Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 2035

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listened to the new album again. Still awful. Josh Homme was right..."it's all downhill from here ".

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Back in the day QOTSA were the only band that my mother wouldn't freak out over and which she did enjoy in some parts. Yesterday while driving in the car, she told me to turn that god awful stuff off... Well, I'm still spinning this record, but I think I will give up at the end of this week. I'm really a little bit heartbroken that I hate this record so much, but no, it's just not for me anymore.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    that ridiculous pre-recorded/sequenced snare clap throughout the song was super annoying. ugh. Thanks Mark Ronson.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    that ridiculous pre-recorded/sequenced snare clap throughout the song was super annoying. ugh. Thanks Mark Ronson.
    That's actually Jon's left foot triggering it. And at 3:23, 3:27, and 3:54 are some examples where he adds some claps (intentional or not, I dunno).

This confirms a drummer has the most complicated job on stage. lul

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    ok, that helps me tolerate it a bit. That being said, it's still annoying and unnecessary. Of course Jon is a beast though, no one is disputing that.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    But he has one of the best heavy-ass LIVE drum sounds in the business (cf. One Day As a Lion) so the fact that they have him basically triggering samples as one of his primary duties is... odd, to say the least.

Also, this is a much, much, much better performance of the song:

http://www1.wdr.de/radio/1live/video...to-do-100.html
    Last edited by botley; 08-29-2017 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Thanks for the quote, missed that one initially.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Listened to the album last night. I quite enjoyed it, and while it doesn't reach the crushing depths and soaring highs of ...Like Clockwork, there's definitely an uneasiness to it that flows beneath the glossy sheen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Dunno how long it's going to last:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Now on sale on iTunes:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Right now a live version of "Fortress" has replaced the studio one on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/2MZUMdIakjQxl03yT1UlmQ

Weird.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Right now a live version of "Fortress" has replaced the studio one on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/2MZUMdIakjQxl03yT1UlmQ

Weird.
    Is there a way to download the live version? I'd be interested in having that.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)

Weird.
    Did you download a live version of Fortress? Because the last time I saw someone say something like this, it wasn't actually the live version on Spotify, it was a local copy of a live version, which Spotify defaulted to, instead of the official stream.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was buying it regardless but kinda shitty to go on sale a few days after everyone that preordered for the full price got the album...

surprised at the reception the album is getting. Pre-release/leak reactions were positive. Post release, mostly negative from what I've seen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    https://www.franceinter.fr/emissions...p-28-aout-2017

Live acoustic on french national radio station (A lot of Josh asking the anchor to translate).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Bought it on HDtracks because hey I paid for this HD music player with the awesome cans, I better get some use out of it. So amazing.

The 20% coupon helped.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I was buying it regardless but kinda shitty to go on sale a few days after everyone that preordered for the full price got the album...
    I had listened to the official YouTube audio version of the album a few times at work Monday & Tuesday & liked enough of it that I wanted to pick it up, ran out of new podcasts on the way out of work Tuesday so I went ahead & got it, & then Tuesday night when I saw it on sale I was like, goddamit, should waited.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Pro shot of Domesticated Animals: https://streamable.com/ownfs

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Hearing all the acoustic performances and spending a bit of time getting to know the nuances of this record has improved my estimation of it immensely. It's worth putting in some time if you haven't got into it yet.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Damn, your'e right. That's so odd, I've never experienced Spotify doing that before. I moved the live file I downloaded and now it's back to the regular version. Thanks for the help there!

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Did you download a live version of Fortress? Because the last time I saw someone say something like this, it wasn't actually the live version on Spotify, it was a local copy of a live version, which Spotify defaulted to, instead of the official stream.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So far i have to say Villains is not knocking me on my ass the way Like Clockwork did, very different album which isn't bad but i don't know why i feel so disappointed in the way it sounds? perhaps i was expecting more of a continued energy.

Needs a lot more time to sink in no doubt.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    It's always strange how, with literally every queens record that comes out I don't really like it. I always wish it sounded like the previous record, and then when the next record comes out I wish it sounded like the previous one and so on.

Like Clockwork is a good record guys, I wish Villains sounded like it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If someone has some more "permanent" versions of these recent acoustic sessions that don't live on a website, could I please get a PM?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    QOTSA Archive on Facebook has all the recent ones.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    If someone has some more "permanent" versions of these recent acoustic sessions that don't live on a website, could I please get a PM?

Thanks!
    Count me in too. I'd buy them if I could. I happen to really like Villains, but I also spent a lot of time listening to it and let it sink in and grow on me. ...Like Clockwork is still my favorite, but this album has some GREAT songs on it (Feet Don't Fail Me Now, Fortress, The Evil Has Landed, Villains of Circumstance). If you're not digging it, give it a break and then give it another chance. I really don't understand why so many people here seem to dislike it so much...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Count me in too. I'd buy them if I could. I happen to really like Villains, but I also spent a lot of time listening to it and let it sink in and grow on me. ...Like Clockwork is still my favorite, but this album has some GREAT songs on it (Feet Don't Fail Me Now, Fortress, The Evil Has Landed, Villains of Circumstance). If you're not digging it, give it a break and then give it another chance. I really don't understand why so many people here seem to dislike it so much...
    Mark Ronson made the production sound bad compared to their past work. I'm blaming him, anyway

I actually love the record (except for much of the single, that thing initially had me terrified for the rest of it a few months ago), it's just a bit tinny or "weak" compared to QOTSA's signature sound.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'd also like this if someone has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    the paris session is on dime too, so it's lossless.
    Last edited by armogi; 08-31-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    That's actually Jon's left foot triggering it. And at 3:23, 3:27, and 3:54 are some examples where he adds some claps (intentional or not, I dunno).

This confirms a drummer has the most complicated job on stage. lul
    Yep. He first did this

As for Villains, well... I have listened to all of their albums a bazillion times each. I was a huge fan of ...Like Clockwork and I wanted it to become as famous as Arctic Monkeys' AM at the time. I kept saying that "Fairweather Friends" was one of the greatest rock songs of the 2010s.

And then Villains comes along and makes my jaw drop to the floor.

This is it, man. After the hell that Homme went through in the years between Era Vulgaris and ...Like Clockwork, he and the rest of the band sorely needed to have fun. And I don't mind that he went the ultra-mainstream route by grabbing Mark Ronson, as I admire his work quite a lot. The absence of guest stars is also a refreshing change of pace. I still had my reservations about this collaboration; it could either make or break the record. And, for me, it made it. I enjoyed the hell out of Villains. And I still do, as I type this. It makes me tap my foot, bang my knees, sing the lyrics, go la-la-la.

If this is the record that makes QOTSA bigger than ever, so be it. They totally deserve it.