Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: The Smiths/Morrissey

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    That's a banging setlist, I'll be totally satisfied if that's what we get in November.
    I’m surprised there weren’t more Bonfire live debuts.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Kerouac’s Crack live debut:

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal.

‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles.

The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals.

The eleven tracks are:

1. I Am Veronica (done live; first single feat Miley Cyrus)
    2. Rebels Without Applause (done live)
    3. Kerouac’s Crack (done live once so far)
    4. Ha Ha Harlem (track featuring Iggy Pop)
    5. I Live in Oblivion (done live)
    6. Bonfire of Teenagers (done live)
    7. My Funeral
    8. Diana Dors
    9. I Ex-Love You
    10. Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings (done live)
    11. Saint In a Stained Glass Window

Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats.

As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 11-01-2022 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Still can't tell if this is legit or not. If it is, there will be two bonus tracks called "British God" and "Because You're Finished" -

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...c-book.149976/

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Ontario - live debut of Saint In A Stained Glass Window, plus:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Billy Budd / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Jim Jim Falls / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye / My Hurling Days Are Done / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Half A Person / The Loop / Knockabout World / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Saint In A Stained Glass Window (live debut) / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

I turn to your mercy for you are a Saint in a stained glass window.
    I turn for your mercy for you have a soul that can not be bought by money.

I've had such a hard? time, I've been waiting my turn since the wretched day I was born.
    I've had such a marred? time, I should not exist.
    You'll never find my trace on lover's lips.

I turn for your mercy, for you are a Saint in a stained glass window.

You weren't corrupted.
    You tell the truth and you face being butchered?
    I've had such a hard time, I should not exist.
    I'll burn 'till the day I burn.

So, don't pick on me, I know nothing comes next.
    I don't have any strength to protest.

So, Jesus let me die - don't torture me more.
    I've pitched my sights no higher than this hardwood floor.

Oh, Jesus let me die - I can't do this anymore.
    Give me rest - I'm too tired to protest.
    Oh, give me rest,
    Give me rest...
    Give me rest...
    Last edited by Erneuert; 11-13-2022 at 07:07 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    https://www.spin.com/2022/11/morrissey-leaves-la-show/

Morrissey
    is only two shows into his U.S. tour and is already acting very … Morrissey. Last night (Nov. 12) at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, Moz split after just nine songs and 30 minutes on stage. “Sorry, but due to unforeseen circumstances, the show is not going to continue,” one of his band members told the crowd. “Very sorry. We’ll see you next time.”

The announcement (seen in the fan video below) was met with resounding boos, and already the internet is on fire with theories. One that’s being shared repeatedly says that Morrissey was “too cold.” As a reminder, the show was in Los Angeles … not Fargo. According to The Weather Channel, lows at night in L.A. right now are still at or near 50 degrees (which in fairness, for L.A. can be chilly). Also, this is a November tour at an amphitheater, so maybe the same amount of planning he puts into banning meat items on venue food menus could have been put into packing a parka.
    To be fair, this was the last show on the Greek Theater’s concert calendar for the year (the venue doesn’t reopen until April), so there may be some validity to the gripes about the weather. However, others in the crowd still came prepared for the conditions and for a full show. Others theories suggest that Morrissey may have been sick, with some in attendance sharing that he struggled to get through the first batch of songs.
    There’s been no official announcement yet other than a message on The Greek Theater website, which says the show “has been postponed to a TBD date. Please continue to monitor our website for further information.”

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal.

‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles.

The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals.

The eleven tracks are:

1. I Am Veronica (done live; first single feat Miley Cyrus)
    2. Rebels Without Applause (done live)
    3. Kerouac’s Crack (done live once so far)
    4. Ha Ha Harlem (track featuring Iggy Pop)
    5. I Live in Oblivion (done live)
    6. Bonfire of Teenagers (done live)
    7. My Funeral
    8. Diana Dors
    9. I Ex-Love You
    10. Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings (done live)
    11. Saint In a Stained Glass Window

Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats.

As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.
    I was getting suspicious about this actually happening when there was nothing about the album/Moz on Capitol's site. Welp: https://www.morrisseycentral.com/mes.../bonfire-unlit

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I was getting suspicious about this actually happening when there was nothing about the album/Moz on Capitol's site. Welp: https://www.morrisseycentral.com/mes.../bonfire-unlit
    lol, yep.

'Bonfire of Teenagers' is no longer scheduled for a February release, as stated by this site. Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Rebels Without Applause studio version has been released digitally.

Not sure where I Am Veronica is.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    New "Bonfire Of Teenagers" track to be debuted on Richard Blade's SiriusXM show

@richardblade
    has a copy of Morrissey’s Bonfire of Teenagers and will be playing a debut of a track Tuesday at 6pm EST on SiriusXM 1st Wave Channel 33

...reports that it might be the track featuring Iggy Pop, "Ha Ha Harlem".

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    New "Bonfire Of Teenagers" track to be debuted on Richard Blade's SiriusXM show

@richardblade
    has a copy of Morrissey’s Bonfire of Teenagers and will be playing a debut of a track Tuesday at 6pm EST on SiriusXM 1st Wave Channel 33

...reports that it might be the track featuring Iggy Pop, "Ha Ha Harlem".
    I'm sure you already saw this by now but...

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Yeah, saw that earlier. Lame.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    lol, what a mess. One single released from BOT, no album. I Am Veronica still not out as a single, and now BOT not even acknowledged in lieu of a new-new album.

I take it this new record won't have a title track song going by the album title:

MORRISSEY 2023

Studio time is booked for January and February 2023 when Morrissey will record his new album WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES. The recording will be the fifth Morrissey album produced by ten Grammy winner Joe Chiccarelli , and the band continues to be Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur, Alain Whyte, Juan Galeano and Brendan Buckley. The 12 songs were written by Morrissey with Alain Whyte, Jesse Tobias, Gustavo Manzur. There is no record label as yet for the project, and ways to attain global distribution are being researched.

Morrissey commented:

"The songs, of course, are magnificent, and even the relentless difficulties we have experienced recently are not enough to kill us off. "

Morrissey's last album release was 'I Am Not A Dog on a Chain' in March 2020, which charted at #1 in both Poland and Scotland, #3 in France and England.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Long story short for everyone:

I Am Veronica was supposed to come out as the first single. Didn’t happen. Rebels Without Applause came out instead. Then the entire Bonfire of Teenagers album is delayed.

Reason being: Miley Cyrus didn’t want to be credited on I Am Veronica, or wanted to remain anonymous. Now they have to go back and remove her backing vocals from the track.

Presumably, I Am Veronica will come out after that. The album itself is now on schedule for a February release.

And “Without Music The World Dies” will be recorded in Feb-March. Can’t wait to hear the new songs penned with Alain.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    …meanwhile, Iggy Pop had no problem being mentioned as guesting on “Ha Ha Harlem,” lol.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Why do it at all if you don’t want to be credited? Weird. Not like no one is aware of what Morrissey is like

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    My thoughts exactly. Hell, she was happy to have a photo with him during the session:

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/mes...-a-punk-rocker

Miley Cyrus now wants to be taken off the song ‘I Am Veronica’ for which she volunteered backing vocals almost two years ago. This comes at a time when Morrissey has disassociated himself with Capitol Records (Los Angeles), who control the hidden album ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’.
    Above, Morrissey and Miley during Miley’s session for ‘I Am Veronica’.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The way I read this whole situation is Miley wanted to be on a song with Moz, but her label said no. So to get around this she was going to be featured uncredited. And then Morrissey posted about it on his site and blew it, so they have to remove her vocals now due to her label, not her.
    Last edited by imail724; 12-30-2022 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    The way I read this whole situation is Miley wanted to be on a song with Moz, but her label said no. So to get around this she was going to be featured on credited. And then Morrissey posted about it on his site and blew it, so they have to remove her vocals now due to her label, not her.
    Why do labels still care about stuff like that so much in these times? Just let her sing on it ffs.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    The alternate/“full” version of “There Speaks A True Friend” from the Your Arsenal era has finally leaked:

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...ersion.150547/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    For all his talk of elites and whatever, Morrissey just comes across as deeply conservative and obsessed with record labels - why doesn't he just self release and charge what he wants?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    For all his talk of elites and whatever, Morrissey just comes across as deeply conservative and obsessed with record labels - why doesn't he just self release and charge what he wants?
    Because he’s old fashioned and likes the prestige that comes with being on a label from what I’ve read. But because there have been so many horror stories dealing with him over the years (look how many labels he’s been on), no one wants to touch him these days to avoid the headache.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    WHEN YOU ARE THE QUARRY

by MORRISSEY

I am aware that the ludicrous 'Morrissey is Far Right' attributions have very recently wiggled back into minor vogue on all of the usual gossip sites. This rush is, I am assured, in view of Miley Cyrus wanting to be removed from 'I Am Veronica', and suddenly the very dated rehash of "This is because of Morrissey's political views" wobbles out - delighting those for whom I am a book that under no circumstances can they stop reading. My friends are fully aware of a certain aim to put me out of circulation, which has inexplicably become relentless even though the entire point of Cancel Culture is to never again acknowledge whomever has been cancelled. You cannot constantly vomit out the same regurgitated "he should not be listened to" dirge year after year, because YOU are displaying an obsession that you urge others to avoid. I had secretly hoped that the glorious benefit of being cancelled would be that I could never again receive a bad review, because even to give me yet another oh-so-predictable bad review confirms that I am not, after all, cancelled. But the Cancel Vultures write only in headlines; they do not answer questions; their darts aim only for the inspired elite of perceptive intelligence. The Vultures are usually chief exponents of the hate and harassment which they themselves define as justification for Cancellation of others. Cancel Vultures are unknowable blanks, and they only attack those of whom they are most jealous - because others don't count. They will not forgive you for being alive, but they will not square up to you face-to-face because they would be forced to look into your eyes … where the wordless truth resides. Worst of all, Cancel Vultures cannot ever apologize for being wrong. This would be worse than death. I have been invited onto U.S. and U.K television news outlets to discuss the situation with Miley and 'Bonfire of teenagers', but of course, there's no point. In truth, Miley has backed off for reasons unconnected to me, having had a major clash with a key figure in 'the circle'. I cannot give any details about the private fight because … it is private, after all.

Miley knew everything about me when she arrived to sing 'I Am Veronica' almost two years ago; she walked into the studio already singing the song. She volunteered. I did not ask her to get involved. Her professionalism was astounding, her vocals a joy to behold. Every minute that I spent with Miley was loving and funny. She asked if she could be in the 'Veronica' video. I was very honored. She told me that Morrissey songs are on 24-hour rotation in her house, and she had frequently been photographed in Morrissey t-shirts. Miley came into my world; I did not venture towards hers. I was eternally thankful, and even now, I remain so.

The campaign to destroy my career was originally led by four male individuals in Britain, each of whom have prominent positions on social media - and they have full unedited access to the Legacy Media. At some point, each one of them had hopes of a candle-lit friendship with me, and this did not happen. Their rage for attention then took a different turn. They want some form of Wikipedia mention as well as a future personal Index reference in 'Who Killed Morrissey?'. Yes, staggeringly, that is their goal.

Although the Left changed and deserted me many years ago, I am most certainly not Far Right, and I have not ever met anyone who claims to be Far Right. My politics are straightforward: I recognize realities. Some realities horrify me, and some do not, but I accept that I was not created so that others might gratify me and delight me with all that they think and do - what a turgid life that would be. I've been offended all of my life, and it has strengthened me, and I am glad. I wouldn't have the journey any other way. Only by hearing the opinions of others can we form truly rational views, and therefore we must never accept a beehive society that refuses to reflect a variety of views.

I am therefore sorry to report to some of you that I am absolutely not Far Right. If your wearisome echo disapproves of me not being Far Right, I wish you the hope that you deny yourself. Britain's 'Question Time' has thrown the red carpet my way six times asking me to appear on television to discuss the Left-Right divide, but I have always refused, and not least of all because I am sick to death of a debate that can never possibly resolve itself. I also refuse because I am apolitical, and if nothing else, I know my place.

I do not care very much about myself - and I never have. But the crucial point about 'Music as Art' is evident in life-changing music that has always happened before anyone expected it. The very best examples are the Sex Pistols, David Bowie, the Ramones, the Velvet Underground, Alice Cooper, and even the Dolls and Iggy: no one saw these monoliths coming, therefore the people discovered them before the industry had time to halt the fun. Now, alas, music cannot happen unless it adheres to strict industry guidelines, and this falsely assures the listening public that things could not possibly be better than they currently are. The infantilised world is delighted to stream music, but if they were asked to walk 50 yards to a record shop to access those very songs … they wouldn't bother to. However, the connection between the music industry and Cancel Vultures is that they both agree that their main job is to stop singers and bands from saying anything important. Respecting equal freedom for those that you control … is not freedom. Music as Art has now been destroyed because it expands public opinion, and thus, with the current Top 100 downloads … no bubbles can ever rise. Songs once kept listeners occupied for years, but this has been replaced by suspiciously instant stardom for anyone obedient enough to agree that babies are naturally born through the left ear. Proper artists need not apply. Imagination must be paralyzed, and saying nothing whatsoever is the only pathway to all music awards. Look for yourself.

Following Britain's 9/11 abomination at the Manchester Arena, Miley was asked to take part in the Don't Look Back In Anger event, and she refused. I asked her why she had refused, and she said "I am not into all that."

I write these words mainly for (but not directly about) my audience - who are the best and most incredible audience that anyone could dream of, and perhaps many onlookers are jealous of this fact. I have not ever voted for a political party in my life, and I have not ever joined a political party, and I have not ever attended a political rally. On the political stage, I do not exist: you have never seen me there and you never shall. I therefore do not mind in the least if you join the Morrissey haters - there is always the likelihood that I'd feel exactly the same way about you. But if you join forces with the Cancel Vultures, your only aim is to numb time, and your eyes are dead.

5 January 2023

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    More self-righteous paranoid shit-flinging. Sometimes it's not a conspiracy, you're just an unpleasant person.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    More self-righteous paranoid shit-flinging. Sometimes it's not a conspiracy, you're just an unpleasant person.
    lol: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...5-2023.150565/

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
    The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
    Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
    Boulevard
    Headache
    Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
    Notre-Dame
    Many Icebergs Ago
    Happy New Tears
    The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
    3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
    4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
    6 written by Mark Adams
    Engineered by Bill Mimms.
    Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
    Jesse Tobias guitars
    Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
    Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
    Juan Galeano bass
    Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

marfagiant@gmail.com

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Despite his reputation, surely there's enough weight behind the Morrissey name now to self-release these records and still make some money on them.

It seems a shame the fans are missing out on now 2 new albums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Despite his reputation, surely there's enough weight behind the Morrissey name now to self-release these records and still make some money on them.

It seems a shame the fans are missing out on now 2 new albums.
    We should place bets on whether this new one comes out before Bonfire. It’s likely considering he has control over this one. I wonder if he could do what Taylor Swift did and re-record (aka adjust) the Bonfire songs to release them.