember to snap a picture of the merch booth tomorrow. Getting there around 1 to try to get a better spot this time.

Last edited by cheeseprocedure; 08-04-2013 at 04:10 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I am uploading a bunch of video that I shot and will post a link after I get it all up. For now I wanted to post pics of the merch booth for those going to shows in the next couple days. If anyone got an extra poster for the Council Bluffs show, please shoot me a PM, we were told there would be no posters and they were sold out by the time we started seeing people walk around with them. Also, We asked the sound guy for a setlist and he ended up giving us a setlist for the Lollapalooza show, so if anyone was there and would want to swap for it shoot me a pm!

The hoody at the end is $40, I noticed it was a bit hard to see. They actually had 3xl in that and the standard black tour shirt!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Here is a video with the first few songs and a link to a playlist with the rest of the video from my S3 phone. I have more video from another phone that I will be uploading one of these days as well... it fills a few gaps but not all.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 91NJJ3FAU0

Last edited by cheeseprocedure; 08-05-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    What was the "Deluxe vinyl"? I paid $40 online for my LP and all it had was a nifty blue cover instead of a red one
    The Deluxe was 180gram vinyl with an art book inside the gatefold. The blue cover, in theory, will actually be harder to come by later on.... beings the Deluxe copies are still readily available.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    What was the "Deluxe vinyl"? I paid $40 online for my LP and all it had was a nifty blue cover instead of a red one
    the blue cover is the "indie exclusive" version of the album. that's what it said on the matador website.

also, the hoodie is AWESOME (i almost bought one) but it's really thin, so i felt like $40 was a bit much.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Lol at the red undies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Also, was anyone else disappointed that both Trent and Josh completely blew a perfect opportunity to perform Kalopsia/Fairweather Friends/Era Vulgaris/Mantra together at Lola?

I mean, holy predictable festival setlist, guys.
    crossing my fingers that they do something in Philly when I'm there, maybe Trent didn't want to do anything just because it was NIN's first US show in a couple years

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    I suspect there's a lot of prep work requiring oversight that makes jumping from stage to stage difficult when you're the headlining act.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Or you can choose to have a positive perspective.

Perhaps the product they really wanted to release was the deluxe version. But they realized that not all fans could afford $45 for vinyl. So they created a much-more affordable version, without the art/lyrics book, so that the vinyl was more accessible to all their fans.

And they really love indie stores and want to support them in any way they can, so they created a limited cover with a different color, to drive as many customers as possible to the indies.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Thanks for the link! Some really good shit he's spinning there!