Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: System Of A Down

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    After Tool released that abortion of a record that actually sucked any desire I had for a new SOAD record. I don't think the time off has done SOAD any favors.
    Yeah, it's best to let sleeping dogs lay as this point. I don't see how any good would come from the band at this point.
    There's always the age old question of "Get new music that sucks and destroys the bands legacy or just let them keep riding off the coat-tails of their classics and never get new music"
    At this point, I'd rather just have them touring on their classic songs than taint their career with some medicore rubbish.

Very rarely does a 10+ year wait for music pay off. I personally think it paid off with Rammstein, but some people would argue with me. *shrugs*
    Definitely did not pay off with TOOL, I am with ya 200% on that one.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    how can you get 'further' from making an album?
    I guess you just feel less like doing it than you did yesterday.

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    It says they had 12 new songs done

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, it's best to let sleeping dogs lay as this point. I don't see how any good would come from the band at this point.
    There's always the age old question of "Get new music that sucks and destroys the bands legacy or just let them keep riding off the coat-tails of their classics and never get new music"
    At this point, I'd rather just have them touring on their classic songs than taint their career with some medicore rubbish.

Very rarely does a 10+ year wait for music pay off. I personally think it paid off with Rammstein, but some people would argue with me. *shrugs*
    Definitely did not pay off with TOOL, I am with ya 200% on that one.
    Unlike tool, at least with SotD you have the solo stuff from Serj and Daron. Though depending on which album of theirs you want to look at that could be a good or bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    I guess you just feel less like doing it than you did yesterday.
    OK, I can respect that. I have a project I'm working on now that feels the same way.
    Last edited by allegate; 02-07-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Unlike tool, at least with SotD you have the solo stuff from Serj and Daron. Though depending on which album of theirs you want to look at that could be a good or bad thing.
    Yeah, just like Till and Richard from Rammstein, who had their own separate projects (Lindemann and Emigrate) in between as well.

Not sure I'd go as far as saying that Daron's stuff is worth it though, then again, Richard's "Emigrate" isn't anything to write home about either. Maybe it's a guitarist thing...
    At least Serj's solo stuff isn't half bad. Saw him do his solo set in 2008 at a festival, and it was pretty good.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    OK, I get it when some people expected shit album from Tool based on how they didn't like Puscifer and/or Eat the Elephant. What the fuck does Tool album has to do with supposed new SOAD music?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was surprised to see how busy Serj Tankian has been recently as a score composer.

Is anyone here familiar with his work? Is it worth checking out? And if it is: where should I start?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, just like Till and Richard from Rammstein, who had their own separate projects (Lindemann and Emigrate) in between as well.

Not sure I'd go as far as saying that Daron's stuff is worth it though, then again, Richard's "Emigrate" isn't anything to write home about either. Maybe it's a guitarist thing...
    At least Serj's solo stuff isn't half bad. Saw him do his solo set in 2008 at a festival, and it was pretty good.
    I really dig Richard’s Emigrate stuff. Y u no like?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I actually prefer Serj's solo stuff over SOAD. Much more experimental plus he actually gets to showcase his singing voice and doesn't have Darons whiny nasally shit voice screeching over him on every single song. A new Serj solo album is much more important to me than another half assed SOAD album with Daron trying to be the lead singer.....Nice to hear Serj has a new EP of "rock songs" ready to be released in the near future

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Nice to hear Serj has a new EP of "rock songs" ready to be released in the near future
    Yes, just came here to post this interview where he announces the EP which contains songs he originally intended to record with SOAD:
    https://www.spin.com/2020/05/serj-tankian-interview/

He also talks about his collaboration with Jimmy Urine of MSI which came out last week. It's the soundtrack to a fictional Guy Ritchie gangster flick, called 'Fuktronic'.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    To be honest, I never quite clicked with Serj's solo stuff. Personally, just didn't have that SOAD edge to me.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    This needs to be reposted. The troll job SOAD (mostly Daron with an assist from Serj) did to "Mistress Juliya" on Fuse in 05

Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 05-19-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    This needs to be reposted. The epic troll job SOAD (mostly Daron with an assist from Serj) did to this girl from Fuse..."Mistress Juliya".
    That Daron guy is a total waste of space.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I used to talk to Juliya a lot on fb....She was not a fan of those guys...Musically or personally

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ugh. I had to stop watching. That was terrible... Juliya was always super cool to people in interviews, to have her time wasted like that is unfortunate.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Ugh. I had to stop watching. That was terrible... Juliya was always super cool to people in interviews, to have her time wasted like that is unfortunate.
    That was some total edgelord bullshit.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/...o-your-bunker/

If anyone is wondering why the boys can't agree on new music. They dont even agree on politics...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    what the fuck

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Serj actually did 2 songs on Johns solo album earlier this year so they must be on good terms.....But this is wild....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    WHATTTT. Cannot believe I'm banging to new SOAD right now. Thanks for sharing this!

Very SOAD, but Protect The Land hits man...

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Sad that it needed a new armed conflict in Armenia for the band to start making music again though
    Last edited by fillow; 11-06-2020 at 01:01 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I reverted back to the "me" from over 15 years ago and realized I still like this band a lot.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Genocidal Humanoidz is awesome

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Waaaay better than I expected, nice! Yet I have to confess that I seem to have grown out of SOAD. Used to be a big fan back in the day, these days it's just too hectic for my taste. :/

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I listened to "Protect the Land" first and thought "eh, it's OK" and then I listened to "Genocidal Humanoidz" and thought "well, Protect the land was amazing"

So yeah, I like protect better between the two.
    My girlfriend, who's fav band is SOAD, thinks that Genocidal was the better of the two. Guess there are 2 kinds of fans.