Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1624

Thread: Depeche Mode

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They've posted the same thing on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/depechemode

This goes straight to my heart. I wish them the best and Godspeed. Whatever they come up with, I hope it helps their healing process.

If people are interested, I've tackled a cover of Eternal as an hommage to Fletch's passing. It's the first cover I've posted in 4 years and I'm very proud of it. You can find it on YouTube.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    That’s great news! It will feel weird being the first release without Fletch.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    It's great to see the band continuing...weird without Fletch.

I know Erasue is still ongoing, but i'd love to see a full circle reunion with Vince.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Zero desire for that dude to return. if anything its an opportunity for wilder to return, as it was fletch that kept him from rejoining in the first place.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Zero desire for that dude to return. if anything its an opportunity for wilder to return, as it was fletch that kept him from rejoining in the first place.
    Really? Why?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Andy and Alan didn’t get along.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Feat. Martin Gore -

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ^ Great collaboration. I love that JMJ is still making music that still sounds fresh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/depec...cement-3320535

Depeche Mode share new Berlin-based teaser for upcoming announcement

As revealed last week, the band are sharing news on Tuesday (October 4)

Depeche Mode have shared a new teaser for their upcoming announcement, due next week (October 4).
    Earlier this week (September 27), the band posted a photo of a studio on Instagramwith the date 4.10.22, next Tuesday.

A further video has now been shared ahead of the announcement, confirming a time for the announcement (1pm CET, 12pm BST) and the word: “BERLIN.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If the leaked information is true, the new album and tour are called Memento Mori. A fitting name under the circumstances. I do hope it is a new album and tour, but I would not totally be surprised if they just called it quits.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Given that what is circulating includes photos of concert posters (in the typically underwhelming latter-day AC style) and full PR text, it would have to be a fairly large, well-coordinated hoax at this point. Not to mention the fact that DG and MLG plus the rest of the live band trekked all the way to Berlin...why bother to even get out of bed if you're just throwing in the towel?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post
    If the leaked information is true, the new album and tour are called Memento Mori. A fitting name under the circumstances. I do hope it is a new album and tour, but I would not totally be surprised if they just called it quits.
    Wow. They went out on Spirit with "Fail" and that was already bleak as hell. Memento Mori might as well feature a skull on the album cover with no text.

Can't imagine how dark the music will be.

I'm imagining the music to Nothing's Impossible in my head. Even though that song has uplifting lyrics it sounds dark as the ninth level of Hell.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Is it me or does the new artwork look like a recycled version of the Spirit artwork with the grey?

https://www.side-line.com/depeche-mo...getting-ready/

Also,

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I expect I will (once again) be saving a lot of money on merch based on this aesthetic, which definitely feels recycled.

Of course, those savings will be plowed back into tickets for the show, so maybe they still come out ahead...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New album & tour:
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/depec...ickets-3322103

East coast not getting much love, which sucks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am really excited about this and hope the new record is much, much better than Spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    East coast not getting much love, which sucks.
    Yeah, the US in general not getting much love -- 7 dates, 3 of which in California? Guess I'm going to New York; no way in hell I'm missing this. (And Montreal and Quebec City aren't too far away either... hmm...)

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Ugh. Stadiums.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Still not coming to Australia since 1994?

>>

On 4 October 2022, Depeche Mode announced their new album Memento Mori and a tour which will start on 23 March 2023.[134] They stated that they had begun work on the album in the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.[135][136] Gahan and Gore said they would send each other ideas for songs, for example Dave said, “I played guitar and sort of sang on my iPhone,” while Gore “sent it back with his angelic voice.” [134] They also stated that they would be working with James Ford once again as well as Marta Salogni as producers for the album.[137][138]
    Last edited by Erneuert; 10-04-2022 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I liked the build up to the track they played, then it devolved into every track i've heard off the last 3 albums.
    I remain, as always.. hopeful.

Just glad for anything at this point.

Gotta assume they will announce a winter tour next year after the main arena tour, they usually do.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    I liked the build up to the track they played, then it devolved into every track i've heard off the last 3 albums.
    I remain, as always.. hopeful.

Just glad for anything at this point.

Gotta assume they will announce a winter tour next year after the main arena tour, they usually do.
    What were the lyrics? I made out “we will all be ghosts again” or something like that?

edit: nevermind --

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ri-1234604069/

Eventually, Gahan’s voice enters and he sings, “We know we’ll be ghosts again.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/depeche-mode-new-album-tour-memento-mori-1234604069/

Depeche Mode, Still Mourning, Return With Tour and New Album ‘Memento Mori’

"We're not going to replace Fletch; there's no reason to replace Fletch," says singer Dave Gahan. "That would be impossible”

DURING THE PEAK of the pandemic, Depeche Mode’s members found themselves simultaneously making sense of Covid’s widespread loss while trying to appreciate life in the moment. Those two themes kept popping up when frontman Dave Gahan and singer and multi-instrumentalist Martin Gore were writing lyrics for what would become their 15th album. They embraced this idea by calling the album Memento Mori.
    “The direct translation [for ‘memento mori’] is, ‘Remember that you must die,'” Gahan says via phone from Berlin, a few days before the band’s Tuesday press conference announcing Memento Mori. “A lot of the songs are going into that place of reminding ourselves that our time is fleeting, and you got to make the best of it — in a positive way.” Gore says he first heard the Latin phrase from a friend. “I just thought, ‘What a great album title for the songs that had been written already,'” he says.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 10-04-2022 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    God, how prohpetic:

Before they could get in the studio, though, the title took on far greater meaning for Gahan and Gore. On May 26, Andy “Fletch” Fletcher, who co-founded Depeche Mode and played synthesizers and bass in the group since 1980, died naturally of an aortic dissection. Did they second-guess the title after Fletch’s death? “I think it cemented it, if anything,” Gore says.

“Obviously, everybody will think that all of the songs were quickly written after Andy died,” Gore continues. “But everything was planned and ready to go. Unfortunately, Andy passed away when he was really looking forward to getting started with us. So I like the idea of ‘memento mori’ in a more positive way, in a ‘Live each day and make the most of your time here.'”
    “This is the first time we’re doing something like this without Fletch,” Gahan says. “All the songs were already written before Fletch passed, but when something happens, an event like this in your life, songs change: They take on different forms and have different meanings when you sing them. I think when I was singing some of the vocals, I was reflecting on all kinds of things, but certainly Fletch came up in my mind quite a lot.”
    Even now, the two musicians are still making sense of their bandmate’s absence. “You don’t always get to say goodbye,” Gahan says. “With this, it was just one of those things where all of a sudden, Martin and I are sitting in a pew in a church together, and Fletch is not here anymore, just like that.”
    “It’s obviously really hard to lose your closest friend,” Gore says. “Andy was there with me from way before the band and I feel like he was the one in the trenches with me the whole way. So it’s very tough.”
    But Gore feels his bandmate would have wanted Depeche Mode to continue. “He was always seen as the glue of the band,” he says. “It would’ve been unthinkable for him to think that his death would’ve caused the end of the band.”
    Now Gahan and Gore are feeling his loss in more profound ways. Fletch, who had a big, dry sense of humor, used to joke that while Gahan’s and Gore’s roles were well-defined — Gahan was obviously the singer while Gore wrote the majority of the songs — his job was to “bum around.” But the two musicians say he was much more important to Depeche Mode than he gave himself credit for.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Neither Gahan nor Gore feel ready to name any of Memento Mori’s song titles — days before the Berlin event, they’re not even quite sure what the final titles are for the musical selections they’re playing — but they say the structure of the album as a whole came together naturally. “To me, it’s got a cinematic quality to it,” Gahan says. “It takes you on a bit of a trip, starting in a place where we’re like, ‘This is my world,’ and ending with, ‘How do I make the most of it?'” The music, Gahan says, sounds melancholy but it’s also braided with hope and joy. The record will likely feature 12 songs with a few saved over as extras for a deluxe edition.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I haven't posted here in ages, so I won't pretend to even try and keep up with the conversation. (Great to see a lot of your names still here!) I'll just say that I miss seeing Fletch with Mart & Dave, I miss hearing him laugh during the interviews, and I'll miss seeing him at shows. I am so happy though, to hear that Andy seems to have been part of the conversation for the new album, even if nothing was recorded before he passed. Makes him still feel part of it for me.

This morning I said fuck it and got a Floor ticket for opening night in Sacramento. The reality of seeing them again in a few months hasn't really sunk in yet. I'm sure the new album will change that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post
    I haven't posted here in ages, so I won't pretend to even try and keep up with the conversation. (Great to see a lot of your names still here!) I'll just say that I miss seeing Fletch with Mart & Dave, I miss hearing him laugh during the interviews, and I'll miss seeing him at shows. I am so happy though, to hear that Andy seems to have been part of the conversation for the new album, even if nothing was recorded before he passed. Makes him still feel part of it for me.

This morning I said fuck it and got a Floor ticket for opening night in Sacramento. The reality of seeing them again in a few months hasn't really sunk in yet. I'm sure the new album will change that!
    Scored a ticket to Chicago. Got a Section 105 seat. Tried to get a floor seat but everyone beat me to it. I've been wanting to see DM for a long time and I'm glad I jumped at the chance even though it will be either a 5 hour drive or a 50 min flight to see them. I kinda feel like this is going to be their last tour given their age and with Fletch gone even though they say they're continuing forward.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post

Welcome home!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    I kinda feel like this is going to be their last tour given their age and with Fletch gone even though they say they're continuing forward.
    Same, which is also why I did it. My first show was in Sac in the 90s so this will (maybe?) be a nice way for me to wrap it up, even if the drive will be a bitch to get there.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Far be it for me to complain when DM never misses my neck of the woods, but ticket prices (primary and resale) are absurd here in the U.S., especially given the typical lack of a GA option.

DM has been my favorite or second-favorite band on record since literally kindergarten, but my feelings about DM live are conflicted. I'm sure I'm in the extreme minority here, but I've always felt that Dave's performance style was at odds with so much of the material (i.e., he's such a ham, but not a depressive ham). As such, they probably don't even crack my top 10 list of live bands despite my affinity for the music.

Still, I will certainly not miss catching them on what could well be their last tour, but I'm not going to pay more than a grand for the privilege. Figure I'll sit tight for the moment and either luck out with the addition of a second MSG show, or just "bargain" hunt a few days before the event...