Thread: Halloween

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Unacceptable!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Fun times!

Link to the entire gallery (some NSFW!)
    Friends of mine were the Stormtrooper, and Mickey Rourke from "Iron Man 2". These are people who take costumes as serious business. Other standouts (at least geek-pop-culture and not fetish-wise) included Bane (several), Assassin's Creed, the photographer and his wife as Daniel Jackson and Hathor...
    Last edited by Fixer808; 11-01-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Also, another Halloween comes to an end... :/
    I love this time of year and it goes by way too fast! Also, I turned 32 several hours ago...

jaimie Guest

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Me and my GF

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I didn't get any pictures of my daria outfit =[ oh well, next year perhaps.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I guess with a minor title change this could be a yearly Halloween thread?
    Anyway...this piece sums up what I have problems with at Halloween:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...usaolp00000009
    people trying to be smart rather than concentrating on looking good

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Halloween 2012!

I lack the type of creativity (or something) to get into Halloween. The only part of Halloween that I enjoy is the candy, the Halloween theme baking / cooking shows on the Food network, and the little ones' trick or treat costumes. And maybe Fright Fest at Six Flags. I never loved it, even as a child. Dunno why. I think maybe it's because I'm an INTJ.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-22-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    I have a costume party next week, but work and a bunch of projects are keeping me busy, so i won't be able to make a decent Halloween costume this year... crap!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm thinking of going the easy route and going as Lisbeth Salander. Ripped up tshirt, black boots, black skinny jeans, spiking up my hair, and putting my old facial piercing jewelry in if possible. Easiest costume ever.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Halloween 2012!

Heh one year I had to go to my best friends' Halloween party, I wore jeans, boots, and I borrowed a toy holster and gun and a cowboy hat from my brother's leftover childhood toys. The simplest costume I've ever seen was a kid I knew in 6th grade; he put on his sister's bathing cap and went as a "deep sea monster."

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I have no idea what to do! I'm strapped for a costume idea... I had an idea back in September but wrote it off as being to difficult to assemble (needed like 10 different things ordered online and alot of sewing, so I decided I didn't have the time, money or patience for a Halloween costume). Next, went to my local halloween costume store and found something that was overpriced, but thought would make a good alternative, so I settled, brought it home, tried it on, the materials were garbage, so i returned it. back to the drawing board...

I decided to just CHEAP out and buy a Slipknot mask on eBay, already havea jumpsuit laying around so whatever, cheap costume idea... mask arrive and was garbage quality, put it on and couldn't breathe at all, the material was not working well with my breathing... bad to the drawing board... went to another store found another costume, that once again I bought (wasn't much... like $35) brought home, was all 100% convinced it was the one, but it also covers my face too much and can't breath again... urgh... I cut a breathing hole in it, that actually works well for me to stick my nose out of to breath and doen't take away from the idea of the costume but... once again, not very breathable...

So I don't think I should risk dying over Halloween and should change my costume yet AGAIN! However, the Party I am attending is this Saturday and tomorro is Wednesday and I have no ideas left.... urgh!!!!

I'm considering REALLY cheaping out and ripping off a piece of coloured fabric for an eye bandana and be a Ninja Turtle, that's really ghetto though, hahaha...
    urgh, tomorrow is last chance halloween costume shopping or i'll have to risk wearing one of the non breathable costumes...

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    im me for halloween because im a character.

ba dum tishhhhh

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    UGH, I don't know if I'm doing anything for Halloween this year. Here was the sole amount of my effort last year when I was going to a Halloween chiptunes show:

IF I had the time or the money, and I really don't even know if I'm working, I'd be going as a gender-swapped joker. Here was me practicing the beginnings of the makeup earlier in the year:

It would have been like... classic white face and nice suit and shit.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 10-22-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I remember that photo! DO JOKER!!

I was going to be this:

But I ran out of time so I'm going to re-do this:

But without the rocket pack because I don't want to be "that guy" walking around the bar smacking into people. Bad enough the helmet will be cumbersome...

jaimie Guest
    Going to be working on my Monchhichi costume down to the wire as usual, the body is done but still working on the mask and hands.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I don't fit into my daria outfit (just the skirt) anymore, I think I'll just go for old hag witch. Growing up I've usually chosen being a witch, except for the year I was a flapper and the year I was Wednesday Addams. Actually, now that I mention it, I think I may just go for Wednesday Addams again, my hair is long enough to braid slightly and all I need a black dress with buttons and white collar that I may have to add myself.

...Except I just discovered I can't braid my own hair =[
    Last edited by halloween; 10-23-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got my costume ready.

Don't just stare at it, eat it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Please tell me you got business cards printed up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Of course. Bone coloring and Silian Rail lettering.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Broke and not sure that I'm going out or not this year, so I'm just falling back on my Raoul Duke costume from a couple years ago if I have to. Sooner or later, one of these years, I'm really going to go all-out on a badass costume.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    ^^ That's what I was thinking of doing, but I couldn't find just the right coat at Value Village... Instead I fixed up my Boba Fett costume, leaving for Noir's Tales From The Morgue in a few!

It's being held at Chapel Arts, which used to be a mortuary. Gonna be a fun night!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    we're having our annual Hitchcock Halloween party on friday. get wasted and watch the classics.. cannot wait!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Halloween

Worked all weekend, and working on Halloween itself, so no real party plans. This Phish concert should be interesting, though.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Way behind my schedule, the party's tomorrow and the stuff I need hopefully arrives today so I can spend the evening and a good portion of the night on my costume. First time Halloween for me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Actually doing something for Halloween and going to the London Tombs tonight with my cat ears.
    Last edited by miss k bee; 10-31-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Throwing on the Raoul Duke costume and heading for Glamour Trash tonight!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I think I'm gonna go as Kanye West and not show up anywhere
    Last edited by ibanez33; 10-31-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)