Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know I'm not the only one who played that one today

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    As is tradition -

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I just got the World Coming down LP in the mail. Sounds drably fantastic.

On a more depressing note, I recently experienced a complete crash of my HDD. I managed to use recovery software to save some of my stuff, but some things have been lost.

If anyone's got the Question Mark promo disc that had the original uncensored Summer Girl on it, I'd be obliged.

If anyone needs, I've still got the de-promoed Promo mix of Life Is Killing Me that our dearly departed friend Ryan created, as well as a few odd boots here and there

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    ^ I’m Ryan, lol.

I have it ripped somewhere I think.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    ^ I’m Ryan, lol.

I have it ripped somewhere I think.
    lol, I had absolutely no idea. I owe you major thanks for all the TON and R+ stuff over the years

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I always told myself I would only buy NIN vinyl but I just ordered world coming down (didn't realize it got released!). My favorite TON record although it took awhile to grow on me. I'd be interested in any promo material, esp the promo mix of life is killing me!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    If anyone needs, I've still got the de-promoed Promo mix of Life Is Killing Me that our dearly departed friend Ryan created, as well as a few odd boots here and there
    You mean the one I made and gave to Ryan? Unless there's another one.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    You mean the one I made and gave to Ryan? Unless there's another one.
    Well, fuck. I have no idea, and it's been years. Whoever did the surgery and zipped it as "tonlikmpf" and or whoever passed it to me - I am most grateful to you. Hell, both.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What is this promo mix of which you speak?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    What is this promo mix of which you speak?
    This one: https://www.discogs.com/Type-O-Negat...elease/1316362

Different track listing.

Every song is audio watermarked but we edited it so that it flows uninterrupted.

Differences I can think of off the top of my head (click view more images on the discogs page; the alternate track listing was even printed on the promo CD)

- First track had the title “Uncle Freddy Died?”
    - “Drunk In Paris” was called “Loud And Queer” and sounded extremely different
    - The “snot and cum, piss and shit” part of Less Than Zero had a vocal effect put over it making it sound different... and better IMO
    - Different intro on “(We Were) Electrocute”
    - Different mix of “The Dream Is Dead” - this is the version Josh posted online in unmastered form in response to the album leaking and being pissed off about it
    - No extended ending on “I Don’t Wanna Be Me”

and there are more I can’t think of.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was unaware there was a different mix of LIKM. I wonder if my inbox knew about it.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Consider it enlightened.

Q: How do you all listen to Bloody Kisses? Original version straight through, with or without interludes, Digipak version?

I prefer it sans interludes, which may be blasphemous, but to me they break up too many amazing songs. I had shuffled things around like so and used the orignal Summer Girl and the alt, much-better-IMO mix of Blood & Fire:

Christian Woman
    Black No. 1
    Kill All The White People
    Summer Girl (promo version)
    Set Me On Fire
    We Hate Everyone
    Bloody Kisses (A Death In The Family)
    Too Late: Frozen
    Blood & Fire (Out of the Ashes mix)
    Suspended In Dusk
    Can't Lose You

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I would also love to hear this alternate Life is Killing Me if someone could help me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd like to hear it again, too. I had it when it leaked all those years ago (if it's the one that has someone speaking a short sentence in the middle of each song)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Consider it enlightened.

Q: How do you all listen to Bloody Kisses? Original version straight through, with or without interludes, Digipak version?

I prefer it sans interludes, which may be blasphemous, but to me they break up too many amazing songs. I had shuffled things around like so and used the orignal Summer Girl and the alt, much-better-IMO mix of Blood & Fire:

Christian Woman
    Black No. 1
    Kill All The White People
    Summer Girl (promo version)
    Set Me On Fire
    We Hate Everyone
    Bloody Kisses (A Death In The Family)
    Too Late: Frozen
    Blood & Fire (Out of the Ashes mix)
    Suspended In Dusk
    Can't Lose You
    Would you add any of the leaked BK demos? Like the alternate version of SID, “Scream (Because I Can’t)”? Or the demo version of Summer Girl?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    I'd like to hear it again, too. I had it when it leaked all those years ago (if it's the one that has someone speaking a short sentence in the middle of each song)
    It’s that version, but one of the lovely users above edited it with the final release to edit out the audio watermarks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Life is Killing Me ranks high for me. Type O just hit for me at the time it was released. I never knew this existed so I'm hyped to spot the differences.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Consider it enlightened.
    Many thanks.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Can anyone find the TON.net post back from 2003 when Josh posted that long rant about stealing his pants and leaking The Dream Is Dead promo version? Maybe through archive.org? I miss those days.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Can anyone find the TON.net post back from 2003 when Josh posted that long rant about stealing his pants and leaking The Dream Is Dead promo version? Maybe through archive.org? I miss those days.
    The best I can find is the post referencing it (also lots of other interesting posts here worth looking at including studio updates):

https://web.archive.org/web/20031218...s-archive.html

New Song Up! posted 4.11.03
    In response to the leak, the band has decided to post one of the leaked tracks - better from us than somewhere illegal. Also included is Josh's response to all of this.
    the dream is dead

...edit: I wonder what “I Need Love” was?

Song Titles - The Dream Is Dead posted 1.28.03
    Our continous poking and prodding produced some final-esque song titles (not in sequence) from Josh:
    A Dish Better Served Cold (formerly Truth Decay)
    NettieElectro-cute
    I Like Girls
    Valentine's Day (source of album title)I Don't Want to Be MeAnesthesia
    Angry Inch (cover from Hedwig and the Angry Inch)
    Above All Things
    Life is Killing Me
    Two demo songs (I Need Love and Why Won't You Love Me) will be included, just don't have official titles yet. Look to have one more track added to the final sequence for a total of...13. As always, remember this is Type O and things could change...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Would you add any of the leaked BK demos? Like the alternate version of SID, “Scream (Because I Can’t)”? Or the demo version of Summer Girl?
    To consider that, I re-listened to them today, and I don't think so due to the general audio quality and it being obvious in spots they're works in progress. They're great to listen to but quite a few are very, very rough and they'd feel very tacked on. And being honest, at just over 10 minutes I find that Scream (Because I Can’t) kinda drags. Suspended In Dusk was juuuuust enough.

The ? promo (still need that plz help) version of Summer Girl though is pretty well a finished work; they were done until Seals & Crofts objected to the subject matter and so Pete just re-did the vocals if I remember right.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Question for anyone aware: Did the October Rust demos ever show up anywhere aside from youtube?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Question for anyone aware: Did the October Rust demos ever show up anywhere aside from youtube?
    They started out as mp3s, then were put on YT. I have the mp3s on an external HD somewhere.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Something that's always bothered me, but, obviously there's the alternate version of Summer Breeze (Summer Girl). However, back in the day, I had the soundtrack to I Know What You Did Last Summer, which I got from a friend, because I noticed the version of Summer Breeze on that album was different from the BK version. There's no effect on Pete's vocals. They're just raw. Was this just an unfinished mix, and was it ever available anywhere else?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Something that's always bothered me, but, obviously there's the alternate version of Summer Breeze (Summer Girl). However, back in the day, I had the soundtrack to I Know What You Did Last Summer, which I got from a friend, because I noticed the version of Summer Breeze on that album was different from the BK version. There's no effect on Pete's vocals. They're just raw. Was this just an unfinished mix, and was it ever available anywhere else?
    Maybe it’s the Rick Rubin Mix used on the OST?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That's it. I never got any of the BK re-releases, aside from the digipack, so I'd never heard the Rick Rubin Mix. Technically, I had, but you know what I mean.

As for how I listen to BK, I usually just listen to the album as originally released, interludes and all. Though, I usually skip Machine Screw. SID gets tacked onto the end. Blood & Fire (Out of the Ashes Mix) usually get a spin when I want to listen to the song outside of an album listen. I like both versions, but AotA Mix probably takes a slight edge over the original.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    That's it. I never got any of the BK re-releases, aside from the digipack, so I'd never heard the Rick Rubin Mix. Technically, I had, but you know what I mean.

As for how I listen to BK, I usually just listen to the album as originally released, interludes and all. Though, I usually skip Machine Screw. SID gets tacked onto the end. Blood & Fire (Out of the Ashes Mix) usually get a spin when I want to listen to the song outside of an album listen. I like both versions, but AotA Mix probably takes a slight edge over the original.
    I miss the French accent from the Ashes mix.

How do you rate the demo?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Side note: TON was the band that got me into music, period. Namely with Wolf Moon back in 2000/2001. Leaking those BK demos makes me feel ever so slightly better that I didn’t ever get to see them live or meet any of the band members. (fingers crossed A Pale Horse Named Death comes down to Australia so I can at least meet Sal).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    How do you rate the demo?
    About the same. There's not really anything that makes me like or dislike it over the others. Put on any of the three and I'll listen without complaints.

Side note: TON was the band that got me into music, period. Namely with Wolf Moon back in 2000/2001.
    I was a casual listener of Type O up until getting October Rust for Christmas in '96. My favourite band has always been NIN, with a few artists sorta switching around for the remaining slots in my top five. Around that time, Type O was holding pretty firm to the number two spot. I remember walking into K-Mart, of all places, on September 21, 1999, and walking out with The Fragile, World Coming Down and To Venus and Back. That was a good day for music.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    About the same. There's not really anything that makes me like or dislike it over the others. Put on any of the three and I'll listen without complaints.

I was a casual listener of Type O up until getting October Rust for Christmas in '96. My favourite band has always been NIN, with a few artists sorta switching around for the remaining slots in my top five. Around that time, Type O was holding pretty firm to the number two spot. I remember walking into K-Mart, of all places, on September 21, 1999, and walking out with The Fragile, World Coming Down and To Venus and Back. That was a good day for music.
    Fuck yeah! TF and WCD were released on the same day, right? And on Stephen King’s birthday.