Thread: Death From Above 1979

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Wow, talk about a shit show last night. I ended up walking out of the concert after 5 songs due to how shitty they sounded. Both looked bored and just going through the motions. Sebastian's voice kept cracking and had very little energy while Jesse also looked like he didn't want to be there and played off-key. I have been looking forward to finally seeing these guys live and after seeing all the various footage of them I thought I was going to have a hell of a time. Unfortunately this was not case...Has anyone else seen them on this current tour?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Wow, talk about a shit show last night. I ended up walking out of the concert after 5 songs due to how shitty they sounded. Both looked bored and just going through the motions. Sebastian's voice kept cracking and had very little energy while Jesse also looked like he didn't want to be there and played off-key. I have been looking forward to finally seeing these guys live and after seeing all the various footage of them I thought I was going to have a hell of a time. Unfortunately this was not case...Has anyone else seen them on this current tour?
    they had a weird energy at riot fest. played well but spent so much time just bullshitting in between songs. but nothing like what you described.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Saw them in NY last month and last year. Had a great time at both.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Saw them in NY last month and last year. Had a great time at both.
    saw them last Wednes and while we all had a blast the sound really was subpar that evening. Both played well and very energized but Jesse's bass was way too lout, which is funny as this is what drew me into DFA from the beginning. But it was just a constant drone filling the room and you could barely hear the melodies. Yet it was super nice to meet the band afterwards and hang out for a bit. Oh the jealousy from my friends, but though luck if you leave seconds after the show ended. As my magazine presented the show and did all kinds of promotion they were very thankful, sharing beers and some insane stories from the stage.

Not as good as their show in 2014 by far, but that band reclaimed a special place in my heart either way since they are back.