Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Weezer

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    My wife and I were there in the pit! Definitely a great show! I agree about it being a natural evolution from their Road Trip tour. I was elated to hear them play Burnt Jamb and Why Bother?, which are two of my favorite Weezer songs. It was my 10th time seeing them and I'd never seen them play either of those two songs before.
    I was excited to hear those as well. This was my 6th show, and this was one of their best. I wish they would do the whole Futurescope trilogy though. They played parts 2 and 3 to open the show, why not the intro? Small gripe. Oh, and not playing Blast Off! was a missed opportunity.

Also, was Dinosaur Jr bad in your opinion? Everyone in my area hated them. They seemed to be having technical difficulties.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
    I was excited to hear those as well. This was my 6th show, and this was one of their best. I wish they would do the whole Futurescope trilogy though. They played parts 2 and 3 to open the show, why not the intro? Small gripe. Oh, and not playing Blast Off! was a missed opportunity.

Also, was Dinosaur Jr bad in your opinion? Everyone in my area hated them. They seemed to be having technical difficulties.
    I seriously said the exact same thing about not opening with Blast Off! being a missed opportunity! Or maybe the second (or third?) song when they're actually beginning the "journey to the blue planet." I was also kind of hoping they would play Mykel and Carli or Jamie since it was a Blue Album-centric show, but hey, I really can't complain—it was a phenomenal show and honestly might be my favorite of all of the times I've seen them. As far as Dinosaur Jr., I don't really know any of their music and I didn't think they were bad, but I wasn't really that into them either. However, this was my second time seeing The Flaming Lips (the first time being Riot Fest in 2021) and I enjoyed them even more this time around. They're a really fun band to see live.