Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2035

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Last thing they tweeted also points towards a possible warm-up show in L.A.
    Maybe they'll open for Faith No More's surprise show tonight.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Seeing them tomorrow night!!!!!!

(9/10)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New song by the Eagles of Death Metal is out. Here's a link to it and a cool interview with Homme too.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...esome-20150917

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The band members of Eagles of Death Metal are safe: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...osion-20151113
    this is messed up

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    The band members of Eagles of Death Metal are safe: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...osion-20151113
    this is messed up
    I'm glad they are. Shame about the 150 music fans that were lost today.

Fucking morons. This is why I think religious fanatics and terrorism groups at large who preach their ilk on religion suffer mental illnesses.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Shame about the 150

Fucking morons. This is why I think religious fanatics and terrorism groups at large who preach their ilk on religion suffer mental illnesses.
    This, thank you. In a band or not damn shame what happened in Paris tonight. Thoughts and prayers to all their families and loved ones who have to go through this nightmare.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    this is messed up
    The merchandise manager for the band was one of the victims at the Bataclan

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ttack-20151114

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    VICE posted their interview with EODM today. It's a pretty tough, emotional watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Watched this this morning, pretty raw account of what happened, must have been terrifying.
    You can plainly see what a massive effect it had on all those who speak on the clip.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Josh Homme to play a prominent role on the new Iggy Pop album http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/ar...sion.html?_r=1

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Josh Homme to play a prominent role on the new Iggy Pop album http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/ar...sion.html?_r=1
    i am very very excited for this.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    My head just exploded

Dear fucking God on Heaven and Earth I am going to always be annoyed at not getting to see the tour they're doing

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    My head just exploded

Dear fucking God on Heaven and Earth I am going to always be annoyed at not getting to see the tour they're doing
    Keep your head intact. At least until after tonight's Colbert show.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Nice, i can't wait to listen to the album, i also read they are going to play "Success" live, i'm also crossing my fingers for a Bowie song.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Nice, i can't wait to listen to the album, i also read they are going to play "Success" live, i'm also crossing my fingers for a Bowie song.
    INDEED!!!! Josh Homme on an album for Iggy. Oh, I hope Trent gets involved as well.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    INDEED!!!! Josh Homme on an album for Iggy. Oh, I hope Trent gets involved as well.
    it seems like it's already done, so i doubt it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Stories have said only other studio musicians are Dean and drummer from Arctic Monkeys. Imagine this is true, but who knows.

Super stoked for this. I can't wait. Really hoping to catch the tour.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I was damn impressed with the Colbert performance and am loving Gardenia. The old guy's still got an ace up his sleeve and I bet this is gonna be a really great album.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I thought it was the KYUSS song, lol...

Great track, keep em coming!

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Nice, they also got Matt Sweeney in on bass. Hope this lineup stays on for the tour, they sound flippin' awesome. Can't believe this is actually happening!

Goddamn, I hope I get to see Iggy at Massey Hall again. When I saw him play there in '08 with the O.G. Stooges (Scotty and Ron, RIP) , Fucked Up opened the show! You can see Damian hug Iggy at the end of that clip I just linked. So many great memories...
    Last edited by botley; 01-22-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    This is so exciting, and I love "Success" (here comes my Chinese rug, LOL). We saw the Stooges Detroit reunion show and we've seen Iggy solo 4 times (this one was the first "date" with my husband), but this sounds really awesome because Iggy seems so re-energized by this project and by Homme. God bless Josh Homme, this is gonna be fucking awesome, one for the ages.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-22-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Yes. As excited as I initially was for the Williamson-era Iggy & The Stooges re-re-formation, it seemed like eventually they ran out of gas. By the end, they were just playing whatever... I saw them at Riot Fest in 2013, when the Replacements first got back together (so they were headlining, not Iggy), and he was just like "how much time we got left... you wanna hear The Passenger?" And we were like, um, sure Iggy, that's not a Stooges song, but okay.

This project seems like it should be a short but very intense period, like Them Crooked Vultures was for Josh.
    Last edited by botley; 01-22-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Homme's contributions are really, really apparent on that one. The mixing seems a lot more lo-fi than I've gotten used to with most things these days, but it seems to fit the material pretty well. On both songs now his backing vocals have melded wonderfully with Iggy's lead.

A lot of this seems built to go into the live arena more than anything; I'm definitely jealous of everyone who gets to see them on their tour. Should be a really unforgettable time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Homme's contributions are really, really apparent on that one. The mixing seems a lot more lo-fi than I've gotten used to with most things these days, but it seems to fit the material pretty well. On both songs now his backing vocals have melded wonderfully with Iggy's lead.

A lot of this seems built to go into the live arena more than anything; I'm definitely jealous of everyone who gets to see them on their tour. Should be a really unforgettable time.
    I'm really curious what the tour will look like, as far as what areas they are hitting and whatnot.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ZOMG

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Oh wow Chicago Theater is an awesome venue. So is the Fox Theater in Detroit.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I have such a passionate loathing for the fact that so many bands seem to think Miami = all of Florida.

Really hoping there's some sort of pro-shot of this, or at least a really great fan edit or something. This is one of those rare occasions where I'm vastly more interested in the live incarnation of something than the album itself (not that I'm not excited for the album).