Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Smiths/Morrissey

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Moz just played 2 nights in Antwerp. The second night was cut short, but Smiler With Knife and Mountjoy made their live debuts.

Here is what happened from a poster at Morrissey Solo:

"I saw both the Antwerp shows. They were both great, morrissey in great form, great singing! Yesterday the crowd was much better, much better atmosphere. Although he did his best, the crowd today 'sucked'... On top of that, some 'stupid f*ck' in the crowd shouted some things that upset Morrissey (I couldn't understand what he said). Morrissey shouted 'fuck you' to the guy and invited him to come on stage and sing, when he didn't, Morrissey called him a coward ! Unbelievable that those people come to a concert ! Luckily he continued the show.
    He played a lot of other songs than yesterday, that was great! Asleep, mountjoy, certain people I know, ... During the break in speedway they played another song! He dedicated asleep to the boy that was shot in the US...I blame it to that one coward that he walked off without encore...All respect to Morrissey!"
    A bit more of an elaboration from someone else who was there:

edit: video - https://www.facebook.com/WeAreMozzer...75603089252170

"I was a few rows in front of the heckler. After 'Scandinavia' Morrissey started talking about the Belgian royals and went on about Kate Middleton. At the end of the speech some guy shouted "Just play us a song man!" in a quite derogatory manner as if bored. Morrissey reacted immediately and was obviously quite upset. He said:"Oh shut up! Fuck off! ... I don't want to sing now." Then he asked for the houselights to go on and asked the heckler to make himself known. He did and it was an ugly middle aged balding guy with a red sweater. He was grinning and waving his arms in the air, obvioulsy enjoying his five minutes of fame. Morrissey called him out several times and dared him to come on the podium and sing us a song. The guy didn't move only called "I sing better than you!", but I think this got lost in the talking that had started to build in the hall at that time. Morrissey then called him a coward several times and then said "Just go away. Have I ever done that?" The heckler was really a big twat, cause later during 'Mountjoy' which was a really intimate beautiful moment he started screeching very loudly during the song and not in a cheering way but making a very harsh annoying sound, apparantly in attempt to ruin the ballad. And it did sort of ruin it for me. Morrissey went on and played a few more songs, but obviously way shorter than should have been. No HSIN, no MIM, no encore. It's such a shame because Morrissey had been in such good spirits, talking a lot to the crowd (about cyclists in Antwerp, about the 12 year old boy that got shot by police in Cleveland - he dedicated 'Asleep' to that boy-, and about the royals). At the moment I feel absolutely no anger towards Moz at all, only to the heckler who semi-ruined a great evening for all those hundreds of fans. In a way I was even glad Moz went on at all after that cause when he said "I don't want to sing now" I feared the show was over. We know he reacts very emotianal to these kind of shout outs, obviously there's a few twats who enjoy the negative attention and don't care about Moz or all the other people at the venue. I keep thinking what overly sedated people we Belgians are, if this had happened at a Moz concert in some places in the world I think the bystanders would have shoved the heckler out of the venue, but here people just gave him a few weird looks.
    A few other moments. At some point during the show somebody shouted:"I love you!" and Moz quipped:"And are you seeing a psychiatrist?" I also want to mention the superb version of 'Asleep' for which he got a big ovation.
    All in all a great evening, shame we missed out on a great finale due to the bald red sweater twat."
    Last edited by Ryan; 11-28-2014 at 05:57 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Published on Nov 28, 2014
    Morrissey "Speedway" Antwerp Belgium 27 Nov 2014
    with a song "I Didn`t Know What To Do" by Gilbert O'Sullivan added into the break but did not record the other half of Speedway

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    New album has been written and hopes to be recorded in February!

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/conten...-Feb-mentioned

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Another Serbian interview about his cancer:

You have recently discovered that you are suffering from cancer.You said: "What's done is done, if I die, I die." Many think it was pretty brave. Do you still the same?

• - Well, yes! Because, when you reach a certain age you notice how many men did you lose and it just shows that you and your end is inevitable. When you are older, you realize death in a way that young people can not cope, and to help understanding simply show that you do not have nothing to fear because there is something that is stronger than us, and that is death. And being in her, when she decides.

Any regrets for something?

• - Ah, it's inevitable, it's human nature. That death is nothingness is a safe assumption, because we have no evidence of anything else. Life is being sealed. When the poet John Betjeman was dying, they asked him if he regrets for anything, and he said: "Yes, for what I did not have more sex." I definitely had less sex than him.

https://translate.googleusercontent....59IqnwxxM4QrMQ

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Morrissey UK shows in March

11 January 2015

Morrissey UK shows in March

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    The clone stamp still rears its ugly head online, so I got fed up and made this thread at Moz Solo to set the record straight, and also made all Wikipedia images the non-clone stamped versions of the cover:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/thread...ome-Stamp-Info

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    lel -

http://louderthanwar.com/morrissey-r...-he-has-ebola/

Morrissey refuses to sign autograph because he has ‘ebola’

Posted on January 22, 2015 by louderthanwar

258 156 Google +0 0 414

It’s that time honoured interaction – the autograph- the name scribbled on apiece of paper that will be left rotting in the attic for years when the songs are long forgotten. Some stars like Ringo make declarations of never signing them again and some will spend hours making sure everyone get what they want and some will tease with their mighty quills.

Morrissey, of course, is different.
    And most amusing.
    In a sick and dark way…
    Picture the scene. It’s Los Angeles airport and the bequiffed crooner is striding purposely through the endless concrete. A fan approaches and asks for an autograph and was archly told that he could not have at the scribbled almost childlike monicker because Moz has ‘ebola’.
    The fan saw the amusing side to the quip and left empty handed but still thrilled to have met the enigmatic singer.
    Is it his duty to sign your booty?

- See more at: http://louderthanwar.com/morrissey-r....xyvqc2UV.dpuf

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I discovered that the Japanese edition of WPINOYB has the spoken word versions of the singles as an enhanced CD so grabbed that. Quite happy:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Woah. That's interesting. Would you say that these are worth having - I'm talking audio-wise - over a rip from youtube (or whatever)? Good catch anyway.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Woah. That's interesting. Would you say that these are worth having - I'm talking audio-wise - over a rip from youtube (or whatever)? Good catch anyway.

I'll try to rip the audio. It has a Quicktime logo on the back so not sure how much better fidelity it will be if I'm ripping from .MOV files.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Moz has this posted on the official news site, lol -

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_150222_01

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Aaaand I wasn't expecting this at all - 4 nights in May at the Sydney Opera House:

http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/what...morrissey.aspx

DESCRIPTION

Only Australian Performances

Remaining one of the most singular and iconic figures in popular music with an unparalleled career, the crooning legend will stage four nights in the Concert Hall with a catalogue that spans as many decades.

Continuing to create art across multiple platforms to the delight of his massive devoted following with the instant Penguin Classic Autobiography and his critically acclaimed 10th album World Peace Is None of Your Business, Morrissey's romantic narratives have immortalised the surrounds of '80s era Manchester through to current day on a global level and the profound loneliness inherent to the human condition. Following an epic performance at the Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony that made headlines globally, the subsequent release of World Peace Is None of Your Business proved to be a masterpiece that resonated worldwide with fans and critics alike. Likewise, his #1 bestseller Autobiography remained in Penguin Books’ top ten best sellers list through the whole of 2014.
    Ascribed an irrefutably bleak or gloriously funny songwriter in any given moment, the British iconoclast will take to the intimate surrounds of the Concert Hall stage in an Australian exclusive engagement – bringing the seventh Vivid LIVE to a finale only fitting for Moz.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So Moz just kicked off a new tour and did a great first show in Groningen, playing What She Said and Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before.

...then, of course, the next show was canceled, then postponed, in Tilburg. FFS Moz! -

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/conten...te-Mar-29-2015

UPDATE 10:30 AM PT:

New date posted by Hand in Hand-Shoe:

Morrissey Afgelast - 013.nl

...We've got a new date for Morrissey: Sunday 29 March! Tickets remain valid for this new date. Restitution is possible, please go to the Ticketmaster website for more information

Due to ill health Morrissey will not appear on stage tonight. Therefore the show has been cancelled. Morrissey and 013 are planning a 3rd and definite date after rescheduling the show which was planned november last.

During the band introduction in Groningen last night, he was already sneezing. In between the songs you could also hear and see he had trouble catching his breath.

Official statement:

MORRISSEY SHOW CANCELED DUE TO ILLNESS
    We regret to inform you that Morrissey is forced to cancel tonight's appearance in 013, Tilburg.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So this ballot process was total bullcrap.

I was unsuccessful for all 4 getting tickets (they said they allocated a certain amount per state to
    make it fair - my ass), but fortunately fans are posting about spare tix.

Got 2 for the Saturday show. now need to track down more for the other three.

Many other hardcore fans are in the same boat.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    How does Morrissey continue to stay so sick all the time? I worry about this man.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    How does Morrissey continue to stay so sick all the time? I worry about this man.
    Hes said he's been treated for cancer but has remained vague about it. Said "if I die, I die".
    google it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Why is he doing shows in other countries when he never completed his tour of the US?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Why is he doing shows in other countries when he never completed his tour of the US?
    June 18-21 he'll be at the Firefly festival in the US: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/tour/

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    After many trials and tribulations regarding the 4 Opera House shows, and being disheartened about losing the ballot, three lovely users within the online Moz community have helped out:

Tuesday - attending with my fiancé, though further at the back,

Saturday - attending with my fiancé, in one of the circles close-ish to the stage,

Wednesday and Sunday - attending with my fiancé, premium stalls for both.

I can sleep easy now!

>>

Tuesday - Circle B Reserve / Circle Y8 + Circle Y9

Wednesday - Stalls - Row D

Saturday - Circle Box C

Sunday - Stalls - Row J

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Latest news:

Kiss Me A Lot is being played on The Chatty Man show on March 27. Moz mentioned live tonight that Kiss Me A Lot is "technically" his new single.

Someone just reported that True-To-You just posted that Morrissey has signed to Elektra Records, though the post was taken down. More news as it comes in...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    As much as I did enjoy "World Peace", I found myself forcing myself to listen to it after awhile instead of just wanting to come back and enjoy it for the record it is. It would be interesting if another record were to come out this year, but more than likely we'll see the follow up in 2016.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Kiss Me A Lot has been released as the 5th single from WPINOYB:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_Me_a_Lot

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post

http://www.true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_150402_01

Morrissey new dates

Morrissey will continue promotion for World Peace Is None Of Your Business with the following confirmed North American dates:

June 11
    New Orleans (LA) / Saenger Theater
    June 13
    Atlanta (GA) / Atlanta Symphony Hall
    June 15
    Durham (NC) / The Carolina Theatre
    June 24
    Worcester (MA) / Hanover Theater
    June 27
    New York City (NY) / Madison Square Garden
    June 29
    Akron (OH) / Akron Civic Theater
    June 30
    Cincinnati (OH) / Aronoff Center for the Arts
    July 2
    Nashville (TN) / Grand Ole Opry House
    July 8
    Detroit (MI) / Masonic Temple
    July 9
    Chicago (IL) / Civic Opera House
    July 11
    Normal (IL) / Bloomington Center for the Arts
    July 13
    St. Paul (MN) / Fitzgerald Theater
    July 16
    Morrison (CO) / Red Rocks
    July 18
    Salt Lake City (UT) / The Depot
    July 21
    Seattle (WA) / Benaroya Hall
    July 23
    Troutdale (OR) / Edgefield
    July 25
    San Jose (CA) / San Jose Event Center

Blondie will open the night at Madison Square Garden
    Amanda Palmer will open the night at San Jose
    Crossing my fingers MSG won't be canceled.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    That Bloomington, IL show seems like such a weird venue and so out of the way....but I'll totally end up making the trip.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Aaaaand, I'm going to pretend I didn't see this. Directed by Moz's nephew.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone have any info on a presale code for MSG tomorrow?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Aaaaand, I'm going to pretend I didn't see this. Directed by Moz's nephew.

This was one of my favorite tracks off the album and I kind of love this video. This whole cheap public access look to the video and the random unnecessary girls in underwear might it really unique for Moz.

Also, I clicked on the YT link...

"Comments are disabled for this video."

LOL!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Got my tickets to his Bloomington, Illinois show. Very nerve racking experience.

It will be so weird to watch Morrissey from a balcony as opposed to being way too close to people I don't know in a pit area.