Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2101

Thread: The Cure

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    UUUgggghhhhhhhhhh

HOW is there a tour called "Shows of a lost world" and there isn't the album yet? How?

This shit shouldn't be called "Songs of a lost world" it should be called "songs from a lost album that's never going to come out"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    UUUgggghhhhhhhhhh

HOW is there a tour called "Shows of a lost world" and there isn't the album yet? How?

This shit shouldn't be called "Songs of a lost world" it should be called "songs from a lost album that's never going to come out"
    You got that right especially if Robert says he's scrapping it and starting over again. Pulling an Axl Rose Chinese Democracy stunt.

Maybe we can get Dr. Pepper to announce they will give away a free 20 oz if he releases the album in the summer! Seemed to work last time!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tour rumors that apparently have some weight... (we'll apparently know soon enough...things are 'imminent' remember.)

- Tour starting mid/late May
    - Dates in May and June
    - 2 nights at the Hollywood Bowl in late May, Red Rocks in CO, Wells Fargo in Philadelphia on June 24
    - Other cities: Toronto, Montreal
    - Mexico date(s) in there as well possibly
    - Mix of arenas and amphitheatres
    - Twilight Sad opening shows

FWIW my father-in-law works for Rogers Arena here in Vancouver (gets me and the wife into any show free, but more importantly knows about upcoming shows before they're made public as far as a year out...and says there's no word of The Cure playing here yet, asked as recently as yesterday). Also bear in mind the last time they played a different venue when coming through this way, so it may be a different venue anyways. Who knows.

NOT ME, ROBERT. NOT ME.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 03-08-2023 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    More rumours. Hellooooooo, Vancouver!

Tour starts in New Orleans (May 8th?)
    Mexico is 3rd week of May
    California is 4th week of May
    May 29th-Portland,OR
    May 30th-George,WA
    June 1st-Vancouver,BC
    June 21st & 22nd-NYC at MSG
    June 25th-Columbia,MD
    June 27th-Charlotte,NC

edit: Tour announcement apparently tomorrow. Starts in NO, Hollywood Bowl on May 24-25, cities including: Portland, SLC, Philly, Boston, KC, Maryland, Charlotte, ends in Miami on late June.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 03-08-2023 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Just released. Anyone know how long ago he did this? I would say seeing him put out a remix for Noel's bullshit band isn't a good sign for those of you wanting the new Cure material to finally come out.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 03-10-2023 at 01:03 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    NYC MSG yes!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Love how he still isn’t mentioning the album.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Not a very extensive tour. I signed up for the Seattle pre-sale. Thinking about Vancouver but probably out of my budget. Kind of wish they had played Portland. No Vegas either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Love how he still isn’t mentioning the album.
    There is no album. It's been silly.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    From reddit:

According to a source on twitter, the North American tour was originally supposed to be announced in December, but was pushed to this month. Likewise, Songs Of A Lost World was supposed to be pressed in December and set for an April release, but wasn’t, as Robert wanted to make more changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    From reddit:

According to a source on twitter, the North American tour was originally supposed to be announced in December, but was pushed to this month. Likewise, Songs Of A Lost World was supposed to be pressed in December and set for an April release, but wasn’t, as Robert wanted to make more changes.
    If the album was coming out in April, it would've been announced way by now. We need to call Dr. Pepper and have them put out another campaign like they did witch Chinese Democracy. Free Dr. Pepper if The Cure releases SOALW this year.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    We need to call Dr. Pepper and have them put out another campaign like they did witch Chinese Democracy. Free Dr. Pepper if The Cure releases SOALW this year.
    That is the very definition of "win-win scenario"! Hoping for Toronto tickets...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    That is the very definition of "win-win scenario"! Hoping for Toronto tickets...
    Same here (Toronto). Did you or anyone else get anything from Ticketmaster today about the Registered Fan thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Squishy View Post
    Same here (Toronto). Did you or anyone else get anything from Ticketmaster today about the Registered Fan thing?
    I signed up for the verified fan for Cleveland. Have not had any updates hit my inbox. My Ticketmaster app says the fan sale starts tomorrow.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    I signed up for the verified fan for Cleveland. Have not had any updates hit my inbox. My Ticketmaster app says the fan sale starts tomorrow.
    Likewise Seattle

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    FWIW, Ticketmaster's info does say 'the night before...'

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    just got an email that told me i'm on the waitlist - not officially selected. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    just got an email that told me i'm on the waitlist - not officially selected. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    got my email now. Says I’m part of the verified fan sale!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    That's what I got, too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Me too lol. Fingers crossed I get that text before Friday lol. Regardless, the cost of floor seats should probably mean it won’t sell out before general admission so I’m not too bothered. I’ll spend a grand if I have to.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just got my text for St.Paul. So hopefully you all get yours soon as well. I’m curious about prices but I feel like I’m just gonna go ahead and do it regardless of price unless it’s ridiculous.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, Robert just tweeted this out…and it’s not good news for those waitlisted. Essentially instead of a bunch of seats going for sale tmrw morning (meaning, even with a code…snooze and you lose) it’s now just being opened up fully. Possibly leading to entire venues selling out tomorrow before Friday’s general sale even gets here.

Fortunately there’s zero chance they even sell the show out here in Vancouver, but still. Woof.

Last edited by october_midnight; 03-14-2023 at 08:23 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Same. I'm kinda bummed because my 14-year-old niece is a HUGE fan. She graduates from 8th grade the night before the AZ show and I already told her I'm taking her (which I will, regardless - I'd just rather not pay through the nose).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This whole system is a frickin scam. Gonna miss out on Depeche and the Cure. Ticketmaster needs to die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scored Cleveland tix. Section 32 at $50 a pop. Tried to get front row but every time I selected them I got a message saying someone beat me to them. Oh well. They’re my last favorite band I need to see live and my concert bucket list is complete!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    On the waitlist too.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Going the 20th and 21st. They've been a top 10 band for me for at least a decade but never got to catch them live. Needless to say I'm SUPER pumped!

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Squishy View Post
    Still on the waitlist. Let me know if you get through, maybe we can go together!