Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Type O Negative

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonfan View Post
    Anyone know anything about instrumental version of Haunted in Descent II video game? There exists two versions, first 2 and half minutes and another 4 and half minutes, both can be found in Youtube.
    Yeah it’s pretty cool.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Nuclear Blast uploaded this a few days ago, hard to believe it was the final single/music video, and the only live footage of it we have is Pete sitting down singing it in crappy quality. I would love if someone secretly had an amazing live recording of it hidden somewhere.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonfan View Post
    Anyone know anything about instrumental version of Haunted in Descent II video game? There exists two versions, first 2 and half minutes and another 4 and half minutes, both can be found in Youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Yeah it’s pretty cool.
    I have both versions in lossless. If you two are interested, feel free to PM me

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Does anyone have this full performance? Or is this all that was released?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Does anyone have this full performance? Or is this all that was released?
    TON is rather well represented on archive.org. Here is a rip/backup of this 2009 bootleg:

DVD-01 = https://archive.org/details/2007-08-...-germany-dvd-1
    DVD-02 = https://archive.org/details/2007-08-...-germany-dvd-2

This is audience-shot, but you can plainly see that the entirety of the set was professionally captured using multiple cameras, angles, and techniques/styles. So far, we've only gotten pro audio and video for 4 of the songs performed.
    Last edited by Jon; 09-02-2022 at 02:00 PM. Reason: extended hyperlink for bootleg

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    In addition to all the Type O Negative I have been listening to lately I have been listening to a lot of Ghost so I have this fan fiction going where, I know Pete turned to catholicism but I'm sorry bro your not gonna be able to repent for a lifetime of goth groupies and debauchery, so Papa calls in some favors from our boi Lucifer to get Peter out of whatever special circle of hell he is in, for one last tour. That would rock so hard, Type O and Ghost sound perfect together. I heard Square Hammer followed by My Girlfriend's Girlfriend on a playlist the other day and I forgot what bands I was listening to for a bit.

Anyways, just some thoughts. I finally got Life is Killing Me and Dead Again a few months back and I'm really digging into them now and wow they both kick ass. I kinda feel off after World Coming Down (and it was also eclipsed by the OTHER big release that day...) so they are both new to me.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    lol (it's from a post on the official FB page):

https://wholeorganix.com/type-o-negative/

And, what the shit? They're making a LONGBOX version of Dead Again?!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...22239419257116

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    This is incredibly interesting:

https://www.talkhouse.com/my-cousin-the-rock-star/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thank you for sharing that, that was a good read. No matter how many years pass I find that I keep returning to this band. Truly one of my favorites and I was lucky enough to see them 4 or so times around NY. Pete always had such a captivating presence and I hope his memory lives on. Soul on Fire was an interesting book but I almost wish someone would make a biopic or documentary about him; only problem is I don't think the popularity is there and I don't think anyone portraying him could do him justice.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Had no idea the Carnivore debut record was reissued with its original artwork! -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22522564277...8482%7Ciid%3A1

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    @Wolfkiller - are these the same as the OR pre-mix files? Or something else?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25519404582...Bk9SR6Lb8IOlYQ

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Definitely the same.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atu View Post
    Definitely the same.
    Fun fact: the pre-mixes of October Rust and the After Dark outtakes were leaked by Wolfkiller.

The Bloody Kisses demos (including Scream (Because I Can't)) were leaked by yours truly.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    My bad, haven't been logged in and didn't see this until now. Are the After Dark outtakes still floating around? I tried to upload it to YouTube years ago but it didn't last long

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    https://www.metalsucks.net/2023/02/1...alentines-day/

As we get ever closer to the 15th anniversary of Type O Negative‘s Dead Again, a new live music video of their song “Love You To Death” was just released. As you may recall, that record was the last one the world got before the irreplaceable Peter Steele passed away.

The new video features the band’s performance during the 2007 Wacken festival, showcasing just how tight and epic their sound was in person. The world definitely suffered a major loss when we lost Steele. But today’s not a time for mourning — it’s a time for boning down with Steele’s dulcet tones guiding the way.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    can they just release the whole wacken show once and for all please? we need more type O live!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Never been posted before apparently:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Hickey: "Peter was definitely bummed out about the whole WWF thing. Before he died it's something he'd bring up at times. Not too much, but enough for us to know that it meant something to him, it's something that, subconsciously, ate away at him for some time."

Kelly: "Man we spent so much time composing that instrumental. Peter was always so focused but for that one piece he really wanted the WWF guys to feel the character. I remember when the music guy, Jack Johnson I think his name was, he contacted Peter personally. It wasn't hard to get a hold of us. He contacted us and was like "I'm from the WWF, I'm a fan of your work and I think we can compose something for one of our returning characters". We're all like yea sure, why not."

Hickey: " No one had ever contacted us for a gig like that. Despite how goofy of a product wrestling could be at times, there was something about that particular character that stood out. We traveled to Connecticut, Josh Silver has family in Connecticut so we killed two birds with one stone. So we sat down at the big building, they're playing this reel and clips of the Caine character. He's dark, menacing, blood red, he screams goth; at this point you could see the passion in Peter's eyes."

Kelly: "Oh yea, Peter really wanted to knock that one out of the park. So we get a tape of his original walk out song and a blueprint of what they wanted. Peter spent hours listening to it on a loop, we're on the plane and he's tapping his fingers to the BPM. Once we get back to New York, Peter throws in this satanic growling chant and Johnny starts beating the drums to start it off. Silver begins to play the keys to open up the song like the original version. I followed up with the rifts. Johnny jumps back in and I start playing again and if you listened to it, you can hear how we're challenging each other. Then there was the break where Peter comes back in and starts to chant, and me and Johnny start going at it again. Peter definitely guided us throughout that whole composition, that was his personal baby. Everything just fell in place so perfectly and it came out the way we wanted it too. Peter was passionate about this piece.
    So we send it back to Jack and he loved it. He told us this is what they wanted and we were thrilled because at that point, this was I think 2002, we had been on the back burner, we started to, you know, I guess at that point Type O Negative just weren't you know, the Type O Negative that everyone knew from a couple years earlier so it was a way for us to reintroduce ourselves and for the people who watched the WWF stuff to find out about us. They wanted the Caine character to return at the SummerJam wrestling show, and they had it mapped out where he'd come in and wreak havoc against these anti american guys and we were all planning on getting the show and just watching it all unfold just for that particular moment. We get a call, and Johnson doesn't want to use our work anymore because they had different plans for the character where they wanted him to be a bit more on the "normal" side and what we composed was too dark. Peter was bummed out by this because it was an opportunity for us to get back out there."

Hickey: "They ended up giving it to these other kids. The thing about it all was how they didn't want any vocals but the version that ended up getting picked was vocalized. There were no hard feelings, they wanted to use it for a future video package or for DVD purposes, they said they'd contact us if anything and thanked us for our work. We were never contacted to this day. Peter felt like we were snubbed and considering how much work and dedication he put into it, it kind of killed his drive. Peter really valued the piece and he really wanted to release it and so we decided to put it on the extended version of Life is Killing me in 2003 and the song became a hit. The fans in Europe, they loved it. They loved it man. And Peter was proud. But he still wanted Caine to walk out to it, and because he felt a connection to the character, it ate away at him that he was never able to see the original plans unfold."

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Thanks! i've always wondered what happened with the WWE...

The story doesn't mention it, but i'm pretty sure it was Vince McMahon who "shelved it".

BTW: The composer of the WWE themes was Jim, not Jack, lol

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    @elevenism

Dude, an Aussie interviewing Pete!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    https://www.theprp.com/2023/05/12/ne...-with-the-sun/

EYE AM, the new fledgling new supergroup comprised of members of Crowbar, Type O Negativea nd more, will be debuting their first single “Dreams Always Die With The Sun” on June 02nd. A music video for the track directed by Mike Holderbeast will arrive in conjunction with the song.
    EYE AM‘s lineup includes Crowbar vocalist/guitarist Kirk Windstein, ex-Type O Negative guitarist/vocalist Kenny Hickey and drummer/vocalist Johnny Kelly, and ex-Crowbar/Down bassist Todd Strange. They plan to convene in the studio late this June to record their debut album.

Speaking of this new single, which you can preview below, Windstein offered:
    “For me, I just love jamming and writing songs with talented people. Of course, I’ve jammed with Todd Strange since the ‘80s, so I knew that would be great, but having the opportunity to get together with Kenny and Johnny was exciting! I was a little nervous at first, but once we started putting the song together, I had a great feeling we were on to something special! I love the song, and can’t wait to write some more with these guys!”

Hickey added:
    “Well, we didn’t really know what would happen when we got together. I had a few riffs and half-finished ideas, and I recorded them and sent them to Kirk and he wrote some ideas off of that. I think because we’re all around the same age, it echoes the music we grew up with, which was mostly ‘70’s hard rock and metal. It has a classic rock quality to it.
    I hear some Hendrix in there as well. It’s really satisfying when you throw musicians and riffs into a pot and then listen back to hear what comes out of it. It’s somehow less contrived sounding, I think. It could have also hit the wall and ended up a disaster, which adds an element of risk to it as well. But I think we came out with something really cool.”

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Done by the band:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Is there more footage of this show? I can only find this song on YT but not the rest of the set. It's Munich, 14 Dec 1999.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Random question: Would anyone out there be interested in one Revolver October Rust tee pictured here, (lower right), Size SMALL?

They fucked up my order a while back (I'm a large) and I had no time to go get a refund or exchange. $25 CDN plus postage and it's yours.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Ok, so this is pretty random but awesome at the same time:

https://www.reddit.com/r/typeonegative/s/LCj2BfxYBV

Korean issue of October Rust, but if you read the comments, the OP translated the text as best they could. If you read it, I don’t recall ever reading Peter comment on Die With Me like that before? Makes me wonder where the original interview texts come from… lots of little gems in there.

Speaking of obscure stuff, has anyone else read that extended interview from 2007 where Peter says he really does (did) consider himself a “prophet of doom” and said there is him and two other guys who know of each other but don’t know exactly who they are. And they are here to spread a message, a warning… I can paste it here if you haven’t read it. Really kinda interesting.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don’t recall ever reading Peter comment on Die With Me like that before? Makes me wonder where the original interview texts come from… lots of little gems in there.
    I don't remember where it was originally stated, but I do know in the Soul on Fire biography it confirms Die With Me was about Elizabeth. They had an on-again-off-again type relationship, where she was hoping he would cool it with the groupies on tour, and Pete sorta viewed her as his rock. She left to study abroad, and I guess Pete was expecting to pick the relationship back up, as per usual, when she returned. He swung by her house one day, and saw a dude about to go inside, so he beat the shit out of him. Unbeknownst to him, it was Elizabeth's husband. She had gotten married, because she didn't think Pete was ever gonna get serious about settling down and being a one woman man. That assault is why he did time at Rikers in 2005.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)