Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Halloween

A'ight, what's everyone dressing as? Where you going? All that stuff! I fucking LOVE this time of year.

I'm still trying to figure out a costume for one party, have one for a second. Possible "Shaun of the Dead", or "Raoul Duke".

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    If I had anywhere to go dressed up as something, I'd dress up as Daria. But as it is, I'm ALLL BY MY SELF in the woods of Vermont. SIIIIGH.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    A'ight, what's everyone dressing as? Where you going? All that stuff! I fucking LOVE this time of year.

I'm still trying to figure out a costume for one party, have one for a second. Possible "Shaun of the Dead", or "Raoul Duke".
    Do you know any good open party's or halloween events going on around town? Kinda stumped for stuff to do.

There's always the Dunbar Haunted House, http://www.dunbarhauntedhouse.com/
    Didn't make it there last year due to poor planning and the night we were going there was a 3 hour line to get in, so by the time we got down there, and waited in that line it would have closed, so we scrapped that idea.

I went the previous year before they moved. Pretty good effort put into that house.

I'll probably be hosting a very mild Halloween themed video game night next weekend for a few close friends, nothing to nuts. But the real partying will be the weekend of the 26-27th.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Do you know any good open party's or halloween events going on around town? Kinda stumped for stuff to do.
    Well I'm going to Sin City Halloween, but friend invited me to Cirque Noir at Club Fivesixty. Judging from last year's video it looks like a good time.

jaimie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    If I had anywhere to go dressed up as something, I'd dress up as Daria. But as it is, I'm ALLL BY MY SELF in the woods of Vermont. SIIIIGH.
    HA I am going as Daria http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8038/7...ffe09fd0_b.jpg I initially created the costume for a friends 90's party but decided I am going to go ahead and wear it for Halloween as well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm going as Daniel Bryan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just bought all my pumpkins for Halloween. Going to carve a total at least 3 this year, and I cannot wait to start them. This year, I'm going a dragon, an alien chestburster, and my all time favorite, The Death Star. This will be my second atttempt at it, and I got a perfect, huge pumpkin for it.

Does anyone know of anything I could spray on them (fire retardant, please) to keep them from rotting? I would love to start carving them now, but I don't want to have rotten pumpkins in 2 weeks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Shaun of the dead? What, are you just going to have a little "red on you"?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    getting creative with makeup this year (or rather, the missus is). going for a zippered face look, blood and sinew underneath the zipper. going to see smashing pumpkins at barclays with the VIP package business, so hoping to creep the band out backstage. probably some parties the weekend before. hate when halloween is on a weeknight...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    I will vouch for this as also another in Vermont in the woods but also on an island in the woods. Maybe i could pass as some native backwoods cannibal this year.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themethatyouknow View Post
    Shaun of the dead? What, are you just going to have a little "red on you"?
    Hah! Well I also found a cricket bat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My costume.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Now I'm thinking I might try this:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm going as Abraham Lincoln, but I'm going to have a bullet hole in my head and blood all over my face. Very PC.

I've got my house all Halloweeny, and I keep adding more stuff (just picked up an animatronic Frankenstein on clearance a few days ago). I think I dropped more money at Spirit this year than the last 10 years combined, and that's saying a lot. Spirit is like my own personal Bed Bath and Beyond.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Edit- fuck it, i was in a thrift store and saw a green jacket, and caved. Daria it is! It was a shame i couldn't find regular combat boots, but I found something similar enough. It's all a bit half-assed, considering the jacket has buttons and not a zipper, but whatever, I'm not that picky :P
    Last edited by halloween; 10-20-2012 at 02:51 PM.

jaimie Guest
    Yeah my Daria jacket was actually beige so it took 8 bottles of fabric paint to get it the color I wanted. Not a method I would recommend

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I ran out of time for "Road Warrior". There's not a proper cut of leather jacket, nor fitting pair of leather pants to be had at thrift stores in this town. I'm going with my backup:

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    My wife and I host a Halloween party every year, it's sort of a tradition. And we do have it ON the 31st, not on the weekend before, because that's just cheating...

This year I'll be dressed as the 10th Doctor! Very excited, I have just the right haircut and glasses to begin with, but I got a sonic screwdriver and I'm picking up my suit in a day or two.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    '

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Really lolling at the prospect of this thread turning into pictures of 30+ people in Drive costumes.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Possible "Shaun of the Dead", or "Raoul Duke".
    What the fuck. I was going to be Raoul Duke but it's damn near impossible to get the hat & glasses anywhere I've looked. So I'm going as my backup... Shaun, from SotD.

Will have shitfaced pics later on, probably.

*edit* Here's how I wore it last night, for tonight I've shaved the scruff into a shitty little goatee and I'm just about to tatter up the shirt and splash a little blood on it.

Last edited by ibanez33; 10-27-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    From last night, in the "almost done" stage:

Photos will be taken at the event tonight!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    There were like 4 guys dressed as Bane at Halloween party last night. Fortunately, one of the event hosts was a girl dressed as Bane, and she did the voice pretty well. Also, the photographer was Daniel Jackson from Stargate. There were some pretty good costumes!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I was a turtle

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I was Hulk Hogan, I had a beard and shaved it to a Hulkster style fu-manchu.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My best friend and I are going as Team Hell No (I'm Daniel Bryan and she'll be Kane)! It looks like we'll be going to some gawth party in Chicago on halloween, so this should be pretty fucking hilarious going as wrestlers! I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So I guess I had Halloween earlier this evening

Was a pretty hot day so I'm sitting out the back in my jocks, sinking beers. 5 girls seemed like 6 to 16 ran around all dressed up with bags for lollies. Had nothing to give, so had to send them off empty handed. Couldve been a cunt and gone in and grabbed sugar cubes, or rain checked for when I'm stoned and face deep in a bag of caramello koalas, but I told them to trick or something. They didn't.

Even though it's not really celebrated here, I feel like a party pooper Hopefully my state of undress frightened them at least.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm Lemongrab with my roommate BMO!