Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    the main thing that "bothers" me about EV is that it isn't "desert rock" enough for QOTSA. And I think EV as a track is the best of the album although it isn't on the album. The whole album should've been like that. And TCV definitely had an impact on Dave too.. Just listen to Caligulove and then to Arlandria.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was visited by JHomme in my dreams again the other night, he said it would be out in a few weeks... if I am a vessel for QOTSA goodness, I do not mind. Getting freaked out a bit by the fact that I'm having reoccurring dreams about this album though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    My guess is 9 p.m. on 3/9 (both clues featured 999 = three 9s = 3/9, plus the clock on 9).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    help i keep ringing up the emergency services (999, get it??) askinjg 'is this where i buy the new qotsa (i prounouce it 'qwotsa') album??' and they're tehreating to send the police to me if i do not stop

josh???? why

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Essentially the same message with an extra number nine. I guess this album won't be as gratuitously overproduced a la Era Vulgaris?
    Also, damn the post above, new thumbnail on the same video got me excited...
    edit: All of the watches point to nine as well...
    Last edited by scorpiusdiamond; 02-12-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Is this what you're talking about?

What do you mean, an extra 9? I only see the repetition of the three 9s again. (Plus the 9s on the clocks.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Is this what you're talking about?

What do you mean, an extra 9? I only see the repetition of the three 9s again. (Plus the 9s on the clocks.)
    Yep. 'Cloud 9'.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Well, it's not really an "extra" 9.

Mojo magazine had the three 9s (hidden in the lashes), the clock on 9, and also mentioned "a stitch in time will save you 9."

I just want to know what that cursive word is, which keeps showing up. Looks like it begins with a p. Was in Mojo's clock face, the shoulder of the bunny's jacket, and now the side of the palm. Edit: It's probably the artist's name, I'd guess.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 02-12-2013 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

One that the NME failed to publish last year.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I hadn't noticed before that there's a repeating "3" in these as well... not just the three 9's (which are in the guy's head tattoo in this one).

In the NME ad, his earrings form the number 3. The Kerrang has three fingers with nail polish. The Uncut has a rabbit with three eyes. I don't know where 3 is in the Mojo one, besides the three 9s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NME did an article about this, and it said that the date that made most sense was June 9th, Download is 14-16 so it fits.

It's a Sunday, but MBV released theirs on a Sunday so it might be cool to do it now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "A Stitch In Time Will Save You 9 But" "Some Things You Just Can’t Fix So" "If You Find" "You’re Out Of Time Then…"
    Guessing there's a bit more to come?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    ... here is album number 6!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Just found out last night that they're playing Squamish festival near me, went to their site to check out tour dates and what the hell is going on? Can someone give me a TL;DR of this crazy new album stuff?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Just found out last night that they're playing Squamish festival near me, went to their site to check out tour dates and what the hell is going on? Can someone give me a TL;DR of this crazy new album stuff?
    There's going to be a bunch of guests on it, including TR and Dave Grohl and many others, but we don't know when it's coming out.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kas23 View Post
    There's going to be a bunch of guests on it, including TR and Dave Grohl and many others, but we don't know when it's coming out.
    Any clues or hints as to when? They've got a lot of festivals coming up, I'd put money on it coming out this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Josh said before Download Festival, which is early June. I stated earlier NME said June 9th is likely, so I stick by that.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Add another person to the guest list: Josh Freese' dad.

Josh Freese
    It's not everyday I'm envious of my Dads tuba gigs. But tonight he's in the studio with The Queens Of The Stone Age playing on another one of their records. Go Dad! #tubazar #tubatree #carnationplaza #speedo #desertrock #stonertuba #iwantmytenpercent

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Add another person to the guest list: Josh Freese' dad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's cool. I'm hyped for this Queens album after hearing Mantra and Centipede from the Sound City album. Hope Josh is bringing back the edgy sound to his music.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Hope Josh is bringing back the edgy sound to his music.
    Did Sick, Sick, Sick and Misfit Love pass you by then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why do so many fans hate on Era Vulgaris? I understand that everyone likes different albums for different reasons, but I've been a QOTSA fan since Rated Argh, and EV was an instant classic to me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I don't understand the hate for Era Vulgaris. While I think Rated R and Songs for the Deaf are the band's most defining work but Era Vulgaris is just a fucking awesome album. It's what I love in hard rock music and metal. It just goes for it with riffs. Songs like "I'm Designer" has melodies, crunch, and power. It reminded me of some of that good ol' 70s hard rock. How can anyone not love the rhythmic drive of "Run Pig Run"?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    God yeah, don't forget Turnin On The Screw, I'm Designer, Battery Acid and Era Vulgaris. What about Them Crooked Vultures? There are some incredibly acidic lyrics on that album. Sheesh. Josh has always had an edge, maybe you need to stop listening to the singles.
    /rant

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I don't understand the hate for Era Vulgaris. While I think Rated R and Songs for the Deaf are the band's most defining work but Era Vulgaris is just a fucking awesome album. It's what I love in hard rock music and metal. It just goes for it with riffs. Songs like "I'm Designer" has melodies, crunch, and power. It reminded me of some of that good ol' 70s hard rock. How can anyone not love the rhythmic drive of "Run Pig Run"?
    I enjoy a lot of Era Vulgaris, but a lot of the songs like Run Pig Run sound unfinished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    The band tweeted their site link.

Is something happening?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    The band tweeted their site link.

Is something happening?
    Obviously since nothing is showing or loading.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    site updated to mailing list sign up and song snippets. Not sure how many yet. Keep reloading the page. JUNE release date.